• Publisher: Reverb
  • Release Date: Oct 17, 2012
5.6

1. Dec 19, 2012
    It could have been fantastic, it has some really good ideas but they did not include dedicated servers until well after a month after release, by which time the game became a ghost town. Thankfully it has had a massive price drop recently and with sales it may regain momentum as it deserves to do well. The game has some decent maps and good ideas... controls are a little bit floaty butIt could have been fantastic, it has some really good ideas but they did not include dedicated servers until well after a month after release, by which time the game became a ghost town. Thankfully it has had a massive price drop recently and with sales it may regain momentum as it deserves to do well. The game has some decent maps and good ideas... controls are a little bit floaty but generally nothing worse than other games in the price range. Expand
  2. Jun 2, 2013
    This game appealed to me in various ways. I am a huge fan of the post-apocalyptic theme and competitive shooters. The map environments are well detailed and are interesting to explore. However, this game just feels awful. The controls and gunplay are extremely awkward. Besides the fact that the game just feels wrong, there is also absolutely NO playerbase to mention. At any given time IThis game appealed to me in various ways. I am a huge fan of the post-apocalyptic theme and competitive shooters. The map environments are well detailed and are interesting to explore. However, this game just feels awful. The controls and gunplay are extremely awkward. Besides the fact that the game just feels wrong, there is also absolutely NO playerbase to mention. At any given time I can log in and fine anywhere from 1-15 people playing. Also, the START match button on the menu has been broken for months and the developers have done nothing except tell you to use the browse feature instead. This game also frequently crashes on me.
    Overall, this game really has no unique or interesting value to it. It is a very weak developed shooter with lots of broken features and no playerbase.
    If the developers of Ravaged could at least take the time to fix a major bug present at the main menu, maybe I wouldn't rate the game as low as I am. But as of right now, Ravaged is by far one of the worst games I have purchased, ever.
  3. Jan 24, 2013
    Really great game suffering from a terribly small community, the one full server in the US at night is always stacked full of jerks who park their tanks and trucks in your spawn or the fuel capture point. Neat I guess if you're trying to kill the game for those trying to learn it. I don't see the point of stacking EXP to unlock weapons if no one's left to play with.
  4. Jan 11, 2013
    It looks like RAGE meets a scaled-down Battlefield 2, and plays somewhat similarly with exaggerated driving, a neat post-apoc setting, but poor infantry gunplay and overpowered helicopters. The leveling system is rather flat, points aren't very clearly earned or rewarding, the classes are only okay, weapons and animations don't tickle my gun fetish, and the occasional technical glitchIt looks like RAGE meets a scaled-down Battlefield 2, and plays somewhat similarly with exaggerated driving, a neat post-apoc setting, but poor infantry gunplay and overpowered helicopters. The leveling system is rather flat, points aren't very clearly earned or rewarding, the classes are only okay, weapons and animations don't tickle my gun fetish, and the occasional technical glitch might get you into trouble. That said, it looks good, runs smoothly, and adds up to an unrefined game, which would be acceptable for beta, but counts against this non-F2P release. Expand
  5. Jan 11, 2013
    I have to say, before you read on, I played only for 28 minutes. If this is an issue for you, ignore it, but I promise I have a really good reasons for it.

To start off with, this weekend was a free weekend for the game, so I fortunately didn't have to purchase the game. This game is just bad. It's one of those fun bads, but still bad. To start off with, the graphics aren't THAT great. I have my settings on High, and even then the textures look questionable. Graphics aren't everything, and they aren't straight out horrid, but not that good.

For gameplay? Oh god no. First off one of the major things I thought this game was about was the vehicles. Turns out, they're terrible. They drive absolutely horrible and defy physics sometimes. The sounds produced by the vehicles are alright, but just end up producing an annoying buzz after so long. The weapons are just silly. Most of the time the recoil either is absent totally, or is so large isn't not even funny. It's also funny how when you ADS, there is next to no recoil, while in third person mode, it's very large. The weapons aren't balanced either, as the M4 kills super fast, the snipers are trash (literally, they don't even work), and the pistols are just as good as any pistol in any game. Maps are alright. They got lazy at some points, when you go to a stair you just magically teleport to the top of them, you can get stuck in many parts.. it's just horribly put together.

Again, 28 minutes, not that long, but I just couldn't take it after using my M4 to blast my way to their spawn and camp them while my team just gathers gas cans.
  6. Feb 14, 2013
    This gane is not unique at all. It is really does not worh your time and money. If you are so bored and dumbed down, this game will boost you up. But that is it.
  7. Oct 23, 2012
    Where's the players?

Not very good right now. Bought it on Saturday, but with Chivalry taking up my time, I hadn't gotten around to it. Basically there's no one playing. Those that ARE playing, are playing the demo version. Which means when you buy the game you'll be playing matches with/against the people playing the demo. So basically you bought the demo. Only had about 40
    Where's the players?

Basically there's no one playing. Those that ARE playing, are playing the demo version. Which means when you buy the game you'll be playing matches with/against the people playing the demo. So basically you bought the demo. Only had about 40 people playing the game with 3/4 or more of them playing demo versions. When I played it's well...decent sort of. Didn't try out the helicopter. The cars control weird. Don't know why the 360 controller doesn't use the triggers for gas/brake...but perhaps that's able to be rebinded.

Told the game to enable VSync yet it won't. That doesn't help. Overall the controls don't make much sense....nothing sprinted on the gamepad. Many of the buttons didn't seem to do anything. The graphics are OK. Nowhere near BF3. Sort of all over the places. Some aspects look good, others look dated. Can't really place it. Just reminds me of old school FPS from the 2000-2005...that's just kind of the impression I get, except obviously more advanced in many areas. Wasn't impressed with the game, but perhaps that's because of few players. Should have waited for more reviews, and wish others mentioned the dearth of players playing it. Hopefully it gets better. The setting is nice. The maps are big. But without players playing it, and needing better controls it just sort of seems to fall flat. I'll give it a 5. (which isn't on the American school grade system of 5 = F). 5 simply means very mediocre. Lots better out there. Many with much more players. They should do a free weekend for Steam, and/or lower the price. Looks like another online game bought that no one plays. Oh well. Knew it was a risk, so ultimately my fault. Guess the good fun Chivalry provided lowered my guard. Seems though this game might be one of those that only has a few months of playability before it dies out. Vehicle combat? Guess you need enough players to be around your vehicle to have those. Sadly the one I played on only had about 8 total people, and I was driving..so.
  8. Jan 12, 2013
    If they said this is still Alpha or to some degree Beta, I might rate it 6/10 but this? Barely mediocre shooter, full of RPG/tube players. Not even worth for free.
  9. Oct 17, 2012
    By far, one of the most fun online experiences I've had this year and for 25$, it's a steal! Get it now!
  10. Mar 2, 2013
    if you like original battlefield series this game is for you! it is actually loads of fun to play. not only does it looks, sounds and runs great, but it allows users to host their dedicated server aside from the official servers and there is also a game editor that can be used to create new maps and mods. plus they keep giving us bug fixes and free dlcs! so if you don't already own a copy,if you like original battlefield series this game is for you! it is actually loads of fun to play. not only does it looks, sounds and runs great, but it allows users to host their dedicated server aside from the official servers and there is also a game editor that can be used to create new maps and mods. plus they keep giving us bug fixes and free dlcs! so if you don't already own a copy, what are you waiting for. you can get one for just $4.99 at from 2dawn.com. Expand
  11. Oct 23, 2012
    Ravaged is a pretty strong shooter amidst the likes of Battlefield and Enemy Territory, but with a few caveats. The main element, team-based vehicle shooting, is some of the best I've ever experienced in a game, and the maps about vehicle use are great, but the rest of the game is pretty lukewarm. The on-foot gunplay is barely interesting at all, and this means that a small number ofRavaged is a pretty strong shooter amidst the likes of Battlefield and Enemy Territory, but with a few caveats. The main element, team-based vehicle shooting, is some of the best I've ever experienced in a game, and the maps about vehicle use are great, but the rest of the game is pretty lukewarm. The on-foot gunplay is barely interesting at all, and this means that a small number of maps without vehicles are absolutely pointless. One map, namely Oilrig which plays in a king-of-the-hill sort of way, has some pretty bad balance issues too. After the beta there aren't any game-breaking flaws, but the game still has its share of bugs, like a Statue of Liberty that you can walk right through, sprinting while crouching playing the sprinting animation but not actually increasing your speed, and a few indoor environments with screwed up lighting. The price is right and it has some really great maps and vehicles, but it needs some polishing, and a portion of it is something you won't enjoy. Expand
  12. May 3, 2013
    This game must have gotten a lot of padded reviews. This game is far below average in every aspect. A few features of the main menu are even completely broken at the moment. And even though they kindly acknowledge the problem in the forums, nothing has been done to fix it for months. I have nothing against the developers, in fact go buy it! Just so you can see what I mean. This game is badThis game must have gotten a lot of padded reviews. This game is far below average in every aspect. A few features of the main menu are even completely broken at the moment. And even though they kindly acknowledge the problem in the forums, nothing has been done to fix it for months. I have nothing against the developers, in fact go buy it! Just so you can see what I mean. This game is bad AND broken. The community is not just small but completely hostile and cruel. Exploiting. Spawn-killing. I mean the people who support this game are either developers, developers friends and family, or kids who snagged this game for 90% off on Steam and cant afford a real game. Expand
  13. Jan 10, 2013
    Really fun game with lots of weapons and vehicles. Needs more players though, otherwise a very entertaining game. The helicopters are super fun to play once you understand how to control them.
  14. Apr 15, 2013
    Mediocre in every aspect. Maybe 10 years ago this game might have been worth a 7, maybe. I recommend PlanetSide 2 or BF3 over this. Weapons suck, vehicles suck, controls suck, animations suck, textures suck.
  15. Jan 12, 2013
    Real note (90/100), raters, if you has not a good pc to play Raveged, then don't play it, Dont give it 00/100, naturally your pc will show some lags. Great and good game, looks like homenage to Rage game. Single and lovely experience to play it online, much better if played with friends. Need some fixes on control of vehicles, and needs more servers too (mainly in Brazil). =P
    If you Like
    If you Like Multplay games, like CS GO, Team Fortress, BF3, MWs, then Raveged is for you gamer.
  16. Nov 14, 2012
    Its a really good game, this game is like a mix of borderlands and battlefield. So basically a war in the wastelands. Graphics is great, overall game experience is great. But they could add a little more weapons and remove the lens flare a little. Otherwise for £15 its a great game for the price!
  17. Jan 23, 2013
    Ravaged is one of the most fun Multiplayer game played that "reboot" games like Battlefield 1942 / Battlefield 2 / Desert Combat. In this game the Skill of the players really matters with all the stuff around, like weapons, vehicles, helicopters, pre-fire, reflex, etc etc. - also you will need to cooperate to win a Match. If you go Lonewolf or the team goes completely random, you lose theRavaged is one of the most fun Multiplayer game played that "reboot" games like Battlefield 1942 / Battlefield 2 / Desert Combat. In this game the Skill of the players really matters with all the stuff around, like weapons, vehicles, helicopters, pre-fire, reflex, etc etc. - also you will need to cooperate to win a Match. If you go Lonewolf or the team goes completely random, you lose the match in a couple of Minutes. Yeah there are some bugs in the game, but the game got HIGH potentials for the Competitive zone and the Developers support the Community, not like the other SH that doesn't care about the Community ( " shut up and give us the money " style ). People who complain about this game and give 0 Score it's because they probably sucked at this game and/or they are noob. Reading people that said " omg this game sucks because you can't hit " - " omg this game sucks because i can't fly with the helicopter " - just ignore them, since the Heli is the HARDEST vehicle to use in Ravaged and need lot of time on It and the part for the Hits, well, get aim and you will get Kills. The Sniper Rifle have the Bullet Drop and with 2 Hits in the body kills, 1 in the head (headshot) one-shot, from distances you need to calibrate the shot and pre-fire it (ie: if u shoot the bullet doesn't hit in that instant moment like actual noob cod games). Don't forget that the 2Dawn Team release TOTALLY FREE DLC, with new weapons, vehicles, maps and game modes - i repeat : FREE and with the lot of Feedbacks they receive, the game will be more balanced and the bugs will be no more, with the help of the community. To end : You are a Noob (and it's not an offense, once we were it too) ? You don't have Skills ? You can't drive vehicles since they also need skills ? You don't like vehicle based games ? You can't Hit ? Well, this game IS NOT for you, so better jump in a moar easy game ppl =) Expand
  18. Oct 30, 2012
    The best thing about Ravaged is the team based vehicular combat action taking place in big maps. Everything else will feel like some dull more of the same from etqw and battlefield that still needs some polishing. Cool game, but nothing ground-breaking.
  19. Nov 1, 2012
    I started out having high hopes for this game as it seemed to fit a nice rage/fallout inspired multiplayer shooter. I was let down tremendously. The gameplay is bug ridden to the point of invisible walls, "flying people," and lag driven cars. The game itself would be a decent shooter, but the constant frame drops leave this game completely unplayable. Good idea, terrible execution.
  20. Jan 10, 2013
    Awesome game,need some updates for more weapon etc.But playing,maps,mechanic is awesome.Cheap.Just need more players.I trust this point,this game will be update and new players come.
  21. Jan 12, 2013
    I loved this game *-*, has a lot of action and fun with friends. Has a little of RAGE, Boder Lands, Battle Field 3, like Mad Max films. Recomended.
  22. Aug 14, 2013
    The game is really fun once you get into a decent server. I wont judge the actual game by something that can obviously be fixed. the game brings me back to when I used to play unreal tournament for hours and hours. vehicles are a big plus as well. 9.99 is like buying a couple redbulls. worth the money.
  23. Jan 11, 2013

1. Feb 19, 2013
    Ravaged looks like a multiplayer shooter that does not give a tangible contribution to the genre. The 2 Dawn Games creatures present a gaming experience rather simple, based on the standards of many other productions.
  2. Dec 21, 2012
    Ravaged is an overall mediocre shooter which relies heavily on vehicles. Fun at times but mostly boring - it can be a suggested buy only because it's quite cheap.
  3. Nov 26, 2012
    Fun yet flawed, the postapocalyptic Ravaged is a ghost town.