Ragnarok Online PC

8.3

1. Jan 23, 2016
    :3 un excelente y clasico juego que es raro que te aburra por que casi siempre hay algo que hacer de esos juegos que se disfrutan mejor con amigos ^^ excelente
  2. May 26, 2015
    Ragnarok was one of the best MMO I played and also my child hood memories. Although the game is not perfect it was a lot of fun leveling with friends. I remember the days where knights were camping to bowling bash the moonlight MVP, or knight solo baphomet MVP with counter attack. Hell even priest can solo a baphomet. The gameplay was obviously broken but the sense of community thatRagnarok was one of the best MMO I played and also my child hood memories. Although the game is not perfect it was a lot of fun leveling with friends. I remember the days where knights were camping to bowling bash the moonlight MVP, or knight solo baphomet MVP with counter attack. Hell even priest can solo a baphomet. The gameplay was obviously broken but the sense of community that people joined up to camp for MVP for loots, community of traders, 1k teleport priests, or people helping each other level up in the exponentially exp grind fest made this game amazing.

However, since the introduction of kafra shop and renewal system, it's become clear that this game is really a pay2win milking off old legacy. The stats does not matter as much as it used to be and now it's relying too heavily on having the best gears that will cost an arm and leg. Classic did rely on good gears but stats were much more meaningful in calculation. Nevertheless, a skilled player can still do armor/weapon switching or potion stuff effectively, but the iRO server can be very laggy sometimes rendering that somewhat useless. Also the endgame MVP bosses cast too much 1 hit kill spell and it's not as fun anymore because it's all about using Sura to tank and Geneticist will dps it down with ACID bomb, which you either grind to make one to use real cash to buy from kafra shop. There's not much other strategies than just 2-3 dudes spamming 1 or 2 buttons in the game. And the playerbase has gone down quite a bit, now we only have 3,000 users and a lot of them are bot grinding for strawberries SP recovery item. The only way to buy mana (SP) potion is to use real cash through kafra shop, which I personally think it's ridiculous.

If you're new player or ex-veteran thinking about coming back, I would not recommend this game as it has changed quite by a lot. The community is somewhat still there but small. The free eden gear for new players are decent, but it's going to cost over 2 billion zeny to gear up something decent. Most items are sold to NPC for only 10-500z, and a lot of that are going back towards potions because you don't even have decent gear to help reducing potion usage. So you will probably end up spending real money to buy Kafra point and sell it for zeny or grind for days and maybe get lucky with an expensive card or so.

This is meant for iRO only. Maybe you'll get different RO experience playing on different servers.
  3. Sep 24, 2014
    Great game. I've spent many years with this one. I always come back just to feel once again something, what none of other titles can bring me. I love this world, characters, above all - memories about great ppls I've met in this game. I can honestly recommend it to everyone!
  4. Aug 2, 2014
    This review is towards international RO. All versions of RO including Private servers have parts in the review as well.

If you are new, You cannot get anywhere without spending immense amounts of $$$ in RO. Even if you don't spend, It will take you TOO LONG and not one insane player who has normal job would even want to go this path. Even when you get to end game, you still spend more $$$ competing against pay2win players in Guild versus Guild settings. There is too much questing in this game that give horrible crap rewards save for a few in end-game content. Class Builds have no variety and you end up with cookie cutter builds popularized by self proclaimed RO professionals who have stuck to this game for 10+ years.

PvP.....is occupied by a few famous iRO trolls which you see everyday decked out in end-game gear. Average geared players who know what they are doing can own these noobs pretty easily. This pvp system has no rewards and compensation other than the fact that you kill someone, a party of **** pvp players end up trolling you until you never log in to PvP again. The satisfaction and fame you get after killing a low leveled noob or a god itemed, MvP stacked player is ALLLLLLL you get.......seriously, pvp very unactive, booster and not noob - friendly BUT a good ego booster if I say so myself.

What I loved about this game though is WoE. Not one standardized MMO like WOW can compare to it. It only occurs 2 days a week for 2 hours. Another version of WoE is WoE TE which occur for only 1 hour in a week. you duke out with Guilds and can bring your allies along to topple another guild.

It is very hard to maintain a competitive guild for WoE as the rewards themselves do not cover the cost. As such, Guildmasters and their trusted slaves shell out deep pockets to keep a guild running. As a result Guilds who have stayed for years are saturated with end game gears where the most broken of all are MVP cards and God items. The only time RO populations spike is when WoE happens. This is when WoE only players log in to this game for a set duration and log out, lol.

The community I would rather say is very helpful and can lend out tips when asked. Some of these helpful players are two-faced though. These well liked players secretly buy and sell gears and money with real $$$ when it is illegal to do so and any other shady activities. GMs indirectly protect these guys because they are the ones mostly keeping the servers running.

I could go on and on about the flaws in this game but I will stop here.

In conclusion, very old game where you must spend $$$ to be active. End game is stale and RO is dead.
  5. Jul 6, 2014
    I am playing the pRO(Philippine Ragnarok Online) or Ragnarok Online for almost 2 years now. And, before I that I played lot of MOBA and FPS games. One thing that got me interested in Ragnarok Online is its War Of Emperium. It is Guild War as most MMORPG player knew. I spent hard cash just to get my character ready for WoE. But after I tried playing my Ranger for WoE, I got disappointedI am playing the pRO(Philippine Ragnarok Online) or Ragnarok Online for almost 2 years now. And, before I that I played lot of MOBA and FPS games. One thing that got me interested in Ragnarok Online is its War Of Emperium. It is Guild War as most MMORPG player knew. I spent hard cash just to get my character ready for WoE. But after I tried playing my Ranger for WoE, I got disappointed because I cant PK or do anything useful in WoE. Most offensive skill can one shot me even I am in full gear. And, this really disappoint me and its about a year since my character got updated with new gear. Seriously Gravity Corporation or however you people in charge on updating this game, this is not how you make multiplayer PvP game. A character that has both offensive and defensive skill can not have one shot kill skill. Long range character that don't have defensive skills should have damage boost to one shot people from a distance. Support type character should have mana and speed boost. You should indicate what weapon(s) and gear(s) that can be effective in WoE and what update they were released. Do not Hieroglyphics these stuffs because WoE and PvP is not the same as questing RPG. Gears should be easy to find and the game should make since even for newbies. Expand
  6. Jun 21, 2014
    The Good: Level up system and base level status system are addicting. Very fun hunting monsters and rare items. Boss Monster vs Player is challenging and if you defeated one by solo. You will become famous and feared by everyone.

The Bad: Too much real money demands for upgrading armors and potions. The Bad#2: Quest Episodes looks dead no colorful stories or cinematic movies. . .

The Bad: Too much real money demands for upgrading armors and potions.

The Bad#3: Too much traps for spending lots of real money. Which makes Ragnarok Online host pigs!
  7. Apr 5, 2014
    Ragnarok Online,
    Oh nostalgia.
    The game that forever change my perpective on MMORPG. Never i have played a game that consumed my life like A LOT. The pvp is great. The castle war is PERFECT. The card system is cool! Making every slot weapon a prefered weapon. Lots of skills are not just bout damaging your opponents. Lots of skill are about TRICKING your opponents. Sometimes
    Ragnarok Online,
    Oh nostalgia.
    The game that forever change my perpective on MMORPG.
    Never i have played a game that consumed my life like A LOT.

The pvp is great.
    The castle war is PERFECT.
    The card system is cool! Making every slot weapon a prefered weapon.
    Lots of skills are not just bout damaging your opponents.
    Lots of skill are about TRICKING your opponents.
    Sometimes there are skills that are strange yet interesting.
    This is a very great game.
    There is a reason why there are hundreds of private server doing this game right now with much higher drop rate and merciful experience.

The only problem is bot.
    But i dont see bot as a problem at all.
    Bots make this game extremely interesting.
    I have seen a bot that does services to me...
    A bot that even sell things.
    And a bot that even guard the entrance of a volcano dungeon so that people can sit there and relax.
    Sure bot diminish the grinding.
    But it sure make this game on a really interesting twist.
  8. Nov 9, 2013
    I'm not a fan of RPG and anime. But since Ragnarok is the first online game I played, I never get bored playing it. I really like it. It's really addictive, I never played 10 hrs non-stop with other games.
  9. May 4, 2013
    No game has even come anywhere near close to producing anything as good as War of Emperium. That reason alone is why hundreds of players kept playing and donating to lag-free servers for years.
  10. Apr 26, 2013
    Horrible game, it's just another point and click grindfest, nothing that hasn't been done billions of times before by other games. I played this game for a long while and had to resort to botting to get anything in the game and just to level up.
  11. AvikG.
    Jan 21, 2007
    Nothing to say about such a great MMORPG game. I know there are lot of MMORPG games with better graphics like World of Warcraft but the total structure of RO pwns them all.
  12. AnsonG.
    Sep 29, 2006
    This is the most impressive game online RPG I've ever played. Download it, play it and have fun.
  13. GianA.
    Sep 17, 2006
    RO has changed the face of RPG.
  14. AllenY.
    Sep 1, 2006
    the best game ive played in years, and years, and years.
  15. ChelF.
    Aug 29, 2006
    One of the best games ever!!! So many possible things to do it's kinda hard for it to become really boring.
  16. RickT.
    Mar 27, 2006
    As you begin playing the game as a novice you think to yourself."One day I will become one of the best there is." It was fun during the 2nd class stage well at least for me since the Monk class is a very complexed class. Right after I hit transcendant Champion I worked hard to get to 99. Then you just realize what is there to do next? There isn't really a point in the game after you As you begin playing the game as a novice you think to yourself."One day I will become one of the best there is." It was fun during the 2nd class stage well at least for me since the Monk class is a very complexed class. Right after I hit transcendant Champion I worked hard to get to 99. Then you just realize what is there to do next? There isn't really a point in the game after you have a transcendant class character. Expand
  17. BonbonA.
    Aug 5, 2005
    Actually, Ragnarok Online was one of the 1st MMORPG. But it's pretty amazing, that it's still rocks until this time. Greatly, many people luph it and they spend a lot of time, playing with this one :)
  18. MateusC.
    Jun 4, 2005
    Great MMORPG, I'm actually playing a localized version (bRO - Brazilian Ragnarok Online) and the interact with other real players in a RPG universe is a superb experience. But isn't all: War of Empire, a guild battles in certain days to get the domain of the castles to access some privilegies is amazing and much more that a reason to continue paying and playing!
  19. TakeshiF.
    Feb 12, 2005
    Ragnarok is one of the bests MMORPG games that i have played...it is true that the graphics are not first quality, but the game is incredible in other senses...its really fun, and u can spend much more time, because you can stay a long time playing without boaring.

1. In this light-hearted whimsical title from one of the largest online gaming companies in South Korea, Ragnarok Online combines simplified RPG controls, bloodless combat, anime art and addictive social communities to create a truly unique online experience.
  2. Strictly for the anime, console-style RPG crowd, but if you’re in that group you may find yourself having a good time.
  3. While it does lend itself towards anime lovers, it is wonderfully done and I believe that everyone will find SOMETHING they enjoy about this game. You'll receive days, if not weeks, of pleasure from Ragnarok Online.