7.3

1. Jun 9, 2013
    Acceptable fighting system, good story, AWESOME panorama, very good graphics, but It felt SO INCREDIBLY LIMITING. Every minute of playing I encountered a door I couldn't open, a ledge I couldn't grapple on, a 30cm box I could jump above, and on and on and on. I liked the concept, but I really couldn't stand the fact that the whole game was made a corridor. Acceptable game nonetheless. TheAcceptable fighting system, good story, AWESOME panorama, very good graphics, but It felt SO INCREDIBLY LIMITING. Every minute of playing I encountered a door I couldn't open, a ledge I couldn't grapple on, a 30cm box I could jump above, and on and on and on. I liked the concept, but I really couldn't stand the fact that the whole game was made a corridor. Acceptable game nonetheless. The Neo Paris panorama was gorgeous, the graphics when maxed out were gorgeous, and the music awesome. If only I didn't feel I was in a very long cage the whole time I played it... Expand
  2. Jan 1, 2014
    I enjoyed this game. The visuals are super. The audio was a bit scary as the cutting-out and repeat in music made me think my machine was having trouble; but no, it is just the way the sound is composed. The customizable combos might be a good idea, but I ended up using the 2-length punch combo all the time. Some boss fights were annoying a bit and had to look up the solution. Remixing wasI enjoyed this game. The visuals are super. The audio was a bit scary as the cutting-out and repeat in music made me think my machine was having trouble; but no, it is just the way the sound is composed. The customizable combos might be a good idea, but I ended up using the 2-length punch combo all the time. Some boss fights were annoying a bit and had to look up the solution. Remixing was fun and I managed to "accidentally" get some extra achievements with them. The story is interesting and the corridor-like gameplay didn't disturb me at all. Some aspects reminded me of Bungie's old action game Oni (2001). I bought it on a sale but was well worth the money. Expand
  3. Jul 14, 2013
    When you not feeling ADHD, and u can concentrate -and let something take you and float you, move you. This game is A MA ZING experience. You get to that other world! -rather than rage in Dota LoL or CS -As a guy who plays dota cs over 8 hours a day and studies about other 8 hours, game programming, im telling you- its a game that frees you for a moment and takes you away!
  4. Jun 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Story and world are overall very engaging. Presented both fast pace and slow take it slow when it's supposed to be fast and you DIE, take it fast when it's supposed to be slow and you miss out on the beauty and the world. The game even helps you pay attention to the little things; if you walk up to a window or a newsflash, the camera will fill the screen and the audio will adjust to focus. It's fairly clear when the game is supposed to be fast and when it's supposed to be slow, there's a lot of hand-holding throughout the game. Inherently there are signs and markers everywhere justified in-world by the SenSen, but there's also a lot of popups that hint what you're supposed to do.

That being said, there managed to be some [gameplay] portions weren't very clear so immersion was broken as I reloaded to checkpoint six or seven times attempting to figure out the correct pattern. Certain lethal mechanics will happen without notice and chances are you won't get them right the first time. As it contrasts so highly with most of the rest of the hand-holding, I can't help but see those unclear points as a design choice. A choice which I can understand since the absence makes things feel more urgent, butt a choice don't entirely agree with. Might end up being a controls problem though.

On linearity, game actually pulls it over on you a couple of times. As there is no custom save setting, often it starts to feel like there's only one thing to do, then it hits you that there was some other thing two paths, one to some bonus and one to the next checkpoint, and you don't know which is which. No hard feelings here though, as I don't agree with the convention that the player should always be able to backtrack. Felt like there was constant motion in the presentation. (Except when the previously mentioned lethal mechanics happen.)

Fighting is pretty fun once you have enough moves to fill up three combos, and/or when you have enough focus to execute multiple specials. Before that, it's somewhat monotonous. Simple, not the best, but mostly fun nonetheless.

Collectibles get linearly more difficult. Puzzles I'm not sure if they're supposed to get easier or harder some of them I figured out instantly, others I had to attempt several times to figure it out. Some enemy types create great difficulty initially, then are reasonable once you figure them out. Other enemy types seem like just decoration or space-takers. The way reinforcements file in is pretty comical and could probably have been done better.

For the most part I got used to the music by the end, so it didn't seem too amazing (I blazed through it in one go), but when I first heard it it was amazing. I am sure it will be amazing again when I do another playthrough.

>>>SPOILERS >>>
    Biggest disappointment was in characters. Most characters are simply temporary, and are less like people more like events. I forgot Olga existed by the end of the game. Random bounty hunter shows up after you get the glove, then becomes your friend, and then serves as your taxi two times and that's it. There are ways to temporarily introduce characters well; Frank and Alexia were fine and they had even less screentime than Olga. But most NAMED characters just aren't presented in this way and don't seem to matter, they seem like plot devices and only plot devices. Governor of Bastille I remember as some boss with a powerful cane. Xmas Kid as a buff guy with gold teeth. Tommy as some resident. There are some human connections, but there doesn't seem to be enough. I should not feel more intimate with a certain random enemy type. "Remember You Soon", well, I am more likely to remember Maggie.
  5. Jun 7, 2013
    Remember me is a great story, experience and world, wrapped in mediocre gameplay.

The World and Story are simply beautiful, and made me simply want to explore every part of it. The graphics are beautiful, although there is an odd film grain, which can be removed via some PC Hacks. The combat is... average. It's not bad, but not particularly great either. You can make up your own

The combat is... average. It's not bad, but not particularly great either. You can make up your own combos in the combo lab, but it doesn't really make that much of a difference, and i didn't find myself ever changing them like the game had wanted me to. The gameplay isn't bad though, and I personally don't experience what others are saying about the dodge button not working properly, it works well and dodges things for me.

There are some small annoyances though, but i wouldn't miss the game simply because of these small issues. Give it a chance if you like a good story and a futuristic world.

Not game of the year, but
  6. Jun 10, 2013
    Engaging, interesting and nicely put together. The underlying story makes for a slightly linear experience and this is more than compensated for by the feel and fine touches of the overall environment and setting. It is also nice to play a game that is not North American in that the differences in culture and value show through the choices and interactions you have. A little too console inEngaging, interesting and nicely put together. The underlying story makes for a slightly linear experience and this is more than compensated for by the feel and fine touches of the overall environment and setting. It is also nice to play a game that is not North American in that the differences in culture and value show through the choices and interactions you have. A little too console in controls for me and some of the combos are not easy to understand/execute. All said, most enjoyable and I expect to be replaying it over the next while. Expand
  7. Jun 18, 2013
    Remember me is not a game, but a interactive movie! Just a corridor, that the player may wish to follow, and all for a rather average scenario. I dont recommend this game!!!! :s
  8. Jan 6, 2014
    I'm absolutely amazed by this game, i loved the graphics the gameplay, the combat with combos. Without any doubt play it and pick it up.... The soundtrack was an amaze it always kept the feel of it... even tho it has some minuses, just because it was my best gaming experience i will rate it a ten out of ten
  9. Jun 8, 2013
    not a bad game worth playing its not nearly as bad as some of the below 5 points are making it out to be.The story is not bad the fighting mechanics are OK could of been better all in all its average as i said worth playing at least once.
  10. Jun 19, 2013
    Overall I would say that Remember Me is an entertaining sci-fi action game that is flawed in areas and fails to reach it's true potential.

Visually it is a very striking game that avoids being overly stylistic and provides plenty of beautiful environments and high tech eye candy. Unfortunately the scenery is just that, scenery that you look at it in the background as the gameplay is quite linear. This game is much more linear than say the recent release The Last of Us. The gameplay consists of a mix of platforming ala Assassin's Creed and Uncharted but with a lot less freedom to explore. Check that, almost no freedom to explore; there is just the bare minimum of side paths which are very minimal in depth themselves. While I was disappointed that this was not a more open world type of game it did not cause me to quit playing. The story, characters, settings, voice acting and dialogue were all done well enough to keep me immersed in the game.

The combat is akin to fighting games and the ability to more or less make up your own combos (within the scope of the preset combo templates) adds to the customization of the combat. The different categories of hand and foot attacks by way of straight damage/regeneration/power build up/combo modifier adds a layer of strategy to the combo building. The special powers each feel different enough although there were some I didn't use beyond the mandatory tutorial parts. The fights themselves get pretty formulaic however, combat is mostly setup as locked of rooms of enemies that must be defeated to move on. Enemy grouping is fairly patterned as well, with boss fights at the end of most levels. Fortunately, each boss fight feels mostly unique although each individual boss fight follows a fairly standard pattern of attack sequences followed by QTE's to finish off the fight.

The dialogue writing is a bit weak at times, but the characters are interesting enough and the relationships between them develop fairly well throughout the story to make the game as much character driven as it is story and setting driven. The memory remixing is a neat element of the game that while I feel it could have been used a lot more in an open world setting, I do think that this aspect is integrated into the gameplay enough to feel organic to the story and not forced.

This game has the look of a AAA game, but I don't feel it is quite up to the standard of AAA games. The length of the gameplay varies from 6-10 hours on average depending on your play style. Not quite worth the $50 price tag, feels more like it should have cost closer to $30.
  11. Jun 16, 2013
    Remember Me is a special game. You love it or you hate it. No mid point. For me, is one of the best SCIFI games i played in the last months. Great Story, well telled, nothing surprising, but if story still good, it's not a problem. Good hack & slash gameplay, very arcade style, and i realy don't care about 0 exploration on maps, keep in mind'a that a very linear arcade with a very linearRemember Me is a special game. You love it or you hate it. No mid point. For me, is one of the best SCIFI games i played in the last months. Great Story, well telled, nothing surprising, but if story still good, it's not a problem. Good hack & slash gameplay, very arcade style, and i realy don't care about 0 exploration on maps, keep in mind'a that a very linear arcade with a very linear story. Try to think about this game like a good SCIFI movie with interactive combats. In other hand you have the puzzles (simples, that's true) and the remix memories ones. This is a realy good feature of this game and i miss had some more of them. On tecnical side graphics are correct (very well polished ones in most cases) and a amazing sound track. I realy enjoyed this game. But like all things, it's only my subjective opinion. Like i said at begin, you can love this game, or just hate it, but it's a realy good start point for a new studio. Expand
  12. Jun 11, 2013
    Greatly under-rated game. I think too many people have a stick up their ass since the release of Bioshock infinite and other brilliant games. This game isn't perfect, but it does have a great story, visuals and setting. The combat isn't great, however I did find it challenging in parts and enjoyable enough for me to play at least 6 hours straight (I think I spent 9-10 hours completing it).Greatly under-rated game. I think too many people have a stick up their ass since the release of Bioshock infinite and other brilliant games. This game isn't perfect, but it does have a great story, visuals and setting. The combat isn't great, however I did find it challenging in parts and enjoyable enough for me to play at least 6 hours straight (I think I spent 9-10 hours completing it).

I recommend playing this game, however don't play it if you're expecting the next Bioshock Infinite.
  13. Jun 30, 2013
    I really wanted to like this game but I cant. The graphics are good. The music is awesome. The world is fantastic. But the gameplay is a disaster. Linear gameplay is good but what is to much is to much. The fight system is boring and repetitive. The climbing is even more boring then the fighting. Sadly I cant recommend it.
  14. Jul 10, 2013
    Very rarely do you find a game where it would have been better served to be some kind of movie. This is a game you will remember (heh) for quite some time but you won't always think of great things when it comes to this game.

First the good: this is one of the most original new worlds to come along in forever. The subject matter dealt with is wonderful and it's a clever twist on the classic amnesia backdrop. The characters aren't stellar but they move the story along just fine and the ending is wonderful and refreshing. The memory sequences you play movie director on were very fun. I personally have never done something like that so it was refreshing.

Now the bad: pretty much everything that makes this a game is average or below average. The gameplay is terrible, the poor camera got me killed multiple times at the end during combat and the platforming is pretty poor. When games like Assassin's Creed exist that have perfected the running platforming/combat mixture, there's no reason for this kind of piss poor gameplay all around. The boss battles are ok but the tacked on QTE elements added to them just show laziness on the part of the developer. This game is not God of War and QTE's in general are just so overplayed now. Plus there are only 4 of those great memory sequences in the entire game, meaning you'll experience the best part of the game less than a 1/10th of the time you play this game. There needed to be at least 3-4 more of these sequences in the game, especially toward the beginning.

With everything wrong with this game, I'd still highly recommend people playing it for the story. It's very creative and it would be a shame to allow one of the most original universes to come around in a long time be pushed aside just cause of terrible gameplay. I hope they make a sequel, or better yet, a movie along these same subject lines. This story was meant to be watched and not played and the potential for this universe to shine is very attractive. It's just a shame that a great setting and subject matter have to be bogged down by gameplay elements that are very subpar. Wait for this game to go on sale, which it already has at this point, to pick this up but definitely pick this up and play through it. It's a treat, maybe a soggy mess, but it's still a treat.
  15. Jun 9, 2013
    Excellent industrial design, great music and an unusual, interesting history.

-Limited exploration
    -Linear
    -Lack of branching story line
    -Capcom's inevitable marketing practices e.g DLC
    -Very slow start
  16. Jun 14, 2013
    It's a game of hits and misses. The combat system initially presents itself as intuitive and free flowing but soon you realize how run of the mill it really is. The game has a great atmosphere with great colouring and depth but then has you essentially on rails the whole game. Graphically this game is quite impressive on the PC. The movement system is so stuck in the past its disturbing.It's a game of hits and misses. The combat system initially presents itself as intuitive and free flowing but soon you realize how run of the mill it really is. The game has a great atmosphere with great colouring and depth but then has you essentially on rails the whole game. Graphically this game is quite impressive on the PC. The movement system is so stuck in the past its disturbing. At the end of the day this game results simply in pretentious twaddle that is meaningless and for a game that is story heavy this is unforgivable. Expand
  17. Jun 5, 2013
    The best feature of "Remember Me" is undoubtedly memory changing, it's original, creative and the only reason why I won't call this game "boredom"! I'm really surprised that combat is so frustrating, just poor imitation of Arkham Asylum! I expected mush more from this game, but it has potential
  18. Jun 9, 2013
    Beautiful environments and an interesting cyberpunk plot are completely let down by absolutely TERRIBLE GAMEPLAY. It's almost like they didn't do any play testing before release. Such a disappointment.

Can't recommend that anyone buys this unless they enjoy being constantly frustrated by imbecilic controls, ill-placed autosave points, ridiculously slow reloads, unforgiving and repetitive combat, painful QTEs and utterly pointless climbing sections where you basically just follow on-screen instructions.

To the art and story designers my sincerest commiserations, it was a great concept. As for the gameplay devs, you deserve a fate worse than death: you should be forced to play your own game for the rest of time!
  19. Jun 10, 2013
    The platforming starts out with a generic ledge shuffle, but progressively includes more and more tools your spammer can break weak obstacles, tractor objects around to change the puzzle, and yank the energy out of one mechanism so you can dump it into another mechanism in order to advance the puzzle (kind of like carrying around a companion cube, if it was a blaze of glowing lightThe platforming starts out with a generic ledge shuffle, but progressively includes more and more tools your spammer can break weak obstacles, tractor objects around to change the puzzle, and yank the energy out of one mechanism so you can dump it into another mechanism in order to advance the puzzle (kind of like carrying around a companion cube, if it was a blaze of glowing light wrapping your arm that could be fired from a distance). Using stolen memories is incorporated with all of these tools, so the gameplay you get in the second half of the game is far more developed than what you see in the pre-release trailers, which focus on the early levels.

I’ve heard people complaining about how the game shows you what ledge to jump to, and I have to say so does every other game. Usually ledges are lit, colored or textured differently, or they just stand the hell out. Remember Me just uses a different mechanism. The game also tricks the player a few times; when I stop and really look around, I'll see another jump marker that was just off screen that I would have missed had I been simply following prompted jumps, and that other marker leads me to a powerup reward. And some markers fail under you, leaving Nilin to take a tumble a mechanism that isn't used frequently enough for you to come to expect it, which is good.

Loved the combat, gaining moves as rewards for accumulating XP. Once you get a serious arsenal Nilin' will be stringing spectacular movements together into a buttkicking ballet that you can reinvent whenever you want by changing animation and effect (again, this a completely different animal in the second half of the game because you have so many more moves and abilities). Upon replay you can keep all of the moves you purchased in your previous run-through. More advanced enemies keep the difficulty interesting; I particularly like the guards whose electrified armor hurts you when you hit them, and the invisible buggers you have to reveal before you can take them on. You will use every tool you are given.

And of course Nilin and Neo Paris look great, from the classic architecture to the sci fi archologies to the plates of rats the street vendors sell in the slums (I am playing on a powerful PC, so take that into consideration). The beauty is mostly to look at, not interact with, so if the inability to kick cardboard boxes around and stand on tables is a dealbreaker for you, then get used to disappointment.

I was expecting a far worse game based on the reviews I've read, usually in the vein of "It falls short" (falls short of what? Of perfection? Of failure? Falls short of fun? Is it fun? It is fun, by the way). Upon playthrough I found that many statements in those reviews are factually incorrect. I don't mean a difference of opinion, but statements like "the game doesn't do this" when it actually does, as if they wrote the review after playing only an hour of it, or they based their opinion on the pre-release videos. What you see in the early game is just a platform on which the late-game is built. It's a little embarrassing actually, as if all these guys solemnly said "Halo is set on the Pillar of Autumn, and we feel this makes the game fall short".

Dontnod is small and new and they've made a game bigger than themselves. It’s beautiful, it’s fun, and it does powerful things with its ideas. I say get it.
  20. Jun 12, 2013
    "Remember Me" is just not good enough for today's market.
    It looks good but technically it is backward. This affects the poor control, the "invisible" story, hose level, and the narrowness of the level.

Something you can not throw it on the market.
  21. Jul 7, 2014
    When I started the game, I thought: why didn't receive at least 90%. The setting, the design looked great. Later I realized why...
    I was a big fan, in the old days, of the " french touch", they had great creative ideas. The problem was they spent all their fuel into design, and none of it left for the game itself...
    In RM what was missing was the game itself. It is a dumb console port,
    In RM what was missing was the game itself. It is a dumb console port, with dumb console controls not translated into PC, with dumb checkpoint system. It is one of the many games that want to make itself longer by using checkpoints, so you have to do stuff, you already done, again and again. After a while this game became a chore. It gets harder and harder, and if you fail, you can start over (ingame videos included). By the time I got to the Madame boss, I was fed up with the endless buttons smashing, these developers call "fight". Somewhat later I gave up and the story just wasn't interesting enough to torture myself more.
    Remember me had great ideas, really good design, but as a game it fails miserably.
  22. Jan 8, 2014
    A hugely underrated game, this one is a good indication of why a game's worth should not be reduced to a single [metacritic] number.

This game tells a story. A story about a distopia where memories are commodity for desperate junkies, and the rich. It's full of references and quotations from famous literary writers and philosophers (from Balzac to Simone de Beauvoir). This narrative is also very well executed, and enriched with awesome graphics and an extremely fun combat system.

So why the low general score? The only negative issues I've seen target the game's linearity and hance the lack of replayability caused by it. I guess people judge games by their value of being potentially the only game to play for the rest of their lives, nowadays. Bugs are close to nonexistent or too minor to take any notice.

If you're into the concept of memories and a good distopic narrative that tells about it in an artistic manner sounds intriguing, this game is for you.
  23. Feb 12, 2015
    It's been minutes since I finished this game and this game left me with so many impressions that, for the first time, I felt obligated to write a video game review.

Story/Dialogue/Characters... What seems at the beginning as a classical revenge motivated story line, evolves into a tale of guilt and the importance of confronting your pain, the price we pay to achieve our goals, of our identity and how a single event can drastically alter who you are. Nillin is an outstanding protagonist, her monologue is brilliant from the start, when she trashes inside the coffin her panic and anxiety is palpable, her reunion with her family gave me one of the most emotional experiences I've had in any game... If you love video games that stay with you long after you play it, then you simply cannot miss out this one. I would put it even on the same level with Last of Us, which is longer and overall better written, but was less original and more predictable. Only thing that was bit detracting from experience was some voice acting on english version( Nillin VA is exceptional though) and few characters like Kid X'mas and Madame that felt more like Austin Powers villains, compared to overall tone of this game.
    Graphics/Environment Design/Art Style... simply put this is the best realized cyberpunk and most immersive setting of our close future in any game. Graphics are excellent(although I would have liked an option to remove film grain) but the environmental design is where this game really shines. Robotics and smart technology is everywhere, design of life spaces is completely spot on, transparent floors,etc... You can clearly see, how designers didn't simply rush into this and really investigated what our life in 50 or so years would be like. If you love games with great atmosphere, that pull you to another space and time, then you're in the right place here.
    Gameplay...Overall it feels like simplified version of Assassin's Creed platforming and Arkham series combat with a few ideas of it's own. The movement between environment felt a bit restrictive with a clear follow the marker line, that the game could do without. Combat is less complex with no block or parry feature, but animations are top notch with well executed kill moves and the ability to create your own combos with different effects, which is a nice addition to the genre. You also develop several unique abilities like stealth, AOE stun, control drone etc... to complement pure fighting game. Overall, on the highest difficulty, it was simple but challenging, quite addictive fun without ever becoming frustrating... the only thing I would have liked to see is more agressive AI from common enemies, while allowing Nillin to continue her combos from one to the next.
    Performance and Stability...It runs very smoothly, no FPS drops, crashes,zero bugs... I've encountered only one glitch during platforming that reload fixed and that's just about it. No complaints.
    Final Impression... I expected poorly optimized game and riddled with bugs , or an ending similar Mass Effect style that leaves a sour impression on the overall game, anything to explain how something of this quality was almost unnoticed, but I stil don't get it. RM could definitely use more complexity when it comes to combat or platforming, or allowed us some storyline Deus Ex choices, as well as expanded environments with more alternate paths... but what this game also offers is fantastic atmosphere and amazing environmental design where it's second to none, provocative tale and one of the most unique and engaging protagonists in any game, while adding it's own innovations like combat style customization and memory altering mechanic.
    Trust me on this, this is a game whose only real failure is that it values quality over quantity and substance over form as well as offers unique ideas of it's own to an industry where creative design is of little interest...like Masquerade Bloodlines and similar games, this game has a unique quality that will take years to be recognized.
  24. Jan 20, 2015
    This is by far one of my favourite games ever. The storyline is fantastic, the art is beautiful and the mechanics to set up your combos for fights are unique. The controls can be a little awkward due to the often bad camera angles but as a big fan of Capcom games, you get used to it. The storyline of this game easily makes up for this anyhow. 10/10 will never forget this game :D
  25. Jun 5, 2013
    this game is awesome, the graphics, the music, the story, all of them are very engaging. Play yourself this game before listen to angry nerds whit hedonist view of games, you will not regret.
  26. Jun 5, 2013
    The game isn't that bad, the game is worth an an 7 or 8 /10, but i gave it a 10 to help counter the outrageous bad user ratings given before the game was even released, do people even know what a game rated 4 should play like?
  27. Jun 10, 2013
    My cons and pros for this game.

+Atmosphere +Design +Art Direction +Cutscenes +Music +Acting ++++Remixing Memories ++++Puzzles (2 of them but worthy) ++++++ Story +/- Combat - Cutscenes unable to skip (i don't mind but some will) - Some glitches and bugs - Confusing combat combos menu - Combos not really usefull except two maybe. I didn't even make a fourth combo -
    My cons and pros for this game.

+Atmosphere
    +Design
    +Art Direction
    +Cutscenes
    +Music
    +Acting
    ++++Remixing Memories
    ++++Puzzles (2 of them but worthy)
    ++++++ Story

+/- Combat

- Cutscenes unable to skip (i don't mind but some will)
    - Some glitches and bugs
    - Confusing combat combos menu
    - Combos not really usefull except two maybe. I didn't even make a fourth combo
    - Linear level design

So my final thought is. If DONTNOD get a chance to make a sequel they should make the level design more like Mass Effect with side quests. And they should also iron out the game and fix the combat. BUT, i applaud them for the atmosphere, story, setting, music, acting and allround feeling.
    And also, the remixing memories part and the couple riddles are always a welcome plus.

For me it deserves 8.5/10
  28. Jun 7, 2013
    I love the game. It's nice to see something with an intelligent story and innovative gameplay. It also qualifies as speculative science fiction, which can be prophetic.
  29. Jun 7, 2013
    This game is amazing. The science fiction here is better than in most movies. The graphics are good, too. And Neo Paris is the best game environment I've seen in years.

Truly, it's linear. But what is the problem? I think a good game for comparison would be Deus EX Human Revolution. And Remember is much better than DEXHR, which received great reviews. Congrats devs! Thank you Capcom!

Congrats devs! Thank you Capcom! This game is amazing, despite of the reviews.

The best game I played this year so far.
  30. Jun 4, 2013
    First, I would like to start off by saying that I loved this game. Despite numerous problems with it. Yes, the story is bad, the stiflingly linear level design, and some weird combat mechanics. Really though the game does stand out from all the other mediocre games I've played. The memory remixing sequences are a blast to do, even if they are few and far between. The combat is fun to playFirst, I would like to start off by saying that I loved this game. Despite numerous problems with it. Yes, the story is bad, the stiflingly linear level design, and some weird combat mechanics. Really though the game does stand out from all the other mediocre games I've played. The memory remixing sequences are a blast to do, even if they are few and far between. The combat is fun to play around with 95% of the time. Sometimes however the camera will move to bad positions due to the small environments. Exploration is a little disappointing, but the controls work well for platforming and jumping, sort of like Prince of Persia or Tomb Raider. The game has it's problems no doubt, but I was so amazed at what they did right I couldn't have cared less. Expand
  31. Jun 10, 2013
    Average game. Forces you to stop and start every 2mins for upgrade or plot progression. Rather pointless combo system with no real need for it. Fantastic cyberpunk world. Linear is putting it mildly. Good music. Wait for sales.
  32. Nov 2, 2013
    gave this game a 0/10 rating because i could not play the game because of all the problems i encountered...it was honestly a waste of my money and time. i never got past the skinner leaper as he never appeared no matter how many times i restarted the game, reloaded checkpoints, re installed the game, downloaded the update nothing seems to work.
  33. Jun 5, 2013
    Without a doubt, the most boring game i played in the last 2 years, i got it through steam with a gift card and oh boy was i disappointed..

Its like the game forces you to feel stupid! Its hand holding you the entire game, super easy and so boring i had to read Cracked on the side to i wont feel like i wasted 50$ (which i did) Every (extremely linear) mission is the same. you run

Every (extremely linear) mission is the same. you run climb some bars you fight (very easy fights, i failed to die once on the hardest level) for 2 minutes, rinse and repeat untill boss and then the memory reconstruction (and thats pretty cool tbh, the only cool part in the entire game)

The story could have been great tbh but i got so angry from the gameplay that my mind didnt invest. Furthermore, i HATE monologuing!! This game does it, and allot..

Great game if your a novice player just starting hes first few games and your mind is "flexible".
    godawful boring game if your a seasoned player that is here for the gameplay and story.
  34. Jun 8, 2013
    If you are a PC gamer you will be terribly dissapointed. One of the worst ports ever. Camera glitches, horrendus input lag, worst quality pre-rendered cutscenes I ever seen in like 10 years. Youtube in 360p looks better. Gameplay is boring like hell. Uber linear and corridor like game (forget about exploration). Not worth it's price at all.
  35. Jun 3, 2013
    Regardless of the previewers I think the game has a lot of potential of being a great game. Don't understand why people rate when it isnt even out yet.
  36. Jun 7, 2013
    I really liked this game so I'd give it 88/100. The visuals and art style are fantastic on the PC. Even though the game is very linear, I still enjoyed stopping to look at the environment and beautiful designs of rooms. The music is awesome and especially the main theme. Little sound effects like when you successfully pull off a combo are a nice touch as well. The story was actually veryI really liked this game so I'd give it 88/100. The visuals and art style are fantastic on the PC. Even though the game is very linear, I still enjoyed stopping to look at the environment and beautiful designs of rooms. The music is awesome and especially the main theme. Little sound effects like when you successfully pull off a combo are a nice touch as well. The story was actually very interesting. Nilin is a great main character that I cared for. The gameplay is a nice mix and very fun. The combat is different from other games in the genre so it was a breath of fresh air. Once you understand how the timing works and you start creating your own combos from the menu it gets super entertaining. Nilin also has a bunch of really cool abilities to add to the mix during fights against different enemies. People who find this combat too difficult or frustrating are obviously not fans of Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden. Getting around the areas was also well executed with a combination of Nilin's special glove and climbing around like Uncharted. PC optimization is just fine until the very last level where super sampling can easily drop your frame rate. Luckily the scene I'm referring to is very short. Besides for that there are little stutters when the game saves at a checkpoint but that's not very uncommon in games even today.

If Nilin ever gets a sequel...I'm in. Remember you soon.
  37. Oct 3, 2013
    A story with great unique potential, sadly backed up poorly. Fighting and movement feels awkward, and bossfights and many encounters are so monotonic you want to facepalm your self so hard that your brain is all over the wall behind you.
    While the story seemed ok, i never finished the game, after afew hours of playing i simply felt the lacking and repetetive gameplay and odd steering and camera angles, were not worth to go trough to see how the story would actually end. A shame really.
  38. Jun 5, 2013
    This is the best game so far in 2013 both story and gameplay is perfect for me.This game could be better if only Console exclusive imo.Nilin is great character both personality and looking,voice acting is superb, music is great (main menu and xmb menu) other musics is okay.The control is perfect for console version,
    I really hope tis game is not gonna milk like AC,COD. This is a
    I really hope tis game is not gonna milk like AC,COD. This is a masterpiece there is no need sequels.Finally a new game without nudism,XXX scenes,romantic plot and boobfest.This is a true masterpiece.
  39. Jun 4, 2013
    A great start to what hopefully becomes a more fleshed-out series. Although the game's most interesting and fun parts, the memory remixes, only appear a meager 4 times in the game, it's still a fun ride. The customized combat system keeps fighting from becoming stale, and the environment and music create a fantastic atmosphere.

Although it might not be worth the full asking price, not

Although it might not be worth the full asking price, not many games are. Still, Remember Me is a fantastic game that should be enjoyed, short as it may be.
  40. Jun 5, 2013
    Good are graphics, good atmosphere in first couple of levels, than it drops to average. Combat is a direct copy to games like "Sleeping Dogs" but with a twist! You can create your own combos! Which is you just can change the effect of the punches, the combos are fix. Feels dull after a while. You get a couple of special moves which are fun to play around with. The game clocks at 10 hoursGood are graphics, good atmosphere in first couple of levels, than it drops to average. Combat is a direct copy to games like "Sleeping Dogs" but with a twist! You can create your own combos! Which is you just can change the effect of the punches, the combos are fix. Feels dull after a while. You get a couple of special moves which are fun to play around with. The game clocks at 10 hours for me, you can try to find all the secret goodies and push it maybe to 13 hours. Re-playability is bad though seeing as you can't skip any cut- or dialogue scenes. Again for the first couple of levels the game really tries to keep you on your toes, mixing action with slower parts and having the camera pan out to admire the beautiful Neo-Tokyo.. I mean Neo-Paris. But at around mid point the game is doing that less and less, like they didn't give a flying after the first 3 hours of game play. One of the special features of the game are memory sequences where you can remix dramatic memories of character so they change their life style and start doing your bidding. I was pretty confused the whole game if I was the good or bad guy(girl). Those sequences are few and far between though and you don't really have that much input, the game basically tells you what do change, you do it, look how it plays out, the end. And one memory you have to remix twice, so all in all there are 3 memory remix scenes, what a waste. The music is suits the cyberpunk setting, also its affected by your game play sometimes. In one fight for example the music pans out when you get it, gets faster when you do long combos and gets erratic when you go berserk. Doesn't do that in all fights though. The main draw is the story which is not bad, its worth a look. I enjoyed my time with it, especially the main characters ass was in good shape.

TL;DR: Average game play with good atmosphere, graphics and story
  41. Sep 2, 2013
    Beautiful graphics, but the story is ridiculously linear and lacks true feeling. It is best described as a failed ham, trying to feel more dramatic and emotional instead of what it really is a hasty, uninteresting story. Combat is just another beat-em-up type system with a combo "lab" that boils down to varying four types of attacks in each combo. Gorgeous? Yes. Good? No.
  42. Jun 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm quite surprised to see such low user review like that when there's actually only 5 users rated this game and most of them were positive reviews.
    Since I haven't played the game yet. I will rate it according to a video I watched yesterday. Link:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IsdYg40qLY
  43. Jun 9, 2013
    if capcom had made a movie instead of a game, probably i would have loved Remember Me.
    the graphics are good, music is good (i loved the moment in which a robot played the gymnopedie n1), setting is fantastic, story is ok, gameplay SUCK ASS.
    everything is going from A to B following predetermined paths, you can't explore anywhere, combat is boring.
    don't buy it.
  44. Jun 4, 2013
    How long does it take most experienced gamers to figure out whether a new release is worth it or not? Probably an hour? I struggled to play this game for that long. Unfortunately, this game is a huge disappointment. I pre-ordered because the previews looked so interesting, but what a waste of money. What could have been an interesting game has turned into a disaster. Very awkward fightHow long does it take most experienced gamers to figure out whether a new release is worth it or not? Probably an hour? I struggled to play this game for that long. Unfortunately, this game is a huge disappointment. I pre-ordered because the previews looked so interesting, but what a waste of money. What could have been an interesting game has turned into a disaster. Very awkward fight controls which are difficult if not nearly impossible to figure out. Basically no tutorial to help navigate keyboard controls. No theme to the story line except for the fact that the character has had her memory wiped out, but after that the action has morphed into fights with other beings which apparently are zombies with no memories. I just could not continue. Do not waste your money. The user scores and the metacritic scores are definitely accurate. Expand
  45. Jun 4, 2013
    First impressions at about 4 hours in.

THE GOOD Its time for the remix! Ok, best part really is remixing memories. Call me geeky, but when I started moving my mouse in counter-clockwise circles, I got really excited. I really like the look and feel of Neo-Paris. There's a lot of detail that went into the walls, the art, the small touches that I saw in the city. I'm enjoying
    First impressions at about 4 hours in.

THE GOOD

I'm enjoying the little of Nilin's character that is being exposed through monologue. I really wish there was more, and maybe there will be? Also, the voice acting seems to be well done with her, not so much the supporting cast. Finally, I am always thrilled to play female characters, its as though its a rarity.

I like the "Customization" regarding the combos, at least there is something that you get to manage in the game, since there is no inventory or skill tree (in the traditional sense).

Most importantly, there is something about the style and gameplay that hasn't been done before. I can't quite put my finger on what it is exactly, but I will remember "Remember Me" for doing something new.

THE BAD

Sometimes the camera gets all weird because I'm in a corner, and I can't see. Also, I find the controls a little wonky, and from time to time I find myself going in a direction I do not want to be going in.

Everyone and their mom has said this the game is linear, so linear that I hardly have to look at the screen to figure out where I'm going as there is only one way. Also, without the indicators of where to jump, I never would be able to figure out what fence I can and can't jump.

THE UGLY

For me, the worst part of this game, shared the worst part of Tomb Raider (the reboot), and that is timing/specific key presses (aka quicktime event) during fights. I find this extremely jarring and I think I almost broke my keyboard at one point when I couldn't figure out what I should be pressing.

IF WISHES WERE HORSES:

One thing that is strangely lacking is blood. Nilin is getting beat up, she's beating up people, she's falling off of roofs, but no scrapes. I was happy when she fell on her ankle and I thought that maybe she would have a limp as the cutscene indicated, but she didn't.

Also, I want to talk to people, but no one wants to talk to me. Everyone I pass says "sorry, you're not my type" or "i'm waiting for someone" or something about "brushing my hair". In Neo-Paris are unattractive people hot now? If I saw Nilin walking towards me, I probably would ask her to sit with me, not tell her to go away.

I thought this would somehow be more of an adult game. By adult I do not mean sex, I mean a discussion of intellectual ideas. This remixing of memories, or trading of memories is an excellent concept, and I thought we'd be able to explore it more and examine both the good and the bad of this technology.

CONCLUSION

Ultimately, I'm enjoying myself and the gameplay keeps me going.
  46. Jun 18, 2013
    2 bugs on start of the game no menu on start screen, and no mouse pointer, even after fixing first bug. Awesome! Was this game tested? It's not even alpha-level. Why should I waste my precious time to google about bug-fixes? I'm very frustrated and will NEVER buy nothing from DONTNOD they are noobs in game development.
  47. Aug 28, 2013
    Meh. Not the best game I ever played. Not up to expectations. Weird ass gameplay. Umm, what else, not a very interesting story. I gotta give it this. It was a good concept and if they come at the game from a different perspective they might be able to make a sequel. but it would need new characters and plot, and setting.
  48. Dec 30, 2013
    it's a game with good graphics, story and cool interactions with the game, but the PC version of the game is just bad, the camera does go were you want it to go, the game requires a very powerful PC just to run it, the game play is terrible and what's worst is the controls, which doesn't follow what you want it to do or lags before it does it, also the action icon are vague making youit's a game with good graphics, story and cool interactions with the game, but the PC version of the game is just bad, the camera does go were you want it to go, the game requires a very powerful PC just to run it, the game play is terrible and what's worst is the controls, which doesn't follow what you want it to do or lags before it does it, also the action icon are vague making you unsure of what to do, if they fix the controls it might make it a descent game, because it's kind of hard to play the game if you can't control your character. Expand
  49. Jun 8, 2013
    Was really curious and got the game on release date(steam). Really big disappointment. I for once agree with most of the reviews that are giving it an average score. Nice ideas, but not really integrated into immersive and/or enjoyable gameplay. Bosses are either fun, or frustration. Controls for pc were "just done." Pity, it had such potential. The story might have been compelling too,Was really curious and got the game on release date(steam). Really big disappointment. I for once agree with most of the reviews that are giving it an average score. Nice ideas, but not really integrated into immersive and/or enjoyable gameplay. Bosses are either fun, or frustration. Controls for pc were "just done." Pity, it had such potential. The story might have been compelling too, but instead you can just see one cliche after another. I wish well to the developers though. Next time perhaps... Expand
  50. Jun 3, 2013
    it came out on the 3rd for pc. so yeah. research maybe? its good. flawed combat.
  51. Jun 14, 2013
    This game is a of Assassin's Creed and Prototype with a "new" twist; or it can be considered just a same old 3rd person "shooter" with a new storyline (shell).

Graphics just OK on today's standard for a $50 3rd person shooter. Fun to pass-time when you got way too much time, nothing more.
  52. Jan 6, 2014
    I have to give this game 0 points since it's completely unplayable. I'm stuck on the control tutorial, I am being asked to use the mouse/right stick to look around but no mater how much I look the game just wont move on. It's broken therefore ZERO points.
  53. Dec 26, 2013
    *Update* Was upset because I can't play more than 15 min without game turning into a Lag Fest! Game was running more than 45 fps before suddenly dropping down to under 10 fps. Only way was to quit game & restart. Then someone advised me to turn of Supersampling & forced AA through Nvidia's control panel. It worked! I'm now gaming at near max. settings with beautiful graphics running*Update* Was upset because I can't play more than 15 min without game turning into a Lag Fest! Game was running more than 45 fps before suddenly dropping down to under 10 fps. Only way was to quit game & restart. Then someone advised me to turn of Supersampling & forced AA through Nvidia's control panel. It worked! I'm now gaming at near max. settings with beautiful graphics running almost 60 fps. No problem at all! Thus, other than it being a poorly optimized PC port of the console game, the game itself is really pretty. However, there's lots of unrealized potential unable to interact with the gorgeous environment because it is a corridor shooter with a story and a path mapped out in a linear manner i.e. practically no turn left-or-right options. Simply too linear. However, story is not bad, and the memory remixes is refreshing. Combat is ok. Its an overall innovative piece of work. However, you must be able to accept it being a linear action-adventure game. Expand
  54. Jun 8, 2013
    I made a mistake pre judging this game in its first two hours. lesson learned. after episode 3, this game is a masterpiece of its own. the music, the atmosphere, the art, its amazing, underrated and not appreciated. the last of us deserves a 10? please, leave that crap out of gaming and give us some more of remember me. must be because its a black female character cause otherwise iI made a mistake pre judging this game in its first two hours. lesson learned. after episode 3, this game is a masterpiece of its own. the music, the atmosphere, the art, its amazing, underrated and not appreciated. the last of us deserves a 10? please, leave that crap out of gaming and give us some more of remember me. must be because its a black female character cause otherwise i dont see why the 6 and belows for this game. Expand
  55. Jun 8, 2013
    Playing this on the PC is an absolute treat. I have just this minute completed it and wanted to chip in. Remember me is made from a BRAND NEW STUDIO. And the game blew me away. Sure if you want to nitpick it was very combat, then platform/rinse & repeat at times but for their first game they have done an amazing job. I had to Run FRAPS all through the game just to screenshot some of thePlaying this on the PC is an absolute treat. I have just this minute completed it and wanted to chip in. Remember me is made from a BRAND NEW STUDIO. And the game blew me away. Sure if you want to nitpick it was very combat, then platform/rinse & repeat at times but for their first game they have done an amazing job. I had to Run FRAPS all through the game just to screenshot some of the beauty in this game. The sights are amazing to the point where it had me looking through the artwork in the extras menu and screenshotting those for desktop backgrounds!

In the end you have to experience this if you are looking for something new, or a fan of sci-fi Deus Ex type genre.

I hope this gets great sales and a sequel. Brilliant game.
  56. Jun 12, 2013
    İnsteresting idea, nice graphics but gameplay and story cant get me. And the end is nosense for me I dont wanna spoiler with it. But it was horrible i think.
  57. Jul 31, 2013
    What could have been a good game is absolutely ruined by terrible controls. I have seen a lot of crapy console ports but this one takes the cake. On top of that mediocre graphics don't help the game either. Otherwise this game has some innovative game play and is impressive by its futuristic design of the world.
  58. Jun 9, 2013
    It is a great game just for the story.
    It is a great game just for the story.
    The combat and some of the mechanics will really annoy you at times as they're not 100% reactive but there are great puzzle segments and a satisfying combat style. I admit I almost quit playing because of one of the remixes i spent 30 mins trying to just change 1 thing (pc controls are terrible for this) so i recommend you grab an xbox controller for those segments.
    For combat, pc controls are tighter and easier than the controller. I also recommend that you make sure you look up your hotkeys so that you know which symbol means which move on boss fights. Nothing is worse than having to do the same bit 30 times not being able to figure out which button to press :)

For those that like lists, here's what this game does well:
    Graphics perfectly optimised, i had no frameloss on highest settings with several programs open on a GTX460. Very impressive visuals.

Story At first, you're trying to get used to this 'Neo Paris' and spend some time working out what it is. Then everything changes. The story becomes more and more intense and builds up to one of the best story finales I have ever experienced.

Music This game has really great music and it responds to your combat experience. As you land combo's, the music becomes more fragmented which gives a great adrenaline pumped experience. In chapters 1-4 the music is very low-key but in 5-8 it becomes a beautiful masterpiece and enhances the story experience greatly.

Puzzle segments I won't spoil them as they are only going to be as much fun the first time... but don't look them up on the internet! Some of these require some thought, but sadly there aren't many of these. Which brings me to...

Memory remixes! This. Is. Great! if only there were more of these, the game would be getting much greater scores. Painfully underused, these segments are original and very fun! ...on an xbox controller. Do not use your mouse and keyboard for these!!

Things the game does badly:

Platforming While the tomb raider assassin's creed style swinging from rooftops is fun, the arrows make it far too easy and there is always only 1 way to go. This feels like you're on a train track and you're just pressing the forward button.

Camera controls The camera is sometimes fixed for no apparent reason in places where you really need it to be free. The combat situations where this happens are often very frustrating and do not give the desire to revisit that situation.
    PC controls are appalling in all but the combat. for whatever reason, looking up requires 1 meter of mouse-mat and the first QTE's button presses are simply confusing as you suddenly need to know what the symbols mean which you may not unless you've checked the hotkey settings.
    Go into the game knowing the what the problems are and how to deal with them and you'll enjoy yourself a lot. It is a masterpiece with a few cracks in places but they can be overlooked as the last 3 chapters are just...wow. just amazing.
  59. Jun 26, 2013
    This game is a story you can play but you can't interact with it. Has long you are ok with that you wil have a good time. But like so many game nowdays it really is a short game (8 to 10 hours in the hardest difficulty). with all in graphics nothing in game life time. Some pro and con now. It is on many point like mirror edge.

Pro: great original and captivating story. Fun and

Pro: great original and captivating story. Fun and interesting gameplay.
    Con: Really short. You can't decide anything your watching the game and story and just fight for time to time. Linear.

In the end if it was cheaper or with choice to influence and change the story (various ending) or with a longer life time, it would have been a good 8 but considering all these i put a 6.
  60. Jun 24, 2013

Memories make us who we are today, and in losing hers, Nilin, Remember Me‘s lead protagonist, is a bit of a nobody for over half the game. She’s flat, generic, and lacking in any humor, charm, or intrigue. That’s a bit of a problem when you’re introducing a new IP this late into the generation cycle. Palindromic French developer DONTNOD Entertainment have audaciously stepped on their own feet over a number of conditions regarding the games creation, but they persevere in the only way that European games usually can. There’s a lot of love hate ideas in Remember Me, and its pop-philosophic inquiry into the future of Paris is explored through a vibrant and fantastic science fiction world that certainly gives more to love than to hate.

The lead protagonist is dry, although there’s plenty of narrative explaining why, and the game is made on the ageing Unreal 3 engine at a time where gamers are hard to please, and we’re swooning over new architecture and videogame engines. It’s going to take something special to wow us at this juncture. Why would a 3D action platformer set in a science fiction universe, with a generic English protagonist do the job? The answer is simple: Remember Me excels in more places than it falls. It has an exceptional sound track, beautiful art design, and some of the most authentically tantalizing set pieces in any game of late. It’s platforming done right, and that is actually a pretty rare feat.

Welcome to Neo-Paris

DONTNOD have mirrored Japanese fiction in their sticking ‘Neo’ in the front of any city to indicate some kind of cataclysmic event in the past. This time, Paris is flooded (ostensibly due to global warming although this isn’t discussed), and everyone’s all a little too addicted to a Google Glass technology called ‘Sensen’, or the Sensation Engine, which enables the manipulation and distribution of memories between people, systems, etc,. A worst case scenario type deal, the Sensen technology has been abused by a faceless government, who disable or remove peoples memories to such an extent as to render them docile and without identity as a form of punishment. Mindless husks are thus driven mad and driven to the darkest corners of Neo-Paris, whilst those who survive (let’s call them the 1% for and giggles) do so without questioning authority.
    Unhappy with the way the government are abusing Google Glass… I mean… ‘Sensen’, a group of terrorists-but-not-terrorists called ‘Errorists’ (not joking) break Nilin out of jail to once again try to shut down Google… I mean Memorize, the guys behind the brain implant. Doing this is a matter of killing, but more intriguingly, stealing or adjusting the memories of key characters concerned with the development and distribution of the governments and corporations evil deeds. These ‘Errorists’ are humanists, or Luddites, depending on your perspective. However, throwing wooden clogs at loom’s isn’t enough to sufficiently quell the theft and alteration of the cities identity.
    This is science fiction written to appeal to a very broad science fiction demographic, but it’s presented with finesse, class, and rich detail, even if the writing and exposition is a little lackluster. The narrow streets and juxtaposed Neo-Paris and classical Paris are wonderfully rendered, and much of the city even in its new form retains that unmistakable French architecture, famous for making London look architecturally retarded.

There’s always something whizzing past, or chasing you.
    Remember Me is the epitome of ‘streamlined’. What is often said to mean linear retains some of its subtlety here, because whilst Remember Me is about as linear as dry spaghetti, it’s incredibly refined. There’s always a scripted event going on, such as ships swooshing past, or something chasing you down, and Nilin’s repository of tricks and moves does enough to bridge the gap between minimal user input and something more along the lines of an actual videogame. At times Remember Me feels like some perverse AAA version of Temple Run, but the narrative cut-scenes, boss battles, and genuinely interesting combat system remind me that there’s more to it than simply jumping from pretty building A to pretty crane B.
  61. Jul 9, 2013
    Terrible fight mechanics the baddest i've seen in a very long time, general crap game play.

Game doesnt seem bad except for the gameplay itself and the fight mechanics.....
  62. Sep 12, 2014
    I was always interested in this game since I first saw it. It looked like it could have some real potential.
    I then proceeded to forget about the game until I saw it on special offer on Steam. I figured why not and downloaded it. Sadly it doesn't compete with almost any game released in the past 10 years or so.
    The graphics are in dire need of some work, mainly the poor textures and
    The graphics are in dire need of some work, mainly the poor textures and shaders make it look a little dated.
    Sadly it doesn't only fall short there, the gameplay is extremely linear. The game isn't so much a game as a story with a menu screen. You are directed, with no perceivable allowance for exploration, to each objective. Episode 0 is a good indication of that as it sets multiple waypoints just a few metres apart for you to follow. The only control you have is with the "combat" system. You can choose how to beat up some truly terrible AI opponents, as in do you punch or kick them. That's it, but in all fairness they're so stupid that you only need that much choice.
    Platforming sections? Of which there are quite a few, are a poor mans version of tomb raider. No alternate routes, no challenges. Simply follow the only direction you can possibly take.
    Then there are the memory remix parts. Rewind to start and look for blurs, then slow it down and click. Move to next blur and repeat.... yawn. Though clever in concept it's too simple and basic in application.
    The voice acting is pretty good though, I liked the voice acting.
  63. Jun 9, 2013
    Unigue and rare beautiful sci-fi masterpeace with deep lore, astonishing attention to every detail and movie-like grapics. A must have for sci-fi heads.
  64. Mar 1, 2015
    The "hero" in this game is a girl whose only talent is the ability to lie effectively. Although they euphemistically call it "remixing memories", the ethical level of this developers is well defined by their pride about creating a character who use lies to plant hatred between friends to get some personal benefit.

Great art, imbecile programming, criminal control implementation. Without

Great art, imbecile programming, criminal control implementation. Without professional engineers you cannot build a game. No, Scratch doesn't make you an engineer, it just amplify your idiocy and your wrong self perception.
  65. Mar 20, 2015
    This game has a lot of potential, but fails to excel and realize that potential. The story has an interesting premise, but a lackluster ending; the visual design is excellent, but the graphics fail to do it justice due to low-quality assets, the ability to create your own combos is promising, but the system is too shallow; remixing memories is just a matter of activating a few switchesThis game has a lot of potential, but fails to excel and realize that potential. The story has an interesting premise, but a lackluster ending; the visual design is excellent, but the graphics fail to do it justice due to low-quality assets, the ability to create your own combos is promising, but the system is too shallow; remixing memories is just a matter of activating a few switches dressed up as a game mechanic. Keyboard and mouse controls are adequate, but occasionally have problems, and the camera is not very responsive. Overall, this game is worth a playthrough, but don't expect too much of it. Expand
  66. Jun 10, 2013
    Review #2:
    Review #2:
    The game world is very diverse. In every chapter new things are implemented. The game keeps being refreshing chapter after chapter. Quiet well planned. The enemies are not just basic, with their own skills and stats, but some enemies have co-exists and boost each others powers. This can be seen by a leaper with a red shielding, making invulnerable Or a soldier with 2 leaper slaves which attack first, these leapers have some kind of connection with it's host. This can be seen with the communication line between master and leaper slaves.

During the battle you try to execute the highest combo, thus earning yourself much more 'exp' points to boost your skills. This game is no longer a buton mashing game, can be, but to really enjoy the game you have to try to use combo's.

Just one impressive game.
  67. Jun 15, 2013
    Combat is tight, though the main difficulty comes from managing the order in which you dispatch enemies and maneuvering rather than whether you pull off the combos. The camera is a little loose, you will spend a lot of the combat actively refocusing the camera on the action, the comparison being with the Arkham games and Sleeping Dogs with their much cleverer camera AI. Very immersiveCombat is tight, though the main difficulty comes from managing the order in which you dispatch enemies and maneuvering rather than whether you pull off the combos. The camera is a little loose, you will spend a lot of the combat actively refocusing the camera on the action, the comparison being with the Arkham games and Sleeping Dogs with their much cleverer camera AI. Very immersive story discussing very interesting themes about memories (obviously), power, oligarchy, privatized security and prisons and class warfare in general. Some of these themes are addressed superficially, some are discussed is more depth through gameplay.

The only cliché I have recognized is Nilin’s (protagonist) amnesia, though I’m fine with giving Remember Me a pass for this one as it is used to weave a very interesting story. Quick-Time Events and bosses without life bars need to be culled. I’ve noticed people pointing out the linearity of Remember Me, I’ve also noticed that this wasn’t a complaint of God of War… I don’t think that this is a legitimate gripe since the developers clearly didn’t design any sort of open world and still managed to show the player the future they’ve created. Not every game is sandbox, get over it. 8/10 for consistently satisfying and challenging combat and an interesting story with a believable heroine.
  68. Jun 9, 2013
    I don't get why people are complaining about the combat? If you read watched anything about the combat, it's basically another button mashing game. I knew what I was going into before I bought it. To me, it has more flexible combat due to combos. You can't button mash X constantly. You actually have to land combos. It's a fun combat system in all honestly. I love the idea of being able toI don't get why people are complaining about the combat? If you read watched anything about the combat, it's basically another button mashing game. I knew what I was going into before I bought it. To me, it has more flexible combat due to combos. You can't button mash X constantly. You actually have to land combos. It's a fun combat system in all honestly. I love the idea of being able to have different combos. Do I need high DPS? 4 damage Presence (the items you put into combos) then a double Presence at the end that double the entire combo. Do I need fast healing? Swap out all those Presences for healing ones with a double at the end. I can change combos on the fly. It's wonderful.

I'm only into Episode 3 I think. Not far. But I love the setting. I love the stealing memories and remixing memories. And using the memories to find collectable is interesting, very easy, but still fun at the same time. Story is pretty good. Original, different, etc.

I got this game for $35 through Groupon. Would recommend it if you like Batman:AA Batman: AC. Will update when I finish the game.
  69. Jun 11, 2013
    This game is in fact a solid 8.0. But I am giving it a 9 since so many reviewers seem to be so polarized.
    Positives: Music, voice acting, soundtrack, graphics, character development and story are superior to most "interactive movies" that I have played.
    Negatives: Game is devoid of choices or freedom. I will say however this is a common sacrifice game developers make for the sake of story. Just know when you buy the game that it is basically an interactive movie progressed by button combinations. Not a game with any RPG elements, choices or freedom.
  70. Jun 19, 2013
    The game is simply great. Could take 10/10 if it was multiplayer/coop and with some more memory remixes. It's a great interactive movie, with a storyline so well written that it's impossible to not love it, a great immaginary society based on deprivation of will from people and total control from the high levels of the society. The combat system with combos is really nice, play in the hardThe game is simply great. Could take 10/10 if it was multiplayer/coop and with some more memory remixes. It's a great interactive movie, with a storyline so well written that it's impossible to not love it, a great immaginary society based on deprivation of will from people and total control from the high levels of the society. The combat system with combos is really nice, play in the hard difficulty and you'll have nice and hard fights. Expand
  71. Jul 1, 2013
    I was originally a bit skeptical about this game. And I will say the number one flaw in this game is the combat system is a bit bland and repetitive, and given the beautiful environment you had it would have been nice to be given a bit more of a option to explore around and such. While I do agree this is a lot of like a cinema game where a lot of the time you spend will be watching theI was originally a bit skeptical about this game. And I will say the number one flaw in this game is the combat system is a bit bland and repetitive, and given the beautiful environment you had it would have been nice to be given a bit more of a option to explore around and such. While I do agree this is a lot of like a cinema game where a lot of the time you spend will be watching the story progress through cut-scenes. The actual story itself is something I enjoy watching. I would say you should wait for a steam sale or something of that matter before going out and purchasing it. Expand
  72. Sep 26, 2014
    game is highly underrated blame the reviewer sites for giving mediocre scores it deserves 8.5/10.graphic details in episode 2 is amazing.very good story evoking emotions(makes me remember last of us not as emotional journey as last of us).involves morality,politics in backdrop(makes me remember story of bio shock series) its told in an interesting manner.clunky controls and ridiculous icongame is highly underrated blame the reviewer sites for giving mediocre scores it deserves 8.5/10.graphic details in episode 2 is amazing.very good story evoking emotions(makes me remember last of us not as emotional journey as last of us).involves morality,politics in backdrop(makes me remember story of bio shock series) its told in an interesting manner.clunky controls and ridiculous icon for jumping,after you get hang of it fighting system with combos keeps fights interesting.story telling in form of memories is very good Expand
  73. Aug 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Some games should just be movies and forget the whole gameplay element. Some people have taken this to heart and turned for instance Heavy Rain into a movie by recording and editing a game walkthrough.

Remember Me to me offers perfectly forgettable gameplay inter-spaced by a decent and interesting story. It doesn't get as bad as later Final Fantasy games were you just wished you could murder the guy that keeps tacking on yet more corridors filled with boring enemies but this game is the complete opposite of the early Tomb Raider games, I couldn't tell you their story but still remember some gameplay sections vividly. Just a few hours of later I could tell you about the early game sections of Remember Me but I do remember the story very clearly.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who doesn't want a heavy dose of story with a light touch of gaming. This isn't a Deus Ex (although the story setting is very familiar if more intimate) with lots of exploring and freedom and choices. This is on rails story game where you have the task of getting from A to B, clearing a room of enemies and remixing peoples memories.

And if the last idea has you all excited. Don't. It is an interesting concept but only used a handful of times, is awfully finicky and there is only ONE right solution although you can watch and see what the wrong combo's do.

The combat is forgettabe, a clone of the batman games although thankfully without the annoying habbit of getting killed by a dozen enemies with shotguns.

Good story.
    Average combat.
    On rails platform jumping.

But the story saves a lot... although truth be told, the main story is good, the world itself is pretty sterile. Things happen in it but you never feel connected, the game is actually really devoid of detail and supporting characters.

All in all, I rate it an 8. It is not a master piece but it did amuse me, I liked the story and it just worked, no broken gameplay, no unbeatable bosses. A competent game, play it for a bargain price when you need to waste a few hours with some simple gaming a nice "make you think but not to deeply" story.
  74. Oct 10, 2014
    Absolutely enjoyed this game. It is however cut scene heavy and the game play is slightly repetitive, especially the platforming.

However an absolutely A+ story and setting, well worth the time.
  75. Jun 12, 2013
    I honestly really enjoyed this game. Lets start out with the pros. The environment looks great, i mean really really good. it's nice to see that the game's developers put a lot of time and effort into making Neo-Paris. Next, Nilin is an awesome character, and her voice actor delivers her lines very well. The game's story is also a really cool concept. The Sensen is basically a secondI honestly really enjoyed this game. Lets start out with the pros. The environment looks great, i mean really really good. it's nice to see that the game's developers put a lot of time and effort into making Neo-Paris. Next, Nilin is an awesome character, and her voice actor delivers her lines very well. The game's story is also a really cool concept. The Sensen is basically a second brain you can buy to store memories inside, so as never to forget them. Sounds great, right? Not for long. Amnesia, memory theft and remixing, and the dreaded Leapers are all byproducts of this thing, and it's up to Nilin to stop it. Sounds pretty cool right? Well, it is, and the story should keep you entertained until the end. Now, onto some of the not-so-good stuff. The game's ending is a little, well, predictable. They could've added a little more in my opinion. Secondly, i can guarantee that the combat system will confuse you. I never really understood it honestly, and i doubt you will either. There are also some really cheap deaths, and when i say cheap, i mean really cheap. How was i supposed to know that the security bot would kill me in one shot, or that i couldn't jump down there. Finally, the bugs. No, not the technological parasites that infest the city, i mean glitches in the game's programming. I had to repeat several fights because the game couldn't register that i had killed everyone in the fight. It's the little things such as this that keep the game from being something truly amazing, though it is still a really enjoyable experience, one that i would recommend to anyone who wants some thing refreshing and new to try out. Expand
  76. Jun 20, 2013
    Remember Me for me is the NIER of 2013 with the only exception being the good looking graphics. Both start off pretty slow, but somewhere around the 25/30% mark of the game it completely sucks you in.
    Pros: A very good plot and narrative Rich atmosphere Awesome soundtrack Good looking A very good second half...
    Cons: Game feels a bit like chore in the beginning A bit too much of a
    Cons: Game feels a bit like chore in the beginning A bit too much of a cinematic experience sometimes A semi-good case of inconsistency...
    It's not a near perfect game, but it's absolutely one you should check out just for the experience.
    Remember Me 8.25/10: YEAH!!!
    I really hope we see something again from DONTNOD and their universe
  77. Aug 7, 2014
    Although the combat is somewhat rudimentary and the style of play (and unskippable cut-scenes) limit replayability, the truly brilliant story-line makes this game a must-play. Honestly, the quality of the direction, writing, and score are better than in a lot of major motion pictures. If you have the means (and a 360 pad), definitely check this game out.
  78. Jul 27, 2013
    Remember me is a game which has taken me by surprise. Graphically it is STUNNING at max settings. The fighting does not flow as well as batman or sleeping dogs, however there are some nice custom combos and building up of skills as you progress through the game.

The game is very linear, which is good and bad. The tutorials are good and don't get in the way much. Story is so so but you will be too busy looking at the games scenery to mind too much.

Graphics don't make a good game, they only add to a good game to help make it great. Remember me has it's faults but is not as shallow as some reviews I have seen would make you believe.

I will definitely be recommending it to friends.
  79. Jun 9, 2013
    I think ill definitely remember, remember me because of the game's atmosphere created by its more than top of the line music, and its fighting system which felt similar to one of the most enjoyable fighting systems in a game (arkham city), without being a worst version of it(sleeping dogs) anyone who enjoys a story worth its own Hollywood movie, or a futuristic dystopic atmospheric shouldI think ill definitely remember, remember me because of the game's atmosphere created by its more than top of the line music, and its fighting system which felt similar to one of the most enjoyable fighting systems in a game (arkham city), without being a worst version of it(sleeping dogs) anyone who enjoys a story worth its own Hollywood movie, or a futuristic dystopic atmospheric should definitely get this.

GAMEPLAY: 9/10
    STORY:8/10
    SETTING:10/10
  80. Jul 3, 2013
    I'm about 1/3 of the way through and gotta say, its much better than I expected, I'm really enjoying it. Sure its linear, but thats necessary for storytelling. The gameplay is also nice and fluid, feels like tomb raider, assassins creed 3 and a platform game rolled into one. I like a good storyline, and the ability to manipulate memories in certain scenes is surprisingly fun. I like theI'm about 1/3 of the way through and gotta say, its much better than I expected, I'm really enjoying it. Sure its linear, but thats necessary for storytelling. The gameplay is also nice and fluid, feels like tomb raider, assassins creed 3 and a platform game rolled into one. I like a good storyline, and the ability to manipulate memories in certain scenes is surprisingly fun. I like the main character, feels realistic and human, I like the story, hell, I even like the linear stage to stage process (which I normally don't). Expand
  81. Jun 8, 2013
    Overall the game has a very good story and some interesting mechanics, however it falls short in the combat system. The combat system revolves around performing combinations and avoiding attacks and little along the lines of strategy or skill. As long as you can hit the dodge button in time you will not get hit at all. Also the world is fairly interesting but you barely get to explore it,Overall the game has a very good story and some interesting mechanics, however it falls short in the combat system. The combat system revolves around performing combinations and avoiding attacks and little along the lines of strategy or skill. As long as you can hit the dodge button in time you will not get hit at all. Also the world is fairly interesting but you barely get to explore it, you are funneled along a route with little incentive to actually explore. The collectibles in this game will get you more health, which is unnecessary, or it gets you more focus, which allows you to use your more powerful skills.

Beyond that the story line is great and the underlying concepts are sound. If they had done more along the lines of remixing memories beyond the 4 times you get to do it in-game it would have boosted the game a little higher.
  82. Jun 9, 2013
    I have no idea why no one likes this game. It has a very interesting plot with some great voice actors. The combat for the most part is quite interesting. If you start to get bored you can easily change your combo. The graphics are amazing, one of best I have seen from a pc game.
  83. Jun 12, 2013
    I liked the story that is full of drama. The game's graphics are also very beautiful. But there are some errors: namely, not quite handy camera, and apparently because of the transfer is not quite right with the console, the game many a time stuttering.
  84. Jun 9, 2013
    Definitely one of the games that made me think about future! The last one was deus ex.
    The background and the scenario are very interesting. I wish i can play more interesting games like those one more often !
    For a new studio, this game is really good and i will wait for their future titles. I liked the combo system which can be modified between each combat and make you enjoy doing

I liked the combo system which can be modified between each combat and make you enjoy doing more ultimates :D.

For graphics, i though they were also good, the cut scenes are fabulous !

Ok there are also some issues like the camera positioning is narrow streets, or the difficulty that is very varying.

To conclude EPIC Background, very good game but sometimes bad camera positioning.
  85. Jun 9, 2013
    This game is special linear, graphics are not that great and it's kinda repetitive, but it's one of those games that story and atmosphere just wipe almost all the flaws.Narration is very good and artistic direction really helps the immersion. You need to try it first .If you are able to enjoy the game, you'll know that during the first seconds. If not, then you should be looking for another game
  86. Jun 9, 2013
    This is one of those times where I didn't listen to major reviewers, and I'm very glad I didn't considering how awesome this game turned out. My only gripe is that the game is too short--I didn't want it to end. The camera can be weird at some points as well. Other than that the game is good. Great combat, addictive soundtrack, good pacing, and perfect blend of cinematics and gameplay.This is one of those times where I didn't listen to major reviewers, and I'm very glad I didn't considering how awesome this game turned out. My only gripe is that the game is too short--I didn't want it to end. The camera can be weird at some points as well. Other than that the game is good. Great combat, addictive soundtrack, good pacing, and perfect blend of cinematics and gameplay. It's like batman and uncharted had a baby. Expand
  87. Jun 9, 2013
    Just finished Remember Me. Damn.. what a game. I still can't believe the reception for it has been so lackluster. The game has it's faults, but giving this game a score of anything below a 6? Really?
  88. Jun 9, 2013
    I actually really like this game. The combos could be a little more freeflow, but overall it's great, but that's the problem, Dontnod actually made an interesting game world,but didnt expand on it. If it was a bigger game, not open world, but like in the same way Dark Souls is laid out, or like Deus Ex, and lets us have more freedom, put stealth and more memory abilities, like making themI actually really like this game. The combos could be a little more freeflow, but overall it's great, but that's the problem, Dontnod actually made an interesting game world,but didnt expand on it. If it was a bigger game, not open world, but like in the same way Dark Souls is laid out, or like Deus Ex, and lets us have more freedom, put stealth and more memory abilities, like making them forget how to fire a gun ir something and it would've been amazing Expand
  89. Jun 9, 2013
    I've been watching Remember Me for a while and when it came out I got it the second day after release. My first thoughts were beautiful graphics and it gave me that Mirrors Edge, Total Recall, iRobot feel right away, which isn't a bad thing at all. Im always looking for games that are different and unique, I've been playing games from atari 2600 til now and everything in between and thoughI've been watching Remember Me for a while and when it came out I got it the second day after release. My first thoughts were beautiful graphics and it gave me that Mirrors Edge, Total Recall, iRobot feel right away, which isn't a bad thing at all. Im always looking for games that are different and unique, I've been playing games from atari 2600 til now and everything in between and though this might not be the best game its surely freshing and nice to play something a little different and new. I won't spoil anything so I'll keep it short

1.Graphics 9.5/10
    2.Gameplay 8.0/10
    3.Combat system 8.5/10
    4.Fun factor 9.0/10
    5.Music 10/10

Pros: The highlights of the game are the music and the memory remixes, where u play through memoires and alter different things about it to change the out come, its all real time FWD: Pause, Play, RWD type and I've never seen anything like it.

Cons: The only down fall this games has to me is that its not open world, not even close, but thats not enough to keep people from playing it and if they continue the series thats something they can improve on making a good game a great game.

Looking for something new and different try it at least.
  90. Jun 9, 2013
    Setting is great. There's a few nits (like how in Neo-paris, everybody is british) but it captures a cyberpunk like feel without being the bleak grey landscape occasionally spiced up. The game world seems artifically claustrophobic though, and I found myself guessing when I was going to be ambushed pretty accurately by following this rule "large room..must be a fight scene". BackgroundSetting is great. There's a few nits (like how in Neo-paris, everybody is british) but it captures a cyberpunk like feel without being the bleak grey landscape occasionally spiced up. The game world seems artifically claustrophobic though, and I found myself guessing when I was going to be ambushed pretty accurately by following this rule "large room..must be a fight scene". Background music reminds me of blade runner, so it had a great ambience to it without being distracting.

Platforming: I didn't mind it, but there was a schizophrenic feel to it. for a game that spends a lot of time showing me exactly where to jump and move (via orange arrows pointing each step of the way) there were a number of twitchplay jumps that felt like they were put in just to irritate people. Early in the game, walkthrough tutorials are provided for very very basic puzzles (drop a wall between you and the drone so it cant see you!) while later QTE style chase sequences will probably require you to just die and reload a couple of times to get the pattern. This is not an Open world assassins creed type game, you are on rails. Not a bad thing, but something you should expect.

fighting: the combos give a lot of customizing, but if you're just a button masher you're going to make the fights harder on yourself than they need to be. There is a very specific flow and timing to combat, so regardless of what order you press your 2 buttons for combos, you'll need to master the identical combat timing for your 3 button combo that your 8 sequence combo will take. The combat sequences themselves are pretty run of the mill, with the boss character Madame being especially annoying if you don't have your combo timing down.

Remixing- this was my favorite part of the game, and while I can see how unfeasible it would be to end EVERY encounter with it, I sure wanted more control of using it, more potential targets for using it and even some more consequence and outcomes. Everything else in this game is something I could get in a different game, but the remixing is the truly distinct part. I played through a number of hours just waiting to use this mechanic and to see if it really mattered to the outcome. Nope, linear.

Story -is pretty good. There's a beginning a middle and ending. There is foreshadowing and misdirection. There is a twist beyond some sort of total recall swipe. Edge is a bit of a cliche, but most of the characters have something ditinct going for them.

Replayability- out of the box I don't know if Im going to bother with another playthrough for 'perfect remixes'. If DLC comes out that beefs up the memory remixing aspect of the game I can see myself going back in, but it's otherwise pretty linear.
  91. Jun 9, 2013
    Like some have said the game feels a mix of Tomb Raider/Prince Of Persia/Assassins Creed/Uncharted though unlike Lara this character fights well with or without weapons. The controls for the combat system get some getting used to but after a few fights it gets pretty easy to do and with the navigation help getting lost is hardly possible. The graphics are astounding especially when you doLike some have said the game feels a mix of Tomb Raider/Prince Of Persia/Assassins Creed/Uncharted though unlike Lara this character fights well with or without weapons. The controls for the combat system get some getting used to but after a few fights it gets pretty easy to do and with the navigation help getting lost is hardly possible. The graphics are astounding especially when you do jobs and are leaping from buildings or climbing across the walls half the time it's almost hard to tell the difference when you're in a cutscene and when you're playing. The voices for the characters is pretty good though there are one or two that didn't quite fit still that doesn't hurt the gameplay. Unlike RE5&6 which sadly were somewhat disappointing for me this game will have you playing for hours without knowing it. Expand
  92. Jun 9, 2013
    There are two components to a story that absolutely hook me for the ride: 1)I have to want to develop an empathy with the character and, 2) obviously, the story. Despite the tragic frustration and borderline insult of not being allowed to explore the wonderfully sculpted world the game is framed within (it's incredibly well done, which makes the inability to explore the huuuuuuuge #1 conThere are two components to a story that absolutely hook me for the ride: 1)I have to want to develop an empathy with the character and, 2) obviously, the story. Despite the tragic frustration and borderline insult of not being allowed to explore the wonderfully sculpted world the game is framed within (it's incredibly well done, which makes the inability to explore the huuuuuuuge #1 con on this game)and the eventual tedium of being told by little jittering arrows where to go at every leap and turn, those two personal requirements of mine were handily and, to me, very satisfyingly met.

Nilin is great...for me, the voice acting was so deftly maneuvered with inflection and emotion I couldn't help but become deeply involved in the character and her progression in reclaiming her past. I also found her deliberation of the objectives and motive set to her by the character Edge to be refreshing; if she would not have been at least suspicious or questioning of the instructions and directives set to her by an unknown agent, I would have been at least dubious of her mission and subsequent actions and, therefore, less willing to buy into the story. Knowing she was conflicted allowed a bit of personal insight and empathy with the character in the sense of what was unfolding.

And I have to maybe sidestep a bit on my second requirement: the story itself was, maybe, just ok (perhaps a tad better), but the concept behind the storyline is what I view as still worthy of high marks. The groundwork and foundation of the context of the story was provocative and well-conceived, all the while being quite believable. The ability to manipulate memory was, to me, the most underutilized and most cathartic element to the game but, ya know, with as magnificent as the limited time was in this aspect, I think it must have taken a considerable amount of time to piece together the x's and o's to make this work so I suppose I can see why there wasn't wall-to-wall memory re-writes. Altogether though, the concept was very much appreciated in this land of rampant point-and-shoot fps for a guy who, while he enjoys some time in that certain genre of games, really aches for something different and substantive. And, hey, for me, Remember Me has got it.

If DONTNOD can take some constructive critisism on their effort here, I really really really hope they consider employing some of it into a very soon-to-be-released follow-up. I would be very eager...so just do it, ok?
  93. Jun 9, 2013
    The look, story and concepts are amazing. The platforming is a little clunky, but pretty fun when you are moving fast. The combat system is rhythm based and it works, with patience. It voice acting is hit and miss. It's great getting new IP's and I hope this one sells well so we get a sequel. Much like the improvements from Assassin's Creed 1 to 2 (The first game was great but flawed, andThe look, story and concepts are amazing. The platforming is a little clunky, but pretty fun when you are moving fast. The combat system is rhythm based and it works, with patience. It voice acting is hit and miss. It's great getting new IP's and I hope this one sells well so we get a sequel. Much like the improvements from Assassin's Creed 1 to 2 (The first game was great but flawed, and 2 fixed all the mistakes.), I can imagine the sequel coming out on Next-Gen machines and being a must-buy.

I consider this a must buy if you are a fan of something beautiful and different than the shooty games.

The parts that needed polish are not enough to detract from what feels like a new sci-fi epic, reminiscent of Blade Runner and other Philip K. Dick stories, and 1984. I give it 5 breath-of-fresh-air Stars.
  94. Jun 9, 2013
    What seems to be common from many reviews is the expectations that many people had going into the game, and either finished disappointed, or didn't finish at all. I will say that though Capcom's Remember Me isn't the best game ever, probably not even close, it is a unique experience in more ways than one, keeping my attention throughout the game.

Pros: Visuals This game is

Pros:

Visuals This game is beautiful. Every piece of the world and each character is incredibly detailed. The graphics do not make the game, but Capcom puts it to good use with one of the last new IPs of the current generation. The atmosphere of Neo-Paris is gorgeous, between the slums and the high end side, each area has it's own unique style, and probably one downside is that you don't get to explore Neo-Paris more than you do.

Combat Though not the strongest portion of the game, it's concept works, and works well. The meat of the combat system is creating your own combos. Now this doesn't mean you spend hours in a menu configuring buttons trying to come up with the best attacks. There are actually four preset button combinations, each consisting of either Square or Triangle (or X & Y for the Xbox 360). Along with that, there are four different modifiers called "Pressens", which allows you to power up each press of the button. The more experience you gain throughout the game, the more Pressens you unlock, allowing you to mix and match different types of modifiers within a single combo. For example: The most simple combo is Square, Square, Square. While the first press cannot be modified, the next two can, with modifiers such as stronger attacks or regaining health with each successful hit. Included with the combos are what's called "S-Pressens", which are power ups that help you gain a slight edge. These add a bit more strategy for when you face the tougher enemies.

Remixing Memories Possibly the best part of the game. These portions allow your character Nilin to jump into somebody's memory, alter certain portions of said memory, and force them to remember something that didn't actually happen. The general idea of remixing memories is to manipulate someone into either having regrets, changing what they believe in, or completely forgetting a life-altering event. Though there aren't too many of these sequences, each moment is fun and makes you think. Each remix gives you a certain objective, and you must alter some or all options in order to get the result you want. Very cool concept in my opinion, though would loved to have seen more.

Plot I won't spoil anything, but the story was interesting, unique, something different than the usual zombie outbreaks or military operations or what have you. It's an idea that was thought out, and used effectively.

Cons:

Voice Acting The only thing that doesn't drive the story as great as it could is the voice acting. Many games have that one "voice in your head" guide that tells you what to do and where to go. This is no exception, and like other games, this voice gets annoying along the way. Other characters just don't seem to fit in with the personalities that the game sets for them. This doesn't go for every character, fortunately, just enough to want to tell a few people to hush every once in a while.

General gameplay When you're not fighting or remixing, you're running, pressing, or climbing. The latter isn't too eventful. Platforming in this game is far from great.

Story length/Replayability It's a short game, and understandably so given the plot. Without a multiplayer portion in the game, Remember Me gives a great campaign experience, though not too much of one. And that's it. You may want to replay it to retrieve missing collectibles to learn more about the history of the city and the organizations involved. But the story is linear at best. Unless you're looking to get your platinum trophy, you may be trading in the game days after you begin playing.

Completion The great story is hindered by it's flat ending. There's a moment where I'm left wondering about certain characters you met earlier in the game and if they achieved what they really wanted.

Overall: I think this will be a sleeper hit. The concepts are unique, the visuals are gorgeous, and there are little things throughout the game that made me appreciate the design of the world and the characters. I personally do not believe it deserved IGN's 5.9 rating, and it's not 9 or 10 worthy. But it's a hell of a game and a pretty incredible experience. I recommend giving it a try, even if you decide to wait til it's on sale or the price drops. Or rent it. Whichever you prefer. Go with your gut!
  95. Jun 9, 2013
    Now I'll admit this game popped up on my radar in a bit of peer pressure as some friends really loved the look of it but the first gameplay shown didn't have me sold. But they a few days later another gameplay was released involving a helicopter fight of sorts that's when i started my own love for it. It was passed up by many gaming companies for its female protagonist which i think isNow I'll admit this game popped up on my radar in a bit of peer pressure as some friends really loved the look of it but the first gameplay shown didn't have me sold. But they a few days later another gameplay was released involving a helicopter fight of sorts that's when i started my own love for it. It was passed up by many gaming companies for its female protagonist which i think is quite a silly reason. Now the gameplay is a bit linear(keeps it from a perfect score cause i really want to explore this world more, but i cant bring it down to 8 or 7 just because of that because they DID introduce a world i want to explore and my own enviousness of the world shouldn't affect the game it's self) Now the story is solid.

If had to I'd give it a 8-5 to 8-7 if there was a story graph above on this rating thing. I say 8ish because it is a bit of a obvious scifi title and the story is a bit deep ya kinda have to be open to sci fi in general to really appreciate i as such I've graded accordingly so that linear, fighting gamers will know what they get into when considering it. The combo building is a bit blah at first but i really liked it and as someone who loves remember combos as it makes me feel like im learning stuff mid-gameplay amount my own memory skills. As a fan of the open world genre of games it IS a bummer that i cant do that here. The fighting combo remembering makes me remember how Sleeping Dogs caught me by surprise as a great game as well. I feel like a bad-A$$ beating people up as Nilin

Sounds are just top notch, the voice acting is about at English dub anime levels where they sound they could fit the character well but a part of you thinks they could have played it a little less or in some cases a bit more dramatic. Nilin's actress is top notch i will say. Now the game sounds are also great i often play with headphones to not to annoy a tenant i share a wall with and i was thoroughly enthralled with the game and fully immersed.

Now lasting appeal does get an 8 as that its about an 8 hour campaign that once again is very straight forward. But the game is still a great addition to my collection and i will have something to trophy hunt on till i get The Last Of Us in 10 days. The graphics are beautiful and i didn't notice many graphics bugs and if there were any they certainly didn't catch my eye or ruin the game.

Now full-disclosure I WAS spurred to do this because the so many reviews about this(IGN specificly god how i dislike them) were just so unfair so it may be closer to a 4 to 4 and a half but there are no halves and even 4 seemed like a dumbed down score. Honestly i preordered this read reviews last and was like OH GOD I made I HUGE mistake. Then i got it today, started playing it and had NO clue why this was was happening the game is so good and so great. The reviews had me believing that it was horrid filth with its bads far outweighing the good and thats just not true. All and all I really suggest you play this game please don't let the big name game reviews be the ones you go to for your game news. Trust yourself and trust your instincts I think you'll be pleasently surprised, I know I was
  96. Jun 9, 2013
    First Impressions are a big thing to me with games. In the first ten minutes of it this game immediately hooks you as you feel like you're really thrown into Nilins' situation. (main character)
    I only got to play it for about 45 minutes this morning but from what I can tell, the game play is very much a cross between the new Tomb Raider and Prince of Persia.
    The fighting system is rather
    The fighting system is rather unique in itself, as a dodge can break up a combo that was being executed, and the combos themselves are ones YOU make up and program in, as opposed to having to memorize them.
    As far as graphics and sound go, I'd absolutely say a 10 on both in my opinion. They're smooth and sleek with a LOT going on in the background on most levels.

In the end if you like a game where you can scale walls and buildings like Tomb Raider, have a fighting system like Prince of Persia where you can actively dodge, and a badass story line where social media gets way out of hand, you'll definitely enjoy this.
  97. Jun 9, 2013
    I made the title to make it clear that this is a very solid campaign game. I generally play multiplayer games i.e. Battlefield 3, but we all know that those types of games are made mainly for the multiplayer, leaving the campaign pretty poor. Remember Me went for an all-out campaign game and it shows. This is a very detailed game and the team that put this together did an astonishing job.I made the title to make it clear that this is a very solid campaign game. I generally play multiplayer games i.e. Battlefield 3, but we all know that those types of games are made mainly for the multiplayer, leaving the campaign pretty poor. Remember Me went for an all-out campaign game and it shows. This is a very detailed game and the team that put this together did an astonishing job. The music, sound effects, the neo look are all great, but the story in this game is outstanding. The story behind Nilin will suck you in and you will look forward to when you can continue the journey in getting your memory back each time you have to quit the game.

As others have said you set up your combo moves which at first your hands will hurt just getting the combos pulled off. Once you get used to it it will be a little more fluid as the game notifies you when you have to hit either "Y" or "X" depending on whether your set up is for damage, self-healing, or cool down. Some enemies are tougher than others and at the end of Episode 2 I actually had to change the difficulty to the lowest setting to defeat the boss. That's another plus, being able to change the difficulty in order to prevent you from getting frustrated. Again, the story is so good that you will want to beat the heck out of foes in order to find out what's next.

If you are looking for a multiplayer game then pass on this one. If you are looking for a very solid campaign game that just sucks you in then do yourself a favor and pick this game up. Although, this game may be overlooked as I would have missed it if it wasn't for a recommendation from Amazon. I'm really glad this game found me and I think you will too.
  98. Jun 9, 2013
    Remember Me is an action/melee/platformer in every sense of the word. I've had a fun time playing this game and thought I'd break down my thoughts of why this is so.

Combat: I really like the customization feature of being able to select different moves (Pressens) with different benefits (power, regen, chain, and cooldown) and pick what combos are most comfortable for you personally as a player to pull off. You will learn additional moves as you go along, however the way this is done here is far from rpg-style gameplay; so do not expect that going in. You cannot button mash your combos as the game requires that you properly time yourself from one hit to the next. This, I think, has lead to a perception that the controls are unresponsive because the timing window from one hit to the next is very small. But, once I got the rhythm of a combo down I rarely had a problem finishing it. You fight a lot of multiple enemies, placed in arena-like portions of the map. Enemies tend to group up and their attacks will break your combos, so it is important that you plan ahead, gain space on individual enemies, dodge, and look for vulnerable openings. Sometimes, this is easier said than done as some enemies can leap from walls, block attacks, and so forth. If you just jump into a big group and start swinging or get yourself cornered, you'll get floored pretty quickly on any difficulty. Your special S-Pressens and your arm-mounted Spammer can also be great assets in the right situations; allowing you to turn robots on their masters and stun enemies for periods of time. All in all, the combat requires you to pay attention, be creative, memorize the rhythm of your combos, and think.

The World: NeoParis is an atmospheric and beautiful place. It really is a sight for the eyes. Familiar Parisian landmarks and architecture are spread throughout a world of flying drones, cables, slums, and futuristic skyscrapers. It is, unfortunately, linear. Not a great deal of open-world happens here. However, your objectives are always clear and helpful orange arrows give you tips on where to leap or climb to next. The game does hold your hand when it comes to directions and some gamers may feel it insults their intelligence which I can completely respect. I found the directional prompts useful largely because I didn't want to spend forever hanging from a pipe wondering where to go or what to do next. The non-enemy, non-essential NPCS do not interact with you very much. Some are busy in conversation with other NPCs, others talk to themselves, and some will give you a "I don't have time to chat" in one version or another. As long as you don't have a strong desire to be a social butterfly with NPCs, this means very little.

Collectibles: Like them or hate them, there are a few different collectibles to find in the game. Some, like the Mnemist Memories, give you information and backstory. Others, like SAT Patches, boost your health after every group of five that you find (which you'll occasionally get hints for via holo-screens). Despite being a linear game, collectibles are cleverly hidden around piles of trash, in building crannies, and sometimes behind shutters that you can open with your Spammer. I personally love to find stuff so having multiple collectibles was a great experience for me.

Voice Acting/Characters: Overall, not bad. The only hiccups I noticed is that Nilin's lips don't always sync properly when talking to Edge over the comm in her ear. The dialogue itself wasn't Shakespearean, but it was pretty well done, clearly heard, conveyed believable emotion for the most part, and suited it's purpose. Nilin is the only person in the game that really gets fleshed out as a character, but the devs did a nice job of making her a complex individual that is both driven yet also conflicted. It doesn't help of course that she has lost her memory right from the get-go and has to slowly work it back; forcing her to question herself and her decisions particularly during cutscenes.

Memory Remixing: This is a truely unique feature. You are able, at set parts of the game, to change the events recorded in someone's memory....or even accidentally glitch-out their memory. It basically works like a puzzle: You have to find the right things to change in the right order to get the desired result and complete your objective. Though you don't get these opportunities often enough, as has been one of the recurring criticisms, it's a very enjoyable part of the experience.

Achievements: If you're an achievement getter, prepare to be challenged. As a forewarning, snagging all of the achievements does require multiple play-throughs. But for the size of a game like this, it's not all that taxing.
  99. Jun 10, 2013
    Remember Me from Dontnod Entertainment is the french developers first game, and I can say with certainty that Dontnod will become a leader in innovating games.

Non spoiler story: Remember Me is a fantastic game set in the Cyberpunk theme of Neo-Paris, a city built after a European Union Civil War in 2066. Humanity has become addicted to a new form of technology that allows the

Non spoiler story:

Remember Me is a fantastic game set in the Cyberpunk theme of Neo-Paris, a city built after a European Union Civil War in 2066. Humanity has become addicted to a new form of technology that allows the sharing and downloading of memories.

You play as a woman with a form of amnesia that if I explained more would ruin the story. Suffice to say that a lot of people want you dead.

Gameplay:

Gameplay reminds me of the Tomb Raider without guns, along with great memory based puzzles. Before you think "boring" and stop reading you should know that the memories are other peoples. You have the ability to alter a persons memories in a genius puzzle that lets you tryout different outcomes to what could have happened and warping your targets perception if his or her own reality. You can only do this a few times during the story which is a shame but it makes a great change of pace from the combat.

Combat:

Speaking of combat, you can unlock moves during the game and arrange them in any order you like giving you that ability to make your own combos! Enemies are varied and will keep you on your toes as you try to figure out how to best them.

As you go on other abilities become available and give you more puzzling and can also play a role in combat, but as I try to write spoiler free reviews I'll leave that up to you to discover!

No toilet breaks!:

If you have a day sick in bed (like me) you will beat it in a day but you can't stop playing to do so.

Graphics and sound:

With the exception of one hard boss fight that has some repetition, the voice acting is well enough for the characters, with the best acting going to the main character. It is a beautiful game to look at from the grimy under city to the richer upper city and small extras in the environment really bring out the immersion.

Out of Ten:

Graphics 9

Sound 8

Gameplay 9

Collectibles 7

Over all 9.5
  100. Jun 10, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game. It is a good console-kind of an action. The best thing in this game is definitely the story. After just finishing blockbusters like Crysis 3 and Battlefield 3 (a bit late on this one), the story of Remember Me really made an impact on me. At least I can tell you what it was about after a few days pass (unlike the other 2 games I just finished).

The idea it is

The idea it is focused around is pretty interesting and somelike of the movie Inception but instead of dreams, the focus here is on memories. The graphics are exceptional and the sound is good enough to keep you immersed in the story. The city it is based in is called Neo-Paris and is very interesting and beautiful (I played it on 3D and it was very rewarding). The story keeps revealing twists so you don't want to stop playing because it keeps tingling your curiosity even though the unvarying battles and jump and run gameplay are a bit simple. Good thing they are not long enough to bore you.

The gameplay itself is nothing new with the exception of the combos. Fighting is pretty straightforward with one button for dodge, and 2 buttons for 2 attacks. The attacks can be linked in pre-made by you combos in which every hit gives you some boost (dmg, heal, etc.) Battles are really easy with the small variety of common enemies and a few bosses which are also as easy. The other part of the gameplay is running,jumping and climbing on some edges and stuff in the city which is extremely easy. You have a pointing arrow thing which shows you exactly where you have to jump or go in every moment so very little time is lost in wondering. This is the biggest con for this game. It is very very linear. It is a pity having such a beautiful environment as Neo Paris and not being able to roam even a little in it.

CONCLUSION:

My conclusion is that in such times of blockbusters, that awe you with graphics and constant action gameplay but are totally lacking any kind of story, a game like this is rewarding your brains and curiosity. Since the gameplay is really simple and easy I almost saw it like a movie just to satisfy my curiosity in the story, and was left with a rewarding feeling after I finished it.

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Remember Me is a competent action game that never really excels. The story is wasted and the platforming is poorly implemented with the rest of the game. Still the combat system is interesting and the framing around memories is at least somewhat original.
    A game with great potential, great setting and great music. However, it's knocked down by its incomplete implementation of the original ideas and its frustrating battle system. [Issue#231]
  3. Jul 8, 2013
    There are a lot of ideas packed into this game but I feel like if they would have cut back on a couple of the concepts to focus more on the story then this could have been a real stand out game. As it is now Remember Me is more appealing when it gets cheaper or if you have absolutely nothing to play.