5.1

1. Oct 7, 2011
    10/10. This is the best shooter I've played in a long long time. I have never had this much pure fun factor since the 90's shooters. Don't let people in here that are too stupid to get it working right ruin a chance at enjoy this game. Did it have driver issues? Yep. Will it be fixed? Yep. Still, the game itself is GOTY this year unless Skyrim knocks it down. No more generic CoD / BF games here.
  2. Oct 11, 2011
    Once again i want to point out that the majority of the low scores for this game is due to people not being able to play the game cause of their old hardware.

If you have a good computer (read: new hardware) and it still does not run any good they are patching the game and there are several fixes that you can apply to be able to run the game properly. Stop trolling really and do

Stop trolling really and do something about it yourself, buy new hardware, update the game and drivers, apply fixes, there are so many ways you can improve your gaming experience instead of giving the game a low score cause you are lazy.

The game is fantastic, read my previous review for more information, currently playing the DLC which i find to be rather different from what i expected.

All in all a fun game, if you have issues solve them, don't be a idiot.
  3. Oct 6, 2011
    The mere fact that so many people have taken time out of their day to come here and post ludicrously low scores on the game simply because it has issues on launch day is pretty **** sad, tbh. How about you release a AAA, multi-platform game of this scale and see how **** easy it is to make it run consistently well on a platform as widely varied as PC before you **** your pants about someThe mere fact that so many people have taken time out of their day to come here and post ludicrously low scores on the game simply because it has issues on launch day is pretty **** sad, tbh. How about you release a AAA, multi-platform game of this scale and see how **** easy it is to make it run consistently well on a platform as widely varied as PC before you **** your pants about some release day bugs. Once you iron out the problems with the game, it's an absolute blast, as I expected. The action is fast paced and over the top, the arsenal large, varied and unrestricted, and the controls smooth and responsive. A lot of it is pretty standard Id fare (though hugely polished and modernized), but the rest of it is incredibly solid too. Ther story is passable, but honestly, anyone who is playing this looking for interesting character development and an engaging plot has clearly mixed up Id with Bioware or someone similar. For those that weren't for some retarded reason expecting Fallout 3 or Borderlands (both of which are inherently inferior in terms of their FPS mechanics) and instead were hoping for a polished Id FPS with light free roam elements and a polished racing mechanic, I think this game should be entirely satisfying. Expand
  4. Oct 6, 2011
    Awesome game! Good graphics, good sound, good racing, good AI, impressive arsenal, amazing shooting! Thanks id.
    Go Doom 4 and Rage 2 :) Haters gonna hate.
  5. Oct 8, 2011
    I have to say that i'm truly astounded by the ratings of 0 and 1 here,after 25 hours of game time so far not had any issue's,game runs very smoothly,no tearing or missing textures and 65fps. The game is beautiful as far as the graphics go,so much attention to detail,sound is wonderful and music is grand,control is a breeze and never had a single crash,very similar to Borderlands so i'mI have to say that i'm truly astounded by the ratings of 0 and 1 here,after 25 hours of game time so far not had any issue's,game runs very smoothly,no tearing or missing textures and 65fps. The game is beautiful as far as the graphics go,so much attention to detail,sound is wonderful and music is grand,control is a breeze and never had a single crash,very similar to Borderlands so i'm very happy as that is a favourite of mine,RAGE just feels like an extension of Borderlands if truth be told,this is more than i could have hoped for and works perfectly on my GT 440,for me this works perfectly and couldn't ask for more and certainly looks better than the 360 and ps3 versions as the pc doesn't have the same restrictions,a class act and i'm sure will get even better with more content and indeed a patch or two but for me it works great so a patch isn't required,90 % from me and yes am an indie developer and been playing hundred's of games since 1978. Expand
  6. Oct 7, 2011
    Besides the general gameplay problems, there are serious glitches with the weapons in this game. The first time i got the sniper rifle, I wasted all of my ammo trying to hit one guy, AND NEVER HIT HIM, though my crosshairs were on him every time. Then, randomly, I fire and it kills a guy instantly. Then, of course, I can't hit the next guy with 4 bullets and the crosshairs across hisBesides the general gameplay problems, there are serious glitches with the weapons in this game. The first time i got the sniper rifle, I wasted all of my ammo trying to hit one guy, AND NEVER HIT HIM, though my crosshairs were on him every time. Then, randomly, I fire and it kills a guy instantly. Then, of course, I can't hit the next guy with 4 bullets and the crosshairs across his noggin. I just refuse to play this and waste my time. Expand
  7. Oct 9, 2011
    This game is FANTASTIC!! Works for me flawlessly. It is fluid, amazing graphics, good story (interesting post-apocalyptic setting), really cool characters (their face, animation, gestures --- personality!), and an amazing level of detail!! ...the Wasteland, and the settlements live and breathe.... ...and it is such a pleasure to play........ It is a really cool id game. A credibleThis game is FANTASTIC!! Works for me flawlessly. It is fluid, amazing graphics, good story (interesting post-apocalyptic setting), really cool characters (their face, animation, gestures --- personality!), and an amazing level of detail!! ...the Wasteland, and the settlements live and breathe.... ...and it is such a pleasure to play........ It is a really cool id game. A credible successor to Doom. ...maybe not as revolutionary, as Doom was back then, but still, Rage is an absolutely massive FPS!!!! :))) GO GET SOME!!!! Expand
  8. Oct 10, 2011
    I purchased RAGE for PC after the patch and latest nVidia drivers came out. I'm having a lot of fun with this game and zero technical problems. id software has brought their classic shooter style into the modern generation. They must have some great artists on the team. NPCs have a lot of character and style. Very highly polished. The cities provide a nice break from the constantI purchased RAGE for PC after the patch and latest nVidia drivers came out. I'm having a lot of fun with this game and zero technical problems. id software has brought their classic shooter style into the modern generation. They must have some great artists on the team. NPCs have a lot of character and style. Very highly polished. The cities provide a nice break from the constant action of previous games. Driving is fun and rewarding. There is a good range of melee and distance fighting. Graphics are sometimes stunning and sometimes a blurry mess. Textures are crap up close, but this only detracts occasionally from the game. This is one of those games I find myself thinking about when I can't be playing. There is really nothing like this game with mix of quest-giver filled cities, classic FPS action, racing, and vehicle combat. Expand
  9. Oct 10, 2011
    Looks sick and runs great on a 560 GTX. Had no problems with installation and getting it to run out of the box. Except the fact that I had to have an internet connection hooked up to steam, blah. Guns feels good and the artwork is amazing. 4 hours into the game and I can't wait to play more and find out more clues about whats going on. I wish I could tweak the texture res because I know myLooks sick and runs great on a 560 GTX. Had no problems with installation and getting it to run out of the box. Except the fact that I had to have an internet connection hooked up to steam, blah. Guns feels good and the artwork is amazing. 4 hours into the game and I can't wait to play more and find out more clues about whats going on. I wish I could tweak the texture res because I know my PC can do better. Lastly, I am convinced the Art Directors of Borderlands and Rage are brothers. Expand
  10. Jun 2, 2012
    This is probably best game of the year. Not too much RPG elements but just enough to put some variety in game and provide awesome fun to shooter fans. RPG fans would probably not love Rage that much because it's too much packed with action. Fallout boring is much more recommended, so advice to all RPG fans to keep as far possible.

There are also 2 bad things in the game. 1) Don't want

There are also 2 bad things in the game. 1) Don't want to provide spoilers but ending is really BAD!
    2) In my opinion creators were in some kind of rush with deadlines. While first part of the game is perfect 2nd part looks somehow "unfinished".
  11. Oct 19, 2011
    I registered here just to defend this game. I'm a long-time id software fan going right back to Doom, but I'm not a fanboy. I hated Quake 3 Team Arena and Enemy Territory for instance. Anyway, I had to buy this game to see the new engine and see what Cormack and co have been up to. Initially I was fairly disappointed by buggy graphics, texture creep and screen tearing, but the recentI registered here just to defend this game. I'm a long-time id software fan going right back to Doom, but I'm not a fanboy. I hated Quake 3 Team Arena and Enemy Territory for instance. Anyway, I had to buy this game to see the new engine and see what Cormack and co have been up to. Initially I was fairly disappointed by buggy graphics, texture creep and screen tearing, but the recent patches to the game and updated video drivers have essentially solved these problems. I'm now getting a beatiful graphical experience with no tearing, minimal texture pop-up and a solid 60FPS. (Q6600 @3GHz, 560Ti 2GB VRAM, 4GB RAM, 1280x1024).

The gameplay is reasonably simplistic, post-apocalyptic, quest driven FPS/RPG. However, it is certainly cut from the same cloth as Doom and Quake. I constantly find myself smiling away as I circle-strafe round mutants fragging left, right and centre. I didn't realise how much I miss the action-arcade style of FPS since everything's gotten a bit too realistic and creepy-creepy, one-shot-one-kill. This is nothing like that and all the better for it.

The driving elements are again fairly simplistic, but well executed and they add value.

This is the most fun I've had on my PC for quite some time. The graphics are definitely next-gen and the bugs are largely fixed (on my setup at least). I think it's a shame this game had such a troubled launch. It deserves to do well.
  12. Oct 22, 2011
    I don't know why everyone is giving negative reviews to this game. Sure it had texture ripping and popping at the start but that was fixed within the week of it's release, couple of days even. The game looks great, some of the best graphics and attention to detail I've seen in a game to date. To review that game for what it is I think you need to take a look at the developer id. The gamesI don't know why everyone is giving negative reviews to this game. Sure it had texture ripping and popping at the start but that was fixed within the week of it's release, couple of days even. The game looks great, some of the best graphics and attention to detail I've seen in a game to date. To review that game for what it is I think you need to take a look at the developer id. The games they have always put out have been straight up FPS games that push the quality of graphics forward. They have never put out a game with a solid story but they are moving towards that. The combat parts of this game are very solid and are what its all about. I can see what id is trying to do, they are trying to make a more well rounded game not just a straight up shooter. This missed the mark by a bit but they aren't too far off. The story isn't the strongest and you should be able to customize your guns to your own liking, that's why I only gave it a 9. The game really shows me the potential for games coming out of id after this. The game engine is there, the graphics and level of detail are defiantly there, they just need to work on the story and RPG elements a little bit and they will have one of the most popular titles out. Bring on RAGE 2! Expand
  13. Feb 4, 2012
    Rage brought me back to fps. Really. Its really fun straight forward shooter with some rpg elements. The shooting which is the most important part of FPS feels really great for each weapon. The animations and reactions on bullet hits are amazing. Long time I have not enjoyed fps so much. This is truly old scool shooter with some up to date elements. I didi not fall for the racing segments,Rage brought me back to fps. Really. Its really fun straight forward shooter with some rpg elements. The shooting which is the most important part of FPS feels really great for each weapon. The animations and reactions on bullet hits are amazing. Long time I have not enjoyed fps so much. This is truly old scool shooter with some up to date elements. I didi not fall for the racing segments, but Its nice addition. The detail of grpahics is absolutly stunning. Simply I really like thi game. The biggest issue for me is why they did not implement some classic DM,TDM arenas for multiplayer and stick only to racing. Hopefully the will in future, because with that good handled shooting it would be a waste. Expand
  14. Feb 3, 2012
    Just amazing. If it´s a copy or not from other games i don´t know, but note, many industries does that, all fps are doom clone =p It´s too hard to find a new game that runs up to 30fps in a intel HD 3000, congratilations id software, you didn´t disapoint me with rage... People talk they pass in one day this game, only if they haventJust amazing. If it´s a copy or not from other games i don´t know, but note, many industries does that, all fps are doom clone =p It´s too hard to find a new game that runs up to 30fps in a intel HD 3000, congratilations id software, you didn´t disapoint me with rage... People talk they pass in one day this game, only if they havent social lifes and spend all the day in the game, i´ve passed more than 3 weeks and didn´t complete tha game xd, and the bad part, i miss many things that i didn´t know =/, i´ll need to re-complete again for the full complete mission.

Again, congratilations id software for again i receive from you the best from you!!!
  15. Feb 12, 2012
    Excellent game, I understand there were some problems around launch time with bad drivers (AMD is usually pretty bad when it comes to new games right?) and I believe also a lack of options in the video settings.

With those problems fixed now, along with other fixes and a few good patches the game is really pretty amazing. Has kept me fully enthralled over the last few days playing both single and multiplayer modes.

Really just a very underrated game here, the gunplay is so satisfying, it makes the gunplay in games like bf3 or mw3 feel 'soggy' if that makes sense. Sort of like the difference between typing on a nice high quality mechanical keyboard VS typing on an old beaten up cheapo dell rubber dome keyboard.

The story was a little lacking, and I would have liked to see a few more rpg-ish elements here and there, but overall it is just a blast, from the shooting to the driving to just being really fully sucked in to the world by the astoundingly good graphics (the sky in particular is really just amazing).
  16. Dec 31, 2012
    Well what a great game, Good graphics fun car battles and slick and interesting weaponry. What really makes this game stand out is the plot and some mission have you jumping out your seat in surprise or fearing moving around the next corner for fear of what might be there. For £7 buy it now!
  17. Oct 5, 2011
    wow look what the critic's give this and then what the players give it. Me thinks someone is maybe getting something for giving this a better then it should get review........................this game is a TURD and at 59.99 its evil what ID did shame on them and everyone that works there id like to see how they dig them selfs out of this lie hole. I know pc games will not launch bugwow look what the critic's give this and then what the players give it. Me thinks someone is maybe getting something for giving this a better then it should get review........................this game is a TURD and at 59.99 its evil what ID did shame on them and everyone that works there id like to see how they dig them selfs out of this lie hole. I know pc games will not launch bug free but this game is nasty bad with bugs makes you think nobody at ID played it before the put it out because they were to busy wineing and dinning the Critic's. SHAME Expand
  18. Oct 10, 2011
    All of these ATI users are coming here bashing Rage when it's ATI at fault, not id. Blame yourself for buying an ATI for gaming purposes, then go blame ATI for not getting their act together. Thousands of Nvidia users like myself have been playing Rage since day one without a single issue. I'm on my second play through and it's been a blast! How can you ATI users review a game and giveAll of these ATI users are coming here bashing Rage when it's ATI at fault, not id. Blame yourself for buying an ATI for gaming purposes, then go blame ATI for not getting their act together. Thousands of Nvidia users like myself have been playing Rage since day one without a single issue. I'm on my second play through and it's been a blast! How can you ATI users review a game and give it a 0 when you haven't even played it yet?! The gunplay is top notch. Weapons are interesting but familiar, but the ammo additions are pretty neat. You also get some secondary weapons that are really cool like EMP grenades, wingsticks (which are like a boomerang but decapitates, sentry bots, and turrets. The racing was a lot of fun and typically I hate racing games - but in Rage it took me back to the early Blizzard days of Rock 'n Roll Racing. I'll def continue to race in the multiplayer. The story isn't as deep as say Fallout 3, but then again this is not an RPG. Rage is a shooter. It's not supposed to have a deep story to satisfy roleplayers. However, I didn't see anyone giving COD4 a 0 cause it has a generic story. Basically this game is getting a bad wrap because of the ATI driver issue, which is in no way id's fault. Nvidia users are playing the game just fine and many of us are enjoying it very much so. If you are an Nvidia user I highly recommend you try the game. Give it a fair shake cause it really does rock. Just keep in mind it is a shooter at heart, not an RPG. For you ATI users out there, I recommend you go buy an Nvidia card first and foremost so you can stop blaming the game devs for ATI's inability to develop decent drivers. Then I recommend you try actually playing Rage before you review the game. Expand
  19. Oct 23, 2011
    Please don't listen to all the bad reviews about this game! It wasn't the best game I've ever played but is definitely worth a playthrough. The graphics, gameplay, story, voice acting and everything else are good. I ran it with my ancient 9800 GT graphics card and a core 2 duo and have none of the performance issues people mentioned. I would give this game a 7.5 but since the game got soPlease don't listen to all the bad reviews about this game! It wasn't the best game I've ever played but is definitely worth a playthrough. The graphics, gameplay, story, voice acting and everything else are good. I ran it with my ancient 9800 GT graphics card and a core 2 duo and have none of the performance issues people mentioned. I would give this game a 7.5 but since the game got so many negative reviews i'm giving it a 10. I suspect many of the negative reviews are from the same person with different accounts and idiots who have nothing better to do than complain about a decent game! Watch out for obsessive fans who are biased against a game before it has even been released. Expand
  20. Oct 22, 2011
    I would normally have given this game an 8, but it is getting such a bad rap that I had to give it a 10. The graphics are beautiful (just a little flickering), the game play is great, and the game detail is really good. This game reminds me of Fallout 3. It is not as open-ended, you do not have as much freedom in the game as you do in Fallout, and Rage is more of a first person shooterI would normally have given this game an 8, but it is getting such a bad rap that I had to give it a 10. The graphics are beautiful (just a little flickering), the game play is great, and the game detail is really good. This game reminds me of Fallout 3. It is not as open-ended, you do not have as much freedom in the game as you do in Fallout, and Rage is more of a first person shooter than a role playing shooter like Fallout. I felt the game was worth the price (of course I think Fallout 3 is a real bargain). I had a little difficulty with the anti-aliasing, had to set it at 2 to keep the game from crashing occasional. I played it through on the average difficulty in 33 hours, and I will be playing it again at a higher level of difficulty. Expand
  21. Oct 6, 2011
    To all those whiners: How can und play and review a PC game that has not yet been released???

The game will unlock on Steam October 7th. So you actually haven´t played it or you´re all thieves.
  22. Feb 17, 2012
    I really, truly mean a 10. This is not a score to cancel out any other score or some misplaced sense of duty to id. I really had a degree of enjoyment with this game that surprised me, especially seeing most people's reaction. Yes, the textures are blurry up close. This is a game that appeals to an art museum perspective, that is, from a distant viewpoint for the greatest reaction. I findI really, truly mean a 10. This is not a score to cancel out any other score or some misplaced sense of duty to id. I really had a degree of enjoyment with this game that surprised me, especially seeing most people's reaction. Yes, the textures are blurry up close. This is a game that appeals to an art museum perspective, that is, from a distant viewpoint for the greatest reaction. I find so little to actually complain about- you have perfect fps controls, excellent driving, a toolset of different combat options that remind me of half life 2 or crysis or bioshock in terms of open-ended-ness. The enemy animations are so far beyond most games it's not worth comparing. The plot/narrative characterization won't win any awards, but the environmental storytelling will. It is its own character and it succeeds on many levels. That aesthetic direction appeals to my personal sensibilities more than others, clearly. And that's fine. I played this on the hardest difficulty right off the bat, and i think it's the right decision for an advanced pc fps gamer. (i am by no means a CS fiend or any kind of savant, btw)...............Just enjoy it for what it is/was....we probably won't see a return to the universe of rage's wasteland. Expand
  23. Aug 17, 2012
    A very nice and fun shooter that is so much in one game. The game is open world but also has designed levels, it's an RPG, and even a racing game.
    I'm not a fan of racing games but the car controls in this game are excellent and just perfect for me, you also use your car to fight enemies in the open road , you grab a mission from someone and use your car to go the destination you needed. The game has a bit of a retro feel to it, there is no limit to the guns you carry or hell! there is no limit to the ammo either and there are plenty of enemies to kill in this game. Also there are Iron Sights which I hate in FPS but you don't have to use it, the crosshair works just fine with all weapons besides the Sniper of course. The game has towns with NPCs that give you quests and sell you stuff like ammunition and ingredients for crafting, and also there are very fun minigames throughout the game. The levels are well designed and the overall the storyline is nice, although the ending didn't feel like I finished the game, it just felt like it ended in the middle...
  24. Oct 28, 2012
    id software is back on top form with this knock-out shooter. Rage is set in a post apocalyptic future after an asteroid hits the Earth, only a small handful of humanity survived and you attempt to rebuild humanity through help of the Resistance. Whilst the game comes on 3 discs it only lasts you around 12 hours for a straight run, 18 hours roughly to do all the side missions and extras.id software is back on top form with this knock-out shooter. Rage is set in a post apocalyptic future after an asteroid hits the Earth, only a small handful of humanity survived and you attempt to rebuild humanity through help of the Resistance. Whilst the game comes on 3 discs it only lasts you around 12 hours for a straight run, 18 hours roughly to do all the side missions and extras. Rage is not a long game and its story is fairly weak with a cop-out ending but the shooting is masterful and the graphics are gob smacking. Usually I wouldn't rate a game this high without a impressive story to back it up but Rage has that old timely feel to it that has managed to blend into modern shooter mechanics making it a near perfect shooter. The PC version is slightly better than the console versions due to its higher graphical standard and it being made for PC to begin with. Expand
  25. Aug 7, 2012
    Bored of all my present games, I keep getting new ones hoping something will keep me entertained, this one did it. Yeah it's a bit linear, not a sandbox for the most part, but it's actually been really fun! Kind of reminds me of borderlands, but I always hated the sketched cartoon look of borderlands. I also wasnt that crazy about the leveling system. This game does away with all the stuffBored of all my present games, I keep getting new ones hoping something will keep me entertained, this one did it. Yeah it's a bit linear, not a sandbox for the most part, but it's actually been really fun! Kind of reminds me of borderlands, but I always hated the sketched cartoon look of borderlands. I also wasnt that crazy about the leveling system. This game does away with all the stuff I did not like about borderlands, in fact, prior to playing borderlands this game is what I thought borderlands would be.

The graphics (artwork) are top notch, and honestly they put alot of work in on artwork, and acting is good. Every new area I go to I find myself looking around and taking it in. Get this on a steam sale and you can't go wrong IMO.

I read alot about bugs and bad filters on this game but I experienced none of that on my system. i7 proc with 8ghz ram and 560 Ti Nvidia graphix card. All settings maxed out, 60 frames with a few drops in towns, but only like five frames here and there.

Hope this helped some bored dude like me.

PS
    I gave it 9 out of 10 because I am a big fan of sandbox games, and the co-op is a bit weak. You should be able to do the entire game in co-op, not just a few missions. Nice bonus they had that at least because that is what made me buy it to try it.
  26. Oct 7, 2012
    Muy Buen Shooter, buenos gráficos, variedad de armas y municiones, armamentos de ingenieria, buenos escenarios. Lo malo, no epic final.

Aún así muy recomendable
  27. Jul 30, 2013
    The bad reviews are outdated.

There are graphic fixes and guides for your setting which make result in a very enjoyable environment. Most bugs have been fixed (haven't experienced a single bug in my playthrough!). Note: graphics are instantly loaded into ram when entering a map; this can result in ~30 seconds of lag right at the start. However after that it's flawlessly fluent.
    The bad reviews are outdated.

However after that it's flawlessly fluent.

The game gives you a great variety of weapons right from the start which partwise transform into completely new weapons just by switching the ammo.

The story could have been better, but well it's not like CoD and Co had good stories either.

This game might have had it's issues, but they're gone now.

If you see this game on sale grab it!
    It's definitely enjoyable abd worth the money!
  28. Aug 5, 2013
    Nearly 2 years after the release most of the problems solved, I still got some funky things going on with the graphics, it's not a big problem but it is annoying when you first start the game and seeing SMALL spider webs in the back ground, I am on an integrated garbage graphics card, a good bit better than recommended but still integrated. Anyways I'd like to say this was veryNearly 2 years after the release most of the problems solved, I still got some funky things going on with the graphics, it's not a big problem but it is annoying when you first start the game and seeing SMALL spider webs in the back ground, I am on an integrated garbage graphics card, a good bit better than recommended but still integrated. Anyways I'd like to say this was very enjoyable,especially early on! Getting new guns, obtaining/buying different ammo types enhances the weapons flavor.

The personalities are a bit more realistic something that you could expect in a wasteland like this, if you like BL2 personalities and expect that, don't. Because they aren't outrageous,inhumane, and stereotypical like in BL2.

The weapons Each weapon has purpose throughout the game because of their different ammo types
    There are plenty of weapons and you can keep them all on you, this game is also awesome because a lot of times you need to prepare, so you go to the store stock up on whats appropriate for the mission and go out and handle your business. By the end of the game, if you're an explorer type of player or you just want to do the main quest line, you will all end up with the same weapons, just explorer type of players will get them sooner, and also have a lot more money. It's too bad they couldn't reward explorers more though, but still fun and exciting to explore!

Schematics I wish they had more and I want to cut down the score by .5 because of it but thats only because the schematics are so cool I want more!!!! If they were garbage or just plain uninteresting or useless, I wouldn't care but the schematics feel great and you guys will love it!

The entire map There are many places to explore but they don't reward explorers as much as fallout for example, I know it's 2 different games but I don't see what the problem would be if they added more weapons, unique weapons, and weapons that can only be found by exploring.
    The landscape is beautiful sometimes you just need to sit back and just stare at the buildings details, the ground,rocks, sky. It's great!

Overall a great game, I usually don't finish games they bore me half way through or just plain piss me off with stupid game design decisions. But this game I finished and up until I ran out of optional things to do the game got a little less exciting. This game is a 15-25+ hour game and if you like this type of game, definitely get it! The only regret I have is paying discount price
  29. Apr 16, 2013
    underrated game. great gameplay, great shooting. great design (the best!). one of my all time favorites.
    It has an abrupt ending. that was disappointing. Also, I would like to see more in the wasteland. there was not much to do. No good reason to explore.
    i had no technical issues with it. (geforce 9800 gtx & geforce gtx 550 ti)
    i hope they make a sequel
  30. Jun 10, 2013
    Great game period. Granted not perfect but obviously its combo of incredible graphics, textures, gorgeously fitting color pallet, and stunning frame rate (60fps) make it a visual masterpiece with best in class aesthetics dominating its commonly compared borderlands and fallout 3 bretheren in this department. Guns feel heavy, gunshots sound aggressive and badass, and enemies react to everyGreat game period. Granted not perfect but obviously its combo of incredible graphics, textures, gorgeously fitting color pallet, and stunning frame rate (60fps) make it a visual masterpiece with best in class aesthetics dominating its commonly compared borderlands and fallout 3 bretheren in this department. Guns feel heavy, gunshots sound aggressive and badass, and enemies react to every shot they are hit with in a realistic way with impressively animated deaths. The animators at id software knocked it out the park with the games many fluid and jaw dropping animations, from crazed mutants ravenously coming after you, to salty bandits flailing back from gunfire ultimately spinning and falling face first to their death these animations are handled with a smoothness and degree of movement not often(if ever) seen in the video game industry. The sound shines with the vaunted John Goodman lending his voice acting talents. The game isn't short with all the side quests and loot hunting offered as well as a very arcade like but enjoyable racing and vehicle combat section (though a bit easy). The weapons are varied enough with all guns and crossbow having several different ammo types, but the clear cut star of your arsenal is the innovative and devilishly fun wing stick. The wing stick is a type of three bladed boomerang that you throw at your enemies for frequent decapitations and severed limbs, it also can be upgraded to target enemies,do more damage, and return to your hand like a boomerang (did i mention it can slice the head off of multiple enemies in a row).You also find or buy blueprints in the wasteland which build new weapons/guns, upgradable turrets and robots, and even a mini remote controlled truck with bombs attached to it which you can remote detonate (also useful for scouting out enemy camps). You do however rehash the same levels at times with minor differences but with having to make such detailed landscapes it's understandable. The game includes many enjoyable mini games such as five finger fillet, a guitar hero like game called strum, and a very fun card game similar to magic the gathering with picture cards of different in game characters and factions that you find throughout the wasteland to strengthen your deck(trust me i am not a card or magic t.g. fan but this is fun). The world isn't as big as fallout but it is as big as it needs to be.It has a fun but not as varied separate coop campaign and online multiplayer in the form of exciting vehicle combat races. I know it isn't the 4 player coop of borderlands but unless you are the type who is compulsive about having 50,000 guns and cell shaded graphics it might be a better all around game than the first borderlands(i do love borderlands by the way). People say Rage doesn't have a story and it has an "okay" if not fleshed out enough story but borderlands though it is entertaining has basically no story at all(you are on pandora- now find this vault).Some found Rage to have a weak ending? Not half as dissapointing as borderlands ending (can anyone say they were pleased with what they found in the vault?) Overall Rage is a breath of fresh air that beckons back to id's yesteryear of gaming (doom,quake) the combat is in your face and aggressive differing from this generation's Gears of Wear totally cover based pop and shoot style of combat (when i am a badass muscle bound space marine i don't want to spend 75% of the game on my knees, i know a few gals who hangout on the corner they can give marcus pheonix a pair of kneepads they spend alot of time on their knees too).Rage has a ton of nostalgic eastereggs too, if you are a Doom,wolfenstein, Quake or id fan you need to get this game for the eastereggs alone! I won't spoil it but let's just say these eastereggs are very.....interactive. The sad thing is that Rage2 was in the works but seeing how Rage undersold they cancelled production and killed the would be series. This was new IP from the fathers of FPS and after all that time they delivered, and after getting their feet wet in this generation with Rage i can assume building on Rage's engine and the experience with Rage would have prepped them to deliver even bigger on Rage2 (can you imagine what that game would of looked like.) Rage is a very strong game and worth the experience it should have sold 5mil. Rage gets a 9 out of 10. j Expand
  31. Sep 19, 2013
    Your enjoyment depends on what you expect. If you expect a game that is Skyrim, Doom and Fallout all in one, then you will be disappointed. But if you expect a good shooter, variable enemies and enviroments with some more space to walk and more RPG like story then you will be happy. The only bad thing is tons of bugs at launch of the game (currently in 2013 all problems are fixed) and weakYour enjoyment depends on what you expect. If you expect a game that is Skyrim, Doom and Fallout all in one, then you will be disappointed. But if you expect a good shooter, variable enemies and enviroments with some more space to walk and more RPG like story then you will be happy. The only bad thing is tons of bugs at launch of the game (currently in 2013 all problems are fixed) and weak ending. Also I didnt like that main character has Gordon Freemans syndrome. But overally if you dont expect too much you will love this game. Expand
  32. Feb 1, 2015
    Awesome game, like a Doom meet Mad Max feel. The weapons are punchy, the graphics are great (I see all the attacks on the pop-in, but find it amusing since there's actually less of that in RAGE than in Wolfenstein the New World Order which got rave user reviews. The world is amazingly well done, fantastic voice acting, great post-apocalyptic backdrop really sells the game world. They evenAwesome game, like a Doom meet Mad Max feel. The weapons are punchy, the graphics are great (I see all the attacks on the pop-in, but find it amusing since there's actually less of that in RAGE than in Wolfenstein the New World Order which got rave user reviews. The world is amazingly well done, fantastic voice acting, great post-apocalyptic backdrop really sells the game world. They even have John Goodman! I'm not much of a car game guy, which is not the biggest part of the game, but I still found myself enjoying it with all the upgrades. For a shooter there is so much to do here it's amazing; gambling, racing, shooting, optional side missions, upgrading your gear; it's apparent John Carmack and id put a lot of love into this game. I found this game much more fun than borderlands, but I'm an old school shooter so maybe that's why; plus RAGE's graphics are much better than Borderlands'. Yeah, it's not Crysis 3, but hey pretty good still. If you are an old school shooter or a fan of the Mad Max movies, then play this game: IT IS A FREAKING BLAST. Concerning performance issues listed here; I have had no issues on the following systems:
    i7 960 with GTX 660 3GB at 1600x900
    i7 960 with GTX 780 at 1920x1080 and 2560x1440
    i7 4770K with R9 290X and R9 290X Crossfire at 2560x1440
    i7 5930K with GTX 780TI and GTX 780TI SLI at 1920x1080 and 3840x2160 with max AA.
    My average FPS at 4K with 780TI SLI was 49 FPS, considering that high a resolution with max AA, not bad at all.
    BLUF: If you didn't like the old school shooters then this isn't for you; if you did then it is.
  33. Aug 5, 2013

1. Nov 23, 2011
    A pretty, fast and aggressive shooter, striving in vain to be something more. [December 2011, p.62]
    Far from perfect Rage somehow is has fun post-apocalyptic action where the principles are set –fortunately – bit different than in other games of FPS genre. [Nov 2011]
  3. Nov 9, 2011
    It seems id Software is still living in its golden days and failed to notice that times have changed since Doom and Quake. Rage is just a decent, linear, old school shooter combined awkwardly with an arcade racing game. The world is only 'kinda openish' and the story must have been written by the coders while they were compiling the alpha version. The game looks great though – if you're lucky enough to have the it run smoothly and without technical issues that haunt the PC version. [November 2011, p.46]