Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 PC

8.6

1. AdamS.
    Jul 4, 2007
    It's really cool and really realistic game ;) theres only one "-" there are only russians and germans.
  2. Skylarflan
    Aug 6, 2006
    I dont even play cod2, or bf2 anymore! great game
  3. AnonymousMC
    Aug 8, 2006
    Best game ever. Its a WW2 simulation, SIMULATION! The graphics are awesome, some people never heard of settings (or a .cfg file) and the gameplay is the sweetest ever. Anyone who rates less than 9 wasn't born when Doom came out. Wait till you're old enough to appreciate a game before you rate it :-(
  4. TylerM.
    Oct 4, 2006
    Been playing RO since its first beta release back with ut2k3. If you want something other than your run of the mill spray and pray shooter try out RO. The level of detail and realism is amazing for a game. If you want to try out an intense, realistic and very immersive gaming experience, then go pick up a copy now. What are you waiting for?
  5. AnonymousMC
    Mar 26, 2006
    This game blows away COD2, DOD:S, and every other FPS that calls itself a *war* game. RO:O's kickass graphics (and yes, they are good - some people apparently don't know how to change their settings) and sound really immerse you in the war.

Overall, this is by far the most satisfying game I've played in years. It's challenging at first without the crosshair crutch and a 50 part HUD - but you soon don't miss those things. In fact, I HATE playing games with those now.
  6. FireBladeX
    Mar 30, 2006
    Perfect game!
  7. spitfire
    Apr 19, 2006
    The best WWII FPS game I have ever played, I hope new maps will come soon. Excelent Job!
  8. MattG.
    Apr 9, 2006
    this game is realidtic has great detail on the smallest things. the gameplay rules as it is challenging and not piss easy like cod2 or dod.
  9. EricS.
    May 19, 2006
    The feeling of being there is amazing. Really awesome game!
  10. JeffreyK.
    May 21, 2006
    The best WW2 sim i have ever played, and it still has potential to be so much more.
  11. JaniM.
    May 20, 2006
    Best War-Simulation i've ever played!
  12. Lucas
    May 6, 2006
    Great gameplay, best first person animations/models I've ever seen, excellent maps. The graphics are surprisingly well done for such an old engine. It features such subtle things that when you switch games, you realize that every game needs what RO has. The tank combat is amazing as well as the infantry combat. Reccommended to anyone mature enough to get the hang of this game.
  13. Golf33
    May 7, 2006
    Not for everyone but if you are after intense, highly realistic ground combat then this is for you.
  14. Shape
    May 7, 2006
    Most realstic game ive ever played. Graphics could be improved, but i think when set on high are much better than Cod2.
  15. PaulT.
    Jul 27, 2006
    Red Orchestra is a great game with wonderful graphics. Gameplay is very realistic but you must have patience and read the manual. If you play the game as intended you will have a great time with many great hours of enjoyment!
  16. JosephS.
    Aug 14, 2006
    As a World War II buff and someone who has enjoyed gaming/simulations since the IBM AT days, this is among the best computer games I have ever played. Ignore the critics about slow load times etc. The developer fixed these problems in July. Now all the maps are saved on your hard drive and they load fast. This game is very realistic and after some practice even an old guy like me can As a World War II buff and someone who has enjoyed gaming/simulations since the IBM AT days, this is among the best computer games I have ever played. Ignore the critics about slow load times etc. The developer fixed these problems in July. Now all the maps are saved on your hard drive and they load fast. This game is very realistic and after some practice even an old guy like me can score in the top 5 players. This game is to FPS what IL-2 was to combat flight sims. No arcade game, its a bit hard to learn but I never really tire of it. This game is about tactics teamwork (e.g. you have to resupply ammo to your machinegunners - hint: it scores you 5 points) and being smart in combat. You need to learn to use cover and actually aim to kill your opponents. Some of the new custom maps are just incredible now that they have opened up design to the user community. Tank battles are fun and realistic but I love playing infantry. Some of the most fun things are learning to shoot from the hip and using melee attack in close quarters urban combat; learning to call in artillery with devastating effect; or destroying a giant JSII or Tiger tank with your panzerfaust or satchel charge. Finally the recoil, aiming, sight view and sounds are extremely realistic. As a WW2 buff, I own (or owned) and have fired several of the rifles and pistols in the game and I can tell you its almost as fun as shooting the real thing. You have to account for bullet drop for long shots (and probably wind too). I bet the machine and submachine guns are equally realistic but have no firsthand experience. Finally, to really enjoy the game get a headset with a mic. It makes teamwork easier and the better sounds give you clues about potential dangers/ targets. You can hear the footsteps and heavy breathing of winded players nearby and hear the bullets and artillery pass by or over you. Other fun titles like Day of Defeat, Battlefield series, Counterstrike don't even come close to this title for lasting fun and realism. Go buy it - its the best $25 you'll ever spend. Expand
  17. ChrisM.
    Aug 26, 2006
    The Best FPS of all time, provides the perfect combination of realism and fun factor. those who enjoy the twitch type shooting of most other arcady First person shooters will dispise this game, everyone else will fall in love because it focuses on realism, teamplay, and strategy.
  18. KevinA.
    Aug 4, 2006
    I really like this game. I play it almost all the time that's why i gave it a 10.
  19. MichaelC.
    Aug 4, 2006
    Most realistic shooter I've ever seen. The depth of the maps, and wepon realism make it worth a 10. Plus busting a Commie tank with a panzerfaust and watching gore and bodyparts come outta the commanders hatch is a big plus. I highly recommend this game. Its historically accurate and very well played. I also have to give props to the hit location system on the infantry andMost realistic shooter I've ever seen. The depth of the maps, and wepon realism make it worth a 10. Plus busting a Commie tank with a panzerfaust and watching gore and bodyparts come outta the commanders hatch is a big plus. I highly recommend this game. Its historically accurate and very well played. I also have to give props to the hit location system on the infantry and tanks...give it a shot. Expand
  20. RodneyF.
    Sep 10, 2006
    A tactical masterpeice.
  21. joker3004joker3004
    Sep 17, 2006
    The best WWII FPS ever... but I spent about 5-7 hours to understand it :D
  22. Plesnjivec
    Sep 2, 2006
    Play that game give to us something difference in our feeling to another game. Realism, tgame is team-play based...and thnx God without noob who running arround the map like blind chicken's... If thay do that, than they cant live so enough.
  23. DavidH.
    Nov 8, 2007
    Red O is a great game. I am a history major, so realism is important to me. (It would amaze you but not even the advanced nazi sciences had a personal HUD for their soldiers so they could have cross hairs and an ammo counter //sarcasm)
  24. DannyL.
    Oct 2, 2007
    Realistic, hard and the best. The hardness of the game keep small kids away.
  25. Vihkr
    Dec 1, 2007
    Simply the finest FPS on the marketplace, period. Actually breaks the FPS genre by making gameplay so realistic that it is no-longer "twitch-based" but skill-based. In RO, it takes patience and skill to get into position to enage the enemy, let alone hit and kill them. Sound, graphics and environmental effects are superb, down to the "camera shake" and blurryness delivered by near misses Simply the finest FPS on the marketplace, period. Actually breaks the FPS genre by making gameplay so realistic that it is no-longer "twitch-based" but skill-based. In RO, it takes patience and skill to get into position to enage the enemy, let alone hit and kill them. Sound, graphics and environmental effects are superb, down to the "camera shake" and blurryness delivered by near misses from high explosives. Historical accuracy so researched that your empty shell casings are actually the right colour. And finally, a game that tells the real story about what happened to the infamous German war machine: its fate was sealed on the Eastern Front in the most titianic conflict in the history of mankind, not by the Western Allies, as is commonly believed. Buy it, try it and love it! Expand
  26. YanisAbt
    Mar 4, 2007
    GREAT simulation attempt , we need more simulations , Red Orchestra ranks among IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 and Silent Hunter III as the best WWII simulations available.
  27. MatthewP.
    Apr 20, 2007
    By far the most awesome and realistic WWII game I've ever played!
  28. RicardoL.
    Apr 3, 2007
    Best WW2 shooter ever. It could be better? Of course, they all can. This game is a big step though, for those who craves for WW2 game experience. My 10 is based on that. It is clear that mostly everyone loves very much or hate this game. In my opinion, his game is for those who likes the WW2 atmosphere and scenario, not for those who wants to play an all-round and dynamic type of game Best WW2 shooter ever. It could be better? Of course, they all can. This game is a big step though, for those who craves for WW2 game experience. My 10 is based on that. It is clear that mostly everyone loves very much or hate this game. In my opinion, his game is for those who likes the WW2 atmosphere and scenario, not for those who wants to play an all-round and dynamic type of game that have a WW2 skin. I like to play some BF2 and BF1942 (which has no realism at all) in LANs w/ friends but RO is really worth buying it! It is more like a simulator type (like some were saying) but it also have good action. The "near-missing bullets", explosion and sound effects get in your blood like a rush! Ppl there are very cool also. There is no other way I can feel a little like of the WW2 historic environment in the safe of my home. Expand
  29. LewisJ.
    Mar 9, 2008
    The most intense and strategic FPS I have ever played, I easily rate this game higher than the popular counter strike. You want an intense battle, thats challenging enough to make a single kill really rewarding? Red Orchestra....no doubt about it.
  30. UmutG.
    Jun 8, 2008
    its very great i just bod it yesterday.
  31. @nthony7
    Jul 9, 2008
    Ce jeu c tout simplement un des meilleur fps toute console confondue! il lui manke juste d avoir une communauter aussi imposante ke css paske autant 1.6 es moin bien a tt les nivo ke red mais c culte et on peut pas decrocher autant css es pourit et merite pas d avoir autant de joueur ki son kasi ts des connard ki pense avoir du lvl alors ke ss la hitbox pourie il toucherais rien mdr! Vive Ce jeu c tout simplement un des meilleur fps toute console confondue! il lui manke juste d avoir une communauter aussi imposante ke css paske autant 1.6 es moin bien a tt les nivo ke red mais c culte et on peut pas decrocher autant css es pourit et merite pas d avoir autant de joueur ki son kasi ts des connard ki pense avoir du lvl alors ke ss la hitbox pourie il toucherais rien mdr! Vive Red dods AA cs 1.6 ^^ Expand
  32. MarcL
    Jul 8, 2009
    Best game ever...got the game since 3 years now and have not seen any better game till now...the aim system is the thing that makes the game great, no stupip aiming with a circle in middle of screen like in call of duty world at war, and no silly scripted show...its real action.
  33. BanjoPants
    Aug 1, 2009
    This is a difficult game. But that is what makes it great. It is my favorite game, second only to BF1942. It takes what should have been included in Forgotten Hope and wraps it all into one game with 2 mods. The thing that sold me on the game was the Eastern Front.
  34. [DF]VARG[RUS]
    Oct 18, 2006
    Very realistic. You've just forgot about all world around when you drive in the tank or when you prey to a god under artillery fire! Not just a multiplayer game, it's real war! Now RO available in Russia. Za Rodinu!
  35. JonB.
    Dec 4, 2006
    I did not know that a game could feel so real, I did not know that war could be displayed that beautiful.
  36. GuillaumeC.
    Mar 25, 2006
    This game is wait I was waiting for. A perfect mix between fast action and extreme realism. Considering that game is using a 2/3 years old engine graphism are very well done. And this game is sold under 30 $ ! If you're not afraid about high skill level that is required to play and if you're a fan of "true" realism game like operation flashpoint (not call of duty). This game is This game is wait I was waiting for. A perfect mix between fast action and extreme realism. Considering that game is using a 2/3 years old engine graphism are very well done. And this game is sold under 30 $ ! If you're not afraid about high skill level that is required to play and if you're a fan of "true" realism game like operation flashpoint (not call of duty). This game is for you. IMHO This game a pure bargain. A must have ! Expand
  37. TJ
    Mar 25, 2006
    The absolutely best WWII multiplayer FPS ever made. period.
  38. DavidF.
    Mar 25, 2006
    Outstanding game from East front WW2 era proving that small independent studios are able release top quality titles.
  39. ShooterJ.
    Apr 10, 2006
    It cannot be described as FPS. It is something else. More like OFP and AA. But better. Much better.... Ok .. back to playing :)
  40. DannyM.
    Apr 15, 2006
    Nice graphics and gameplay.
  41. AaronL.
    Apr 15, 2006
    absoluately brilliant, in terms of realism, there is no other ww2 games that can beat this, and i don't think there will be for a long time. (maybe if they release a second one :) )
  42. PaulJ.
    Apr 15, 2006
    Just been reading some of the comments, some of them are seriously stupid, just because you can't aim or shoot for * doesn't mean this game is bad, ***ooo where's the crosshair!! there isn't one!? damn this game sucks!!*** lol, i can see how people come up with comments like this, it is a hard fps game, but once u get the hang of it it's truely amazing, and theJust been reading some of the comments, some of them are seriously stupid, just because you can't aim or shoot for * doesn't mean this game is bad, ***ooo where's the crosshair!! there isn't one!? damn this game sucks!!*** lol, i can see how people come up with comments like this, it is a hard fps game, but once u get the hang of it it's truely amazing, and the graphics are NOT BAD AT ALL, maybe consider some new graphic cards if you're having trouble. Expand
  43. OberstG.
    Apr 10, 2006
    This is without any doubt the best multi-player FPS WWII game produced sofar. Before Ostfront the RO mod ruled the WWII FPSes but OF is even more refined bringing computer gaming realism even further - perhaps further than many mainstream triggerhappy gamers can take. Realism is a subjective word but being a game it suceeds in conveying a submersive and satisfying experience.The foci of This is without any doubt the best multi-player FPS WWII game produced sofar. Before Ostfront the RO mod ruled the WWII FPSes but OF is even more refined bringing computer gaming realism even further - perhaps further than many mainstream triggerhappy gamers can take. Realism is a subjective word but being a game it suceeds in conveying a submersive and satisfying experience.The foci of the game are realism, tactical thinking and teamplay as oposed to the other mainstream kiddie games out there (think bunny hopping, ammo counters, crosshairs, scripted story lines etc). It will probably not appeal to the BF, DoD and CS fans out there as it requires quite other skills to sucessful play (think 'brain' and "cooperation" instead of 'keyboard twitching reflexes' and a fragaholic mindset). Hardware-wise you will need a goid graphics card and lot of memory for the ultimate experience. I look forward to the future of this game. The only real minus is that they dropped support for Linux and Mac users who are now ditched with the RO mod. Expand
  44. JoumanJ.
    Apr 17, 2006
    Amazing game.
  45. JohnJ.
    Apr 18, 2006
    Best ive played so far.No bunny hoping, run and gun frenzy like most of other fps. Its just what i was looking for.
  46. Boogyman
    Apr 5, 2006
    This game succeeds where others fail. The IGN review sums it well. Here's the clincher, if you are good enough to last the learning curve you'll find the game fun even heart-pounding.
  47. chadr
    Apr 6, 2006
    I didnt enjoy this much when i first played it,but after some good hours of play time this game grew on me alot!!! The realism of the game is top notch the graphics i would say are up to par with todays games. The controls are a liitle tough to get used to but after you figure everthing out they work quite well. I own a boatload of games i play css alot but this is NO css you must useI didnt enjoy this much when i first played it,but after some good hours of play time this game grew on me alot!!! The realism of the game is top notch the graphics i would say are up to par with todays games. The controls are a liitle tough to get used to but after you figure everthing out they work quite well. I own a boatload of games i play css alot but this is NO css you must use strats and work as a team, there will be no spray -n- pray here either you will die very quickly using that method....grab the visine some and some strong coffee you'll be up for a while playin this game ......great game great price 4 real go get it!!!!! Expand
  48. Vega
    May 12, 2006
    Great game. I've played RO since it was in Beta 1.0 I have always been impressed by the amount of detail that Tripwire has put into every version of RO. Vehicle's are amazingly realistic, there is no magical 3rd person camera that let's you see your surroundings. You see what would be seen if you were truly operating this vehicle. After playing RO, I went back to play DoD Great game. I've played RO since it was in Beta 1.0 I have always been impressed by the amount of detail that Tripwire has put into every version of RO. Vehicle's are amazingly realistic, there is no magical 3rd person camera that let's you see your surroundings. You see what would be seen if you were truly operating this vehicle. After playing RO, I went back to play DoD and realized how much of a joke it was. Expand
  49. Sheep
    May 13, 2006
    Simply THE best WW2 multiplayer shooter out there. Realistic and immersive gameplay at a reasonable pace. Not the ridiculously unrealistic warp speed of other WW2 based online shooters.
  50. ViktorW.
    May 19, 2006
    Red Orchestra: ostfront 41-45 is the best game/simulator i've ever seen! But there is a con... There is wery long loading times in the game.
  51. AronO.
    May 19, 2006
    Great graphics, great gameplay, great support! The weopen models are the best i've seen, in comparison to DoD:S models they are much much better, the soldiers are much more detailed, they have facial animations (your other eye closes when you aim, when riding a halftrack the other soliders sit there, moving around nervously, etc!) The gameplay is just GREAAAAAAAT! It's so much Great graphics, great gameplay, great support! The weopen models are the best i've seen, in comparison to DoD:S models they are much much better, the soldiers are much more detailed, they have facial animations (your other eye closes when you aim, when riding a halftrack the other soliders sit there, moving around nervously, etc!) The gameplay is just GREAAAAAAAT! It's so much fun to get shot by a MG42, then you hit the dirt and try to find cover as you see the supression blur all over,which makes it IMPOSSIBLE to take a aim at the machine gunner!! At first I could not start the game, so I went over to the Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 forums, stated my problem, provided all system specs and other usefull information, and withing a couple of minutes my problem was solved (there where a couple of other guys that also had this problem, but it worked out for them aswell as me) I just LOVE THIS GAME! And the fact that there are going to be alot of FREE content updates (maps, weopens, etc) Just make the game oh so much better, EA games etc SELL THEIR content updates, which is so cheap, becouse they have earned more then enough money. Expand
  52. JohnR.
    May 19, 2006
    The most realistic and entertaining FPS I have ever played. And I have played a lot!! Real world tactics actually make a difference in this game. The use of cover and correct aiming will keep you alive for longer and make you a deadlier oppnent. I highly recommend this game/sim to anyone who is sick of the mindless glut of FPS that are out there at the moment.
  53. ErikuK.
    May 19, 2006
    Great realistic game play, wonderful maps and overall great game. Its the game that made me become an active FPS player again.
  54. MatthewH.
    May 21, 2006
    So realistic you'll want to thank those who fought in our place!
  55. AlanS.
    May 3, 2006
    I found red orchestra to be highly realistic, unlike most tactical shooters we've seen in this day and age. Although I didn't favor that it was on the unreal engine, it still is very non-linear, strategic, and fun to play.
  56. JaniM.
    May 30, 2006
    Best War-Simulation i've ever played!
  57. GlenF.
    May 4, 2006
    Best WW2 shooter out there. The graphics may be slightly out of date but they are still nice(gameplay>graphics). The game is highly realistic and the best gun model/ animations out of any WW2 FPS. If you like games like CSS this my not be your cup of tea. I suggest giving it a try anyway, if you're looking for a realistic WW2 experience.
  58. JasonH.
    May 6, 2006
    If you like realism this game is for you. This game is better than the noob filled bf2.
  59. JackC.
    May 7, 2006
    It takes not only skill, but brains as well. An awesome combination that makes this game, the best land sim. of the year.
  60. StarikIP.
    May 9, 2006
    First somehow shocking, the game made me feel something I have not experienced since I played 'Thief' and WWII Online. I was scared and run for my life like the boy from the 'Red badge of courage' did in the first battle. Well, I've managed to survive and turned back, but the Call of Duty and all BFs got wiped off from my HD permanently: R.I.P.
  61. CT
    Jun 21, 2006
    not for rookies... this game requires patience and skill. bunny hopping wont save you. spamming bullets wont save you. this game separates the men from the boys. not for arcade style gamers. dont expect hopping to save you.
  62. CaseyPetty
    Jun 24, 2006
    Most realistic game I have ever seen. This is the way FPS are ment to be. The physics and geometry is amoung the best Ive ever seen. Very nice work tripwire, Countinue to send us superb FPS's...

... BTW Jay the tank damage is really accurate, and loading time isnt the game but the quality of your computer, mine runs it quite quik and smooth. Maybe you just need a better comp...
  63. NikR.
    Jun 7, 2006
    This game is magnificent. The realism and action blows me away.
  64. LeonK.
    Jul 31, 2006
    I didnt bought the game yet, but i think im going to do after steams 5 day RO trial. But the fact that the servers should be very empty, is annoying, maybe someone who knows the game can tell me if its true, after seeing the trailers i loved the game.
  65. HeinzB.
    Jul 5, 2006
    Best infantry & tank simulation going. While it does have some flaws in modeling, it is by far the most technically accurate fps currently available.
  66. AnonymousMC
    Jul 7, 2006
    I love this game! If you're really tired of Battlefield 2's "click Z fest", bunny hopping, spawn camping, instant proning and more then this game is for you! And to the guy who said the guys who gave this game a high rating haven't play bf2: we did, and we hate bunny hoppers and we got better things to do than invest time in pixeleted ribbons.
  67. JoseM.
    Aug 2, 2006
    If you loved Enemy at the Gates or All Quiet on the Western Front, then this is the game for you. Brutally realistic with a harsh learning curve but rewarding and with a tight-knit community that works together like a fine tuned warmachine (usually) Red Orchestra Ostfront is 100% nerves of steel and icewater blood combat. Instead of the rabbit-like pace you get in other games that are If you loved Enemy at the Gates or All Quiet on the Western Front, then this is the game for you. Brutally realistic with a harsh learning curve but rewarding and with a tight-knit community that works together like a fine tuned warmachine (usually) Red Orchestra Ostfront is 100% nerves of steel and icewater blood combat. Instead of the rabbit-like pace you get in other games that are full of nonsense, RO:O forces you to move from cover to cover, outsmart foes, and take your time. It takes patience to like this game but if you are ready to actually put some effort into your gaming and lay down cover fire instead of runing in guns blazing this is one game you'll like. Expand
  68. SeanK.
    Aug 3, 2006
    G4 TV is a piece of crap with immature wannabie gamers who play xbox games all day. This game is awesome, buy it now!!!
  69. FabioL.
    Aug 8, 2006
    This game is excellent,and while some players may not have the nerve to step into a real war(most wouldn't) this is as close as it gets,and anyone who isn't used to (or isn't ready to) having a truly realistic experience,might not be capable of truly enjoying this game.The game might require a WW2 fanatism,and a real desire to get down on the ground and dirty on the This game is excellent,and while some players may not have the nerve to step into a real war(most wouldn't) this is as close as it gets,and anyone who isn't used to (or isn't ready to) having a truly realistic experience,might not be capable of truly enjoying this game.The game might require a WW2 fanatism,and a real desire to get down on the ground and dirty on the job,with true teamwork and tactics.Rambo loners will find this game impossible to solo,without a crosshair or medpacks,and usually teamdependant,they will have the (worst) time of their lives.The truly teamoriented players and WW2 fans will enjoy this game to it's fullest,and that's alot of potential.With a caring Developer team,and a dedicated community,you will find "from 1 to none" disturbing or annoying players.Altough there is only one "Game mode"',it isn't meant to be though as one.It is actually the game itself.There are no germans shooting germans in the war (deathmatch).The war by no means depends on who took the enemy flag from the pole(ctf).This is a realistic gamemode where "roles"(classes) are only present according to historically accurate reports that they were present.With a continuos effort to improve the game,and an everlasting flame of fun in the community and the forums,this game is the best for a joyfull minority. Expand
  70. AnonymousMC
    Aug 8, 2006
    Best FPS that's come out to date! No crosshair and innacurrate guns make it so you really have to brace your gun; that's right you can lean your gun on any surface to reduce recoil and gain accuracy! As for people saying the gameplay is slow, one bullet in the chest from any gun kills you DEAD, so the trench warfare is the most intense, action packed part of any game I'veBest FPS that's come out to date! No crosshair and innacurrate guns make it so you really have to brace your gun; that's right you can lean your gun on any surface to reduce recoil and gain accuracy! As for people saying the gameplay is slow, one bullet in the chest from any gun kills you DEAD, so the trench warfare is the most intense, action packed part of any game I've played (save Rumblebox) and the only time the gameplay is slow, is when your too scared from the bullets whizzing past your head that you have to go and head!
    The sounds are super-realistic; when played on a high-end sound system the guns sound REAL all this adds to the atmosphere to bring you into the game.

I might add one thing, after 2 minutes of play I switched iron-sights aim to right-click and melee to middle-click and everything became intuitive!
  71. Tiger
    Aug 8, 2006
    This game is brilliant. I'ts like they took every feature I found missing in every other popular fps and rolled it into one! Furthermore it's the only game I've seen with balanced vehicle play. The graphics are excellent, and the loading isn't problem at all, though some people with less RAM may need to turn of Precaching in their config files to speed it up a bit. One This game is brilliant. I'ts like they took every feature I found missing in every other popular fps and rolled it into one! Furthermore it's the only game I've seen with balanced vehicle play. The graphics are excellent, and the loading isn't problem at all, though some people with less RAM may need to turn of Precaching in their config files to speed it up a bit. One other thing is the animations in this game, they're brilliant. The soldiers and weapons look like they could be straight out of a WW2 documentary! All in all I'd say this is the best FPS ever made. With continual updates and new maps it's only going to get better. Don't think about it too much, just buy it! Now! Expand
  72. EdwardS.
    Sep 15, 2006
    This is a great game without a fault. From ranged battlefields with tanks and anti-tank soldiers capturing objectives. To the close combat trenches. The atmosphere is anything but the best, weapons have different sounds for the distant at which you are from them, so they don't just get quieter, but they change to how you'd expect and you end up getting the great sound effects This is a great game without a fault. From ranged battlefields with tanks and anti-tank soldiers capturing objectives. To the close combat trenches. The atmosphere is anything but the best, weapons have different sounds for the distant at which you are from them, so they don't just get quieter, but they change to how you'd expect and you end up getting the great sound effects you'd expect. Gives it a great feel... Not like the fake background sounds some games have this is the real thing! The weapons are spot on! Expand
  73. KoozieK.
    Jan 15, 2007
    Ownage, pure and simple. Easily the most realistic WWII shooter, heck FPS, out there. Very fun, very addicting, and VERY well-done. Teamwork is the most important aspect of the game, especially in vehicles seeing as, like in RL, you can't do 50 things in a vehicle; you can drive OR shoot. You may get owned, not because of they have more skill, but just for their choice of weapon Ownage, pure and simple. Easily the most realistic WWII shooter, heck FPS, out there. Very fun, very addicting, and VERY well-done. Teamwork is the most important aspect of the game, especially in vehicles seeing as, like in RL, you can't do 50 things in a vehicle; you can drive OR shoot. You may get owned, not because of they have more skill, but just for their choice of weapon compared to yours. My hat's off to Tripwire, great job. Expand
  74. MikelL.
    Oct 18, 2007
    The game has even realism in the moment of pointing and shooting it's realy great when you are an on foot soldier. It's also great that you can drive tanks despite they are quite simple to manage and I wold have liked them a bit more realistic working maner. Perhaps the next will be to inclued plains or ships, if any simulator realy started thinking about global war fare in an The game has even realism in the moment of pointing and shooting it's realy great when you are an on foot soldier. It's also great that you can drive tanks despite they are quite simple to manage and I wold have liked them a bit more realistic working maner. Perhaps the next will be to inclued plains or ships, if any simulator realy started thinking about global war fare in an action "simulation" game, this could be the one. Great game, thats the truth. Expand
  75. MikeG.
    Dec 7, 2007
    Very cool. I've played ALOT of games - This is the most FUN game I've ever had. In a 50 person online game it's unbelevable! Best game by far. I can't believe it's ONLY 19.95 from steam. I'd pay 49.95. It takes a few more hours to get used to the realism and iron sights than other games - But you get a "FEEL" for this game environment that is the BEST EVER Very cool. I've played ALOT of games - This is the most FUN game I've ever had. In a 50 person online game it's unbelevable! Best game by far. I can't believe it's ONLY 19.95 from steam. I'd pay 49.95. It takes a few more hours to get used to the realism and iron sights than other games - But you get a "FEEL" for this game environment that is the BEST EVER gaming experience. Expand
  76. SebastianB
    Oct 30, 2007
    The best game ever!
  77. RollandB.
    Feb 7, 2007
    The greatest WW2 experience EVER! Totally accurate, and its great to see the eastern front for once, gawd, so much god dam fun once u get good at a specialization!
  78. PavelM.
    Mar 13, 2007
    Unmatched realism for those who crave for it.
  79. RussM.
    Mar 16, 2007
    RO is a great WW2 fps... that G4 review was dumb, obviously those guys at G4 don't understand decent gaming when they see it, "Con: high learning curve"? "bad AI"? come on, the game was made for online play, and a high learning curve is not a bad thing ... obviously all G4 care about is mindless deathmatch zzzz, Red Orchestra will win your heart if you give it a chance, every time RO is a great WW2 fps... that G4 review was dumb, obviously those guys at G4 don't understand decent gaming when they see it, "Con: high learning curve"? "bad AI"? come on, the game was made for online play, and a high learning curve is not a bad thing ... obviously all G4 care about is mindless deathmatch zzzz, Red Orchestra will win your heart if you give it a chance, every time you get a kill with your rifle you feel good. Expand
  80. JensF.
    May 11, 2007
    Very exciting game. Historic value, breathtaking action and best teamplay ever in any shooter.
  81. CodyG.
    May 13, 2007
    very good graphics
  82. Horscht
    Jun 21, 2007
    For realism and/or ww2 freakz the best game ever. with the free avaiable mods and mutators and the community-based development team a star in the fps skies.
  83. JoeE.
    Jul 14, 2007
    Great balance between realisim and "twitch" FPS play, with the recently added ability to play with 50 people per map the fun has greatly increased!
  84. EricL.
    Aug 16, 2007
    Finally a game that brings the reality of tank combat into play. I'm extreamly pleased to finaly see the use of High-Explosive & Armor piercing rounds. With out getting out of hand: This game provides some much needed reality check for WW2 games, and as a ww2 history nut I'm blown away with entusiasim. Thank you!
  85. ThomasT.
    Aug 4, 2007
    Realistic game and good graphics , Thumbs up!
  86. ChrisB.
    Sep 16, 2007
    This game is the pinnacle of realism. It offers it all, Tanks,Cannons,Iron sites and actually takes skill to get a kill. This game is awsome.
  87. Ridds
    Sep 9, 2007
    Played it since the first beta of the UT mod, and been playing it ever since. I've tried loads of other fps games, and none of them have ever gotten close to the experience RO gives. And to those that post silly comments like 'ironsights stolen from other games' 'no crosshairs' or the most stupid one I've read of all 'based on DoD:S cuz DoD:S was out Played it since the first beta of the UT mod, and been playing it ever since. I've tried loads of other fps games, and none of them have ever gotten close to the experience RO gives. And to those that post silly comments like 'ironsights stolen from other games' 'no crosshairs' or the most stupid one I've read of all 'based on DoD:S cuz DoD:S was out first and WW2 as well'... next time, before you post, plz do some checking of facts first. If anything, I've seen a lot of ideas that were first implemented in RO back in its UT mod days implemented in all kinds of games, exactly the games that you seem to are so cool and original. In short, a lot of people are dismayed with this game as it actually takes skill to play it, unlike more hyped games like cod and dod, where u just spray and pray and bunnyhop your way through. Expand
  88. JoeD.
    Jan 3, 2008
    It's a truly unique game, which I've had for a while now, the maps allow lots of variety, and will keep a player occupied for a very long time. The thing that really makes this different is the added touch of realism. Definately a must buy.
  89. AndrewB.
    Mar 14, 2008
    I love this game I will never go back to Cod again the graphics are great and most computers can run it on high and even on lower settings it looks great and the tankings great best tanking ive ever seen I love the sniper scope to the sounds are great and the weapons look real the soldiers look good and theres lots of tactical gameplay and teamwork along with the realism the only problem I love this game I will never go back to Cod again the graphics are great and most computers can run it on high and even on lower settings it looks great and the tankings great best tanking ive ever seen I love the sniper scope to the sounds are great and the weapons look real the soldiers look good and theres lots of tactical gameplay and teamwork along with the realism the only problem I have with this game is the bots are very very stupid but other wise this game is great they also are about to release a north Africa mod as well theres going to be a Normandy mod all fronts this is the forgotten hope and cod killer and its in expensive plus theres over 50 maps and virtually no bugs a must buy! Expand
  90. JohnW.
    Apr 13, 2008
    Now there are free MODS coming in from several modders - the betas for Carpathian Crosses and Mare Nostrum are out - and Darkest Hours (Normandy) is due out in May. I'd hate to overhype this game - But I love it! The best WWII game out - the online experience is wonderful - the sound is fantastic - the are teams and competitions - everything - Want to satchel a Tiger in town Now there are free MODS coming in from several modders - the betas for Carpathian Crosses and Mare Nostrum are out - and Darkest Hours (Normandy) is due out in May. I'd hate to overhype this game - But I love it! The best WWII game out - the online experience is wonderful - the sound is fantastic - the are teams and competitions - everything - Want to satchel a Tiger in town fighting? You can do it. Want to call in artillery? You can do it. Want to be a sniper - fire a machine gun, semiautomatic, bolt action, submachinegun, panzerfausts (like a bazooka) etc? You can do it! Intense online battles 24/7. There are new maps showing up all of the time - Every week its like Christmas with a new map - ha! Anyway - If you ever wanted a great WWII game - this is it. *(and it's just $20. from Steam). Expand
  91. NathanialB.
    May 27, 2008
    I really love this game. Real life tank and car functions. When your a sniper you'll see the scope and the gun at the same time. That is awesome. I wish it had American and British teams to. So far this is my favorite game. I have played it before at my grandpa's, but I don't have it. I realy wish I did. I am 14 years old and I have been in a clan for 4 years. That was just I really love this game. Real life tank and car functions. When your a sniper you'll see the scope and the gun at the same time. That is awesome. I wish it had American and British teams to. So far this is my favorite game. I have played it before at my grandpa's, but I don't have it. I realy wish I did. I am 14 years old and I have been in a clan for 4 years. That was just some extra info. Well bye. Expand
  92. MatthewT.
    May 5, 2008
    Tank combat at it's best, no question.
  93. LeanneL.
    May 6, 2008
    This game is great, no, awesome to play once you get the hang of it. It's very realistic too!
  94. JoonasP.
    May 7, 2008
    Played 1 year now. Best game. Best clan fights. Carpathian Crosses and many more mods. Realistic enough. Grenades really kills you. DoD isn't nothing compared to this game. Red Orchestra for life!
  95. SasA.
    Jul 9, 2008
    The every best realistic WW2 FPS game. Who hate that.... So, they can't loose or they are very very freak persons.
  96. gametester
    Jan 6, 2009
    Best WWII game ever seen ! Just buy it, 10 $ is not a fortune.
  97. TobusL
    Mar 16, 2009
    Best online experience available, IF you like realism to a certain degree. The only gripes I have is that it is built on Unreal3 engine, which makes it impossible to destroy environment. This makes tanks bounce to a halt on little wooden fences and some such. Other than that, it rewards players for cooperating. Camping in a corner to get kills will get you killed and fail to get you Best online experience available, IF you like realism to a certain degree. The only gripes I have is that it is built on Unreal3 engine, which makes it impossible to destroy environment. This makes tanks bounce to a halt on little wooden fences and some such. Other than that, it rewards players for cooperating. Camping in a corner to get kills will get you killed and fail to get you points. A kill is 1 point, helping defending or capturing a point 10 points, resupplying teammates with MG's 5. Teamplay is everything and te atmosphere it creates is what sets RO apart from the common herd of shooters. And the best thing? Because of this, the servers are filled with people who crave this. The 13 year old, abuse yelling kiddies will not be found playing this game, which I find a relief. Expand
  98. FireBladeX
    Apr 15, 2009
    Perfect game!
  99. James
    Jul 8, 2009
    The best multiplayer I have come across. A lot of fun even if you're stuck with a bolt action (as long as you know how to use it).
  100. JonasB.
    Nov 1, 2006
    The game lets me feel that I am in the real WW2, its very realistic and fun.

1. I absolutely love the attention Tripwire has given to the small details in the game.
    There's very little gameyness in RO and a whole lot of gritty crawling along the ground so you can flank over to that machine gunner and allow your team to advance to the next spawn point objective.
  3. Red Orchestra is an enjoyable, team-based online shooter for those who like the Battlefield-style games but want a more technical and realistic experience.