7.7

1. Aug 24, 2013
    i feel like bein in Star Wars PODRACER racing around tattooine. The feel of speed gets thru and delivers. and after addictive game session i feel like travelled a long distance. the feel of control is good and umm. Use your senses!
  2. Dec 13, 2013
    A beautiful and compelling paean to the thrill of speed and the joy of simplicity. Load up your favorite trance playlist and revel in the experience. Relaxing and challenging at the same time just a fantastic experience, honestly. Highly recommend a controller so you can just lean back and enjoy.
  3. Dec 10, 2013
    This game is really a special gem, I don't quite remember how I came across it before it came out on Steam, but I don't regret getting it at all.

The game (imo) is a great and sweet spot perfect balance between epicly fast action racing survival and zen like relaxing visuals sound design etc. It's a little unclear to me even today how exactly level progression works or if it's just

It's a little unclear to me even today how exactly level progression works or if it's just an "endless" kind of deal, but regardless it's really really great, and even though it would be good enough on it's own you can even unlock customization options and try custom courses made by other players or make your own!

Anyway, really great little game.
  4. Jan 21, 2014
    Okay before I get started writing a positive review, I doubt the person who wrote the description of this game know the title well. This bares little to no relation to Starfox. This is a "reflex puzzle" type obstacle-dodging game with the endless run kind of model. This may sound crude and simple, but Race the Sun totally comes out victorious in two respects:

First I've only played a

First I've only played a few fully enjoyable titles like this - most of the time you risk stumbling upon shovelware with this kind of game - and Race the Sun is an impeccable implementation of the genre on each and every aspect of its gameplay! It'll get your full undivided attention and give you many, many "whew" moments right off the bat.

Secondly this game could've gone bad with its design style. You'll often see artists try the simplistic approach only get bland results instead of just simplicity. Race the Sun nailed their simplistic design, using modern graphics capabilities like post processing effects and lighting to clearly show a simplistic design really does not have to be bland for one bit!

At the price they sell it it's a no brainer. It's a casual play so you can add it to your library even if you're currently going through other bigger titles. This is a nice side-game to have to fill in those voids where you need a break from the massive large-story type gaming.
  5. May 25, 2014
    Race the Sun is one of those games that come along and hold your attention for hours upon hours, and you have no regrets. The game is beautifully made, with simple yet effective gameplay and graphics. It is a basic game, but it id pulled off well and almost hypnotises you. Such a simple idea was made the greatest it could be. It is fun and challenging without being a rage-quit game. SetRace the Sun is one of those games that come along and hold your attention for hours upon hours, and you have no regrets. The game is beautifully made, with simple yet effective gameplay and graphics. It is a basic game, but it id pulled off well and almost hypnotises you. Such a simple idea was made the greatest it could be. It is fun and challenging without being a rage-quit game. Set out what it meant to do perfectly. I can't flaw this game. Expand
  6. May 28, 2014
    This game is a gem, simple and fun. Reminds me of the days of nintendo when a games only concern was about being fun. Also it has a fantastic feeling of making you feel like your really good after a couple of playthroughs.

This games is focused on what it wants to achieve and boy, does it ever. And as it changes over time, it’ll keep you coming back for days and days. [Issue#238]
  2. Jan 15, 2014
    The game’s illusion of freedom is a bit disappointing. There are no paths surrounded by invisible walls as we have come to expect from other ‘endless runners’, and the first thing you do is try to take a peek at the edge of this world. But, in reality, there are only three ways: forward, just to the left, and just to the right.
  3. Jan 3, 2014
    When you fly 350 kph, and gigantic block falls in front of your nose, don't say you weren't expecting it. Race the Sun is simply a wonderful reaction trainer. However, it could deliver a bit more than that.