Jun 4, 2013Ragnarok Online 2, at the end of the day, is an interesting MMO with some tragic design decisions. The good news is that most of these issues can be fixed, so long as the companies choose to fix them. I imagine the Ragnarok IP of old could be popular again one day, but for the time being, most people will want to let leave this title for the carrion.
Jun 4, 2013It tries to balance between tried and true mechanics of World of Warcraft and the ideas that made the first Ragnarok popular. The outcome is mediocre – boring combat, gameplay based on uninspired quests (‘kill 20 of those’) and small, almost linear world. [CD-Action 07/2013, p.65]
Generally unfavorable reviews- based on 59 Ratings
May 2, 2013Ragnarok Online 2 has the same hunt, fetch, messenger quest as every other MMORPG, but lays it on thick. Some quest requiring you to talk toRagnarok Online 2 has the same hunt, fetch, messenger quest as every other MMORPG, but lays it on thick. Some quest requiring you to talk to the same person you were just talking to. It felt repetitive and got boring fast. The visuals were decent to good and it was nice to have a npc say something to you when you clicked on it (though it may have just been a yawn or random phrase). The only difference between RO2 and other F2P MMOs I have tried was the games class and card system. The game really needed to set itself apart from the others, but it felt like a re-skin of the common F2P MMORPG. The only reason I continued to play was because of nostalgia.
-Decent to good visuals
-Same missions as other MMORPG's
I didn't get to try the PVP but I couldn't get to it because the game got boring really fast. The Kafra shop when I glanced through it looked like it was mostly visual/aesthetic stuff so I don't think it will be pay to win. I did wish this game was going to be way better cause I did enjoy RO1.… Full Review »
May 2, 2013Very generic. Lack of real character customization, card system very bland, constant kill this fetch that quests. Generic, unimaginative, andVery generic. Lack of real character customization, card system very bland, constant kill this fetch that quests. Generic, unimaginative, and poorly thought out.
Players returning from RO1 will find a lot of what made RO1 good removed, or redone with a lackluster finish. Casualized down to its core. Players new to RO might like it if they prefer an easy game that requires little learning of its systems and lack of real customization for characters, making it all grab and go.
Gets boring fast.… Full Review »
May 11, 2013This game sucks need I say more? ok...I'll elaborate.
1. Your generic f2p mmo with outdated graphics, poor optimaztion not even AA isThis game sucks need I say more? ok...I'll elaborate.
1. Your generic f2p mmo with outdated graphics, poor optimaztion not even AA is enabled.
2. Music is uninspiring and forgettable, I found myself muting the game and listening to RO1 sound tracks.
3. HORRIBLE voice acting, people's voice do not match their appearance (a young looking npc sounding like a 70 year old lady) and the same phrase being repeated by all NPC (Something with my sword honour with my shield, rings a bell?)
3. Combat extremely boring, mixed in with the same quest over and over again.
5. Combat extremely easy, I have not died a single time this entire time.
4. The quest system can be summarized into 3 sections: meet people, kill stuff, fedex. (not kidding, not a single variety)
Overall this is a just another horrible, bland, generic and boring mmo branded with a title of a once great game, I see this game dying very soon like all the other low budget f2p mmos out there
RIP my childhood… Full Review »