6.8

1. Apr 12, 2014
    I would consider this to be the best "shooter" game out there. No not the FPS games, the ones with a bunch of bullets on the screen. One way to describe this game is satisfying. When you get that tier 11 or 12 armor you are really happy. It's a great game to take a 3-4 month break and come back. It is a fun little game, I like the pixelated style (although it doesn't have any purpose and it would be the same game without it), it's satifying, and it's a great game to play with your buddies, 6/8 Expand
  2. Jan 17, 2014
    It all depends on preference as to whether or not you'll find this game enjoyable. If you're not the kind of person willing to start over often, this game isn't for you. The pros of this game are the simple, straightforward playing style, as well as it's addictive loot system. Cons are mostly related to the fact that you can buy essentially every equipment item in the game for real money, defeating the purpose of working to get good gear. Overall, I'd say it's a good game, but not for everyone. Expand
  3. Jan 3, 2014
    Nope. A friend of mine tried to get me into this game. I started off on a title page that is glitchy and if you mess up you have to restart the game. I press play and I am swarmed with advertisements and restrictions: Buy this buy that! It's free to play so we can spam you all we want! Next I am only allowed to play one class, Wizard. I spawn in a terrible looking map and get 2 moves. Click and spacebar. Spacebar does a special move and clicking is a regular move.
    After killing chickens I find myself in this place where there is a statue asking me to give myself a name. I type my name in and realize there is no way to enter the name and continue. Restart again, i spawn online and out of the tutorial with no idea what to do. My friend (guiding me) tells me to press a button (r i think). I spawn into a hub with bot controlled players spamming the chat so fast that half the screen was always covered with pointless words. Don't bother talking in the hub. I go to name myself the was my friend tells me. I then go to this cave that he again, tells me to go to (because they explain nothing inside the game so someone else has to explain it for me.) I start running around moving my mouse in circles shooting projectiles and random enemies I don't even know if this game has a story or not). My friend tells me (again) to kill myself every time I reach level 5 so i can unlock the next class. Yep. I reach level 5, kill myself, unlock the next class. (Why you can't be given the classes at the start? Beats me. Anyway I ended up dieing on the next class because it was even worse than the starting class.

Any positives? Well it is free to play at least, the controls are easy in combat, the AI is "ok" and there still are items and a leveling system.

That's it. And it dosn't even matter anyway. it's canceled out by the fact that whenever a character you own dies, he and his items are permanently deleted. Yep. Liked that max level with all of those awesome rare weapons? Gone you died. Try again.

So if you want to play a game where you're spinning your mouse in circles, losing valuable items, and trying to figure out the point, you should play this game.

One more thing, I only put 32 minutes of time into the game to create this review. It could possibly be better if you played it more.

Summary negatives: -No (known) story line
    -Ad swarm
    -Minimal assistance for new players
    -Losing everything permanently on death
    -Cancels out positives
    -Boring gameplay
    -Very glitchy menus
    -high restrictions in beginning

Summary positives: +Ok AI
    +Playable gameplay
    +Ok leveling system and item system.
    +free to play

Final score: 4/10
  4. Dec 27, 2013
    I can never get high powered items but that doesn't matter as it's a very well made game. The damage system is good and despite the lo-res graphics, the colours make it look great.
  5. Dec 3, 2013
    Honestly its the worst top down, 8 pixel, shooting game I have ever played. The sheer fact the developers don't give enough of a flying crap to put in a CHAPTA in the registering process is ENRAGING. THE NEXUS IS FULL, I MEAN FULL OF ONLY SPAM. YOU CANT EVEN TALK TO ANOTHER PLAYER IF YOU TRIED! They are all selling items farmed by OTHER BOTS. The whole game is based on potions and items from what i can tell because YOU CAN'T GET ANY GOLD WITHOUT BUYING IT FOR REAL MONEY. so you have to try to grind for hours and hours to find an OK item. The fact you can escape ANY battle with one click is a JOKE, sure its perma death....WITH A BUTTON that I'm sure everyone uses. There will be rare occasions where you might feel like your going to die, but who cares, NEXUS. There are rare random events that can have a one shot kill happen but its easy to dodge AS LONG AS THE LAG IS BEARABLE! The lag makes it feel un responsive, soo many shots from so many different enemies make picking up items that should be easy to pick up almost impossible to do without either loosing them due to time limit or getting damaged from everything shooting at you. no you won't die its just a huge pain in the butt, not to mention you get 6 slots in you inventory, that's it.
    you get a vault to keep your 6 best items that you don't want to loose if you die. so if your one of the suckers who bought an item or money and you die with it on you....LOL...its gone. for a game with so low res, im shocked at the memory leaks and the lag after 1 hour playing. I had to restart it every hour to make it feel fast again. WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!! ALL THE GRAPHICS ARE FREE, AS IN YOU CAN USE THEM YOURSELF, THEY ARE AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE FROM A CONTEST IN THE PAST....the game Dev's didn't even draw ANYTHING. ITS ALL COPY PASTE!
  6. Oct 26, 2013
    Das Spiel ist ganz nett, aber es macht mit den Einstellungen vom Kabam keinen Sinn. Drops kriegt man da nur von anderen hohen Spielern wen man genug bettelt, selber finden ist unmöglich fast. Items kriegt man nur wen man genug schaden austeilt, da du als lowie keine Items findest die guten dmg machen ist es eigentlich nur darauf ausgelegt Geld zu investieren, jedoch wer investiert schon in ein Game wo nix dropt und der Fun Faktor dadurch nahezu 0 ist. Viel Risiko wenig Fun im Verhältnis zum Risiko. Wenn man bedenkt das Risiko und Glück Proportional zueinander stehen sollten, dann kann man sagen das Spiel ist reine Zeitverschwendung. Ich Spiele nun etwa 1 Woche und bin schon so abgenerft von dem Setting von Kabam. Naja dieses Wochende war das schlechteste was ich in Rotmg je gesehen habe. Tote Hose. Das Game hat Sucht Faktor aber nur max 2 Tage bei so einem Verhältnis.
    Ich spiele dieses Wochende mal noch durch bevor ich es Deinstalliere und schreibe danach mal eine vollständige Rezension Das die bei Kabam nicht die hellsten köpfe haben das war mir schon bewusst, aber das die so ein FailSetting hinkriegen, Respekt wie man aus nem Super Game nen Failgame hinbekommt. Von Bugs die Minimum schon 2 Jahre da sind wird ich jetzt mal nicht von reden. Gj
  7. Sep 21, 2013
    Fun game! Great to play with friends and doesn't get boring quickly. Only problem is that its definitely pay 2 win so when it comes to late game you feel a bit weak. Plenty to do and if you have some money to spend its even better
  8. Aug 24, 2013
    I started this game almost 2 years ago. It was an amazing game. The old Realm of the Mad God would easily get a 9 out of 10. But since Kabam took it over, many things have gone wrong. Some problems with this game include, easily accessible hacks, loading problems, somewhat pay to win, and many more. But the game is extremely addictive even with these problems. Unless you are ready to grind like hell until you have the best possible character, I wouldn't recommend it. This game in my opinion deserves a 6 out of 10. Expand
  9. Aug 17, 2013
    A surprisingly difficult and interesting Free-To-Play game with an interesting take on multiplayer action. That's how I'd describe RoTMG.

What sets this game apart from the rest of the MMO genre is the fact that it's a bullet hell shooter with permanent death. It's very unforgiving and if you make a fatal mistake your character will be permanently dead and you're going to have to start
    all over again. However, the good news are that your equipment doesn't matter as much as your twitch-based skills. It doesn't matter if you've got top-of-the-line equipment if you don't know the enemies' movement- and attack-patterns. It's a refreshing concept should definitely be derived from by more developers.

Because equipment doesn't directly ensure your survival, the new developers and publishers of the game have taken a turn for the worse. They have added the ability to, using real-life currency, buy equipment straight from the micro-transaction store. This drastic paradigm shift in the game's payment model caused a larger number of old regulars to quit.

The combat is excellent in every way. It's by far the best combat I've experienced and I'd even go as far as stating I find it better than Vindictus'. Bullet hell shooters are known for their mind-bendingly fast pace and RoTMG most certainly delivers in this aspect. The pace is nothing short of great.

End-game is definitely of the repetitive sort. In its essence it consists of endlessly farming for better equipment and an item type called "Stat Potions". Said potions grant your character one additional point in one of the game's eight character-attributes.

If you can look past the glaring micro-transaction issues and the inevitably repetitive end-game, it's a great game.
  10. Aug 4, 2013
    Realm of the mad god is a very good game,
    it teaches respect and is co operative so your child will not be
    anti social. I would strongly recommend this game opposed
    to violent killing games.
  11. Jul 24, 2013
    realm of the mad god i have it lol then why am i here im nuw to meta score 4 evreyone im
    lvl 20 sorcarer i died in the spider cave im eating thats why i have words wrong
  12. Jul 1, 2013
    The game is very awesome and fun. But when you go to the main hub Where you find the shops there are like 50 people at the spawn point spamming things like WARLD SHAP 2.0 The cheapest things like rings and weapons! BUY OUR STUFF NOW!!!!! and is not true because there are 50 other spambot people advertising different shops but are saying the EXACT SAME THING!!! all with names like jin, iwfh, iudh, ieruijer. What is wrong with this crap?!?! I would rather watch My Little Pony for the rest of my life than to play this peice of crap. WHY?!?! WHY ALLOW SPAMBOTS?!?! GIVE A CAPCHA OR SOMETHING WHEN REGISTERING?!?! The game is great but it is ruined by all the spambots in the main hall. Expand
  13. Jun 6, 2013
    Addictive like you wouldn't believe. Realm of the Mad God provides a unique and refreshing take on the free to play MMO genre. It's got a charming 8-bit graphics style, a perma-death feature, and loads of fun content. That's right when you die in Realm of the Mad God you're dead for good. It's not actually a bad thing, sure you lose all of your gear and your character progress, but you never feel like the game is over for you. With numerous classes death gives you a fresh start to try something new. The gameplay is simple but addictive. You basically just run around and shoot everything in a large open world. As you gain levels you can fight tougher monsters and get better gear. There's no PVP, but rather the game encourages you to team up with people to take on the games more difficult monsters. The beauty of it is that you don't have to team up with other people if you don't want to. You can very well be a lone wolf, but the game is easier if you team up with others. The best part of this game is that you can play the game any way you want to. You can choose if you want to max out one character class, or you can stick with the class just long enough to unlock another one. You can play for hours at a time or just in short bursts. It's simple, addictive, and very accessible. The only real complaint I have is the lack of friendly players. So far most of the people I've come across are only interested in talking to you if you have something to offer them. In the end though I'm completely addicted to Realm of the Mad God. It's tons of fun and truly free to play outside of micro-transactions. So if your looking for a fun experience and are strapped for cash, or just love fun games, check of Realm of the Mad God. Expand
  14. Jun 6, 2013
    Where I like simplicity of this game and gameplay, I dislike losing your progress of character in 1 secound when you die you lose all items and stats of character hardly erned by farming potions(about 600 hours to max all). Playing in this it's just waste of time. In addition new owner of game Kabam will make sure that you will die fast so they can make more money of you from selling weapons and armour for real money. Expand
  15. May 26, 2013
    Awesome, free, can't go wrong. The Tutorial actually feels like its teaching you something, unlike most RPGs, and has a nice Bullet-Head indie feel. RPG elements are not lacked, and loot is common. Quests are optional, and it is kind of Sandbox. The shop is pretty cool, every Class with different abilities, and Guilds can be easily made after you have grown experience. One of the best RPG games on Steam for free? COOL! Expand
  16. May 14, 2013
    It's fun for a while, but after that it just serves as bait for people to spend real money on so they can progress through an endless game. It's a dick move and it's not worth it.
  17. May 11, 2013
    I used the love this game but since the recent updates and Kabam taking over the game, I can't even find words for it..
    The game is full of glitches and the servers are really laggy, high-tiered items are buyable for real-life money in Nexus (even though that they previously stated it will never happen), UTs are untradeable, pets are overpowered and the list goes on..
  18. May 2, 2013
    My score of this game has gone from 10 to 0 now thanks to Kabam's recent changes to the game: 1. best items in this game are now being sold for $$$$$$ 2. there are overpowered pets that are virtually impossible to get unless you use $$$$$ 3. customer support is terrible now; forum moderators (who are not employees of Kabam) are more helpful than support. 4. Kabam doesn't care about the game; they release new builds filled with game-breaking bugs, don't bother upgrading the servers to reduce lag and accommodate the growing number of players, and don't bother satisfying customers.

5. Kabam LIED to the community. The leader of the RotMG division said that they wouldn't sell tops in nexus; later the statement was edited and Kabam started selling tops in nexus.

The game is still fun, but achievements feel hollow and I'm always scared that my character will die from lag or be deleted thanks to a glitch that is affecting a lot of people.
  19. Apr 11, 2013
    Been playing this game for 2 years, USED to be good, Now it has been bought by KABAM which damaged the game content to an extreme level, making it completely broken under every point of view.

0/10 Friendly to beginner.
    0/10 Endgame content (Doesn't exist)
    0/10 Customer support (Mods and GM don't care and only Delete message from people pointing out flaws)
  20. Apr 11, 2013
    Kabam bought wildshadow's and effectively turned it into a pay to win failure, this game has lost everything that made it fun.

Now.
    You can buy most items in the game now for real money they said only tier 9, well there are now selling tops... some of the best items you can get in the game and they added a pet system that requires so much fame it would take months of a well knowledge
    player fame farming to get a good pet, while someone else could just spend money getting the same result.

The game is horrible optimized it takes week's for the development team to actually solve bugs, the only thing they introduce is new ways for you to give them money.. rather then actual fixing the game.
    If you don't die from horrible lag when playing then count yourself lucky.
  21. Feb 27, 2013
    This game is kinda enjoyable and i suggest it for everyone who don't have enough spare time for games like the most of mmo-rpg and who likes the atmosphere of old school games Every player has the ability to try and max lvl up many different classes till he/she choose his/her favourite one. And the game allows you with every class to have fast progress. Of the other side if you are a very experienced player and you don't even like the retro style games don't try it ^^ Expand
  22. Feb 24, 2013
    mostly everything involves paying to get gold to buy good equipment,backpack space, and vaults. other currency is fame which you get from dying but cant buy vaults because that would be against their money grabbing scheme. at least you can get some less important items but with a high cost of fame usually about 100-300 deaths since only a few actually get a fair amount of fame. god high spawn, dungeons and bosses designed to kill you with some of their high cc (slow instantly drops spd by half to 80%, paralyzed that make you immobile so they cant miss, or confused that changes movement that none to a few can navigate when it matters.) and high dmg where some bosses can kill any maxed character with 1 to as high as 3 shots or even stupider minions even one if messing up can instantly kill within secs. other things include no daily chance, annoying players attempting/preventing to steal loot (as in dmg to god/boss for soulbound). Then there is the lag that's obviously their servers but refuse to do anything about it except to start over and pay (they dont come out and say pay but the *intention is there*). It is futher proven since all who know about kabaam, all to most hate them because of their lag, ignored suggestions, etc Expand
  23. Jan 23, 2013
    This game rocks! Enough said! Myth: The game is pay to win Fact: The only items bought in the store with coins bought with $$$ are cosmetics, extra dungeons, and some potions (MP and HP restore) which can be picked up in game. Myth: You must die to win. Fact: The whole point is not to die. You MUST beat Oryx (the final boss) alive. You gain fame (the free currency) when you die for some cosmetics and access to some dungeons (not all require real $$$)

Enough of the Myth-Fact, here's my take:

The game is fun for several reasons: here are my top 10:

10: "Trains" - Groups of players who travel around the map to defeat mobs and gain massive XP. This helps you gain fame and be able to take on bosses later.

9: The graphics - 8-bit, you must love that

8: The trade system - While you can't sell your stuff for currency of any sort, you can trade with other players to get weapons and supplies to help you win.

7: The simple UI - click to shoot, numbered item slots, you can press a button to shoot all the time

6: The gameplay - Shoot and don't get hit. Simple and effective

5: CO-OP style - You can't win without other players to help you.

4: No kill steals - Everyone in your party/train gets XP when a mob is killed, not just the killer

3: Permadeath - So frustrating, it's addicting

2: Selection of characters - You earn classes by leveling up on other classes and you can get any class with skill

1: Adrenaline-Releasing/Heart-Pumping action - THIS is what gets you hooked on the game
  24. Nov 7, 2012
    Wow, hey developer, 1982 called and they want their graphics back. Certainly I wouldn't fault a game simply because it looks like it belongs on an NES 8bit. However, I will fault a game that has 1 goal. Hold down the left button and run. If you can do that, you can master this game. No thought or skill required. A little manual dexterity and you are a god. There are many other free games out there that are better to spend your time on. Expand
  25. Oct 6, 2012
    Realm of the Mad God is a free to play online game. They like to consider themselves a MMO (massive multi-player online game), but their player bases or the size of the game is FAR from "massive".

It is a "bullet storm" stylized game, meaning you shoot stuff, a lot. The game play is actually fairly shallow and lacks any lasting appeal to it. There is a complete lack of character
    building or creation and lacks any sort of real engrossing, long lasting game play.

The graphics are "retro", I don't know about any other gamers, but I am starting to get tired of this whole "retro" appeal. I don't have the computer I current own, to play games more suited to an era long gone by in gaming history. There lacks any depth or detail to the graphics.

On a side note, while vast majority of the players may not realize it, or even care, the graphics used in the Realm of the Mad God are actually free to use, open source graphics, created in a contest awhile back. You can easily find the same graphics online, for your own use. For me, that right there, lacking their own creative ability to draw or create their own graphics is a major downfall for me. No where do I even see them giving credit to the author either. Which is just low. Period. Junk game, junk graphics, junk play style. Stay away from this title.
  26. Sep 7, 2012
    This game fails to achieve the goal of a fun fast pace shooting MMORPG. The lack of customization and depth in design is terrible. Stopping to judge equipment to pick up is such an ugly chore. And health and mana potions should have a hot key. I would like to have auto pick up settings. All this tedium could be forgiven if killing the monsters themselves weren't empty and joyless. There is no fun to be had. This game is missing everything that makes a game a game. Expand
  27. Aug 31, 2012
    For me, I started realm of mad god simple, when I needed only level 5 too get to classes
    Until I had to get to level 20, witch I would freaking RAGE
    its addicting and simple, dont let those graphics fool you!
    But it gets borring after you played like 1-2 weeks
    Im stiill giving a 7 because it wasent a waste of my time either
  28. Aug 17, 2012
    Is this the most intelligent and in depth game ever? No. Is it mad stupid fun where everything explodes and the mechanics make it so that helping others out benefits everyone, YESYESYES!! Basically it's an old school hyper-fats isometric shooter you can (and will when you get to the realm) play with about 80 people all firing at the gigantic monsters coming towards you. As opposed to most MMOs which reward you for being bored, waiting for a raid or walking from one area to another, this is constant destruction and masses of fun. And it's free, so there you go. Expand
  29. Aug 13, 2012
    Other then occasional lag ever now and again, there really isn't much wrong with this game. The concept is simple, but the game is fun no matter how long you want to play. You can play just for 5 minutes when you have some spare time, or you can play with friends for hours and not get bored. One of the highlights of the game for me is Oryx's castle. Once all of Oryx's minions are killed, he sends the whole server to his castle. The game also is completely free to play, and won't force you to spend hundreds on enjoying the game. The game can also be fun alone too. Although I would like to see a slightly higher level cap and more weapons to keep people even more interested (While I haven't reached the point where I'm bored of the game yet, many have), it's definitely worth trying. Small download, and you don't need to spend even 1p on the game Expand
  30. Aug 11, 2012
    I fail to see what is so special about this game. Yes - it is free to play. What else?
    You run around holding the left mouse button to attack and... And THAT'S IT!
  31. Aug 9, 2012
    Realm of the Mad God is a game that does all of it's mechanics extremely well. It's free-to play, and has micro-transactions, but it doesn't force paying money down your throat. The game play is simple, yet incredibly fast and satisfying. It doesn't concern itself with upgrading character stats, which is a breath of fresh air. Fighting Oryx and his minions is among the most satisfying things I have experienced in a game thus far. It's simple graphics make the game run smoothly and give it personality. I recommend this game with all my heart, if only because everybody deserves to take a breather from photo realistic customize-all-the-things games and play something easy and simple. Expand
  32. Jul 12, 2012
    This game have 2D 8-bit graphics and it's okay. When i started to playing looked like than a good game, but when i played 4-5 hours gone to booring, because this game very monotone. You only need to push WASD and the left mouse. Easy to play and not complicated. I think the RotMD not really MMORPG, but contain some MMO parallel. Free to Play so if u like "MMORPG" may you give it a try.
  33. Jul 9, 2012
    Realm of the Mad God will keep you entertained for a couple of hours. Since its free to play there is no harm to try it and give it a whirl. There really is not much meat to this game. After playing 2-3 hours you will probably see and know what this game has to offer. There seems to be a lot of incentive for you to spend real money on things in this game, but I can not blame the developers since they need to make some money for their time and effort. Overall the game is entertaining, but I believe in the long run you need to be extremely bored to continue on with this game. Expand
  34. Jul 3, 2012
    For what it is, a free mmo shooter with 8bit graphics and relatively limited options for those not willing to spend real money on it, Realm of the Mad God is a really enjoyable and easy to learn game.

Each time you make a character and choose a class, the goal is to survive as long as you can, reaching level 20, and earning "fame," when the character dies, and you might die relatively
    soon, it doesn't matter too much because you live on to unlock other classes, get different items, and try again with other characters. It's a good game and considering it's free to play, everyone should check it out. It's fun to have for when you don't know what else to do. Expand
  35. Jun 24, 2012
    This is a very fun game to pick up and play. The art style is wonderful, the battles are chaotic, and the community is great. And it is free! No reason not to get this game really.
  36. Jun 1, 2012
    Fun, simple and addictive, although there are a few glitches and issues it is still a great game. Controls and game-play aren't too hard to learn and easy to get used to, permadeath is annoying at first but adds challenge
  37. May 20, 2012
    Realm of the Mad God is quite a fun game. It has a very nice combat system and class uses are varied enough. With the different items, it can be quite rewarding to level up as well. Different monsters have different difficulties. The permanent death feature makes it quite frustrating when you die at high levels, but this is repaid in a counter-intuitive way. Only problem I'm having is excessive lag, which can cause me to lose control for short amounts of time. Still, a very fun game, not to mention it's free and doesn't take up much space at all on your hard drive. Expand
  38. May 19, 2012
    I assure you that the level of awesomeness of this game is high, its just something free, different, and fun which is what ultimately matters, who knew that such a simple game would be so entertaining? This is probably one of the free games that has a lot of time and gameplay to see before it gets old, and we don't get that ofter, especially in free steam games. The classic feel is great just like the enjoyable graphics and good character design, I found though, that what brings this game down is variation, things don't vary that much, classes specially. If the developers had of just mixed up a few things this would be extremely good, I want to see how this game evolves over time and if this gets fixed with updates which would be good. Overall you should download this game and at least give it a good try and enjoy it. Expand
  39. May 8, 2012
    Realm of the Mad God is a very interesting and difficult game, it has some interesting things, but the lag is annoying, but its understandable, after all its an indie game...
  40. Apr 26, 2012
    Sure you can go grab loot in the battlefield and its fun for about 40 minutes. Then you have a full loot bag and wonder what to do with it. You decide to go back to the city and sell your loot. Or so you thought, but no vendor can be found? That's right, instead you have to stash it in your 1 vault box or drop in on the ground for others. The ONLY way to get gold is to put down $CASH$. So have fun paying to win if you want, but I would recommend looking elsewhere or simply being realistic and buying a game where it's cash up front and gameplay isn't designed to make you spend. Expand
  41. DME
    Apr 25, 2012
    RotMG feels very simple at first, but there's a pretty good amount of depth buried within. Pros include permanent deaths, exploration, trading, balanced classes, challenging dungeons, and assortment of items. Only cons are the fact that it's difficult to tell how valuable an item is without playing the game for a long time, and you can expect some lagging (some days there's no problem and other days it's borderline unplayable). But overall, it's a smart, charming, and awesomely addictive game. I'll be spending a lot of time with it. [Steam version] Expand
  42. Apr 25, 2012
    The producer of this game must be plain mental or a genius. So Realm of the Mad God mixes up the MMO genre with the arcade shooter style. Does it work? It works even better then you would think. The game dynamics are quite simple: Enter a realm, find a raid, shoot things. The rpg element is symbolized by the different character classes you can play with. actually you will unlock even more character classes as you level up. The twist of the game is that it features a perma-death mechanic. If you die your character is gone. and he took all of the items in his inventory with him. Thank (the mad) god, the level cap is at 20 and if you find a group you can grind your exp pretty fast.
    So why no 10/10? Well it takes A LOT of players to get some high level God raids going and sometimes it is pure random luck that will let you survive. Anyways if you havesome friends to play with, this game is a unique and funny experience. (Did i mentions that you can play it for free? And it is Steam now!)
  43. Apr 6, 2012
    Realm of the Mad God is as addictive as it is simple. Unlike most MMORPG's, you can, master this game in roughly a few minutes. The combat is smooth and rewarding, and the class unlock system encourages players to try different classes and see which on esuits their needs. Although lacking in depth, its accessability makes it hard to quit until you reach the magical level 20.
  44. Apr 6, 2012
    Realm of the Mad God's description sounds unorthodox and downright strange, but it is entirely accurate: it's a co-op fantasy MMO shooter. The game itself is simple: run around, shoot stuff, get better stuff by shooting stuff, shoot more stuff. If you want to get further, however, you need to cooperate with others (the co-op part of the description). If you just run out into the Godlands at level 5 with nobody else, you'll get your ass handed to you on a silver platter quicker than you can say "What?" You NEED to travel in a group to survive, and you need to be able to dodge the enemies' projectiles. The only complaint I have is the Realm Gold, which you need to purchase, but it IS free to play, and the items you purchase with Realm Gold are mostly cosmetic. Expand
  45. Apr 5, 2012
    Not bad.. But i think there are better Free To Play Games.....This is a Game for 30 minutes of "Funny" Playing. Ok its have Funny Idea make 2d 8-bit Graphic On-Line RPG. But its not that what i expect from This Game.
  46. Mar 28, 2012
    Very simple game - you pick a class, run around, and kill stuff.

No real plot, no real learning curve - once you unlock a few classes it gets really fun. The only really big annoyance I have is that death is permanent. You lose all your stuff. I'd prefer items to be retained but only for so many deaths; such as if you die twice, it vanishes.
  47. Mar 7, 2012
    For a free game, it is quite fun. the permadeath feature makes it so you'll never be able to truly keep a character forever, but that's not the point of the game. It's a fun little pick up and play game, and while the grind "Train" has taken over on most parts, it can still be pretty fun if you get a few friends. I think the game would have been a little better if you were able to specialize or manually level up your characters a bit, but other than that it's spot on for a lite free game that you can pick up and play anywhere. Expand
  48. Feb 24, 2012
    RotMG is a 2D MMORPG shooter that features retro NES style graphics, and permadeath. 3 things I love about this game: It's fun, it's free, and you can jump right in any time and play for as long or short as you like. The game does have some flaws. The graphics obviously aren't the best, lag will occasionally hit at the most inopportune times, and the game isn't particularly deep. A lot of players will be turned off by the permadeath. This game is a lot of fun for a f2p title though. Expand
  49. Feb 22, 2012
    REALM OF THE LAME GOD This game starts off strong with the 8 bit graphics look of old school RPG's, then falls flat on its face with counter-intuitive currency, lack of character building choices , lack of challenge and money grabbing schemes. 1.) You have to die to gain ^ currency (the counter intuitive part where DIEING= WINNING). Items cannot be sold to gain currency so there is no use in picking up items that you cannot use now or on your next character.

2.) The only things that differentiates your character from everyone else is your class, your gear and your level. So My endgame wizard is the same as everyone elses, assuming you live that long...

3.) Which shouldn't be that hard considering that the game is relatively easy. Anytime you get into trouble you are one button click away from teleporting your way to safety. 4.) You start off with a limited number of character slots (the maximum number of characters you can have) and limited storage space in the vault. Both of these limitations are a money grab scheme designed to make you to buy their premium currency "gold".

Call me Charlie Sheen ....but all of this adds up to a game that only a loser could love.
  50. Feb 22, 2012
    This MMO is unlike any others I've ever seen, its simple, charming and original. The emergent gameplay of this is amazing, I would definitely recommend this one to anyone.
  51. Feb 21, 2012
    Awesome game, and its free! Its an incredibly addictive mix of diablo, legend of zelda, and various indie games such as binding of isaac. I can't recommend it highly enough.
  52. Apr 6, 2012

1. Apr 16, 2012
    An anarchic lo-fi MMO with a refreshing disregard for your sanity. Unrepentantly simplistic and fun. [May 2012, p.94]
  2. Apr 4, 2012
    Lag was an acceptable issue in games up until five or so years ago. At this point, most high-quality online experiences are relatively lag free. That's why I have to say that RMG is not a high-quality experience, but not just because of lag; Realm of the Mad God suffers in its simplicity.
  3. Apr 2, 2012
    Superb. It's a game that can be played in 30-minute bursts or sessions that stretch long into the night, and its balance of instant gratification and long-term pay-off is beautifully done. It's the perfect game for people who love the idea of raiding, but can't afford to invest the time all MMOs require before the really good stuff - and all for free.