7.3

1. Sep 16, 2011
    A lot of people say RO 2 is clunky, and in some ways it is. But Tripwire is known for actively releasing free DLC and patches so I trust them to fix these bugs very soon. And they better fix those bugs soon, because this game's got some potential. Apart from the bugs it's a great tactical game that can in no way be compared to other shooters on the market. If you like tactical shooters andA lot of people say RO 2 is clunky, and in some ways it is. But Tripwire is known for actively releasing free DLC and patches so I trust them to fix these bugs very soon. And they better fix those bugs soon, because this game's got some potential. Apart from the bugs it's a great tactical game that can in no way be compared to other shooters on the market. If you like tactical shooters and you do not mind a few soon to be patched bugs RO2 is a great game. I give it a 7.5 with the bugs, and an 8.5 without the bugs. Expand
  2. Nov 23, 2012
    There have been major improvements since this game first came out. I originally gave it a 5 due to stability issues in the multiplier segment. Pros:
    -Now they allow Modded Maps from STEAM!
    -The shooting is realistic (no virtual crosshairs) -You must be very careful and precise with your shots -Challenging and rewarding for every kill -It's quite fun if you have a collaborative team
    -Now they allow Modded Maps from STEAM!
    -The shooting is realistic (no virtual crosshairs)
    -You must be very careful and precise with your shots
    -Challenging and rewarding for every kill
    -It's quite fun if you have a collaborative team
    -The graphics are nice but the environments are sometimes uninteresting
    -You can feel the horrors of WWII

Cons: -Single player is absolutely worthless
    -You will die A LOT.
    -Some poor map design because of the openness.

I rated this game higher because its a better take on FPS. You can't play it like Call of Duty and you shouldn't play it like call of duty. If you are up for a challenge you will love this game.
  3. Sep 15, 2011
    I took part in the beta as I wanted to give some feedback to the devs regarding how the game plays and maybe ways it can be improved.

The game plays OK for me and it appears much better than the beta, however, some players cannot run it or it crashes during play, I don't have those problems so hopefully the devs are looking into it and will resolve those issues. The maps are big

The maps are big compared to some other FPS games I've played, it's a very tactical game and requires a little thought before moving towards a position (Territory), running and gunning can and will get you killed very quickly.

I haven't tried all the weapons in the game yet but of those I have used they seem effective and do the job.

The best part of the game for me is atmosphere, the sound of a weapon in the distance or artillery raining down on my position is very good.

The game does have a few problems, cover/use/bandage assigned to 1 key needs to be changed, lockdown timer needs to go, that stops any kind of tactical play as the game then becomes a mad rush for the cap before the timer runs out, these are small things but some were mentioned during the beta and are still in the full release. I only hope that Tripwire are reading their forums and the Steam forums and taking the feedback from the players as a good thing, I want the game to be perfect and at the moment it isn't, some players do have major problems so hopefully they will be fixed.

I enjoy the game but the little irritating bugs, some mentioned above, stop me from giving the game a higher rating.
  4. Sep 18, 2011
    The frame rate performance is not good enough for most of gamers with the middle to low class PC. At least the frame rate is not sufficient with a notebook amd6770m i76320qm. Despite the lag, the game design looks amazing with full of challenge: ballistic shell dropping, human partial injuring, vehicle partial piercing, friendly firing activated as default. RO2 is a historic tale. So thereThe frame rate performance is not good enough for most of gamers with the middle to low class PC. At least the frame rate is not sufficient with a notebook amd6770m i76320qm. Despite the lag, the game design looks amazing with full of challenge: ballistic shell dropping, human partial injuring, vehicle partial piercing, friendly firing activated as default. RO2 is a historic tale. So there is much to learn what is like being in World War 2. RO2 suits to me as it is similar to ARMA, actually RO2 control is friendlier. Expand
  5. Jul 7, 2012
    Red Orchestra 2 takes the player back to World War 2 using a First-person shooting mechanic that prides itself on its realism. Players take to the stage as either the Wehrmacht or Red Army on several historical battlefields using an assortment of historically accurate weapons and sometimes vehicles. There are a number of classes to pick from such as the squad leader, sniper and heavyRed Orchestra 2 takes the player back to World War 2 using a First-person shooting mechanic that prides itself on its realism. Players take to the stage as either the Wehrmacht or Red Army on several historical battlefields using an assortment of historically accurate weapons and sometimes vehicles. There are a number of classes to pick from such as the squad leader, sniper and heavy gunner. Often these positions are taken up and you'll be forced to play the rifle man. For some reason, this game has been divided up into three modes and I am not sure what all of them do. Classical mode is most true to Red Orchestra 1 and Action mode is a Call of Duty clone in some respects. I believe there is also a "realism" mode but there doesn't seem to be any documentation on what sets the game modes apart. From what I could gather, realism is less realistic than Classical but more so than Action. If that isn't bad enough, server owners are also free to enable mutators to change aspects of the game but the server browsers fails to inform the player on what exactly these mutators do. Sometimes everyone ends up with pistols as a side-arm (Highly historically inaccurate) and other times the score system seems tweaked. Very annoying when you just want to play Red Orchestra and not be subject to every whim of some know-it-all administrator. The weapon models are well done but the maps look bleak and empty. I'm sure this was done intentional but it simply is ugly and a lack of cover means you will die a lot until people eventually manage to break through like hungry lemmings. There is one map, which has been added with the Game of the Year Edition that is supposed to look like a trench-warfare snow map but it looked like the moon to me. When people think they're on another planet when you're aiming for realism, you have failed as a map designer. My other gripe with the game are the controls. They are horrible; you require far too many key presses to get in and out of cover and one button has at least three different functions which means that when you're trying to bandage yourself and prevent exsanguination, you might end up hugging a wall instead which causes the key to adopt another function and you will not be able to heal yourself anymore unless you dislosge from the wall and try again. Usually you'll have bled out by that point and died another needless and demovating death. Something you'll be doing often as most hits are one-shot-kills from and most of the time, you won't have a clue who shot you. The camera does shift towards the direction you were shot from but they could have kept that out as it doesn't help. It would have been more realistic if the screen had simply gone black instead of being jerked out of your body to suddenly hover above it. Nor does the fact that the kill log has a delay which means you're deprived of vital information constantly. Did you kill the guy you fired at? Did he kill your squad mates? No clue unless you want to take a break for a moment and wait for the kill log to catch up. I understand that some people are tricked into believing this is realism but since this is a videogame and you lack direct communication with those around you (The few people who use VOIP seem to be incoherent at best) you need the game to give you the information. Although Red Orchestra 2 is not a bad game, it isn't very good either. They did remove the ridiculously unrealistic grenade-spamming from the first part in the series but they introduced broken controls, unbalanced maps and a whole lot of frustration caused by people who would rather camp to get cheap kills than actually win the round by playing aggressively. Only recommended for die-hard Red Orchestra fans and videogame players who despise teamwork. Expand
  6. Sep 19, 2011
    If this game was released 10 years on ps2 it would get an 8 or 9. I wonder why they use these outdated engines, they can't look at the finished product and say this is just AWESOME. What a crappy game that I will never play again.
  7. Sep 16, 2011
    When the multiplayer comes together, this game provides some of the most tense FPS action out there. Be warned it takes patience and tactics; but it's the little things that make this game, such as the delayed kill messages and difficulty to tell which side people are on. Its not really about racking up the kills its about staying alive. Bugs are there but not game breaking and hardly dentWhen the multiplayer comes together, this game provides some of the most tense FPS action out there. Be warned it takes patience and tactics; but it's the little things that make this game, such as the delayed kill messages and difficulty to tell which side people are on. Its not really about racking up the kills its about staying alive. Bugs are there but not game breaking and hardly dent the experience. When it comes to people who complain about how they've paid good money for a broken product - Take a step back and realise that you're getting worked up about a computer game. Opinions are subjective and hate offers nothing constructive. This is a multiplayer game so the only thing that should matter is the gameplay... and this game delivers in that department. Expand
  8. Sep 14, 2011
    With the success of 'Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45' comes 'Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad', an ambitious sequel to a humble game with humble beginnings. Crammed in this exciting sequel is a veritable smorgasbord of new and refreshing features, including fully modelled and meticulously detailed tank interiors, new game modes to appeal to a wider audience and an amazing attention toWith the success of 'Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45' comes 'Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad', an ambitious sequel to a humble game with humble beginnings. Crammed in this exciting sequel is a veritable smorgasbord of new and refreshing features, including fully modelled and meticulously detailed tank interiors, new game modes to appeal to a wider audience and an amazing attention to detail. This is all on top of the already refined core gameplay elements that were already present in the first game.

However, it has been a rocky road to release and I suspect what will be an even rockier road to a stable release version. Despite being free from the pressures of an outside publisher and having the pleasure to set its own development cycle, Tripwire Interactive has somehow managed to shoot themselves in both feet.
    Despite the successes of 'Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45' and 'Killing Floor', Tripwire still very much feel like an amateur game studio. The general lack of company structure and the lack of game release experience have led to a very poorly executed and managed beta.

The months that led up to release were plagued with serious performance issues, subsequently pushing the release date back by an entire fortnight and delaying the beta. Had the beta that was 'too buggy to release' been put out earlier, and communication between the developers and beta testers been better, release would have been much smoother.

Nevertheless, if you can somehow manage to figure out and get past many of the technical performance and optimisation issues the game feels and plays fantastically. At the very heart of Red Orchestra is the multiplayer and Tripwire have definitely delivered a solid multiplayer experience. The pace picks up a little compared to RO1, gone are the days of tediously long walks to objectives. The game has been made â
  9. Sep 14, 2011
    Have been playing Ro2 since the beta and have been enjoying it It runs fine on mid-high end pcs It does still need some optimization but this game has a experience unlike any other. From aiming and firing your weapon to bolting your rifle it feels as close as shooting a kar-98k could the sounds are amazing and level of immersion is incredible. Do not let minor bugs and performance issue'sHave been playing Ro2 since the beta and have been enjoying it It runs fine on mid-high end pcs It does still need some optimization but this game has a experience unlike any other. From aiming and firing your weapon to bolting your rifle it feels as close as shooting a kar-98k could the sounds are amazing and level of immersion is incredible. Do not let minor bugs and performance issue's that will be fixed very shortly make you miss out on this amazing game Expand
  10. Sep 15, 2011
    Being a RO1 player, I enjoyed the RO2 improvements to infantry combat (long range combat is less frustrating, I like how you need to manually zero in your sights if you want to hit targets past 100m) and the that movement system is overall less clunky. There were some things I didn't like about the game that aren't caused by bugs, such as killcams (almost every server has them enabled),Being a RO1 player, I enjoyed the RO2 improvements to infantry combat (long range combat is less frustrating, I like how you need to manually zero in your sights if you want to hit targets past 100m) and the that movement system is overall less clunky. There were some things I didn't like about the game that aren't caused by bugs, such as killcams (almost every server has them enabled), and the idea that the devs combined a cover/use/give ammo command into one universal command; it was unclear to me that the cover button doubled as the use key until I learned it myself, with no proper documentation (no game manual).

In terms of visuals it might look average compared to other UE3 games like Bulletstorm, but remember that RO2 levels are extremely large with large view distances that can support up to 64 player tank + infantry battles. In that regard, it's relatively good and plus the atmosphere that's conveyed through the visuals is depressingly realistic. It also runs well on my PC on Ultra settings at around 40-70 fps which is good. Sound design is also excellent, guns sound like their real life equivalent and the music sets a great mood although I wish there was a checkbox to disable it (atm you need to manually set the music volume to 0)

Now, by this time many people now about the game's extremely buggy release and have refunded their purchase as a result; that was a poor decision since Tripwire is known for delivering quality, consistent FREE patches and updates that not only fix most of the glitches or bug, but they add upon the gameplay (see killing floor for an example). And as for the day 1 unlocks not working, they obviously didn't want that to happen and it was a bug that no one could expect; Tripwire didn't lie to the consumer on that because they didn't expect the unlocks to bug up. The only real bugs I get annoyed with are related to stat tracking (some servers track your stats, some don't) and the bug that doesn't let you fire your bolt action rifle when you zoom in initially.

Overall this is a good game that suffered an unfortunate buggy release (like Bad Company 2 and Black Ops on PC). If you like relatively hardcore shooters and have the patience to wait for Tripwire to fix the glaring bugs affecting gameplay (they already are releasing a patch which will fix a good deal of the current crash bugs) you should get this game. RO2 requires some patience and learning so don't just drop the game if you find it frustrating. This game will definitely shine in the future, once the free content patches and various mods flood in for it. For those of you wondering about my specs, I have: i5-760 2.8ghz, 4gb ddr2 ram, EVGA GeForce 460SE 1024mb with the beta 280.19 drivers running at ultra detail in 1680x1050.
  11. Sep 15, 2011
    It really is a great game and you will struggle to find anything in its league out there on the market today. It really isn't for everyone and there are currently quite a few issues being reported but I am hopeful they will all be resolved as TWI are usually very good with support and such.
  12. Sep 16, 2011
    Ok, i will drop it from a 10 to a 8 because of the bugs. But honestly, all of these people claiming to be long time RO players giving this a low score because of bugs obviously aren't long time RO players because if they were they would know Tripwire never lets down there fans. Unlike EA and dozens of other rich developers out there these guys DO care about their work. I'm a loyal fanOk, i will drop it from a 10 to a 8 because of the bugs. But honestly, all of these people claiming to be long time RO players giving this a low score because of bugs obviously aren't long time RO players because if they were they would know Tripwire never lets down there fans. Unlike EA and dozens of other rich developers out there these guys DO care about their work. I'm a loyal fan for a reason. Thank God someone still believes in a true PC only first person shooter. I hope my 50 dollar donation helps them help me with awesome patches. I know it will, Kudos Tripwire. :D Expand
  13. Sep 21, 2011
    I love the great atmosphere, that is much harsher than in other FPS. This is because of the unique mixture of realism, sounds of explosions, dying and wounded comrades, the suppression mechanics, WWII typical graphics etc.- I think this is as close as a current computer game can get to real war experience.
  14. Oct 8, 2011
    Who knew that "realism" shooters meant next-to no weapon sway whatsoever. Along with being uninspired and boring, the game turns out to be a hilarious SMG fest with broken hitboxes and broken features like their global stat system. This is what happens when an honest and talented group of modders get handed a slice of cake.
  15. Sep 23, 2011
    If you're looking for a unique experience that no other developer has done, set in WW2 then look no further. The game is not without it's bugs, they are plentiful, but luckily none of them are truly game breaking and this multiplayer focused game is the most rewarding around. Definitely pick this up if you are interested in WW2 games, as it is absolutely nothing like Medal of Honor or CallIf you're looking for a unique experience that no other developer has done, set in WW2 then look no further. The game is not without it's bugs, they are plentiful, but luckily none of them are truly game breaking and this multiplayer focused game is the most rewarding around. Definitely pick this up if you are interested in WW2 games, as it is absolutely nothing like Medal of Honor or Call of Duty, it's fresh and a welcome addition to the genre. Expand
  16. Sep 23, 2011
    Unplayable on a brand new rig. Freezes, no master servers founds, can't even play on low graphics much less anything high. Completely unplayable. And you shouldn't buy it unless you have a massive amount of time to donate to Technical support and Customer Service. They give you the run around.
  17. Sep 27, 2011
    Another 'run of the mill' 1st person shooter - This game feels like it is not fit for release and a poor beta at that. Looking at the overall effects and interaction it looks like something produced many years ago. Bug ridden and really should be avoided.
  18. Oct 8, 2011
    Red Orchestra 2 is one of the most innovative and atmospheric FPS games of the past two years. In a market dominated by testosterone pumped macho men saving the world Red Orchestra 2 takes a step back into the harsh reality of World War 2.
    The individual player cannot win a war by his self. To succeed one is going to need to coordinate with your team, however this doesn't go without saying that player skill is still quite valuable. Completing objectives and working with the team nets XP, which is used to level up your honor. As the player levels up, his character becomes visibly more grizzled. Weapons also level up, and they do so individually. Through the different levels a weapon will gradually become more clean, and eventually the standard issue version of the weapon. Levelling a class or weapon will even increase certain stats such as suppression resistance, accuracy, stamina, and other significant factors in fighting. These stat increases aren't overpowering or unbalanced as they don't directly increase factors such as damage, instead they indirectly aid the player in accomplishing his or her goals. The entire stat system contributes in making everything you do rewarding. Firefights in Red Orchestra 2 are intense and satisfying experiences. Sound design, the breathing system, and damage modelling collaborate to turn gunfights into strategic encounters requiring both fast reflexes and smart tactics. It is possible to hit various organs inside an enemy's body as the game has in-depth damage modelling. A shot in the heart is an instant kill whereas a shot in the gut will take some time to bleed out. When a player is shot he can apply a bandage which negates all of the effects of being shot. There is a limited number of two bandages per life so the player will have to take care to avoid being shot. Aiming is drastically different from most first person shooters. The weapon in your hands is not glued to the center of the screen, but instead it moves with your mouse. Weapons also collide with in-game geometry such as walls and fences which adds a nice touch of immersion to the experience. A third person shooter inspired cover system is also implemented, but in a first person perspective. When taking cover a player can blindfire from cover or pop out and fire much like in the typical third person shooter, however it is quite different as you are not aware of where the enemy is until you pop out of cover. This system works very well and is essential for winning a firefight.
    The atmosphere in this game is unprecedented. Teammates around the player constantly say context sensitive lines about the current situation, and in some cases another player's character will reply. Suppression also ties into this as a character under fire will inform his team that he is pinned down. When a player dies it is usually accompanied with the character calling for his mother or even horrific gurgling noises; there was many a time that I was almost saddened by killing the enemy in front of me. In culmination the character lines, gritty art direction, and environments within the game depict the horrors of war in a very effective manner.
    Though it had a rough launch, Red Orchestra 2 managed to enthrall me with its many features and depth filled gameplay. Don't let those who can't over look some technical flaws in this game fool you, this is well worth the money and then some. Thirty dollars for this game is almost undercutting the developers with the effort and attention to detail they put into the game, and I would happily more for this masterpiece. Even the so-called 'triple A titles' can't live up to the work of art that is Red Orchestra 2, and I doubt that they ever will.
  19. Dec 22, 2011
    Hmm, where to begin with this mess?

First, in a first person shooter game, I have never found such ridiculous hit boxes. Hit detection in this game is truly screwed up, probably a result of horrible multiplayer code. You *will* stick a submachine gun into someones chest and they *will* not die even after unloading a full clip. This also makes leading moving targets fairly hard. For
    Hmm, where to begin with this mess?

For whatever reason, the dev's added NPC tannk crewmembers. THis might be ok - if they did not also shoot the guns for you. Very easy to park a tank in a key location, particularly as Axis, and let your super-soldier NPC AI friends mow down everyone coming in. They are far more accurate than they should be, I have exploited this a few times - but it's not really fun, just obnoxious. The tanks also feel like moving a cardboard box around instead of driving.

Oh - the upgrade weapons! IN their infinite wisdom, they added a bunch of weapons that were never mass produced, such as the precusor to the AK-47. Instead of a deliberately paced rifle shooter, we end up with a blandly themed, poorly performing CoD World at War 2.0 - everyone and their mom is running around with some unusual weapon.

I hope the idiots that published this trash enjoy their Lamborghini - I will never buy anything from them - or associated with their names - again. Complete rip off - you get a handful of maps some of which don't even work. It also crashes frequently and the netcode is so bad pings average 300ms with a very fast connection.
  20. Nov 11, 2011
    ridiculous, I bought this game out of pure hype. And i'm truly disappointed I did. Honestly, This game is pure crap. Terrible. Probably sold so much because of stupid hats, Worst $60 I ever spent in my life. I really want my money back. Oh and the most terrible thing in this game is the tank gameplay, Its just absolutely ****
  21. Dec 20, 2011
    The game is so flawed it's almost unplayable. I'm not even talking about the poor performance issue, but in fact the various flaws in the game design itself.

The game system will constantly auto kill you, you will fall through the map, you will die leaving the invisible zone, you will die trying to capture a house.... basically you will be dying a lot, but not by the hands of the opponent, but rather by the hands of the devs :/

Was really looking forward to a realistic WWII shooter, but this game is too much of a disappointment!
  22. Feb 18, 2012
    I feel violated. Not only do I feel robbed of my pre order money. This is not the game tripwire told us it would be. They didn´t mention they would release a beta and charge full price for it. They didn´t mention it would be a bad call of duty clone. They didn´t mention it would not work on alot of rigs. The reason for releasing this beta instead of aI feel violated. Not only do I feel robbed of my pre order money. This is not the game tripwire told us it would be. They didn´t mention they would release a beta and charge full price for it. They didn´t mention it would be a bad call of duty clone. They didn´t mention it would not work on alot of rigs. The reason for releasing this beta instead of a finished product was simple: money. With BF3 and Modern warfare 3 soon to be released aswell, tripwire figured if they were first on the scene they could get alot of people waiting for those games to buy RO2 and play while they awaited the other games. It worked with the preorder, on the day of RO2´s release there where around 10.000 players at peak hours. After a week that number was less than 3000. Now, six months later, this game is stuggles to get above 1000. Is it a good beta then? Sadly not even that. Besides the bucketload of bugs, still unadressed six months after release there are still alot of things that will never be changed. The biggest and most gamebreaking one of these things is the netcoding. When you fire a weapon, you have to lead for ping. And because the ping is never consistent, you have to guess where your shot will land. We can thank Ramm for that one, among other things. This might be fixed by modders, who in all likelyhood will do a better job than the amateurs at tripwire. Add to this a less than customer friendly attitude of some of the teripwire team *cough* Rammjaeger *cough* this experience has lead me to decide to never spend any more my hard earned money on products coming from Tripwire.
    Tl:Dr version = BETRAYAL!!!
  23. Dec 16, 2012
    Being a Red Orchestra: Ostfront 44 - 45 veteran I looked up to this game.

First, at the release it was a horrible and unfinished piece of **** Now in December (2012) it is still a horrible and unifnished piece of ****. This game lacks EVERYTHING that the first game had, EVERYTHING. Let me start off with my biggest irritation. The game feels empty, dull and uninspired. The maps
    Being a Red Orchestra: Ostfront 44 - 45 veteran I looked up to this game.

This game lacks EVERYTHING that the first game had, EVERYTHING.

Let me start off with my biggest irritation.

The game feels empty, dull and uninspired. The maps are always the same **** couple of buildings here and there. Random and unthought roads and cover here and there and they call it a map.

The gameplay consists of you running around just searching for the enemy and hoping to actualy find him, when you do you just shoot at eachother until the war is **** over. The maps and the gameplay are so dull I often play for 10 minutes and quit. It's just not enjoyable, it's so repative and boring .. And the better you are at the game the more boring it gets. Because once you actualy relize and get skilled, the game becomes of you shooting people like pigs without any resistance.

The classes that the game offers (Rifleman, Squad Leader) also feel like there is no difference or detail to them, it's just all about the weapon you get when you choose. NOTHING else.

The graphics are **** and the optimization is bad, this is primarely because they decided to use the HORRIBLE Unreal Engine. It instead became Blurred textures & Bloom: The Videogame.

This game lacks what WW2 shooters need. That is, big maps, slow gameplay and most important of all NOT DULL gameplay! RO2 does not offer any of this.

The game is really simple often divided into Objective A, B and C.

Soviets attack A B and C and the Wehrmacht defends A, B and C. This never stops and goes on for eternities until somebody wins, when they win there is a cheesy themesong playing with zero detail and feel to it. And you just feel like "Oh wow, it's finaly over"

Played this ****ty mess for 103 hours on Steam, I think I deserve the right to talk so bad about it. I've had it.

Tripwire Interactive has also attempted to attract more idiots to this game by making free weekends almost every month what it feels like, and constant discounts and sales. But it just isn't working.

The game is **** if you want a good WW2 game consider something else. RO: Ostfront and the mod Darkest Hour for it are 100 times better.

Good luck.
  24. Sep 15, 2011
    Awesome game. Game of the year easily. It brings the horrors of war to your PC. It can be terrifying when you see a tank and its turret turns towards you. Looks fantastic with a modified Unreal 3 engine. So much amazing detail. Tank battles are so much fun.
  25. Apr 26, 2012
    Red Orchestra 2 is a moderately entertaining game with several massive flaws. You are supposed to be able to bandage yourself up while bleeding/taking internal damage but sometimes it just goes to fading to black. I am not sure why the "press left control to bandage yourself" message displays at this time but it does not work in this situation...

The graphics are extremely dated, even for

The graphics are extremely dated, even for this game. It is made by the same guys that made the game "Killing Floor" which is a very classic indie game, but in the end this game runs on very similar graphics, at highest setting. Its graphics are on par with medal of honor allied assault, or call of duty 2, if you are familiar with these two old treasures/relics.

Either way, bugs, in game code issues, and graphics aside, its a moderately decent game and will get boring if you play for a few hours on end. Play it casually. I have to give this game a 7 out of 10 just because of the fact I use an oldschool rating system which is, imo, is an extremely accurate rating systeme. So here we go...

1. Sound: 8 out of 10

Total 7 out of 10.
  26. Sep 22, 2011
    25 Hours in the Beta
    18 Hours in the Release
    Been thoroughly enjoying the game, despite its bugs and shortfalls. Grain Elevator has to be my favorite map (playing it as Germans is just an amazing experience). The game is much more accessible than RO1. However if you're the type of person who can only play super polished games, then I would suggest waiting a while until more patches come
    25 Hours in the Beta
    18 Hours in the Release

The game is much more accessible than RO1. However if you're the type of person who can only play super polished games, then I would suggest waiting a while until more patches come out or when the mods start to release.

Devs have been working on fixing bugs since the beta. We've been through several patches since the release so far. Still not there yet, but its getting there.
  27. May 29, 2012
    I was fortunate enough to play the original Red Orchestra before this game. Having been a huge fan of the original, I held off on buying the sequel, until the May 2012 patch. I bought it on sale during the free weekend on steam and I'm amazed. It is an amazing game and is almost as good as the original (it's better in some areas though). The maps are big, the tank battles are epic, andI was fortunate enough to play the original Red Orchestra before this game. Having been a huge fan of the original, I held off on buying the sequel, until the May 2012 patch. I bought it on sale during the free weekend on steam and I'm amazed. It is an amazing game and is almost as good as the original (it's better in some areas though). The maps are big, the tank battles are epic, and the 64 player servers make the game feel like a real battle during WW2. This game is worth the $40 now, after the latest patch. Expand
  28. Nov 25, 2011
    This the most stupid game ever. There are Lots of stupid bugs. The single mission starts with stupid TRAINING Session, and beleive me passing this stage impossible. I just finished all the supid TRAINING seesions, even with stupid FIXED MACHINE GUN, the game doesn t finish. The stupid YELLOW Flashing turns on the STUPID fixing machine station with stupid GREEN Smoke or whatever, it stillThis the most stupid game ever. There are Lots of stupid bugs. The single mission starts with stupid TRAINING Session, and beleive me passing this stage impossible. I just finished all the supid TRAINING seesions, even with stupid FIXED MACHINE GUN, the game doesn t finish. The stupid YELLOW Flashing turns on the STUPID fixing machine station with stupid GREEN Smoke or whatever, it still syas the ''Press the Lcontrol to leave..`" but it doesnt do anything. I just bought this game via steam to play a WWII shouter, but this stupid problem just messed up my demands. I never and ever preferer this stupid game to anybody. It sucks Expand
  29. Oct 9, 2012
    I would have liked to give this more. But after more than a year since the release is still a buggy game. It needs a beast of a machine to run efficiently. I got that now, but still find far too many bugs: clipping bugs, graphics etc... Shame - the game has innovative parts, the developers seem to be involved. But still too buggy and not satisfying to play. Get your act together TripwireI would have liked to give this more. But after more than a year since the release is still a buggy game. It needs a beast of a machine to run efficiently. I got that now, but still find far too many bugs: clipping bugs, graphics etc... Shame - the game has innovative parts, the developers seem to be involved. But still too buggy and not satisfying to play. Get your act together Tripwire otherwise people will give up on you! Expand
  30. Oct 15, 2011
    I wan't to love this game, but Tripwire are trying to make it very hard for me. For some perspective, I am a diehard fan of the original and have a strong interest in the history of the Eastern front; I played a LOT of RO1, and while I didn't expect the same game with better graphics, I did expect a similar feel.

I only got that feel under layers of pointless and totally contrived

I only got that feel under layers of pointless and totally contrived unlocks, an excess of automatic weapons, and general speeding-up of things like shouldering weapons or reloading which results in almost Call of Duty-like moments every now and then. Don't get me wrong, this game is NOT a twitch shooter. The lethality of weapons is still quite good, and the way they handle is as lifelike as we are ever likely to see in a game. Animations are great and look very natural, movement is flowing (a huge improvement over the original). Tanks in particular are drastically improved, you actually feel like you're driving a giant 30-ton steel monster now.

But there are oh so many problems. The faster pacing and the proliferation of SMGs and semiautos means you're lucky to see more than 5-10 bolt actions on a full 32-player team... not just historically wrong, but also detrimental to the tense, deliberate gameplay RO is known for. The unlock system was pretty obviously thrown together as an afterthought to try and attract more fans of mainstream shooters, as some weapons cannot be upgraded at all and others only have cosmetic upgrades. The upgrades themselves are often contrived (going from a brand-new 1943 scope design to a clunkier postwar design with the MN91/30 sniper rifle, upgrading to a 75-round saddle drum only used on aircraft for the MG34, and in the case of the G41, a 1943 scope on a 1944 mount for an entirely different rifle - all this for a game set in Aug '42 to Feb '43) and were added with little to no concern for balance. So far the map design fails to even approach that of the earlier game; the two maps Tripwire chose to remake are not the ones I would've picked, that's for certain. The visuals aren't bad (they're actually pretty nice in places), but it's clear that Tripwire's art team don't have much experience with current-gen art assets. Performance is pot luck, with some people having no issues and others finding the game unplayable. The game itself is rife with bugs, even so many weeks after release (and following several large patches). The sound design is mostly good, but the accented English voice acting is terribly written and awfully read. Native voices, which are superb, cannot currently be enabled without swapping critical game files - risky with VAC and Punkbuster running. Tripwire did promise there would be an option for this, but none has been added yet. While issues with stat tracking were fixed, it gave a worrying insight into what the game will be like in a month or a year when everyone has a hero character - any semblance of historical authenticity goes out the window when Soviet troops are running around with scoped MKb.42 rifles.

I really, really worry about this game's future. Underneath all the slapped-on rubbish lies the greatest shooter I have ever seen. The mechanics are sound, the feel is great, and the satisfaction to be had is immense... you just have to swim through the sea of unlocked fantasy weapons, poor English voice acting, and schizophrenic map design to get to it. The game is rapidly turning into a ghost town only a few weeks after release, and I hope this is a lesson to Tripwire about leaving their niche to try and take money from the CoD/BF crowd... but from the attitude they've been displaying on their forums, I doubt it's sunk in.

My advice? Wait for a sale, and get excited for the mods that are in the works. I really wish I could give this game a 10 now, but it seems it's up to the community to make it what it should have been (and what the devs promised us it would be).
  31. Sep 17, 2011
    This game is very fun online,in fact the best online experience ive had for a while. the single player isnt great,but the multiplayer shines. this game is very realistic, and has the ww2 vibe , must buy
  32. Nov 17, 2012
    One thought comes to my head when playing this game: made by amateurs. It feels like a sloppy console port using a dated graphics engine, even though it's a PC exclusive. The post-processing effects poorly hide the low textures by blurring the whole environment. It's so unconvincing. Single player is worthless and just plain unplayable. I can only ever find a couple of populated servers,One thought comes to my head when playing this game: made by amateurs. It feels like a sloppy console port using a dated graphics engine, even though it's a PC exclusive. The post-processing effects poorly hide the low textures by blurring the whole environment. It's so unconvincing. Single player is worthless and just plain unplayable. I can only ever find a couple of populated servers, with a large majority bots to substitute the empty slots. At least the game runs at a stable framerate online, but games like Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway look and run a whole heck of a lot better. The controls are so clunky compared to the original RO. Suppression effects are way too exaggerated in this game; in the original RO, the screen only flickers a little when a bullet whizzes by you. When you get suppressed in this game (which is all too often), the whole screen turns black and white, making it impossible to see anything. No one cooperates as a team because they're more concerned about getting kills and unlocking weapons than actually playing the objective. The maps in my opinion are too small... some more emphasis on vehicles like in the original RO would be much appreciated. Overall this game feels like another trashy, fast-paced console shooter. Expand
  33. Oct 2, 2011
    Although the game suffered from a rocky launch, a flurry of post-release patches quickly addressed most of the actual technical problems. What remains to be fixed are some annoying gameplay issues that might take a bit longer to resolve - notably broken achievements, unlocks, and statistics. Nevertheless, the game is still very fun and quite challenging. Most of the maps are balanced andAlthough the game suffered from a rocky launch, a flurry of post-release patches quickly addressed most of the actual technical problems. What remains to be fixed are some annoying gameplay issues that might take a bit longer to resolve - notably broken achievements, unlocks, and statistics. Nevertheless, the game is still very fun and quite challenging. Most of the maps are balanced and well done, although the instant death caused by inadvertently straying into an out-of-bounds area is extremely annoying. The clunky interface screens are the worst part of the game but this is quickly dismissed once you are actually in a match since combat is compelling and immersive. The achievements are generally uninspiring but that's a minor disappointment. It would be nice if there were more rewards and unlocks - what's there feels like simply the start of what could have been a great progression system. Vehicle controls are a bit frustrating and the weapon selection limited but fortunately the developer has plans to improve these. The game has a variety of different classes and weapons but the gaps are notable and frustrating (there are no classes for vehicles, there are no stats tracked for vehicle or grenade kills, some weapons have levels yet others don't). Statistics are also limited (no end-of-match stats for number of deaths, team kills, etc). The single player campaign is essentially an underwhelming tutorial/practise session. However, despite the rough edges, the multi-player game experience is much more compelling than either of the more popular Call of Duty or Battlefield franchises. The game requires considerably more teamwork and squad tactics and the atmosphere and realism is a much closer approximation to World War 2 infantry combat than any other than any other first-person shooter. If you are willing to look past the statistics tracking fiasco, the game is quite good and certainly a worthwhile puchase considering how invested the developer is its improvement. Expand
  34. Sep 26, 2011
    RO2 is less a game, more of an experience. Ernest Hemingway said of war 'You will die like a dog for no good reason' and often RO2 can feel like this. Until you act like it IS real, slow down, ride the tension, and take appropriate precautions. This is a real tactical shooter, that rewards real tactics, maybe the only one I've played apart from it's predecessor that actually earns theRO2 is less a game, more of an experience. Ernest Hemingway said of war 'You will die like a dog for no good reason' and often RO2 can feel like this. Until you act like it IS real, slow down, ride the tension, and take appropriate precautions. This is a real tactical shooter, that rewards real tactics, maybe the only one I've played apart from it's predecessor that actually earns the 'tactical' description.

Maybe if more money and time had been applied to the graphics, it would be getting better reviews. But because it requires a more thoughtful approach, and rewards teamwork much more than twitchy reflexes, it is probably not a game that will satisfy the gaming hordes anyway. And maybe that's a good thing. I am so thankful it has not been dumbed down from the original for a mass audience.
  35. Sep 15, 2011
    I really can not believe the amount of troll reviews I have read on here. I have no idea why they would be rating the game zero and complaining about 8 year old graphics? It really shows either how dumb they are or how dishonest there review is. I'm only giving this a 10 because of all the zero's the trolls have placed upon RO2. Anyways on to the review.... Basically this is aI really can not believe the amount of troll reviews I have read on here. I have no idea why they would be rating the game zero and complaining about 8 year old graphics? It really shows either how dumb they are or how dishonest there review is. I'm only giving this a 10 because of all the zero's the trolls have placed upon RO2. Anyways on to the review.... Basically this is a realistic shooter which has a nice learning curve. You will die, and die a lot...but this is not paintball, its war...and it feels like it. That is this games crowning achievement, make you feel like your in a dirty war with death all around you. Sounds are amazing and really pull you in. Graphics are good, and game-play is spot on(if you like this type of slower pace battles). 64 player servers are truly epic as well and pull you into this is war even more. There are a few bugs on release which can be a pain. But then again almost all games do so Im not about to give it a zero because of it. I believe tripwire has a great track record of fixing these things so I'm just taking off a point for that. Bottom line your either this type of player or not. If you don't like the realism you wont like RO2. However if you do like realism then this game was MADE for you.. I'm glad I am the latter because I'm in love and can't put this title down. The real score is 8 out of 10. When the bugs get fixed 9 out of 10. All the free updates that will come out could actually ascend this title to a 10 out of 10. Expand
  36. Sep 16, 2011
    Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad attempts to take players into the title battle as much as possible. The atmosphere is fantastic. Between Sam Hulick's authentic vibe (also did the music for ME1 & ME2) and the very sounds of war -- screaming, crying, it's all there -- TWI did very well. The only thing that is really lacking at this stage, are bugs and slight balance issues. Once theseRed Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad attempts to take players into the title battle as much as possible. The atmosphere is fantastic. Between Sam Hulick's authentic vibe (also did the music for ME1 & ME2) and the very sounds of war -- screaming, crying, it's all there -- TWI did very well. The only thing that is really lacking at this stage, are bugs and slight balance issues. Once these have been ironed out, Red Orchestra 2 will be what everyone has been expecting. Expand
  37. Sep 15, 2011
    Haters be haters, this game is awesome, my rig plays it on all max settings, loving every second.

Yeah there are some bugs but Tripwire as usual has been quick to stomp on them.

Played RO since the mod days and worked on the DH mod for RO:OST.
  38. Sep 17, 2011
    Very impressive game from a small indie studio. Tripwire is one of the last true PC developers and while the game at release crashes from time to time there is little gameplay bugs and most will be fixed within the next few days. If you enjoy WW2 shooters you have to get this game, even if the semi realistic gameplay may scare you, this isnt ARMA theres a great balance between fun andVery impressive game from a small indie studio. Tripwire is one of the last true PC developers and while the game at release crashes from time to time there is little gameplay bugs and most will be fixed within the next few days. If you enjoy WW2 shooters you have to get this game, even if the semi realistic gameplay may scare you, this isnt ARMA theres a great balance between fun and realism, and with 2 mods sponsored by Tripwire coming out soon (ones Rising Storm a pacific era total conversion) you really get a lot of value out of this game. If you are new to the genre dont worry! The community is more then helpful! Expand
  39. Sep 17, 2011
    I love the game, and that is the reason why I even registered to metacritic. The graphics looks good enough, gameplay is excellent and atmosphere phenomenal. I love how much the game punishes you if you tray to play the game arcade-style - spraying and praying won't get you very far. The learning curve is tough, and that's how I like it. You really have to know what you're doing if youI love the game, and that is the reason why I even registered to metacritic. The graphics looks good enough, gameplay is excellent and atmosphere phenomenal. I love how much the game punishes you if you tray to play the game arcade-style - spraying and praying won't get you very far. The learning curve is tough, and that's how I like it. You really have to know what you're doing if you want to be good.

The game is too bugged so I can't give a full ten to this, but I can't wait how this game will turn out in future. And I thought WWII was old news... bah!
  40. Sep 20, 2011
    I don't know about others, but most of the bugs and issues I had were fixed within the first week. Personally I could not give less of a crap about bugs when I know the devs support their game, and Tripwire has a reputation of doing so. I'm going to review the game, and not the release. . . I'm new to the series, but being completely bored of the mindless console port BS that mostI don't know about others, but most of the bugs and issues I had were fixed within the first week. Personally I could not give less of a crap about bugs when I know the devs support their game, and Tripwire has a reputation of doing so. I'm going to review the game, and not the release. . . I'm new to the series, but being completely bored of the mindless console port BS that most shooters are now days, I gave this game a shot. This game is delightfully and refreshingly hard! No running and gunning here. You have to go slow, keep your head down and work with your team. The lack of floating names above people, the cover system, the bolt action rifles, the iron sights, the way you freak out when getting shot at, adds a learning curve (and immersion) that I think is missing from most other shooters. First couple sessions were frustrating while getting used to the feel of the game and the mechanics, I'll happily admit that. However I kept at it for a while, and I'm really enjoying it now! Not a game for the majority, but I'm really glad I went down the FPS path less traveled. If you aren't a S--- talking xbox live kiddie, you might like to join me. Expand
  41. Sep 22, 2011
    RO2 is overall a great game. There are some bugs and performance issues but this is expected for a new game from a small development team. These issues will be sorted out in future patches so for now they should be ignored. The aspect I don't like is the reloading. The automatic reloading sucks from the feel of the game. In RO1 there was nothing better than shooting someone in theRO2 is overall a great game. There are some bugs and performance issues but this is expected for a new game from a small development team. These issues will be sorted out in future patches so for now they should be ignored. The aspect I don't like is the reloading. The automatic reloading sucks from the feel of the game. In RO1 there was nothing better than shooting someone in the head with a rifle and then choosing when to prepare it for the next shot. The guns also reload when ammo is depleted which I don't like either. All in all I am happy with the outcome especially when the promised japan add on comes out. Expand
  42. Sep 26, 2011
    The game is supposed to be a squad-based first person shooter with emphasis on realism, however, it rather plays like a sniper type of game where everybody mills about on their own without regards to teamplay. The small FOV, zooming and the way weapons and iron sights cover much of your screen makes close quarters combat a very chaotic affair, leaving sniping from a distance the mostThe game is supposed to be a squad-based first person shooter with emphasis on realism, however, it rather plays like a sniper type of game where everybody mills about on their own without regards to teamplay. The small FOV, zooming and the way weapons and iron sights cover much of your screen makes close quarters combat a very chaotic affair, leaving sniping from a distance the most viable option most of the time. Machineguns are as useless as they were in the previous Red Orchestra game. In short, weapons are modelled realistically, but their application is not. Soldiers move around way too fast and erratic, and the game pace is more like a traditional FPS than a realistic wargame. In addition, the gameplay itself is very chaotic and it is difficult to judge exactly what is going on, who is attacking where, where the enemy is etc. The game seems to be designed to please both the realism-oriented crowd and traditional FPS-players, with gameplay and pace pleasing the latter and the weapons modelling pleasing the former. Perhaps that is the game's weakness: it tries to be two things at the same time. Despite all of this, I've had some very memorable moments with the game so far, particularly when the teamplay has worked out. There is also no other FPS out there that even tries to model WWII squad-based warfare to this degree AFAIK, so if you like the concept, that alone would be a good reason to give this one a try. Expand
  43. Oct 3, 2011
    I can deal with the bugs and endless hardware issues, because I know it can be solved.......Eventually.
    What I can not deal with, however, is the absolute disregard for what made RO popular in the first place.
    TWI have admitted they ARE trying to make a game more accessible, the reason being money, of course. But in the process of trying to make this game "More accessible" they've in fact made it f***ing terrible.
    Why?
    Well, there is nothing for the Cod and BF crowed here that Cod or Bf doesn't do better. And there is nothing for the old crowed that Project Reality or Arma doesn't do better. Ro2 is neither hardcore or arcade, it's neither, it is a jelly fish floating aimlessly in-between. The hardcore fans hate it because it's to arcade. And the arcade fans hate it because it's just a rubbish attempt at trying to be arcade. Ro2 is simply put, a disaster. The core dynamics of the game play contradict each other. Weapons are accurate out to infinite ranges, even if you are suppressed and/or have just sprinted 300 meters. Many a time I have pinned down a rifleman at short ranges with an MG only to have him quickly pop up and one shot me on the face. This leads me back to the point of Ro2 not being hardcore or arcade, they haven't tried to make the game either of the two, they've simply just put the game play features into one game. And it doesn't work AT ALL.
    The only thing from Ro1 that is still good in Ro2 is the name of the game. Nothing else. The large open maps from Ro1 we all came to love are gone, now, you are left with the same CQC urban cod fests, and it's pathetic. The sounds is terrible, rifles sound like pop guns and arty soungd like fire works, you can actually hear your own footsteps and breathing over and arty barrage. The graphics are meh, but who cares about them. Sorry TWI. This game is absolutely hopeless, I will wait for the modders to make something good out of it. Until then, enjoy your ruined credibility and learn from your mistakes. In the process of trying to make new fans, you lost all your old ones. Hope it was worth it.
  44. Oct 12, 2011
    Horrible performance, horrible hit detection, horrible ping, no positional sound...and it's not by any definition realistic. Just a cumbersome and clunky interface that makes it a pain in the ass to play. The only positive I have to say about this game is that the maps are very well done. 3 points for that.
  45. Oct 20, 2011
    The game runs like complete garbage. I have a fairly up-to-date computer, and on any setting low to high, I get a large and dramatic drop to my fps. I even purchased a new video card, and I saw little improvement. The game is fun, but the performance issues make it nearly unplayable for all but the most patient and resolute gamer. Unless the performance issue is fixed (I suspect it won'tThe game runs like complete garbage. I have a fairly up-to-date computer, and on any setting low to high, I get a large and dramatic drop to my fps. I even purchased a new video card, and I saw little improvement. The game is fun, but the performance issues make it nearly unplayable for all but the most patient and resolute gamer. Unless the performance issue is fixed (I suspect it won't be), Tripwire will never get my money again. In fact, I wish I could get my 30 dollars back. I could have put it towards a game that actually runs like it's suppose to (Battlefield 3 here I come). Expand
  46. Oct 22, 2011
    i found this game to be buggy,poor visuals and in my thoughts non realistic which would be fine since it's a game but with all the touting of the game I expected just o.k. then lets get to single player/major fail/multi player you can see and shoot through walls and they did and laughed as they kept doing updates no matter what my stats and advances never took. even now My stats do noti found this game to be buggy,poor visuals and in my thoughts non realistic which would be fine since it's a game but with all the touting of the game I expected just o.k. then lets get to single player/major fail/multi player you can see and shoot through walls and they did and laughed as they kept doing updates no matter what my stats and advances never took. even now My stats do not increase I have to put this into the category of waste of money and ive only done that with this game and a sniper game and I own over 200 games. I even fond useless games for their price worth it just to try it but this game is messed up and the game just is not for avid gamers in my opinion Expand
  47. May 28, 2012
    new improvements made this game very good. now it works in my computer. There is no any bugs or anything and it doesn't lag anymore. new game mode action is very good for people who like more actioned game play. Realism mode has made even more realistic more weapon damage, suppression effect is increased, if player get shooted to the leg he stop sprinting and much more.
    Best thing in new
    Best thing in new ''patch'' is that the graphics and sound details are much better.
  48. May 25, 2012
    Really dissapointed with this game.

People in the community think that when we criticise this game is cause we are COD or Battlefield players which in my case is completely wrong. I come from Wolfentein: Enemy Territory series and I was looking for a game that made me had fun, trailers looked promising but after playing there's only one conclusion: This game is just boring as hell.
    Really dissapointed with this game.

This game is just boring as hell. Whether you are skilled or not it doesn't matter, most time of the map you will spend it just running around to get killed by a random guy camping or a bot (not much human players either, nothing strange either)

Graphics are nice, not outstanding but correct, atmosphere is good too. These is the only reason why I give it 2 points.

However, gameplay is incredibly boring, doesn't matter if you play the "action" mode or the "classic" mode, in both cases you will end up doing the same, running or dying or camping waiting to kill one or two enemies in 15 mins.

The maps are just too big and badly created, there are no short distance fights, just enormous buildings to walk around, sniper fights and boring boring walking.

Some blame the relase at beta stage as the main reason why this game was not succesful but this is wrong, just a few bugs and glitches would have ketp a big community waiting for the patches.

This game is just not fun to play and thats why the game dies day by day and the community gets smaller.

This game with the atmosphere had all the ingredientes to be an awesome arcade action game, sadly another WWII game to forgett.

Making a "realistic style" game as the fans claim doesnt mean making a boring game.

Developers should learn a bit from old action games. If there are only tanks and basicly infrantry fights... make action available in the game, it just feels so slow you sometimes forget you are supposed to be in a war inside the game.

As I said, really dissapointed with this game.
  49. Apr 4, 2013
    A game splendidly made, easy to play, intense, realistic, with numerous tactical possibilities, wide maps, lots of weapons. Every little detail contributes to make you spend a great FPS moment. You'll never want to play a "call of duty" or "Battlefield" ever again after playing RO2. And all of this for a reasonable price and lots of free DLCs coming soon.
  50. Sep 30, 2011
    Highly recommended product for a real players who are looking more . Games requires to use brain and some skll in shotting. After few patches game play is much better. Of course there is still patching needed but now its a pleasure to play :)
  51. Oct 7, 2011
    I played and loved the original red orchestra but RO2 made me feel like I was back in 2001: the graphics and more importantly the UI are abysmal. The devs should really work the on the server browser and the team selection before this can be enjoyable to play.
  52. Oct 5, 2011
    Red Orchestra 2 probably deserves more then it gains every time someone weighs the pro's and cons. Personally I feel that it's the few last refuge for the realism lovers on PC(like me). Whether the genre is to whither and die, in the hurricane of change and stagnation or rise and shine and become more popular then ever before remains to be seen. This being finally a AAA game means thatRed Orchestra 2 probably deserves more then it gains every time someone weighs the pro's and cons. Personally I feel that it's the few last refuge for the realism lovers on PC(like me). Whether the genre is to whither and die, in the hurricane of change and stagnation or rise and shine and become more popular then ever before remains to be seen. This being finally a AAA game means that Tripwire has a chance right now at this very moment to establish itself firmly, and guarantee a fun experience blending arcade and realism, without anything too boring. This genre is my favorite and I cannot deny it. If you like these kinds of games just buy the game. But be prepared for bugs, yet fear not! Tripwire works hard to iron them out. Expand
  53. Sep 27, 2012
    First thing is first. RO2 is not your typical FPS. It is not a clone of other FPS games but rather its own action/adventure which will leave you wanting to snipe off that last Nazi or Soviet. That being stated, RO2 has plenty of problems in terms of bugs, single player campaign, and overall stability at times. Don't expect the single player campaign to enthrall you and make you replayFirst thing is first. RO2 is not your typical FPS. It is not a clone of other FPS games but rather its own action/adventure which will leave you wanting to snipe off that last Nazi or Soviet. That being stated, RO2 has plenty of problems in terms of bugs, single player campaign, and overall stability at times. Don't expect the single player campaign to enthrall you and make you replay over and over. It is the least memorable part of the game. So where does this game shine? It shines in its multiplayer atmosphere. Unlike other FPS games, teams must work together to take objectives or take out their opponent. Keeping in mind that the game is about realism is key to survival. A run-and-gun game seen in other FPS games will only get you killed faster in RO2. In short, I recommend this game to fans of real FPS games and are sick of the yearly cardboard cut out from other companies. However, keep in mind that there might be a huge learning curve depending on your skill level and that bugs are to be expected. However, once use to the game mechanics and style, you'll quickly fall in love with this forgotten gem. Expand
  54. Sep 14, 2011
    While Red Orchestra 2 is a relatively fun game, horrible tutorials, stupid AI and a repetitive trainer may be a put off for some Singleplayer fans. Generally, the guns seem balanced and no one faction severely overpowers the other.
  55. Sep 15, 2011
    I would not take any of the extreme reviews on each side seriously. Those who give 10's obviously don't set the bar high and are obviously too hyped about this game or have never played anything good. Those who give 1's are just complaining about perfection and want world peace.

The game is buggy. It has crashed several times on me, and kept Steam (arghh... Steam) crashing alongside. However, this happened never during actual gameplay. Sometimes the servers do not refresh and you have to exit the game. The performance on my high end setup runs great on high, a bit stuttery on ultra even though I can run most games on highest with no problems. This one is a bit of a wild card in terms of performance. The graphics, while a lot of people say...suck, are not terrible at all. It's not a great looking game by any means, but a decent looking game it is. Reminds me of Brothers In Arms: Hells Highway mixed with COD2 and BF2. Single player does look better than MP for sure. Speaking of SP, not much to say about it. It's plain. Uninspiring. Typical. Dead A.I. pretty much sums it up.
    Multiplayer is why you most likely got this game. And it's different. For those who never played Red Orchestra this is going to be a tough pill to swallow if you're used to Modern Warfare. The game is very tactical, brutal, and punishing. It's also rewarding. The weapons do plenty of damage, even though I question some of the recoil from semi-automatic rifles and assault weapons. It's pretty much one shot kill. The maps are large and with plenty of buildings and rooms to go into, but fall flat in design and character. They feel like they were made by modders not something that was shipped on shelves. But the gameplay is rock solid if a little buggy. Some adjustment to sensitivity and you are all set. It's a fun game when you enter a lag free server. Do find those, trust me. I love how when you crouch behind cover you don't have to stand up to aim. You just aim and you'll automatically pop up a little bit. Or you can use the cover system. It's a great choice. I also love how easy it is to strafe, and the animation is great from your perspective ... not so much from others. Overall give this game a buy if you like a more difficult, rewarding FPS that is pure PC. It does have bugs, and it's not perfect, nor the prettiest, but if you like the first one of more of a COD4 style S&D gameplay, this is a solid buy, bugs and everything. Just don't expect it to blow you away.

Solid 7.5 out of 10.
  56. Sep 15, 2011
    The wait was definitively worth it on this one, It's beautiful! The graphics are photo realistic and bring back the true grit of war rather than bad company and black ops with their shiny textures, The gameplay is brilliant, It's brought unlockables into it but fairly, instead of starting off with a bad gun and unlocking better ones along the line you start off with a gun and can unlockThe wait was definitively worth it on this one, It's beautiful! The graphics are photo realistic and bring back the true grit of war rather than bad company and black ops with their shiny textures, The gameplay is brilliant, It's brought unlockables into it but fairly, instead of starting off with a bad gun and unlocking better ones along the line you start off with a gun and can unlock other weapons that around the same stats, unlock things like bayonets and such, The maps are brilliant and improved from the first one and the melee system actually works now! :D

Haters go back to Team fortress, because daddy's home!
  57. Sep 15, 2011
    Hmm... giving this game a score between 0 and 3 is an inexcusable insult to the developers who made this incredible game. Think it through before posting such venomous reviews guys and gals . At his point, the game isn't perfect, it has bugs, but the gameplay simply can't compare to anything else on the market (except the original Red Orchestra, which was awesome :D). If anything, it'sHmm... giving this game a score between 0 and 3 is an inexcusable insult to the developers who made this incredible game. Think it through before posting such venomous reviews guys and gals . At his point, the game isn't perfect, it has bugs, but the gameplay simply can't compare to anything else on the market (except the original Red Orchestra, which was awesome :D). If anything, it's more approachable than the first game, despite being more complex (an achievement!), but the core gameplay remains the same: stay low, be keenly aware of your surroundings, and know when to rush and when to bunker up being solid cover.

This game is not easy, but the raw satisfaction of knowing that every weapon in the game can kill you with a well placed shot makes it "fair" for everyone: yes, a semi-auto rifle is "superior" to a bolt-action rifle, but if you learn how to shoot straight, you won't feel outgunned. There's enormous potential for self-improvement in this game, and it's multidimensional: it doesn't only involve getting kills.

A solid 9/10, despite some unavoidable bugs.

(NOTE: During the two weeks beta, the game was patched 3-5 times, and -a lot- of bugs were squashed. Plus, TWI has an excellent reputation of supporting their games (with free DLCs to boot!). so yeah, if you're hesitant you could wait... or since there's a practically limitless potential for self-improvement, you just might as well get it now ;) It's -very- playable, and loads of gritty fun. I'll be playing this for a long time to come).
  58. Sep 15, 2011
    How so many people can give this game 10/10 only continues to reinforce the disdain with which I view metacritic user reviews (ironic in light of the medium but meh). The game is bugged in some really noticable ways atm, from server lists not populating and stats / unlocks not updating / unlocking to the occasional freeze / spawning underground and CTD. I appreciate that TripwireHow so many people can give this game 10/10 only continues to reinforce the disdain with which I view metacritic user reviews (ironic in light of the medium but meh). The game is bugged in some really noticable ways atm, from server lists not populating and stats / unlocks not updating / unlocking to the occasional freeze / spawning underground and CTD. I appreciate that Tripwire apparently has a history of good patching but since when has it been acceptable to release a game with the argument that "It's okay, we'll patch the bugs later". As it is I wish they'd used the time in beta more productively and delayed the launch until the game was in a more polished state. The game itself when I have gotten to play it? Seemed ok. Nothing amazing, certainly nothing worthy of a 10/10 mark. I mean, I had fun an' all. Just that the current state of the game is holding me back from returning for another month or two, at which point, well, there's plenty of other incoming releases I'd rather spend my time on. Expand
  59. Sep 15, 2011
    Best FPS i have ever played.. Not for the weak at heart, this is a hardcore experience for true PC gamers to enjoy! Most bugs will be patched out in the next week or two.
  60. Sep 15, 2011
    This is by far the best first person shooter out there. Never before has there been a first person shooter so detailed, I mean: you can even change between the scope or iron sights while sniping, so you aren't stuck with the typical issue in games while playing as a sniper profession where you cannot effectively take out targets close range. I enjoyed how the mechanics worked in the singleThis is by far the best first person shooter out there. Never before has there been a first person shooter so detailed, I mean: you can even change between the scope or iron sights while sniping, so you aren't stuck with the typical issue in games while playing as a sniper profession where you cannot effectively take out targets close range. I enjoyed how the mechanics worked in the single player campaign. The mechanics, without giving anything away, allow for full immersion into the perspective of a soldier, where: you are terrified, you are going to think tactically, and you are going to struggle to capture a location. Tripwire also did a wonderful job with making the game only cost around $30 if you already owned Red Orchestra 1 in the pre-order, and then $40 as the normal game's cost. The polygon counts are high, the game is beautiful, the combat features are vast and plentiful, the game has girth to it that every other FPS seems to lack. Expand
  61. Sep 18, 2011
    I've rated the game based on roughly 2 hours of game play, and not playing multi-player mode. The game is good, but at the same time you kinda see things that you would want to improve. I enjoy the realism aspect of the game a lot; the taking cover almost anywhere as well as the look of the maps and player models. On the other hand, I think the actual game play could have used a bitI've rated the game based on roughly 2 hours of game play, and not playing multi-player mode. The game is good, but at the same time you kinda see things that you would want to improve. I enjoy the realism aspect of the game a lot; the taking cover almost anywhere as well as the look of the maps and player models. On the other hand, I think the actual game play could have used a bit more work. I thought the enemy forces in the single player mode was pretty small, and I dont think the game pushes the envelope, as I think all new games should be trying to be better than what is considered the best.

My initial rating would have been a 9, but the Multi-Player mode would not load servers for me, and when they did, I couldn't connect to any of them, so I was unable to see how it played with other actual people, and seen how, if any, the game lagged. Overall, I'm happy with the purchase and would recommend it.
  62. Sep 19, 2011
    Not for the faint at heart. Steep learning curve, but if realism and the horrors of war are your cup of tea, then HoS is a game for you. I stay with one map until I feel I have mastered the nooks and carnies of all the best hiding places. This game will last me for a long time without gamer burnout. Outstanding job TripWire. Can't wait for new material to be included.
  63. Sep 19, 2011
    This is one hell of a game - the game I have been waiting for! 9 instead of 10 because there are some bugs. The best multi-player game experiences yet with this title.
  64. Sep 22, 2011
    1 and a half weeks after being released and there has already been 1Gb of patches, that is what I call customer service. Though it is true that it was a little unplayable on release day, by now almost all of the bugs (for me at least) are gone. I still hear of others having them, but it has really smoothed out and the speed of this refinement is quite impressive, making me like the1 and a half weeks after being released and there has already been 1Gb of patches, that is what I call customer service. Though it is true that it was a little unplayable on release day, by now almost all of the bugs (for me at least) are gone. I still hear of others having them, but it has really smoothed out and the speed of this refinement is quite impressive, making me like the developers even more. On the merits of the game, it is indeed a niche game. If you think COD is in anyway even representative of how a battlefield should look like, don't even bother. But if you want to experience the terror of bullets whizzing by and the fear that the next one may kill you or it could pass by and you live on, then this game is for you. This feeling of being in the soldier's head is highly rewarding and adds a new level to the game. The gameplay itself does have its downsides as it can be extremely frustrating to charge across the battlefield only to get picked off by one shot. Or to be stalking a man in your sights for 5 minutes, only to have him find you and pick you off at 200m. This, though frustrating, is what makes the game great, as it gives an excellent feel for realism (of course it's still a video game) and it makes actually getting a kill that much more rewarding.

The graphics aren't too impressive, if you crank them up to high (they start on low) it looks okay, but that's really not what this game is about, it is about intense gameplay, not thrilling graphics and killer action.

The controls are pretty standard, though it is noticeable how usable the mounted weapons as they act freely with the environment, letting you move around and change positions without having to unmount then remount. Instead your character just drags his gun into position, remounting when you're in the right spot. Though this sounds trivial, it makes using machine guns much easier and is of course more realistic as firing a light machine from the shoulder or the hip is extremely hard. There are so many other little things that give this game so much depth. Some other examples are the 3D sniper scopes, the actually usable cover system, the having to climb to different positions in a tank to replace a dead man, and much, much more.

So, in summary, if you want a soft, easy game to play, this probably isn't it. However, if you have any interest in WWII history and want to feel a more realistic FPS, then you perfectly fit the niche for this superb, though still slightly bugged game.
  65. Sep 23, 2011
    World War II. Here we are again.
    Tripwire Interactive brings new life into the WWII based games, making an huge, raw rappresentation of online based Stalingrad area battles between Axis and the Red Army. And does it well. Very well.
    World War II. Here we are again.

Despite a lot of bugs and the non-working-stats of the first days -now fixed with a lot of patches via steam- the game brings the Unreal Engine 3 eyecandy graphics, awesome warzone sounds and a real ballistcs calculation for each weapons, making it a non-missing WWII simultations for all fans. Tripwire Interactive work result extraordinary.

And all of this for a reasonable price and lots of free DLCs coming soon.
  66. Sep 23, 2011
    Flawless realism and authentic accuracy. The difficulty is substantial and provides a real challenge. There are some bugs, but my computer runs this game just fine. Also, Tripwire is known for releasing patches and adding new content for years after release. Killing floor is still getting updated on a regular basis and it is like 4 years old.

Also, I can't wait to play the mods once

Also, I can't wait to play the mods once they come out.
  67. Sep 24, 2011
    Honestly. This game has entered into the part of the gaming market which most games dare not venture into. Red Orchestra 2 has indeed, gone to the level of the Battlefield and Call of Duty brands. It might have even destroyed the unparalleled realism of Battlefield 3, being released earlier by a few months. Other than the few glitches and bugs in the A.I., RO2 has introduced us to thisHonestly. This game has entered into the part of the gaming market which most games dare not venture into. Red Orchestra 2 has indeed, gone to the level of the Battlefield and Call of Duty brands. It might have even destroyed the unparalleled realism of Battlefield 3, being released earlier by a few months. Other than the few glitches and bugs in the A.I., RO2 has introduced us to this deadly page in human history with realism and graphics of no other game before. I have enjoyed the few hours of the single-player. And the multi-player is surely a 100x better.

On seeing the rating this game took, I was shocked as a 76/100 on steam for a game of such engineering deserves a hell'of'a'lot more. The main complaints such as the bugs/glitches can be easily fixed with patches, as we saw with Empire: Total War.

At the end of the day, RO2 is an amazing game. Try it and you'll understand. Oh and make sure the volume is turned on!
  68. Sep 27, 2011
    Sorry but this one of the worst games I've played in a long time. If it doesn't crash, lock up, or lag, then you're stuck with "elite" campers or spray-n-pray lone gunners. I seriously wasted 40.00 on this crap which, when you get tired of the multi player garbage, offers nothing more than a useless single player "campaign" which just consists of useless bots which TWI stated would NOTSorry but this one of the worst games I've played in a long time. If it doesn't crash, lock up, or lag, then you're stuck with "elite" campers or spray-n-pray lone gunners. I seriously wasted 40.00 on this crap which, when you get tired of the multi player garbage, offers nothing more than a useless single player "campaign" which just consists of useless bots which TWI stated would NOT make up the single player portion of this game. I've never seen a more horrid use of AI than RO2 "offers". Tripwire tripped up on this one, I won't be trusting any more of their interviews, previews, or reviews ever again since they have a problem delivering what they promise. Expand
  69. Oct 2, 2011
    This game is very different to most military based FPS. The most glaring difference is definitely the level of realism and suspension of belief. For example in COD you will get a bit of a feel for the atmosphere of the game but RO2 really puts you in the fray. This game instills a level of fear and panic and really captures the vibe of the german-russian battles were both sides wereThis game is very different to most military based FPS. The most glaring difference is definitely the level of realism and suspension of belief. For example in COD you will get a bit of a feel for the atmosphere of the game but RO2 really puts you in the fray. This game instills a level of fear and panic and really captures the vibe of the german-russian battles were both sides were desperate. Unlike other shooters your not some unstoppable killing machine, you are just a scared solider caught up in a war much bigger than anything ever before it. You will die in 1 bullet most of the time and you will die often, you will be anxious. Its brilliant! Expand
  70. Sep 29, 2011
    This is a great game. It is not your average FPS! It does require some patience to get used to the type of gameplay it provides, but once you get the hang of it the game will give you a great experience. I pre-ordered this game a few weeks before release and experienced its rocky start. There were lots of bugs and performance issues that have basically all been resloved. The one issueThis is a great game. It is not your average FPS! It does require some patience to get used to the type of gameplay it provides, but once you get the hang of it the game will give you a great experience. I pre-ordered this game a few weeks before release and experienced its rocky start. There were lots of bugs and performance issues that have basically all been resloved. The one issue i have still is the stats system is still broken. The game has been out for about 3 weeks now and it seems Tripwire has stopped the stats from going crazy... as in the stats aren't jumping all over the place. The problem is the stats are still wrong... which means I can't track my progress and worst of all I can't unlock new guns! I have faith in Tripwire to remedy this issue!!! I just wish they would do it sooner. SO OVERALL AN EXCELLENT GAME AND WELL WORTH THE MONEY SPENT. I can't wait for some user created content! Expand
  71. Sep 30, 2011
    RO2 is going to divide opinion.

It's a game that tries something different in a saturated market. It tries to give you realism without forsaking fun. It tries to give you tension and immersion. It tries to make you realise the horror of War. For me, it succeeds in all these things. The reason it will divide opinion, and when I say divide, I mean Black and white. There are no shades of
    RO2 is going to divide opinion.

The reason it will divide opinion, and when I say divide, I mean Black and white. There are no shades of grey here. The reason is expectation. Those unfamiliar with the RO franchise who may pick this game up I can guarantee whether you will like this or not based on expectation.

If you want an online shooter to just be about getting one over on a fellow human being. This is not for you.

If you want an Online shooter to be about the K/D ratio and bragging rights. This is not for you.

If you want an online shooter that offers you everything without participating in a team environment. This is not for you.

What RO2 does have is tense team-based gameplay (In so far as you are more likely to succeed as a team player) Incredible immersion where you actually feel thrilled to get the kill instead of it being another stat. It plays at a slower more realistic pace than most FPS games and actually involves a lot of skill in your chosen role. It is tense, heightens the senses, and is just so refreshing from the over bearing forces of modern FPS games. When you kill an opponent, capture an area, push back an assault, or just simply stay alive in the face of adversity. You really feel like you have achieved something. Not many games make you feel this way.

It drags you into its darkness and holds you fast to the horror of warfare. Quite an achievement for an online shooter. You fancy some of that immersion? Get the game. Learn it. Play it the way War is faught, and you will not regret it.
  72. Oct 2, 2013
    The game was released a full year before it was ready.

You cant exit vehicles, and you spawn inside of them unlike the first game. Bug ridden mess and a unbalanced cash grab with overpowered guns. Only 2 new maps 2 years after release compared to RO1 which had a dozen new maps. No new vehicles or weapons added since release. You cant detach bayonet like the original. You level up
    The game was released a full year before it was ready.

You cant exit vehicles, and you spawn inside of them unlike the first game.

Bug ridden mess and a unbalanced cash grab with overpowered guns. Only 2 new maps 2 years after release compared to RO1 which had a dozen new maps. No new vehicles or weapons added since release. You cant detach bayonet like the original. You level up which increases your accuracy and resistance to suppresion effects. So much for hardcore realism. You use mouse to aim tank turret instead of keyboard. You use mouse to select voice commands instead of keyboard. Game only has handful of voice commands unlike the first game which had more than any other game ever made. Game is such a dissapointment. All the hardcore competitive players left after a few months. Game is full of noobs who level up against bots.

This game is the very definition of selling out and making a blatent cash grab. I will never buy another tripwire product again.
  73. Oct 18, 2011
    decent game if you like running around with crappy camera control and dying constantly. I mean, the camera seems to be your head.. that means.. if you look to your left.. it wil from then feel like you're running sidewards with your head over your left shoulder, no longer seeing your gun, or having any control. DO NOT MAKE SUCH SUCKY MISTAKES! Seriously, keep the POV static, IF NOT,decent game if you like running around with crappy camera control and dying constantly. I mean, the camera seems to be your head.. that means.. if you look to your left.. it wil from then feel like you're running sidewards with your head over your left shoulder, no longer seeing your gun, or having any control. DO NOT MAKE SUCH SUCKY MISTAKES! Seriously, keep the POV static, IF NOT, atleast make it so that you can CONTROL the POV, and not so that it randomly places your head in a strange, usually doomed to fail position. This game can choke on a c###. Twice. Expand
  74. Oct 25, 2011
    One of the most bug ridden games iv played this year. I gave it time and its still pretty bad. Oh well maybe they will have a finished product for me in a year.
  75. Nov 14, 2011
    Innovative, fun and fresh. Really impressed with RO2, I'm glad to see there are developers still out there who step away from the generic "run and gun" fps model. RO2 takes skill and rewards you for that. There's a steep learning curve but it pays off in the end. Tripwire has already announced a free expansion pack and with their reputation, there will be a lot more free content to come.
  76. Nov 17, 2011
    A lot of these reviews were from release day bugs. Most the problems are fixed now. The game is a highly realistic WWII FPS, and I love it. I bought exactly what I paid for. Plus, free DLC? Come on, what's not to love? Imagine if COD did that for you. It's brutal, and unforgiving. But oh so satisfying.
  77. Dec 31, 2011
    Rec Orchestra 2 Is a good game ... it is realistic in compare of other games and it is nice to play . but there is some cons : it just cant run on average computers with a normal graphics - with bad graphics it is a bit hard to play . it's campaign is fun with every time new features but there is moments when you feel you play the same level ... at all this is a good game and i recommendRec Orchestra 2 Is a good game ... it is realistic in compare of other games and it is nice to play . but there is some cons : it just cant run on average computers with a normal graphics - with bad graphics it is a bit hard to play . it's campaign is fun with every time new features but there is moments when you feel you play the same level ... at all this is a good game and i recommend you to buy it if you have a good PC or you are a fan or Red Orchestra or you like all WW2 realistic games Expand
  78. Dec 29, 2011
    Red Orchestra 2 comes through. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a very immersive and accurate portrayal of WWII on the Russian front. I see many reviewers here complaining about the system, but in my experience, the only real reason to complain is because you just can't keep up with everyone else. There is not much of a learning curve in multiplayer, so if you quit easily, saveRed Orchestra 2 comes through. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a very immersive and accurate portrayal of WWII on the Russian front. I see many reviewers here complaining about the system, but in my experience, the only real reason to complain is because you just can't keep up with everyone else. There is not much of a learning curve in multiplayer, so if you quit easily, save your money, buy a CoD game. RO2 isn't a run and gun game. No, you can't run across a lot of open ground without being shot. No, you cant charge a tank with a single grenade and hope to make it back. Shoot from the hip and you'll probably miss. If you're looking for a realistic, but truly fun (and challenging) cooperative shooter, or just a reprise from all the smacktards and CoD **** pick this Title up. Expand
  79. Feb 10, 2012
    Noobs hate it and i just love their tears and endless butthurt because they get killed fast :D play COD if a realistic war game is too much for you! Yeah it had some problems at the beginning but they are mostly gone now!
  80. Mar 9, 2012
    Never let me down, COD game pace, BF rebirth of the way and RO complex operation, Basically, when you play the game would not go back to play RO41-45
  81. May 1, 2013
    I'm sorry but this is a pathetic excuse for a game.I am a huge fanatic of WW2 games and this is a disgrace to the sub-genre.I mean its not even bloody playable i got killed through concrete walls and at times i just randomly fall over and die.The multiplayer is just as big of a pile of as the campaign,when you're lucky enough to get into a game you either fall through the ground or getI'm sorry but this is a pathetic excuse for a game.I am a huge fanatic of WW2 games and this is a disgrace to the sub-genre.I mean its not even bloody playable i got killed through concrete walls and at times i just randomly fall over and die.The multiplayer is just as big of a pile of as the campaign,when you're lucky enough to get into a game you either fall through the ground or get disconnected. Expand
  82. May 26, 2012
    3 easy rules to follow when trying to figure out the true reviews for the game amongst all these opinions: 1) Never pay attention to a review that is 9 or 10 that starts with "...ignore the people below giving it a low score..." These are the reviews that should actually be ignored, as they are already biased, and therefore compromised against any sort of balanced review. 2) Look at3 easy rules to follow when trying to figure out the true reviews for the game amongst all these opinions: 1) Never pay attention to a review that is 9 or 10 that starts with "...ignore the people below giving it a low score..." These are the reviews that should actually be ignored, as they are already biased, and therefore compromised against any sort of balanced review. 2) Look at person's review history. Many of those who followed step 1 will not have any other reviews, or has a history of giving unusually high/unrealistic reviews. Companies use certain people to plant false review information as well. Discount these reviews at all costs. 3) Read every negative comment you find, and see how many of them complain about the same issues. This will also help you rule out whether it is game-breaking bugs, or simply a game that needs a high end machine Expand
  83. Jun 2, 2012
    Red Orchestra is what I call good try. Very good gameplay with more realism but seems unfinished. Very bad graphics with silly shooting and scoping. This game need just a little touch to be really good.
  84. Jun 2, 2012
    With the revision of RO: Heroes of Stalingrad to 3 modes; classic for those who prefer an experience of Ostfront, realism mode for those who prefer a newer vision of RO, and action mode for those who want a step in to RO gameplay-- Heroes of Stalingrad is now a complete game. Tripwire Interactive listened to both player and industry criticism, and responded by creating 2 entirely new modesWith the revision of RO: Heroes of Stalingrad to 3 modes; classic for those who prefer an experience of Ostfront, realism mode for those who prefer a newer vision of RO, and action mode for those who want a step in to RO gameplay-- Heroes of Stalingrad is now a complete game. Tripwire Interactive listened to both player and industry criticism, and responded by creating 2 entirely new modes of experiencing the game, the classic mode for Ostfront players, and the action mode for industry critics who believed the game to be inaccessible to casual players. Additionally, the vast majority of bugs in the game, which the community assisted in identifying, have been resolved. For the vast majority of players, the game is technically excellent. There is a control interface which players can manipulate a variety of graphic factors from a Low to Ultra setting. This allows players to manipulate the graphic template of the game to suit their particular processing speeds & allowances. Such visual effects (but not limited to) of artillery exploding, destructible surfaces, bullet cracks, and suppression effects-- are all amazing. As gameplay is concerned; Heroes of Stalingrad, similar to the first game in the Red Orchestra (RO) franchise, Red Orchestra: Ostfront, is a challenging, difficult game. It is a game where one bullet kills characters. It is a game where the character becomes tired, or suppressed by enemy gunfire, or despondent. It is a game where your weapon may sway, or that you need to brace your weapon for an accurate shot. It is a game where one minute, you may be assaulting a postion, and the next, running for your life away from it. It's a game where players use bayonets & rifle butts to kill each other in close combat, is not uncommon. There are many ways to play the game. There is a character progression system from Raw Recruit up to the Hero class, and there are many different specialties such as sniper marksmen, or squad leader, to progress as. Players become more proficient a number of attributes with progression. Success on the battlefield depends on one side or the other occupying objective areas, or 'cap zones', and characters who participate in team-oriented play by taking these 'cap zones' are rewarded with points used in their progression. Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad, is an intensely satisfying game experience. It's also a very demanding one. Heroes of Stalingrad is the best WWII tactical FPS on the market. To be a member of the Heroes of Stalingrad community is to be one of the Few & the Proud of the gaming elite. Expand
  85. Jun 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best game of the second world war, many people complain about bugs in single player but do not know that single player was made to train only ... Because the game is totally online. Another thing are the players with low-quality PC can not play the game and put blame on the manufacturer. Expand
  86. Jul 18, 2012
    Been playing since Sept 2011 there's still some bugs but nothing to worry about. TW listens on their forums and have put out many patches. Don't read any critics from a year ago. The game is great now! There will be a Japanese mod comming soon, it's being beta tested now, and a Vietnam. Don't compare it to BF3 or any COD, RO2 stands apart. It's well worth the money, and right now there's aBeen playing since Sept 2011 there's still some bugs but nothing to worry about. TW listens on their forums and have put out many patches. Don't read any critics from a year ago. The game is great now! There will be a Japanese mod comming soon, it's being beta tested now, and a Vietnam. Don't compare it to BF3 or any COD, RO2 stands apart. It's well worth the money, and right now there's a sale at less than 1/2 the original price! Expand
  87. Feb 15, 2013
    Ro2 is the shooter for you if you don´t like run n gun! Sure sometimes in a intense fight room to room such things happen, but not all the time like in CoD or BF! I don´t like it as much as I love Red Orchestra Ostfront and its modifications but it is a great game if youre in the right server with the right people theres nothing more funnier and satisfing! It has bugs and a lot of contentRo2 is the shooter for you if you don´t like run n gun! Sure sometimes in a intense fight room to room such things happen, but not all the time like in CoD or BF! I don´t like it as much as I love Red Orchestra Ostfront and its modifications but it is a great game if youre in the right server with the right people theres nothing more funnier and satisfing! It has bugs and a lot of content is still missing but looking at it evolving thru the community and steam workshop shows clearly how great it will be! The potential is just incredible! Expand
  88. Dec 17, 2012
    As I was a little let down with the limited teamwork in Battlefield 3, I started looking for a realistic game with more teamwork oriented gameplay. I noticed at the time that this game was on free-weekend on steam, and I decided to try it out. I have not had any experience in this series before and that is a shame. The graphics are not maybe as good but they are by no means bad either.As I was a little let down with the limited teamwork in Battlefield 3, I started looking for a realistic game with more teamwork oriented gameplay. I noticed at the time that this game was on free-weekend on steam, and I decided to try it out. I have not had any experience in this series before and that is a shame. The graphics are not maybe as good but they are by no means bad either. Gameplay is sometimes a little bit glitchy but I have not found it to be game breaking. Compared to other games, this game has the proper things a PC game should have. Dedicated servers, Ingame VOIP, Pretty easily made custom maps and I am really looking forward to a couple of mods, mostly Rising Storm and Karelian Front. This game has a totally different feel to me compared to other FPS games. It is really fun to play with friends and strangers alike. Due to some bugs I give this a 9, but the developers are listening to the community on this game. Expand
  89. Dec 31, 2012
    Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad is refreshing game in FPS genre, i absolutely love realism of this game. The setting is perfect because its set in World War II which i like to play games of because of history and the battles and setting usually is not made up by the developers
  90. Apr 6, 2013
    I tried it on the free week on steam.-_-. worst game ever in my library...There can only one sniper in each team, why? My grandmother throws bigger than these soldiers in the game
  91. Sep 19, 2011
    A long time RO1 player and a huge fan of the series, so had high expectations. It has some bugs, and it isn't perfect, but the game itself is excellent. Already announced FREE DLC to come. Also two mod teams already hard at work to bring the Pacific and Vietnam versions to life. The future for this game is as bright as ever.
  92. Sep 19, 2011
    It's a great game. Yeah, it had a buggy release but I can guarantee that Tripwire will fix almost everything. Plus, they will give us free content with future updates (maps, tanks, etc..) I rate it a 10 because I know when Tripwire is finished with it (they will support for a very long time) it will be amazing.
  93. Jul 21, 2012
    This game is the definition of a 7/10. It's a really good game, it just has trouble showing it. The graphics are improved but the environments seem sparse. They need more work. This does much to weaken the atmosphere. There is so much detail put into the gameplay, though, it's what I like most about the game. You can adjust your sights, hold your breath, switch sights on the fly -This game is the definition of a 7/10. It's a really good game, it just has trouble showing it. The graphics are improved but the environments seem sparse. They need more work. This does much to weaken the atmosphere. There is so much detail put into the gameplay, though, it's what I like most about the game. You can adjust your sights, hold your breath, switch sights on the fly - it's very well done. Unfortunately the game suffers from unnecessary limitations - for example, you can't opt to hold sights instead of toggle, and you can't turn off or in any way adjust the dreadful gun sway (your gun moves faster than the camera). It really brings down the score for me personally. Overall the game feels like it still needs work. But despite that, it's still impressive. A good value considering I got it on sale. Expand
  94. May 30, 2012
    The concept of HoS is awesome, creating a realistic WWII shooter. Thinking tactically instead of rushing straight towards the enemy is really great, which we saw in so many fps shooters before. I love to play it but there are some things that need to be enhanced. Small things but all together they lower the game to something it doesn't deserve.
    One of the most important things is
    One of the most important things is maneuverability. If u run towards a cover and quickly want to dive prone it happens that you get the message "cannot lay prone here" where there are no obstacles around you. If seconds count it can be really frustrating to stay standing in a crater and get directly shot. Another fact is that there is too much difference between the ability to look around with iron sights on or off. It feels sturdy and you'll die a lot trying to swiftly aim on an enemy after running cause without aiming in this game you're completely lost. Another thing is shooting out of cover. It happens you'll be in a trench trying to aim but if you stay crouched you see the top side of the trench, nicely made as you'll discover in detail but you want to see the enemy, so the only solution is to stand where not only your head is waving like a giant out of the trench "here I am" but your torso sticks out too. I mean why make a cover place where u can only stay behind or get shot, it should cover your aiming and not work against you.
    A great thing is the possibility of being a commander who has great responsibility. He can make the difference by laying artillery at good spots, asking for recon if none knows where fire is coming from and force re-spawn and has two smoke grenades which are probably the most important part of an attacking force. The downside of this great future is that it can be taken by players who play it for the first time. They do nothing, order nothing,... Why not couple the function to a certain level of experience in other classes such as squad leaders. They steadily learn the game with responsibility but not all. And if you want to kick them out of their role not one single dude reacts. Why? Cause every message, advertising for the server, joining of new players is all listed in white lines. You can't read it all in the heat of the fight so why not highlight certain important items in red? 2 seconds and it's gone and you can't vote on the same player twice. So there you are, play the entire game with a noob commander and the only shell you'll meet is one of the enemy.
    Great things why you should buy it? I have the feeling since playing Killing Floor that Tripwire listens to their customers and probably patch it further.
    The game is really adrenaline filled when you have a good team and you can be shot from every angle by snipers, artillery. The maps are so big you can easily outflank an enemy, lay up defences from flanks, cover your advance with smoke grenades, lure the enemy in a risky attack. Classes are well made with realistic guns, aaargh the reloading, and according sound. You have so many weapons per class that you'll need many hours to upgrade them, including yourself. The first games you play on any map is total chaos, you don't know where to run, what to do which makes the difference between an elite and a rookie very high. And the in game voices are priceless. Charge to your enemy while taunting with 32 other teammates will stay in your memory for a long time...Cheers
  95. Sep 24, 2011
    The game is a really good game and it has the feeling of being in the real battle of Stalingrad but my main concern was the amount of bugs that are in the game it was released way to early and is still full of bugs so until they fix most of them especially the crashing bugs that ruin the game I wouldn't go rushing into buying the game but it is still and great game though if you put theThe game is a really good game and it has the feeling of being in the real battle of Stalingrad but my main concern was the amount of bugs that are in the game it was released way to early and is still full of bugs so until they fix most of them especially the crashing bugs that ruin the game I wouldn't go rushing into buying the game but it is still and great game though if you put the bugs aside. Expand
  96. Dec 30, 2011
    I LOVE this game. It not like your ordinary shooter. I wish it was more popular, don't know why so little plays it. I'm having a BLAST! What more needs to be said?
  97. Sep 17, 2011
    Red Orchestra 2 is just the best WW2 game ever. epic graphics and amazing gameplay with a nice cover system and a lot of functions that made this game fantastic.
  98. Sep 22, 2011
    Now, with the newest updates the game runs smoothly without any problems and/or bugs. It's one of the most atmospheric FPS Shooter besides STALKER series.
    The singleplayer campaign it's not very shiny, but the multiplayer is absolutely stunning. The graphics are really good and well optimized as well as the sound which adds more points to the atmosphere.
  99. Sep 19, 2011
    I have to say despite all the negative reviews, that when you write a review on a game you don't base that review on the bugs or glitches but base it on the game itself, the gameplay, graphics and the visuals/audio etc. I'm seeing a lot of negative reviews based on a few bugs on release, before you judge something you have to test it fully - in this case by playing the game for a few hoursI have to say despite all the negative reviews, that when you write a review on a game you don't base that review on the bugs or glitches but base it on the game itself, the gameplay, graphics and the visuals/audio etc. I'm seeing a lot of negative reviews based on a few bugs on release, before you judge something you have to test it fully - in this case by playing the game for a few hours when it's fully working. Moving on, I have to say this game is a truly inspirational FPS and all big hitters out there should look up to this in terms of gameplay. The realism is incredible and they have really concentrated on detail, you are really immersed into the game, it really does feel like your in a WWII battle - this is easily one of the hottest games out there and I think it will attract more of a mature audience. It's really nice to see how Tripwire are thinking of us, PC gamers and have developed it purely off a PC format as oppose to console. Any WWII fans out there will really love this game and at a low price tag should not hesitate in buying this - this game is absolutely awesome :) 10/10 - 100%... BUY IT! Expand

1. Nov 27, 2011
    The basic fact is that Red Orchestra 2 spoils you. Playing any other shooter, especially one that claims to be realistic, after going through a few rounds in RO2 is bound to be a disappointment.
  2. Nov 22, 2011
    The multiplayer of Red Orchestra 2 offers various interesting debate points about the realistic online shooter breed: praised by many, played by few. Forgetting some bugs and the (hopefully) soon to be addressed performance hiccups, Red Orchestra 2 is definitely an entertaining product that, online-wise, will guarantee months of brutal fun.
    If you think both Battlefield and Call of Duty are too exaggerated and unrealistic, and feel Counter-Strike is too soft, Red Orchestra 2 might be the game for you. It doesn't appeal to us, though.