8.6

1. SebastianB
    Oct 30, 2007
    The best game ever!
  2. Aug 7, 2011
    The game is unique, providing combat in a video game unlike any other in a unique, highly sought after WWII environment. Its realistic, gritty, tactical, and requires great skill. not for those NEW to he FPS genre. if you want an intense gaming experience this WAS the game for you. but it always had a very small server community. despite this, red orchestra players like myself never letThe game is unique, providing combat in a video game unlike any other in a unique, highly sought after WWII environment. Its realistic, gritty, tactical, and requires great skill. not for those NEW to he FPS genre. if you want an intense gaming experience this WAS the game for you. but it always had a very small server community. despite this, red orchestra players like myself never let that stop them from thoroughly enjoying the game, with certain very good high population servers and clans/groups that kept the game alive and interesting. i give a lot of respect to tripwire, who even took the time to update the game a LOT after it game out. just goes to show dedication (and tripwire does it for ALL of their games, very well at that). there are only a few minor glitches and errors that arent even bothersome or inhibiting with bombs going off around you. and these glitches are few and far between. the game is immersive and a gem of an FPS. WWII buffs and realism junkies loved it. i say loved because with the NEW red orchestra: heroes of stalingrad coming out, the first game might become a little dated. i encourage you all however to buy the new one. tripwire is a very unique and talented game developer, and i encourage anyone who :loves WWII, loves FPS, loves realism, looking for a challenge/something new. to get it. although really i encourage any and everyone to check it out. im usually hesitant to dish out 50 bucks for a new game, but after playing the first RO, i have complete confidence that its worth the money and supports tripwire to make more games i love. Expand
  3. Aug 13, 2011
    I love that game. It's totally noob-unfriendly, just good players are fighting on large maps. You have to move very clever, lay down some suppression fire from your MG gunner, get close with your MP40 or StG44. Pick off enemy soldiers form distance with your bolt action rifle. Great game, but not suitable for many players. No kids running around with autofire weapons, no kill streak, noI love that game. It's totally noob-unfriendly, just good players are fighting on large maps. You have to move very clever, lay down some suppression fire from your MG gunner, get close with your MP40 or StG44. Pick off enemy soldiers form distance with your bolt action rifle. Great game, but not suitable for many players. No kids running around with autofire weapons, no kill streak, no "get-some-cover-after-a-hit-and-everything-is-fine". No, that game is totally different to all the games you have wasted your time until now. Expand
  4. Sep 13, 2011
    This game is a true masterpiece for the year it was released.
    This game is a true masterpiece for the year it was released.
    I have never played a game that has better atmosphere than Red Orchestra.This game just makes you feel as if you are a Russian/German soldier,not a guy sitting in front of a PC.You are constantly under artillery fire,shouting,seeing your brothers and friends die,your hands shake as you aim your gun,the bullets pass beside you,you can hear the enemy shouting and cursing,granades explode just near you,you run to cover as if you are running for your own life.

Second game is just about to release now,and I am still playing the first one.I don't think this game will ever get old,even when it is outdated.
  5. Dec 7, 2012
    This is not another generic shooter. Even today, despite the fact that i've played the game for many many hours, its still one of my favorite games, and it is better than RO2 in many ways. There is no generic features such as XP and perks. A game that really defines what gaming is: having a good time. Play this game as CoD and you're dead meat. Graphics isn't the best, but sound isThis is not another generic shooter. Even today, despite the fact that i've played the game for many many hours, its still one of my favorite games, and it is better than RO2 in many ways. There is no generic features such as XP and perks. A game that really defines what gaming is: having a good time. Play this game as CoD and you're dead meat. Graphics isn't the best, but sound is amazing, from the horrible death-screams on the battlefield to the deep, touching soundtrack. Wide open maps, long range combat, tank combat, close quarter combat - this game focus on realism and therefore skill, patience and planning is required to stay alive. Typical FPS behaviour often result in instant death.
    It is neither a simulation or a complete arcade game. Red Orchestra: Ostfront sits comfortable between the ArmA franchise and other FPS games.
  6. Jul 15, 2012
    Red Orchestra is a tough, fun game that really brings FPS to a whole new level of realism. Ballistics and graphics aren't perfect, but aren't too shabby for a six year old game. Although on easier difficulty levels the friendly AI are painfully un-reliable, the tough enemy AI, useful squad commands, wide range of weapons, and 1st person vehicle combat make Red Orchestra Ostfront 41-45 aRed Orchestra is a tough, fun game that really brings FPS to a whole new level of realism. Ballistics and graphics aren't perfect, but aren't too shabby for a six year old game. Although on easier difficulty levels the friendly AI are painfully un-reliable, the tough enemy AI, useful squad commands, wide range of weapons, and 1st person vehicle combat make Red Orchestra Ostfront 41-45 a highly recommended game in my book. Even if you don't like it, it's only $9.99 on Steam and comes with 2 free mods, so it is a good value. Expand
  7. AdamS.
    Jul 4, 2007
    It's really cool and really realistic game ;) theres only one "-" there are only russians and germans.
  8. Skylarflan
    Aug 6, 2006
    I dont even play cod2, or bf2 anymore! great game
  9. AnonymousMC
    Aug 8, 2006
    Best game ever. Its a WW2 simulation, SIMULATION! The graphics are awesome, some people never heard of settings (or a .cfg file) and the gameplay is the sweetest ever. Anyone who rates less than 9 wasn't born when Doom came out. Wait till you're old enough to appreciate a game before you rate it :-(
  10. ChristianS.
    Apr 8, 2007
    Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 is the most challenging and visual stunning WW2 FPS game to date. The bleak and dull colors set you in a world of war where your gaming skills will be set at it's limit. Forget crosshairs and steady aim, your smg will be all over the place if you decide Serious Sam is the best way to encounter your enemies. If you're looking for a game with a _huge_ Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 is the most challenging and visual stunning WW2 FPS game to date. The bleak and dull colors set you in a world of war where your gaming skills will be set at it's limit. Forget crosshairs and steady aim, your smg will be all over the place if you decide Serious Sam is the best way to encounter your enemies. If you're looking for a game with a _huge_ learning curve, plenty of room for tactics, realistic infantry and armored combat; Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 is easily the best and most rewarding WW2 FPS game. Expand
  11. h0bb1tBeurskens
    Aug 6, 2008
    I love playing WWII games, but when i saw this i was in love, the explosions, infantry classes, tank battle realism, artillery strike, sniper scope, bullets from MG 42 , bayonet, maps.. oh and did i mention the explosions? Al little details come together to make the most exciting WW2 game ever!
  12. TylerM.
    Oct 4, 2006
    Been playing RO since its first beta release back with ut2k3. If you want something other than your run of the mill spray and pray shooter try out RO. The level of detail and realism is amazing for a game. If you want to try out an intense, realistic and very immersive gaming experience, then go pick up a copy now. What are you waiting for?
  13. AnonymousMC
    Mar 26, 2006
    This game blows away COD2, DOD:S, and every other FPS that calls itself a *war* game. RO:O's kickass graphics (and yes, they are good - some people apparently don't know how to change their settings) and sound really immerse you in the war.

Overall, this is by far the most satisfying game I've played in years. It's challenging at first without the crosshair crutch and a 50 part HUD - but you soon don't miss those things. In fact, I HATE playing games with those now.
  14. FireBladeX
    Mar 30, 2006
    Perfect game!
  15. spitfire
    Apr 19, 2006
    The best WWII FPS game I have ever played, I hope new maps will come soon. Excelent Job!
  16. MattG.
    Apr 9, 2006
    this game is realidtic has great detail on the smallest things. the gameplay rules as it is challenging and not piss easy like cod2 or dod.
  17. EricS.
    May 19, 2006
    The feeling of being there is amazing. Really awesome game!
  18. JeffreyK.
    May 21, 2006
    The best WW2 sim i have ever played, and it still has potential to be so much more.
  19. JaniM.
    May 20, 2006
    Best War-Simulation i've ever played!
  20. Lucas
    May 6, 2006
    Great gameplay, best first person animations/models I've ever seen, excellent maps. The graphics are surprisingly well done for such an old engine. It features such subtle things that when you switch games, you realize that every game needs what RO has. The tank combat is amazing as well as the infantry combat. Reccommended to anyone mature enough to get the hang of this game.
  21. Dillweed
    May 6, 2006
    The multi player is great..Compared to COD 2 it blows the doors of of it and considering its a older engine that dosent help the COD2 cause either.
  22. Golf33
    May 7, 2006
    Not for everyone but if you are after intense, highly realistic ground combat then this is for you.
  23. Shape
    May 7, 2006
    Most realstic game ive ever played. Graphics could be improved, but i think when set on high are much better than Cod2.
  24. MarcO.
    Jun 7, 2006
    This game totally rocks. Although the AI for the bots is 1/10, the rest of the game is good. If your more of a CS kind of player and like acarde shooter kind of games this isn't the game for you. If you like realism & team work this is definately the game for you. Although it only has one game mode, Multi-player, the game is awesome. In this game, it is impossible to go alone and try This game totally rocks. Although the AI for the bots is 1/10, the rest of the game is good. If your more of a CS kind of player and like acarde shooter kind of games this isn't the game for you. If you like realism & team work this is definately the game for you. Although it only has one game mode, Multi-player, the game is awesome. In this game, it is impossible to go alone and try to be a hero. This requires a load of team work. Tanks also give it a boost in points. Since it's not based on the western front, which has been done 101 times, the game is unique. A Very good game. And the fact that you dont have a crosshair also gives it a boost in total realism. Expand
  25. PaulT.
    Jul 27, 2006
    Red Orchestra is a great game with wonderful graphics. Gameplay is very realistic but you must have patience and read the manual. If you play the game as intended you will have a great time with many great hours of enjoyment!
  26. JosephS.
    Aug 14, 2006
    As a World War II buff and someone who has enjoyed gaming/simulations since the IBM AT days, this is among the best computer games I have ever played. Ignore the critics about slow load times etc. The developer fixed these problems in July. Now all the maps are saved on your hard drive and they load fast. This game is very realistic and after some practice even an old guy like me can As a World War II buff and someone who has enjoyed gaming/simulations since the IBM AT days, this is among the best computer games I have ever played. Ignore the critics about slow load times etc. The developer fixed these problems in July. Now all the maps are saved on your hard drive and they load fast. This game is very realistic and after some practice even an old guy like me can score in the top 5 players. This game is to FPS what IL-2 was to combat flight sims. No arcade game, its a bit hard to learn but I never really tire of it. This game is about tactics teamwork (e.g. you have to resupply ammo to your machinegunners - hint: it scores you 5 points) and being smart in combat. You need to learn to use cover and actually aim to kill your opponents. Some of the new custom maps are just incredible now that they have opened up design to the user community. Tank battles are fun and realistic but I love playing infantry. Some of the most fun things are learning to shoot from the hip and using melee attack in close quarters urban combat; learning to call in artillery with devastating effect; or destroying a giant JSII or Tiger tank with your panzerfaust or satchel charge. Finally the recoil, aiming, sight view and sounds are extremely realistic. As a WW2 buff, I own (or owned) and have fired several of the rifles and pistols in the game and I can tell you its almost as fun as shooting the real thing. You have to account for bullet drop for long shots (and probably wind too). I bet the machine and submachine guns are equally realistic but have no firsthand experience. Finally, to really enjoy the game get a headset with a mic. It makes teamwork easier and the better sounds give you clues about potential dangers/ targets. You can hear the footsteps and heavy breathing of winded players nearby and hear the bullets and artillery pass by or over you. Other fun titles like Day of Defeat, Battlefield series, Counterstrike don't even come close to this title for lasting fun and realism. Go buy it - its the best $25 you'll ever spend. Expand
  27. ChrisM.
    Aug 26, 2006
    The Best FPS of all time, provides the perfect combination of realism and fun factor. those who enjoy the twitch type shooting of most other arcady First person shooters will dispise this game, everyone else will fall in love because it focuses on realism, teamplay, and strategy.
  28. KevinA.
    Aug 4, 2006
    I really like this game. I play it almost all the time that's why i gave it a 10.
  29. MichaelC.
    Aug 4, 2006
    Most realistic shooter I've ever seen. The depth of the maps, and wepon realism make it worth a 10. Plus busting a Commie tank with a panzerfaust and watching gore and bodyparts come outta the commanders hatch is a big plus. I highly recommend this game. Its historically accurate and very well played. I also have to give props to the hit location system on the infantry andMost realistic shooter I've ever seen. The depth of the maps, and wepon realism make it worth a 10. Plus busting a Commie tank with a panzerfaust and watching gore and bodyparts come outta the commanders hatch is a big plus. I highly recommend this game. Its historically accurate and very well played. I also have to give props to the hit location system on the infantry and tanks...give it a shot. Expand
  30. EnricoF.
    Aug 8, 2006
    Just amazing! Maps are very close to reality and they make you feel like you are really fighting there! Even the sounds are spectacular! Weapons, weather, engines...all is very real-like! I'm sure i'm gonna buy this game!
  31. Mad5cout
    Aug 8, 2006
    The people who gave this 1's and 0's are either too young or too impatient or both to actually enjoy this game. Even reading their comments shows they did not figure out that you have to press a button to aim down the sight and fire some weapons. Likewise, some guns, such as MGs, must be deployed on a secure surface before being useful at all. If you are a plug and play type of The people who gave this 1's and 0's are either too young or too impatient or both to actually enjoy this game. Even reading their comments shows they did not figure out that you have to press a button to aim down the sight and fire some weapons. Likewise, some guns, such as MGs, must be deployed on a secure surface before being useful at all. If you are a plug and play type of person, don't even try this game. If you are an avid gamer that enjoys a challenge and depth of game play, this game is king of the WWII FPS/Sims. On the bad side, as stated previously, the engine is 2004 and the graphics are pretty good but not as good as some games coming down the line. Let's be honest $25 is half of what you pay for new games and is not that expensive but I'm sure if you go try to pick up Unreal 2004 (what the mod is based off of) it will only be $19.99 so tripwire hass overshot a bit, I think. I hope they take this game to the next level and make a newer version based on a newer engine with imporoved physics, add planes and the ability to use the AA/flak and mortar weapons on the maps. Adding a single player would be a token attempt at pleasing those who don't really understand what this game is about. Expand
  32. TobiasS.
    Aug 9, 2006
    The best game of its kind in the market at this time. I like the tankbattles best, but the infantry maps come as close to realism as currently possible. There are still some features to becorrected (read the forums;-)) but that will come with time, I'm sure.
  33. CharlieShentall
    Sep 1, 2006
    This is a lifestyle not a game - it grows and grows, as does your skill, an hour in you are totally frustrated, a day in you start to smile, a week in you can't wait, after a month - you are fully immersed. Average Time to veteran - 6 weeks
  34. RodneyF.
    Sep 10, 2006
    A tactical masterpeice.
  35. joker3004joker3004
    Sep 17, 2006
    The best WWII FPS ever... but I spent about 5-7 hours to understand it :D
  36. Plesnjivec
    Sep 2, 2006
    Play that game give to us something difference in our feeling to another game. Realism, tgame is team-play based...and thnx God without noob who running arround the map like blind chicken's... If thay do that, than they cant live so enough.
  37. DavidH.
    Nov 8, 2007
    Red O is a great game. I am a history major, so realism is important to me. (It would amaze you but not even the advanced nazi sciences had a personal HUD for their soldiers so they could have cross hairs and an ammo counter //sarcasm)
  38. DannyL.
    Oct 2, 2007
    Realistic, hard and the best. The hardness of the game keep small kids away.
  39. Vihkr
    Dec 1, 2007
    Simply the finest FPS on the marketplace, period. Actually breaks the FPS genre by making gameplay so realistic that it is no-longer "twitch-based" but skill-based. In RO, it takes patience and skill to get into position to enage the enemy, let alone hit and kill them. Sound, graphics and environmental effects are superb, down to the "camera shake" and blurryness delivered by near misses Simply the finest FPS on the marketplace, period. Actually breaks the FPS genre by making gameplay so realistic that it is no-longer "twitch-based" but skill-based. In RO, it takes patience and skill to get into position to enage the enemy, let alone hit and kill them. Sound, graphics and environmental effects are superb, down to the "camera shake" and blurryness delivered by near misses from high explosives. Historical accuracy so researched that your empty shell casings are actually the right colour. And finally, a game that tells the real story about what happened to the infamous German war machine: its fate was sealed on the Eastern Front in the most titianic conflict in the history of mankind, not by the Western Allies, as is commonly believed. Buy it, try it and love it! Expand
  40. GabrielT.
    Jan 24, 2007
    Very good game, a lot of realism and a good playability.
  41. TawficF.
    Feb 21, 2007
    The Game play is awesome .... tanks tactics and fps assault through. I think its not too bad at all. I only noticed that changing maps is not as smooth as counter strike source. But its not as bad as changing maps in Battlefield 2. Of course my favorite part is the explosive sound in the back ground. Makes you feel you are in the battle for real.
  42. YanisAbt
    Mar 4, 2007
    GREAT simulation attempt , we need more simulations , Red Orchestra ranks among IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 and Silent Hunter III as the best WWII simulations available.
  43. MatthewP.
    Apr 20, 2007
    By far the most awesome and realistic WWII game I've ever played!
  44. RicardoL.
    Apr 3, 2007
    Best WW2 shooter ever. It could be better? Of course, they all can. This game is a big step though, for those who craves for WW2 game experience. My 10 is based on that. It is clear that mostly everyone loves very much or hate this game. In my opinion, his game is for those who likes the WW2 atmosphere and scenario, not for those who wants to play an all-round and dynamic type of game Best WW2 shooter ever. It could be better? Of course, they all can. This game is a big step though, for those who craves for WW2 game experience. My 10 is based on that. It is clear that mostly everyone loves very much or hate this game. In my opinion, his game is for those who likes the WW2 atmosphere and scenario, not for those who wants to play an all-round and dynamic type of game that have a WW2 skin. I like to play some BF2 and BF1942 (which has no realism at all) in LANs w/ friends but RO is really worth buying it! It is more like a simulator type (like some were saying) but it also have good action. The "near-missing bullets", explosion and sound effects get in your blood like a rush! Ppl there are very cool also. There is no other way I can feel a little like of the WW2 historic environment in the safe of my home. Expand
  45. AndreO.
    Apr 9, 2007
    Once of the best Multiplayer Shooter, very real and it is not for beginners
  46. MichaelW.
    Aug 4, 2007
    The most realistic FPS I have ever played and completely addictive. If you are into WW2 and the eastern front type games like me you must get this game, you will not be dissapointed. All my other games are collecting dust.
  47. LewisJ.
    Mar 9, 2008
    The most intense and strategic FPS I have ever played, I easily rate this game higher than the popular counter strike. You want an intense battle, thats challenging enough to make a single kill really rewarding? Red Orchestra....no doubt about it.
  48. UmutG.
    Jun 8, 2008
    its very great i just bod it yesterday.
  49. @nthony7
    Jul 9, 2008
    Ce jeu c tout simplement un des meilleur fps toute console confondue! il lui manke juste d avoir une communauter aussi imposante ke css paske autant 1.6 es moin bien a tt les nivo ke red mais c culte et on peut pas decrocher autant css es pourit et merite pas d avoir autant de joueur ki son kasi ts des connard ki pense avoir du lvl alors ke ss la hitbox pourie il toucherais rien mdr! Vive Ce jeu c tout simplement un des meilleur fps toute console confondue! il lui manke juste d avoir une communauter aussi imposante ke css paske autant 1.6 es moin bien a tt les nivo ke red mais c culte et on peut pas decrocher autant css es pourit et merite pas d avoir autant de joueur ki son kasi ts des connard ki pense avoir du lvl alors ke ss la hitbox pourie il toucherais rien mdr! Vive Red dods AA cs 1.6 ^^ Expand
  50. Mo0nBugGy1
    Apr 19, 2009
    Amazing game. There realy is nothing better than sitting in a tiny little fox-hole in a snow covered forest while green and yellow tracers zoom past your head at the same time as grenades are exploding just on the other side of your hole and you pop up quickly to get off a shot and scream with joy as you blow some Nazi F**kers head off only to be blown to tiny little Russian pieces of Amazing game. There realy is nothing better than sitting in a tiny little fox-hole in a snow covered forest while green and yellow tracers zoom past your head at the same time as grenades are exploding just on the other side of your hole and you pop up quickly to get off a shot and scream with joy as you blow some Nazi F**kers head off only to be blown to tiny little Russian pieces of meat by a King tiger tank. This game is Brilliant the only complaint i hear is the use of the word ''Camping'' but as this game is trying to be realistic its not really camping but covering behind a wall so you dont end up like that COD noob who thinks he can blind fire a K98. If you want to go run around like rambo then be my guest but you will cop a heap of abuse for WASTING ALL THE SPAWNS!!......My only issue is i just came from playing crysis and Arma so the graphics are very dated, other than that this game is TOP NOTCH. Expand
  51. MarcL
    Jul 8, 2009
    Best game ever...got the game since 3 years now and have not seen any better game till now...the aim system is the thing that makes the game great, no stupip aiming with a circle in middle of screen like in call of duty world at war, and no silly scripted show...its real action.
  52. BanjoPants
    Aug 1, 2009
    This is a difficult game. But that is what makes it great. It is my favorite game, second only to BF1942. It takes what should have been included in Forgotten Hope and wraps it all into one game with 2 mods. The thing that sold me on the game was the Eastern Front.
  53. Frank
    Oct 15, 2006
    I love that you can use a mic and headphones to (voip) communicate with and the graphics are awesome.
  54. [DF]VARG[RUS]
    Oct 18, 2006
    Very realistic. You've just forgot about all world around when you drive in the tank or when you prey to a god under artillery fire! Not just a multiplayer game, it's real war! Now RO available in Russia. Za Rodinu!
  55. JonB.
    Dec 4, 2006
    I did not know that a game could feel so real, I did not know that war could be displayed that beautiful.
  56. LasseT.
    Oct 30, 2006
    Well, This is one of the best games I've ever played. Tho' it is not good at all in the Singleplayer mode, but it works. I've never cared about graphics in games. But this graphics is very impresive. And for all people who says : "The reload feels like 5 mins!" well well well, Have you guys tried it in real life under fire? The first thing, it isn't just to swap a Well, This is one of the best games I've ever played. Tho' it is not good at all in the Singleplayer mode, but it works. I've never cared about graphics in games. But this graphics is very impresive. And for all people who says : "The reload feels like 5 mins!" well well well, Have you guys tried it in real life under fire? The first thing, it isn't just to swap a magazine in 10 second, if you are gonna spare the empty magazine, you need to lay it on the ground, get your hand on the new mag in the closed puoch, drag the mag out, lay it on the ground, put the empty mag in the pouch, push the full mag in the weapon, and make sure it is IN, then you will have to ... uhmm... how to say it.. drag that thing back so the bullet will get in.. (sry, bad english :P) And all this under fire! this game, is well.. Reloading way to fast :D but it is a nice time to reload for a game :) Also, when you didn't have any mags left in a war, you would take a mag and put one and one and one and one and one bullet at time.... Try taht under fire! That is waht takes ages.. And I've played more realistic games, like flight simulators. But, this game is of course on the top 5 realistic games in my opinion. It is worth Buying. Lasse, From Norway. Thank you! Expand
  57. GuillaumeC.
    Mar 25, 2006
    This game is wait I was waiting for. A perfect mix between fast action and extreme realism. Considering that game is using a 2/3 years old engine graphism are very well done. And this game is sold under 30 $ ! If you're not afraid about high skill level that is required to play and if you're a fan of "true" realism game like operation flashpoint (not call of duty). This game is This game is wait I was waiting for. A perfect mix between fast action and extreme realism. Considering that game is using a 2/3 years old engine graphism are very well done. And this game is sold under 30 $ ! If you're not afraid about high skill level that is required to play and if you're a fan of "true" realism game like operation flashpoint (not call of duty). This game is for you. IMHO This game a pure bargain. A must have ! Expand
  58. TJ
    Mar 25, 2006
    The absolutely best WWII multiplayer FPS ever made. period.
  59. DavidF.
    Mar 25, 2006
    Outstanding game from East front WW2 era proving that small independent studios are able release top quality titles.
  60. ShooterJ.
    Apr 10, 2006
    It cannot be described as FPS. It is something else. More like OFP and AA. But better. Much better.... Ok .. back to playing :)
  61. DanH.
    Apr 14, 2006
    i really like this game, and for all the ones complaining about the graphics, this game uses a slightly upgraded version of the Unreal 2004 engine, therefore it is outdated slightly. All in all, i love this game, the sound is great, the realism is awesome, and the gameply if fun as hell ps. for the one who said this game came out of DOD:S, thats not true becuz this game was a mod for i really like this game, and for all the ones complaining about the graphics, this game uses a slightly upgraded version of the Unreal 2004 engine, therefore it is outdated slightly. All in all, i love this game, the sound is great, the realism is awesome, and the gameply if fun as hell ps. for the one who said this game came out of DOD:S, thats not true becuz this game was a mod for Unreal tournament way before DOD:S even came out on steam. Expand
  62. DannyM.
    Apr 15, 2006
    Nice graphics and gameplay.
  63. AaronL.
    Apr 15, 2006
    absoluately brilliant, in terms of realism, there is no other ww2 games that can beat this, and i don't think there will be for a long time. (maybe if they release a second one :) )
  64. OlivierG.
    Jul 24, 2006
    One of the best game of the decade, realism, ambiance ..... I LOVE!
  65. AdamC.
    Jul 31, 2006
    At first, it wasn't that good, it was buggy, but i've just started playing it and wow, this game is amzing, servers connect in no time, there are loads of servers bussing the tankcombat is amzing, the game is fantastic and theres so much custom content out like mapsand the such.. Seriosuly, this is a worthly investmaent with all the new weapons and dare I say tanks being added
  66. PaulJ.
    Apr 15, 2006
    Just been reading some of the comments, some of them are seriously stupid, just because you can't aim or shoot for * doesn't mean this game is bad, ***ooo where's the crosshair!! there isn't one!? damn this game sucks!!*** lol, i can see how people come up with comments like this, it is a hard fps game, but once u get the hang of it it's truely amazing, and theJust been reading some of the comments, some of them are seriously stupid, just because you can't aim or shoot for * doesn't mean this game is bad, ***ooo where's the crosshair!! there isn't one!? damn this game sucks!!*** lol, i can see how people come up with comments like this, it is a hard fps game, but once u get the hang of it it's truely amazing, and the graphics are NOT BAD AT ALL, maybe consider some new graphic cards if you're having trouble. Collapse
  67. OberstG.
    Apr 10, 2006
    This is without any doubt the best multi-player FPS WWII game produced sofar. Before Ostfront the RO mod ruled the WWII FPSes but OF is even more refined bringing computer gaming realism even further - perhaps further than many mainstream triggerhappy gamers can take. Realism is a subjective word but being a game it suceeds in conveying a submersive and satisfying experience.The foci of This is without any doubt the best multi-player FPS WWII game produced sofar. Before Ostfront the RO mod ruled the WWII FPSes but OF is even more refined bringing computer gaming realism even further - perhaps further than many mainstream triggerhappy gamers can take. Realism is a subjective word but being a game it suceeds in conveying a submersive and satisfying experience.The foci of the game are realism, tactical thinking and teamplay as oposed to the other mainstream kiddie games out there (think bunny hopping, ammo counters, crosshairs, scripted story lines etc). It will probably not appeal to the BF, DoD and CS fans out there as it requires quite other skills to sucessful play (think 'brain' and "cooperation" instead of 'keyboard twitching reflexes' and a fragaholic mindset). Hardware-wise you will need a goid graphics card and lot of memory for the ultimate experience. I look forward to the future of this game. The only real minus is that they dropped support for Linux and Mac users who are now ditched with the RO mod. Expand
  68. JoumanJ.
    Apr 17, 2006
    Amazing game.
  69. AdamJ.
    Apr 18, 2006
    It's a very good game. Definately the MOST REALISTIC WW2 game out there. It is very easy to be misled by the people who gave it poor ratings. Some of them claim to want "realistic war simulation," but then complain when the actual view that one would have from a real tank is too small for them (believe it or not, in a real war, you cannot simply switch to 3rd person to get a better It's a very good game. Definately the MOST REALISTIC WW2 game out there. It is very easy to be misled by the people who gave it poor ratings. Some of them claim to want "realistic war simulation," but then complain when the actual view that one would have from a real tank is too small for them (believe it or not, in a real war, you cannot simply switch to 3rd person to get a better picture of the battlefield... sorry to spoil it!). There was one person who complained about the "outdated Unreal engine," and this same person claimed to have been "misled" by the promo video. This is where competency of ones own system comes into play. When developers put together a promotional video that serves as the face of their product, it only makes sense that they are going to make it using a top-of-the-line system, which will in turn display the game and graphcis at their best. (SPOILER ALERT: Everyone does this! If Tripwire wants to promote their game using a video that was made on a brand new, state-of-the-art computer, then that is simply good marketing. I do not have a brand new computer, and I realize that before I buy a game that I am not going to be able to max out the settings. However, I still buy games, and I do not complain because my own out-of-date system can't handle it. Finally, any complaints about bugs are very unwarranted. Yes, there have been a lot of bugs in this game. Yes, there are some lag issues and long load times. HOWEVER, Tripwire already had a support site set up and ready to go by the time the game was released, and they are already addressing issues and working on a patch. In fact, I would say that I much more pleased with Tripwire than almost any other gaming company (besides Valve, of course), mainly because they are acknowledging that their product has flaws, but that they are also devoting a lot of time and energy to eliminating thos flaws. BOTTOM LINE: Tripwire is a brand new company of guys who won a mod contest... cut them some slack. They have very quickly put together an awesome game, quite possibly the most realistic WW2 fps out there, and they are giving it to us for $24.99. Compared to the $50.00 pricetag of most new games, this is a great value. The technical support and attention to flaws is unmatched by any other game developer out there (once again, besides Valve), and I think that I can speak for almost all mature gamers out there when I say that we would much rather have a cheap game that needs some fine tuning (with amazing tech support and developer attention) instead of an over-priced game that we have to wait 3 years to play. If you're an adult and can withstand a few minor setbacks, then this game is going to be a great purchase. If you can't handle realism and expect some mod-makers to deliver a fast, cheap, flawless game their first time, then you're going to be waiting a while. Expand
  70. JohnJ.
    Apr 18, 2006
    Best ive played so far.No bunny hoping, run and gun frenzy like most of other fps. Its just what i was looking for.
  71. Boogyman
    Apr 5, 2006
    This game succeeds where others fail. The IGN review sums it well. Here's the clincher, if you are good enough to last the learning curve you'll find the game fun even heart-pounding.
  72. Ordie25
    Apr 5, 2006
    very well rendered. Sweet eye candy. a little goofey on the controls. wish this was as popular as bf2 and had as many players. it is worth the 25 bux to have it in your arsenal of fps's. i would give it a 10 if games had MANY people playing. again, it is a very good game.
  73. chadr
    Apr 6, 2006
    I didnt enjoy this much when i first played it,but after some good hours of play time this game grew on me alot!!! The realism of the game is top notch the graphics i would say are up to par with todays games. The controls are a liitle tough to get used to but after you figure everthing out they work quite well. I own a boatload of games i play css alot but this is NO css you must useI didnt enjoy this much when i first played it,but after some good hours of play time this game grew on me alot!!! The realism of the game is top notch the graphics i would say are up to par with todays games. The controls are a liitle tough to get used to but after you figure everthing out they work quite well. I own a boatload of games i play css alot but this is NO css you must use strats and work as a team, there will be no spray -n- pray here either you will die very quickly using that method....grab the visine some and some strong coffee you'll be up for a while playin this game ......great game great price 4 real go get it!!!!! Expand
  74. Vega
    May 12, 2006
    Great game. I've played RO since it was in Beta 1.0 I have always been impressed by the amount of detail that Tripwire has put into every version of RO. Vehicle's are amazingly realistic, there is no magical 3rd person camera that let's you see your surroundings. You see what would be seen if you were truly operating this vehicle. After playing RO, I went back to play DoD Great game. I've played RO since it was in Beta 1.0 I have always been impressed by the amount of detail that Tripwire has put into every version of RO. Vehicle's are amazingly realistic, there is no magical 3rd person camera that let's you see your surroundings. You see what would be seen if you were truly operating this vehicle. After playing RO, I went back to play DoD and realized how much of a joke it was. Expand
  75. Sheep
    May 13, 2006
    Simply THE best WW2 multiplayer shooter out there. Realistic and immersive gameplay at a reasonable pace. Not the ridiculously unrealistic warp speed of other WW2 based online shooters.
  76. HenrikS.
    May 16, 2006
    Awsome Game! Brutal realistic ww2 game, some open field tank battles or Close Combat in ruin cities. Not the best looking game out there but the grafic is more then enough. Its intense and brutal to say the least... Worth every penny:)
  77. TomP.
    May 19, 2006
    Great game. This is all I am playing right now.
  78. ViktorW.
    May 19, 2006
    Red Orchestra: ostfront 41-45 is the best game/simulator i've ever seen! But there is a con... There is wery long loading times in the game.
  79. AronO.
    May 19, 2006
    Great graphics, great gameplay, great support! The weopen models are the best i've seen, in comparison to DoD:S models they are much much better, the soldiers are much more detailed, they have facial animations (your other eye closes when you aim, when riding a halftrack the other soliders sit there, moving around nervously, etc!) The gameplay is just GREAAAAAAAT! It's so much Great graphics, great gameplay, great support! The weopen models are the best i've seen, in comparison to DoD:S models they are much much better, the soldiers are much more detailed, they have facial animations (your other eye closes when you aim, when riding a halftrack the other soliders sit there, moving around nervously, etc!) The gameplay is just GREAAAAAAAT! It's so much fun to get shot by a MG42, then you hit the dirt and try to find cover as you see the supression blur all over,which makes it IMPOSSIBLE to take a aim at the machine gunner!! At first I could not start the game, so I went over to the Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 forums, stated my problem, provided all system specs and other usefull information, and withing a couple of minutes my problem was solved (there where a couple of other guys that also had this problem, but it worked out for them aswell as me) I just LOVE THIS GAME! And the fact that there are going to be alot of FREE content updates (maps, weopens, etc) Just make the game oh so much better, EA games etc SELL THEIR content updates, which is so cheap, becouse they have earned more then enough money. Expand
  80. KevinB.
    May 19, 2006
    If you're into bunny-hopping, crosshairs, and saying "ownz0red!" everytime you get a kill then Ostfront is not for you. However, if you are sick of the above and would like a game that makes you feel like you're in a war Ostfront is for you! Love the game.
  81. JohnR.
    May 19, 2006
    The most realistic and entertaining FPS I have ever played. And I have played a lot!! Real world tactics actually make a difference in this game. The use of cover and correct aiming will keep you alive for longer and make you a deadlier oppnent. I highly recommend this game/sim to anyone who is sick of the mindless glut of FPS that are out there at the moment.
  82. ErikuK.
    May 19, 2006
    Great realistic game play, wonderful maps and overall great game. Its the game that made me become an active FPS player again.
  83. MatthewH.
    May 21, 2006
    So realistic you'll want to thank those who fought in our place!
  84. AlanS.
    May 3, 2006
    I found red orchestra to be highly realistic, unlike most tactical shooters we've seen in this day and age. Although I didn't favor that it was on the unreal engine, it still is very non-linear, strategic, and fun to play.
  85. JaniM.
    May 30, 2006
    Best War-Simulation i've ever played!
  86. GlenF.
    May 4, 2006
    Best WW2 shooter out there. The graphics may be slightly out of date but they are still nice(gameplay>graphics). The game is highly realistic and the best gun model/ animations out of any WW2 FPS. If you like games like CSS this my not be your cup of tea. I suggest giving it a try anyway, if you're looking for a realistic WW2 experience.
  87. JasonH.
    May 6, 2006
    If you like realism this game is for you. This game is better than the noob filled bf2.
  88. JulioT.
    May 6, 2006
    Excellent game with the warfront detail. I've never expext this game to be like that, I was amazed how real look those tanks, artillery strikes, high-detail half tracks. The only thing I am worry i that we need more maps to enjoy this game in different scenarios. Keep it up!!!!!!!!1
  89. JackC.
    May 7, 2006
    It takes not only skill, but brains as well. An awesome combination that makes this game, the best land sim. of the year.
  90. DeCoYMe
    May 7, 2006
    I will never give a 10 because evrything can always be better, but RO is going to be hard to beat, this game is more for the mature FPS player that likes to incoporate tactics, you will need a good videocard, but is definatly worth taking a look. you need to run the game in high res, but the reward is worth it. you need to lead the target, there is projectile drop over distance and you I will never give a 10 because evrything can always be better, but RO is going to be hard to beat, this game is more for the mature FPS player that likes to incoporate tactics, you will need a good videocard, but is definatly worth taking a look. you need to run the game in high res, but the reward is worth it. you need to lead the target, there is projectile drop over distance and you need to place your shot other wise it will deflect of vehicles. the air/artilery strikes are spectacular to watch from a distance and disorientaiting to be in. there is no radar so in game comunication is a must. Well done Tripwire.. Decoy.. Expand
  91. PaulL.
    May 7, 2006
    Awsome graphics if played at full and awsome gameplay definently a game worth having.
  92. DarkM.
    May 8, 2006
    Outstanding squad based FPS, where solid team tactics are a must for victory in every one of the maps. You can almost smell the cordite as your watching machine gun fire richocet off of solid objects while crawling around in the muck. I've also found that since you cant bunnyhop or run-n-gun that the average 12 years olds tire of it quickly, leaving a mostly mature adult community Outstanding squad based FPS, where solid team tactics are a must for victory in every one of the maps. You can almost smell the cordite as your watching machine gun fire richocet off of solid objects while crawling around in the muck. I've also found that since you cant bunnyhop or run-n-gun that the average 12 years olds tire of it quickly, leaving a mostly mature adult community witch is a refeshing change of pace then the teamkilling adolesents you find in most other online FPS. Also the introduction of controllable arty is a welcome addition that adds strategy and depth to this already excellent game. The tanking is a little arcadish, but its not as bad as Battlefield 2 (reminds me alot of the Panzer Elite online games i used to participate in) All in all a great game, and i will be enjoying it for years to come! Expand
  93. Aeneas2020
    May 8, 2006
    good game certainly gave me a great deal of enjoyment although i'd say to anyone put off at first really try to play this for at least a week then you'll see where the fun lies.
  94. StarikIP.
    May 9, 2006
    First somehow shocking, the game made me feel something I have not experienced since I played 'Thief' and WWII Online. I was scared and run for my life like the boy from the 'Red badge of courage' did in the first battle. Well, I've managed to survive and turned back, but the Call of Duty and all BFs got wiped off from my HD permanently: R.I.P.
  95. CT
    Jun 21, 2006
    not for rookies... this game requires patience and skill. bunny hopping wont save you. spamming bullets wont save you. this game separates the men from the boys. not for arcade style gamers. dont expect hopping to save you.
  96. CaseyPetty
    Jun 24, 2006
    Most realistic game I have ever seen. This is the way FPS are ment to be. The physics and geometry is amoung the best Ive ever seen. Very nice work tripwire, Countinue to send us superb FPS's...

... BTW Jay the tank damage is really accurate, and loading time isnt the game but the quality of your computer, mine runs it quite quik and smooth. Maybe you just need a better comp...
  97. MortenO.
    Jun 7, 2006
    A really cool and realistic WW2 game.. finally! a bit disappointet with the graphics though.
  98. NikR.
    Jun 7, 2006
    This game is magnificent. The realism and action blows me away.
  99. MarkC.
    Jul 29, 2006
    A game similar to BF1942, but realistic. The game itself is good to look at without the usual over the top emphasis on graphical goodies like amazing shadows. The first time i crawled behind enemy lines and got a couple of kills left me very satisfied. A extremely good game, good support and a commited community.
  100. LeonK.
    Jul 31, 2006
    I didnt bought the game yet, but i think im going to do after steams 5 day RO trial. But the fact that the servers should be very empty, is annoying, maybe someone who knows the game can tell me if its true, after seeing the trailers i loved the game.

1. I absolutely love the attention Tripwire has given to the small details in the game.
    There's very little gameyness in RO and a whole lot of gritty crawling along the ground so you can flank over to that machine gunner and allow your team to advance to the next spawn point objective.
  3. Red Orchestra is an enjoyable, team-based online shooter for those who like the Battlefield-style games but want a more technical and realistic experience.