5.1

1. Dec 25, 2011
    Old classic shooter!!! I donâ
  2. Dec 28, 2011
    I was enraged with this game at the beginning: buggy graphics, linear plot and gameplay, repetitive levels. But more I played, more I enjoyed it. RAGE has an atmosphere that was always an essential part of id software's games: mesmerizing, captivating.
  3. Jan 12, 2012
    RAGE is really awesome!!! That's especially true for old-school shooter fans like Doom and Quake. What RAGE brings is, the best shooting experience ever among all FPS games on the market. Through out the game, you will encounter all type of enemies, each ones have their own unique fighting style. Don't think you can hide around the corner or run along the path to make your enemies chasingRAGE is really awesome!!! That's especially true for old-school shooter fans like Doom and Quake. What RAGE brings is, the best shooting experience ever among all FPS games on the market. Through out the game, you will encounter all type of enemies, each ones have their own unique fighting style. Don't think you can hide around the corner or run along the path to make your enemies chasing you around like other sissy shooting games. The mutants will climb, crawl or jump right at your face; the Authorities with organize a squad and tactically attack you; and there are huge monsters will blast the hell out of whatever you are hiding behind. As a result you will find yourself in a tight situation where your eyes have to concentrate on every bullet, you mind has to think about every solution and your mouth has to cry **** **** **** while running like a little rat.

Graphically, the game looks great. RAGE comes with the newest idTech 5, and surely it doesn't disappoint us. The world looks very detailed and the characters are incredibly life-like. In terms of character animation, no game out there is better than RAGE at the moment. The animations are applied for every joint possible, as you can easily see the movement of the character's tongue when saying certain word, the curve of the finger when he press his hand against the table or the movement of the enemies when they are hit on their legs. All animations are extremely unique, like, when someone says "up town", he actually points his finger to the sky, make me wonder could be a real person is talking with me. Everything makes the world of RAGE beautiful and lively. There are some technical issues with RAGE, though, like texture popping or sometimes the game doesn't run at all. Update the game to the newest version as well as update your VGA driver will certainly help.

On the other hand, RAGE is still a FPS game with RPG elements so it may disappoint those fans of RPG shooters like Borderland and Fallout. The open world of RAGE doesn't really help much for exploring or doing side-quests. The Wasteland is rather like a lite version of Twisted Metal where you can drive from place to place and shoot other vehicles. There isn't an option for you to level up your skill and the story is pretty simple and plain, so if you are looking for a RPG shooter, look elsewhere. In a nutshell, RAGE is a game for true FPS hardcore players who are so bored with all "modern" FPS nowadays.
  4. Feb 3, 2012
    Just amazing. If it´s a copy or not from other games i don´t know, but note, many industries does that, all fps are doom clone =p It´s too hard to find a new game that runs up to 30fps in a intel HD 3000, congratilations id software, you didn´t disapoint me with rage... People talk they pass in one day this game, only if they haventJust amazing. If it´s a copy or not from other games i don´t know, but note, many industries does that, all fps are doom clone =p It´s too hard to find a new game that runs up to 30fps in a intel HD 3000, congratilations id software, you didn´t disapoint me with rage... People talk they pass in one day this game, only if they havent social lifes and spend all the day in the game, i´ve passed more than 3 weeks and didn´t complete tha game xd, and the bad part, i miss many things that i didn´t know =/, i´ll need to re-complete again for the full complete mission.

Again, congratilations id software for again i receive from you the best from you!!!
  5. Nov 22, 2013
    So it's Borderlands with less colors and more horror. I swear each mutant that attacks is an individual mini-jump scare. Really pretty exciting actually. There's also a ton of side-stuff to do if you're bored. There's racing and even a collectible-card metagame. Not to mention side-quests to keep you busy if you're bored. The story isn't anything special but it has a solid premise to keepSo it's Borderlands with less colors and more horror. I swear each mutant that attacks is an individual mini-jump scare. Really pretty exciting actually. There's also a ton of side-stuff to do if you're bored. There's racing and even a collectible-card metagame. Not to mention side-quests to keep you busy if you're bored. The story isn't anything special but it has a solid premise to keep the game rolling. Characters are pretty damn good, well acted, well designed, and well developed. Shooting is solid, looting is satisfying. There are some problems with texture pop-in due to the megatexture thing. Best version is on PC, the console versions are buggy as hell. PC version is still a little buggy but a lot better. Doesn't deserve a 10/10 but I wanted to counter the awful score users are giving it. It's much better than a 4.9/10, you guys are ridiculous. Solid 8/10, if not more. Expand
  6. Jul 22, 2012
    Meh, don't really get all the hate. I had a friggen blast playing this on a rig that's mostly several years old with the one newish piece being more of a sidegrade than an actual upgrade considering I replaced what was a top of the line video card when I bought it with what's currently a middle of the road card at best. Game looks great, actually takes advantage of the PC-centric tons ofMeh, don't really get all the hate. I had a friggen blast playing this on a rig that's mostly several years old with the one newish piece being more of a sidegrade than an actual upgrade considering I replaced what was a top of the line video card when I bought it with what's currently a middle of the road card at best. Game looks great, actually takes advantage of the PC-centric tons of guns load out as opposed to what's become the norm of 3 - 4 weapons just to better suit controllers, the racing is fun, the setting is great, and I've just generally had a good time. User ratings on meta-critic are pretty much useless any way. ME 3 has a **** score based almost entirely on the ending, the games has a **** score based largely on glitches that have been resolved, etc, etc, etc. User ratings essentially break down into fans taking issue with one particular thing as opposed to judging the game in it's entirety. Expand
  7. Feb 5, 2013
    Got this game on sale for $10 and i'm am no way regretting it.. I can see and understand why everyone hates this game so much, cause the engine needs alot of giddy-up, even my PC ain't exactly capable of running the game at 100% fine. I like the weaponry collection it has and the gameplay is cool, being out in the middle of nowhere with just some folks and doing missions along the way asGot this game on sale for $10 and i'm am no way regretting it.. I can see and understand why everyone hates this game so much, cause the engine needs alot of giddy-up, even my PC ain't exactly capable of running the game at 100% fine. I like the weaponry collection it has and the gameplay is cool, being out in the middle of nowhere with just some folks and doing missions along the way as you go, you meet more people and earn more money by bidding or doing a race and finishing as first (for an example) the card game called rage frenzy is ok every now and then but I concentrate on the missions. I see collecting books, cards, and bottles and junk to be more of an optional thing but I have come across 30 cards so far and i am in the 3rd town.. The three missions towards the end of the second town was the best so far IMO, I love killing the convoy more than the raiders sometimes cause I have a feeling some are overpowered but then again KEEP IN MIND it counts where exactly you hit the enemy, not how many times you shoot the enemy. The machine gun on the vehicle is a real huge help (has auto aiming) and when you break down you can call for help or just drive back to nearest town and repair it for a nice cheap price. I like how the GFX look, at first I thought it was kinda dumb but now I think its more of a fun way of driving it towards realistic but sometimes when I walk into new areas the ground, walls, items, aumo, etc. look fuzzy or really super blurry, I walked into this one building and got up to the next floor and everything was blur, it got stuck like this for about a half a minute but i was still able to walk around just fine without any lag, however there are times when I turn my head and my screen just freezes for a quick second or so. When going to the missions, you will sometimes use the same route over and over, this can get kind of boring and killing the same raiders you just killed in a previous mission but its all the fun in the game but could still use a different approach every other time. This game kind of makes me think of Metro 2033, the way the gameplay is, there both a apocalyptic game and both have limits like you can't go through certain holes or jump on top of walls or such, there both small games and both are FPS.. However I'm no way saying the games are the same cause they most certainly are not the same, they differ in so many ways. I'm gonna have to give this game a 10 Expand
  8. Jan 16, 2013
    What a great game. After looking at all of these negative reviews I have to wonder if the game has been massively patched since its release. I decided to purchase game on a steam sale for $5 and am so glad I did. The combat is intense and satisfying. The characters are engaging. The racing combat is fun. The upgrades to all of your weapons and vehicles is sweet. The engineering aspect isWhat a great game. After looking at all of these negative reviews I have to wonder if the game has been massively patched since its release. I decided to purchase game on a steam sale for $5 and am so glad I did. The combat is intense and satisfying. The characters are engaging. The racing combat is fun. The upgrades to all of your weapons and vehicles is sweet. The engineering aspect is super cool. And again the gameplay is FLAWLESS. Either there is some sort of massive conspiracy going on or this game has been heavily patched since its initial release. There is no question that you should buy this game. I really feel that John Carmack and his team got $crewed with all this negative press. This has been one of the most fun games I have played in years. BUY THIS GAME!!!!!!! I am giving this game a 10 (even though no game really is perfect) because of all of the lopsided reviews giving this game a freeking 1! Which is ludicrous. Expand
  9. CJR
    Jan 5, 2013
    Technical issues aside, This game is a very well executed shooter with an artistically designed over world and linear run and gun missions. This game has presented us gamers with a world with great potential, this game will leave you wanting more, and enthusiastic for a sequel.

The action is not highly realistic, some enemies will keep running at you even when you pump a shotgun load into their heads, but that is how the guys at id have done it for years with their shooters, once you get over that little bit of un-realism, you will kinda get what it's about.

There missions are basically go and retrieve something or rescue someone, and you kill lots of bad guys along the way, I find that fund in the environments presented in this title, The weapons and their upgrades are good, no need for any kind of grinding or absurd amounts of effort to achieve them and they are rewarding. Vehicle action in Rage is surprisingly well pulled off for a software house that mostly only ever did shooters, it is fun to race around and blow up bandits and race for upgrades. For the mix of linear run and gun and a vehicular oriented over-world there is a huge scope of achievement in rage technically and for a video game that delivers as much play time as it does is nice these days. It's not a futuristic skyrim, there are RPG elements only, like making items from supplies, upgrading armour and weapons, but it ends there, just some rewards to keep you playing and offer choices on how you slay enemies.

Graphically flawless o the right hardware, No show stopping bugs and a well rounded title with at least 10 hours of play. Replayability is good too.

There are a lot of negative reviews complaining about a lack of graphical options and bugs etc, but alot of that has been solved now through updates and new driver updates on the part of both nvidia and ATI. Everyone had this idea in their head that id software is a huge software company with infinite fund to test their titles on every combination of hardware, but this was primarily a console title, which we as the public were lucky enough to get a pc version. id usually does fix most bugs in their releases and rage should be no different.

A year later, this title is great on decent hardware, if you have a mid range PC and are not comfortable with doing some research on pc game tweaks on the internet I would recommend this title on a console rather than PC. If you invest the time though, this is a very graphically impressive title with some minor config file tweaks.

A great FPS and Vehicle game with RPG elements with plenty of fun and story content.
  10. Apr 8, 2013
    Gunplay is fast and fluid, enemies have good AI and the arsenal is fun to shoot. Just a real joy as a shooter, it feels true to id's legacy. Similar setting as Fallout, but it's more linear, more about the action, with a fresh visual design. Character animations are great. Lite rpg and racing elements work well but are simple so as to emphasize shooting.
    Performance issues killed the
    Performance issues killed the general reception of this game. Make sure you update your graphics drivers and patch the game. There's plenty of advice online on solving these issues.
  11. Jun 11, 2013
    What with the ridiculous number of 0's and 1's here, I'd felt obliged to balance it out with a 10. Rage is initially stunning to look at, but it's easy to get used to the graphical splendor. Whoever claims this game doesn't look great needs to a) upgrade their PC and/or b) have their eyes checked. Gameplay is solid, with good enemy AI, nice guns and handling of them and an overal greatWhat with the ridiculous number of 0's and 1's here, I'd felt obliged to balance it out with a 10. Rage is initially stunning to look at, but it's easy to get used to the graphical splendor. Whoever claims this game doesn't look great needs to a) upgrade their PC and/or b) have their eyes checked. Gameplay is solid, with good enemy AI, nice guns and handling of them and an overal great level of polish. Even the voice acting is pretty solid. It might be that many of the negative reviews are simple due to unrealistic expectations ("it's ID, so it HAS to be some next level and/or the early bugs (I experienced none so far). In 2013, in a sale, Rage is a great shooter with some small but nice RPG overtones. I enjoyed it more than Borderlands 2, so far, if that's any help. On the negative side: it's a bit repetitive (like most if not all shooters), it's more lineair than it likes to pretend. A great buy at a tenner or two Expand
  12. Aug 31, 2012
    Despite technical issues and horrendously ugly textures, Rage is an exceptionally fun game that expertly merges precise combat, wasteland exploration, questing, and mini-games into a compelling package. **** The perfectly paced levels are full of interesting sights and clever enemies. The rock-solid shooting mechanics and diverse weaponry delivers satisfaction kill after kill. The loot,Despite technical issues and horrendously ugly textures, Rage is an exceptionally fun game that expertly merges precise combat, wasteland exploration, questing, and mini-games into a compelling package. **** The perfectly paced levels are full of interesting sights and clever enemies. The rock-solid shooting mechanics and diverse weaponry delivers satisfaction kill after kill. The loot, bartering, and crafting systems are easy to use and greatly reward enterprising players. **** The characters, who are detailed and expertly animated, deliver a sense of believability as they speak their minds and further the story. The wasteland ties everything together, letting you explore and progress at your own tempo. **** To sum it up, Rage offers a purebred FPS experience that maintains the classic id-shooter feel while perfectly mixing in modern conventions. It is an outstanding game and an exemplar of the genre. It gets a 9/10 but since all the fools gave it a 0, I give it a 10/10. Expand
  13. Feb 12, 2012
    Excellent game, I understand there were some problems around launch time with bad drivers (AMD is usually pretty bad when it comes to new games right?) and I believe also a lack of options in the video settings.

With those problems fixed now, along with other fixes and a few good patches the game is really pretty amazing. Has kept me fully enthralled over the last few days playing both single and multiplayer modes.

Really just a very underrated game here, the gunplay is so satisfying, it makes the gunplay in games like bf3 or mw3 feel 'soggy' if that makes sense. Sort of like the difference between typing on a nice high quality mechanical keyboard VS typing on an old beaten up cheapo dell rubber dome keyboard.

The story was a little lacking, and I would have liked to see a few more rpg-ish elements here and there, but overall it is just a blast, from the shooting to the driving to just being really fully sucked in to the world by the astoundingly good graphics (the sky in particular is really just amazing).
  14. Feb 17, 2012
    I really, truly mean a 10. This is not a score to cancel out any other score or some misplaced sense of duty to id. I really had a degree of enjoyment with this game that surprised me, especially seeing most people's reaction. Yes, the textures are blurry up close. This is a game that appeals to an art museum perspective, that is, from a distant viewpoint for the greatest reaction. I findI really, truly mean a 10. This is not a score to cancel out any other score or some misplaced sense of duty to id. I really had a degree of enjoyment with this game that surprised me, especially seeing most people's reaction. Yes, the textures are blurry up close. This is a game that appeals to an art museum perspective, that is, from a distant viewpoint for the greatest reaction. I find so little to actually complain about- you have perfect fps controls, excellent driving, a toolset of different combat options that remind me of half life 2 or crysis or bioshock in terms of open-ended-ness. The enemy animations are so far beyond most games it's not worth comparing. The plot/narrative characterization won't win any awards, but the environmental storytelling will. It is its own character and it succeeds on many levels. That aesthetic direction appeals to my personal sensibilities more than others, clearly. And that's fine. I played this on the hardest difficulty right off the bat, and i think it's the right decision for an advanced pc fps gamer. (i am by no means a CS fiend or any kind of savant, btw)...............Just enjoy it for what it is/was....we probably won't see a return to the universe of rage's wasteland. Expand
  15. Aug 17, 2012
    A very nice and fun shooter that is so much in one game. The game is open world but also has designed levels, it's an RPG, and even a racing game.
    I'm not a fan of racing games but the car controls in this game are excellent and just perfect for me, you also use your car to fight enemies in the open road , you grab a mission from someone and use your car to go the destination you needed. The game has a bit of a retro feel to it, there is no limit to the guns you carry or hell! there is no limit to the ammo either and there are plenty of enemies to kill in this game. Also there are Iron Sights which I hate in FPS but you don't have to use it, the crosshair works just fine with all weapons besides the Sniper of course. The game has towns with NPCs that give you quests and sell you stuff like ammunition and ingredients for crafting, and also there are very fun minigames throughout the game. The levels are well designed and the overall the storyline is nice, although the ending didn't feel like I finished the game, it just felt like it ended in the middle...
  16. Dec 31, 2012
    Well what a great game, Good graphics fun car battles and slick and interesting weaponry. What really makes this game stand out is the plot and some mission have you jumping out your seat in surprise or fearing moving around the next corner for fear of what might be there. For £7 buy it now!
  17. Dec 8, 2013
    Don't listen to all the nay-sayers. Rage is a blast, and deserves at least a play through! Game honestly deserves an 8, but someone has to offset all the people griping about the ATI issue. The combat in Rage is top notch. Interactive enemies, grenades that function correctly, and an overall impressive atmosphere. For me, the only point where the game looses out is on a weak story line. OhDon't listen to all the nay-sayers. Rage is a blast, and deserves at least a play through! Game honestly deserves an 8, but someone has to offset all the people griping about the ATI issue. The combat in Rage is top notch. Interactive enemies, grenades that function correctly, and an overall impressive atmosphere. For me, the only point where the game looses out is on a weak story line. Oh well its a fun shooter with great combat. Expand
  18. Oct 19, 2013
    Heyyo, I'm rating this 10/10 purely becuase people gave it terrible reviews due to release bugs. Now that the game's fixed up? It's plenty fun. Screw them kids who went "RELEASE GAEMS MEOW!" and then went "WAHH GAEM'S BUGGY 1/10" :P
  19. Oct 28, 2012
    id software is back on top form with this knock-out shooter. Rage is set in a post apocalyptic future after an asteroid hits the Earth, only a small handful of humanity survived and you attempt to rebuild humanity through help of the Resistance. Whilst the game comes on 3 discs it only lasts you around 12 hours for a straight run, 18 hours roughly to do all the side missions and extras.id software is back on top form with this knock-out shooter. Rage is set in a post apocalyptic future after an asteroid hits the Earth, only a small handful of humanity survived and you attempt to rebuild humanity through help of the Resistance. Whilst the game comes on 3 discs it only lasts you around 12 hours for a straight run, 18 hours roughly to do all the side missions and extras. Rage is not a long game and its story is fairly weak with a cop-out ending but the shooting is masterful and the graphics are gob smacking. Usually I wouldn't rate a game this high without a impressive story to back it up but Rage has that old timely feel to it that has managed to blend into modern shooter mechanics making it a near perfect shooter. The PC version is slightly better than the console versions due to its higher graphical standard and it being made for PC to begin with. Expand
  20. Aug 7, 2012
    Bored of all my present games, I keep getting new ones hoping something will keep me entertained, this one did it. Yeah it's a bit linear, not a sandbox for the most part, but it's actually been really fun! Kind of reminds me of borderlands, but I always hated the sketched cartoon look of borderlands. I also wasnt that crazy about the leveling system. This game does away with all the stuffBored of all my present games, I keep getting new ones hoping something will keep me entertained, this one did it. Yeah it's a bit linear, not a sandbox for the most part, but it's actually been really fun! Kind of reminds me of borderlands, but I always hated the sketched cartoon look of borderlands. I also wasnt that crazy about the leveling system. This game does away with all the stuff I did not like about borderlands, in fact, prior to playing borderlands this game is what I thought borderlands would be.

The graphics (artwork) are top notch, and honestly they put alot of work in on artwork, and acting is good. Every new area I go to I find myself looking around and taking it in. Get this on a steam sale and you can't go wrong IMO.

I read alot about bugs and bad filters on this game but I experienced none of that on my system. i7 proc with 8ghz ram and 560 Ti Nvidia graphix card. All settings maxed out, 60 frames with a few drops in towns, but only like five frames here and there.

Hope this helped some bored dude like me.

PS
    I gave it 9 out of 10 because I am a big fan of sandbox games, and the co-op is a bit weak. You should be able to do the entire game in co-op, not just a few missions. Nice bonus they had that at least because that is what made me buy it to try it.
  21. Oct 7, 2012
    Muy Buen Shooter, buenos gráficos, variedad de armas y municiones, armamentos de ingenieria, buenos escenarios. Lo malo, no epic final.

Aún así muy recomendable
  22. Nov 25, 2013
    I tried this game in the recent Free Weekend on Steam. Other than some other posters who slate the game for it being free to try out, I think it's a great idea. You can test if it's what you expect and like, if it runs well on your rig, and then take it or leave it what the heck would be wrong with that??

I figure the game must have had some problems at launch, and it really looks like some people are still in RAGE cuz they once paid €50 for this, it didn't work for them and thus they keep downvoting it forever. I guess they're hung up about their own issues you can safely ignore them. Saying it's mediocre and then giving it a score of 0 is just not honest and forthright. (If you don't know what that means, look it up, ragers!)

So, I checked it out for about 2 hours on my ageing PC (Radeon 4870, Phenom CPU, Win Vista). It ran really well, looked gorgeous, was engaging in combat and in dialogue. It entertained me plenty, I had lots of fun, no issues with graphics, controls, all worked perfectly. Worth the €5 on special offer? Not just worth it, it's a STEAL.

Yes the gameplay is linear (bit like Borderlands), yes there are invisible walls, yes the weapon options are limited, so is the roleplaying element. But by golly, the combat is a freakin fun-filled splatterfest! This game is what it is, don't expect it to be anything else, and you'll have a blast. No you can't mess about with objects or customise your character like in Fallout 3, it doesn't have the Fallout 3 humour, it doesn't do many things, but what it does it does brilliantly.

Don't come to this with false hopes, and you'll love it too. You won't be disappointed.
  23. Aug 5, 2013
    Nearly 2 years after the release most of the problems solved, I still got some funky things going on with the graphics, it's not a big problem but it is annoying when you first start the game and seeing SMALL spider webs in the back ground, I am on an integrated garbage graphics card, a good bit better than recommended but still integrated. Anyways I'd like to say this was veryNearly 2 years after the release most of the problems solved, I still got some funky things going on with the graphics, it's not a big problem but it is annoying when you first start the game and seeing SMALL spider webs in the back ground, I am on an integrated garbage graphics card, a good bit better than recommended but still integrated. Anyways I'd like to say this was very enjoyable,especially early on! Getting new guns, obtaining/buying different ammo types enhances the weapons flavor.

The personalities are a bit more realistic something that you could expect in a wasteland like this, if you like BL2 personalities and expect that, don't. Because they aren't outrageous,inhumane, and stereotypical like in BL2.

The weapons Each weapon has purpose throughout the game because of their different ammo types
    There are plenty of weapons and you can keep them all on you, this game is also awesome because a lot of times you need to prepare, so you go to the store stock up on whats appropriate for the mission and go out and handle your business. By the end of the game, if you're an explorer type of player or you just want to do the main quest line, you will all end up with the same weapons, just explorer type of players will get them sooner, and also have a lot more money. It's too bad they couldn't reward explorers more though, but still fun and exciting to explore!

Schematics I wish they had more and I want to cut down the score by .5 because of it but thats only because the schematics are so cool I want more!!!! If they were garbage or just plain uninteresting or useless, I wouldn't care but the schematics feel great and you guys will love it!

The entire map There are many places to explore but they don't reward explorers as much as fallout for example, I know it's 2 different games but I don't see what the problem would be if they added more weapons, unique weapons, and weapons that can only be found by exploring.
    The landscape is beautiful sometimes you just need to sit back and just stare at the buildings details, the ground,rocks, sky. It's great!

Overall a great game, I usually don't finish games they bore me half way through or just plain piss me off with stupid game design decisions. But this game I finished and up until I ran out of optional things to do the game got a little less exciting. This game is a 15-25+ hour game and if you like this type of game, definitely get it! The only regret I have is paying discount price
  24. Jul 30, 2013
    The bad reviews are outdated.

There are graphic fixes and guides for your setting which make result in a very enjoyable environment. Most bugs have been fixed (haven't experienced a single bug in my playthrough!). Note: graphics are instantly loaded into ram when entering a map; this can result in ~30 seconds of lag right at the start. However after that it's flawlessly fluent.
    The bad reviews are outdated.

However after that it's flawlessly fluent.

The game gives you a great variety of weapons right from the start which partwise transform into completely new weapons just by switching the ammo.

The story could have been better, but well it's not like CoD and Co had good stories either.

This game might have had it's issues, but they're gone now.

If you see this game on sale grab it!
    It's definitely enjoyable abd worth the money!
  25. Apr 16, 2013
    underrated game. great gameplay, great shooting. great design (the best!). one of my all time favorites.
    It has an abrupt ending. that was disappointing. Also, I would like to see more in the wasteland. there was not much to do. No good reason to explore.
    i had no technical issues with it. (geforce 9800 gtx & geforce gtx 550 ti)
    i hope they make a sequel
  26. Jul 28, 2014
    The game is a solid 9 for me, but to balance the "0"-votings, i rate it a 10.

The game is a solid 9 for me, but to balance the "0"-votings, i rate it a 10.

Playing this game again at the moment and having a blast with it. Superb gunplay, intense atmosphere and well designed characters! The engine is realy impressive, you never see the same barrel or garbage twice, every location is unique. The buildings interiors are top notch, it feels so real! Sure, the engine has it's downsides, so you will see some blurry textures here and there, but who cares? When you digging in the sewers and you can almost smell the **** and be immersed into the game!

For me this game is a clearly underrated gem. Imagine Rage with the mechanics from a Fallout New Vegas, more items, hunger and thirst! This would be my dream-game :-)

The story in Rage is ok for a shooter, but don't expect some heavy plot here. But that's not really important. The world is unique, beautiful, lots of places to explore, tune your guns and cars, speak with the natives, do quests, take on some races and enjoy some great hours of gameplay!
  27. Jun 10, 2013
    Great game period. Granted not perfect but obviously its combo of incredible graphics, textures, gorgeously fitting color pallet, and stunning frame rate (60fps) make it a visual masterpiece with best in class aesthetics dominating its commonly compared borderlands and fallout 3 bretheren in this department. Guns feel heavy, gunshots sound aggressive and badass, and enemies react to everyGreat game period. Granted not perfect but obviously its combo of incredible graphics, textures, gorgeously fitting color pallet, and stunning frame rate (60fps) make it a visual masterpiece with best in class aesthetics dominating its commonly compared borderlands and fallout 3 bretheren in this department. Guns feel heavy, gunshots sound aggressive and badass, and enemies react to every shot they are hit with in a realistic way with impressively animated deaths. The animators at id software knocked it out the park with the games many fluid and jaw dropping animations, from crazed mutants ravenously coming after you, to salty bandits flailing back from gunfire ultimately spinning and falling face first to their death these animations are handled with a smoothness and degree of movement not often(if ever) seen in the video game industry. The sound shines with the vaunted John Goodman lending his voice acting talents. The game isn't short with all the side quests and loot hunting offered as well as a very arcade like but enjoyable racing and vehicle combat section (though a bit easy). The weapons are varied enough with all guns and crossbow having several different ammo types, but the clear cut star of your arsenal is the innovative and devilishly fun wing stick. The wing stick is a type of three bladed boomerang that you throw at your enemies for frequent decapitations and severed limbs, it also can be upgraded to target enemies,do more damage, and return to your hand like a boomerang (did i mention it can slice the head off of multiple enemies in a row).You also find or buy blueprints in the wasteland which build new weapons/guns, upgradable turrets and robots, and even a mini remote controlled truck with bombs attached to it which you can remote detonate (also useful for scouting out enemy camps). You do however rehash the same levels at times with minor differences but with having to make such detailed landscapes it's understandable. The game includes many enjoyable mini games such as five finger fillet, a guitar hero like game called strum, and a very fun card game similar to magic the gathering with picture cards of different in game characters and factions that you find throughout the wasteland to strengthen your deck(trust me i am not a card or magic t.g. fan but this is fun). The world isn't as big as fallout but it is as big as it needs to be.It has a fun but not as varied separate coop campaign and online multiplayer in the form of exciting vehicle combat races. I know it isn't the 4 player coop of borderlands but unless you are the type who is compulsive about having 50,000 guns and cell shaded graphics it might be a better all around game than the first borderlands(i do love borderlands by the way). People say Rage doesn't have a story and it has an "okay" if not fleshed out enough story but borderlands though it is entertaining has basically no story at all(you are on pandora- now find this vault).Some found Rage to have a weak ending? Not half as dissapointing as borderlands ending (can anyone say they were pleased with what they found in the vault?) Overall Rage is a breath of fresh air that beckons back to id's yesteryear of gaming (doom,quake) the combat is in your face and aggressive differing from this generation's Gears of Wear totally cover based pop and shoot style of combat (when i am a badass muscle bound space marine i don't want to spend 75% of the game on my knees, i know a few gals who hangout on the corner they can give marcus pheonix a pair of kneepads they spend alot of time on their knees too).Rage has a ton of nostalgic eastereggs too, if you are a Doom,wolfenstein, Quake or id fan you need to get this game for the eastereggs alone! I won't spoil it but let's just say these eastereggs are very.....interactive. The sad thing is that Rage2 was in the works but seeing how Rage undersold they cancelled production and killed the would be series. This was new IP from the fathers of FPS and after all that time they delivered, and after getting their feet wet in this generation with Rage i can assume building on Rage's engine and the experience with Rage would have prepped them to deliver even bigger on Rage2 (can you imagine what that game would of looked like.) Rage is a very strong game and worth the experience it should have sold 5mil. Rage gets a 9 out of 10. j Expand
  28. Sep 19, 2013
    Your enjoyment depends on what you expect. If you expect a game that is Skyrim, Doom and Fallout all in one, then you will be disappointed. But if you expect a good shooter, variable enemies and enviroments with some more space to walk and more RPG like story then you will be happy. The only bad thing is tons of bugs at launch of the game (currently in 2013 all problems are fixed) and weakYour enjoyment depends on what you expect. If you expect a game that is Skyrim, Doom and Fallout all in one, then you will be disappointed. But if you expect a good shooter, variable enemies and enviroments with some more space to walk and more RPG like story then you will be happy. The only bad thing is tons of bugs at launch of the game (currently in 2013 all problems are fixed) and weak ending. Also I didnt like that main character has Gordon Freemans syndrome. But overally if you dont expect too much you will love this game. Expand
  29. Oct 24, 2013
    I got this game and the scourcher pack for like $19.99 on steam. It was super fun single player for me. I didnt and probably won't play mulit player. I did have any problems with bug or glitches. It ran perfect. I would have gave it a 10, but the ending left me hanging. dont know if they'll make a part 2 or not. Overall it was fun. Like mad max meets doom.
  30. Jun 14, 2014
    This is my personal experience with the PC version of this game. Rage. Is. Awesome! Gun fights rock! Driving and blowing stuff up, Rocks! The NPC's are very well done. Everything is sooo beautiful. The game just looks fantastic.

If you haven't you have to buy the add on RAGE: The Scorchers. Why? Two Reasons. #1 Sarah, #2 The nail gun (whoopidy doo right? nope it has a rail gun attachment that lets you see through walls and shoot through said walls and completely disintegrate most foes! Which ROCKS by the way!

I had so much fun playing this game. I have enjoyed at least 4 different play throughs and would highly recommend this game to others.

The only faults in the game is I wish I could interact more with certain NPC's. I don't mean sexually.
  31. Dec 16, 2014
    Great old fashioned FPS, an interesting selection of weapons - robot-car-bombs for instance, this is a game to be played on hard level, if you're someone who plays games on the easy setting then don't bother you'll get bored. This game can be frustratingly hard but that's somehow what makes it so satisfying when you beat the enemies. Graphically this game is a mixed bag, mostly it'sGreat old fashioned FPS, an interesting selection of weapons - robot-car-bombs for instance, this is a game to be played on hard level, if you're someone who plays games on the easy setting then don't bother you'll get bored. This game can be frustratingly hard but that's somehow what makes it so satisfying when you beat the enemies. Graphically this game is a mixed bag, mostly it's awesome but there are a couple of spots that look a bit too nineties. No 'bad-port' issues, I don't recall any buggyness. Grab it cheap if you like shooting tough enemies. Expand
  32. Feb 3, 2012

1. Nov 23, 2011
    A pretty, fast and aggressive shooter, striving in vain to be something more. [December 2011, p.62]
    Far from perfect Rage somehow is has fun post-apocalyptic action where the principles are set –fortunately – bit different than in other games of FPS genre. [Nov 2011]
  3. Nov 9, 2011
    It seems id Software is still living in its golden days and failed to notice that times have changed since Doom and Quake. Rage is just a decent, linear, old school shooter combined awkwardly with an arcade racing game. The world is only 'kinda openish' and the story must have been written by the coders while they were compiling the alpha version. The game looks great though – if you're lucky enough to have the it run smoothly and without technical issues that haunt the PC version. [November 2011, p.46]