8.7

1. Aug 17, 2010
    This game is the ultimate MMOPG (Massively Multiplayer Online PUZZLE game) even though it did take some bits and pieces from other games. At least the grind is minimal.
  2. Sep 3, 2011
    I realized when I d/l'd from Steam that this was not an MMO, or action game. That was the reason for adding to my library. However, I did expect a user interface that was understandable, easy to navigate, and that wouldn't simply shut down when it felt like it. Apparently this was asking too much.
  3. Sep 4, 2011
    This suffers a major problem that many strategy and puzzle games suffer...
    Similar to Starcraft and other RTS' many of the puzzles are dominated by the 'best' players, it only makes sense doesn't it? Well that's the problem, many of these elite players are merely the people who revise strategies.

For example, the person who clears the water fastest in bilging is the man who gets the
    over-the-top Donkey combo and learns how to pull atleast one each time, whereas the man who get's countless 5X5 combos and better will generally end up in good, at best.

PVP is similar as well in this aspect, sword fighting is not fluid, instead it is dominated by a series of strategies that will quickly put down those who don't memorise them.
  4. Aug 6, 2013
    Puzzle Pirates is not a bad game but man is it not good. The whole point of this game is to be the best pirate you can be. You have to join random pirate crew and do a puzzle that will help the ship move and eventually you will get paid for the job. That's all well or good but almost all the pirates puzzles are boring and not very fun. The whole idea is to be the best and trust me I am not going to play this game for more than over a hundred hours just to be really good a filling buckets of water and throwing them out of the ship. The only thing that I was really hoping to do was buy a ship, but there was no chance for me to because I will have to play more than three hundred hours just to afford a basic ship. For people like me however, they will go and play poker and just bet all there money away and will have to go do jobs because there broke. This is not a bad game its just ok, the graphics and music in the game are fine and the people on most of the servers are ok for people that just start playing the game. In the end its just me and my problems if you want to play this just ok game by all means go play it for me i'm going to go play Pokemon instead. Expand
  5. Sep 7, 2013
    Worst MMO I've ever played. Gave it 2 months and $40, and it just wants more. The game seems to be programmed to deliberately take your PoE so you need to keep swiping in that credit card. Typical Ubisoft garbage.
  6. Jul 26, 2014
    It is FUN, and there is a real community feel about it :)
    Do NOT SPEND MONEY - in less than a year it has been out of action for a LOOOOONNNNG period of time,twice! Last time it was out of action for about 5 days...it is now out of action 5 days and still counting!
    (I have not counted minor times it has been down)
    Its a shame really, because it is a fun game...but its reaction to
    technical glitches has a real cantbeassed hippy feel. Hippy was good in 1967....but this is the 21st century! Expand
  7. May 21, 2014
    This is an MMO puzzle game. It has very nice cartoony graphics and fun gameplay. Since it is a "kid" game, it also lacks the annoying trolls of most "free" games. I can't think of anything to complain about in this game. I love it!

1. The atmosphere more than makes up for any shortcomings in the visual department. Communication with other players is easy and the sense of community is quite refreshing.
    The puzzles are very interesting and there is a form of leveling, albeit abstract. A pretty deep player economy is built in as well. The entire game is well put together, even if the graphics and sounds aren't of Galaxies caliber.
    The graphics were an absolute delight, blatantly cartoon-y and so bright and colorful that my first sight of the game always made me smile.