7.0

1. Oct 6, 2013
    Enjoyable though not very challenging puzzle game. Most of the puzzles, though not very intuitive and some even being quite repetitive, are easy to solve with a bit of common sense. A few puzzles however are a bit trickier but this is mostly to blame on vague instructions. Hints will help you further in these occasions but it will cost you points.
    The story is a bit difficult to follow at
    times but i was still able to like it due to the quirky characters and atmosphere. The design of it all is quite likable.
    Is it enough to save the game? Barely. In the end it looks like it tried to be like the Professor Layton series but it doesn't even come close due to not having it's originality in puzzles.
    A shame. But as i said, i still enjoyed myself enough not to hate it. I even enjoyed it a little more than the first Puzzel Agent.
  2. Dec 29, 2011
    A disappointing sequel to the original game. Telltale fixed the problem with bad puzzle directions by simply dumbing down the puzzles and making the solutions to them entirely arbitrary. The story starts off promising amid the same creepy atmosphere as before but then descend about half way through into weirdness and silliness. The ending is atrocious from any point of view. The original game wasn't perfect but it at least had the benefit of feeling crafted. The sequel feels rushed and more about exploiting art assets rather than any love for game play. The only thing that is really a positive is that the old characters (and some new ones) possess their own vibrant personalties. If you played the original game there is enough here to draw you in to see how the story ends and then by the end you wished you hadn't. The two games had potential and it's unfortunate that Telltale dropped the ball. Expand
  3. Dec 31, 2011
    Compared to the first, the charm of this is really lacking. The puzzles are slightly worse, the characters are slightly less amusing, and the plot is less coherent. It's certainly not to the caliber of the first, but if you really enjoyed the first, you could enjoy this one, just don't expect it to be as good.
  4. Dec 31, 2011
    I have recently finished the game and I really enjoyed it. I fell in love with the art style, goofy characters, and over-the-top story. I do need to point out that the game ends the story a few scenes too soon. This maybe TellTale's way of leaving openings for a third installment (which I encourage). The puzzles were not that difficult but I don't find that as a bad thing. That is not to say I didn't get stomped once or twice. If your looking for some real head scratch-ers, you will not find them here. With that said, I would recommend this game to any of my friends Expand
  5. Jun 19, 2013
    Puzzle Agent 2 is a completely lackluster experience. I get that the art style is trying to make it look like a comic, but it feels like i'm looking at a comic through a magnifying glass. It just hurts the eyes, and the framerate is god awful during cutscenes, i pretty much had to close my eyes and just listen to what the characters were saying. The gameplay itself has you solving puzzles. These puzzles are either extremely simplistic, or near impossible. The progression just isn't right, and the game suffers from it. The only real saving grace of this game is its relatively decent story. It's quite over the top, but I honestly was interested in seeing what happened in the end. Expand
  6. Jan 2, 2012
    I thought it was just about as charming as the first one. I really enjoy the art and the story, although the story gets a bit carried away before it's over. The puzzles all felt familiar, but most were still fun. I have to disagree about puzzle directions being fixed, though; a few puzzles took one attempt (which counts against you) to determine some of the rules or behaviors. (I'm looking at you, electron puzzle and rock-throwing puzzle.) Toward the end of the game, the occasional typo or lack of clarity in puzzle directions and hints left me wondering if some puzzles had gotten the rush job on the editorial process. And at least one puzzle was downright frustrating to me, even after seeing all hints (*cough* racoons *cough*), and that's one too many to unreservedly recommend a puzzle game to friends (or be certain I'd buy another sequel unless the issues are specifically addressed). Expand
  7. Nov 23, 2012
    Cute and mildly entertaining; the puzzles are fairly simple if you've played games in the genre before, but they're not necessarily explained well if you aren't familiar with them. The plot is about what you would expect from a game of this type: it's best to ignore it and just play the puzzles. You can get a few hours of entertainment out of it, but that's about all.
  8. Nov 21, 2012
    I really thought that Puzzle Agent 2 really fixed a lot of the major flaws from the first. Fewer ambiguous puzzles, more substantial hints, and better explanations. All around the puzzles were much better designed, and as a result, I had a much better time with this game. The major downside, however, is that this game is easier than the first. Even the game's hardest puzzles only took maybe 5-10 minutes. A few puzzles might be more difficult for people with no background in math... something to consider. The story continues from the first and I thought it was decent, but it's more plot-driven and loses some of its charm in the rush.

If you were able to stomach Puzzle Agent 1, then this will be a welcome improvement. If you're a fan of puzzles, this isn't as good as the Layton games, but it's cheaper and still fun.
  9. Nov 5, 2012
    Like all Telltale games, Puzzle Agent 2 has character and charm but this is an overall disappointing sequel. The puzzles aren't terribly difficult; I got 100% achievements on only the second play-through so don't expect much of a challenge. The story is the usual over-the-top fare with plenty of nods to the X-Files and Twin Peaks, which I personally enjoyed so I'd recommend the game to anyone who enjoyed Puzzle Agent with the caveat that the puzzles are easier and the story gets sillier. Expand
  10. Apr 28, 2013
    it's the plot! and the quirky drawings! same as the first game; the puzzles are easy, the game is short, and there's no replay value. it's $10 on steam right now, so for a budget-conscious gamer, it might not be worth getting (that's $5 an hour!). but if it's on sale, definitely check it out!
  11. AWG
    Aug 14, 2013
    I liked the introduction of achievements and the fact they continued the story from the first game, but everything is a little too random for my taste (and some puzzles are just badly designed).
  12. Nov 20, 2013
    Puzzle Agent 2 is a very humorous game, but equally as average… For a puzzle game you wouldn't expect several of the puzzles to be bug filled, but unfortunately that is the case! The art style used in the game is quite unique and it works well with the style of humour and overall represents the personalities of the characters aptly… I do credit the game with having a good storyline, but it just felt like something was missing from the whole experience… If you enjoy puzzle games, I would recommend this, it was great fun, but it is short! Also, some puzzles are ridiculously easy, but some are absurdly hard there really isn't too much middle ground! Expand

1. Sep 21, 2011
    Overall, Puzzle Agent 2 is something of a mixed bag. If you're a hardcore puzzle solver who misses the complexity of games like The 7th Guest and The 11th Hour, then Puzzle Agent 2 might not provide you with anything to get excited about. But if you're a casual gamer looking for something more charming than challenging, then Puzzle Agent 2 might be right up your ally, and well worth its $10 price tag.
  2. Sep 16, 2011
    Puzzle Agent 2 does nothing to differentiate itself from what it's predecessor did a year ago. It offers the same structure, the same length and the same types of puzzles. Unfortunately, it ends up seeming more like the second half of a complete work than a whole new adventure.
    More puzzles, even more crazy cases. Puzzle Agent 2 successfully balances between horror and Monty Python style of humor. Better play the first part before – lots of connections to previous game here. [Issue#207]