RaiderZ PC

6.6

1. Jan 24, 2013
    RaiderZ, a pretty good F2P action MMORPG that is plagued by the laziness of Perfect World Entertainment. Let me start out by saying if you're playing the European or Korean version of this game, then do NOT read this review. This review is based on the American version.

Let's start out with graphics. They're beautiful, from the vivid green fields of Teress Plains to the snowy peaks of Mt. Eda to the dark catacombs of Hero's Lane. Environments are very detailed and everything looks crisp. The day-night system and weather also looks very nice, whether is be rain, snow, downpour, dawn, daytime, dusk, or nighttime. Everything comes together very nicely.

The gameplay in RaiderZ is one of the best I've seen in an MMORPG. The game requires you to pay careful attention to your enemies and actively dodge and block, unlike some MMORPGs where you click once and let the game fight the battle for you. This type of gameplay is much more satisfying and rewards you for playing both offensive and defensive. After fighting a giant spider with four other people for the first time, we felt like we had accomplished something. The only complaint I have about the combat is blocking and dodging seemed a little off sometimes because of server lag, but I'll get into that a little bit later.

The music in this game (when there is music) is very good, especially the music that played during boss battles. What's better than battling a tough boss with a party of five? Battling a tough boss with a party of five while listening to epic music. The music really gets you in the mood. It makes the whole boss fight experience so much better. While I'm talking about sound, I might as well mention the voice acting, which is terrible. There isn't much voice acting in the game, but when there is, be prepared for some laughs.

The story is nonexistent and the quests are rather boring. There is absolutely no intro to the game at all. It starts you out in a field with an NPC in front of you. So what's your very first quest of your epic adventure? I bet you already know. Kill x number of these enemies and report to this guy once you're done. Now, I wouldn't really have a problem with this if it weren't for two reasons. One, this is the very beginning of the game. Two, the whole entire game is like this. Every time you enter a new area, you'll have to do at least 10 different "kill x number of enemies" or "go collect x of these and bring them back". It's not until the 5th area that you get to go into a dungeon.

One of the major problems with the game is lack of content. You'll run out of quests around 33. But the max level is 35, so what do you do? Go back 3 or 4 areas and keep doing repeat quests, which is extremely tedious and boring. But you did it, and now you're level 35. Now it's time to go find a party of 5 and do epic dungeons. Dungeons, might I add, that you've already been through countless of times. What's the difference? They're harder. But you do it over and over again for materials to craft your level 35 gear. Well now you have your gear, what now? That's pretty much it. It ends there. Sure there's the Hellhound quests that you could do over and over again for a specific rune to craft a higher level set of earrings, or there's the endgame boss Bolas the dragon, but it doesn't matter. Once you get to this point you'll want to quit anyways. There's nothing to keep you going after this. Perfect World Entertainment has no excuse for the lack of content or higher level cap. Europe and Korea already have them, so why hasn't America got it yet?

Another issue is the lag. This is the worst lag I've ever experienced in a game before. If you play for one day, you'll know what I'm talking about. The lag starts out small, 1 or 2 seconds, but can get as bad as 15 or 20 seconds until eventually you're disconnected. Yes, disconnected. So if you were in a dungeon right before a boss? Too bad. You have to do the whole thing over again. The lag is so bad in a particular part of the game that it is literally unplayable. You enter the area and automatically get disconnected. Perfect World Entertainment has acknowledged there is lag in the game, but they aren't doing anything about it. They aren't doing anything about the spammers, botters, or hackers either. The whole game is filled with spammers, especially in towns, and most combat areas are filled with botters. Perfect World Entertainment isn't doing anything to stop them, and you can't report them in game. The only thing you can do is submit a ticket on their site with video or picture proof of the botter and they might get around to looking at it. But even then, that takes at least a week.

RaiderZ had a lot of potential, but it's ruined by Perfect World Entertainment's horrible decisions, or the lack thereof. If they don't start doing something to improve the game, everyone is going to leave and never look back. My score for this game is a generous 5 out of 10.
  2. Jan 27, 2014
    This game seems unfinished, I actually thought it was in the first week of beta when i played it, but it wasn't. Combat is fair and mods and normal. The map and quest system is a little flawed and glitchy, but it is still usable. The quest them selves are decent, 'nuff said. This game should be tweaked and patched, but since it was published by a sub-par company, I doubt that would happen.

1. Dec 11, 2012
    RaiderZ may not be able to go head-to-head against some of the bigger free-to-play MMOs on the market, but it does offer a fairly unique monster-hunter experience and fast-paced action combat that will keep you hooked for hours on end.
  2. Dec 11, 2012
    RaiderZ feels unpolished and unfinished, plagued with a stagnant, passionless player base and a stack of now obsolete design tropes around questing, story, player progression and crafting.
  3. Dec 1, 2012
    RaiderZ is a very fun action-oriented MMORPG. With action combat and very good monster/zone design, it's one of the better MMOs on the free-to-play market at the moment. Although it is not without faults, it still makes for a very enjoyable casual experience.