Generally favorable reviews- based on 115 Ratings
Sep 30, 2010Fun for only about 2 hours. After you've finished the needlessly long introduction, you now realise you have basically had everything this game has to offer. Pretty much all you do is: wake up, go to the adventurer's guild, do some stuff around town, sell items, repeat. The dungeons themselves aren't any less monotonous. They're randomly generated ever ytime, so they're basically repeating halls and rooms with monsters, treasures and next-floor teleporters in between. The interface and low-res graphgics makes the game feel a lot more like a console port from the PS1 console generation, than an original title.… Full Review »
Sep 11, 2010It's been a while since a game has grabbed my attention like Reccettear. I'm having so much fun playing this game it's hard to really describe. Let me go into a pros and cons for my review though to keep things simple. Pros:
- Great focus on the core aspects of the RPG experience: earning money, collecting loot, levelling up. Extremely well executed and integrated with each other.
- Really polished presentation, great translation on the part of the publisher Carpe Fulgar.
- Fun story, great characters.
- TONS of replayability as the dungeons are randomly generated, tons of different heroes, lots of items to collect. - Managing your item shop is way more fun than I expected. Cons:
- Resolution is limited, best to play in windowed mode.
Highly Recommend!!!… Full Review »
Jun 14, 2011It's presented well and is an interesting idea, but what keeps the game from becoming really good is variety. The dungeons are pretty boring for the most part, and store management is not complex enough to be compelling for more than say 4-5 hours. The graphics and visuals are lively and some (not all) of the character dialogue is amusing. This game is creative in its inception but somewhat uninspired in its execution. I enjoyed playing it for a few hours but no more than that. However, I will be keeping my eyes out for a sequel.… Full Review »