Rage PC

5.2

1. Oct 13, 2011
    I'm one of those who got the game after the patch and new nvida drivers. Yes, there is a little bit of pop in, but it's not a huge factor when playing at all. I find myself focused on the great graphics and cool atmosphere. The aggregate score on here is completely unreliable. This is really a very good game, a very solid shooter with some of the best in-game visuals I've seen. I don'tI'm one of those who got the game after the patch and new nvida drivers. Yes, there is a little bit of pop in, but it's not a huge factor when playing at all. I find myself focused on the great graphics and cool atmosphere. The aggregate score on here is completely unreliable. This is really a very good game, a very solid shooter with some of the best in-game visuals I've seen. I don't have a monster rig, but I'm getting extremely solid framerates as well. PC owners are going to end up driving developers away with this kind of precious schoogirl reaction to launch day problems. They'll just start figuring that it isn't worth it. Expand
  2. XBC
    Oct 13, 2011
    I have been impressed with Rage. I admit I was a bit taken back by all the negativity. I have around 8 hours into playing. I have not experienced a single graphical issue or crash in the whole game. The only setting change I had to make was to force V-Sync on to eliminate the tearing (which is normal for nearly any game). This setting should have defaulted to enabled. Graphically, II have been impressed with Rage. I admit I was a bit taken back by all the negativity. I have around 8 hours into playing. I have not experienced a single graphical issue or crash in the whole game. The only setting change I had to make was to force V-Sync on to eliminate the tearing (which is normal for nearly any game). This setting should have defaulted to enabled. Graphically, I have yet to see anything as nearly impressive. Props to John and the artists as id. I grew up playing all of id's games (well, since commander keen). Graphically, this game deserves easily a rating of 10+. Game play, the only issue I had was falling through the world once. Other than that, no glitches, no stuck enemies, etc. The AI in this game could be stronger. Most Enemies will only stay in a small zone and will not chase. Back up, get to a higher vantage point, then pick them off from a distance. Sometimes the AI did surprise me and really did pull some interesting moves. This is the first game that I have played that a friendly AI will push you out of the way so they can take cover. The interface for swapping out weapons and ammo was a bit confusing and needs a little work. A little color wouldn't be bad either. 8/10

Story, this could use some work. Story has never been an id strong point. I like a there to be a 'reason' behind the quests done. Something that make it flow together. Maybe a little more explanation and deeper dialog with the NPCs 6/10

I am not sure about replay value. Games like DeusEx or Dragon Age definitely have more replay value. Choose completely different paths in a game is a huge plus. I do wish the game had more of that. I am sure I will end up playing it through a couple times. Consoles have really had a negative affect on PC games. With no new consoles in the immediate future, I can only imagine that this will affect the PC game market even more. Hardware played on (2600K, 16gig, 580GTX 3gig, and SSD)
  3. Oct 14, 2011
    My review is based on the condition of RAGE in its playable patched state after 10/8. I was upset that the game was broken in the first few days, but the patch resolved any technical issues I was having.

I am using a RADEON 6850 with the high definition textures enable and RAGE simply looks brilliant . I have never seen graphics this good in an FPS and I am a proud owner of both the CRYSIS games. The action sequences in RAGE are very well paced and incredible fun. You have a variety of choices for dispatching enemies and a wide variety of enemies to dispatch. Playing through the shooting sections is some of the most fun I've ever had in the FPS genre.

The shooting sequences are so good and I wish there were more of them. Instead, RAGE attempts to have "characters" and "story" and "side-missions" - none of these things have any place in an ID game. Doom, Doom III, Quake - these are ID's most famous and ground breaking titles and they all follow the same formula: Ground breaking graphics, cool weapons and linear progression from level to level. I'm a big fan of games that let you explore and experiment, but it just doesn't fit with an ID game.

Loved the shooting sequences, was not impressed by anything in between - 8
  4. Nov 11, 2011
    you guys are a bunch of short-bus tard-helmet-wearing idiots. this game's AH-MAY-ZINNNGGGG. I'm running it on my Dell Studio XPS laptop without a hitch. no frame-rate issues, no nada. The game is fun as hell and all kinds of eye-candy and the last time i checked basically ALL open-world FPS RPG's are all about "fetch-missions". Hell, Dead Island was one big fetch-mission with bugs andyou guys are a bunch of short-bus tard-helmet-wearing idiots. this game's AH-MAY-ZINNNGGGG. I'm running it on my Dell Studio XPS laptop without a hitch. no frame-rate issues, no nada. The game is fun as hell and all kinds of eye-candy and the last time i checked basically ALL open-world FPS RPG's are all about "fetch-missions". Hell, Dead Island was one big fetch-mission with bugs and issues out the ass and STILL has replay value on par with the likes of Borderlands and New Vegas. Quit whining and get out of your Mom's basement once in a while you porkly neck-bearded basement-dwellers. xD xD xD Expand
  5. Dec 3, 2011
    Sure the game may have had some technical flaws at the beginning but it WAS NOT unplayable. Granted i did have a NVidia card. I had high hopes for this game when i preordered it on steam back in August. I was let down by the short, bland story and very linear levels and world but there is no denying the polished vehicle combat and solid shooter aspects of the game. It is still extremelySure the game may have had some technical flaws at the beginning but it WAS NOT unplayable. Granted i did have a NVidia card. I had high hopes for this game when i preordered it on steam back in August. I was let down by the short, bland story and very linear levels and world but there is no denying the polished vehicle combat and solid shooter aspects of the game. It is still extremely fun and addicting to play. If the story were was well written and longer this game would easily be another blockbuster hit. Expand
  6. Oct 8, 2011
    Hello, i never listen to the opinium off other people... so here is my Strong Opinium,
    Best grapics ever 'nojoke', everything runs very smooth +60 fps for sure as always id make fast compatible engines..even a friends low spec laptop could play it at 35 fps for sure.

battlefield 3, is way worse looking as this'it looked ugly afther i played this game', this is the best engine that's out right now 'and there still updating the engine yet.', and look even better then the witcher 2, in fact it's looking better then witcher 2 and is x3 times faster engine'then witcher', i can't wait for the new drivers, and custom setting patch, and performance patches, also a real shooter doesn't need a story.. like doom had a story.. it must we Shooting, very good and fun! So ID i new i din't let me down, ....Also id software don't copy a succes formula for getting more sales , they are experimenting with there games and take a gamble with it, it's a good move there... and also they say, short game and when it gets good it ends.. indeed but u must now there alreadt DLC's in progress... I give this game a 9 for sure... -1 point Because, there is no 4 player co-op, and only 7 missions' rolf it must be like 60 missions,' in a Big world with quest. :p rolf sorry:p
    but indeed this is not borderlands, nor fallout, so if u want a big game look somewhere else..
    i am sure that they will make a expansion'or DLC and i can't wait to play it. Keep up up good Work ID software !!!!!! and don't listen to this other reviewers....they don't know what they are speaking.... maybe there computers are full of virussus, or bad hardware.., also i can play this game, and battlefield 3 at the same time.. and alt tab, and switch, i also talk mesenger and stuff, and i still is turned on. normaly;
  7. Oct 10, 2011
    Out of the box, this game is horrid at best. Once drivers are updated and a few tweaks made to FOV, VSync, and texture pop-in (who thought THAT was a good idea?), the game really shines. I am thoroughly impressed with the graphics and the atmosphere. It's like Borderlands but better. Granted, Borderlands has it's merits, but the fact that this game creates a similar world in sometimesOut of the box, this game is horrid at best. Once drivers are updated and a few tweaks made to FOV, VSync, and texture pop-in (who thought THAT was a good idea?), the game really shines. I am thoroughly impressed with the graphics and the atmosphere. It's like Borderlands but better. Granted, Borderlands has it's merits, but the fact that this game creates a similar world in sometimes photo-realistic quality bears accolades. Overall, don't listen to the naysayers. Despite the fact that this was designed around console, the optimization, quality of graphics, and framerate stability is something to be admired by the entire of the PC community. And some of the most-frightening and intense moments I've experienced in a game since HL2. Expand
  8. Oct 17, 2011
    This game has some of the most impressive visuals I've ever seen in a game. I'm playing the PC version. Even up close the textures don't look that bad to me, I don't know if it's different on consoles. But I've had my breath taken away more times in this game than any other I can remember, even Uncharted 3. So much of my play time I've spent just standing and drinking in the incredibleThis game has some of the most impressive visuals I've ever seen in a game. I'm playing the PC version. Even up close the textures don't look that bad to me, I don't know if it's different on consoles. But I've had my breath taken away more times in this game than any other I can remember, even Uncharted 3. So much of my play time I've spent just standing and drinking in the incredible visuals. It's hugely pleasurable just to look at the environments. Perhaps it's partly the use of megatextures, but it's also the incredible amount of work which has gone into modelling and designing the environments. There's so much detail, so much variation, it looks painstaking, the amount of unique geometry, and the unique texturing on every surface, it's overwhelming, the visuals are incredible, I love them. So much detail in every scene, more than I'm used to seeing in games. This game is a real achievement, I think the developers deserve recognition and accolades for the design and the technology of this game, it's amazing.

It's also the artistry of the designers. A lot of times I'm standing looking at a scene and what I'm looking at looks like a piece of concept art rather than in-game graphics. it's incredible. And I can turn around and see another equally impressive scene.

For the record, I had no real technical problems with this game on my PC with an Nvidia card, although I guess I bought it after a patch had been released. The only issue I had at first was screen tearing but that was fixed with a simple launch option added with Steam and now the game is perfect. Great framerate (Nvidia GTX 560.

As for gameplay, it's pretty fun, I very much enjoy the shootouts, particularly with bandits. The game is of course very derivative, there seem to have been so many post-apocalyptic RPG-esqe FPSes. The closest comparison for me is with Borderlands although of course there are many similarities with Fallout 3 (though maybe they started work on Rage before those games came out?). But it doesn't bother me really as I'm finding this game more fun and immersive than both of those games. I could do without the vehicle combat, and the racing, to me they're kind of superfluous, I don't find the vehicle combat that enjoyable, I prefer the FPS combat, but then at the same time there's nothing wrong with it and the racing is a bit fun I guess, just not so much as the FPS combat which is great. Also I would've liked to be able to use a first-person view in vehicles.

Anyway, for the graphics and design alone I give this game 9 out of 10, the developers should definitely be rewarded and encouraged as much as possible as this game is an incredible experience due to the amazing environments, the unique texturing and the time spent on the masses of unique level geometry, and the design and layout of the levels, and the artistic backgrounds. It's incredible-looking and great fun to play. Not a complete masterpiece but a damn good game, worth £30 to me.

(I took the first bit of this review from a comment I posted on a forum).
  9. Oct 21, 2011
    One of Bethesda worst Game ever. First, Rage is a very bad console port. Textures look like (crap) and all those famous pop-ins...hilarious! second, the story, this is what i have to say: Really??? Third, with so huge game (20GB), the game can be finished in 8 hours doing main: Really??
    Why adding open world if there isn't much to explore???? Every hour passed by, the game will get more and more boring...
    With all those crashes, bugs, glitches, Ai broken, bla bla bla, ID didn't gave 1minute attention on the PC platform. Thank you!!! You are actually making the game on a dam Computer and when it comes out, it comes like **** If this is going to happend on Doom 4, be prepared to not hit 1million sales, why? Because Doom was PC exclusive, and this (Rage) was one of the biggest disapointments for us. I hope this won't happend with Doom 4!!!

This is who we PC gamers see it: And those bad sales on the PC platforms, please, don't blame the piracy, blame on that game of yours which is worse than Brink. And Brink was really bad.
    But ID is the real criminal on that one. Next, pay more attention on the PC platform, there are more than 1billion PC gamers. If a game is good, it will surely pay off, i swear!!!!
  10. Oct 19, 2011
    This whole game is another finger in the face of PC gamers. SHAME on the journalists who gave this a good score. Linear, drab, predictable console port. A poor Borderlands update. I want my money back!
  11. Oct 17, 2011
    RAGE had a rough start on PC, but most of the technical issues have been fixed by the first patch that was out within a week of RAGE's release. Plus, the latest GPU drivers delivered fixes for RAGE too. I for one have no technical problems with the game.
    People need to understand that this is id's new engine. Despite it being cross-platform, you need a powerful PC to run the game on maximum settings. This is not id Tech 3. It's id Tech 5! So you might as well think about upgrading your system if you have an obsolete graphics card and/or processor.
    People also need to understand that nowadays almost every PC game has some consolized characteristics. This is inevitable. If you develop a game for all platforms at once, you have to appeal to a mixed audience. You need to make decisions. So keep that in mind.
    I've been a long-time dedicated fan of id Software's FPS creations, but I admit I had doubts when they announced this game. I didn't think they would be able to let go of the usual formula to create something different with RAGE. Then I started to play it yesterday, and I just simply got chained to the game for 8 hours straight, and the next day I finished it in another long session. To be honest, I already feel that I'm going to play through it again. This is pretty unusual, because it doesn't happen too often to me.
    First of all, the visuals. I was stunned by how game looks - in a good way. I understand that some of the textures are low-res at the moment, but I am fine with that, because what's important in the game is very well detailed. By the way, Carmack just promised a patch on his twitter, that's is going to alleviate this issue. The thing is, if you look at the game as a whole, there is no other FPS right now that has such looks and all these extra post-processing features, while running at a stable frame rate of 60 without any hiccups. So, before you judge RAGE, play through it and you'll know what I'm talking about. And the content is just endless. You'll know why it takes up 22GB on your HDD. It's size is so huge because the art of the game is exceptional. You can clearly see that every character, area and architecture of the camps and towns has been well thought-out and carefully designed, modeled and built by professionals. The atmosphere changes all the time while keeping you constantly entertained. You can find so many types of characters in it, such as wastelanders, mutants, steampunk people, hi-tech freaks, giant monsters, buggies! And so much more. I'm not going to spoil anything, feel free to explore yourself.
    Last, but not least... the gameplay. I was so happy that it plays just like Quake did (yes, you can even strafe-jump and bunny hop while sprinting, lolz ;p). The movement, the aiming and the shooting is exactly the same, but it's combined with today's trendy FPS features - such as regenerating health, ADS, grenades and equipments (the Wingstick and the Drone own everything). It also has some signs of RPG, such as inventory, looting, crafting, and NPC interaction. They're similar to Fallout 3, but in a very simplified way. I think there was no harm done by that. It's already a lot of extra, compared to what we are used to in id's games. The bottom line is that all these things combined humiliate every other fast-paced action FPS available right now. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention the Buggy-game part. Basically RAGE is a 2in1 game. The racer part feels like a separate game integrated into it, although it fits just fine. RAGE wouldn't be itself without it.
    My only problem was the difficulty. On the most difficult Nightmare setting the game was no challenge for me. It wasn't a question how I finish it... the only question was: when? Here comes the other problem: it was over kind of suddenly. These are the only reasons I'm giving it a 9, and not a 10. Simply put: play it!
  12. r3t
    Oct 17, 2011
    Gave it a 10 to compensate for the flood of negative scores. My actual score would be an 8, the game is fun and beautiful, once you get it to run right. Next to technological issues, my gripes are fetchquests and shallow characters and story. But when shooting your way through beautifully rendered environments battling cool enemies that are wonderfully animated and chatter back and forthGave it a 10 to compensate for the flood of negative scores. My actual score would be an 8, the game is fun and beautiful, once you get it to run right. Next to technological issues, my gripes are fetchquests and shallow characters and story. But when shooting your way through beautifully rendered environments battling cool enemies that are wonderfully animated and chatter back and forth among themselves, the shortcomings are quickly forgiven.
    So it's a good game, such a shame to see the backlash id software is getting from the internet communities. Seems like they just had a bunch of bad luck, hope the game still does well for them.
  13. Oct 17, 2011
    The texture issue isn't a big problem -- ID Games wrote the engine well enough that it doesn't slow down when textures pop. Also, they already fixed it to some extent and will patch it more. The game mechanic and gameplay, the art and animation, the voice acting, everything about the game is awesome. I wish it had more hours of gameplay to it, but I'm finding that if you look you can findThe texture issue isn't a big problem -- ID Games wrote the engine well enough that it doesn't slow down when textures pop. Also, they already fixed it to some extent and will patch it more. The game mechanic and gameplay, the art and animation, the voice acting, everything about the game is awesome. I wish it had more hours of gameplay to it, but I'm finding that if you look you can find a lot of side missions (Many hours worth, easily.) I don't see why it's getting such a bad score - I absolutely love the game! Does a game simply have to be made by valve to get a good review? I don't get it. Expand
  14. Oct 21, 2011
    It's truly sad to see such a great game destroyed by totally "lack-of-experience" review. Seeing a guy noting the game "0/10" and claiming on his review (two days before the official release) that's the game's finish is awful and that the game will never be patched anyway is really frustrating.

This is a good game and we all know it. The frustration due to textures glitches and graphical issues leaded to a proper stoning, but this game worth the shot. And you definitively can't note it 0. It's nervous, fun, and adrenaline-full. The exteriors are gorgeous and the character design is amazing. Sounds and game sensations are really awesome. It's a **** old-school shooter with diverse addendum on gameplay and it's probably the best FPS I've played in a while.
  15. Nov 29, 2011
    Entretenido juego FPS con un poco de rol, limitado un poco por los problemas con el hardware y los controladores, pero bastante entretenido, con una banda sonora muy conseguida y un guión que a mi me ha gustado bastante. Lo arreglaron bastante con el parche que sacaron poco después del juego y el que viene ahora el 6 de diciembre esperemos que lo mejore del todo.Entretenido juego FPS con un poco de rol, limitado un poco por los problemas con el hardware y los controladores, pero bastante entretenido, con una banda sonora muy conseguida y un guión que a mi me ha gustado bastante. Lo arreglaron bastante con el parche que sacaron poco después del juego y el que viene ahora el 6 de diciembre esperemos que lo mejore del todo. Muy buenas las carreras con el bugy, pero al juego le faltan muchas horas de desarrollo, Carmack se tiene que poner las pilas si no quiere perder a los jugadores de PC para siempre, veremos a ver que nos prepara con Doom 4 y esperemos que no sea otro cutreport de consola. Expand
  16. Jan 8, 2012
    Amazing graphics. It left the deepest impression of all the games I've ever seen.
    A good story.
    Excellent gameplay in the spirit of Doom 3 and Quake 4.
    Great game!
  17. Oct 13, 2011
    Shocked by all the low reviews simply because of driver performance issues! This is a fantastic game, if you managed to wait a few days for NVIDIA & ATI to release the correct drivers, which for me at least made the game run perfectly smooth; getting past that the game looks and plays great! The game play feels really solid. I love all of the interesting weapons and ammo types. Yes,Shocked by all the low reviews simply because of driver performance issues! This is a fantastic game, if you managed to wait a few days for NVIDIA & ATI to release the correct drivers, which for me at least made the game run perfectly smooth; getting past that the game looks and plays great! The game play feels really solid. I love all of the interesting weapons and ammo types. Yes, the weapon selection uses a console-ized interface, but like most all PC games I simply used the # keys/mouse scroll, so it didn't really matter. The sounds and voice acting are top notch with good crisp realistic sounds and excellent quality voice acting. The writing and story itself were less than perfect. Lots of details left unanswered and the characters although they are voiced well don't really get involved much so you have no reason to really care much about them. However, that being said I don't play FPS games looking for award winning stories. What RAGE should and does do well is Shoot! Lots of shooting, lots of fun weapons, AI that didn't feel completely retarded like most FPS games. The driving portion handles well even using a KB, although I opted to use a gamepad at times. The mini games also were really enjoyable. I played quite a bit of the card game. Overall this game is severely under-appreciated, but I am glad I waited because I totally enjoyed it. Side note: I spent about 18 hours for a full play through. Expand
  18. Oct 8, 2011
    A spectacular failure. The game is saddled with an engine that looks great out doors but turns into a pixelated blurry mess when in doors, with textures quality so low that I haven't seen the like of them since that late 90s. Great game if never walk out of your car. Horrific blurry nightmare if you do.
  19. Oct 10, 2011
    Smooth, nice graphic, good shooting and racing sensations,good sound effects and great characters. It's a fun game, and giving it a zero note just because of a few bad textures and some bugs is not very clever.
  20. Oct 6, 2011
    Rage is one of the BEST FPS in 2011 definitely, although it has some texture in PC, but now it has some workaround that solve over 90% problem. the texture is low resolution when look closely, but during normal gaming time, the visual is really AWESOME, every place is unique, not other games have many repeat environment.
    Rage wastland is one of the best art in all FPS till now. the mixed
    Rage wastland is one of the best art in all FPS till now. the mixed setting between hardcore FPS and RPG is very good. Play feel like hardcore FPS, but has some RPG element, the RPG elements don't infuluence the shooting feeling, this game is still a fast moving & shooting FPS, I think Rage is a awesome for hardcore & old-school FPS gamer. The fallen of Duke Nukem Forever make me feel maybe this type FPS could be vanished, but the coming of Rage make me feel so happy, I bought rage during steam QuakeCon sale with DOOM & Quake pack, I feel this is a very worthy deal.
    If you like some different and innovative FPS game, I think Rage is a good choice for you:)
  21. Oct 13, 2011
    a fine game. yes it was a little buggy at launch. but lets be honest when is a pc game that is not a little rough at launch (anyone remember the crysis 2 debacle?) and yes carmack was very vocal on the pc launch being a **** but he is telling the truth that pc is not the dominant gaming platform. it is on a tech standpoint but devs live or die on there games on consoles. because thatsa fine game. yes it was a little buggy at launch. but lets be honest when is a pc game that is not a little rough at launch (anyone remember the crysis 2 debacle?) and yes carmack was very vocal on the pc launch being a **** but he is telling the truth that pc is not the dominant gaming platform. it is on a tech standpoint but devs live or die on there games on consoles. because thats where the money is. and yes we can get all misty-eyed on id 'selling out' but lets be honest. if id did not port there games to consoles then id whould probably not make it in this age of the industry. but enough about that lets take a look at this brilliant game. Rage has been 4+ years in the making and it really shows in the design. its a dark, harsh post apoc world. filled with mad max themed car combat. that in a creepy way resembles mario kart then twisted metal. but thats a good thing! and robust fps combat that id started all those years ago. and this is where rage comes into its own. instead of the modern games like cod and halo, rage throws that all in the bin to have a impressive arsenal of guns to suit any needs. and feel great to shoot. and with a wide selection of ammo types that make you feel like a rolling death god. spitting hot lead at anyone who looks at you funny. i was a little disapointed by the lack of freedom you have outside all the missions and side missons. but as a whole rage is a throwback to a classic era, and also a little glimpse of what the future holds. best pack your best 'doom face' for this one! Expand
  22. Oct 23, 2011
    id software brings back the fun to shooters PERIOD.
    Try playing the game for more then 30m and you'll see what I mean. The only complaint I have is that the story is pretty basic and some of the missions seem rather short, because they are really cool to play.
  23. Oct 23, 2011
    After a 18 hour, 100% competition playthrough, I finally beat this game. And it was truly amazing. This game does brink us back to the FUN shooter era, which was last seen in the good old Doom and Quake times. A variety of weapons, vehicles, sidequests, customization, gear and so on, keeps you going for a long time!
    But most importantly, the graphics and the game engine - IT IS
    But most importantly, the graphics and the game engine - IT IS PHENOMENAL! Stable 60 fps all the time on my 5870, while running a custom HD Ultra Settings mod, found on steam users forums. I bet from those 18 hours of my playthrough, 3 hours were spent walking and enjoying the game's environment and surroundings, they're breathtaking. A MUST BUY!
  24. Oct 16, 2011
    Man, there is a lot of negativity here! The game runs fine on my computer, and it is a fun game to play. A nice change from all the military style shooter that have been topping the charts. I'll admit, it not a mind blowing game (e.g. q2, q3, doom3), but it is fun. Though, I do miss the multi-player deathmatches, the co op has been OK. I wonder; how many of these folks here just don'tMan, there is a lot of negativity here! The game runs fine on my computer, and it is a fun game to play. A nice change from all the military style shooter that have been topping the charts. I'll admit, it not a mind blowing game (e.g. q2, q3, doom3), but it is fun. Though, I do miss the multi-player deathmatches, the co op has been OK. I wonder; how many of these folks here just don't have the juice to run the game? And ... almost all big titles are released somewhat buggy on the pc - if that bothers you so much, wait for the patch, and then consider buying. Expand
  25. Oct 16, 2011
    I like the game, very much. I am not one of those who would complain about technical problems or missing graphical options. This is not the first game with the same issues... Just finished the game and for a shooter I must say, that the game offers nice story (not as silly as shooters usually have), great environments (feels like its an open world with bits of freedom) and a big portion ofI like the game, very much. I am not one of those who would complain about technical problems or missing graphical options. This is not the first game with the same issues... Just finished the game and for a shooter I must say, that the game offers nice story (not as silly as shooters usually have), great environments (feels like its an open world with bits of freedom) and a big portion of action. The only thing I didn't enjoy was some of the driving parts. The game deserves a chance. The first patch already unlocked some of the graphical options and upcoming patch will open even more and it should offer hi-res textures. Expand
  26. Oct 16, 2011
    Cool game! I have atiHD4850 and an old dual core with 2 gb ram, but it works good at 1280x1024 and 2xAA and high anis.filter, and graphic is awesome! It really impressive mainly for elements in long distance and sky (most beautiful sky ever!). Animation of characters and enemies is fantastic, and voice acting is good enough. I played 5 hours since now and i can say IT IS FUN...how much?Cool game! I have atiHD4850 and an old dual core with 2 gb ram, but it works good at 1280x1024 and 2xAA and high anis.filter, and graphic is awesome! It really impressive mainly for elements in long distance and sky (most beautiful sky ever!). Animation of characters and enemies is fantastic, and voice acting is good enough. I played 5 hours since now and i can say IT IS FUN...how much? More than borderlands, but less than Fallout NV, i admit. Mutant bash, car racing and mini-games are also enjoyable and they add variety to standard shooting. I had to wait the first patch in order to play, i had 30 min of loading time before and then PURPLE textures, but after that the game crashed only 3 times (while opening ''menu'' and inventory) and compared to falloutNV that crashes randomly it's a great success ;)
    The best: COMBAT (no cover, no slow-mo, much skill and fun )
    The worst: storyline (but who cares in a FPS, just look painkiller or bulletstorm or serious sam...)
  27. Dec 31, 2011
    PS to my last review. Whoever said they finished this game in a day is flat out LYING. There is no way someone can finish this game in a day. There are so many side missions, racing mission, and main missions it's impossible. This is a great game with great graphics, amazing sound design and voice acting, and tons of play time. There's even replay value as there are tons of side missionsPS to my last review. Whoever said they finished this game in a day is flat out LYING. There is no way someone can finish this game in a day. There are so many side missions, racing mission, and main missions it's impossible. This is a great game with great graphics, amazing sound design and voice acting, and tons of play time. There's even replay value as there are tons of side missions you might not get to the first time.

A run this game in FULL RESOLUTION and the graphics are beautiful and smooth as butter on my Intel I-5, Windows 7 64 Bit PC. I'm using the GTX560 card with 16 GB of ram installed. This game can only use up to 4GB as it's only the 32 bit version. Don't listen to the haters and Fake Negative Reviews by competition. This game is fun, offers a large mix of activities and is done very well.
  28. Oct 16, 2011
    Graphics: Superb
    Gameplay: Fast and fun(playing on nightmare), AI is good not the best but good
    Story: Decent
    Multiplayer: Boring
    Before I begin my gaming system is top notch, solid states, raid0, 16GB ram, win 7 64bit, gtx470 with beta drivers.
  29. Oct 19, 2011
    This game does not deserve this low score.
    The first day was a disaster but after they fixed it it runs like a rocket.
    Is an action FPS, the best action FPS I played ever in my 20 years of gaming.
    All problems were solved quickly.
    Awesome graphics, sounds, game play.
    Really RAGE does not deserve this pain score. Too sad.
  30. Dec 25, 2011
    Old classic shooter!!! I donâ
  31. Jan 12, 2012
    RAGE is really awesome!!! That's especially true for old-school shooter fans like Doom and Quake. What RAGE brings is, the best shooting experience ever among all FPS games on the market. Through out the game, you will encounter all type of enemies, each ones have their own unique fighting style. Don't think you can hide around the corner or run along the path to make your enemies chasingRAGE is really awesome!!! That's especially true for old-school shooter fans like Doom and Quake. What RAGE brings is, the best shooting experience ever among all FPS games on the market. Through out the game, you will encounter all type of enemies, each ones have their own unique fighting style. Don't think you can hide around the corner or run along the path to make your enemies chasing you around like other sissy shooting games. The mutants will climb, crawl or jump right at your face; the Authorities with organize a squad and tactically attack you; and there are huge monsters will blast the hell out of whatever you are hiding behind. As a result you will find yourself in a tight situation where your eyes have to concentrate on every bullet, you mind has to think about every solution and your mouth has to cry **** **** **** while running like a little rat.

Graphically, the game looks great. RAGE comes with the newest idTech 5, and surely it doesn't disappoint us. The world looks very detailed and the characters are incredibly life-like. In terms of character animation, no game out there is better than RAGE at the moment. The animations are applied for every joint possible, as you can easily see the movement of the character's tongue when saying certain word, the curve of the finger when he press his hand against the table or the movement of the enemies when they are hit on their legs. All animations are extremely unique, like, when someone says "up town", he actually points his finger to the sky, make me wonder could be a real person is talking with me. Everything makes the world of RAGE beautiful and lively. There are some technical issues with RAGE, though, like texture popping or sometimes the game doesn't run at all. Update the game to the newest version as well as update your VGA driver will certainly help.

On the other hand, RAGE is still a FPS game with RPG elements so it may disappoint those fans of RPG shooters like Borderland and Fallout. The open world of RAGE doesn't really help much for exploring or doing side-quests. The Wasteland is rather like a lite version of Twisted Metal where you can drive from place to place and shoot other vehicles. There isn't an option for you to level up your skill and the story is pretty simple and plain, so if you are looking for a RPG shooter, look elsewhere. In a nutshell, RAGE is a game for true FPS hardcore players who are so bored with all "modern" FPS nowadays.
  32. Oct 5, 2011
    All of these negative reviews are absolute crap.

The game, after a lengthy problem of steam not allowing the game to run, ran perfectly fine. It is entertaining, fast paced and I have no issues.

I recommend this game despite the high price point. Ignore all of the negative reviews.
  33. Oct 7, 2011
    This is a GREAT game. An amazing engine that gives you rock solid 60fps. If you actually play this game you would agree that it is a definite contender for game of the year. The recommended specs should be NVIDIA 400 and 500 series cards only. If you own an ATI card you should buy an NVIDIA card, and thank me later because all of your games will run better.

Also, if you don't know how to

Also, if you don't know how to get this game running smoothly then you should probably just play on the console anyways. Real PC gamers know how their systems work and how to tweak things under the hood.
  34. Oct 9, 2011
    I like this game. I can't put my finger on why 'cause I can see som issues regarding graphics and some bugs, but overall it's just fun ! Perhaps because it has the speed and simplicity I missed in fallout 3 and though it is a simple action game, still holds some RPG theme. I don't know. I do know that I think my money is well spend on this game...
  35. Oct 9, 2011
    After spending a fair amount of time with configuration files and creating cache folders for RAGE I ended up with a game that runs more smoothly than any other I have had on my PC with a stunning visual style that deserves great praise to be heaped upon the art team at ID.
    So, the textures are a bit blurry at times, especially close up. That's to be expected with a cross-platform title like this. It's the sheer amount of detail in every part of the environs and the staggering variety that lifts this game visually head and shoulders above anything seen before. No two areas a the same and I struggled to notice any repeat textures used in most games to cover large areas. The devil is certainly in the details here because the world comes to life on the screen.
    This is all helped by some of the best sound quality I have ever heard. 5.1 surround sound is a minimum requirement in my humble opinion if you want to get the best from this game's solid audio. The voice acting is also of a very good quality, but possibly not the best I have heard.
    The writing is okay, but nothing mind blowing. It tells a good story without too many frills.
    The gameplay mechanics are solid and fun, which, at the end of the day, is what a game should be. The racing is frantic and visually breathtaking with the epic surroundings flying by at breakneck speeds and still making you feel in total control of your vehicle.
    The A.I. Isn't the best but there is some variety, no-matter what some people say. The mutants basically run at you but the bandits leap about trying to get in close for a personal kill. Other enemies use the arsenal at their disposal to great effect and draw you out of a hiding spot with a well thrown grenade whilst others may well blow themselves to smithereens with a stupid fumble. Personally I think it's all part of the fun.
    Yes, RAGE had some major technical problems on release but they were mainly driver issues and a distinct lack of graphical options, which has now been largely rectified by a patch.
    There is so much bitterness on the Internet about the issues and some truly over the top reactions by people who really ought to get some anger management classes that I have to add that if you have patience, update the game (and perhaps use your own configuration files) and forget about this ridiculous "perfect game" expecationitis illness that many people seem to have you will have an absolute blast. It's also a rather sizeable game for a shooter which adds value for money compared to other 5 hour shooter.
    RAGE is a solid shooter and fun racer all in one - once you get it running correctly.
  36. Oct 9, 2011
    Totally don't agree there ! On my pc the game look very good (and i'm a video game artist). The engine is fast 60 fps everytime. The steam patch of this morning is the saviour !

Thanks ID ! The ghost town and authority cell are just Id style ! I'm loving it !

I'm really waitting for the HD texture pack ! This while bring 1 point more from 9 to 10 by my side.
  37. Oct 12, 2011
    There is no other game that is visually as stunning as this. There is literally so much stunning detail throughout the whole game, that as an ARTIST, it is easy to see that a lot of care has gone into making every aspect of the game look unique and play fluidly. From a gamer perspective, it is an improvement over every other game ID has produced, including Doom 3. RAGE lets the player makeThere is no other game that is visually as stunning as this. There is literally so much stunning detail throughout the whole game, that as an ARTIST, it is easy to see that a lot of care has gone into making every aspect of the game look unique and play fluidly. From a gamer perspective, it is an improvement over every other game ID has produced, including Doom 3. RAGE lets the player make his or her own choices, earn your upgrades, and build your engineering schematics... while it may be clear that it has drawn inspiration from other games like Borderlands and Fallout, it is obvious that they did it better than any other developer. I have seen and read loads of bad reviews of RAGE, only to find them non helpful or misleading. At launch, the game had its flaws, but that has been a growing trend with all types of games for PC. In this day and age, nothing is perfect, so you should be happy when a developer like ID puts so much effort into a game like this and gives you an experience you wont get from any other. If you weren't happy with the technical glitches the game had at launch, then your review is meaningless, thats all I have to say. Expand
  38. Oct 6, 2011
    Minor technical issues aside â
  39. Oct 9, 2011
    If you can maintain and troubleshoot your own computer then it is an excellent game with beautiful visuals. You might want to stick with the console version otherwise. In spite of also being developed for the consoles, it is a PC game through and through.

You also want to make sure that have at least 1gb video card and run a 64-bit operating system. You will need it to enable the 'large texture cache' option which resolves the texture pop-ins that people complain about.

It needs to be said that most of the 0 and 1 scores are from people who couldn't get it running properly. AMD, in particular, had some problems getting the correct driver out for this game. Once the issue has been fully resolved then it shouldn't factor into your buying decision.

Personally, I think it's id's best and most beautiful game so far.
  40. Oct 9, 2011
    Ignore the haters. This game is like doom 3 and fallout 3 had a baby, with all the benefits and none of the flaws. Times a damned thousand. The graphics, guns, sounds, and even story and game mechanics are slick, dangerous, fast, furious, and explosive. You basically go on a badass rampage of manliness through various manly environments, destroying extremely terrifying or messed up foes.Ignore the haters. This game is like doom 3 and fallout 3 had a baby, with all the benefits and none of the flaws. Times a damned thousand. The graphics, guns, sounds, and even story and game mechanics are slick, dangerous, fast, furious, and explosive. You basically go on a badass rampage of manliness through various manly environments, destroying extremely terrifying or messed up foes. BUY IT IMMEDIATELY YOU INSECTS. Expand
  41. Mar 3, 2012
    Some people are so stupid. Sure, Rage isn't the best game on the market. And it does have it's faults. But, it is at the very least a good game. Yes, when it was released it had quite a few problems. But all of the bugs have been addressed; the game has been patched multiple times since it's release and plays wonderfully for the most part. If it's not working for you now, it's eitherSome people are so stupid. Sure, Rage isn't the best game on the market. And it does have it's faults. But, it is at the very least a good game. Yes, when it was released it had quite a few problems. But all of the bugs have been addressed; the game has been patched multiple times since it's release and plays wonderfully for the most part. If it's not working for you now, it's either because you're stupid, your PC sucks, or both. I don't have any trouble running the game with my i5 2500k and two 6970s crossfired. I get well over 60fps maxed, and it looks great. The shooting is fantastic. The ballistics engine is lifelike and satisfying. The graphics do look fantastic, although there can be some pop-in from time to time. The story is somewhat forgettable, as is to be expected of this type of game. Well, not so much the story, but the story telling. Going from NPC to NPC running fetch quests can and does get a little old. I will say this about Rage: the story's plot is actually pretty good. The opening sequence of the game is one of the most beautiful and moving openings that I have seen in a while. This game really has a lot going for it. Probably it's biggest strength, even in spite of all of it's shortcomings, is the it's just an absolute blast to play. Wow. Look at all of those 0 scores below. Are you people really that stupid? Look at what the reviewers scored it at on average. That is more like it. And you wonder why game developers NEVER listen to fans. You have no credibility. You're fickle. You are all fickle. Rage, a 0? It is idiots like you that bring down the average score. Instead of being fair, you morons give the game a 0. Why? Because you want your review to make a difference, by God!!! Little pathetic punks. I thought about giving Rage a 10, because in light of all of these false reviews, it needs all of that help it can get. But you know what? I won't. Then I wouldn't be better than you, for I know that reviews should be fair, based on a rational mind. 8.5/10 Expand
  42. Oct 8, 2011
    this game is so poorly developed that makes me wanna punch my computer screen in RAGE!!!! first of all the graphics are so overrated, they look like a 5 year ild game, wait, they look like a 7 year old game, its just so unexcusable. All of the media hype about the new engine was **** Save your money, trust me.
  43. Oct 8, 2011
    I can attest to this game having some issues with some PC configurations. I myself had some problems with the texture pop-in and some framerate issues when entering vehicles. But this game is for dedicated PC users, those who are not afraid to change settings from a configuration file and relaunch the game a couple of times to try out the optimal config. The game itself is beautiful on aI can attest to this game having some issues with some PC configurations. I myself had some problems with the texture pop-in and some framerate issues when entering vehicles. But this game is for dedicated PC users, those who are not afraid to change settings from a configuration file and relaunch the game a couple of times to try out the optimal config. The game itself is beautiful on a high end PC, and id have nailed the combat yet again. All these reviews below 5 haven't played the game past the intro sequence and have not given it a chance to offer up its best side. Is it a stellar game? No, not genre defining as we were expecting. But it is a solid shooter with great graphics and excellent core mechanics. Expand
  44. Oct 5, 2011
    I am so surprised by how unready RAGE is. I am a ATi video-card owner and this game keeps reloading textures as i look around with the mouse. Also you can't enable vsync so you have to be prepared to watch screen tearing everytime a cut scene occurs. I'm going to stop playing and wait for a patch. (p.s running Win7-64bit, i7 920 stock, 6 gigs ram and Asus V2 5870 & yes all drivers up to date).
  45. Oct 6, 2011
    Once you get past the self-entitled "it didn't work the instant I bought it even though it was a third-party driver rather than the publisher" whining and review bombing, RAGE is actually a pretty solid shooter. Driving around is a pure joy: it has a cinematic feel. This game is not meant for you to go stand right next to the wall and cry because the texture is low-res, what you areOnce you get past the self-entitled "it didn't work the instant I bought it even though it was a third-party driver rather than the publisher" whining and review bombing, RAGE is actually a pretty solid shooter. Driving around is a pure joy: it has a cinematic feel. This game is not meant for you to go stand right next to the wall and cry because the texture is low-res, what you are supposed to do is stand at least 10 feet back and pan from left to right and see the amazing unique detail that is everywhere. If your panties are especially knotty then wait a few more days for driver issues to be fully sorted. I already have amazing PC visuals through configuration files and it's only going to get better. I wanted to give RAGE an 8 but on average it needs a 10. Expand
  46. Oct 11, 2011
    This is a good game. Lots of crying about crashes, driver problems, "buggy" noises. Forget that! Sit yourself behind the WSAD keys and enjoy a good romp. Lots of good mutants need tending to....saddle up!
  47. Oct 7, 2011
    10/10. This is the best shooter I've played in a long long time. I have never had this much pure fun factor since the 90's shooters. Don't let people in here that are too stupid to get it working right ruin a chance at enjoy this game. Did it have driver issues? Yep. Will it be fixed? Yep. Still, the game itself is GOTY this year unless Skyrim knocks it down. No more generic CoD / BF games here.
  48. Oct 11, 2011
    Once again i want to point out that the majority of the low scores for this game is due to people not being able to play the game cause of their old hardware.

If you have a good computer (read: new hardware) and it still does not run any good they are patching the game and there are several fixes that you can apply to be able to run the game properly. Stop trolling really and do

Stop trolling really and do something about it yourself, buy new hardware, update the game and drivers, apply fixes, there are so many ways you can improve your gaming experience instead of giving the game a low score cause you are lazy.

The game is fantastic, read my previous review for more information, currently playing the DLC which i find to be rather different from what i expected.

All in all a fun game, if you have issues solve them, don't be a idiot.
  49. Oct 8, 2011
    First impressions when entering the world of Rage are very positive. The amount of detail that went into the scenery and textures is impressive. When you first start looking around at the finer details of the world one can only wonder how many hours they took making every object look gorgeous. And by gorgeous I mean completely trashed, dirty and broken looking. The character models areFirst impressions when entering the world of Rage are very positive. The amount of detail that went into the scenery and textures is impressive. When you first start looking around at the finer details of the world one can only wonder how many hours they took making every object look gorgeous. And by gorgeous I mean completely trashed, dirty and broken looking. The character models are another high point of Rage. Each character is uniquely detailed with trinkets, tattoos and clothing that give them an original personae. The voice acting and mission briefings are clear and concise as to give the player a direction in the game. The key is talking to everybody. Side quests often open up new possibilities in the game and although Rage is a first-person shooter, the role playing elements add to the charm of this game.

The vehicle combat reminds me of playing Interstate â
  50. Oct 6, 2011
    The mere fact that so many people have taken time out of their day to come here and post ludicrously low scores on the game simply because it has issues on launch day is pretty **** sad, tbh. How about you release a AAA, multi-platform game of this scale and see how **** easy it is to make it run consistently well on a platform as widely varied as PC before you **** your pants about someThe mere fact that so many people have taken time out of their day to come here and post ludicrously low scores on the game simply because it has issues on launch day is pretty **** sad, tbh. How about you release a AAA, multi-platform game of this scale and see how **** easy it is to make it run consistently well on a platform as widely varied as PC before you **** your pants about some release day bugs. Once you iron out the problems with the game, it's an absolute blast, as I expected. The action is fast paced and over the top, the arsenal large, varied and unrestricted, and the controls smooth and responsive. A lot of it is pretty standard Id fare (though hugely polished and modernized), but the rest of it is incredibly solid too. Ther story is passable, but honestly, anyone who is playing this looking for interesting character development and an engaging plot has clearly mixed up Id with Bioware or someone similar. For those that weren't for some retarded reason expecting Fallout 3 or Borderlands (both of which are inherently inferior in terms of their FPS mechanics) and instead were hoping for a polished Id FPS with light free roam elements and a polished racing mechanic, I think this game should be entirely satisfying. Expand
  51. Oct 6, 2011
    Awesome game! Good graphics, good sound, good racing, good AI, impressive arsenal, amazing shooting! Thanks id.
    Go Doom 4 and Rage 2 :) Haters gonna hate.
  52. Oct 8, 2011
    I have to say that i'm truly astounded by the ratings of 0 and 1 here,after 25 hours of game time so far not had any issue's,game runs very smoothly,no tearing or missing textures and 65fps. The game is beautiful as far as the graphics go,so much attention to detail,sound is wonderful and music is grand,control is a breeze and never had a single crash,very similar to Borderlands so i'mI have to say that i'm truly astounded by the ratings of 0 and 1 here,after 25 hours of game time so far not had any issue's,game runs very smoothly,no tearing or missing textures and 65fps. The game is beautiful as far as the graphics go,so much attention to detail,sound is wonderful and music is grand,control is a breeze and never had a single crash,very similar to Borderlands so i'm very happy as that is a favourite of mine,RAGE just feels like an extension of Borderlands if truth be told,this is more than i could have hoped for and works perfectly on my GT 440,for me this works perfectly and couldn't ask for more and certainly looks better than the 360 and ps3 versions as the pc doesn't have the same restrictions,a class act and i'm sure will get even better with more content and indeed a patch or two but for me it works great so a patch isn't required,90 % from me and yes am an indie developer and been playing hundred's of games since 1978. Expand
  53. Oct 5, 2011
    I have just played Rage for 2 hours and so far I'm pleased with the game. Sure, its gameplay is not revolutionary and the graphics pop in if you turn left/right quickly, but it's fun to play (and mostly to watch) nonetheless. Tip for those having fps and tearing issues: change you video card setup to "let the 3D application decide" for most of the settings; don't force v-sync on or off. IfI have just played Rage for 2 hours and so far I'm pleased with the game. Sure, its gameplay is not revolutionary and the graphics pop in if you turn left/right quickly, but it's fun to play (and mostly to watch) nonetheless. Tip for those having fps and tearing issues: change you video card setup to "let the 3D application decide" for most of the settings; don't force v-sync on or off. If this doesn't work then you might need a new rig even if your current one meets or slightly exceeds the recommended system requirements. I'm saying this because this is a nextgen engine, which historically requires a beefed-up pc. Remember, when iD released Doom 3 there were no graphic cards capable of running it maxed out yet (it required a video card with 512MB of video memory, which was unheard of at that time). My PC specs are: I7-2600, GTX 580, 8GB, Win7-64bits and Creative X-Fi Titanium audio card. Expand
  54. Oct 7, 2011
    Besides the general gameplay problems, there are serious glitches with the weapons in this game. The first time i got the sniper rifle, I wasted all of my ammo trying to hit one guy, AND NEVER HIT HIM, though my crosshairs were on him every time. Then, randomly, I fire and it kills a guy instantly. Then, of course, I can't hit the next guy with 4 bullets and the crosshairs across hisBesides the general gameplay problems, there are serious glitches with the weapons in this game. The first time i got the sniper rifle, I wasted all of my ammo trying to hit one guy, AND NEVER HIT HIM, though my crosshairs were on him every time. Then, randomly, I fire and it kills a guy instantly. Then, of course, I can't hit the next guy with 4 bullets and the crosshairs across his noggin. I just refuse to play this and waste my time. Expand
  55. Oct 9, 2011
    This game is FANTASTIC!! Works for me flawlessly. It is fluid, amazing graphics, good story (interesting post-apocalyptic setting), really cool characters (their face, animation, gestures --- personality!), and an amazing level of detail!! ...the Wasteland, and the settlements live and breathe.... ...and it is such a pleasure to play........ It is a really cool id game. A credibleThis game is FANTASTIC!! Works for me flawlessly. It is fluid, amazing graphics, good story (interesting post-apocalyptic setting), really cool characters (their face, animation, gestures --- personality!), and an amazing level of detail!! ...the Wasteland, and the settlements live and breathe.... ...and it is such a pleasure to play........ It is a really cool id game. A credible successor to Doom. ...maybe not as revolutionary, as Doom was back then, but still, Rage is an absolutely massive FPS!!!! :))) GO GET SOME!!!! Expand
  56. Oct 9, 2011
    I am amazed at this game, it is beautiful to look at, the sounds are epic, voice acting good and believable, though let down by a poor story and short campaign and the well reported graphic driver issues.
    However i must have been the lucky one as ive had no graphical issues at all, the game has been smooth and without errors throughout.
    Hopefully some DLC soon :) Graphics = 10
    Hopefully some DLC soon :)

Graphics = 10 some of the most believeable and expression full NPC chars ive seen.
    Sound = 8 Music is a bit "Full On" at times, though builds tension nicely for the many pant filling set-pieces
    Gameplay = 8 Too short and story doesnt really go anywhere until a very abrupt ending, with no options to conitnue post end sequence.
    Value = 8 15 hours it took me to complete, work the price out :)
  57. Oct 10, 2011
    I purchased RAGE for PC after the patch and latest nVidia drivers came out. I'm having a lot of fun with this game and zero technical problems. id software has brought their classic shooter style into the modern generation. They must have some great artists on the team. NPCs have a lot of character and style. Very highly polished. The cities provide a nice break from the constantI purchased RAGE for PC after the patch and latest nVidia drivers came out. I'm having a lot of fun with this game and zero technical problems. id software has brought their classic shooter style into the modern generation. They must have some great artists on the team. NPCs have a lot of character and style. Very highly polished. The cities provide a nice break from the constant action of previous games. Driving is fun and rewarding. There is a good range of melee and distance fighting. Graphics are sometimes stunning and sometimes a blurry mess. Textures are crap up close, but this only detracts occasionally from the game. This is one of those games I find myself thinking about when I can't be playing. There is really nothing like this game with mix of quest-giver filled cities, classic FPS action, racing, and vehicle combat. Expand
  58. Oct 10, 2011
    Looks sick and runs great on a 560 GTX. Had no problems with installation and getting it to run out of the box. Except the fact that I had to have an internet connection hooked up to steam, blah. Guns feels good and the artwork is amazing. 4 hours into the game and I can't wait to play more and find out more clues about whats going on. I wish I could tweak the texture res because I know myLooks sick and runs great on a 560 GTX. Had no problems with installation and getting it to run out of the box. Except the fact that I had to have an internet connection hooked up to steam, blah. Guns feels good and the artwork is amazing. 4 hours into the game and I can't wait to play more and find out more clues about whats going on. I wish I could tweak the texture res because I know my PC can do better. Lastly, I am convinced the Art Directors of Borderlands and Rage are brothers. Expand
  59. Jun 2, 2012
    This is probably best game of the year. Not too much RPG elements but just enough to put some variety in game and provide awesome fun to shooter fans. RPG fans would probably not love Rage that much because it's too much packed with action. Fallout boring is much more recommended, so advice to all RPG fans to keep as far possible.

There are also 2 bad things in the game. 1) Don't want

There are also 2 bad things in the game. 1) Don't want to provide spoilers but ending is really BAD!
    2) In my opinion creators were in some kind of rush with deadlines. While first part of the game is perfect 2nd part looks somehow "unfinished".
  60. Oct 17, 2011
    I didn't have near as many problems as most people getting it to run. AMD's driver update and a custom config that I copy 'n pasted did the trick. Still, -1 for having issues at all. Graphically this game is a bit disappointing. It's not terrible, but blurry textures and not much small detail like grass. Almost everything is very static. Besides the technical issues, the gameplay is reallyI didn't have near as many problems as most people getting it to run. AMD's driver update and a custom config that I copy 'n pasted did the trick. Still, -1 for having issues at all. Graphically this game is a bit disappointing. It's not terrible, but blurry textures and not much small detail like grass. Almost everything is very static. Besides the technical issues, the gameplay is really fun. It's definitely a classic shooter with being able to hold 10 weapons and having HP (although it does regen). Bots, turrets, dynamite bolts, and pop rockets are a few of the craftable items that make combat all the more fun. Enemies dodge and cover and roll to give a good challenge. Story was mediocre but certainly passable, and most of the NPCs were quite original and charming. I definitely recommend playing it once the technical issues are fixed. Expand
  61. Oct 19, 2011
    I registered here just to defend this game. I'm a long-time id software fan going right back to Doom, but I'm not a fanboy. I hated Quake 3 Team Arena and Enemy Territory for instance. Anyway, I had to buy this game to see the new engine and see what Cormack and co have been up to. Initially I was fairly disappointed by buggy graphics, texture creep and screen tearing, but the recentI registered here just to defend this game. I'm a long-time id software fan going right back to Doom, but I'm not a fanboy. I hated Quake 3 Team Arena and Enemy Territory for instance. Anyway, I had to buy this game to see the new engine and see what Cormack and co have been up to. Initially I was fairly disappointed by buggy graphics, texture creep and screen tearing, but the recent patches to the game and updated video drivers have essentially solved these problems. I'm now getting a beatiful graphical experience with no tearing, minimal texture pop-up and a solid 60FPS. (Q6600 @3GHz, 560Ti 2GB VRAM, 4GB RAM, 1280x1024).

The gameplay is reasonably simplistic, post-apocalyptic, quest driven FPS/RPG. However, it is certainly cut from the same cloth as Doom and Quake. I constantly find myself smiling away as I circle-strafe round mutants fragging left, right and centre. I didn't realise how much I miss the action-arcade style of FPS since everything's gotten a bit too realistic and creepy-creepy, one-shot-one-kill. This is nothing like that and all the better for it.

The driving elements are again fairly simplistic, but well executed and they add value.

This is the most fun I've had on my PC for quite some time. The graphics are definitely next-gen and the bugs are largely fixed (on my setup at least). I think it's a shame this game had such a troubled launch. It deserves to do well.
  62. Oct 22, 2011
    I don't know why everyone is giving negative reviews to this game. Sure it had texture ripping and popping at the start but that was fixed within the week of it's release, couple of days even. The game looks great, some of the best graphics and attention to detail I've seen in a game to date. To review that game for what it is I think you need to take a look at the developer id. The gamesI don't know why everyone is giving negative reviews to this game. Sure it had texture ripping and popping at the start but that was fixed within the week of it's release, couple of days even. The game looks great, some of the best graphics and attention to detail I've seen in a game to date. To review that game for what it is I think you need to take a look at the developer id. The games they have always put out have been straight up FPS games that push the quality of graphics forward. They have never put out a game with a solid story but they are moving towards that. The combat parts of this game are very solid and are what its all about. I can see what id is trying to do, they are trying to make a more well rounded game not just a straight up shooter. This missed the mark by a bit but they aren't too far off. The story isn't the strongest and you should be able to customize your guns to your own liking, that's why I only gave it a 9. The game really shows me the potential for games coming out of id after this. The game engine is there, the graphics and level of detail are defiantly there, they just need to work on the story and RPG elements a little bit and they will have one of the most popular titles out. Bring on RAGE 2! Expand
  63. Feb 4, 2012
    Rage brought me back to fps. Really. Its really fun straight forward shooter with some rpg elements. The shooting which is the most important part of FPS feels really great for each weapon. The animations and reactions on bullet hits are amazing. Long time I have not enjoyed fps so much. This is truly old scool shooter with some up to date elements. I didi not fall for the racing segments,Rage brought me back to fps. Really. Its really fun straight forward shooter with some rpg elements. The shooting which is the most important part of FPS feels really great for each weapon. The animations and reactions on bullet hits are amazing. Long time I have not enjoyed fps so much. This is truly old scool shooter with some up to date elements. I didi not fall for the racing segments, but Its nice addition. The detail of grpahics is absolutly stunning. Simply I really like thi game. The biggest issue for me is why they did not implement some classic DM,TDM arenas for multiplayer and stick only to racing. Hopefully the will in future, because with that good handled shooting it would be a waste. Expand
  64. Feb 3, 2012
    Just amazing. If it´s a copy or not from other games i don´t know, but note, many industries does that, all fps are doom clone =p It´s too hard to find a new game that runs up to 30fps in a intel HD 3000, congratilations id software, you didn´t disapoint me with rage... People talk they pass in one day this game, only if they haventJust amazing. If it´s a copy or not from other games i don´t know, but note, many industries does that, all fps are doom clone =p It´s too hard to find a new game that runs up to 30fps in a intel HD 3000, congratilations id software, you didn´t disapoint me with rage... People talk they pass in one day this game, only if they havent social lifes and spend all the day in the game, i´ve passed more than 3 weeks and didn´t complete tha game xd, and the bad part, i miss many things that i didn´t know =/, i´ll need to re-complete again for the full complete mission.

Again, congratilations id software for again i receive from you the best from you!!!
  65. Dec 17, 2011
    rage was a good game and i really enjoy it specially the dead city mission.but it has a very big problem and that was its graphic because it take 5 or more seconds to render the picture.it could be the best shooter in VGA 2011.I enjoyed it.
  66. Dec 31, 2012
    Well what a great game, Good graphics fun car battles and slick and interesting weaponry. What really makes this game stand out is the plot and some mission have you jumping out your seat in surprise or fearing moving around the next corner for fear of what might be there. For £7 buy it now!
  67. Oct 5, 2011
    wow look what the critic's give this and then what the players give it. Me thinks someone is maybe getting something for giving this a better then it should get review........................this game is a TURD and at 59.99 its evil what ID did shame on them and everyone that works there id like to see how they dig them selfs out of this lie hole. I know pc games will not launch bugwow look what the critic's give this and then what the players give it. Me thinks someone is maybe getting something for giving this a better then it should get review........................this game is a TURD and at 59.99 its evil what ID did shame on them and everyone that works there id like to see how they dig them selfs out of this lie hole. I know pc games will not launch bug free but this game is nasty bad with bugs makes you think nobody at ID played it before the put it out because they were to busy wineing and dinning the Critic's. SHAME Expand
  68. Oct 8, 2011
    I loved the game visuals and it's interesting story. It had it's flaws and it felt that the game was not delivering what it's promised. The weapon upgrades aren't in fact weapon upgrades, but different types of bullets.
    I have the say that it was fun while it lasted.
    I have the say that it was fun while it lasted.
    The game is pretty bugged at the moment, so buying it for now it's only going to be a waste of money. But in the future when the game gets more stable It will be a blast.
  69. Oct 10, 2011
    A solid campaign of 20 hours for racers and shooters. Though the story gets a bit too thin, there is a lot to be explored if you have the time and energy. A rich and rewarding game that loses points only on its story and technical short comings which I'm sure a company like ID software will streamline over time. There is much fun to be had and I feel some of the reviews are biased.A solid campaign of 20 hours for racers and shooters. Though the story gets a bit too thin, there is a lot to be explored if you have the time and energy. A rich and rewarding game that loses points only on its story and technical short comings which I'm sure a company like ID software will streamline over time. There is much fun to be had and I feel some of the reviews are biased. Compared to some higher rated games on this page this game vastly succeeds them in every way. Unfortunately that is the price of user reviews... To summarize; The good: Vast world, solid game play, fun weapons and vehicles. The bad: Graphic glitches, Weak story. Expand
  70. Oct 10, 2011
    All of these ATI users are coming here bashing Rage when it's ATI at fault, not id. Blame yourself for buying an ATI for gaming purposes, then go blame ATI for not getting their act together. Thousands of Nvidia users like myself have been playing Rage since day one without a single issue. I'm on my second play through and it's been a blast! How can you ATI users review a game and giveAll of these ATI users are coming here bashing Rage when it's ATI at fault, not id. Blame yourself for buying an ATI for gaming purposes, then go blame ATI for not getting their act together. Thousands of Nvidia users like myself have been playing Rage since day one without a single issue. I'm on my second play through and it's been a blast! How can you ATI users review a game and give it a 0 when you haven't even played it yet?! The gunplay is top notch. Weapons are interesting but familiar, but the ammo additions are pretty neat. You also get some secondary weapons that are really cool like EMP grenades, wingsticks (which are like a boomerang but decapitates, sentry bots, and turrets. The racing was a lot of fun and typically I hate racing games - but in Rage it took me back to the early Blizzard days of Rock 'n Roll Racing. I'll def continue to race in the multiplayer. The story isn't as deep as say Fallout 3, but then again this is not an RPG. Rage is a shooter. It's not supposed to have a deep story to satisfy roleplayers. However, I didn't see anyone giving COD4 a 0 cause it has a generic story. Basically this game is getting a bad wrap because of the ATI driver issue, which is in no way id's fault. Nvidia users are playing the game just fine and many of us are enjoying it very much so. If you are an Nvidia user I highly recommend you try the game. Give it a fair shake cause it really does rock. Just keep in mind it is a shooter at heart, not an RPG. For you ATI users out there, I recommend you go buy an Nvidia card first and foremost so you can stop blaming the game devs for ATI's inability to develop decent drivers. Then I recommend you try actually playing Rage before you review the game. Expand
  71. Oct 23, 2011
    Please don't listen to all the bad reviews about this game! It wasn't the best game I've ever played but is definitely worth a playthrough. The graphics, gameplay, story, voice acting and everything else are good. I ran it with my ancient 9800 GT graphics card and a core 2 duo and have none of the performance issues people mentioned. I would give this game a 7.5 but since the game got soPlease don't listen to all the bad reviews about this game! It wasn't the best game I've ever played but is definitely worth a playthrough. The graphics, gameplay, story, voice acting and everything else are good. I ran it with my ancient 9800 GT graphics card and a core 2 duo and have none of the performance issues people mentioned. I would give this game a 7.5 but since the game got so many negative reviews i'm giving it a 10. I suspect many of the negative reviews are from the same person with different accounts and idiots who have nothing better to do than complain about a decent game! Watch out for obsessive fans who are biased against a game before it has even been released. Expand
  72. Oct 22, 2011
    I would normally have given this game an 8, but it is getting such a bad rap that I had to give it a 10. The graphics are beautiful (just a little flickering), the game play is great, and the game detail is really good. This game reminds me of Fallout 3. It is not as open-ended, you do not have as much freedom in the game as you do in Fallout, and Rage is more of a first person shooterI would normally have given this game an 8, but it is getting such a bad rap that I had to give it a 10. The graphics are beautiful (just a little flickering), the game play is great, and the game detail is really good. This game reminds me of Fallout 3. It is not as open-ended, you do not have as much freedom in the game as you do in Fallout, and Rage is more of a first person shooter than a role playing shooter like Fallout. I felt the game was worth the price (of course I think Fallout 3 is a real bargain). I had a little difficulty with the anti-aliasing, had to set it at 2 to keep the game from crashing occasional. I played it through on the average difficulty in 33 hours, and I will be playing it again at a higher level of difficulty. Expand
  73. Oct 6, 2011
    Being one of the lucky few who experienced no technical issues with the game, I can say that I've thoroughly enjoyed Rage. Story and dialog are mediocre, but that's par for the course with id. Graphically, the level of detail is staggering. The megatexturing gives the city scenes and wide vistas a realistic level of detail with none of the immersion-breaking repeating texture artifacts youBeing one of the lucky few who experienced no technical issues with the game, I can say that I've thoroughly enjoyed Rage. Story and dialog are mediocre, but that's par for the course with id. Graphically, the level of detail is staggering. The megatexturing gives the city scenes and wide vistas a realistic level of detail with none of the immersion-breaking repeating texture artifacts you see in most games, and the character animations and texture details are excellent. Gameplay is not revolutionary, but it is solid and well polished, both in terms of shooting and driving. Expand
  74. Oct 11, 2011
    After finally getting the right video drivers for my E8400 and 5850, to get smooth FPS, the game was nice.
    Cool enemy animations, sick outdoor design, with themes of flesh and mech, as with all id tech games. Plus little bit rpg elements.
    Not really worth 60 bucks, unless you're fan of grotesque art style games, I guess, with classic sawed off double barrel shotty action.
  75. Oct 6, 2011
    To all those whiners: How can und play and review a PC game that has not yet been released???

The game will unlock on Steam October 7th. So you actually haven´t played it or you´re all thieves.
  76. Oct 9, 2011
    Overall, rage is a great game. I was not unhappy with the product, but I knew what I was getting when I pre-ordered it: FPS and Racing. Rage is NOT an RPG, so stop comparing the story to Fall Out. Yes, names like 'the authority' and 'the resistance' are cringe-worthy, but who honestly cares what they're called. Who cares if the story is linear IN AN FPS, the world is still open and you canOverall, rage is a great game. I was not unhappy with the product, but I knew what I was getting when I pre-ordered it: FPS and Racing. Rage is NOT an RPG, so stop comparing the story to Fall Out. Yes, names like 'the authority' and 'the resistance' are cringe-worthy, but who honestly cares what they're called. Who cares if the story is linear IN AN FPS, the world is still open and you can solve missions as you please.

Honestly, most reviewers fail to mention the main draw to Rage: ATTENTION TO DETAIL FOR THE THINGS THAT COUNT. Sound, Models, Animation, and Environments are all incredibly detailed and well done. Yes, the interface in some of the mini-game dialogs was obviously designed for consoles and they didn't add in good mouse support. The voice acting is good, even if the dialog is plain / predictable like the story. I guess they could have gone the extra mile and hired a better writer for the dialog and main story, but I'm only marking off a little for the weaker points. I've been a PC gamer since 1994; I don't understand all the PC Gamer hate. I guess they feel abandoned by one of the last great PC game makers.
  77. Oct 21, 2011
    I understand the harsh critics and low score the game has gotten due to technical problems. As for myself though, I only had to set one setting to get rid of tearing, and then ran flawlessly ever since. On to the game, while the textures are sort of muddy up close with certain objects, I find the world, atmospheric, and it runs very fluid, so it's a good tradeoff in my opinion. WorstI understand the harsh critics and low score the game has gotten due to technical problems. As for myself though, I only had to set one setting to get rid of tearing, and then ran flawlessly ever since. On to the game, while the textures are sort of muddy up close with certain objects, I find the world, atmospheric, and it runs very fluid, so it's a good tradeoff in my opinion. Worst thing for playability is stuttering and uneven framerates.

It's a game which mixes classical FPS, with some crazy driving physics and a bit of RPG, and it's not to be expected all parts come off flawlessly, or in great depth. The story is neglible, but it gives some context for your actions, the RPG bit, or rather, the fact that you got money and items and are able to make stuff - , I like it a lot, it's simple, but I wouldn't want a more intricate system, as it'd just slow down the pace. I have no great grudges against the game, it took me a week+ of casual gaming to finish, spending time with minigames and generally fooling around. Although, the end was kind of a anti climax. And what's the point wiht turrets vs spider sentry when they so easily may be tipped over? And you can't pick it up afterwards without dismantling into loot - unless it didnt fire at all that is, which helps a bit. But I don't see any reason to use it instead of spider in any situation.
  78. Oct 20, 2011
    I'm thoroughly enjoying this game. It has a great steampunk kind of feel to it, and in places is very atmospheric and absorbing. I'm not quite so impressed with the driving aspect, but the FPS parts are first class. The level design is slightly jarring in that after you complete a level, the geography has always looped back to the entrance, sparing you from having to retrace your steps.I'm thoroughly enjoying this game. It has a great steampunk kind of feel to it, and in places is very atmospheric and absorbing. I'm not quite so impressed with the driving aspect, but the FPS parts are first class. The level design is slightly jarring in that after you complete a level, the geography has always looped back to the entrance, sparing you from having to retrace your steps. The visuals encountered in the game are simply breathtaking. I remember 10 years ago seeing single frames of this sort of photorealistic quality take literally hours to render. To play games with a decent frame rate and graphics this good is truly a pleasure.

In terms of hardware and associated issues, my PC is a few years old with a fairly recent graphics card. It has 2.4ghz core duo / 2 GB RAM / Nvidia 260 GTX. Apart from the initial vsync / tearing issue, which has now been resolved with a vsync option, I haven't had any problems with the game. I highly recommend Rage.
  79. Oct 20, 2011
    Obviously this game is very polarizing and controversial. The game was effectively broken when I got it, but after tweaking and patches it became playable, which is the version I am basing this score on.

Graphically the game varies from innovative and beautiful to surprisingly ugly when you get close to objects. The game play, namely the shooting and racing is great. The weapons are fun and "feel" powerful; the enemy animations are some of the best. The racing portions are accessible and fun. As an RPG your freedom and decision making is really too limited, itâ
  80. Dec 31, 2011
    Honestly, I think the game is great. Story is fine, and I just love the game. I'm only giving it an 8 because of how poorly the game was ported onto PC. The developers should have spent more time improving the graphics, as they look absolutely terrible, for a game that has been developed in fast changing times like these. I have heard some people stating that the graphics look good onHonestly, I think the game is great. Story is fine, and I just love the game. I'm only giving it an 8 because of how poorly the game was ported onto PC. The developers should have spent more time improving the graphics, as they look absolutely terrible, for a game that has been developed in fast changing times like these. I have heard some people stating that the graphics look good on their PC's, but I don't really know about it. Apart from these issues, it's a good game. I'm saddened to see so many people give the game only a 0 or 1, solely in response to the graphics. Nowadays gamers are only pointing out the bad things about most games today. Hopefully that will change. Expand
  81. Jan 18, 2012
    Fun but horrible. The"story" is just an excuse to kill enemies, but the "Dead City" missions was amazing. The gunplay is where RAGE excels. Everything is fast and reactive, and the variety of weapons and amoo will keep you from getting bored. The side missions are a nice distraction. They yield a few hours of gameplay, not including the car combat, which is amazingly crafted. The id tech 5Fun but horrible. The"story" is just an excuse to kill enemies, but the "Dead City" missions was amazing. The gunplay is where RAGE excels. Everything is fast and reactive, and the variety of weapons and amoo will keep you from getting bored. The side missions are a nice distraction. They yield a few hours of gameplay, not including the car combat, which is amazingly crafted. The id tech 5 pushes out some amazing graphics too. The co-op is nice, but again, nothing more than a distraction. Fighting mutants is enjoyable and fast paced, nut fighting Authority and Bandits is popping in and out of cover. Play RAGE for the combat, not the story. Expand
  82. Feb 17, 2012
    I really, truly mean a 10. This is not a score to cancel out any other score or some misplaced sense of duty to id. I really had a degree of enjoyment with this game that surprised me, especially seeing most people's reaction. Yes, the textures are blurry up close. This is a game that appeals to an art museum perspective, that is, from a distant viewpoint for the greatest reaction. I findI really, truly mean a 10. This is not a score to cancel out any other score or some misplaced sense of duty to id. I really had a degree of enjoyment with this game that surprised me, especially seeing most people's reaction. Yes, the textures are blurry up close. This is a game that appeals to an art museum perspective, that is, from a distant viewpoint for the greatest reaction. I find so little to actually complain about- you have perfect fps controls, excellent driving, a toolset of different combat options that remind me of half life 2 or crysis or bioshock in terms of open-ended-ness. The enemy animations are so far beyond most games it's not worth comparing. The plot/narrative characterization won't win any awards, but the environmental storytelling will. It is its own character and it succeeds on many levels. That aesthetic direction appeals to my personal sensibilities more than others, clearly. And that's fine. I played this on the hardest difficulty right off the bat, and i think it's the right decision for an advanced pc fps gamer. (i am by no means a CS fiend or any kind of savant, btw)...............Just enjoy it for what it is/was....we probably won't see a return to the universe of rage's wasteland. Expand
  83. Dec 23, 2011
    Boring story, but funny game :)
    Yeah, with some graphic bugs.. And don't bad multiplayer!
    Well, if you like Fallout 3 and Boderlands-you must buy it!
  84. Aug 17, 2012
    A very nice and fun shooter that is so much in one game. The game is open world but also has designed levels, it's an RPG, and even a racing game.
    I'm not a fan of racing games but the car controls in this game are excellent and just perfect for me, you also use your car to fight enemies in the open road , you grab a mission from someone and use your car to go the destination you needed. The game has a bit of a retro feel to it, there is no limit to the guns you carry or hell! there is no limit to the ammo either and there are plenty of enemies to kill in this game. Also there are Iron Sights which I hate in FPS but you don't have to use it, the crosshair works just fine with all weapons besides the Sniper of course. The game has towns with NPCs that give you quests and sell you stuff like ammunition and ingredients for crafting, and also there are very fun minigames throughout the game. The levels are well designed and the overall the storyline is nice, although the ending didn't feel like I finished the game, it just felt like it ended in the middle...
  85. Oct 23, 2011
    0's? Really? This game is worth much more than a 0. If you are complaining about low FPS or texture pop in's, just google the fixes. There are plenty of them that work. As well as 8/16k textures if your card/s can handle it. If you spent $3000 on a PC and this game doesn't run at 100+fps then you have to do more research before buying parts and learn how to maintain it. The game is great,0's? Really? This game is worth much more than a 0. If you are complaining about low FPS or texture pop in's, just google the fixes. There are plenty of them that work. As well as 8/16k textures if your card/s can handle it. If you spent $3000 on a PC and this game doesn't run at 100+fps then you have to do more research before buying parts and learn how to maintain it. The game is great, runs perfectly and plays perfectly. Stop hating on it. Expand
  86. Sep 27, 2012
    I really wanted to give this game a low score - it so clearly a bad port from consoles, where I cannot even configure the number pad separately from anything else - I mean it so aggravating, it's aggrifying (horrifyingly aggravating). That said, the is addictively fun. It is an very linear FPS with a bare but serviceable story, but everything clicked - for meat least: simple but funI really wanted to give this game a low score - it so clearly a bad port from consoles, where I cannot even configure the number pad separately from anything else - I mean it so aggravating, it's aggrifying (horrifyingly aggravating). That said, the is addictively fun. It is an very linear FPS with a bare but serviceable story, but everything clicked - for meat least: simple but fun racing, a good shoot em up, the beautiful scenery, the story, and the building weapons, even the minigames were both original and fun and that never happens. The FPS elements are awesomely butter smooth - I have never seen AI so good at evading you while coming toward the player AND the most amazing thing I ever have seen - actual acknowledgement of where they got shot. If you shoot an opponent in the side, he will grab his side; if you shoot him in the leg, he will limp. Also, they acknowledge your weapons and take evasive action accordingly ("watch out he is has a wingstick!"). I had a lot of fun customizing and building weapons; it's sort of up to you - do you prefer to build robots to walk alongside you, or just buy lots of armor and shoot it out. They have a stealth system but it's very very primitive at best, but you can try it. Finally, even though the game is not very hard per se (even Hard was very easy but hard on your ammo), they do keep uping the challenge level as you go, with enemies having more armor, or using creative tactics. At first, I though ho-hum they will just keep reusing the same space with the same boring enemies - they do reusue a lot of space, but it's done creatively and also there are some stunning surprises like Dead City or the Jackal bandits which was nothing short of AMAZING. So, I'll give it an 8, even though arguably it is really a 7. Expand
  87. Nov 11, 2012
    RAGE is certainly not the greatest game ever made. At first it was pretty much impossible to play on PC, but that's been fixed now. And it's much easier to see just how fun the game really it. It still has it's cons, I didn't really think much of the multiplayer and the story was fairly weak. But with them out the way, RAGE is great fun to play. The graphics are amazing, the action isRAGE is certainly not the greatest game ever made. At first it was pretty much impossible to play on PC, but that's been fixed now. And it's much easier to see just how fun the game really it. It still has it's cons, I didn't really think much of the multiplayer and the story was fairly weak. But with them out the way, RAGE is great fun to play. The graphics are amazing, the action is enjoyable, the driving is fun, the minigames are fairly interesting. The concept is also amazing, although it could've been executed better. I see why other don't like this, but I love it. Expand
  88. Oct 28, 2012
    id software is back on top form with this knock-out shooter. Rage is set in a post apocalyptic future after an asteroid hits the Earth, only a small handful of humanity survived and you attempt to rebuild humanity through help of the Resistance. Whilst the game comes on 3 discs it only lasts you around 12 hours for a straight run, 18 hours roughly to do all the side missions and extras.id software is back on top form with this knock-out shooter. Rage is set in a post apocalyptic future after an asteroid hits the Earth, only a small handful of humanity survived and you attempt to rebuild humanity through help of the Resistance. Whilst the game comes on 3 discs it only lasts you around 12 hours for a straight run, 18 hours roughly to do all the side missions and extras. Rage is not a long game and its story is fairly weak with a cop-out ending but the shooting is masterful and the graphics are gob smacking. Usually I wouldn't rate a game this high without a impressive story to back it up but Rage has that old timely feel to it that has managed to blend into modern shooter mechanics making it a near perfect shooter. The PC version is slightly better than the console versions due to its higher graphical standard and it being made for PC to begin with. Expand
  89. Aug 7, 2012
    Bored of all my present games, I keep getting new ones hoping something will keep me entertained, this one did it. Yeah it's a bit linear, not a sandbox for the most part, but it's actually been really fun! Kind of reminds me of borderlands, but I always hated the sketched cartoon look of borderlands. I also wasnt that crazy about the leveling system. This game does away with all the stuffBored of all my present games, I keep getting new ones hoping something will keep me entertained, this one did it. Yeah it's a bit linear, not a sandbox for the most part, but it's actually been really fun! Kind of reminds me of borderlands, but I always hated the sketched cartoon look of borderlands. I also wasnt that crazy about the leveling system. This game does away with all the stuff I did not like about borderlands, in fact, prior to playing borderlands this game is what I thought borderlands would be.

The graphics (artwork) are top notch, and honestly they put alot of work in on artwork, and acting is good. Every new area I go to I find myself looking around and taking it in. Get this on a steam sale and you can't go wrong IMO.

I read alot about bugs and bad filters on this game but I experienced none of that on my system. i7 proc with 8ghz ram and 560 Ti Nvidia graphix card. All settings maxed out, 60 frames with a few drops in towns, but only like five frames here and there.

Hope this helped some bored dude like me.

PS
    I gave it 9 out of 10 because I am a big fan of sandbox games, and the co-op is a bit weak. You should be able to do the entire game in co-op, not just a few missions. Nice bonus they had that at least because that is what made me buy it to try it.
  90. Oct 7, 2012
    Muy Buen Shooter, buenos gráficos, variedad de armas y municiones, armamentos de ingenieria, buenos escenarios. Lo malo, no epic final.

Aún así muy recomendable
  91. Nov 13, 2012
    I guess i've been one of the fortunate ones that has NEVER had an issue with this game. No bugs, no glitches, nothing. My only complaint with this gameplay, is it's way too easy. The locked config files preventing us from disabling the auto-heal, which would have made this game harder. Overall, fantastic gunplay and weapons, although the shotgun is ridiculously over-powered, greatI guess i've been one of the fortunate ones that has NEVER had an issue with this game. No bugs, no glitches, nothing. My only complaint with this gameplay, is it's way too easy. The locked config files preventing us from disabling the auto-heal, which would have made this game harder. Overall, fantastic gunplay and weapons, although the shotgun is ridiculously over-powered, great graphics (except really up close) and a decent story that should have been expanded upon more. Would have been a 9, except the game was hindered by quite possibly the worst ending i've ever seen. Expand
  92. Nov 13, 2015
    Rather than write a review for Fallout 4, I thought I'd stop back and give a short review to Rage instead since it has reminded me alot of Rage in my experiences with it so far. The main differences being that Fallout 4 is more of a stat based shooter than just aim here and shoot there--but make no mistake, Fallout 4 is a shooter. Made me wish it had as good as controls as Rage does.

I

I think Rage could have done with some better marketing and hiring lore guys to make up stories for the world based on the artists who went out of their way with details like sculptures and graffiti. This is a really long shooter, maybe 30-40 hours. I would have labeled it an adventure shooter rather than pushing it to be a shooter with rpg elements. It's better than a game like Borderlands, much better. I'd almost say it was like Zelda or Metroid aside from the fact that some of the things you acquire aren't necessarily require while some are. Yes, Metroid mixed with lore like Mass Effect would have been the perfect mix for this game.

Here's hoping Rage gets a sequel as good as the first...or better taking real criticism to heart.
  93. Jan 10, 2013
    i just picked this game up for a serious discount and i would have to say it was a steal. This game is fast paced and brilliantly fun to play. id games have a certain feel to them that other shooters just cant match IMO. Lots of people seem to complain about the graphics in the game for PC, but seriously easy to fix with a config file to change the textures to 4k, 8k or 16k textures. I rani just picked this game up for a serious discount and i would have to say it was a steal. This game is fast paced and brilliantly fun to play. id games have a certain feel to them that other shooters just cant match IMO. Lots of people seem to complain about the graphics in the game for PC, but seriously easy to fix with a config file to change the textures to 4k, 8k or 16k textures. I ran the game with 8k textures and it looked amazing with my 7950 and it ran 40FPS+. The biggest issue with the graphics is texture quality when close to objects which is common but with stock graphics the textures are some of the worst ive seen up close in a while but the 8k "mod" fixes a lot of this. I know people **** saying well we shouldnt have to make a config file to up graphic quality, fact of the matter is people do this for all kinds of games and modding games is just part of PC gaming these days. id is old school and thats what i love about their games. They make their games linear which to me ups the fun, especially in frantic situations. nobody wants a open world doom game and i certainly dont want rage open world either. i recommend picking this up as far as i can tell there isnt many bugs in this game at all though i didnt go out of my way to find any either. Rage took me about 20 hours to beat (23 hours with the DLC) and that is completing all the little side missions and races. Which for a FPS this day and age is really good considering i beat most FPS games in 5-6 hours. There have been some patches that fixed a lot of the graphic options in the games settings so disregard older reviews of this game which state there are none. I loved how id stuck to their guns with this game and didnt conform it to more "modern" **** shooters that only let you carry 2 guns, carrying 9+ guns is just plain awesome. One feature i wish they would have left out was health regeneration but there are medpacks as well. Rage also includes very minor RPG elements as well that makes the game more interesting. You can craft things like turrets , rc car bombs medpacks, wingsticks are really fun to use decapitating enemies is just plain awesome. sure maybe the story is not up to par and the characters are uninteresting but when has id ever put a lot of stock into character development. This game is just plain fun up the difficulty though the normal setting seems more like very easy ramp it up to hard or higher. Expand
  94. Jan 14, 2013
    Despite all the negative user feedback, I decided to buy this game during a steam sale event. MAN am I glad I made that decision!! Since so many of these reviews are bias and subjective, I'll try to provide objectivity. Hands down, the graphics are some of the best Ive seen in a long time. Controls are easy to learn, and intuitive to any fps veteran. Combat is tough, dynamic andDespite all the negative user feedback, I decided to buy this game during a steam sale event. MAN am I glad I made that decision!! Since so many of these reviews are bias and subjective, I'll try to provide objectivity. Hands down, the graphics are some of the best Ive seen in a long time. Controls are easy to learn, and intuitive to any fps veteran. Combat is tough, dynamic and suspenseful. Different types of enemies provide a challenge, and an opportunity to creatively use all your fabricated weapons and explosive RC cars 8] . The characters models are fantastic and each one is different. The way they talk and the expressions they make are amazingly well made. I am so impressed with the attention to detail bethesda and id have taken in character personality. Back to killing - its just awesome. Shooting a guy in the ass makes him scream and pain and clutch his bum like its been bit by a ravenous donkey! Missions are engaging and entertaining - and usually provide some kind of perk or schematic for the players benefit. There are seemingly endless battles to be fought, and elixers to be made - boredom is a rarity. My few main gripes are this - The world has too many boundaries. Th player cant explore the cliffs or even jump over a car thats 2 ft off the ground - makes for an unrealistic restricted feel, which I dislike. Also, id has always made games with fun little secret doors, and locations for the true gamer who likes to explore. Rage provides little if anything like this. Overall, gameplay, gunplay, combat, the stories, and character modeling/ voice acting are all phenomenal, which is all I require to have a blast in any pc game. Enjoy it for everything it is! Expand
  95. Jul 30, 2013
    The bad reviews are outdated.

There are graphic fixes and guides for your setting which make result in a very enjoyable environment. Most bugs have been fixed (haven't experienced a single bug in my playthrough!). Note: graphics are instantly loaded into ram when entering a map; this can result in ~30 seconds of lag right at the start. However after that it's flawlessly fluent.
    The bad reviews are outdated.

However after that it's flawlessly fluent.

The game gives you a great variety of weapons right from the start which partwise transform into completely new weapons just by switching the ammo.

The story could have been better, but well it's not like CoD and Co had good stories either.

This game might have had it's issues, but they're gone now.

If you see this game on sale grab it!
    It's definitely enjoyable abd worth the money!
  96. Jun 22, 2016
    (Review from February of 2012, when Steam reviews were limited in length) RAGE is a damn good FPS. However, it is not without flaws. And coming from any other developer, those flaws would have been expected, maybe even acceptable. But from the fathers of FPS gaming, Id Software, RAGE felt rather underwhelming in the end. There was enough distinctive elements (the ability to carry every(Review from February of 2012, when Steam reviews were limited in length) RAGE is a damn good FPS. However, it is not without flaws. And coming from any other developer, those flaws would have been expected, maybe even acceptable. But from the fathers of FPS gaming, Id Software, RAGE felt rather underwhelming in the end. There was enough distinctive elements (the ability to carry every weapon, for instance) that was undeniably an Id Software game, yet it is stained by present-day conventions. The relatively drab color scheme doesn't bother me, Id has always been known for such and in the old days, that wasn't an issue. I'm not even bothered by the glaring graphical problems. The issue is, RAGE tried to be two things it shouldn't have been, and I don't have enough room in this box to go in-depth as to why. One, it tried to be a console game. Console games have too many limitations. Two, it tried to be "Borderlands with plot." Borderlands doesn't have a have a lot of plot because it's about fun, cooperative gameplay. At least the cars and guns were fun. Expand
  97. Aug 5, 2013
    Nearly 2 years after the release most of the problems solved, I still got some funky things going on with the graphics, it's not a big problem but it is annoying when you first start the game and seeing SMALL spider webs in the back ground, I am on an integrated garbage graphics card, a good bit better than recommended but still integrated. Anyways I'd like to say this was veryNearly 2 years after the release most of the problems solved, I still got some funky things going on with the graphics, it's not a big problem but it is annoying when you first start the game and seeing SMALL spider webs in the back ground, I am on an integrated garbage graphics card, a good bit better than recommended but still integrated. Anyways I'd like to say this was very enjoyable,especially early on! Getting new guns, obtaining/buying different ammo types enhances the weapons flavor.

The personalities are a bit more realistic something that you could expect in a wasteland like this, if you like BL2 personalities and expect that, don't. Because they aren't outrageous,inhumane, and stereotypical like in BL2.

The weapons Each weapon has purpose throughout the game because of their different ammo types
    There are plenty of weapons and you can keep them all on you, this game is also awesome because a lot of times you need to prepare, so you go to the store stock up on whats appropriate for the mission and go out and handle your business. By the end of the game, if you're an explorer type of player or you just want to do the main quest line, you will all end up with the same weapons, just explorer type of players will get them sooner, and also have a lot more money. It's too bad they couldn't reward explorers more though, but still fun and exciting to explore!

Schematics I wish they had more and I want to cut down the score by .5 because of it but thats only because the schematics are so cool I want more!!!! If they were garbage or just plain uninteresting or useless, I wouldn't care but the schematics feel great and you guys will love it!

The entire map There are many places to explore but they don't reward explorers as much as fallout for example, I know it's 2 different games but I don't see what the problem would be if they added more weapons, unique weapons, and weapons that can only be found by exploring.
    The landscape is beautiful sometimes you just need to sit back and just stare at the buildings details, the ground,rocks, sky. It's great!

Overall a great game, I usually don't finish games they bore me half way through or just plain piss me off with stupid game design decisions. But this game I finished and up until I ran out of optional things to do the game got a little less exciting. This game is a 15-25+ hour game and if you like this type of game, definitely get it! The only regret I have is paying discount price
  98. Jul 26, 2013
    One night, Fallout 3 had a drink or two at a local bar. There, she met Borderlands. A man with strong potential and people all around the world were interrested in him, just like they were interrested in her! There was a spark between them, and after a few more drinks of which the amount of alcohol could burn straight through the vault of a mob bank, they had some real sexy love making.One night, Fallout 3 had a drink or two at a local bar. There, she met Borderlands. A man with strong potential and people all around the world were interrested in him, just like they were interrested in her! There was a spark between them, and after a few more drinks of which the amount of alcohol could burn straight through the vault of a mob bank, they had some real sexy love making. From that, their baby was born. An unspoken child. "Rage". Although "Rage" may have daddy's eyes and mommy's body, "Rage" makes for an enjoyable and visually gorgeous experience you wouldn't want to miss out on. Expand
  99. Mar 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game deserves a "GG!". All of those so-called "bad reviews" were made in Rage's early days; when the game had just come out and still had problems (albeit big ones). Now however, the game has been out for about 1 1/2 years, and it has improved a lot. I bought it for 5$ on steam during a sale, and it was totally worth it. The fighting is fun and hilarious, both on foot and in the cars. The guns are awesome and the different types of ammo you get for the guns (my favorite so far is the Mind Control Bolts for the Striker Crossbow weapon) make them really dynamic. There is racing in the game (which at first, I was not all that excited about) but it turned out to be seriously cool. There are 4 different race types, "Time Trial", "Rally", "Non-combat", and "Combat". The Time Trial race is a SP race only, where you try to complete a race track 3 times before a timer runs out. The Rally race is an SP or MP race where racers compete to try and collect rally points that are scattered across the map, and the first to 50 points wins, with the rally points giving 5 points each. The multiplayer is not quite what I had thought it was, as you cannot do the entire campaign with a friend, but rather, you can do specific quests from the campaign with a twist to them. The physics is amazing. The way they react when you shoot them is phenomenal. You hit a helmeted enemy in the head, and he falls over and tries to recover. You hit a mutant in the leg as he charges you and he starts to trip. The AI is really smart, they know what you are doing and tell their friends what to do based on that. I take out 3 bandits out of a group of 5 and they yell, "Fall back! Don't let him get through!". One of the negatives however, was that, it was not quite as much of an open world game as I would have liked. It feels a little bit like there is one path to go down and there are only a few other places to go besides there, but they do it in such a way so you get used to it. Another negative I had was how short the game was (I finished the solo campaign in about 44 hours even though I did most of the side missions as well) but for 5-15$, I suppose I shouldn't have expected as much length (I Also, they don't do a good job explaining what the options do in the game. For example, there is an option in there called "GPU Transcode"...huh? What does that do/mean exactly? I turned it on and the benchmark went up by 50, so I left it on, but I would like to know what that means. All of the intro movies and all cutscenes are inescapable as well. So in the end, I take 1 point for the shortness and linearness, and 1 point for the other negatives I mentioned earlier. All in all, great game. Good luck in the Wasteland! Expand
  100. Mar 14, 2013
    This game is funny. I remember the movie mad max Run on the desert is beatifull and dangerous.
    The races are excelent too much hardcore.
    The weapons are excelent, real.

The only problem that make me sad DON' T HAVE A FINAL BOSS...
    without a final boss I only can put 8 points to score.

Id software are doing funny games, I'm wainting to the continuation
  101. Aug 7, 2012

Hope this helped some bored dude like me.

PS

1. PC Games (Russia)
    Nov 23, 2011
    A pretty, fast and aggressive shooter, striving in vain to be something more. [December 2011, p.62]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Nov 15, 2011
    Far from perfect Rage somehow is has fun post-apocalyptic action where the principles are set –fortunately – bit different than in other games of FPS genre. [Nov 2011]
  3. CD-Action
    Nov 9, 2011
    It seems id Software is still living in its golden days and failed to notice that times have changed since Doom and Quake. Rage is just a decent, linear, old school shooter combined awkwardly with an arcade racing game. The world is only 'kinda openish' and the story must have been written by the coders while they were compiling the alpha version. The game looks great though – if you're lucky enough to have the it run smoothly and without technical issues that haunt the PC version. [November 2011, p.46]