Ragnarok Online PC

8.2

1. RickT.
    Mar 27, 2006
    As you begin playing the game as a novice you think to yourself."One day I will become one of the best there is." It was fun during the 2nd class stage well at least for me since the Monk class is a very complexed class. Right after I hit transcendant Champion I worked hard to get to 99. Then you just realize what is there to do next? There isn't really a point in the game after you As you begin playing the game as a novice you think to yourself."One day I will become one of the best there is." It was fun during the 2nd class stage well at least for me since the Monk class is a very complexed class. Right after I hit transcendant Champion I worked hard to get to 99. Then you just realize what is there to do next? There isn't really a point in the game after you have a transcendant class character. Expand
  2. May 26, 2015
    Ragnarok was one of the best MMO I played and also my child hood memories. Although the game is not perfect it was a lot of fun leveling with friends. I remember the days where knights were camping to bowling bash the moonlight MVP, or knight solo baphomet MVP with counter attack. Hell even priest can solo a baphomet. The gameplay was obviously broken but the sense of community thatRagnarok was one of the best MMO I played and also my child hood memories. Although the game is not perfect it was a lot of fun leveling with friends. I remember the days where knights were camping to bowling bash the moonlight MVP, or knight solo baphomet MVP with counter attack. Hell even priest can solo a baphomet. The gameplay was obviously broken but the sense of community that people joined up to camp for MVP for loots, community of traders, 1k teleport priests, or people helping each other level up in the exponentially exp grind fest made this game amazing.

However, since the introduction of kafra shop and renewal system, it's become clear that this game is really a pay2win milking off old legacy. The stats does not matter as much as it used to be and now it's relying too heavily on having the best gears that will cost an arm and leg. Classic did rely on good gears but stats were much more meaningful in calculation. Nevertheless, a skilled player can still do armor/weapon switching or potion stuff effectively, but the iRO server can be very laggy sometimes rendering that somewhat useless. Also the endgame MVP bosses cast too much 1 hit kill spell and it's not as fun anymore because it's all about using Sura to tank and Geneticist will dps it down with ACID bomb, which you either grind to make one to use real cash to buy from kafra shop. There's not much other strategies than just 2-3 dudes spamming 1 or 2 buttons in the game. And the playerbase has gone down quite a bit, now we only have 3,000 users and a lot of them are bot grinding for strawberries SP recovery item. The only way to buy mana (SP) potion is to use real cash through kafra shop, which I personally think it's ridiculous.

If you're new player or ex-veteran thinking about coming back, I would not recommend this game as it has changed quite by a lot. The community is somewhat still there but small. The free eden gear for new players are decent, but it's going to cost over 2 billion zeny to gear up something decent. Most items are sold to NPC for only 10-500z, and a lot of that are going back towards potions because you don't even have decent gear to help reducing potion usage. So you will probably end up spending real money to buy Kafra point and sell it for zeny or grind for days and maybe get lucky with an expensive card or so.

This is meant for iRO only. Maybe you'll get different RO experience playing on different servers.

1. In this light-hearted whimsical title from one of the largest online gaming companies in South Korea, Ragnarok Online combines simplified RPG controls, bloodless combat, anime art and addictive social communities to create a truly unique online experience.
  2. Strictly for the anime, console-style RPG crowd, but if you’re in that group you may find yourself having a good time.
  3. While it does lend itself towards anime lovers, it is wonderfully done and I believe that everyone will find SOMETHING they enjoy about this game. You'll receive days, if not weeks, of pleasure from Ragnarok Online.