7.5

1. Oct 22, 2010
    I've bought it second hand used. Steam software/platform update online is very slow, and it seem to reset the download at any time. I've a 256K broadband connection & the update downloading only adavanced 10% for about an hour! Worst of all it won't let you know how big the download size is going to be, it's like broadband internet is all free of charge. Should have just let people create a Steam user account & check for validity of the CD-keys first before asking people to update the Steam program. Total waste of people's time, how could a copy-protection software goes over 150 MB in size?! Maybe behind it all there are advertisements to other games for sale in the market! It's no longer about copy-protections, it's about driving people up the wall! Go to hell with Steam! Expand
  2. Nov 13, 2011
    It's a great game but was released a bit early. Better get RACE07 that has it all (caterham expansions, and also more as they have WTCC07) and better done in terms of sensations. To be played with a wheel.
  3. AWG
    Jul 23, 2013
    I allow myself to paste and copy my review for Race 07: "What the heck is this? RACE is barely playable. Tracks are terrible and car handling is just... just... I don't have a word that's not a swear to describe it. This game could be good back in 2006 but now it's just rubbish."

1. While there's still a decent driving model underneath, it's hard to see RACE appealing to fans who've driven Simbin's other titles, and so, this time at least, the hare comes out on top. [Jan 2007, p.87]
  2. There are times when - beaten by twitchy analogue controls, insufficient feedback and maybe just a sheer lack of hardcore skills - it can feel like a dispassionate sim rather than an affecting, involving game. [Jan 2007, p.90]
  3. While it's nowhere near as theatrical as "GTR2," there's a solid core of tight, exciting racing and impressive physics here. [Jan 2007, p.56]