Realm of the Mad God PC

7.0

1. Dec 3, 2013
    Honestly its the worst top down, 8 pixel, shooting game I have ever played. The sheer fact the developers don't give enough of a flying crap to put in a CHAPTA in the registering process is ENRAGING. THE NEXUS IS FULL, I MEAN FULL OF ONLY SPAM. YOU CANT EVEN TALK TO ANOTHER PLAYER IF YOU TRIED! They are all selling items farmed by OTHER BOTS. The whole game is based on potions and itemsHonestly its the worst top down, 8 pixel, shooting game I have ever played. The sheer fact the developers don't give enough of a flying crap to put in a CHAPTA in the registering process is ENRAGING. THE NEXUS IS FULL, I MEAN FULL OF ONLY SPAM. YOU CANT EVEN TALK TO ANOTHER PLAYER IF YOU TRIED! They are all selling items farmed by OTHER BOTS. The whole game is based on potions and items from what i can tell because YOU CAN'T GET ANY GOLD WITHOUT BUYING IT FOR REAL MONEY. so you have to try to grind for hours and hours to find an OK item. The fact you can escape ANY battle with one click is a JOKE, sure its perma death....WITH A BUTTON that I'm sure everyone uses. There will be rare occasions where you might feel like your going to die, but who cares, NEXUS. There are rare random events that can have a one shot kill happen but its easy to dodge AS LONG AS THE LAG IS BEARABLE! The lag makes it feel un responsive, soo many shots from so many different enemies make picking up items that should be easy to pick up almost impossible to do without either loosing them due to time limit or getting damaged from everything shooting at you. no you won't die its just a huge pain in the butt, not to mention you get 6 slots in you inventory, that's it.
    you get a vault to keep your 6 best items that you don't want to loose if you die. so if your one of the suckers who bought an item or money and you die with it on you....LOL...its gone. for a game with so low res, im shocked at the memory leaks and the lag after 1 hour playing. I had to restart it every hour to make it feel fast again. WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!! ALL THE GRAPHICS ARE FREE, AS IN YOU CAN USE THEM YOURSELF, THEY ARE AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE FROM A CONTEST IN THE PAST....the game Dev's didn't even draw ANYTHING. ITS ALL COPY PASTE!
  2. Apr 11, 2013
    Been playing this game for 2 years, USED to be good, Now it has been bought by KABAM which damaged the game content to an extreme level, making it completely broken under every point of view.

0/10 Friendly to beginner.
    0/10 Endgame content (Doesn't exist)
    0/10 Customer support (Mods and GM don't care and only Delete message from people pointing out flaws)
  3. Jun 6, 2013
    Where I like simplicity of this game and gameplay, I dislike losing your progress of character in 1 secound when you die you lose all items and stats of character hardly erned by farming potions(about 600 hours to max all). Playing in this it's just waste of time. In addition new owner of game Kabam will make sure that you will die fast so they can make more money of you from sellingWhere I like simplicity of this game and gameplay, I dislike losing your progress of character in 1 secound when you die you lose all items and stats of character hardly erned by farming potions(about 600 hours to max all). Playing in this it's just waste of time. In addition new owner of game Kabam will make sure that you will die fast so they can make more money of you from selling weapons and armour for real money. Expand
  4. Sep 7, 2012
    This game fails to achieve the goal of a fun fast pace shooting MMORPG. The lack of customization and depth in design is terrible. Stopping to judge equipment to pick up is such an ugly chore. And health and mana potions should have a hot key. I would like to have auto pick up settings. All this tedium could be forgiven if killing the monsters themselves weren't empty and joyless.This game fails to achieve the goal of a fun fast pace shooting MMORPG. The lack of customization and depth in design is terrible. Stopping to judge equipment to pick up is such an ugly chore. And health and mana potions should have a hot key. I would like to have auto pick up settings. All this tedium could be forgiven if killing the monsters themselves weren't empty and joyless. There is no fun to be had. This game is missing everything that makes a game a game. Expand
  5. Apr 26, 2012
    Sure you can go grab loot in the battlefield and its fun for about 40 minutes. Then you have a full loot bag and wonder what to do with it. You decide to go back to the city and sell your loot. Or so you thought, but no vendor can be found? That's right, instead you have to stash it in your 1 vault box or drop in on the ground for others. The ONLY way to get gold is to put down $CASH$. SoSure you can go grab loot in the battlefield and its fun for about 40 minutes. Then you have a full loot bag and wonder what to do with it. You decide to go back to the city and sell your loot. Or so you thought, but no vendor can be found? That's right, instead you have to stash it in your 1 vault box or drop in on the ground for others. The ONLY way to get gold is to put down $CASH$. So have fun paying to win if you want, but I would recommend looking elsewhere or simply being realistic and buying a game where it's cash up front and gameplay isn't designed to make you spend. Expand
  6. Oct 6, 2012
    Realm of the Mad God is a free to play online game. They like to consider themselves a MMO (massive multi-player online game), but their player bases or the size of the game is FAR from "massive".

It is a "bullet storm" stylized game, meaning you shoot stuff, a lot. The game play is actually fairly shallow and lacks any lasting appeal to it. There is a complete lack of character building or creation and lacks any sort of real engrossing, long lasting game play.

The graphics are "retro", I don't know about any other gamers, but I am starting to get tired of this whole "retro" appeal. I don't have the computer I current own, to play games more suited to an era long gone by in gaming history. There lacks any depth or detail to the graphics.

On a side note, while vast majority of the players may not realize it, or even care, the graphics used in the Realm of the Mad God are actually free to use, open source graphics, created in a contest awhile back. You can easily find the same graphics online, for your own use. For me, that right there, lacking their own creative ability to draw or create their own graphics is a major downfall for me. No where do I even see them giving credit to the author either. Which is just low. Period. Junk game, junk graphics, junk play style. Stay away from this title.
  7. Feb 22, 2012
    REALM OF THE LAME GOD This game starts off strong with the 8 bit graphics look of old school RPG's, then falls flat on its face with counter-intuitive currency, lack of character building choices , lack of challenge and money grabbing schemes. 1.) You have to die to gain ^ currency (the counter intuitive part where DIEING= WINNING). Items cannot be sold to gain currency so there isREALM OF THE LAME GOD This game starts off strong with the 8 bit graphics look of old school RPG's, then falls flat on its face with counter-intuitive currency, lack of character building choices , lack of challenge and money grabbing schemes. 1.) You have to die to gain ^ currency (the counter intuitive part where DIEING= WINNING). Items cannot be sold to gain currency so there is no use in picking up items that you cannot use now or on your next character.

2.) The only things that differentiates your character from everyone else is your class, your gear and your level. So My endgame wizard is the same as everyone elses, assuming you live that long...

3.) Which shouldn't be that hard considering that the game is relatively easy. Anytime you get into trouble you are one button click away from teleporting your way to safety. 4.) You start off with a limited number of character slots (the maximum number of characters you can have) and limited storage space in the vault. Both of these limitations are a money grab scheme designed to make you to buy their premium currency "gold".

Call me Charlie Sheen ....but all of this adds up to a game that only a loser could love.
  8. Nov 7, 2012
    Wow, hey developer, 1982 called and they want their graphics back. Certainly I wouldn't fault a game simply because it looks like it belongs on an NES 8bit. However, I will fault a game that has 1 goal. Hold down the left button and run. If you can do that, you can master this game. No thought or skill required. A little manual dexterity and you are a god. There are many other free gamesWow, hey developer, 1982 called and they want their graphics back. Certainly I wouldn't fault a game simply because it looks like it belongs on an NES 8bit. However, I will fault a game that has 1 goal. Hold down the left button and run. If you can do that, you can master this game. No thought or skill required. A little manual dexterity and you are a god. There are many other free games out there that are better to spend your time on. Expand
  9. May 2, 2013
    My score of this game has gone from 10 to 0 now thanks to Kabam's recent changes to the game:

1. best items in this game are now being sold for $$$$$$ 2. there are overpowered pets that are virtually impossible to get unless you use $$$$$ 3. customer support is terrible now; forum moderators (who are not employees of Kabam) are more helpful than support. 4. Kabam doesn't care

1. best items in this game are now being sold for $$$$$$

4. Kabam doesn't care about the game; they release new builds filled with game-breaking bugs, don't bother upgrading the servers to reduce lag and accommodate the growing number of players, and don't bother satisfying customers.

5. Kabam LIED to the community. The leader of the RotMG division said that they wouldn't sell tops in nexus; later the statement was edited and Kabam started selling tops in nexus.

The game is still fun, but achievements feel hollow and I'm always scared that my character will die from lag or be deleted thanks to a glitch that is affecting a lot of people.
  10. Apr 11, 2013
    Kabam bought wildshadow's and effectively turned it into a pay to win failure, this game has lost everything that made it fun.

Now. You can buy most items in the game now for real money they said only tier 9, well there are now selling tops... some of the best items you can get in the game and they added a pet system that requires so much fame it would take months of a well knowledge

Now.
    You can buy most items in the game now for real money they said only tier 9, well there are now selling tops... some of the best items you can get in the game and they added a pet system that requires so much fame it would take months of a well knowledge player fame farming to get a good pet, while someone else could just spend money getting the same result.

The game is horrible optimized it takes week's for the development team to actually solve bugs, the only thing they introduce is new ways for you to give them money.. rather then actual fixing the game.
    If you don't die from horrible lag when playing then count yourself lucky.
  11. Feb 24, 2013
    mostly everything involves paying to get gold to buy good equipment,backpack space, and vaults. other currency is fame which you get from dying but cant buy vaults because that would be against their money grabbing scheme. at least you can get some less important items but with a high cost of fame usually about 100-300 deaths since only a few actually get a fair amount of fame. god highmostly everything involves paying to get gold to buy good equipment,backpack space, and vaults. other currency is fame which you get from dying but cant buy vaults because that would be against their money grabbing scheme. at least you can get some less important items but with a high cost of fame usually about 100-300 deaths since only a few actually get a fair amount of fame. god high spawn, dungeons and bosses designed to kill you with some of their high cc (slow instantly drops spd by half to 80%, paralyzed that make you immobile so they cant miss, or confused that changes movement that none to a few can navigate when it matters.) and high dmg where some bosses can kill any maxed character with 1 to as high as 3 shots or even stupider minions even one if messing up can instantly kill within secs. other things include no daily chance, annoying players attempting/preventing to steal loot (as in dmg to god/boss for soulbound). Then there is the lag that's obviously their servers but refuse to do anything about it except to start over and pay (they dont come out and say pay but the *intention is there*). It is futher proven since all who know about kabaam, all to most hate them because of their lag, ignored suggestions, etc Expand
  12. Jul 1, 2013
    The game is very awesome and fun. But when you go to the main hub Where you find the shops there are like 50 people at the spawn point spamming things like WARLD SHAP 2.0 The cheapest things like rings and weapons! BUY OUR STUFF NOW!!!!! and is not true because there are 50 other spambot people advertising different shops but are saying the EXACT SAME THING!!! all with names like jin,The game is very awesome and fun. But when you go to the main hub Where you find the shops there are like 50 people at the spawn point spamming things like WARLD SHAP 2.0 The cheapest things like rings and weapons! BUY OUR STUFF NOW!!!!! and is not true because there are 50 other spambot people advertising different shops but are saying the EXACT SAME THING!!! all with names like jin, iwfh, iudh, ieruijer. What is wrong with this crap?!?! I would rather watch My Little Pony for the rest of my life than to play this peice of crap. WHY?!?! WHY ALLOW SPAMBOTS?!?! GIVE A CAPCHA OR SOMETHING WHEN REGISTERING?!?! The game is great but it is ruined by all the spambots in the main hall. Expand
  13. Dec 20, 2015
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  14. Oct 26, 2013
    Das Spiel ist ganz nett, aber es macht mit den Einstellungen vom Kabam keinen Sinn. Drops kriegt man da nur von anderen hohen Spielern wen man genug bettelt, selber finden ist unmöglich fast. Items kriegt man nur wen man genug schaden austeilt, da du als lowie keine Items findest die guten dmg machen ist es eigentlich nur darauf ausgelegt Geld zu investieren, jedoch wer investiert schon inDas Spiel ist ganz nett, aber es macht mit den Einstellungen vom Kabam keinen Sinn. Drops kriegt man da nur von anderen hohen Spielern wen man genug bettelt, selber finden ist unmöglich fast. Items kriegt man nur wen man genug schaden austeilt, da du als lowie keine Items findest die guten dmg machen ist es eigentlich nur darauf ausgelegt Geld zu investieren, jedoch wer investiert schon in ein Game wo nix dropt und der Fun Faktor dadurch nahezu 0 ist. Viel Risiko wenig Fun im Verhältnis zum Risiko. Wenn man bedenkt das Risiko und Glück Proportional zueinander stehen sollten, dann kann man sagen das Spiel ist reine Zeitverschwendung. Ich Spiele nun etwa 1 Woche und bin schon so abgenerft von dem Setting von Kabam. Naja dieses Wochende war das schlechteste was ich in Rotmg je gesehen habe. Tote Hose. Das Game hat Sucht Faktor aber nur max 2 Tage bei so einem Verhältnis.
    Ich spiele dieses Wochende mal noch durch bevor ich es Deinstalliere und schreibe danach mal eine vollständige Rezension Das die bei Kabam nicht die hellsten köpfe haben das war mir schon bewusst, aber das die so ein FailSetting hinkriegen, Respekt wie man aus nem Super Game nen Failgame hinbekommt. Von Bugs die Minimum schon 2 Jahre da sind wird ich jetzt mal nicht von reden. Gj
  15. Jan 3, 2014
    Nope. A friend of mine tried to get me into this game. I started off on a title page that is glitchy and if you mess up you have to restart the game. I press play and I am swarmed with advertisements and restrictions: Buy this buy that! It's free to play so we can spam you all we want! Next I am only allowed to play one class, Wizard. I spawn in a terrible looking map and get 2 moves.Nope. A friend of mine tried to get me into this game. I started off on a title page that is glitchy and if you mess up you have to restart the game. I press play and I am swarmed with advertisements and restrictions: Buy this buy that! It's free to play so we can spam you all we want! Next I am only allowed to play one class, Wizard. I spawn in a terrible looking map and get 2 moves. Click and spacebar. Spacebar does a special move and clicking is a regular move.
    After killing chickens I find myself in this place where there is a statue asking me to give myself a name. I type my name in and realize there is no way to enter the name and continue. Restart again, i spawn online and out of the tutorial with no idea what to do. My friend (guiding me) tells me to press a button (r i think). I spawn into a hub with bot controlled players spamming the chat so fast that half the screen was always covered with pointless words. Don't bother talking in the hub. I go to name myself the was my friend tells me. I then go to this cave that he again, tells me to go to (because they explain nothing inside the game so someone else has to explain it for me.) I start running around moving my mouse in circles shooting projectiles and random enemies I don't even know if this game has a story or not). My friend tells me (again) to kill myself every time I reach level 5 so i can unlock the next class. Yep. I reach level 5, kill myself, unlock the next class. (Why you can't be given the classes at the start? Beats me. Anyway I ended up dieing on the next class because it was even worse than the starting class.

Any positives? Well it is free to play at least, the controls are easy in combat, the AI is "ok" and there still are items and a leveling system.

That's it. And it dosn't even matter anyway. it's canceled out by the fact that whenever a character you own dies, he and his items are permanently deleted. Yep. Liked that max level with all of those awesome rare weapons? Gone you died. Try again.

So if you want to play a game where you're spinning your mouse in circles, losing valuable items, and trying to figure out the point, you should play this game.

One more thing, I only put 32 minutes of time into the game to create this review. It could possibly be better if you played it more.

Summary negatives: -No (known) story line
    -Ad swarm
    -Minimal assistance for new players
    -Losing everything permanently on death
    -Cancels out positives
    -Boring gameplay
    -Very glitchy menus
    -high restrictions in beginning

Summary positives: +Ok AI
    +Playable gameplay
    +Ok leveling system and item system.
    +free to play

Final score: 4/10

1. Apr 16, 2012
    An anarchic lo-fi MMO with a refreshing disregard for your sanity. Unrepentantly simplistic and fun. [May 2012, p.94]
  2. Apr 4, 2012
    Lag was an acceptable issue in games up until five or so years ago. At this point, most high-quality online experiences are relatively lag free. That's why I have to say that RMG is not a high-quality experience, but not just because of lag; Realm of the Mad God suffers in its simplicity.
  3. Apr 2, 2012
    Superb. It's a game that can be played in 30-minute bursts or sessions that stretch long into the night, and its balance of instant gratification and long-term pay-off is beautifully done. It's the perfect game for people who love the idea of raiding, but can't afford to invest the time all MMOs require before the really good stuff - and all for free.