8.9

1. EmilA.
    Mar 6, 2008
    It's a really fun and entertaining platform game. Excellent controls and feeling. The story is thrilling and well put on the table. Great game!
  2. TedG.
    May 8, 2005
    some people might disagree but I think this game is like mario sunshine on crack, with better level design and none of those goddammed unplaytested so frustrating you want to disembowel someone flaws. perfect difficulty ramp, incredible amount of exploration, hand-drawn collectibles, precise control (dont listen to IGN reviewer because the system rewards skill not windwaker-esque "auto some people might disagree but I think this game is like mario sunshine on crack, with better level design and none of those goddammed unplaytested so frustrating you want to disembowel someone flaws. perfect difficulty ramp, incredible amount of exploration, hand-drawn collectibles, precise control (dont listen to IGN reviewer because the system rewards skill not windwaker-esque "auto grab") and terrific voice acting all makes this the most atmospheric and engrossing platformer since American McGee's Alice (11 on a scale of 1 to 10). sheer amount of creativity is unbelievable. Expand
  3. AngelantonioC.
    Jan 25, 2007
    The best 3D platform game on PC after Rayman 2. Psychonauts is a merry-go-round of humor and subjects literally "out of imagination". It's the example that videogame ARE art.
  4. DariusK.
    Jun 15, 2005
    While it has its problems (camera), this was definitely the best game I've played in a long while. I think the level design is superb, particularly the "Gloria's Theater" level, with its insistence on multiple overlapping play spaces. Brilliant. And hilarious.
  5. MarkT.
    Jul 25, 2005
    This game is a rare gem... the twisted 50s paranoia filled neighbourhood you wonder in search of the milkman is a true classic; the hapless comments from the residents of lungfishopolis are hilarious; while the camera angles are a pain sometimes, this is a must-buy for anyone who feels computer games need to be a little more adventurous and a little less formulaic. Two thumbs up!
  6. HamidZ.
    Oct 11, 2006
    It's the best platform game for the PC. No Joke.
  7. StefanoG.
    Oct 17, 2006
    Best platform game ever seen! The real game for all "day of the tentacle" fans, updated with current technology for anyone interested in computer gaming: buy it without doubt, it's a definitive masterpiece, a must. Suitable also for any age, 6-99 years.
  8. Jeffthejiff
    Feb 23, 2006
    This is the greatest game i've played in years. Thanks to Tim Schafer's adventure game roots, the story is original and imaginitive, and the level design really pulls you in to the surreal atmosphere. The characters are fantastic, with spot on voice acting delivering some great one-liners. The game is loosely structured, allowing you to roam around and play various missions, This is the greatest game i've played in years. Thanks to Tim Schafer's adventure game roots, the story is original and imaginitive, and the level design really pulls you in to the surreal atmosphere. The characters are fantastic, with spot on voice acting delivering some great one-liners. The game is loosely structured, allowing you to roam around and play various missions, many of which are based within other character's minds - allowing all sorts of weird and wonderful things to happen. The gameplay mechanics are a lot of fun, allowing you to use various psychic powers such as levitation and telekinesis. While the prospect of hunting for items in order to buy equipment or level up seems daunting at first, the game never seems to get repetitive or dull thanks to the beautiful and imaginitive scenery and plenty of characters to talk to or just listen to. I honestly think that gaming cant get much better than this. It is hilarious, thoughtful, hugely detailed, and above all a massive amount of fun. Its great and just keeps growing on you. Expand
  9. NagyB.
    May 1, 2006
    Simply a GREAT game!
  10. RichardS.
    Oct 28, 2007
    This is best platformer I have played (and played and played) to date. Nothing sucked me in like this since Mario64. The art and characters are brilliant, though some levels are difficult, they are more than possible with a little thinking. The story is wacky, insane and fun. And though using a keyboard and mouse it hard (find me one that isn't), it's a platformer, so I used a This is best platformer I have played (and played and played) to date. Nothing sucked me in like this since Mario64. The art and characters are brilliant, though some levels are difficult, they are more than possible with a little thinking. The story is wacky, insane and fun. And though using a keyboard and mouse it hard (find me one that isn't), it's a platformer, so I used a control pad. Anyone with even the remotest interest in Platform style games should play this, if for no other reason than to know what you should expect a great game to be. Expand
  11. SimonA.
    Jan 30, 2007
    Simply the best game of its genre, I have ever played!
  12. KoleR.
    Mar 26, 2007
    This game is fun, funny, and one of the best games I have ever played its plot is interesting and funny. It is a shame if you haven't heard of this game. Its only $20 and its awesome. Must Have.
  13. JLiberman
    Apr 16, 2007
    A great game, this one deserves a sequel. The Nicklodeon style and humor sets it apart from everything out there. While cartoony, this game is not just for children.
  14. CliftonM.
    May 1, 2007
    One of the best and funniest games to come out in the last 5 years, a true shame it didn't sell very well.
  15. KristianK.
    May 27, 2007
    It is the best game in the WORLD :P
  16. JordanB.
    Jul 24, 2007
    This is the coolest game i have ever played. not the best, but the coolest. it is prince of persia with psychic powers.
  17. JasonMiller
    Mar 1, 2009
    Very original and fun game. I know some complained about the controls, but I used a standard keyboard+mouse setup and it played great, so I'm not really sure what the issue was.
    The design came off with a nice balance between weird and realism, and has a maturity to it that most games I've played, especially more recent ones, simply lack.
    This game has now got me interested in
    This game has now got me interested in the other things the designer (Tim Schafer) has made as well, and I'm impressed.
  18. ErikB.
    Sep 15, 2005
    This game reminded me why I love video games. It had characters I actually cared about, a great storyline, and cool levels. The voice acting really helped with the immersion. I loved the totally different feel each level had, and I although the puzzles were pretty easy I had fun solving them. It took me about 14 hours to complete the game with about 95% of the items collected, but I can This game reminded me why I love video games. It had characters I actually cared about, a great storyline, and cool levels. The voice acting really helped with the immersion. I loved the totally different feel each level had, and I although the puzzles were pretty easy I had fun solving them. It took me about 14 hours to complete the game with about 95% of the items collected, but I can probably blow through it in 6 hours now that all the exploring is taken care of. If you like platforms this is the best that's come out in quite a while. Expand
    Sep 18, 2005
    The legendary Tim Schafer mixes hilarious dialog, wildly bizarre settings, imaginitive gameplay and the voice of Invader Zim to make a truly excellent (yet sorely underrated) game.
  20. DavidH.
    Nov 10, 2006
    Brilliant - Certainly one of the best platformers and one of the best games for innovation and style.
  21. CraigC.
    Oct 12, 2006
    This game is fun all the way through. It has a fun story with great gameplay, along with some quirky characters. I've played through this game about 3 times now, and I've loved having it.
  22. TomasR.
    Oct 12, 2006
    Supreme writing + best level design in years + perfect fun = Psychonauts, the best game of the last 5 years.
  23. NadarajenV.
    Nov 23, 2006
    A fun, challenging, beautifully designed game with great graphics and an original and interesting plot. Refreshing. A must have!
  24. MichaelD.
    Oct 14, 2006
    The best platformer ever released for the PC.
  25. KDep
    Jan 15, 2006
    Hands down one of the best games I've ever played. Go out and get it now if you haven't played it. The best thing is that while the base concept of the game stays the same, you never are doing the same thing. Your objectives and goals are different, and the game is very funny. I can't recommend this game enough!
  26. Maurog
    Dec 21, 2007
    A masterpiece reminding of good old classics like Monkey Island II. The characters, the plot, the very weird humor all blended perfectly. Easily one of the best games ever made.
  27. BraibaG.
    Jun 19, 2007
    Both the most innovative and most under appreciated game of recent memory.
  28. ClaytonO.
    Jul 29, 2007
    I've been wanting to play this game for a long time. I finally got it on PC since it's kind of hard to find on XBOX nowadays. This is by far the most creative game I've ever played. I really enjoyed it and am quietly hoping for a sequel although I'm pretty sure the first one didn't make enough money to warrant one. Quite a shame really, this was an absolute joy to I've been wanting to play this game for a long time. I finally got it on PC since it's kind of hard to find on XBOX nowadays. This is by far the most creative game I've ever played. I really enjoyed it and am quietly hoping for a sequel although I'm pretty sure the first one didn't make enough money to warrant one. Quite a shame really, this was an absolute joy to play. Highly recommended!!!! Expand
  29. SeanW.
    Sep 12, 2007
    Such a very unique game. Very few games can compare nowadays.
  30. BrianM.
    Mar 17, 2008
    Amazing game with hilarious storyline and slapstick comedy.

1. Psychonauts doesn't reinvent the platformer, but it still delivers an experience that feels wholly original in every aspect of its execution.
    It's a brilliant debut for Double Fine, and here's hoping it's just the start of what we can expect to see from them.
  3. A triumph of art direction, a prime example of exquisite aesthetics and of how well an imaginary world can be beautifully conceived.