Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc PC

8.4

1. AitbomeronDad
    Dec 25, 2003
    My boy played the heck out of this game over and over again. Worth every penny.
  2. Apr 5, 2012
    Absolutely great game. Great bosses, minigames and music. The graphics aren't amazing obviously but the art direction is great. Really really fun, a true classic.
  3. Dec 1, 2012
    Its a great game if you have a nostalgic feeling about it or the other Rayman games, but maybe not something you would pick up in the future if you are a modern 1st or 3rd person shooter fanboy.
  4. Apr 1, 2013
    I have to say this is my favourite game of all time. The art style was really different and interesting to me, even at a young age. The combat system was very like Rayman 2's, but I'm not saying that's a bad thing. The strafing mechanics and also the effects the many different powers have on the fighting are are easy to get the hang of and become good at. I think this game is the mainI have to say this is my favourite game of all time. The art style was really different and interesting to me, even at a young age. The combat system was very like Rayman 2's, but I'm not saying that's a bad thing. The strafing mechanics and also the effects the many different powers have on the fighting are are easy to get the hang of and become good at. I think this game is the main reason that I ot into PC gaming. Expand
  5. Apr 6, 2013
    A simply incredible game. The game is somewhat short but the experience is just fantastic, there are parts of the game the really make your heart beat, the bosses and enemies are great fun albeit frustrating. The graphics is pretty good for its time and the scenery is really beautiful, there is a wide variety of places from magical forests and mythical lands to evil desserts and boggyA simply incredible game. The game is somewhat short but the experience is just fantastic, there are parts of the game the really make your heart beat, the bosses and enemies are great fun albeit frustrating. The graphics is pretty good for its time and the scenery is really beautiful, there is a wide variety of places from magical forests and mythical lands to evil desserts and boggy swamps, it is rather artistic. The camera angling can really get on your nerves but otherwise combats really enjoyable. An imaginative, inspiring game with great humour and good solid gameplay. Expand
  6. Jul 30, 2014
    This game is brilliant. You can take away Murphy and his stupid 4th wall DEMOLITION and you have a nice and solid Rayman title. Yes, in some parts the graphics are amazingly outdated but I think it's part of a certain charm that only Rayman games can give us. Alas, old friend.
  7. May 18, 2015
    I'm not sure what everyone is so pleased with when it comes to this, the third title (officially) in the Rayman series. As a veteran of the series, even I realize Rayman 2 is a tough act to follow, but its fairly obvious that the team behind this game was ready to drop what made that title so solid and instead felt it was necessary to completely jump the shark from the get go. InstantlyI'm not sure what everyone is so pleased with when it comes to this, the third title (officially) in the Rayman series. As a veteran of the series, even I realize Rayman 2 is a tough act to follow, but its fairly obvious that the team behind this game was ready to drop what made that title so solid and instead felt it was necessary to completely jump the shark from the get go. Instantly we're reintroduced to the tutorial character from second game and instantly I'm annoyed at the fact that instead of comical gibberish, he's been given a humorless voice instead. He in fact says actual words, which are miserably unfunny. Their is some kind of undercurrent of parody going on in the first 5 minutes of the game that turned me off from even bothering to continue playing and to be honest I'm completely confused as to why anyone thought it was a necessary in Hoodlum Havoc's "presentation." For the most part computer controls are not very good even with a proper controller, the resolution is fixed at a pitiful 4:3 resolution of 1280x960 which is kind of silly as the The great escape allows much higher resolutions through glide or even an emulated glide API. The music seems like a poor-mans attempt at re-creating the brilliance of the Rayman 2, and visually I'd say it doesn't fair much better than 2nd game either (keep in mind its utilizing Directx8 vs Directx6/7/Glide). The praise for this game I completely understand, but you would have to be able to stomach the complete evisceration of the series as you know it, and forget the other two games even existed as well. Rayman 2 is quite old now, I realize this, but it has a lot of atmosphere, a great soundtrack, very memorable portions, and gorgeous level design. I'm sure Hoodlum Havoc has some of this, but you'd have to have much lower standards to get something out of it ultimately. Expand
  8. Mar 1, 2014
    The gameplay is various and it has many funny and interesting scenes. The characters are good and I'm glad they can speak normal (in contrast to Rayman 2). You can unlock mini games and videos by collecting points, which is truly effectively.
  9. Feb 12, 2014
    One of the bests, if not the best platform game you were able to find at this time. The atmosphere given by the music and by the game design is just wonderful, the humorous touch is omnipresent.
  10. Mar 24, 2015
    Unlike Rayman 2/Revolution, this game is much more humorous (sometimes way too much) and focuses on battling rather than exploring which is a shame, as it makes it considerably shorter and the levels are broken to smaller segments in which you have almost no freedom (there are no branching paths). It is still a very good platformer with good boss fights and varied landscapes, but it isUnlike Rayman 2/Revolution, this game is much more humorous (sometimes way too much) and focuses on battling rather than exploring which is a shame, as it makes it considerably shorter and the levels are broken to smaller segments in which you have almost no freedom (there are no branching paths). It is still a very good platformer with good boss fights and varied landscapes, but it is nowhere near the level of Rayman 2/Revolution. There is a new system of gaining points which is a way of unlocking minigames (most of them are bad, though) and bonus videos (which are short, but funny). All in all, a solid 3D platformer that takes a different turn from Rayman 2. Expand
  11. Jul 1, 2015
    - Good: Gameplay, Art direction, Sounds, Atmosphere
    - Mixed: Story, Exploration
    - Bad: ---

Very entertaining game, varied gameplay and great locations.
  12. Dec 2, 2015
    The greatest platformer ever made. Simply.
    The only game after 2010 which reach the R3:HH level is Alice: Madness Return. Also Cloudbuilt is perfect, but... Olny the Rayman have this kind of humour and colorful world, which force you to play this game again and again and again, until you learn it for your memory :-)

1. A game that is entertaining and frustrating because the environmental rules change within the same maps. You can walk to the edge on one bridge, but do it on another and you’ll fall off.
  2. A great arcade platformer, which is still a rarity on PC, excellent atmosphere, low frustration level, humor, and did I mention the game has reasonable price tag of $19.99...
  3. Computer Gaming World
    If only the camera system were half as responsive as the bad guys are. [July 2003, p.89]