7.3

1. Jun 28, 2012
    I was excited to play this after I saw the different dimensions in trailer and started to imagine what amazing puzzles could be made with them. Unfortunately, every puzzle is way too easy, I bet even 10 year olds could figure them out quickly. I was in and out each room with ease. The only times I got stuck was when the execution of the puzzles was too clunky and needed multiple tries. Unlike Portal, you never have to think outside the box. Top that off with a lackluster story, a GLADOS rip-off commentary which makes no sense and is supposed to be funny but ends up annoying, and an obsolutely anticlimatic ending, there is no way I could have given it more than a 6.

P.S. Metacritic is not allowing me to give it a proper rating, so I guess it will have to be a 0.
  2. Nov 12, 2012
    This game is like portal 2, only boring and repetitive. I was more excited with watching in-game paintings changing art styles in a different game modes then actually playing game itself. I'm fine with a game being arcade itself, although there are much better arcades with puzzle elements. And I hate laser levels with constant trial-and-error parts the most.
  3. Jun 25, 2012
    This game is nothing compared to portal. Its biggest failing are badly designed puzzles. After figuring out what to do, I spent way too long trying to throw a box or something else just in the right spot. Very frustrating. Also if you fail, you usually have to start again, resetting almost all items.

Writing is also average at best. Paintings and other assets are mostly recycled from
    previous levels. There is nothing that makes the player keep playing. Bottom line, don't waste your money. Expand
  4. Jun 25, 2012
    the puzzles are way to easy, if you can call them puzzles, this game is a parkour game not a puzzle game. Not to mention there is no graphics options, and there is tons of bloom rape to make up for the bad graphics.
  5. Jul 16, 2012
    You're going to hear people say "if you like Portal you'll like Quantum Conundrum". This isn't the case. While Portal focuses on the PUZZLE solving aspect, Quantum Conundrum focuses on the TIMING aspect. I do not enjoy being unable to solve a puzzle because I can't time making a safe fly in the air correctly. I did like the humor of this game (and in that way it was very similar to Portal). Sadly the story simply wasn't enough to make me want to finish this game. Maybe someday I'll go back and finish it, but for now it just keeps pissing me off. Collapse
  6. Aug 17, 2012
    What a grand disappointment this game was. This is definitely no Portal... the puzzles mostly consisted of a lot of trial and error, despite already knowing how to solve it, you constantly just have to fight with controls and the game itself to get the solution exactly right, which is annoying. Then there is not enough variety while playing and some parts are just very boring. The writing of the story is surprisingly bad and John de Lancie's performance does not really fit, as if he was just reading some lines. The game also features certain jokes and not one of them is really funny, which is the worst that can happen to a game that always tries to be comedic. Worst of all is the anticlimactic ending, what an awful waste of time and money.

After all, since Kim Swift made that game without Valve this result seems logical, the principal game idea is good, but the execution of it into a game is - without Valves team - just underwhelming. Sound was mediocre, a bit too childish for my taste and graphically the game also looks as if it was designed for children, but I don't care about the visuals too much.
  7. Jul 16, 2012

1. Jan 29, 2013
    Quantum Conundrum lacks many things that made Portal so entertaining. It never shocks you with amazing possibilities. It doesn't make you head spin with ingenious ways to solve a trite problem. It doesn't force you to look at the problem at a completely different angle. This is just a puzzle about moving boxes from one place to another.
  2. Oct 14, 2012
    Interesting puzzles, marred by dull environments and stupid requirement for jumping, seemingly with roller skates. [Sept 2012]
  3. Aug 31, 2012
    If you enjoyed Portal, puzzle games in general, or… Mirror's Edge (due to the first-person platforming), buy Quandum Conundrum with no second thoughts. It's not a perfect game, technically it's somewhat mediocre and the humorous personality of Portal is absent, but the gameplay is fun and- like always- that's what it's all about. [August 2012]