5.5

1. Ben
    Aug 9, 2009
    Blew through it in 3 hours, visually poor and lacking any substance whatsoever. Loads of weapons but the game was so quick I didn't use half of em. The story is horrible and has no link to the original characters and barely mentions the Red Faction (which is now a political group or something). Do not buy this game.
  2. Jan 22, 2013
    This game should not exist even logically. But logic aside, there's just nothing new, they just enhanced destruction physics a bit (and there's not much different) and added Jason Statehem (is that right?). Rushed story with not really polished gameplay equals - unworthy of it's first game sequel that must be avoided by any FPS or Sci-fi fans. Seriously, i passed through it, like after 4This game should not exist even logically. But logic aside, there's just nothing new, they just enhanced destruction physics a bit (and there's not much different) and added Jason Statehem (is that right?). Rushed story with not really polished gameplay equals - unworthy of it's first game sequel that must be avoided by any FPS or Sci-fi fans. Seriously, i passed through it, like after 4 hours, A.I. is broken and it's hard to die even if you'll try to, It's one of the first games, that used regeneration and you're just invincible there. Expand
  3. Feb 23, 2012
    This game is terrible. The game is short. The maps are obtuse. The plot is generic and stupid. The enemies are either bullet sponges OR they are hidden around every corner and hit you almost immediately after you see them. The worst part of this game is how unsatisfying the guns are. I play FPS games to shoot things, and the shooting in this game is AWFUL.
  4. Mormo
    May 3, 2006
    After the 2 first level, ends up to predictive and boring.
  5. SirJP
    May 23, 2003
    Buggy, unplayable, boring... It's lag on my GeForce4 Ti at 640x400!!!
  6. EliasO.
    Oct 8, 2006
    It's a real bad console port, it's very tedious to play, and most of the time you're so frustrated by the awkard things that just kept happening while playing. I had to reload way too many times. When I need to reload becouse I died in a game, thats fine, I just try to refine my strategy. but when I need to reload becouse the game is acting up, thats just bad.
  7. JohnS
    Aug 13, 2009
    Not worth a buy. Hardly ties into the 1st one, which was awesome for its time. To reply to J.W. - PC gamers tend to have pretty high standards when it comes to shooters, since shooters are like the PC's bread and butter. When a good console game gets badly ported over, it only irks us more.
  8. TerryD.
    Apr 18, 2003
    Red faction II starts off well with some pretty cool action, but then runs out of gas towards the end when things start getting repetitive. This is particularly a problem when you consider how short the game is - which is VERY SHORT. One other thing, the manual and the interface were sometimes completely incomprehensible. What does "Press the 2 key to exit" mean? In my case this was the Red faction II starts off well with some pretty cool action, but then runs out of gas towards the end when things start getting repetitive. This is particularly a problem when you consider how short the game is - which is VERY SHORT. One other thing, the manual and the interface were sometimes completely incomprehensible. What does "Press the 2 key to exit" mean? In my case this was the action key, but other similar references were anyone?s guess. Also, which weapons had alt-fire and how were they supposed to be used? And why did the hints disappear from the screen before you could read them? Yikes!!! Collapse
  9. PL
    Sep 21, 2009
    This game is horrible graphically if you have played Half Life, Left 4 Dead, or Far Cry to name a few. I felt like I was playing Castle Wolfenstein during the 1980's.
  10. Dec 28, 2014
    Utter tripe, by today's standards and back then too. Everything looks like a burn victim, the acceleration on my mouse meant I couldn't aim properly, the cross-hair is too big. The list goes on, steer clear of this garbage.
  11. Aug 10, 2014
    I can't complain too loudly since I got this game on sale from Steam. It provided me with a few hours of so-so FPS fun. I finally chucked the game in frustration since I had to replay the same level one too many times. That is, after finishing a level and exiting the game, this silly game takes me back to this same completed level the next time I open the game. The save progress isI can't complain too loudly since I got this game on sale from Steam. It provided me with a few hours of so-so FPS fun. I finally chucked the game in frustration since I had to replay the same level one too many times. That is, after finishing a level and exiting the game, this silly game takes me back to this same completed level the next time I open the game. The save progress is non-existent. Didn't the programmers test their work? Little wonder the RF franchise didn't survive. Expand
  12. Jan 3, 2015
    This game is utterly crap. It even succeeded in having a worse game play and graphics compared to its older predeccesor from 2001. There are only a couple of really bad fps and this one is on that list.

1. For those of you who are online multiplayer fans though, an offline botmatch may just be seen as unacceptable … and that’s what you get with RFII. That’s a shame since the first one was fantastic.
  2. Short is never good, no matter which context you put it in. And this game is short. It's penis-envy short. It's the shortest single-player FPS game I've ever played. A four hour gameplay experience for a retail product is like a 20 second sexual intercourse. It just doesn't feel right, and you feel cheated.
    Fun, certainly, but single-player is a bit too linear and bit too short, even if the combat is engaging, well-thought out, and generally intense.