7.3

1. Sep 17, 2011
    While I enjoy playing this game, the small problems really add up to sour the experience. While playing in the beta, 64 player servers were fun and lag-free until a certain patch toward the end of the beta. Since that patch, the full version is also plagued by the same problem. Pings on 64 player servers are rarely below 150 and often spike up to 400+. This renders the game unplayable forWhile I enjoy playing this game, the small problems really add up to sour the experience. While playing in the beta, 64 player servers were fun and lag-free until a certain patch toward the end of the beta. Since that patch, the full version is also plagued by the same problem. Pings on 64 player servers are rarely below 150 and often spike up to 400+. This renders the game unplayable for me. I'm forced to join low player servers (32-24) which rarely have over 10 people in them. Also, some of the objects used for cover cause you to glitch up and down rapidly or fall through the map, adding to the atmosphere of bug-filled mess. After multiplayer frustration, decided to take a break and play singleplayer. While there is no real singleplayer (basically multiplayer maps with a slight intro and against bots), I found it fun and intuitive, a nice break from multiplayer. The AI seems smart, but is pretty stupid on normal. They take way too long to aim at you and often times miss every shot. You can play entire levels easily without ever dieing. The other main gripe I had about the AI is that they rarely fire when not behind cover (I don't even think I have seen one hipfire). Instead they seem to follow certain paths (especially indoors) and will melee any enemy they come across instead of firing their weapon. I am currently stuck on the Axis campaign due to a bug that won't allow me to progress any further. I already took a break from a game that came out 4 days ago, and my break started yesterday. That in itself shows how frustratingly broken this game can be. Expand
  2. Sep 14, 2011
    The game has so much potential if only they got rid of some of the realistic aspects, like minor things eg put damn enemy tags into the game (only when pointed at). This whole game drives me crazy because 90 percent of the time you can never find anyone. Its a very strategic game, in the sense that you may sit behind a wall for 5 minutes waiting for the right time to move forward or peek.The game has so much potential if only they got rid of some of the realistic aspects, like minor things eg put damn enemy tags into the game (only when pointed at). This whole game drives me crazy because 90 percent of the time you can never find anyone. Its a very strategic game, in the sense that you may sit behind a wall for 5 minutes waiting for the right time to move forward or peek. This game is not for people who are looking for something slightly more realistic than BF3, is way over the top. Some maps are fun eg apartments but some make you want to break things due to the fact that they just encourage camping prone in a corner.

Long Story Short
    Get this game if you want something with a lot of features, slow paced, tactical, to play with mates. This game is not for someone who plays tactical but does'nt have the patience to hide all game.
  3. Sep 13, 2011
    Not a very fun game. Game is very clunky. The action key is bound to many different things. cover/bandage/pickup/use so when you're near two things that do the same thing you end up covering when trying to pickup a gun. Game is also laggy as get out with hit detection all over the place. Your hits will sometimes register after you die.
  4. Apr 17, 2014
    Updating my score from long ago when I noticed how low it was. I reviewed the game soon after its original launch in 2011, and I certainly feel like it was broken them and not functioning as it should. (The beta was running better at the time). But like all Tripwire projects they gave it a lot of ongoing support and it became a really good game.
  5. Jul 21, 2012
    This game is the definition of a 7/10. It's a really good game, it just has trouble showing it. The graphics are improved but the environments seem sparse. They need more work. This does much to weaken the atmosphere. There is so much detail put into the gameplay, though, it's what I like most about the game. You can adjust your sights, hold your breath, switch sights on the fly -This game is the definition of a 7/10. It's a really good game, it just has trouble showing it. The graphics are improved but the environments seem sparse. They need more work. This does much to weaken the atmosphere. There is so much detail put into the gameplay, though, it's what I like most about the game. You can adjust your sights, hold your breath, switch sights on the fly - it's very well done. Unfortunately the game suffers from unnecessary limitations - for example, you can't opt to hold sights instead of toggle, and you can't turn off or in any way adjust the dreadful gun sway (your gun moves faster than the camera). It really brings down the score for me personally. Overall the game feels like it still needs work. But despite that, it's still impressive. A good value considering I got it on sale. Expand
  6. Apr 3, 2013
    Single player needs a lot of work pretty much the single player is LIKE REALLY CRAP!
    BUT
    The Multi-player player is FANTASTIC!
    It packs refreshing realistic game-play
    Buy it for the Multi-player
  7. Sep 21, 2011
    Red Orchestra 2, as of 9.21.11, is a game suffering from a terrible launch. The game simply is not yet finished. The gameplay is engrossing, realistic, and incredibly fun. Unfortunately, the experience is hampered by a variety of issues - poor performance, inconsistent lag, crashes to desktop, and various minor bugs. My system meets and exceeds the recommended requirements, yetRed Orchestra 2, as of 9.21.11, is a game suffering from a terrible launch. The game simply is not yet finished. The gameplay is engrossing, realistic, and incredibly fun. Unfortunately, the experience is hampered by a variety of issues - poor performance, inconsistent lag, crashes to desktop, and various minor bugs. My system meets and exceeds the recommended requirements, yet averages 30 fps on custom settings with everything set on either low or medium and 1280x720. I have even made a number of config file tweaks which have yielded no significant performance improvements. As someone who is a big fan of Red Orchestra Ostfront and Killing Floor, Red Orchestra 2, so far, is a huge disappointment. Tripwire continues to work on resolving current issues, but in fairness, should have delayed release of this game until further work could be done on it. The single player campaign is a complete waste of time. It consists of offline skirmishes against bots whose AI is so atrocious you will breeze through it even on the higher difficulties. There is no reason this game needed a single player campaign. I would've been much happier with a more robust online mode THAT WORKED than have a multiplayer FPS with a tacked on single player mode, which is what the game is now. If you are considering buying this game, I would wait and advise you to monitor the Steam and Tripwire forums until major updates have resolved the major issues and improved performance. While the launch may have been a disaster, I have high hopes this game will overcome its hurdles and prove itself the best multiplayer FPS experience of 2011. Expand
  8. Apr 26, 2012
    Red Orchestra 2 is a moderately entertaining game with several massive flaws. You are supposed to be able to bandage yourself up while bleeding/taking internal damage but sometimes it just goes to fading to black. I am not sure why the "press left control to bandage yourself" message displays at this time but it does not work in this situation...

The graphics are extremely dated, even for

The graphics are extremely dated, even for this game. It is made by the same guys that made the game "Killing Floor" which is a very classic indie game, but in the end this game runs on very similar graphics, at highest setting. Its graphics are on par with medal of honor allied assault, or call of duty 2, if you are familiar with these two old treasures/relics.

Either way, bugs, in game code issues, and graphics aside, its a moderately decent game and will get boring if you play for a few hours on end. Play it casually. I have to give this game a 7 out of 10 just because of the fact I use an oldschool rating system which is, imo, is an extremely accurate rating systeme. So here we go...

1. Sound: 8 out of 10
    2. Graphics: 4 out of 10
    3. Gameplay 7 out of 10
    4. Longevity 4 out of 10
    5. Music: 6 out of 10.

Total 7 out of 10.
  9. Feb 16, 2013
    Overall I think Red Orchestra 2 is a somewhat solid shooter with excellent graphics and environments, however it has glitches and difficulty issues. Some of the glitches include enemies sliding across the floor, appearing to be dead but they are actually still alive. Some enemies will vibrate in place, etc. Problems with the difficulty are common, where some enemies don't attack, andOverall I think Red Orchestra 2 is a somewhat solid shooter with excellent graphics and environments, however it has glitches and difficulty issues. Some of the glitches include enemies sliding across the floor, appearing to be dead but they are actually still alive. Some enemies will vibrate in place, etc. Problems with the difficulty are common, where some enemies don't attack, and others will try to melee and not shoot. Then it gets really challenging when the enemies hide and get critical hits whenever you do so much as peek your head above cover. The missions are excellent, however it can be argued that the Soviet campaign is almost the same as the German campaign except instead of many Offensive missions it has many Defensive missions. Sometimes Red Orchestra 2 can be extremely frustrating, and sometimes it is extremely fun. It's a dark and mature game, and if you can get it for $20 or less, go for it. Expand
  10. Nov 10, 2011
    I'll admit I bought this game out of pure hype. Graphics were supposed to be good, but they are mediocre at best. Textures are terrible and soldier models look like toys. The cover system is glitchy as hell. Proning is also a difficult task at times. It's hard to have fun playing this game, but at least it's not like recent COD titles. 6 ou of 10 sounds fair enough to me. Don't buy itI'll admit I bought this game out of pure hype. Graphics were supposed to be good, but they are mediocre at best. Textures are terrible and soldier models look like toys. The cover system is glitchy as hell. Proning is also a difficult task at times. It's hard to have fun playing this game, but at least it's not like recent COD titles. 6 ou of 10 sounds fair enough to me. Don't buy it unless it's on a sale or if you're a diehard fan of this franchise (which I ain't). Expand
  11. Sep 17, 2011
    This game is simply not done yet and it's a shame because it has a really big potential to be a great and different multiplayer fps. It's impossible to ignore all the various small bugs and laggy gameplay that completely ruin the gameplay. Don't buy this game today but wait instead and read the forums to see if or when they have made the game playable.
  12. Sep 16, 2011
    A lot of people say RO 2 is clunky, and in some ways it is. But Tripwire is known for actively releasing free DLC and patches so I trust them to fix these bugs very soon. And they better fix those bugs soon, because this game's got some potential. Apart from the bugs it's a great tactical game that can in no way be compared to other shooters on the market. If you like tactical shooters andA lot of people say RO 2 is clunky, and in some ways it is. But Tripwire is known for actively releasing free DLC and patches so I trust them to fix these bugs very soon. And they better fix those bugs soon, because this game's got some potential. Apart from the bugs it's a great tactical game that can in no way be compared to other shooters on the market. If you like tactical shooters and you do not mind a few soon to be patched bugs RO2 is a great game. I give it a 7.5 with the bugs, and an 8.5 without the bugs. Expand
  13. Oct 15, 2011
    I wan't to love this game, but Tripwire are trying to make it very hard for me. For some perspective, I am a diehard fan of the original and have a strong interest in the history of the Eastern front; I played a LOT of RO1, and while I didn't expect the same game with better graphics, I did expect a similar feel.

I only got that feel under layers of pointless and totally contrived

I only got that feel under layers of pointless and totally contrived unlocks, an excess of automatic weapons, and general speeding-up of things like shouldering weapons or reloading which results in almost Call of Duty-like moments every now and then. Don't get me wrong, this game is NOT a twitch shooter. The lethality of weapons is still quite good, and the way they handle is as lifelike as we are ever likely to see in a game. Animations are great and look very natural, movement is flowing (a huge improvement over the original). Tanks in particular are drastically improved, you actually feel like you're driving a giant 30-ton steel monster now.

But there are oh so many problems. The faster pacing and the proliferation of SMGs and semiautos means you're lucky to see more than 5-10 bolt actions on a full 32-player team... not just historically wrong, but also detrimental to the tense, deliberate gameplay RO is known for. The unlock system was pretty obviously thrown together as an afterthought to try and attract more fans of mainstream shooters, as some weapons cannot be upgraded at all and others only have cosmetic upgrades. The upgrades themselves are often contrived (going from a brand-new 1943 scope design to a clunkier postwar design with the MN91/30 sniper rifle, upgrading to a 75-round saddle drum only used on aircraft for the MG34, and in the case of the G41, a 1943 scope on a 1944 mount for an entirely different rifle - all this for a game set in Aug '42 to Feb '43) and were added with little to no concern for balance. So far the map design fails to even approach that of the earlier game; the two maps Tripwire chose to remake are not the ones I would've picked, that's for certain. The visuals aren't bad (they're actually pretty nice in places), but it's clear that Tripwire's art team don't have much experience with current-gen art assets. Performance is pot luck, with some people having no issues and others finding the game unplayable. The game itself is rife with bugs, even so many weeks after release (and following several large patches). The sound design is mostly good, but the accented English voice acting is terribly written and awfully read. Native voices, which are superb, cannot currently be enabled without swapping critical game files - risky with VAC and Punkbuster running. Tripwire did promise there would be an option for this, but none has been added yet. While issues with stat tracking were fixed, it gave a worrying insight into what the game will be like in a month or a year when everyone has a hero character - any semblance of historical authenticity goes out the window when Soviet troops are running around with scoped MKb.42 rifles.

I really, really worry about this game's future. Underneath all the slapped-on rubbish lies the greatest shooter I have ever seen. The mechanics are sound, the feel is great, and the satisfaction to be had is immense... you just have to swim through the sea of unlocked fantasy weapons, poor English voice acting, and schizophrenic map design to get to it. The game is rapidly turning into a ghost town only a few weeks after release, and I hope this is a lesson to Tripwire about leaving their niche to try and take money from the CoD/BF crowd... but from the attitude they've been displaying on their forums, I doubt it's sunk in.

My advice? Wait for a sale, and get excited for the mods that are in the works. I really wish I could give this game a 10 now, but it seems it's up to the community to make it what it should have been (and what the devs promised us it would be).
  14. Sep 14, 2011
    The negative reviews are grossly exaggerated. The game is off to a somewhat shaky start what with some bugs, the dysfunctional stat system and the strange single player AI. But the problems are not nearly as game-breaking as some people say. The minimum score this game should receive is 6. I will give it an 8 because I like it and it runs surprisingly well on nearly the highest settings onThe negative reviews are grossly exaggerated. The game is off to a somewhat shaky start what with some bugs, the dysfunctional stat system and the strange single player AI. But the problems are not nearly as game-breaking as some people say. The minimum score this game should receive is 6. I will give it an 8 because I like it and it runs surprisingly well on nearly the highest settings on my medium-end PC.

RO2 offers good graphics, realistic atmosphere, big, insanely detailed maps, intense firefights and a good middle ground between simulation and arcade gameplay.
  15. Sep 14, 2011
    This game is ok. I expected more, it just feels a little bit too much like an old school shooter and might be too close to RO1. Don't get me wrong, I love realism and I love when I die only getting hit once. But RO2 hasn't managed (yet) to make me feel like playing a great game although all the previews were sounding so promising. All the things that sounded like making it a cool game likeThis game is ok. I expected more, it just feels a little bit too much like an old school shooter and might be too close to RO1. Don't get me wrong, I love realism and I love when I die only getting hit once. But RO2 hasn't managed (yet) to make me feel like playing a great game although all the previews were sounding so promising. All the things that sounded like making it a cool game like the bandaging system, tank fights, checking your ammo in the rifle don't come up to what I expected. Also there are still some bugs, I saw a tank through the walls, Squad Leader spawning doesn't seem to work and some other things.

So is it a bad game? No I wouldn't say so. Would I spend over 35 $ again? No, more like 15 $
  16. Sep 24, 2011
    The game is a really good game and it has the feeling of being in the real battle of Stalingrad but my main concern was the amount of bugs that are in the game it was released way to early and is still full of bugs so until they fix most of them especially the crashing bugs that ruin the game I wouldn't go rushing into buying the game but it is still and great game though if you put theThe game is a really good game and it has the feeling of being in the real battle of Stalingrad but my main concern was the amount of bugs that are in the game it was released way to early and is still full of bugs so until they fix most of them especially the crashing bugs that ruin the game I wouldn't go rushing into buying the game but it is still and great game though if you put the bugs aside. Expand
  17. Sep 15, 2011
    How so many people can give this game 10/10 only continues to reinforce the disdain with which I view metacritic user reviews (ironic in light of the medium but meh). The game is bugged in some really noticable ways atm, from server lists not populating and stats / unlocks not updating / unlocking to the occasional freeze / spawning underground and CTD. I appreciate that TripwireHow so many people can give this game 10/10 only continues to reinforce the disdain with which I view metacritic user reviews (ironic in light of the medium but meh). The game is bugged in some really noticable ways atm, from server lists not populating and stats / unlocks not updating / unlocking to the occasional freeze / spawning underground and CTD. I appreciate that Tripwire apparently has a history of good patching but since when has it been acceptable to release a game with the argument that "It's okay, we'll patch the bugs later". As it is I wish they'd used the time in beta more productively and delayed the launch until the game was in a more polished state. The game itself when I have gotten to play it? Seemed ok. Nothing amazing, certainly nothing worthy of a 10/10 mark. I mean, I had fun an' all. Just that the current state of the game is holding me back from returning for another month or two, at which point, well, there's plenty of other incoming releases I'd rather spend my time on. Expand
  18. Sep 26, 2011
    The game is supposed to be a squad-based first person shooter with emphasis on realism, however, it rather plays like a sniper type of game where everybody mills about on their own without regards to teamplay. The small FOV, zooming and the way weapons and iron sights cover much of your screen makes close quarters combat a very chaotic affair, leaving sniping from a distance the mostThe game is supposed to be a squad-based first person shooter with emphasis on realism, however, it rather plays like a sniper type of game where everybody mills about on their own without regards to teamplay. The small FOV, zooming and the way weapons and iron sights cover much of your screen makes close quarters combat a very chaotic affair, leaving sniping from a distance the most viable option most of the time. Machineguns are as useless as they were in the previous Red Orchestra game. In short, weapons are modelled realistically, but their application is not. Soldiers move around way too fast and erratic, and the game pace is more like a traditional FPS than a realistic wargame. In addition, the gameplay itself is very chaotic and it is difficult to judge exactly what is going on, who is attacking where, where the enemy is etc. The game seems to be designed to please both the realism-oriented crowd and traditional FPS-players, with gameplay and pace pleasing the latter and the weapons modelling pleasing the former. Perhaps that is the game's weakness: it tries to be two things at the same time. Despite all of this, I've had some very memorable moments with the game so far, particularly when the teamplay has worked out. There is also no other FPS out there that even tries to model WWII squad-based warfare to this degree AFAIK, so if you like the concept, that alone would be a good reason to give this one a try. Expand
  19. Sep 19, 2011
    The game is better than your average war-based FPS, but could be so much more. The "realism" cited by many reviewers is not there. The game as as many automatic weapons as the average Call of Duty title. Numerous, game-breaking bugs, crashes and performance issues make the player want to exit the game in frustration (but too often, you don't have to bother, as the game seems to senseThe game is better than your average war-based FPS, but could be so much more. The "realism" cited by many reviewers is not there. The game as as many automatic weapons as the average Call of Duty title. Numerous, game-breaking bugs, crashes and performance issues make the player want to exit the game in frustration (but too often, you don't have to bother, as the game seems to sense your frustration and does you the favor of simply crashing to desktop for no apparent reason).

The cover system touted by the game simply does not work. In theory it is groundbreaking, but if it doesn't work -- and it doesn't -- well, then it's just an annoyance. And, because at least 4 other functions are bound to the same (control) key, it creates far more problems in practice than it purports to solve in theory.

The controls are very awkward. The game will not let you go prone on flat ground for no clear reason. The sound cuts in and out. The hit detection needs work. Spawn killing is common in the game, and the developer has yet to figure out that suddenly deciding that a piece of ground a player has been standing on for 20 is now a "restricted area" for a new enemy spawn doesn't work; it just frustrates the innocent player who suddenly finds himself dead for no apparent reason.

As I said, this game could be so much more. I would raise my rating to 7 if the bugs and performance issues were solved. As far as game play, balance and control issues, well, that speaks to the core game design; it is what it is, and "hoping" for it to change is simply hope.

Overall, a decent game, but still a disappointment.

Assuming all the bugs and performane
  20. Sep 21, 2011
    I'm a fan of the first RO, but was open to (and glad for) some of the changes this game was meant to bring. That being said, this game will probably be pretty good once Tripwire gets around to actually finishing it. The game completely loses the game play and the spirit of the old RO, with maps feeling more claustrophobic and bottle necked. There are few maps released with the game, and asI'm a fan of the first RO, but was open to (and glad for) some of the changes this game was meant to bring. That being said, this game will probably be pretty good once Tripwire gets around to actually finishing it. The game completely loses the game play and the spirit of the old RO, with maps feeling more claustrophobic and bottle necked. There are few maps released with the game, and as far as I can tell, they've only released a single tank battle map. Things like being able to range in your weapon's sights go completely unused, as there aren't any maps that are large enough to really require adjustment. When they fix the mechanics, the crashing, the menus, the server browser, the horrible lag during game play (I far exceed the recommended requirements), and the fact that there are only a handful of maps, the game might be worth buying. It gets 5 points because the spirit of RO game play is there, with a bit more accessibility for the average user, but this game is far from complete. Expand
  21. Nov 25, 2011
    Meh, could have definitely benefited from at least another year in production. Hopefully future patches will deliver, the game is better now than at least but still not that great.
  22. Nov 15, 2011
    Bang you are dead Bang your dead ,once you get past that its ok the fire fights are manic shots every were this is a hard game its meant to be realistic i suppose if i was sent to war i would handle a gun like that to lol .. if you can get into i bet its a real good game but i just cant .. had some good games followed by many spawn move and die games .... shooting feels sooooBang you are dead Bang your dead ,once you get past that its ok the fire fights are manic shots every were this is a hard game its meant to be realistic i suppose if i was sent to war i would handle a gun like that to lol .. if you can get into i bet its a real good game but i just cant .. had some good games followed by many spawn move and die games .... shooting feels soooo good when you get that head shot .
    environment's are big buildings with rooms all in them lots of camping spots but watch your back ..
    the sound is just epic grfxs are nice at times and at outer times its ugly like worse then console ugly performance seems to be all over the place seems to run fine then it sh*ts the bed and bounces back if you are a hard core ww2 guy get it if you are more military shooter guy get it if you are a cod or bf3 keep away i want to like it more i can see why people do just need to put in the time its one of them games
  23. Jan 20, 2012
    A refreshing FPS, very unlike say COD & BF. Aiming and spotting enemies is much more difficult, and each wound inflicted much deadlier. While it lacks a lot of polish and it somewhat buggy, it is still quite fun overall. What I really don't like about it though is that most multiplayer servers is over-populated with dumb bots, and it is really difficult to find a server with only humanA refreshing FPS, very unlike say COD & BF. Aiming and spotting enemies is much more difficult, and each wound inflicted much deadlier. While it lacks a lot of polish and it somewhat buggy, it is still quite fun overall. What I really don't like about it though is that most multiplayer servers is over-populated with dumb bots, and it is really difficult to find a server with only human players. When I play multiplayer, it is because I want to play with other people, the increadibly dumb & boring bots should have been restricted to the uninteresting singleplayer part of the game. Also, the maps are often to narrow, and I was dissapointed that there were no real Conquest mode a la Battlefield, the game modes in the game are quite boring. The realism and gameplay aspects of this game is great, but the content is not. Expand
  24. May 26, 2012
    3 easy rules to follow when trying to figure out the true reviews for the game amongst all these opinions: 1) Never pay attention to a review that is 9 or 10 that starts with "...ignore the people below giving it a low score..." These are the reviews that should actually be ignored, as they are already biased, and therefore compromised against any sort of balanced review. 2) Look at3 easy rules to follow when trying to figure out the true reviews for the game amongst all these opinions: 1) Never pay attention to a review that is 9 or 10 that starts with "...ignore the people below giving it a low score..." These are the reviews that should actually be ignored, as they are already biased, and therefore compromised against any sort of balanced review. 2) Look at person's review history. Many of those who followed step 1 will not have any other reviews, or has a history of giving unusually high/unrealistic reviews. Companies use certain people to plant false review information as well. Discount these reviews at all costs. 3) Read every negative comment you find, and see how many of them complain about the same issues. This will also help you rule out whether it is game-breaking bugs, or simply a game that needs a high end machine Expand
  25. Jun 2, 2012
    The game is getting better, after 50h gameplay ;)

+detailed maps and weapons (very well done) +hunting style kills +tanks and all about them +good graphics +very good sound and voices (English & Native) +addictive gameplay +VAC & PunkBuster _______________________ -prone not working everyware and this is realy anoyng........ and you are dead ;) (i hope Tripware fix
    The game is getting better, after 50h gameplay ;)

+detailed maps and weapons (very well done)

+hunting style kills

+tanks and all about them

+good graphics +very good sound and voices (English & Native)

+addictive gameplay

+VAC & PunkBuster
    _______________________ -prone not working everyware and this is realy anoyng........ and you are dead ;) (i hope Tripware fix this)

-you cannot run or walk and change weapons at the same time (this is deadly again)

-some graphic glitches, when prone and move at the same time

-other minor bugs -commander and squad leaders have to be more rewarded for their job (succeed points or something)

-single player is absolute crap and its painfull to play. (anyway its good to comlete the traning missions to get the basics of the game before going online)

Last words:
    If you like DoD, CSS and all of the kind, this game is not for you.
  26. Nov 10, 2011
    I really wanted to rate this game higher, because it has a lot of potential, but alas a 5 is all it is going to get from me. Other reviewers have gone through various things, but Iâ
  27. Dec 20, 2012
    Nothing special seriously, where was the sense to make RO2 ? Better graphics ? Tank interiors which are pretty ?
    This game has only 2 available tank which is laughable.

RO1>RO2 at all
  28. Sep 14, 2011
    With the success of 'Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45' comes 'Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad', an ambitious sequel to a humble game with humble beginnings. Crammed in this exciting sequel is a veritable smorgasbord of new and refreshing features, including fully modelled and meticulously detailed tank interiors, new game modes to appeal to a wider audience and an amazing attention toWith the success of 'Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45' comes 'Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad', an ambitious sequel to a humble game with humble beginnings. Crammed in this exciting sequel is a veritable smorgasbord of new and refreshing features, including fully modelled and meticulously detailed tank interiors, new game modes to appeal to a wider audience and an amazing attention to detail. This is all on top of the already refined core gameplay elements that were already present in the first game.

However, it has been a rocky road to release and I suspect what will be an even rockier road to a stable release version. Despite being free from the pressures of an outside publisher and having the pleasure to set its own development cycle, Tripwire Interactive has somehow managed to shoot themselves in both feet.
    Despite the successes of 'Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45' and 'Killing Floor', Tripwire still very much feel like an amateur game studio. The general lack of company structure and the lack of game release experience have led to a very poorly executed and managed beta.

The months that led up to release were plagued with serious performance issues, subsequently pushing the release date back by an entire fortnight and delaying the beta. Had the beta that was 'too buggy to release' been put out earlier, and communication between the developers and beta testers been better, release would have been much smoother.

Nevertheless, if you can somehow manage to figure out and get past many of the technical performance and optimisation issues the game feels and plays fantastically. At the very heart of Red Orchestra is the multiplayer and Tripwire have definitely delivered a solid multiplayer experience. The pace picks up a little compared to RO1, gone are the days of tediously long walks to objectives. The game has been made â
  29. Sep 15, 2011
    I would not take any of the extreme reviews on each side seriously. Those who give 10's obviously don't set the bar high and are obviously too hyped about this game or have never played anything good. Those who give 1's are just complaining about perfection and want world peace.

The game is buggy. It has crashed several times on me, and kept Steam (arghh... Steam) crashing alongside. However, this happened never during actual gameplay. Sometimes the servers do not refresh and you have to exit the game. The performance on my high end setup runs great on high, a bit stuttery on ultra even though I can run most games on highest with no problems. This one is a bit of a wild card in terms of performance. The graphics, while a lot of people say...suck, are not terrible at all. It's not a great looking game by any means, but a decent looking game it is. Reminds me of Brothers In Arms: Hells Highway mixed with COD2 and BF2. Single player does look better than MP for sure. Speaking of SP, not much to say about it. It's plain. Uninspiring. Typical. Dead A.I. pretty much sums it up.
    Multiplayer is why you most likely got this game. And it's different. For those who never played Red Orchestra this is going to be a tough pill to swallow if you're used to Modern Warfare. The game is very tactical, brutal, and punishing. It's also rewarding. The weapons do plenty of damage, even though I question some of the recoil from semi-automatic rifles and assault weapons. It's pretty much one shot kill. The maps are large and with plenty of buildings and rooms to go into, but fall flat in design and character. They feel like they were made by modders not something that was shipped on shelves. But the gameplay is rock solid if a little buggy. Some adjustment to sensitivity and you are all set. It's a fun game when you enter a lag free server. Do find those, trust me. I love how when you crouch behind cover you don't have to stand up to aim. You just aim and you'll automatically pop up a little bit. Or you can use the cover system. It's a great choice. I also love how easy it is to strafe, and the animation is great from your perspective ... not so much from others. Overall give this game a buy if you like a more difficult, rewarding FPS that is pure PC. It does have bugs, and it's not perfect, nor the prettiest, but if you like the first one of more of a COD4 style S&D gameplay, this is a solid buy, bugs and everything. Just don't expect it to blow you away.

Solid 7.5 out of 10.
  30. Sep 18, 2011
    I've rated the game based on roughly 2 hours of game play, and not playing multi-player mode. The game is good, but at the same time you kinda see things that you would want to improve. I enjoy the realism aspect of the game a lot; the taking cover almost anywhere as well as the look of the maps and player models. On the other hand, I think the actual game play could have used a bitI've rated the game based on roughly 2 hours of game play, and not playing multi-player mode. The game is good, but at the same time you kinda see things that you would want to improve. I enjoy the realism aspect of the game a lot; the taking cover almost anywhere as well as the look of the maps and player models. On the other hand, I think the actual game play could have used a bit more work. I thought the enemy forces in the single player mode was pretty small, and I dont think the game pushes the envelope, as I think all new games should be trying to be better than what is considered the best.

My initial rating would have been a 9, but the Multi-Player mode would not load servers for me, and when they did, I couldn't connect to any of them, so I was unable to see how it played with other actual people, and seen how, if any, the game lagged. Overall, I'm happy with the purchase and would recommend it.
  31. Dec 6, 2011
    This game is a really cool game. Its very complex and feels like one of the most realistic WW2 sims I've seen. Only problem I have with it is that I am horrible at his game, to the point where it isn't even funny lol 7/10
  32. Dec 5, 2011
    So basically i bought this game because i fell in love with ostfront 41-45 (no homo). The game definitely has its awesome moments but it also has some serious bug problems that tend to steer me away from playing more. its a very fun game with some friends and even a clan. I suggest getting this game when it goes on sale and hopefully tripwire will save the day and clean up some of theSo basically i bought this game because i fell in love with ostfront 41-45 (no homo). The game definitely has its awesome moments but it also has some serious bug problems that tend to steer me away from playing more. its a very fun game with some friends and even a clan. I suggest getting this game when it goes on sale and hopefully tripwire will save the day and clean up some of the bugs. i will be looking forward to the DLC for this game but i do not intend to play much until then, i suggest you do the same. 6/10 Expand
  33. Dec 9, 2011
    This game is awesome in itself really realistic more than BBC2. it give you a lot of possibility lot of option like firing undercover behind objects

i gave a medium mark to the game because even if it's awesome game the game don't stop crashing when i play as in the campaign as online, when i buy i game i don't want to solve any issues !
  34. Jan 13, 2014
    A game with a shoddily made engine, terrible servers, abysmal AI in the campaign, and it couldn't be more fun! Despite the game's heavy emphasis on realism, it still remains enjoyable, fast-paced, tense and addictive. The maps are stunningly well built, even though the textures are sloppy, and have many strategic vantage points and authentic scenery. The servers, however, are terrible andA game with a shoddily made engine, terrible servers, abysmal AI in the campaign, and it couldn't be more fun! Despite the game's heavy emphasis on realism, it still remains enjoyable, fast-paced, tense and addictive. The maps are stunningly well built, even though the textures are sloppy, and have many strategic vantage points and authentic scenery. The servers, however, are terrible and laggy, which is a major flaw, yet this has nothing to do with the game, and more to do with Punkbuster. Truly enjoyable, and a must buy, either way. Expand
  35. Jun 2, 2012
    Red Orchestra is what I call good try. Very good gameplay with more realism but seems unfinished. Very bad graphics with silly shooting and scoping. This game need just a little touch to be really good.
  36. Sep 14, 2011
    While Red Orchestra 2 is a relatively fun game, horrible tutorials, stupid AI and a repetitive trainer may be a put off for some Singleplayer fans. Generally, the guns seem balanced and no one faction severely overpowers the other.
  37. Apr 3, 2013
    This game is very overrated. Lots of bugs, AI dumb as f*ck (some campaign levels are done by yourself, bots just roam around and die), more bugs, unpolished graphics.. Don't worth buying.
  38. Nov 9, 2011
    Tripwire started this one on shakey ground! With the quick patches it is now a pretty solid winner in the WWII era of FPS games. Maps are just wonderful in looks and balance. The Tanks are a shining example of good vehicle modeling within the tripwire franchise. We need more Tank maps! This game is really just for Multiplayer and can prove very challenging online. You have to work as aTripwire started this one on shakey ground! With the quick patches it is now a pretty solid winner in the WWII era of FPS games. Maps are just wonderful in looks and balance. The Tanks are a shining example of good vehicle modeling within the tripwire franchise. We need more Tank maps! This game is really just for Multiplayer and can prove very challenging online. You have to work as a team and end the thoughts of lone wolf. The added feature of Tripwire games is the SDK and mod tools long gone in all the "top" named companies. This game will last a lifetime with mods, maps and community additions. Already two or three third party mods are coming into focus. Your money is well spent on this game and the gameplay is at the top of the ladder! Best in class for online FPS games! Expand
  39. Jun 7, 2013
    Horrible game. Get killing floor way better than this game.
  40. Sep 23, 2012
    This game is a change in terms of pace and has more in common with the Arma series than Battlefield or MW etc. There is a greater emphasis on realism than many fps games but a number of things about the game seem to detract from the realism. The chaos of battle is pretty well reflected but the part your meant to play is a bit vague. Much of the time it feels like if one wanders off andThis game is a change in terms of pace and has more in common with the Arma series than Battlefield or MW etc. There is a greater emphasis on realism than many fps games but a number of things about the game seem to detract from the realism. The chaos of battle is pretty well reflected but the part your meant to play is a bit vague. Much of the time it feels like if one wanders off and makes a cup of tea. The objective will still be achieved regardless. Could be that this is just in the early game, time will tell. The thing is I am not sure I will make it much further in as personally I am a bit bored. The motivation seems to be the biggest issue. I am trying to ignore the fact that I am a Nazi therefore aligned with the most evil bunch of bastards ever assembled and trying to focus on the fact that your just a solider. I appreciate a different perspective but this may be a bridge to far for my taste. Expand
  41. Aug 23, 2012
    At release my score for this game was a 0. The game was nothing like the first, it lost all its uniqueness that made it fun and just felt similar yet inferior to other fps titles like cod and bf3. I proceeded to cancel my pre-order and pretty much forget about the game. I was genuinely surprised when I tried the game out again during the free weekend event when they released the gotyAt release my score for this game was a 0. The game was nothing like the first, it lost all its uniqueness that made it fun and just felt similar yet inferior to other fps titles like cod and bf3. I proceeded to cancel my pre-order and pretty much forget about the game. I was genuinely surprised when I tried the game out again during the free weekend event when they released the goty (lol) edition. The fact that they listened to their supporters and put so much work into improving the game even when the player base seemed non-existent is amazing. I'm glad i purchased the game and will keep track of tripwire's future titles knowing they will make sure its a good title no matter how long it takes. Expand
  42. Apr 13, 2013
    I love what this games tries to be, which is a good mix between realism and action, with a heavy leaning towards the realism side. The fights are usually quite intense, and most of the fighting is luck based and the rest of it is skill.

The pros: you can get a good adrenaline rush from playing this game, since it heavily simulates reality, so you die extremely easily. Cons: Tripwire

Cons: Tripwire has NOT done a good job supporting this game. Initially, it was so buggy, that it was almost unplayable, they have patched it many times since then, and its still a mess. collision detection is unreliable, the game still takes up quite a large amount of resources to run for an Unreal 3 Engine game, forget about using AI Bots, as they are often hard to hit due to their jerky movements and animations, along with their animations and models not showing what they are really doing. I have been head-shot by AI bots many times when they are clearly looking the other direction, the bullet literally flies out of the muzzle of the gun, does a 180 the moment it leaves the barrel, and plants itself firmly in my face. They scale AI bots to your Honor Level, which means, when you first start out, they cant hit you at all almost, then when you get to at least level 50, they will headshot you from across the map with a submachine gun on the first shot 90% of the time. not only that, but the AI has some of the worst path-finding ive seen... with them bugging out on STOCK maps, all 30 AI players on your team will all get stuck in some particular spot or another, either they get stuck somewhere, or they will eventually all wander OUT-of-bounds till they are killed by being out of bounds too long... the AI isnt the only bad part. The UI is also buggy as hell, with one of the common bugs being that at the end of a match, it will continually make a clicking noise, as if you clicked on a button, and every time that happens, the map is shown, and it would kill the scoreboard if you have it up, its not game-breaking, but its annoying as hell. There are also issues with how the game runs on servers as well. map voting sometimes, ends up with a completely random map being chosen in the end, and I have seen an online campaign game get completely out of whack, bugging out and displaying everything wrong.

one annoying thing I have to note is the stupid way they did tank mechanics. Its fun to drive a tank and it feels authentic and everything, but the hit detection and damage system is just stupid, as they state that it simulates real-life, but it does not in any way. they state that the angle of the armor and how the shot hit the armor affects damage and penetration, which is completely wrong. no matter what angle you hit a tank, its the same "damage". plus, throw in random damage on top of that. sometimes you barely glance a tank with a shot to the front armor, and it explodes in one shot, sometimes, you have to hit it dead center where the ammo bin is with 5-6 shots before it explodes... tank battles would be much more fun if the damage was not random like it is right now.

Its cute that they added a leveling system to both the soldier classes and weapons, but I think it was something that is completely out of place, and I feel like they were pressured into putting it in due to CoD being so popular with its level and unlock system. that entire system should be tossed, since its a form of "the rich get richer" which really ruins the community, as it turns newbies away, which is a major issue since RO2 is heavily realism oriented, so it has a massively steep learning curve in the first place.

the largest issue I have is the maps. many of them are historically accurate, but that does not mean that the maps are balanced in any way. not just that, but most of the "community maps" that were put into the game after a map-making contest are just plain bad. They may look pretty, but they are in no way balanced, nor fun to play. most of the community maps are wide-open sniper-fests, either heavily favoring the attackers or defenders, there are only a few maps where it feels like both sides have an equal chance at winning.

in the end, its a fun game, and the idea is something I really love, they just ruined the execution of it by not releasing it in a playable bug-free state, and considering the competitive nature of games by making balanced maps. I give it a 6/10 since it is inexcusable that this game is still in such a buggy state more than a year after release, even if it is "playable". If the game worked perfectly with no bugs, and they fixed the balance issues, I would give it a 9/10.
  43. Nov 17, 2015
    I spent 300h in it, so I know what I say - DO NOT buy Red Orchestra 2. Tripwire managed to create the most glitchy game in the history of gaming. I mean, really, not a single thing in this game works correct (movement, reloading, shooting, server joining, graphics, AI, fps drops, it crashes, everything is broken). You have no idea how much times I had to crawl under the textures, how oftenI spent 300h in it, so I know what I say - DO NOT buy Red Orchestra 2. Tripwire managed to create the most glitchy game in the history of gaming. I mean, really, not a single thing in this game works correct (movement, reloading, shooting, server joining, graphics, AI, fps drops, it crashes, everything is broken). You have no idea how much times I had to crawl under the textures, how often I use "Umbra culling" console command, so the textures stop blinking and... NO, my PC is okay, it fits the requirements, so the game have to run smooth. But now I have to explain why did I spent 300 hours in it. Well, this is the only game about WWII of this kind. It have a good gameplay, a lot of decent maps (and a lot of terribly disbalanced though) and it's fun most of the time. If you see it for 2$ in steam, go check it out, but do not pay Tripwire the full price for that pre-alpha version of the game we expected to see. Expand
  44. Jan 3, 2015
    I have played this game longer than any other. This is because this game has the best multiplayer if you want the ultimate realistic hardcore FPS experience.

The soundscape is excellent. Weapons sound very realistic, whether near, far, or inside a building. Weapon handling (accuracy etc) are still the best I have ever seen in any game (much better than ARMA series in my opinion). There are some neat gameplay mechanics that simulate suppression, and reward teamwork and discourage camper score-whoring. This is probably the only game that really models suppression. Don't bother with the single-player though, its rubbish and the AI is dumb.

When it was released back in 2011, it was rough around the edges with lots of bugs, but now in 2014, with continuous support from the devs, virtually all the problems have been ironed out, and it now runs very stable.

Being realistic and brutal, this is very unforgiving to noobs (and CoD players). Only 1 rifle bullet is needed to kill. Noobs spawn, run forward, and get killed by enemy artillery, or a tank 300m away, or a sniper 200m away, or a machine gunner 150m away, or a maxed out assault trooper 5m away, and never see it coming. Being realistic, machine guns are almost just as accurate as sniper rifles, but it is slightly harder to spot prone enemies without the scope. I am usually the machine gunner, and by a round's end (20min) I may have killed over 80 of them and only died 5 times. That's how ruthless this game is. This is arguably both the game's biggest strengh, and its biggest problem.

This game uses a leveling and unlock system, but it is still quite fair on new players. While fully levelled guns will help (with slightly reduced weapon sway, recoil, reload time, magazine size etc) it is still only 20% of your effectiveness and the remaining 80% is down to your tactical awareness, teamwork, and most of all, your individual skill. That is the most important thing. If you are naturally good, you will start out quite well and only get better as you level up, but if you are not so good at aiming with a mouse, you might always struggle.

The online community is more mature than in most other shooter games. We still get the occasional 12 year old, but not too often. As of Dec-2014 there are still a good range of servers and a good volume of players online (about 1500 sunday night, 300 monday morning). At peak times there are about 5-10 servers with 64 players, and some servers occasionally go over the 64 player limit. The most I have seen is 85, that was epic. In 800 hours of gameplay I have only seen 1 incident of hacking (the artillery hack), and that one was patched out by the devs within days. So, this game has a virtually hack-free environment.

So, this game is too brutal and realistic for many, but if CoD or Battlefield is not cutting it for you, I recommend you try this.
  45. Oct 23, 2012
    About a year have passed. I bought RO2 at release. As an old RO VET, I must say many things have changed in the game and not neccessary for the better. Even after release, the generic XP, unlock and perk system does in MY OPINION not fit well into the game and I didn't buy RO for this, neither did I buy it for a load of other aids such as to much HUD details or fast Run'N Gun CoD-likeAbout a year have passed. I bought RO2 at release. As an old RO VET, I must say many things have changed in the game and not neccessary for the better. Even after release, the generic XP, unlock and perk system does in MY OPINION not fit well into the game and I didn't buy RO for this, neither did I buy it for a load of other aids such as to much HUD details or fast Run'N Gun CoD-like gameplay. But this is still present in the game. While Classic Mode improves the game it is evident that it is just a mode.. and not the base game, because many issues is still present, for instance the streamlined map design. RO2 have A LOT of potential but it falls between the cracks. Mixing Red Orchestra 1 with any other generic shooter was not a good idea and it becomes evident when you play the game. I am still waiting for a PROPER realism mode with no stupid CoD-inspired generic features. The DEVS should decide which direction they want to take with the game, what genre they want the game to be, because the truth is: You CANNOT appeal to everyone. Either go full in to do a proper Red Orchestra game - with no generic features - OR go full in to do another generic shooter. Mixing the two just makes the game less appealing for BOTH casual gamers and hardcore gamers. Now I can only hope RISING STORM will improve. Expand
  46. Nov 20, 2012
    I played the first Red Orchestra since it was just a beta, and as this game was approaching its launch I was extremely excited. I've decided to put that first game behind me for this review, as this second installment offers a quite different experience.

(+, --) Graphics. Game seems alive and quite realistic. What I would like to know is why there still are no facial animations. Everyone looks like dead dolls, and it really ruins the feeling you get. Upon first view most of the game looks great, but when you look into small details like this you realize it's very unpolished and fails to deliver simple things games from 2005 were able to produce. Textures look good, but many of the objects have uneven edges. Not very impressive for a game from 2011.

(+++) Sounds. This part was just stunning. It feels as if though you're in a real war, with soldiers on each side cursing at each other in their native tongue (given you set in-game language to this), while they hammer the opposing side with gunfire, airstrikes and grenades. The game makes a fantastic effort at making the possibly greatest battle of all time live up to its record. Death screams, prayers, and begging for mercy made me almost feel sorry for them. To top it off, Sam Hollick composed a staggering 25 scores for the game, all which fit the gritty setting of the war, where heroes are welcomed and enemies loathed.

(+, -) Gameplay. The one thing I like about the game is the fast pacing of it. You get the feeling that there is an extreme disregard for human lives, which was very true indeed for the Battle of Stalingrad, and the rest of the Eastern Front, for that matter. What bothers me the most is how unbalanced the game is. The Axis clearly has superior weapons, which is all fine and dandy since that's the way it was back in the real war, but back then the Soviets made up for that with their sheer numbers. Here, the armies are equally sized. One thing that made me shiver was the introduction of the MKB-42, a prototype to the MP-44. Just because the Germans had a few working models back in Berlin, it doesn't make it okay to distribute them among the soldiers on the Eastern Front. To make matters worse, they usually end up dominating the game.

All in all:

Audio: 10/10
    Graphics: 6/10
    Gameplay: 6/10
    Overall Score: 7.3/10

I recommend the game. This review might not help you if you're looking for a new Red Orchestra: Ostfront, but if we imagine the game being the first in the series, this is the score I'll be giving it. Comparing it to the first which I loved to the death and still do, the review score would be considerably lower. A step back if you ask me, but the two games can't really compare much to each other.
  47. Apr 16, 2013
    OFC this game doesn't deserve the 10 I gave him. But after reading many of those bad reviews, I had to do it.

1st. Most of the reviews under 5/10 are completly absurd... Bunch of call of duty fans which don't like the realism in these kind of game. 2nd. This isnt the kind of game you buy for its singleplayer. The huge 32 vs 32 multiplayer is the big to this game. I payed this

I payed this game 5$ on Steam. for this price I would give a 10 out of 10, but since it was 1st sold way higher I gotta put a 7 out of 10.

Good game, Hardcore gameplay. modable, many many maps new mods incoming. (vietnam mod free a new DLC).
  48. Mar 26, 2014
    I really tried to like this game (since i miss the ww2 shooters) all the time but i couldn't. The gameplay is pretty frustrating and you get killed all the time and you never realise where the enemy is, the graphics are pretty outdated for a game that came out in 2011 heck the graphics make this game look like it was made in 2005. The aiming is bad, most of the servers are infested withI really tried to like this game (since i miss the ww2 shooters) all the time but i couldn't. The gameplay is pretty frustrating and you get killed all the time and you never realise where the enemy is, the graphics are pretty outdated for a game that came out in 2011 heck the graphics make this game look like it was made in 2005. The aiming is bad, most of the servers are infested with bots and the game is not polished very well. I wouldn't recommend this game to your typical fps-gamer at all. Expand
  49. Jan 9, 2014
    This problem with this game is that its simply un finished. But its refreshing and different from the standard fpses we have nowdays. The cover system is still broken. Game itself is fun and i do recommend it for people who are into WW2 shooters.
  50. Jun 24, 2015
    Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad is a sequel to Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 by Tripwire Interactive, the same people that created the Killing Floor game, this review is split up into two reviews: Singleplayer and Multiplayer aspects of the game and are judged differently

Singleplayer - 5/10 I have got to say that the singleplayer for Red Orchestra 2 is the worst I have ever

Singleplayer - 5/10
    I have got to say that the singleplayer for Red Orchestra 2 is the worst I have ever seen, horrible AI, tons of glitches, awful story and also the same objectives, over and over and over again. "Capture this, then capture that, then finally capture the last one, and it is the most heavily guarded!" Is this the most Tripwire Interactive could come up with!?! Let's start with the AI, the worst I have ever seen. Soldiers running around in the battlefield, not looking for cover, acting like idiots, a Soviet soldier passes by a German soldier and completely ignores him! WOW, this is what must of happened during the real war! Glitches, they are everywhere! Soldiers sinking into the ground, soldiers spinning like they are at a disco party, running on the same spot, the glitches are endless! Awful story, one of the most boring stories I have ever encountered. I understand that it is during WWII and the Germans are fighting over the Russians etc... but come on! They could of made the story much better than what it is! And the objectives, always the same... just in a different place. Do this, then do that, then take over here, then there, etc... Really gets boring after a while. Overall I am disgusted by the level of poorness this "singleplayer" has to show. But the level of realism that it shows, from the breathing, to crouching and other stuff really makes you feel like you are in the battlefield. But overall, a complete disaster!

Multiplayer - 6/10
    Fun, not that fun but mostly fun, but the best is playing with your friends, as it can get very boring in a matter of a few hours. The only thing I have got to complain about is... why the hell are they advertising Rising Storm, which for me is a completely different game in this one!?! I really thought that Rising Storm is integrated into Red Orchestra 2 and it comes free, but OH NO, when I entered the game, you have to pay for Rising Storm, which I can understand, but why on earth would you integrate it with Red Orchestra 2 if they are two completely different games in two different places! And when I wanted to play one of the maps of Rising Storm in Red Orchestra 2, it did let me, but it strips away all the classes to the bare bone, what a waste. Honestly, you either make them separate games or charge for both Red Orchestra 2 and Rising Storm together, BUT overall the multiplayer is not bad, best with friends and family though!
  51. Sep 30, 2014
    I think this is the best WW2 shooter I have ever played. I love the way the maps can play out and the way you can interact with the environment and your weapon. the game is unfortunately marred by some unfortunate bugs and issues like laggy servers and melee combat can be a little annoying. The campaign is impossible but the multi player is good.

1. Nov 27, 2011
    The basic fact is that Red Orchestra 2 spoils you. Playing any other shooter, especially one that claims to be realistic, after going through a few rounds in RO2 is bound to be a disappointment.
  2. Nov 22, 2011
    The multiplayer of Red Orchestra 2 offers various interesting debate points about the realistic online shooter breed: praised by many, played by few. Forgetting some bugs and the (hopefully) soon to be addressed performance hiccups, Red Orchestra 2 is definitely an entertaining product that, online-wise, will guarantee months of brutal fun.
    If you think both Battlefield and Call of Duty are too exaggerated and unrealistic, and feel Counter-Strike is too soft, Red Orchestra 2 might be the game for you. It doesn't appeal to us, though.