Real Myst PC

• Release Date: Nov 14, 2000
8.2

1. JamesM.
    Oct 4, 2008
    Your going to wish there were more games like this, an absolute classic of the highest order I smile just thinking about it.
  2. Mar 7, 2012
    I haven't played Myst since it's initial release 18 years ago. After playing it again, I have to admit I'm still left utterly amazed. Even today, the puzzle elements remain cutting edge stuff. The 3D rendering was a nice touch in this version of the game, although the graphics could definitely use a much needed facelift. It's still a premier adventure puzzle game--an absolute must-play ifI haven't played Myst since it's initial release 18 years ago. After playing it again, I have to admit I'm still left utterly amazed. Even today, the puzzle elements remain cutting edge stuff. The 3D rendering was a nice touch in this version of the game, although the graphics could definitely use a much needed facelift. It's still a premier adventure puzzle game--an absolute must-play if you've never experienced it before. Expand
  3. Apr 10, 2013
    Finally, after all the years of wishing there would be a real time release of one of the most incredible puzzle games released, it finally hits the shelves! If you are a Myst fan, this absolutely must be added to your collection. The first Myst game released in 1994 was epic and beautiful, now picture full 3D rotation and real time movement. The time of day and night even rotates toFinally, after all the years of wishing there would be a real time release of one of the most incredible puzzle games released, it finally hits the shelves! If you are a Myst fan, this absolutely must be added to your collection. The first Myst game released in 1994 was epic and beautiful, now picture full 3D rotation and real time movement. The time of day and night even rotates to give an additional altering experience to the gamer.

There were so many times I wished I could move around and explore in the original Myst game, but now you can with Real Myst. Continue the adventure all over again, for the first time in a new light.
  4. May 31, 2011
    I played Real Myst without any experiences of playing any other Myst games (including original Myst) before. I had a great fun with this game since I encountered all the puzzles in the game for the first time. The puzzles in the game are logical enough to be solved without any walkthroughs. After I finished this game, I tried to play the original Myst but I couldn't finish it because it isI played Real Myst without any experiences of playing any other Myst games (including original Myst) before. I had a great fun with this game since I encountered all the puzzles in the game for the first time. The puzzles in the game are logical enough to be solved without any walkthroughs. After I finished this game, I tried to play the original Myst but I couldn't finish it because it is just a repetition of the same thing with less amazing graphics than Real Myst. If you would like to play only one Myst game, I think that Real Myst is the one. Expand
    Jun 27, 2002
    This game is great!!!
  6. Phythas
    May 3, 2002
    No Words!!!!!
  7. JamesT.
    Feb 15, 2002
    I'm a dedicated Myst fan, and I would definitely recomend realMYST to anyone. I'm sorry to see that some people have negative views about such a wonderfully beautiful game, although the navagation is a bit difficult.
  8. Jan 12, 2013
    This really brings back nostalgic feelings! MYST, a legendary game back it's time, refined with better graphics and an full 3D environment. Definitely a must-have for any adventure- and puzzle-lovers.
  9. Dec 17, 2012
    A 3D port of Myst that works better on modern hardware. I feel that the freedom of movement and 3D detracts from the original but it's still basically the same game. If you haven't played Myst before I suggest trying the original; if you're unable to get the original working then pick up this version.

1. Just because the engine has been updated doesn't mean the game is any less tedious or frustrating than it was in its original form.
  2. What keeps realMYST from earning the high honors is the problematic control system that makes clicking on the right areas difficult; especially the much darker nature of the environment at night, making navigation quite hellish and the solving of puzzles relatively impossible.
  3. The immersive world created by realMyst was a visual and auditory joy, but it was still essentially a game I had played before, even with the addition of Rime.