007: Quantum of Solace PC

6.3

1. Jul 9, 2016
    Its mostly Casino Royale the game. Thats not necessarily a bad thing, since Casino Royale was a better film that QOS. However, the game doesn't do a very good job in telling the story. If you haven't seen the films, you will be lost. Its pretty much Call of Duty with James Bond thrown in there. The single player campaign way too short.
  2. Aug 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best game of the James Bond! Course monotonous gameplay, graphics, bad, and the control is not perfect! But it's impossible not to endure it all, and not to admire a good story?! Once again a song from the screensaver can be easily entered into the player! Fans rejoice and exult, and all the others watching the last two films, and also sit down to play, this is an adventure not to be missed Expand
  3. Jun 9, 2012
    Quantum of Solace is a good game. The IW engine looks good. The only porblem is that the game too short, only 3 hours long. Sometimes i heard a voice of the enemies from Call of Duty 2/Call of Duty: World at War.
  4. Jul 21, 2011
    I didn't pay full price for this game or play it when it was first released, but if I had I think I would've been OK with that. Straightforward FPS gameplay mechanic, but with a with a few twists thrown in the mix like the excellent cover system that's necessary to the game and doesn't feel like a tack-on, the timing challenges for takedowns and mini games for hacking locks. A few years onI didn't pay full price for this game or play it when it was first released, but if I had I think I would've been OK with that. Straightforward FPS gameplay mechanic, but with a with a few twists thrown in the mix like the excellent cover system that's necessary to the game and doesn't feel like a tack-on, the timing challenges for takedowns and mini games for hacking locks. A few years on it looks a little dated, but the upside is now it's in the bargain bin. Expand
  5. Jun 24, 2011
    I just bought this game from the recent sale on Steam, and I have to say that I feel like I got a fair deal for the money. If you see it on sale for under $10 pick it up.
  6. Jun 22, 2011
    No subtitles = crap game. I need subtitles because I'm born hearing impaired.
    Not to worry. I've seen the movie version anyway.
  7. ChadK
    Feb 18, 2009
    Fun Story mode, Addictive multi-player.
  8. SimonF
    Jan 2, 2009
    "Nobody does it better" to coin an age old Bond line. Thankfully for us gamers, lot's of developers do it better...much better in fact! Haven't seen the film, and don't think I will bother, if it's as mediocre as this game! I awarded 1 for trying....if this was school, i would have to say "Must try Harder!"
  9. johans
    Dec 24, 2008
    This game is pretty sweet. The problem for me is that i beat it in 4 hours. Otherwise, good game.
  10. paulioetc
    Nov 18, 2008
    This is why some companies needs to get it shape up because they still could not bring themselves of handling games more responsible. The Graphics are horrible and has a short single gameplay.
  11. DusoruthS
    Nov 16, 2008
    I very much appreciated this game as its pace and plot kept me playing it again and again. Its not a perfect game far from that its has certain bug issues and some ennemies are just plain fools to come directly at you to get shot but what makes it up for all is that its fast, easy to play and if you have already played COD than this is for you to enjoy.
  12. RayF.
    Nov 2, 2008
    Generic FPS in Bond clothing. Kind of fun, but really not triple A, and not worth $50. PC port is a little shoddy, does not run as well as COD:WAW due to capped framerate, but not that bad. Wait until the price drops, there is at least 15 games I would buy before I thought about paying for this one.
  13. Jun 22, 2011
    No subtitles = crap game. I need subtitles because I'm born hearing impaired.
    Not to worry. I've seen the movie version anyway.

1. With Quantum of Solace, Treyarch absolutely nailed the James Bond experience.
    It’s not bad by any means, but what brings it out of the pits of despair is the foundation of a much better game that we all know and love. The action is less compelling and the world that’s built around Bond doesn’t do much to enhance the fun factor.
  3. Graphics and sound are good and the weapons are convincing, even KI and controls are good. If the game was longer and would have a convincing story, it could be a well done shooter. But the developers apparently forgot that second part of the recipe for good games and so the game is too short, without soul and too expensive.