Ravaged PC

• Publisher: Reverb
  • Release Date: Oct 17, 2012
5.6

1. Feb 14, 2013
    This gane is not unique at all. It is really does not worh your time and money. If you are so bored and dumbed down, this game will boost you up. But that is it.
  2. Jan 24, 2013
    Really great game suffering from a terribly small community, the one full server in the US at night is always stacked full of jerks who park their tanks and trucks in your spawn or the fuel capture point. Neat I guess if you're trying to kill the game for those trying to learn it. I don't see the point of stacking EXP to unlock weapons if no one's left to play with.
  3. Jan 11, 2013
    It looks like RAGE meets a scaled-down Battlefield 2, and plays somewhat similarly with exaggerated driving, a neat post-apoc setting, but poor infantry gunplay and overpowered helicopters. The leveling system is rather flat, points aren't very clearly earned or rewarding, the classes are only okay, weapons and animations don't tickle my gun fetish, and the occasional technical glitchIt looks like RAGE meets a scaled-down Battlefield 2, and plays somewhat similarly with exaggerated driving, a neat post-apoc setting, but poor infantry gunplay and overpowered helicopters. The leveling system is rather flat, points aren't very clearly earned or rewarding, the classes are only okay, weapons and animations don't tickle my gun fetish, and the occasional technical glitch might get you into trouble. That said, it looks good, runs smoothly, and adds up to an unrefined game, which would be acceptable for beta, but counts against this non-F2P release. Expand
  4. Dec 19, 2012
    It could have been fantastic, it has some really good ideas but they did not include dedicated servers until well after a month after release, by which time the game became a ghost town. Thankfully it has had a massive price drop recently and with sales it may regain momentum as it deserves to do well. The game has some decent maps and good ideas... controls are a little bit floaty butIt could have been fantastic, it has some really good ideas but they did not include dedicated servers until well after a month after release, by which time the game became a ghost town. Thankfully it has had a massive price drop recently and with sales it may regain momentum as it deserves to do well. The game has some decent maps and good ideas... controls are a little bit floaty but generally nothing worse than other games in the price range. Expand
  5. Nov 14, 2012
    Its a really good game, this game is like a mix of borderlands and battlefield. So basically a war in the wastelands. Graphics is great, overall game experience is great. But they could add a little more weapons and remove the lens flare a little. Otherwise for £15 its a great game for the price!
  6. Oct 23, 2012
    Where's the players?

Not very good right now. Bought it on Saturday, but with Chivalry taking up my time, I hadn't gotten around to it. Basically there's no one playing. Those that ARE playing, are playing the demo version. Which means when you buy the game you'll be playing matches with/against the people playing the demo. So basically you bought the demo. Only had about 40
    Where's the players?

Basically there's no one playing. Those that ARE playing, are playing the demo version. Which means when you buy the game you'll be playing matches with/against the people playing the demo. So basically you bought the demo. Only had about 40 people playing the game with 3/4 or more of them playing demo versions. When I played it's well...decent sort of. Didn't try out the helicopter. The cars control weird. Don't know why the 360 controller doesn't use the triggers for gas/brake...but perhaps that's able to be rebinded.

Told the game to enable VSync yet it won't. That doesn't help. Overall the controls don't make much sense....nothing sprinted on the gamepad. Many of the buttons didn't seem to do anything. The graphics are OK. Nowhere near BF3. Sort of all over the places. Some aspects look good, others look dated. Can't really place it. Just reminds me of old school FPS from the 2000-2005...that's just kind of the impression I get, except obviously more advanced in many areas. Wasn't impressed with the game, but perhaps that's because of few players. Should have waited for more reviews, and wish others mentioned the dearth of players playing it. Hopefully it gets better. The setting is nice. The maps are big. But without players playing it, and needing better controls it just sort of seems to fall flat. I'll give it a 5. (which isn't on the American school grade system of 5 = F). 5 simply means very mediocre. Lots better out there. Many with much more players. They should do a free weekend for Steam, and/or lower the price. Looks like another online game bought that no one plays. Oh well. Knew it was a risk, so ultimately my fault. Guess the good fun Chivalry provided lowered my guard. Seems though this game might be one of those that only has a few months of playability before it dies out. Vehicle combat? Guess you need enough players to be around your vehicle to have those. Sadly the one I played on only had about 8 total people, and I was driving..so.
  7. Oct 23, 2012
    Ravaged is a pretty strong shooter amidst the likes of Battlefield and Enemy Territory, but with a few caveats. The main element, team-based vehicle shooting, is some of the best I've ever experienced in a game, and the maps about vehicle use are great, but the rest of the game is pretty lukewarm. The on-foot gunplay is barely interesting at all, and this means that a small number ofRavaged is a pretty strong shooter amidst the likes of Battlefield and Enemy Territory, but with a few caveats. The main element, team-based vehicle shooting, is some of the best I've ever experienced in a game, and the maps about vehicle use are great, but the rest of the game is pretty lukewarm. The on-foot gunplay is barely interesting at all, and this means that a small number of maps without vehicles are absolutely pointless. One map, namely Oilrig which plays in a king-of-the-hill sort of way, has some pretty bad balance issues too. After the beta there aren't any game-breaking flaws, but the game still has its share of bugs, like a Statue of Liberty that you can walk right through, sprinting while crouching playing the sprinting animation but not actually increasing your speed, and a few indoor environments with screwed up lighting. The price is right and it has some really great maps and vehicles, but it needs some polishing, and a portion of it is something you won't enjoy. Expand
  8. Jan 11, 2013
    I have to say, before you read on, I played only for 28 minutes. If this is an issue for you, ignore it, but I promise I have a really good reasons for it.

To start off with, this weekend was a free weekend for the game, so I fortunately didn't have to purchase the game. This game is just bad. It's one of those fun bads, but still bad. To start off with, the graphics aren't THAT great. I have my settings on High, and even then the textures look questionable. Graphics aren't everything, and they aren't straight out horrid, but not that good.

For gameplay? Oh god no. First off one of the major things I thought this game was about was the vehicles. Turns out, they're terrible. They drive absolutely horrible and defy physics sometimes. The sounds produced by the vehicles are alright, but just end up producing an annoying buzz after so long. The weapons are just silly. Most of the time the recoil either is absent totally, or is so large isn't not even funny. It's also funny how when you ADS, there is next to no recoil, while in third person mode, it's very large. The weapons aren't balanced either, as the M4 kills super fast, the snipers are trash (literally, they don't even work), and the pistols are just as good as any pistol in any game. Maps are alright. They got lazy at some points, when you go to a stair you just magically teleport to the top of them, you can get stuck in many parts.. it's just horribly put together.

Again, 28 minutes, not that long, but I just couldn't take it after using my M4 to blast my way to their spawn and camp them while my team just gathers gas cans.

1. Feb 19, 2013
    Ravaged looks like a multiplayer shooter that does not give a tangible contribution to the genre. The 2 Dawn Games creatures present a gaming experience rather simple, based on the standards of many other productions.
  2. Dec 21, 2012
    Ravaged is an overall mediocre shooter which relies heavily on vehicles. Fun at times but mostly boring - it can be a suggested buy only because it's quite cheap.
  3. Nov 26, 2012
    Fun yet flawed, the postapocalyptic Ravaged is a ghost town.