Rayman 2: The Great Escape PC

8.8

1. Apr 14, 2013
    Beautiful, original art style. Great characters, especially their gibberish languages. Incredible, melodic orchestral soundtrack which ranges from mysterious to triumphal. Creative, varied, and challenging gameplay. Just a brilliant game.
  2. Mar 6, 2012
    This was one of the first games i played as a kid on my PC, and I can honestly say, that it is still one of my favourites. Beautiful surroundings, graphics and characters; fun and challenging puzzles; a simple and strong story; and just an amazing playing experience.
    By far, one of the top games of its genre.
  3. Feb 23, 2013
    My childhood favourite and still one of my favourite games.
    The world is beautiful and amazing (thanks to Michel Ancel a real genius), the gameplay is smooth and fun, the characters are awesome, and the plot, as a part of the brilliant world of Rayman, is also amazing.
  4. Mar 1, 2014
    Rayman 2 has a dark atmosphere (too dark for little kids if you ask me) and still a fairy and some minor stereotype scenes. The characters are good, but I don't know why they can't speak normal. But these are relatively insignificant picks and generally I enjoy this game!
  5. Jul 30, 2014
    When I see critics prasising platform games and they do not speak about Rayman my heart is a little bit hurt. I mean, for it's time Rayman had one of the best controls and enviroments I've ever seen. The characters were cartoony and memorable and even with a bad fighting system, the game was true to it's roots and the pursuit stages are so iconic that they should be right next to MarioWhen I see critics prasising platform games and they do not speak about Rayman my heart is a little bit hurt. I mean, for it's time Rayman had one of the best controls and enviroments I've ever seen. The characters were cartoony and memorable and even with a bad fighting system, the game was true to it's roots and the pursuit stages are so iconic that they should be right next to Mario Bros.' first stage and Green Hill. Rayman will always be our dark little gem. Expand
  6. May 19, 2012
    A true classic. Nearly a masterpiece. A lot of memories in this game. Without a doubt the best Rayman game
  7. Nov 3, 2013
    It's one of the best platform game ever created. It has music which is pretty good (especially final boss theme). Boss fights are a bit boring though. Some levels look pretty much the same, but they are still different. Game is pretty easy and can get boring after completing it few times.
    Every gamer that loves platform games should play this game.
  8. Mar 27, 2015
    Rayman 2 was one of the first games that I played between the 90s and early 2000s, and one of the first games I had on PC. I had already tried the beauty of the first chapter, but when I put hand to the second chapter I really liked it a lot.

The story was great fun, might seem trivial, but it was not for nothing. The characters obviously were beautiful, but besides Rayman stood out for the characterization Globox, Jano, Polokus and Razorbeard. The gameplay was pretty much perfect: funny and always varied (Walking shell and the Flying shell are an example), the difficulty in general was well balanced and the boss fights were beautiful and they required skills. Wanting to talk from a graphical point of view, the jump from 2D of the first chapter to 3D of the second, it was amazing. Not only Rayman 2 had an exceptional graphics, but the 3D game engine could compete with platform games of the same period as Super Mario 64. Last but not least, the soundtrack that was really well done.

In my opinion, it's hard to find fault in Rayman 2. It's a game on the edge of perfection, and one of the greatest example of videoludic-art. A pearl of the late 90s.

There are no critic reviews yet.