Rayman Origins PC

8.4

1. Apr 1, 2012
    Beautiful art, no DRM, and works great with a gamepad. There are plenty of hidden easter eggs and the soundtrack always seems to be spot on. A must buy if you liked the original 2D rayman games.
  2. Mar 29, 2012
    A perfect game for families.

A perfect game for families.

I purchased this game at Christmas for my boys, who are 3 and 4 years old. They have been playing it for 4 months now with no sign of getting bored of it. Because the game is cooperative, both of them are always playing together which means no waiting around. Throughout January I was getting past most of the hard stuff for them, but now my 3 year old has exceeded my skill level at the game... and I'm a gamer. At first I thought he was some kind of videogame savant, but I now realize that it's just an amazing game that keeps kids and adults completely engaged having fun together. The game also allows you to beat each other up along the way making for some hilarious mishaps.

The game is the most polished platformer I've played since Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario World. However, I would dare to say that Rayman Origins takes the title as the greatest platformer ever created. The designers have included the kitchen sink, but it all melds together perfectly. It's difficulty ramp is perfect, the animations are mind blowing & blend together absolutely seemlessly, it's funny, the music is amazing, it's innovative, it's polished, the graphics are total eye candy, the painted backgrounds are beautiful, and best of all: it's somehow just as fun for adults as it is for children. In a world where video games have turned into a cult of the new, with sequel after uninspiring sequel, this game stands alone as something that game development houses used to stand for. Though the game has only sold a few hundred thousand copies, I strongly believe that it will still be selling 50 years from now, as it is honestly EVERYTHING that anyone could ever ask from a platformer and more.
  3. Mar 29, 2012
    Outstanding visual design, great music, goofy story and sense of humor plus precise controls and just simple plain fun throughout make Rayman Origins a sublime platformer in a gaming world obsessed with online shooters. It's a MUST!
  4. Apr 1, 2012
    Note: This game does have support for the Xbox 360 controller for windows, but the controllers must be turned on when the program starts. The art and music in this game are simply amazing. They take what is essentially a basic platformer and make it into something fun and memorable. It has multiplayer support similar to New Super Mario Bros. but without most of the annoying conflictsNote: This game does have support for the Xbox 360 controller for windows, but the controllers must be turned on when the program starts. The art and music in this game are simply amazing. They take what is essentially a basic platformer and make it into something fun and memorable. It has multiplayer support similar to New Super Mario Bros. but without most of the annoying conflicts and collisions from it. Highly recommended. Expand
  5. Apr 3, 2012
    Think back to your favorite childhood cartoon. That's what Rayman Origins is like. Beautiful visuals with a great art style and animations, music that fits perfectly into the audiovisual experience, quirky and entertaining characters, a level design that is easy to learn and hard to master (if you're after high scores) and an up to four player co-op mode to play with family or friends. AndThink back to your favorite childhood cartoon. That's what Rayman Origins is like. Beautiful visuals with a great art style and animations, music that fits perfectly into the audiovisual experience, quirky and entertaining characters, a level design that is easy to learn and hard to master (if you're after high scores) and an up to four player co-op mode to play with family or friends. And on top of that the PC version comes entirely without intrusive DRM, third party software or other annoying anti piracy measures and costs less than most other full size games. There are only a few games I keep in the back of my head to show my children if I ever have some, and this is definitely one of them. Expand
  6. Apr 12, 2012
    Above all I have to say the presentation is amazing. Firstly comes an artwork, then an excellent game. Also the difficulty curve is pretty good.You would not feel too frustrated if only for a fluid experience, yet so many possibilities to be discovered. GJ OST & 2D drawing.
  7. Apr 4, 2012
    Best platformer in a loooong time. Good hearted fun and a blast in co op. Old school platforming fans rejoice, rayman is back and better than ever!!!
  8. Mar 30, 2012
    Great gameplay elements. Nice artwork and visual style. Soundtrack is amazing. Everything fits nice and perfectly upon each other. Definitely the comeback for Rayman. It's a must have for everyone.
  9. May 7, 2012
    Beautiful aesthetics, silky smooth animations, wacky soundtrack and fast paced chaotic platforming staying true to the original rayman game. One of my favorite games last year and the PC version is just as good, with surprising lack of DRM from Ubisoft
  10. Mar 19, 2013
    What I can say about this game? This is very beautiful, cheerful platformer. Good graphics, unusual characters, good soundtrack. So, playing on keyboard is comfortable. You should play. 9 of 10.
  11. Aug 8, 2013
    The best platformer for the moment. It is not even discussed! Forget all of that you played before. We have before us a new standard. In a few days will be a new part of the game and the fun will continue!
  12. Nov 20, 2013
    As far as platformer games go, this is one of the best I've played in a very long time… The animations are superb, the environments are incredible, the menus are all well presented and the character selections are vast. I wasn't overly optimistic about Rayman becoming a 2.5D side scroll game as a supposed to the 3D adventure style of the past, but it truly was a fantastic gamingAs far as platformer games go, this is one of the best I've played in a very long time… The animations are superb, the environments are incredible, the menus are all well presented and the character selections are vast. I wasn't overly optimistic about Rayman becoming a 2.5D side scroll game as a supposed to the 3D adventure style of the past, but it truly was a fantastic gaming experience. The only gripes I have with the game comes down to some of the truly unnecessary difficult moments near the end, every single move during certain segments has to be performed point perfect, it felt like BIT.TRIP.RUNNER but overall it was an awesome game! Expand
  13. Apr 3, 2012
    Stunning graphics, fantastic soundtrack, tight controls, excellent level design, amusing and whimsical storyline... You owe it to yourself to buy this.
  14. Apr 4, 2012
    This is the first game I preordered and I have been too buy too play the game but I'm 30 minutes in and I have to say it's pretty fun. I love the soundtrack and I got a free copy of Rayman 2 with the preorder. Now that's awesome.
  15. Aug 14, 2012
    Beautiful graphics, very rough levels, some funny moments, and plenty of levels. I have not encountered any bugs that stood out like a sore thumb, was happy with the DRM free goodness. I cannot think of any serious downsides other than maybe redundancy and frustratingly difficult levels.
  16. Apr 4, 2012
    I had a few smaller problems when playing with keyboard but honestly, anyone that regularly plays platformers that doesn't have a gamepad is a bit odd. It works perfectly with my 360 pad.
    The art is beautiful, there are lots of small secrets, and it's plain (/v/ would hate me for this) fun.
  17. Apr 28, 2012
    The Canadian government can be proud of co-funding such an excellent piece of art! All games should be of such superior, flawless, beautiful quality.

I hope they will make a version for kids one day, a version that's a bit less hard.
  18. May 26, 2012
    Brilliant,just brilliant! I have no words...a returning to origins...the 2d graphic,the sound,this game is truly a masterpiece of art,talent and skill!
  19. Jul 22, 2013
    The best platformer ever made in my opinion an absolute must have for any gamer who grew up playing donkey kong country mario etc etc i really hope they release rayman legends on the pc platform because i will buy it day one this game is absolutly amazing buy it
  20. Jun 11, 2012
    Great for cooperative playing. I've been playing this game with my girlfriend (both of us with wireless gamepads) and we have had a blast!
    It's like a super Mario Bros with nice graphs, music, level design, etc. It is clearly a console-type game, with no intellectual aspirations, but runs great on the PC and is lot's of fun when playing cooperative.
  21. Jun 14, 2012
    Rayman Origins is a very interesting game with excellent graphics, style and gameplay. So i think that this is very funny and just good game for all ages.
  22. Jan 6, 2013
    This game is good for kids alone but not the best game ever.
    BUT, with 2,3 or 4 players this game is very, very FUN !
    Beautiful, handy and inventive is the perfect game for the whole family !
  23. Apr 22, 2013
    Simply the finest platformer I've had the pleasure of playing. The engine is remarkable, all the assets (art, music, animation) are remarkably well-made, cute and clean and consistent. The scoring and difficulty are perfect and in local co-op it really shines. With some gamepads, it's a beautiful and fun kid-friendly game. One of the favorite games I have on Steam.
  24. Mar 10, 2013
    This extremely fresh masterpiece is a perfect example of what a modern day 2D platformer should be. Rayman Origins is an inspired game disguised as a flash cartoon which anyone can enjoy.
  25. Aug 19, 2013
    never tried a rayman game before but this one is outstanding the game play is fun and challenging and with amazing art and music this game is a masterpiece
  26. Nov 30, 2013
    Best and most nice 2D platformer game on game console since Crash Bandicoot really, if you have kid, friends or you are interested in nice graphic and challinging game THIS IS YOUR CHOICE! :D
  27. Aug 7, 2014
    Sweet mother of monkey milk, I love this game. It's gorgeous-looking, it's wonderful-sounding, and it's pure fun platforming. Each level is perfect with the just the right difficulty, great replayability, and fun beat em' up action that is melded into the platforming in a seemingly effortless way. This is platforming perfection. It's so good to have Rayman back!
  28. Oct 8, 2014
    Yet another great game by Ubisoft. Really everything in this game music, controls, colorful graphics, characters is loveable and carefully designed. I finished it in 2 players local co-op and it was extremely fun. And one last think, do not be fooled by graphics, the game is really hard to beat but on the way you enjoy it!
  29. Nov 19, 2014
    A visually gorgeous platformer. Rayman Origins is challenging without being unforgiving, and boasts some varied and truly fantastic level design. Surprisingly lengthy to boot!
  30. Mar 29, 2012
    Rayman Origins is return to the original 2D Rayman which i presonally consider the best part of the series. Long waiting in Rayman series for sure paid off in this part.

1. Jun 28, 2012
    A well-written story could have transformed Rayman Origins into a beautiful fairytale. Without it, it's an incredibly fun ride and a great party game.
  2. PC Master (Greece)
    May 16, 2012
    Rayman Origins re-introduces an intense freshness to a genre that many gamers chose to remember by a couple of well-known brand names that monopolize interest… and the rest consider long dead. It delivers many hours of pure fun (and some discomfort for completionists) and does that in the best way possible. [May 2012]
  3. Apr 27, 2012