4.9

1. Rygir
    Dec 30, 2006
    Impossible to compare to any other game, and a great game for parties. This is one special piece of creative work and only for open minded gamers. It might be short, but it's unique gameplay style that can't be gotten anywhere else will have you come back for more. The "cutout" graphics style will keep it looking fresh and original for a long time while the sound effects are Impossible to compare to any other game, and a great game for parties. This is one special piece of creative work and only for open minded gamers. It might be short, but it's unique gameplay style that can't be gotten anywhere else will have you come back for more. The "cutout" graphics style will keep it looking fresh and original for a long time while the sound effects are varied, of good quality and strengthen the wacky atmosphere. It's a pity many people don't seem to get what it's about, it's a beat em up, but without the competitiveness and with plenty of quirks and surprises! Expand
  2. DavidK.
    Mar 30, 2006
    For a small game costing $15, it's pretty cool. It's a neat idea, that admittedly takes a lot of getting used to. The fighting unfortunately gets repetitive at times, but has a very original style. Multiplater, I'm not going to hold back any words here, sucks. There is no dedicated server app that I know of, so there are either no servers up, or the ones that are there are For a small game costing $15, it's pretty cool. It's a neat idea, that admittedly takes a lot of getting used to. The fighting unfortunately gets repetitive at times, but has a very original style. Multiplater, I'm not going to hold back any words here, sucks. There is no dedicated server app that I know of, so there are either no servers up, or the ones that are there are awfully laggy, especially working with the mouse. Graphics are very surprising, and a very nice use of a 2D playing field. Since it's on Steam, it's worth it to anyone with their own credit card. Expand
  3. MattC.
    Jul 8, 2006
    Very original and fairly entertaining - however, the quirkiness of the UI and rag-tag approach to story have lead to poor lasting appeal for me. Nonetheless - well worth the price-tag!
  4. ItamarB.
    Sep 10, 2007
    Awesomely cool! Passes the feeling of the old martial-arts movies, either by the great, simple, fnu & funny gameplay, and by the additional features, like the grain filter, the music, and the backgrounds.
  5. KevinG.
    Jan 23, 2008
    Unparalleled style, fantastic artwork, and a blast to play at LANs. I was excited about RDKF since the first trailer came out and have not been disappointed!
  6. LukasM.
    Mar 25, 2006
    Unique gameplay, funny combos and controlls that need to be mastered. Most people o know found this too tricky, so i didn't experience challenging MP-matches 'till now.
  7. AndrewS.
    May 28, 2006
    the game waws over all great, but the selection of chars and gameplay was dificult throughout the game.
  8. LeventN.
    Jun 4, 2006
    Not fun at all. not worth the money i think. it becomes boring very quick.
  9. EliseS.
    Jul 11, 2006
    Very hard to control and figure out what the heck is going on. Gets a 4 instead of a 0 because it is hilarious to play with the rag dolls for about 5 minutes. Not really practical for playing the actual game. Cute characters, look exactly like our kung fu trainers at the local kung fu school.
  10. AdamM.
    Jul 8, 2006
    Not a game for everyone, but if your in the mood for something different this is the way to go. Multiplayer has pretty much died (aside from 2 or 3 servers) for the moment unfortunatly. Multiplay was where the game really shined. But with a retail release coming sometime in the near future there should be resurgance of players
  11. AlekseiG.
    Aug 8, 2006
    Interesting technology, but ragdoll effects are in most games now, and the controls for this one are awkward.
  12. BodenD.
    Mar 3, 2007
    A thousand thanks for game-induced bliss We should all be proud of this independent effort by game developers Mark Healey. On a personal level, I would like to give my praise to Mark for creating a refreshing interlude in today
    Jun 19, 2007
    Quirky and fun for a few minutes but sadly it's not the game play revolution that the hype makes it out to be.
  14. SiffuS.
    Mar 25, 2006
    I play since release intenively, and got a good amount of good fights. I like the simmple but challenging gameplay where you can have much fun online.
  15. WillieC.
    Mar 26, 2006
    Great game, very addictive, great out taes and a lot of skill involved in becoming a true master (Even though you can just start playing straight away)
  16. AndrasZ.
    May 10, 2006
    If you rate this game as if it were one of the big blockbuster games from which we expect the Earth, then a score of 7.0 can be expected. In the UK two of the leading magazine titles both rated it between 70-80%, for example, and on that battleground it's definitely a fair score. But if you credit it's origins, a lowly indie developer (albeit working for one of the finest If you rate this game as if it were one of the big blockbuster games from which we expect the Earth, then a score of 7.0 can be expected. In the UK two of the leading magazine titles both rated it between 70-80%, for example, and on that battleground it's definitely a fair score. But if you credit it's origins, a lowly indie developer (albeit working for one of the finest software houses of our time) and his mates following a 'cool idea for a game'; and think of it as a set of awesomely addictive, infinitely playable mini-games with a common theme (like an arcade game, basically, where 10-20 minutes gratification is more than enough for your £1 or $1) then this game can only be rated as pure genius. If you, like me, played Mario 64 sometimes just so you could spend ages flying mario around one of the levels, or delighted in being able to do that ice-slide mini-game where if you went a bit faster than the other guy you got a star, but if you absolutely creamed him you got another one, then this is a game you must play. The mouse interface does take a while to get used to, but every new control system has its learning curve and this is no exception. But you soon find, through practise, that it's an incredibly natural interface, and because the ragdoll modelling is so responsive (and intelligent - they have to figure out how to stay on their feet all the time!), after a few hours you'll be throwing kicks, punches and performing the most obsene combos (both on the ground and in the air in super slow mo mushroom-o-vision) you've ever imagined. It's one of those games where the only limit is in your imagination. If you imagine your guy jumping up in the air, and then flying through the air with his foot outstretched in order to connect with the other guy's chin - then you can do it. It just then comes down to a matter of timing, which comes with practise. To help you practise, you can even slow the game down by quite some margin, at any time, with a simple slider on the options menu. For complete-a-holics, there's a good-old-fashioned score board, and there's plenty of scope for some stupidly high scores if you're good enough. Then there's the olympics mini-mini-games - that involve learning techniques such as how to multi-jump so you can travel vast distances without having to land; or the long throw where you quite literally pick up the stone in the guy's hand, charge up his Chi, and wazz the stone as far as you can by moving your mouse to mouse his hand and releasing the stone at the right time and the right angle. No clumsy angle-selection button-presses here, it's only your dexterity with the mouse and your skill with the control system that determine your results. Play it in bursts - although I played it for 4 hours when it first delivered to my Steam games list and loved every minute - but you will not be disappointed. And don't get me started on the cuscenes. If you've had any contact with proper KungFu movies from China and have any shred of a sense of humour, then the first watch of the movies really is a treat. You will be eager to finish the next level not only to progress, but also to see the next barmy cutscene. Expand
  17. MetalT.
    May 13, 2006
    Takes a while to get use to, but a very cool game.
  18. KrisC.
    May 21, 2006
    fantastic game from a simple idea translates into a great bit of fun to be had. download steam and try them demo for yourself if u dont belive me and all the people above me.
  19. M.Peters
    May 31, 2006
    The game's most basic control hides a deceptively steep learning curve, but once the basic skills are mastered, this game is a fun and sometimes hillarious romp into the kung-fu fighting game genre.
  20. JoeK.
    May 31, 2006
    GREAT GAME!
  21. RobAshton
    Jun 26, 2006
    Totally awesome and original. I feel a lot of magazines didn't give it the rating it deserves through lack of playing.
    "The camera pans and zooms as it pleases, so keeping tabs on yourself is tough enough" <-- There was an option in even the review copies to turn off auto zoom etc, so this is an example of what I mean :(
  22. ShawnC.
    Jun 7, 2006
    Original and...it works! Very rare for original and awesome game to fall into the same catagory. I would have given it a 9 for a normal game price, but add in the low price and this deserves a top vote from me! For people who like new games, fighting games, and have a sense of humor.
  23. GaY.
    Jul 15, 2006
    Lasting appeal is close to a few minutes harldy worth buying at all.
  24. RoyW.
    Jul 27, 2006
    Really boring game.. not funny.
  25. ChristophN.
    Aug 26, 2006
    The Gameplay is much too complicated, but it's a funny Idea of fighting against your friends.
  26. ChristianD.
    Sep 25, 2006
    It's fun and a real new experience. Lack of updates and laggy online-play pushes my vote.
  27. tttt
    Jan 17, 2007
    It's very deep gameplay! You can make your fight style! good!
  28. BMaker
    Jan 18, 2007
    Kinda fun, but largely unplayable.
  29. DominicP.
    Dec 4, 2007
    Reasons why this game gets a 9 in my book ; Clean, unique styled GFX. Great value for money. Great party game Funny and cheesy storyline, good for a few runs through on time attack. Online function. Custom Skin creation.
  30. TaylorM.
    Jan 27, 2007
    The game was terrible and I don't recommended anyone to get game but its a good idea.
  31. PhilV.
    Sep 4, 2007
    A very good and original game, inovative and fun! but the lack of patches,support and the long w8 no see world editor droped the rating and the intrest of the gamers.
  32. KMDR.B.
    Jan 21, 2008
    Buen juego que hace recordar a viejos videojuegos como el artes marciales. Las escenas cinemáticas y la tremenda movilidad de cada personaje durante el juego aumentan tanto la calidad como la adicción.
    Sin embargo, su resolución de vídeo deja mucho que desear reduciendóse solo a 24 bits. El diseño del juego utilizando los gráficos en 2D puede llegar a cansar con el paso del tiempo.
    De cualquier forma, a este videojuego de lucha marcial está sobremanera caracterizado por el gran sentido del humor que tiene y por la diversidad de su forma. Aunque nos haga recordar a juegos como el Worms.
  33. TZer0
    Dec 18, 2006
    I regret that I ever bought this game... no great features.. just boring hit-em-up.
  34. CharlieW.
    Feb 12, 2006
    Not amazing or great or even good; it is simply ok. TOO SHORT!!! (funny though)
  35. ChristopherDeL.
    Mar 24, 2006
    Awesome, addicting gameplay but, I wish their were more players online and the addition for deciated servers.
  36. JonH.
    Mar 24, 2006
    It gets old real fast.
  37. BradW.
    Mar 27, 2006
    Easy to learn but hard to master, the control system is one of a kind. Whether munching on mushrooms to slow down time, using said mushroon power to bash each others' skulls in, catching butterflies to harness elemental attacks, or simply fooling around in the beautifully artistic world, RDKF is a real gem. It is a "labour of love" and every moment of play oozes with that love. While Easy to learn but hard to master, the control system is one of a kind. Whether munching on mushrooms to slow down time, using said mushroon power to bash each others' skulls in, catching butterflies to harness elemental attacks, or simply fooling around in the beautifully artistic world, RDKF is a real gem. It is a "labour of love" and every moment of play oozes with that love. While short, the single player serves as an excellent stepping stone to multiplayer. It may not be a game for everyone, but with a free demo available one can take it for a test drive before making a commitment. Expand
  38. HarryP.
    May 15, 2006
    Great idea, great gameplay, great graphics and sounds and music, possibility to customise or make your own characters, and few different gamemodes. It isn't far from 10 in my opinion.
  39. CamperC.
    May 26, 2006
    Funny idea, but not worth the money if you ask me. Gets borring very quick.
  40. ThomasW.
    Jun 13, 2006
    Definitely worth the cash, but gets old fairly quick.
  41. AdrianI.
    Aug 12, 2006
    This is a boring Game. Not funny. Not for everyone.
  42. V.Davoe
    Aug 21, 2006
    Horrible gameplay. Good idea though.
  43. JeffH.
    Jan 31, 2007
    It's fun, and right now it's even cheaper (only 5 bucks until Feb. 8th). I definitely know that I'll get more than 5 bucks worth of enjoyment out of it - even out of just the video sequences!
  44. Sr.Dela
    Nov 11, 2006
    HILARIOUS fun and the mini games keep you playing for time to come. Personally I love this game. The completely unique gameplay and visual styles are truly stunning, of course at first it's not a game you can just pick up and go, once you get better and more comfortable with how the controls work you can have hours of fun, and once you're good it's even good for just HILARIOUS fun and the mini games keep you playing for time to come. Personally I love this game. The completely unique gameplay and visual styles are truly stunning, of course at first it's not a game you can just pick up and go, once you get better and more comfortable with how the controls work you can have hours of fun, and once you're good it's even good for just picking up as a quick thrill before heading to work. And the fact that you can upload your own skins of you and your friends is amazing. Nothing better than watching myself kick a friend in the face and watch the hilarious expression of pain on his face :D. Of course this isn't some epic game that requires 70+ hours of gameplay but if you like fast, good fun I highly recommend this game. Expand
  45. FiZ
    Mar 11, 2011
    It's a novel idea, but that doesn't make it a good game. First, the controls are interesting in theory, but frustrating to actually work. And then there's the rest of the game...that's it. This isn't a full game, it's an experiment. An expensive one at that, for what I paid.
  46. Jan 1, 2012
    This game has good physics but it impossible to move around or do what you want. The limbs are soo small that every time I tried punching or stepping I would just be flung around the screen. The special items that drop are usually just food and there aren't many cool items. Nobody is online to play with and you have to play the campaign to unlock anything but deathmatch but because theThis game has good physics but it impossible to move around or do what you want. The limbs are soo small that every time I tried punching or stepping I would just be flung around the screen. The special items that drop are usually just food and there aren't many cool items. Nobody is online to play with and you have to play the campaign to unlock anything but deathmatch but because the controls suck most of the quest objectives are impossible and I just gave up after 10 min. Don't but this game, nothing like SSB. Expand
  47. Jul 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game idea was very good, but when i played the game it wasnt that good like the back of the game box said. The game was really bad and the worst thing was the story , i will tell you what i remember when i was young : (SPOILER ALERT)
    You're training wis your sensei and the ather guy, then Ming Mong, the seneis sister or daughter went to get some moshrooms, then there was a scene when 2 weid looking ninjas talking like monkeys where serving his master, a guy in a sunglasses. After giving him beer and cigarette he wanted Ming Mong, so the ninjas kidnapped her. then you, sensei, and the fat learner that i dont remember his name go to rescue her. On our way we find A **** TROLL, and what do we do?
    THROW ROCKS AT HIM TILL HE GET ANGRY.
    (Now i ask myself : Why? He didnt do nothing to the girl so why do we bully him?)
    Then the "troll" gets the fat learners nunchako or whatever you call it, kills him and then he waves the nunchako and flys away. (this idea probalby was made by a guy that was smoking drugs)
    So after that we come to the a woman that smokes cigarettes and then we realize that this was an ambush.
    Sensei dies but we survive after the fight, we regenerate our health and we go to kill the guy with sunglasses and rescue Ming Mong.
    Then i dont remember what happened because i didnt complete the game. Why do i dont want to go back?
    Because the voice acting was just endless mumbling that isnt chinese or japanese.
    The mumbling voice is also plaing when the character moves.

My personal rating:
    Graphics : 6/10
    Sound : 3/10
    Gameplay : 2/10

General Rate : 0.5/10

1. The camera pans and zooms as it pleases, so keeping tabs on yourself is tough enough, let alone pretzel-bending into a stamina-boosting lotus stance while ducking baddies. [Jan 2006, p.103]
  2. Pretty funky and fun - but only for a short while. [Christmas 2005, p.96]
  3. Even though this game is an indie effort, the art and sound production are professional-quality. [Jan 2006, p.57]