7.3

1. Jun 10, 2013
    the story and environment more than make up for weak combat and platforming mechanics. play it on hard, and enjoy the fluidity of the game, don't expect a huge challenge or massive gameplay innovations. but do expect to get immersed and engaged in the world they've built. a really nice experience.
  2. Jun 6, 2013
    This is a great game. It's not going to win GOTY, but that's fine. If you're not turned off by the idea of a game on rails then Remember Me is a gorgeous, nuanced action/sci-fi video game that will be remembered fondly for its narrative and stunning visuals long after people have gotten over its minor gameplay shortcomings.
  3. Jun 5, 2013
    Clever, thought provoking and full of heart, what Remember Me lacks in innovation, graphical fidelity, and openness it more than makes up for with a stunning setting, incredible visual and audiatory design, and mountains of character. For me, it's a lot like Metro: Last Light. It's not doing anything new, but what it tries to do it does well and that's more than enough to forgive its flaws.
  4. Jun 7, 2013
    *UPDATE!

*UPDATE!

Four days ago I eagerly awaited the release game, and now that it is over I can say without any reserve that this is a game you DO NOT WANT TO MISS. I'll put the ending first for those who don't want to read my entire discourse. I rate "Remember me" as an 8/10, however I've decided to keep my official score as a 10 to help tip the scales. The simple fact is that as valuable as metacritic is, these scores can be the life or death of a game. The same way they can destroy or make a movie, or actor on stage. How many people will skip this game, simply because its not an 8 or higher? "Remember Me" is well crafted, it deserves to be played. DONTNOD Entertainment deserves whatever profits they can get, hopefully enough to encourage more games if not a sequel, which I personally would like to see.

So what games can I compare to "Remember me" to? In my opinion it plays like an assassin's creed warped in a deus ex with a twist (Memories rather than augmentations) The story? Fantastic! Not as good as AC2, or bioshock 1, but better than the ends of either Farcry 3, or deus ex. The combat system was one of genius; and quite frankly something I've been waiting a long time to see. It does have its downfalls eg. the boss battles are repetitive, but unlike AC once I learned this combat system there was never a moment where I had to get my bearings, where combat was too fast, or I was too surrounded. When you add that I was able to, with some restrictions, mold the combos it really puts the player in the action. I stopped worrying about which button at which time and simply enjoyed the game.

Graphics in "Remember me" are a delight to behold. When my computer reported that the game was running in 32bit, and directX 9 I didn't want to believe it. Of course thats the beauty of the unreal engine, from the moment I saw they used it I knew I'd like the game. I do wish they'd used directX 11, I do understand why they didn't but 11 has been out for a while now, and with top end graphic cards now costing half a grand for a single unit.

About the linear qualities of the game. I really do feel this was ultimately the downfall of "Remember Me", and it is why I rate it at 8/10. Below I did list some bugs I experienced, but these were all a minor inconvenience, and could be either limited to my computer or fixed with a patch. Many of the story elements of this game depended on it being linear, I understand that and enjoyed the story. However I believe that there was a lot of wasted potential, especially with the memory remixes in which I wish there was more of. Again I look forward to a sequel.

Errors in "remember me" include: 1) a few subtitle errors, 2) what appear to be some graphical glitches, like a bird stuck in place, and falling through the floor twice. One level appeared all red till I reloaded. 3) The camera is not completely free, it does fight you quite a bit in certain areas.

END OF UPDATE (Original post below)
    I would like to start by stating that I am not an avid video game reviewer, and in fact this is the first I've posting on this website. However, I do like many users look at metacritic scores to "tip the scales" when it comes to buy and judging games. I like many that have already posted, am trying to stop this game from dying before/at release, due to negative/low score. I have only just started this game, and will edit both my score and review later.

To start: The game runs smooth and so far flawless on my system with AMD FX6150, and ATI 6950HD. The music and sounds along with the animation in the menu immediately draw you in. It is clear in just starting it up, like hitman: absolution main menu, that some love went into crafting this game. Options for graphical changes were limited, but in no way hindered either my system, or (from what I can tell) the game in running smoothly.

Upon starting the intro the game loaded extremely fast especially for an HDD, the beginning immediately drew me into the story, my favorite part, and I once again I note care in the games design by a immersive sounds, lighting, sound effects, and small added details to the character's & NPCs clothing, and level design.

This is about as far as I can go so far, but If you read this, I urge you not to go by the current score. I will update this post as I continue to play the game. I am giving it a 10 atm to help balance until I can determine a fair score.
  5. Jun 30, 2013
    Wow! This was a fantastic, emotional journey for me and I loved (almost) every minute of it. There are QTEs and those are the moments I didn't like, but at least you don't die if you fail, just have to try again. The combat is not the focus of this game, although enemies do require a variety of tactics to deal with and I basically had 3 combos I relied on (when I had that many unlocked)Wow! This was a fantastic, emotional journey for me and I loved (almost) every minute of it. There are QTEs and those are the moments I didn't like, but at least you don't die if you fail, just have to try again. The combat is not the focus of this game, although enemies do require a variety of tactics to deal with and I basically had 3 combos I relied on (when I had that many unlocked) reduce cooldown of powers, heal, and do damage. I like that the game introduces new powers and abilities gradually, allowing you time to master them all, and gives hints if you're missing the way to deal with a specific enemy.

All of that is nothing of consequence, though, when you consider the gorgeously realised world and the story that you follow through it. This is the focus of the game and what makes this stand above all others this year so far. I don't care about the best way to click to kill things, what I care about is story crafting and being involved in what is happening at a deeper level. This game delivers in spades and I so hope that another game gets made. What a great vision and slickly executed. Please, if you are unsure of whether to bother with this then DO. Otherwise you will be missing out on a work of art.

It is a shame that this game wasn't better received, even though a lot of the criticism seems to be along the lines of "if only it had done it EVEN better then it would have been fantastic". I loved it. You probably will too, so take a chance!
  6. Jul 10, 2013
    This is very underrated game. I enjoyed this thoroughly despite it's obvious faults. It's fighting style is fluid, it will remind you a bit of batman with other unique abilities and gameplay elements that make it unique. The pacing of the game is solid, I never found myself bored or doing too much of one thing. This is something I dislike about "open world" games. This game is linear andThis is very underrated game. I enjoyed this thoroughly despite it's obvious faults. It's fighting style is fluid, it will remind you a bit of batman with other unique abilities and gameplay elements that make it unique. The pacing of the game is solid, I never found myself bored or doing too much of one thing. This is something I dislike about "open world" games. This game is linear and to the point. The graphics are fantastic on PC but I played it with a controller because I output it to my TV and it felt very comfortable with a controller on the big screen. The sound design and music is top notch, they really went over the top with the glitch style and it works perfectly in this setting where others try and do it and it doesn't fit nearly as well. The story is interesting and unique, you can kind of predict the flow but there's still not a whole lot of games out there that tell a similar story (I can think of a few but I'd rather not spoil it with comparisons).

On the bad side, I experienced a game breaking bug that required me to start from my checkpoint 3 times. A specific combination wasn't triggering the combat to end so it was odd and broke the immersion. There are a few other strange bugs where you weren't able to climb or maneuver correctly. The combat system is enjoyable BUT as many others have mentioned It's a bit disappointing that you can't chain attacks from enemy to enemy. So for example, if you want to do a 5x combo, you have to finish it on a single enemy. If you go up to 3 and then decide to dodge and hit another guy, it starts over. Doesn't feel like you build momentum as well as you should, however the abilities make up for it. The remixing is great, but I almost wish there was more of it. In fact, I wish the game was a few hours longer. It's linear, but almost too linear where you can probably run through the game pretty fast. The good thing is the art is great and every location is different but very cohesive.

As a side note, I got this game for $26 on Green man Gaming and I think it would be well worth $40-50 new. But if it goes on sale and you want to give it a try, I think you'll either really love it or you'll hate it.
  7. Sep 9, 2013
    Truly, I am astounded by these below-average mixed critic scores. There are games which play it safe and rely on conventions which still get around 75 to 80 marks. Then there are games that try to do something new but fail, and these get around 55 to 70 marks. But Remember Me is both unconventional AND good quality. For a genre as diverse as action-adventure, Remember Me makes a very niceTruly, I am astounded by these below-average mixed critic scores. There are games which play it safe and rely on conventions which still get around 75 to 80 marks. Then there are games that try to do something new but fail, and these get around 55 to 70 marks. But Remember Me is both unconventional AND good quality. For a genre as diverse as action-adventure, Remember Me makes a very nice addition. It's what you get if you combine Mirror's Edge with Assassin's Creed and DmC Devil May Cry. It's a third-person platforming combat puzzle game. However, despite what the reviewers say, the game is not disjointed at all. The platforming sections, combat, stealth puzzles and story are interwoven and give the game some variety. The combat consists of punch, kick and dodge. Whilst this may sound repetitive, the key feature is that you are rewarded for using combos, and you can choose how you want to mix and match these rewards from health regen, meter regen or more damage. Whilst it is quite slow and clunky in smaller areas due to the various enemies taking up too much space, it's certainly not as repetitive or broken as some claim it to be. Nowhere near as deep or fluent as Batman Arkham, but still hard-hitting and rhythm based. The platforming is generally very good, with few issues regarding where you can and can't go, because the game shows you where to go at all times. No major camera or controls issues either. Level design could be better given the context of the game, but at least it isn't boring. The memory remixing is a nice feature too, and kinda gives an "Inception" feel to the game. In terms of the story and characters, it's very similar to Mirror's Edge, but feels somewhat more developed and significant. Characters are well-developed and the story comes to a nice conclusion with scope for a sequel. There is a perfect balance between story and gameplay. Graphics on highest settings are very sharp for a DX9 Unreal Engine 3 game but then again, so are DmC and Mirror's Edge. Even though the game isn't too demanding on hardware, I struggled to get anywhere near 50 or 60 frames per second with an i5-3470, Radeon HD 7850 and 8GB RAM. This is no issue though, since the game still plays and looks great without any spikes in framerate. In conclusion, Remember Me doesn't rewrite the rulebook for action-adventure games; nor does it make significant advancements in any particular aspect. But it is a high quality yet different game which definitely deserves more credit than the critics are giving it. Expand
  8. Feb 4, 2014
    +The game has a very good atmosphere,cool soundtracks and gameplay may not be great but it is not bad also.
    +Story is something very new.
    +Game has about 3 Boss fights and they are all awesome especially madame boss fight. + Memory remix and remembrane are the most special thing about this game and they are really interesting. +Awesome looking levels that will make you stop for a while
    +Story is something very new.
    +Awesome looking levels that will make you stop for a while and stare at the environment.
    the bad:
    -it's only 8 chapters so it's quite short.
    -you are caged in levels although some of them look wide as you can see buildings and water around you.
    -only about 2 or 3 puzzles.
    -all the enemies and important characters that you chase have the same face like captain Trace.
  9. Jun 18, 2013
    i totally agree with everything good, that has been said about the game PLUS the fighting system is AWESOME! it does steal from arkhams batman obviously, but it does a good job stealing and even comes with some fresh ideas: check out the kombo-system, that lets you build your own kombos with different effects (damage, healing, cooling time for specials, mulitpicators), then there are thei totally agree with everything good, that has been said about the game PLUS the fighting system is AWESOME! it does steal from arkhams batman obviously, but it does a good job stealing and even comes with some fresh ideas: check out the kombo-system, that lets you build your own kombos with different effects (damage, healing, cooling time for specials, mulitpicators), then there are the special techniques that are ALL usefull and fun. whenever a fight starts you need to check against which kind of enemies you are fighting and really have to make a plan on how to beat them. and the game does a great job in introducing all the possibilities you have and all the varying enemies you are up against.

one little critic, that i haven't read yet: it makes me cry at night, that despite the main story cutscenes there are no dialoges in this game. whats the point in creating such an optically rich enviroment when you don't have the possibility to explore this world and get to know its inhabitants? that's reaaally sad and the only reason i wouldn't score a 10.
  10. Aug 30, 2013
    I really had fun playing Remember Me, and that's what makes a good game in my opinion. The story is great with quiet some unexpected twists and the characters are interesting. Also, i really liked the graphics of the game and the environment of "Neo-Paris". I think they created a great atmosphere there.
    The fighting system, though, is one of the worst ever and i had some trouble getting used to it. The game is also totally linear.
    All in all Remember Me is still a nice experience and really worth playing.
  11. Jun 23, 2013
    So i recently picked it up on steam, aware of the mixed reviews. What i got was a average action adventure, which was not memorable for it's mechanics, after all the freeflow combat was adopted from batman with the only adaptation being the combosystems. Unlike batman however, the combat didn't flow as good, but it was still rewarding enough if you timed it right, and the constant hoppingSo i recently picked it up on steam, aware of the mixed reviews. What i got was a average action adventure, which was not memorable for it's mechanics, after all the freeflow combat was adopted from batman with the only adaptation being the combosystems. Unlike batman however, the combat didn't flow as good, but it was still rewarding enough if you timed it right, and the constant hopping shouldn't break your combatflow (it lets you continue the combo). The combo system is also better than people are giving it credit for, i found it quite intuitive. Platforming could've been done better, but i fear this is a necessary evil due to the relatively narrow/linear area's. I suspect this is the devs first big game, they had limited time and resources and therefore could not create a Tomb Raider('13)-like enviroment. However the design of the levels works, and they help build suspension and build atmosphere, helped by the camera angles and lighting.
    The protagonist is why it scores high in my book. I'm not some drooling fanboy, but i'd like to see more non-male (Marcus Fenix type) Protagonists. Because the game wouldn't have worked without it. And it's shameful to see how contrived the gaming industry is, fearing that the game won't sell if there isn't some MANLY MAN posted on the box cover. No, it will likely not attract the Gears of War crowd...but they have gears of war (and will likely stay there). It will attract a different crowd, people who are interested in atmosphere, immersion, and a catchy story. A crowd that is really underserved at this point. And this is what this game is trying to do, and to a large degree pulls of rather nicely. I hope despite the mixed result the publishers see potential in this game, and won't let it turn into another Beyond Good & Evil. Because that's what this game reminds me off. And what i also love about this game. So my high score is 75% creditted to the game, and 25% for sponsoring new and interesting IP's.
  12. Jul 29, 2013
    Beautiful setting, amazing story. Combat is well above average but the meat of the game is how immersed you'll be in the world of Neo Paris. Forget the payola sucking reviewers wanting another soulless shooter. If you can appreciate games as art and enjoy a good story you'll cherish every moment of this roughly ten hour game. If you're a gamer (and I use the term loosely) who only findsBeautiful setting, amazing story. Combat is well above average but the meat of the game is how immersed you'll be in the world of Neo Paris. Forget the payola sucking reviewers wanting another soulless shooter. If you can appreciate games as art and enjoy a good story you'll cherish every moment of this roughly ten hour game. If you're a gamer (and I use the term loosely) who only finds joy in rushing through games without truely experiencing them? Get out--I mean... you might wanna pass on this. Expand
  13. Jul 16, 2013
    A really underrated game! i really enjoyed this game it is great it has a little flaws but it is still a great game the game has amazing graphics and visuals the environment that you play in is so beautiful and incredibly detailed the sounds in this game are just awesome and it has a decent story as well its flaws are in the game play if i could compare the combat in this game toA really underrated game! i really enjoyed this game it is great it has a little flaws but it is still a great game the game has amazing graphics and visuals the environment that you play in is so beautiful and incredibly detailed the sounds in this game are just awesome and it has a decent story as well its flaws are in the game play if i could compare the combat in this game to another game i would compare it to batman arkham city it is not as great as batman but it is also not that bad you create you're own combos which i find really cool aspect but the camera in the game doesn't help and without targeting system it might get a bit frustrating and it would have been better if it was a bit longer but still a great game that you should give a try Expand
  14. Jun 13, 2013
    This game is a little piece of art itself. After you get through the tutorial (which is pretty well implemented, very immersive) you get in love with the ambientation and the world that the guys from Dontnod Entertainment have created. Ok, the combat system may be not as complex as say Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, etc. But it actually is very fun, the Combo Lab is a really interesting toolThis game is a little piece of art itself. After you get through the tutorial (which is pretty well implemented, very immersive) you get in love with the ambientation and the world that the guys from Dontnod Entertainment have created. Ok, the combat system may be not as complex as say Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, etc. But it actually is very fun, the Combo Lab is a really interesting tool that should be definetly considered for future games of the genre. The level of exploration may be easy and a little linear, but you get to search really well to find all of the easter eggs, and some jumps/animations while doing some platforms are really awesome in my opinion. The levels where you have to remix the memories of a person are simply amazing, again really immersive, you feel completely like playing God.
    But the thing that really impressed me the most was the characters. All of them really polished and created with love. You are going to love Nilin, you are going to love Neo-Paris and you definetly are going to love the soundtrack, which I have to say, it's probably one of the best of the year.

If you like action but you don't consider a "super pro" at the genre, and you like well written stories and emotional characters... believe me, this is your game. You won't be dissapointed.
  15. Jun 18, 2013
    positive aspects: the main reason, i give this game a 10/10 rating, is it´s story and the atmosphere it creates. first of all, i´m a sci-fi-fan, and there aren´t that many really unique sci-fi-games out there. so here we got a game, that presents a setting unlike the usual post-apocalyptic or horror-fps-stuff. the setting and story are really refreshingly new, the art-style of the gamepositive aspects: the main reason, i give this game a 10/10 rating, is it´s story and the atmosphere it creates. first of all, i´m a sci-fi-fan, and there aren´t that many really unique sci-fi-games out there. so here we got a game, that presents a setting unlike the usual post-apocalyptic or horror-fps-stuff. the setting and story are really refreshingly new, the art-style of the game also. you´ve got moments with comic-art, moments with distortion effects, all very nice. finally the story: it´s based on a nice idea, it´s a creative approach, and there are some nice surprises. even though the end is a little bit predictable, it comes to a satisfying end, not leaving questions unanswered or making stupid cliff-hangers to introduce a planned "remember me 2". and that´s more than almost any game can offer i have played in the last couple of years.

neutral: the game is quite short. some people, like me, might find this positive, some people might be disappointed. i think, this game tells it´s story straight forward, and although i enjoyed every second of it, i´m happy, it doesn´t have any unnecessary lengths. it gives you a few days of excitement, and is finished, before it gets repetitive or boring.

negative: sometimes i struggled with the controls. but usually i buy games not sooner than 6 months after release, when the worst bugs have been patched away and things got a little bit polished. so for a 1-week-old release it´s ok, but i hope, till i will give this game a replay, it will have received some patches concerning the controls.
  16. Jun 22, 2013
    This may be one of the best games of this year. It encompasses a limited, yet beautifully thought up environment with fantastic very customizable gameplay and an amazing plot. on PC there are some choices you can recognize that would be much better with a controller, but it makes up for it with more than fantastic graphics (there's this setting I've never seen before called super-sampling.This may be one of the best games of this year. It encompasses a limited, yet beautifully thought up environment with fantastic very customizable gameplay and an amazing plot. on PC there are some choices you can recognize that would be much better with a controller, but it makes up for it with more than fantastic graphics (there's this setting I've never seen before called super-sampling. It makes everything look amazing but it can lower frame rates.)
    overall this game is one that shall hold a place in my heart for many years to come, and I cannot recommend it enough
  17. Aug 13, 2013
    This game deserves more than 7.2, I'd give it a solid 8.5.
    Pros:
    Beautiful graphics
    Interesting background story and plot
    Very good voice acting (especially the main character)
    Strong female protagonist
    Great combat
    Fantastic music

Cons
    Camera angle is a bit hard to control at points
    Encountered a couple of minor bugs

Overall, definitely worth playing hope for a free roam sequel?
  18. Dec 31, 2013
    I like this game very much perhaps its the pastiche of Philip K. Dick and William Gibson themes, reminders of other games like Deus Ex; Remember Me feels like something out of Metal Hurlant with its story, characters and cyberpunk stylings. Nice flourishes like a memory "remixes" are the most fun parts, yet sadly are not capitalized on. Gameplay is something we've all seen before in aI like this game very much perhaps its the pastiche of Philip K. Dick and William Gibson themes, reminders of other games like Deus Ex; Remember Me feels like something out of Metal Hurlant with its story, characters and cyberpunk stylings. Nice flourishes like a memory "remixes" are the most fun parts, yet sadly are not capitalized on. Gameplay is something we've all seen before in a third person brawler; very reminiscent of Rocksteady's Arkham Asylum (Dontnod can hardly be blamed wishing to emulate that game). A linear title, but a pretty one, and quite enjoyable. Expand
  19. Nov 16, 2014
    I picked this game up in a Steam sales because it looked interesting without any expectations and it blew me away! This game was simply the best cyberpunk experience I ever played. Beautiful artful graphics (Neo Paris looks breathtaking), great electro music especially towards the end of the game and an truly awesome story (especially appealing to someone who has own kids). I completed theI picked this game up in a Steam sales because it looked interesting without any expectations and it blew me away! This game was simply the best cyberpunk experience I ever played. Beautiful artful graphics (Neo Paris looks breathtaking), great electro music especially towards the end of the game and an truly awesome story (especially appealing to someone who has own kids). I completed the story in 15 hours and to me this game didn't feel more repetitive than Assassins Creed or the Batman Arkham games. Expand
  20. Jun 25, 2013
    It's impossible to deny that gameplay is hardly engaging, but it's overly easy not to pay any attention to it thanks to the incredibly immersive world and captivating story, both of which blew mind my mind.
  21. Aug 5, 2013
    Good linear story which took me 14h to complete the game (without rushing through). Graphics are well done and create a dense atmosphere. Gameplay is somewhat simple, and not too difficult at normal setting. Mouse and Keyboard controls are precise and well done, so is the camera system. IMHO if you like tomb raider in a scify setting without too much thinking this is for you.
  22. Jun 30, 2013
    Nice mix between Mirror's Edge and Assasins Creed, Also enjoyed the story, the way combos are performed and all the movements that our girl can do! I do anjoyed this game!
  23. Apr 20, 2014
    Let me start off by saying the first 2 hours were horrible. But after that what seems like a crappy Assassin's Creed clone blooms into a beautiful dynamic game. It has a very original 1984 esque story with some of the best character development to date. You can tell the creators really bled themselves dry to create something that will be remembered for decades to come.
  24. Jun 3, 2014
    A terribly underrated game, which was obviously very tightly developed. Amazing setting of Neo-Paris, where the only currency are memories - the juicier, the better. Incredible music, blending instrumental sound with a glitchy electronic vibe. The gameplay is a bit simpler and slightly unrefined, since it all boils down to just having the longest, most varied combo and doing it over andA terribly underrated game, which was obviously very tightly developed. Amazing setting of Neo-Paris, where the only currency are memories - the juicier, the better. Incredible music, blending instrumental sound with a glitchy electronic vibe. The gameplay is a bit simpler and slightly unrefined, since it all boils down to just having the longest, most varied combo and doing it over and over again but the fact that you can customize your own combos is something fresh and interesting.
    The writing could have been better at some points but it can hold it's own.

Overall it's a very good game and it's not just a simple button-masher, it has depth as well.
  25. Jun 13, 2013
    Remember Me it is not a game. It is an experience, an epic experience. Totally worth to take part in it. Great climate, charismatic main character, brilliant music and good gameplay. I wouldn't compare it to any other production. It is a small piece of art.
  26. Jun 10, 2013
    having actually beaten the game and enjoyed it, it's definitely much more linear than Uncharted. it's corridor after corridor after corridor. Uncharted doesn't do that and i've completed 2 & 3.
    It's level design is extremely similar to Enslaved. but Enslaved is far worse. the Linearity also hurts with the game's lack of collectibles.
    unquestionably though this is the second most linear
    unquestionably though this is the second most linear game i've ever played. beautiful graphics, good story, and solid gameplay
  27. Jun 10, 2013
    The story of Remember Me is fascinating. Nilin is not a cliche protagonist with amnesia. She has a true motive, and you will enjoy finding out that motive along with Nilin. Voice acting in this game is superb, and the music used to enhance the atmosphere is mesmerizing. The opening title theme is one of my favorite tracks.

The gameplay for the most part is good. Combat could be a

The gameplay for the most part is good. Combat could be a little more fluid, but it still works. Platforming, stealth, and puzzles break up the monotony of fighting, which is great.

Overall, Remember Me is a different type of title. If you are looking for a change of scenery in a sea of sequels, this is the game for you. Science fiction fans shouldn’t pass this one up either.
  28. Jun 15, 2013
    Pros
    *Love the story and environment design.
    *Memory remix sequences are a blast to play.

Cons
    *Gameplay and save system leaves a lot to be desired.
    *unskippable cutscenes discourages replaying a chapter to hunt for collectibles
    *combat gets repetitive real fast
  29. Jun 17, 2013
    Game had one of the most interesting and well executed plots I've seen in a while. The buildup and twists felt right, and the ending took an interesting turn that still managed to wrap up everything quite well. Also it had just the right amount of closure as well. Soundtrack and art style are absolutely beautiful as well. However, gameplay, as many have probably mentioned, is very weak.Game had one of the most interesting and well executed plots I've seen in a while. The buildup and twists felt right, and the ending took an interesting turn that still managed to wrap up everything quite well. Also it had just the right amount of closure as well. Soundtrack and art style are absolutely beautiful as well. However, gameplay, as many have probably mentioned, is very weak. Repetitive platforming and combat bog down the game. Camera angles are annoying at times too. Also some voice acting was a bit off. Game could have easily been polished gameplay wise; it does feel a bit rushed sadly.

tl:dr version: amazing story, art and OST. Poor gameplay gets in the way. I'd say this is a "let's play" game; in other words you're probably better off watching a good youtuber or what not.
  30. Dec 21, 2014
    One of the best games I've ever played in terms of narrative and gameplay originality. Memory remixing is incredibly genius idea. Artwork and textures display new scenes for futuristic dystopias. I strongly recommend this game for all sci-fi and dystopia fans.
  31. Apr 20, 2014
    One of the most overlooked games of its year, possibly due to the misguided advertising. I played this game without having no prior knowledge of its existence and boy oh boy, was I in for a surprise. This game is definitely ahead of its time and I was really amazed by how overlooked this gem was. Capcom really went above and beyond with this one. The funny thing is though, it's not thatOne of the most overlooked games of its year, possibly due to the misguided advertising. I played this game without having no prior knowledge of its existence and boy oh boy, was I in for a surprise. This game is definitely ahead of its time and I was really amazed by how overlooked this gem was. Capcom really went above and beyond with this one. The funny thing is though, it's not that the game introduces some new element to gaming but that it uses a familiar game formula so brilliantly! It's the perfect example of what happens when game developers take their time when making a game. Asides from the awesome graphics, the gameplay mechanics are great and the storyline is awesome! It definitely raises your standards in gaming if not done right. That is, IF done right. This was meant to be an immersive game so quality headphones, a comfortable seat and a 360 controller are a must (after owning a strong rig of course). Expand
  32. Nov 14, 2014
    I do not understand **** ratings people give this amazing game. The story is very good, the graphics are of the highest level, the soundtrack is one of the best I've enjoyed in any game before, well fitted perfectly in the turns of history. If it's a linear game, and is perhaps the only reasonable criticism I've read, but is not it true that "The Last Of Us" is linear and has 10/10 in overI do not understand **** ratings people give this amazing game. The story is very good, the graphics are of the highest level, the soundtrack is one of the best I've enjoyed in any game before, well fitted perfectly in the turns of history. If it's a linear game, and is perhaps the only reasonable criticism I've read, but is not it true that "The Last Of Us" is linear and has 10/10 in over 200 publications as long and wide the world?

"Remember Me" is like a good glass of wine. Not everyone likes it, but everybody should be able to recognize the work involved in running a job of this exquisite quality.

The Spanish translation is a little bad sync with the mouth movements of the characters, but it is somewhat understandable given the differences in the oral articulation and existing sentences in French and Castilian. Evidently motion capture is based on models that spoke French, but not overlook it an outstanding job.

If you like intense stories and twists in the story lines, plus futuristic scenarios this is your game. I say that not many titles in the video game market at the height of "Remember Me"
  33. Jul 11, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game. It has great graphics and stunning environments, great music, and I loved the sci-fi plot. Definitely nice to have an interesting new plot. The game play is alright. The memory remix is a welcome mechanic, and really fits in well with the game. It's linear, but it fits with Remember Me's story. The combat isn't overly challenging (I played on normal) but some ofI really enjoyed this game. It has great graphics and stunning environments, great music, and I loved the sci-fi plot. Definitely nice to have an interesting new plot. The game play is alright. The memory remix is a welcome mechanic, and really fits in well with the game. It's linear, but it fits with Remember Me's story. The combat isn't overly challenging (I played on normal) but some of the fights are interesting. The story and visual/environmental design absolutely are the strong points of Remember Me. If you like sci-fi at all, you won't want to miss this it's a lot of fun. I look forward to whatever Dontnod makes next. Expand
  34. Sep 22, 2013
    A visit to Neo-Paris 2084 itself is worth playing this game. It has good action and puzzles, great storytelling, and an absolutely amazing setting. The environment and the methods that require use of the remixer glove to navigate make me think that this is what Hydrophobia Prophecy, a different game from a defunct indie developer, should have been.

'Remember Me' takes place in a

'Remember Me' takes place in a beautiful futuristic city, with a little cyberpunk slum thrown into the mix. You play as Nilin, a wicked-awesome memory hunter that starts off with her memory being wiped, and goes on an adventure to get her memories back and take down a corrupt system. To help along theway, she has a glove that does everything from opening doors and moving objects (similar to Kate's keytool in Hydrophobia), to taking down enemies like a cannon, and ultimately steal/remix memories.

The climbing and navigating challenges were fun, and there's also a very unique puzzle system, which exists in this game here; remixing memories at major points in the game were pieces of art themselves! However, these were used rarely (only on key characters), but I suppose the writers wanted to emphasize that this was a power not to be abused by the heroine. Still, I wouldn't have minded if they added one or two more events along the way.

The story is interesting and tight, avoiding inconsequential side-quests that don't contribute to anything, and instead opt to let you see the amazing sights around you while pursuing your objectives.

There are several QTEs, which I found a little annoying, but the combo system they have is entertaining and allows for interesting combat. I would really like to see whatever improvements DONTNOD might have planned if we're ever fortunate enough to see Neo-Paris again.

Meanwhile, go and play this game!
  35. Jun 10, 2013
    Simply put, Remember Me is one of the most stunning games to come in a long time. Beautiful visuals, a gripping soundtrack, and a well-designed protagonist unlike any other, make for a fantastic experience that will draw you in from the very start.

The soundtrack especially is one of the hallmarks of the game. It has a REZ-like quality to it. During combat, music has a sort of techno style, with a beat that seems to fluctuate depending on how well you fight. String enough combos together, and the speed of the music picks up and flows. Take a hit however, and the music appears to grind to a halt as you recover. Add this to the innovative, albeit underdeveloped, combo crafting system, and the solid feel that combat has in general, and it makes for a wonderful fighting system that will have you looking forward to every encounter with the residents of Neo Paris.

Nilin herself is a fantastic character. She seems more real than other protagonists in almost every way. Nilin is possessing of a rather exotic look, and coupled with a fantastic voice actor she immediately becomes appealing from the very start. The developers seem to have taken a clue from the recent Tomb Raider as well. Nilin walks and runs in a very life-like manner. She glances around at various people and objects that she passes, looks behind her every now and then as she runs, and holds her arm up to shield her face from the heat of flames in the event that you encounter them. Such elements serve to bring the character to life in a more engaging manner.

Remember Me is not without flaws however. The combat system, though solid and innovative, feels like a missed opportunity. The combo lab allows the player to create a number of combos from four different varieties of moves, thus giving the player a measure of control over how combat plays out. However, the system might leave the player with a feeling as if there should have been a few more move types to work with, and perhaps a couple more combo strings to customize. In terms of length, some players may also feel that the story is rather short at an estimated 7-10 hours. It is worth noting however that quality over quantity is a mantra to live by, and Remember Me should not be overlooked simply because of its length.

The story itself is best left as a surprise, to be discovered by the individual, but altogether these aforementioned elements of the game make for a fantastic, engaging experience. The game can only be compared to the likes of Enslaved and Okami, more art than anything else. While some may feel that Remember Me is more on the side of art and doesn't quite step over the border to the side of gaming, it is nevertheless a wonderful experience that should not be missed for any reason.
  36. Jun 4, 2013
    Remember Me is an awesome game. It’s sometimes frustrating with it's difficulty, but it also transports you to an amazing world with striking designs, a deep culture, and interesting characters. The game might rely a little too heavily on “been there, done that” elements of play, but when it breaks from the norm and it does so often it hands players power and a sense of freedom inRemember Me is an awesome game. It’s sometimes frustrating with it's difficulty, but it also transports you to an amazing world with striking designs, a deep culture, and interesting characters. The game might rely a little too heavily on “been there, done that” elements of play, but when it breaks from the norm and it does so often it hands players power and a sense of freedom in experimentation. Expand
  37. Jul 16, 2013
    WOW. Most amazing game. So deep and emotional. Big Kudos to the developers. This game is a real piece of art and will be remembered forever.

The mechanics could need some work, that is true. But if the outcome is this impressive I don't care for a little clumsiness.

It's such a shame that the usual reviewer seems to be to stupid to 'get' this game. This is an instant classic.
  38. Oct 19, 2013
    Awesome and smart "Johnny Mnemonic"-like story with sweet graphics, tasty platformer parts and smashing combats what do you need more to remember and love the game? I really satisfied with it. THX Dontnod.
  39. Jun 11, 2013
    Remember me offers one of the best stories in a console/PC game, stunning graphics and a very believable futuristic world. The story is by far the best asset in the game, yet the story unfolds with nearly no player-choices. It provides something close to an interactive movie in the same way as select Naughty Dog games or Ubisoft games. Like a movie, you cannot influence the end, you justRemember me offers one of the best stories in a console/PC game, stunning graphics and a very believable futuristic world. The story is by far the best asset in the game, yet the story unfolds with nearly no player-choices. It provides something close to an interactive movie in the same way as select Naughty Dog games or Ubisoft games. Like a movie, you cannot influence the end, you just discover it while the story moves forward. In my humble opinion, the fact that the world is realistic and Nilin shares thoughts and views with you makes the whole much more compelling.

But lets set the expectations right. If you are looking for freedom of choice, non-linear story. Something like GTA or Saint Row, then this game is not for you. It is closer to a Tomb Raider, Uncharted or Assassin Creed 2.

On the gameplay, as it seems to be a recurring critique:

If I would have to make a mixed review of the gameplay, it would be that it starts too basic and scales up in complexity slowly. Yet, once you are in Episode 4+, faced a couple of Boss and groups of enemies need to be dealt with more care. When you start to have a full arsenal of powers and multiple combos, especially in Memory Hunter mode; then you get the full potential of the gameplay.

But the full potential only comes 4+ hours into the game. That's maybe something DONTNOD should have thought about. The gameplay is not a revolution, but it is better then Assassin Creed or AC2. Even more interesting than Tomb Raider from a combat perspective, even if weaker from a platform gameplay perspective.

Imho, there is a lot of potential for improvement. But it is a first game in a new setting. The augmented reality implementation is very nice. The fact you can recognize Paris places and settings is awesome too. The memory hack principle may need refinement in order to be slightly less time consuming, yet it works fine.
  40. Jun 29, 2013
    This game is just awesome. Since it was available to pre-purchase it, I couldn't wait to hold this game in my hands.
    Now, that I've played it a couple of hours I can say it again. This game is absolutely worthly to play.
    It contains a great story, great music and a pretty well gameplay. Of course, it's not perfect. The camera-handling with the controller (it's terrible on the PC with
    It contains a great story, great music and a pretty well gameplay.
    Of course, it's not perfect. The camera-handling with the controller (it's terrible on the PC with keyboard and mouse for my taste, with controller it's way more likely to handle) could be better here and there. The terrain where you could go in the game could be a little bit bigger, but that's all I can criticise. Otherwise this game shows that you can make a great game even as your first game of the studio (DONTNOD Entertainment) and without those damn fire-weapons and stuff like that (which is now in about 70% of the new game-IPs) just with a great character design and a cool fighting-system.
    It shows some great new ways to play a game, and I really hope that the harsh critic of some guys here and the not that good sales of the game won't ruin a sequel to this, which fixes the critic-points of the first game and shows an even better experience for the player. If Remember Me 2 will come, I'll buy it. Definentaly.
  41. Oct 27, 2013
    it seems i only give my vote to highly underrated games (see my other reviews), but i just can´t help to see the injustice brought by the official critics to what i would call a gem of a game. if you are into cyberpunk, like dark and complex storylines and can live with a few (really only a few) flaws, then let me recommend this game: awesome graphics, nice gameplay, intriguing storyline,it seems i only give my vote to highly underrated games (see my other reviews), but i just can´t help to see the injustice brought by the official critics to what i would call a gem of a game. if you are into cyberpunk, like dark and complex storylines and can live with a few (really only a few) flaws, then let me recommend this game: awesome graphics, nice gameplay, intriguing storyline, great art direction as well as the music. overall well done. especially for the first title of a studio. well done, dontnod! Expand
  42. Oct 20, 2014
    This game could of easily of been a 10/10 if it wasn't for some of it's issues. First the good. The story is a great cyberpunk tale and the environment of Neo Paris is beautiful. The music is one that you will want to continue listening well after the game ends. The combat system is fun and allows you to design your own combos. And the puzzles in this game are actually puzzles unlikeThis game could of easily of been a 10/10 if it wasn't for some of it's issues. First the good. The story is a great cyberpunk tale and the environment of Neo Paris is beautiful. The music is one that you will want to continue listening well after the game ends. The combat system is fun and allows you to design your own combos. And the puzzles in this game are actually puzzles unlike other games that ditched the concept of having puzzles in them. *cough cough* Resident Evil *cough*

Now the bad, Quick time events are a **** in this game. Sometimes they don't show up correctly and will make you lose a boss fight. The camera extremely annoying in the combat and the auto aim feels clunky.

Like I said if it wasn't for the bad, all the good would of made this game a 10/10. Still if you are a fan of cyberpunk, this game is a must buy. If you don't care too much about cyberpunk, the game might not be able to hold you.
  43. Jun 6, 2013
    As the credits roll on this 11 hour journey, I’m pleasantly surprised to see such a great title come out of a brand new studio. The team at DONTNOD Entertainment have brought something unique to the table, giving us not only beautiful graphics and incredible sound, but also a new combat approach wrapped around a very engaging storyline
  44. Jun 7, 2013
    This is really an obligatory "review" to tip scales, as some others are doing, to the positive side of things.

I generally don't hold general opinions with any merit at all in the first place, but this is one game I can't allow to stay so low when it's so well done. I suppose this is proof that user-generated ratings really are crap. I believe some people should rethink how saying 4 out of 5 portions of the game design are great, with one being personally distasteful, yet giving the game a 5> is justified or even remotely rational. I can understand some people's qualms about linearity, QTEs, and general interruptions to the game, but I also understand those aren't very objective or sensible complaints. QTEs? Dialogue? Linearity? Are these really bad in a game that's aimed to be story-centric and immersing? I don't believe so. I would be speaking out of my ass if I said the gameplay was intuitive as a whole, but see, that doesn't make it unoriginal. Does it come up with a grand new scheme ideas and elements we've never seen before? As a whole, no. It has some elements that are original, but others aren't. Does that make it unoriginal, mundane, and copy-paste, though? Absolutely not. Originality is not black and white, and you should feel bad if you believe it is.

Overall, though, this is a game that most people probably won't enjoy. Why? Because we're being spoiled with massively open worlds, rail-shooters, etc. A fraction of people will like this game, and an even smaller fraction will truly understand the passion behind it and how great it is.
  45. Jun 8, 2013
    Great plot and world. Too little time to show it. Perfect combat system, bad camera management and not polished tutirial. The game can make you worry for characters, but they are outnumbered by faceless enemies. So it's just 8.
  46. Jan 26, 2014
    How could a game so wonderful get such terrible reviews? How could a game that I'd consider one of the best ever made get seen so poorly? Every aspect of this game, every single facet, is amazing -- the world, the characters, the flow of the combat. I will never understand, and will lament for quite a while, that this game may never get its proper recognition -- but I can say here and now,How could a game so wonderful get such terrible reviews? How could a game that I'd consider one of the best ever made get seen so poorly? Every aspect of this game, every single facet, is amazing -- the world, the characters, the flow of the combat. I will never understand, and will lament for quite a while, that this game may never get its proper recognition -- but I can say here and now, do yourself a favor: play Remember Me. Expand
  47. Jun 14, 2013
    Beautiful game, I really liked the story, its characters, especially Nilin (The main character). And of course, i loved the incredible dystopian ambience in Paris.

I wish it was open world to explore the beautiful city, but it turned out to be linear, which is not all bad because it allows you to concentrate on the story without deviating in other variants. The mechanics of combat

The mechanics of combat can be frustrating at first, but after some time and practice, it turns out to be easy and intuitive with combos really easy to execute, and the possibility of causing damage with special powers.

The game is not very long, but does very well with its 8 chapters.
    This is another of those games that hopefully will have a sequel. It was a nice surprise and it is a very solid game. A job well done in this one.
  48. Jun 17, 2013
    Awesome game. Enjoyed the adventure from the begining to the end. The atmosphere is awesome, music is fantastic. Art is outstanding. Models are wonderful. I mean.. if you dont like or you dont understand Art will not like the game
  49. Jul 9, 2013
    imagine a mix of mirrors edge, tomb raider, street fighter, with the graphics of unreal tournament 3. thats basically what it is.

but not in a bad way. i had a lot of fun playing this, seriously. the game includes so many new ideas, a good story and an incredible use of the unreal engine. leveldesing, especially the later stages, the reflections, the light effect and details

but not in a bad way.
    i had a lot of fun playing this, seriously.

leveldesing, especially the later stages, the reflections, the light effect and details simply amazing.

the music and sounds are matching, the controls are simple.
    i point that out because some noobs in the forums complain about "hard controls and weird camera angle". i call this the camera is just moving like at tomb raider, or else.

the only thing i didnt like were the enemies, there could have been more different ones, and i would like to have a litte more open world feeling.
    the game also bugs sometimes when you alt+tab while its running.

all together its a great game and shouldnt be missing in your collection.
  50. Jul 5, 2013
    It is a very, very beautiful and sexy game, with a lot of artistic sense in it. Everybody who has been in free-climbing (as a sport or adventure) can see big influence from that thanks.
    On the other side it could benefit from the better fighting with more strategic ideas in it not just a hysteric left-right mouse buttons pressing added by the space bar and WASD keys... You know, to have a feeling you were smart at the end of the fighting scene, not just that you have quick fingers. After 11 hours of play still do not understand combos what to use and how.
    In any way, didn't regret buying it. Would recommend to everybody with inclination to SF. Graphics is one of the best ever.
  51. Jul 24, 2013
    This game deserves a MUCH higher rating than it has. It's not a 66. I'm thoroughly enjoying this game. The combat system fights like batman, but you also get to select how each strike in a combo effects your situation. Some strikes can heal you, some can reduce cooldown timers, some add more damage. Ignore the metacritic rating. Watch the gameplay videos. If you think you might like itThis game deserves a MUCH higher rating than it has. It's not a 66. I'm thoroughly enjoying this game. The combat system fights like batman, but you also get to select how each strike in a combo effects your situation. Some strikes can heal you, some can reduce cooldown timers, some add more damage. Ignore the metacritic rating. Watch the gameplay videos. If you think you might like it from that, then play. Expand
  52. Aug 16, 2013
    Super Spiel jeder Cent war es wert!
    Super Story!
    Und Gute Grafik!
    Gute Musik!
    Gameplay ist in Ordnung!
    Macht Super Spaß das Spiel noch mal zu Zocken
  53. Jun 23, 2013
    The only reason I'm giving this game a 10/10 is beacuase I feel the current scoring does not accurately reflect the state of the game at present time. Remember Me is one of the most refreshing gaming experiences I have had in a while.

That said, many people like to complain about the combat, for me the combat was just fine. It was fluid & provided a good customization system for your combos, I only wish it wasn't only limited to four. And since when did linearity become such a bad thing, it is absurd how we declare games as bad if they don't offer Skyrim levels of exploration. I don't want Skryim in my Remember Me. Skyrim was a terrible game that doesn't deserve any of the praise that is currently has. Everything about it was bland & uninspiring. My taxes are too damn high!
  54. Mar 26, 2014
    This game is highly underrated. The story kept me interested, the combat was really fun, boss battles wer entertaining. Voice acting was pretty good (Edge was kind of crappy), but really I don't think this game deserves the crap I've read about it. People are too critical.
  55. Jun 8, 2013
    Taking into consideration that this is a new title from a new game developer. I personally think that this game is surprisingly good and I really look forward to what DONTNOD entertainment do next. It has a unique style to the game and interesting mechanics, the only thing that is holding this game back is the combat. I love the fact that you can personalize the combos in the game, butTaking into consideration that this is a new title from a new game developer. I personally think that this game is surprisingly good and I really look forward to what DONTNOD entertainment do next. It has a unique style to the game and interesting mechanics, the only thing that is holding this game back is the combat. I love the fact that you can personalize the combos in the game, but after a while I feel that the combat becomes somewhat of a chore. And I would have liked to see more memory mixing moments in the game as that's what the game is about.

Overall a good game from a new development company, and I look forward to what they do next. Definitely check this game out.
  56. Jun 4, 2013
    Polaris1020 8 Remember Me is destined to be overlooked, which is sad. One thing is for sure: It is a true underrated gem.

I'm about mid-way in the game, and it is a fantastic and hypnotic game, captivating me with it's beautiful and heavily detailed world. The setting is the first thing you'll notice; vivid, unconventional colors blot this world, and it is a feast for the eyes.

Combat works and plays out like Batman, but not quite as fluid. The ability to change up your combos makes for a refreshing experience each time. Enemies are can be quite tough in numbers--especially when they differ in types, forcing you to use different tactics for various enemies. Button mashing won't get you very far.

The platforming and exploration are the weakest links, as they are far too scripted. You never get a sense that you're in immediate danger from scaling walls. And exploration is so linear, so confined, which is a shame considering Neo-Paris is a major sight to behold.

Memory Remixes are the star of Remember Me, setting it apart from other action/adventure games. Basically, you can hack into peoples memories and alter things, changing the outcome of their behavior. It's fun to mess around and experiment. Not to mention, the memory remixes give great insight into Nilin's character; you really get a sense that she is conflicted with the ethics of what she is doing, which, in my opinion, makes her a very human character to which we can relate.

The story... I won't elaborate about it. You really need to experience it for yourself because it will blow you away. Some of the writing is awful, though. But most of it works.

Overall, fantastic game. The story and lore are the strongest aspects. The game play is, for the most part, solid. Remember Me gets an 8/10 for me.
  57. Jun 8, 2013
    Before I start, i'd like to state that the game is good, it's not a 10/10 at best i'd rate it 7.5/10 however due to checking reviews before buying the game, and then deciding to ignore the large proportion of which are negative against the game and go out and buy it anyway, i feel it has a lot of undeserved criticism, hence the review.

There are 3 basic game play styles of this game:

There are 3 basic game play styles of this game: Assassins creed style climbing system, Capcom's usual fighting system in a hack and slash sorta way, and finally a Lara croft puzzle exploration system. Broken down it doesn't sound inspiring and hell some are issue's with linearity with the game, don't go expecting another Dishonored with branching stories and several layers of exploration, its not what your going to get.

This however from my view was never meant to be the strength of the game, or what even intrigued me in the first place. When I first watched the trailer what amazed me was the concept, the story line is unique, its original and its fresh. This coupled with visual style of mirrors edge and background visuals that I would say rival Deux Ex: Human Revolutions...which if you haven't played that game, are stunning, well and truly.

The story-line will keep you interested throughout the game which in my opinion was of an acceptable length, there are 3-4 collectibles 3 of which are upgrades e.g health and 1 take a codex role of providing additional information. If you look for these then the game time will definitely be much longer as there around 50 of each to find.

The user interface is simple and easy to understand, i was using an xbox 360 controller to play the game and found that the controls where relatively easy to cope with, however spikes in difficulty were present in boss fights. They are a b***h when compared to the average enemies.

The greatest asset to the game however, is most certainly the memory remix, its worth playing the game purely for this one feature and it's something i haven't seen pulled off in any other game, if built upon in sequels this mechanic could be one of the greatest pieces of game play on the market.

Overall this game will entertain you for sure, its no game of the year, however, i feel if they have an option of a sequel, then they could build certainly on the existing material and that may be a GOTY contender, but it would require a vast improvement in basic game-play i.e exploration. I'd recommend this once the price drops to mid £20's but its well worth picking up and playing :)

+ Visuals/Graphics
    +Concept
    +Combat
    +Story line
    +Originality
    +Refreshing original player character (doesn't fall into stereotypes)

-Limited exploration
    -Linear
    -Lack of branching story line
    -Capcom's inevitable marketing practices e.g DLC
    -Very slow start (Have to get to at least episode 3)
  58. Jun 5, 2013
    Game need just to be polished in some aspects. Capcom sould give more money to these guys, it is seen that the budget was too low.
    But is good stuff.
    I liked it
    Try it.
  59. Jun 11, 2013
    The game is just awesome, detailed world cool music, diverse setting, and most importantly (at least for me) is a very interesting and emotional storyline.
  60. Jun 8, 2013
    This game is a gem that is likely to remain under-rated due to the simple fact it is not a game style or a setting that will be appreciated by everyone.

Most critic reviews have complained about the game being 'linear' and having a 'constricted; level design; both, while true, are in no way a deciding factor in whether a game is good or not; heck Bioshock Infinite was linear and yet is probably one of the best games of this decade.

Remember me has a memorable setting and lead; an excellent soundtrack, an intuitive combat system and most importantly is not another 'me too' FPS/TPS with guns and bulky dudes. It also is NOT an easy game, we seem to get more and more of those these days as all games try to tend to a larger audience.

The visuals in particular are breathtaking, particularly on the PC with Supersampling ON.

If you are a fan of sci-fi cyberpunk you should not miss this one; it is well worth your $60
  61. Jun 19, 2013
    Remember me is an amazing game for people like me who enjoy story based games. The story is great with couple of twists (don't they all) and the game's linearity helps see the story without spending 30 minutes trying to get to the top of the tower or fighting a boss that doesn't mean anything in the big picture. The feeling that the game left me after finishing it was the feeling that iRemember me is an amazing game for people like me who enjoy story based games. The story is great with couple of twists (don't they all) and the game's linearity helps see the story without spending 30 minutes trying to get to the top of the tower or fighting a boss that doesn't mean anything in the big picture. The feeling that the game left me after finishing it was the feeling that i got after finishing Mass Effect 1 & 2. Awesome storyline and great characters all around. Expand
  62. Jun 5, 2013
    I'm also putting in a 10 because you can really tell this game is gorgeous and the story/concept are very non-generic. I'm also thinking that because it's a little different than Mirror's Edge, people aren't liking the isometric changes.
  63. Jun 4, 2013
    I don't know, why rating this game negative. It's well programmed, nice graphics, a good story i'll follow and at summary, it's a pretty nice game. 1st started the game and thought: Mirrors Edge? Damn, there are some similarities! Sure, no real prarkour, but nice. I really don't miss the weapons the game is based on combos. Well executed, it will make enough damage & to be honest: WeaponsI don't know, why rating this game negative. It's well programmed, nice graphics, a good story i'll follow and at summary, it's a pretty nice game. 1st started the game and thought: Mirrors Edge? Damn, there are some similarities! Sure, no real prarkour, but nice. I really don't miss the weapons the game is based on combos. Well executed, it will make enough damage & to be honest: Weapons you'll find in each 0815 game. Just give it a try it's no mainstream game. Expand
  64. Jun 5, 2013
    To sad the truth, I am not fan of games that have similar fighting mechanic.
    Right now I am about at 30% of game progress and I am absolutely enjoying every minute in this game.
    To sad the truth, I am not fan of games that have similar fighting mechanic.
    Interesting story line, nice soundtrack, nice level design, nice graphic, fighting mechanic is not confusing, just need to use a little of your head. Also absolutely love "memory remix" scenes and how these working.
    Game disadvantages few times camera was crazy, also bad mouse acceleration, but it is not making problems. Also, I don't know is it minus or plus, but I expected open world, which isn't in this game, but feels open and huge.
  65. Jun 6, 2013
    Remember me is very enjoyable game, also the plot so far(im about 40%) is very interesting and the way that rolls out is well played. It may not be an open world game(never claimed to be), it may be linear, but on the other hand it has great atmosphear, well directed cutscenes and very interesting characters. Also the game mechanics are mostly simple(just a bit confusing in the begining)Remember me is very enjoyable game, also the plot so far(im about 40%) is very interesting and the way that rolls out is well played. It may not be an open world game(never claimed to be), it may be linear, but on the other hand it has great atmosphear, well directed cutscenes and very interesting characters. Also the game mechanics are mostly simple(just a bit confusing in the begining) but functional, and i have to state that i loved the "change somebody memories" part of the game. Ok may not the next big game of the decade, but its fun to play and thats something that most of the games luck nowdays. Expand
  66. Jan 1, 2014
    I enjoyed this game. The visuals are super. The audio was a bit scary as the cutting-out and repeat in music made me think my machine was having trouble; but no, it is just the way the sound is composed. The customizable combos might be a good idea, but I ended up using the 2-length punch combo all the time. Some boss fights were annoying a bit and had to look up the solution. Remixing wasI enjoyed this game. The visuals are super. The audio was a bit scary as the cutting-out and repeat in music made me think my machine was having trouble; but no, it is just the way the sound is composed. The customizable combos might be a good idea, but I ended up using the 2-length punch combo all the time. Some boss fights were annoying a bit and had to look up the solution. Remixing was fun and I managed to "accidentally" get some extra achievements with them. The story is interesting and the corridor-like gameplay didn't disturb me at all. Some aspects reminded me of Bungie's old action game Oni (2001). I bought it on a sale but was well worth the money. Expand
  67. Jul 14, 2013
    When you not feeling ADHD, and u can concentrate -and let something take you and float you, move you. This game is A MA ZING experience. You get to that other world! -rather than rage in Dota LoL or CS -As a guy who plays dota cs over 8 hours a day and studies about other 8 hours, game programming, im telling you- its a game that frees you for a moment and takes you away!
  68. Jun 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Story and world are overall very engaging. Presented both fast pace and slow take it slow when it's supposed to be fast and you DIE, take it fast when it's supposed to be slow and you miss out on the beauty and the world. The game even helps you pay attention to the little things; if you walk up to a window or a newsflash, the camera will fill the screen and the audio will adjust to focus. It's fairly clear when the game is supposed to be fast and when it's supposed to be slow, there's a lot of hand-holding throughout the game. Inherently there are signs and markers everywhere justified in-world by the SenSen, but there's also a lot of popups that hint what you're supposed to do.

That being said, there managed to be some [gameplay] portions weren't very clear so immersion was broken as I reloaded to checkpoint six or seven times attempting to figure out the correct pattern. Certain lethal mechanics will happen without notice and chances are you won't get them right the first time. As it contrasts so highly with most of the rest of the hand-holding, I can't help but see those unclear points as a design choice. A choice which I can understand since the absence makes things feel more urgent, butt a choice don't entirely agree with. Might end up being a controls problem though.

On linearity, game actually pulls it over on you a couple of times. As there is no custom save setting, often it starts to feel like there's only one thing to do, then it hits you that there was some other thing two paths, one to some bonus and one to the next checkpoint, and you don't know which is which. No hard feelings here though, as I don't agree with the convention that the player should always be able to backtrack. Felt like there was constant motion in the presentation. (Except when the previously mentioned lethal mechanics happen.)

Fighting is pretty fun once you have enough moves to fill up three combos, and/or when you have enough focus to execute multiple specials. Before that, it's somewhat monotonous. Simple, not the best, but mostly fun nonetheless.

Collectibles get linearly more difficult. Puzzles I'm not sure if they're supposed to get easier or harder some of them I figured out instantly, others I had to attempt several times to figure it out. Some enemy types create great difficulty initially, then are reasonable once you figure them out. Other enemy types seem like just decoration or space-takers. The way reinforcements file in is pretty comical and could probably have been done better.

For the most part I got used to the music by the end, so it didn't seem too amazing (I blazed through it in one go), but when I first heard it it was amazing. I am sure it will be amazing again when I do another playthrough.

>>>SPOILERS >>>
    Biggest disappointment was in characters. Most characters are simply temporary, and are less like people more like events. I forgot Olga existed by the end of the game. Random bounty hunter shows up after you get the glove, then becomes your friend, and then serves as your taxi two times and that's it. There are ways to temporarily introduce characters well; Frank and Alexia were fine and they had even less screentime than Olga. But most NAMED characters just aren't presented in this way and don't seem to matter, they seem like plot devices and only plot devices. Governor of Bastille I remember as some boss with a powerful cane. Xmas Kid as a buff guy with gold teeth. Tommy as some resident. There are some human connections, but there doesn't seem to be enough. I should not feel more intimate with a certain random enemy type. "Remember You Soon", well, I am more likely to remember Maggie.
  69. Jun 7, 2013
    Remember me is a great story, experience and world, wrapped in mediocre gameplay.

The World and Story are simply beautiful, and made me simply want to explore every part of it. The graphics are beautiful, although there is an odd film grain, which can be removed via some PC Hacks. The combat is... average. It's not bad, but not particularly great either. You can make up your own

The combat is... average. It's not bad, but not particularly great either. You can make up your own combos in the combo lab, but it doesn't really make that much of a difference, and i didn't find myself ever changing them like the game had wanted me to. The gameplay isn't bad though, and I personally don't experience what others are saying about the dodge button not working properly, it works well and dodges things for me.

There are some small annoyances though, but i wouldn't miss the game simply because of these small issues. Give it a chance if you like a good story and a futuristic world.

Not game of the year, but
  70. Jun 10, 2013
    Engaging, interesting and nicely put together. The underlying story makes for a slightly linear experience and this is more than compensated for by the feel and fine touches of the overall environment and setting. It is also nice to play a game that is not North American in that the differences in culture and value show through the choices and interactions you have. A little too console inEngaging, interesting and nicely put together. The underlying story makes for a slightly linear experience and this is more than compensated for by the feel and fine touches of the overall environment and setting. It is also nice to play a game that is not North American in that the differences in culture and value show through the choices and interactions you have. A little too console in controls for me and some of the combos are not easy to understand/execute. All said, most enjoyable and I expect to be replaying it over the next while. Expand
  71. Jan 6, 2014
    I'm absolutely amazed by this game, i loved the graphics the gameplay, the combat with combos. Without any doubt play it and pick it up.... The soundtrack was an amaze it always kept the feel of it... even tho it has some minuses, just because it was my best gaming experience i will rate it a ten out of ten
  72. Jun 16, 2013
    Remember Me is a special game. You love it or you hate it. No mid point. For me, is one of the best SCIFI games i played in the last months. Great Story, well telled, nothing surprising, but if story still good, it's not a problem. Good hack & slash gameplay, very arcade style, and i realy don't care about 0 exploration on maps, keep in mind'a that a very linear arcade with a very linearRemember Me is a special game. You love it or you hate it. No mid point. For me, is one of the best SCIFI games i played in the last months. Great Story, well telled, nothing surprising, but if story still good, it's not a problem. Good hack & slash gameplay, very arcade style, and i realy don't care about 0 exploration on maps, keep in mind'a that a very linear arcade with a very linear story. Try to think about this game like a good SCIFI movie with interactive combats. In other hand you have the puzzles (simples, that's true) and the remix memories ones. This is a realy good feature of this game and i miss had some more of them. On tecnical side graphics are correct (very well polished ones in most cases) and a amazing sound track. I realy enjoyed this game. But like all things, it's only my subjective opinion. Like i said at begin, you can love this game, or just hate it, but it's a realy good start point for a new studio. Expand
  73. Jun 11, 2013
    Greatly under-rated game. I think too many people have a stick up their ass since the release of Bioshock infinite and other brilliant games. This game isn't perfect, but it does have a great story, visuals and setting. The combat isn't great, however I did find it challenging in parts and enjoyable enough for me to play at least 6 hours straight (I think I spent 9-10 hours completing it).Greatly under-rated game. I think too many people have a stick up their ass since the release of Bioshock infinite and other brilliant games. This game isn't perfect, but it does have a great story, visuals and setting. The combat isn't great, however I did find it challenging in parts and enjoyable enough for me to play at least 6 hours straight (I think I spent 9-10 hours completing it).

I recommend playing this game, however don't play it if you're expecting the next Bioshock Infinite.
  74. Jun 9, 2013
    Excellent industrial design, great music and an unusual, interesting history.

-Limited exploration
    -Linear
    -Lack of branching story line
    -Capcom's inevitable marketing practices e.g DLC
    -Very slow start
  75. Jun 10, 2013
    The platforming starts out with a generic ledge shuffle, but progressively includes more and more tools your spammer can break weak obstacles, tractor objects around to change the puzzle, and yank the energy out of one mechanism so you can dump it into another mechanism in order to advance the puzzle (kind of like carrying around a companion cube, if it was a blaze of glowing lightThe platforming starts out with a generic ledge shuffle, but progressively includes more and more tools your spammer can break weak obstacles, tractor objects around to change the puzzle, and yank the energy out of one mechanism so you can dump it into another mechanism in order to advance the puzzle (kind of like carrying around a companion cube, if it was a blaze of glowing light wrapping your arm that could be fired from a distance). Using stolen memories is incorporated with all of these tools, so the gameplay you get in the second half of the game is far more developed than what you see in the pre-release trailers, which focus on the early levels.

I’ve heard people complaining about how the game shows you what ledge to jump to, and I have to say so does every other game. Usually ledges are lit, colored or textured differently, or they just stand the hell out. Remember Me just uses a different mechanism. The game also tricks the player a few times; when I stop and really look around, I'll see another jump marker that was just off screen that I would have missed had I been simply following prompted jumps, and that other marker leads me to a powerup reward. And some markers fail under you, leaving Nilin to take a tumble a mechanism that isn't used frequently enough for you to come to expect it, which is good.

Loved the combat, gaining moves as rewards for accumulating XP. Once you get a serious arsenal Nilin' will be stringing spectacular movements together into a buttkicking ballet that you can reinvent whenever you want by changing animation and effect (again, this a completely different animal in the second half of the game because you have so many more moves and abilities). Upon replay you can keep all of the moves you purchased in your previous run-through. More advanced enemies keep the difficulty interesting; I particularly like the guards whose electrified armor hurts you when you hit them, and the invisible buggers you have to reveal before you can take them on. You will use every tool you are given.

And of course Nilin and Neo Paris look great, from the classic architecture to the sci fi archologies to the plates of rats the street vendors sell in the slums (I am playing on a powerful PC, so take that into consideration). The beauty is mostly to look at, not interact with, so if the inability to kick cardboard boxes around and stand on tables is a dealbreaker for you, then get used to disappointment.

I was expecting a far worse game based on the reviews I've read, usually in the vein of "It falls short" (falls short of what? Of perfection? Of failure? Falls short of fun? Is it fun? It is fun, by the way). Upon playthrough I found that many statements in those reviews are factually incorrect. I don't mean a difference of opinion, but statements like "the game doesn't do this" when it actually does, as if they wrote the review after playing only an hour of it, or they based their opinion on the pre-release videos. What you see in the early game is just a platform on which the late-game is built. It's a little embarrassing actually, as if all these guys solemnly said "Halo is set on the Pillar of Autumn, and we feel this makes the game fall short".

Dontnod is small and new and they've made a game bigger than themselves. It’s beautiful, it’s fun, and it does powerful things with its ideas. I say get it.
  76. Jan 8, 2014
    A hugely underrated game, this one is a good indication of why a game's worth should not be reduced to a single [metacritic] number.

This game tells a story. A story about a distopia where memories are commodity for desperate junkies, and the rich. It's full of references and quotations from famous literary writers and philosophers (from Balzac to Simone de Beauvoir). This narrative is also very well executed, and enriched with awesome graphics and an extremely fun combat system.

So why the low general score? The only negative issues I've seen target the game's linearity and hance the lack of replayability caused by it. I guess people judge games by their value of being potentially the only game to play for the rest of their lives, nowadays. Bugs are close to nonexistent or too minor to take any notice.

If you're into the concept of memories and a good distopic narrative that tells about it in an artistic manner sounds intriguing, this game is for you.
  77. Feb 12, 2015
    It's been minutes since I finished this game and this game left me with so many impressions that, for the first time, I felt obligated to write a video game review.

Story/Dialogue/Characters... What seems at the beginning as a classical revenge motivated story line, evolves into a tale of guilt and the importance of confronting your pain, the price we pay to achieve our goals, of our identity and how a single event can drastically alter who you are. Nillin is an outstanding protagonist, her monologue is brilliant from the start, when she trashes inside the coffin her panic and anxiety is palpable, her reunion with her family gave me one of the most emotional experiences I've had in any game... If you love video games that stay with you long after you play it, then you simply cannot miss out this one. I would put it even on the same level with Last of Us, which is longer and overall better written, but was less original and more predictable. Only thing that was bit detracting from experience was some voice acting on english version( Nillin VA is exceptional though) and few characters like Kid X'mas and Madame that felt more like Austin Powers villains, compared to overall tone of this game.
    Graphics/Environment Design/Art Style... simply put this is the best realized cyberpunk and most immersive setting of our close future in any game. Graphics are excellent(although I would have liked an option to remove film grain) but the environmental design is where this game really shines. Robotics and smart technology is everywhere, design of life spaces is completely spot on, transparent floors,etc... You can clearly see, how designers didn't simply rush into this and really investigated what our life in 50 or so years would be like. If you love games with great atmosphere, that pull you to another space and time, then you're in the right place here.
    Gameplay...Overall it feels like simplified version of Assassin's Creed platforming and Arkham series combat with a few ideas of it's own. The movement between environment felt a bit restrictive with a clear follow the marker line, that the game could do without. Combat is less complex with no block or parry feature, but animations are top notch with well executed kill moves and the ability to create your own combos with different effects, which is a nice addition to the genre. You also develop several unique abilities like stealth, AOE stun, control drone etc... to complement pure fighting game. Overall, on the highest difficulty, it was simple but challenging, quite addictive fun without ever becoming frustrating... the only thing I would have liked to see is more agressive AI from common enemies, while allowing Nillin to continue her combos from one to the next.
    Performance and Stability...It runs very smoothly, no FPS drops, crashes,zero bugs... I've encountered only one glitch during platforming that reload fixed and that's just about it. No complaints.
    Final Impression... I expected poorly optimized game and riddled with bugs , or an ending similar Mass Effect style that leaves a sour impression on the overall game, anything to explain how something of this quality was almost unnoticed, but I stil don't get it. RM could definitely use more complexity when it comes to combat or platforming, or allowed us some storyline Deus Ex choices, as well as expanded environments with more alternate paths... but what this game also offers is fantastic atmosphere and amazing environmental design where it's second to none, provocative tale and one of the most unique and engaging protagonists in any game, while adding it's own innovations like combat style customization and memory altering mechanic.
    Trust me on this, this is a game whose only real failure is that it values quality over quantity and substance over form as well as offers unique ideas of it's own to an industry where creative design is of little interest...like Masquerade Bloodlines and similar games, this game has a unique quality that will take years to be recognized.
  78. Jan 20, 2015
    This is by far one of my favourite games ever. The storyline is fantastic, the art is beautiful and the mechanics to set up your combos for fights are unique. The controls can be a little awkward due to the often bad camera angles but as a big fan of Capcom games, you get used to it. The storyline of this game easily makes up for this anyhow. 10/10 will never forget this game :D
  79. Jun 5, 2013
    this game is awesome, the graphics, the music, the story, all of them are very engaging. Play yourself this game before listen to angry nerds whit hedonist view of games, you will not regret.
  80. Jun 5, 2013
    The game isn't that bad, the game is worth an an 7 or 8 /10, but i gave it a 10 to help counter the outrageous bad user ratings given before the game was even released, do people even know what a game rated 4 should play like?
  81. Jun 10, 2013
    My cons and pros for this game.

+Atmosphere +Design +Art Direction +Cutscenes +Music +Acting ++++Remixing Memories ++++Puzzles (2 of them but worthy) ++++++ Story +/- Combat - Cutscenes unable to skip (i don't mind but some will) - Some glitches and bugs - Confusing combat combos menu - Combos not really usefull except two maybe. I didn't even make a fourth combo -
    My cons and pros for this game.

+Atmosphere
    +Design
    +Art Direction
    +Cutscenes
    +Music
    +Acting
    ++++Remixing Memories
    ++++Puzzles (2 of them but worthy)
    ++++++ Story

+/- Combat

- Cutscenes unable to skip (i don't mind but some will)
    - Some glitches and bugs
    - Confusing combat combos menu
    - Combos not really usefull except two maybe. I didn't even make a fourth combo
    - Linear level design

So my final thought is. If DONTNOD get a chance to make a sequel they should make the level design more like Mass Effect with side quests. And they should also iron out the game and fix the combat. BUT, i applaud them for the atmosphere, story, setting, music, acting and allround feeling.
    And also, the remixing memories part and the couple riddles are always a welcome plus.

For me it deserves 8.5/10
  82. Jun 7, 2013
    I love the game. It's nice to see something with an intelligent story and innovative gameplay. It also qualifies as speculative science fiction, which can be prophetic.
  83. Jun 7, 2013
    This game is amazing. The science fiction here is better than in most movies. The graphics are good, too. And Neo Paris is the best game environment I've seen in years.

Truly, it's linear. But what is the problem? I think a good game for comparison would be Deus EX Human Revolution. And Remember is much better than DEXHR, which received great reviews. Congrats devs! Thank you Capcom!

Congrats devs! Thank you Capcom! This game is amazing, despite of the reviews.

The best game I played this year so far.
  84. Jun 4, 2013
    First, I would like to start off by saying that I loved this game. Despite numerous problems with it. Yes, the story is bad, the stiflingly linear level design, and some weird combat mechanics. Really though the game does stand out from all the other mediocre games I've played. The memory remixing sequences are a blast to do, even if they are few and far between. The combat is fun to playFirst, I would like to start off by saying that I loved this game. Despite numerous problems with it. Yes, the story is bad, the stiflingly linear level design, and some weird combat mechanics. Really though the game does stand out from all the other mediocre games I've played. The memory remixing sequences are a blast to do, even if they are few and far between. The combat is fun to play around with 95% of the time. Sometimes however the camera will move to bad positions due to the small environments. Exploration is a little disappointing, but the controls work well for platforming and jumping, sort of like Prince of Persia or Tomb Raider. The game has it's problems no doubt, but I was so amazed at what they did right I couldn't have cared less. Expand
  85. Jun 3, 2013
    Regardless of the previewers I think the game has a lot of potential of being a great game. Don't understand why people rate when it isnt even out yet.
  86. Jun 7, 2013
    I really liked this game so I'd give it 88/100. The visuals and art style are fantastic on the PC. Even though the game is very linear, I still enjoyed stopping to look at the environment and beautiful designs of rooms. The music is awesome and especially the main theme. Little sound effects like when you successfully pull off a combo are a nice touch as well. The story was actually veryI really liked this game so I'd give it 88/100. The visuals and art style are fantastic on the PC. Even though the game is very linear, I still enjoyed stopping to look at the environment and beautiful designs of rooms. The music is awesome and especially the main theme. Little sound effects like when you successfully pull off a combo are a nice touch as well. The story was actually very interesting. Nilin is a great main character that I cared for. The gameplay is a nice mix and very fun. The combat is different from other games in the genre so it was a breath of fresh air. Once you understand how the timing works and you start creating your own combos from the menu it gets super entertaining. Nilin also has a bunch of really cool abilities to add to the mix during fights against different enemies. People who find this combat too difficult or frustrating are obviously not fans of Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden. Getting around the areas was also well executed with a combination of Nilin's special glove and climbing around like Uncharted. PC optimization is just fine until the very last level where super sampling can easily drop your frame rate. Luckily the scene I'm referring to is very short. Besides for that there are little stutters when the game saves at a checkpoint but that's not very uncommon in games even today.

If Nilin ever gets a sequel...I'm in. Remember you soon.
  87. Jun 3, 2013
    it came out on the 3rd for pc. so yeah. research maybe? its good. flawed combat.
  88. Dec 26, 2013
    *Update* Was upset because I can't play more than 15 min without game turning into a Lag Fest! Game was running more than 45 fps before suddenly dropping down to under 10 fps. Only way was to quit game & restart. Then someone advised me to turn of Supersampling & forced AA through Nvidia's control panel. It worked! I'm now gaming at near max. settings with beautiful graphics running*Update* Was upset because I can't play more than 15 min without game turning into a Lag Fest! Game was running more than 45 fps before suddenly dropping down to under 10 fps. Only way was to quit game & restart. Then someone advised me to turn of Supersampling & forced AA through Nvidia's control panel. It worked! I'm now gaming at near max. settings with beautiful graphics running almost 60 fps. No problem at all! Thus, other than it being a poorly optimized PC port of the console game, the game itself is really pretty. However, there's lots of unrealized potential unable to interact with the gorgeous environment because it is a corridor shooter with a story and a path mapped out in a linear manner i.e. practically no turn left-or-right options. Simply too linear. However, story is not bad, and the memory remixes is refreshing. Combat is ok. Its an overall innovative piece of work. However, you must be able to accept it being a linear action-adventure game. Expand
  89. Jun 8, 2013
    I made a mistake pre judging this game in its first two hours. lesson learned. after episode 3, this game is a masterpiece of its own. the music, the atmosphere, the art, its amazing, underrated and not appreciated. the last of us deserves a 10? please, leave that crap out of gaming and give us some more of remember me. must be because its a black female character cause otherwise iI made a mistake pre judging this game in its first two hours. lesson learned. after episode 3, this game is a masterpiece of its own. the music, the atmosphere, the art, its amazing, underrated and not appreciated. the last of us deserves a 10? please, leave that crap out of gaming and give us some more of remember me. must be because its a black female character cause otherwise i dont see why the 6 and belows for this game. Expand
  90. Jun 8, 2013
    Playing this on the PC is an absolute treat. I have just this minute completed it and wanted to chip in. Remember me is made from a BRAND NEW STUDIO. And the game blew me away. Sure if you want to nitpick it was very combat, then platform/rinse & repeat at times but for their first game they have done an amazing job. I had to Run FRAPS all through the game just to screenshot some of thePlaying this on the PC is an absolute treat. I have just this minute completed it and wanted to chip in. Remember me is made from a BRAND NEW STUDIO. And the game blew me away. Sure if you want to nitpick it was very combat, then platform/rinse & repeat at times but for their first game they have done an amazing job. I had to Run FRAPS all through the game just to screenshot some of the beauty in this game. The sights are amazing to the point where it had me looking through the artwork in the extras menu and screenshotting those for desktop backgrounds!

In the end you have to experience this if you are looking for something new, or a fan of sci-fi Deus Ex type genre.

I hope this gets great sales and a sequel. Brilliant game.
  91. Jun 9, 2013
    It is a great game just for the story.
    It is a great game just for the story.
    The combat and some of the mechanics will really annoy you at times as they're not 100% reactive but there are great puzzle segments and a satisfying combat style. I admit I almost quit playing because of one of the remixes i spent 30 mins trying to just change 1 thing (pc controls are terrible for this) so i recommend you grab an xbox controller for those segments.
    For combat, pc controls are tighter and easier than the controller. I also recommend that you make sure you look up your hotkeys so that you know which symbol means which move on boss fights. Nothing is worse than having to do the same bit 30 times not being able to figure out which button to press :)

For those that like lists, here's what this game does well:
    Graphics perfectly optimised, i had no frameloss on highest settings with several programs open on a GTX460. Very impressive visuals.

Story At first, you're trying to get used to this 'Neo Paris' and spend some time working out what it is. Then everything changes. The story becomes more and more intense and builds up to one of the best story finales I have ever experienced.

Music This game has really great music and it responds to your combat experience. As you land combo's, the music becomes more fragmented which gives a great adrenaline pumped experience. In chapters 1-4 the music is very low-key but in 5-8 it becomes a beautiful masterpiece and enhances the story experience greatly.

Puzzle segments I won't spoil them as they are only going to be as much fun the first time... but don't look them up on the internet! Some of these require some thought, but sadly there aren't many of these. Which brings me to...

Memory remixes! This. Is. Great! if only there were more of these, the game would be getting much greater scores. Painfully underused, these segments are original and very fun! ...on an xbox controller. Do not use your mouse and keyboard for these!!

Things the game does badly:

Platforming While the tomb raider assassin's creed style swinging from rooftops is fun, the arrows make it far too easy and there is always only 1 way to go. This feels like you're on a train track and you're just pressing the forward button.

Camera controls The camera is sometimes fixed for no apparent reason in places where you really need it to be free. The combat situations where this happens are often very frustrating and do not give the desire to revisit that situation.
    PC controls are appalling in all but the combat. for whatever reason, looking up requires 1 meter of mouse-mat and the first QTE's button presses are simply confusing as you suddenly need to know what the symbols mean which you may not unless you've checked the hotkey settings.
    Go into the game knowing the what the problems are and how to deal with them and you'll enjoy yourself a lot. It is a masterpiece with a few cracks in places but they can be overlooked as the last 3 chapters are just...wow. just amazing.
  92. Jun 24, 2013

Memories make us who we are today, and in losing hers, Nilin, Remember Me‘s lead protagonist, is a bit of a nobody for over half the game. She’s flat, generic, and lacking in any humor, charm, or intrigue. That’s a bit of a problem when you’re introducing a new IP this late into the generation cycle. Palindromic French developer DONTNOD Entertainment have audaciously stepped on their own feet over a number of conditions regarding the games creation, but they persevere in the only way that European games usually can. There’s a lot of love hate ideas in Remember Me, and its pop-philosophic inquiry into the future of Paris is explored through a vibrant and fantastic science fiction world that certainly gives more to love than to hate.

The lead protagonist is dry, although there’s plenty of narrative explaining why, and the game is made on the ageing Unreal 3 engine at a time where gamers are hard to please, and we’re swooning over new architecture and videogame engines. It’s going to take something special to wow us at this juncture. Why would a 3D action platformer set in a science fiction universe, with a generic English protagonist do the job? The answer is simple: Remember Me excels in more places than it falls. It has an exceptional sound track, beautiful art design, and some of the most authentically tantalizing set pieces in any game of late. It’s platforming done right, and that is actually a pretty rare feat.

Welcome to Neo-Paris

DONTNOD have mirrored Japanese fiction in their sticking ‘Neo’ in the front of any city to indicate some kind of cataclysmic event in the past. This time, Paris is flooded (ostensibly due to global warming although this isn’t discussed), and everyone’s all a little too addicted to a Google Glass technology called ‘Sensen’, or the Sensation Engine, which enables the manipulation and distribution of memories between people, systems, etc,. A worst case scenario type deal, the Sensen technology has been abused by a faceless government, who disable or remove peoples memories to such an extent as to render them docile and without identity as a form of punishment. Mindless husks are thus driven mad and driven to the darkest corners of Neo-Paris, whilst those who survive (let’s call them the 1% for and giggles) do so without questioning authority.
    Unhappy with the way the government are abusing Google Glass… I mean… ‘Sensen’, a group of terrorists-but-not-terrorists called ‘Errorists’ (not joking) break Nilin out of jail to once again try to shut down Google… I mean Memorize, the guys behind the brain implant. Doing this is a matter of killing, but more intriguingly, stealing or adjusting the memories of key characters concerned with the development and distribution of the governments and corporations evil deeds. These ‘Errorists’ are humanists, or Luddites, depending on your perspective. However, throwing wooden clogs at loom’s isn’t enough to sufficiently quell the theft and alteration of the cities identity.
    This is science fiction written to appeal to a very broad science fiction demographic, but it’s presented with finesse, class, and rich detail, even if the writing and exposition is a little lackluster. The narrow streets and juxtaposed Neo-Paris and classical Paris are wonderfully rendered, and much of the city even in its new form retains that unmistakable French architecture, famous for making London look architecturally retarded.

There’s always something whizzing past, or chasing you.
    Remember Me is the epitome of ‘streamlined’. What is often said to mean linear retains some of its subtlety here, because whilst Remember Me is about as linear as dry spaghetti, it’s incredibly refined. There’s always a scripted event going on, such as ships swooshing past, or something chasing you down, and Nilin’s repository of tricks and moves does enough to bridge the gap between minimal user input and something more along the lines of an actual videogame. At times Remember Me feels like some perverse AAA version of Temple Run, but the narrative cut-scenes, boss battles, and genuinely interesting combat system remind me that there’s more to it than simply jumping from pretty building A to pretty crane B.
  93. Jun 9, 2013
    Unigue and rare beautiful sci-fi masterpeace with deep lore, astonishing attention to every detail and movie-like grapics. A must have for sci-fi heads.
  94. Jun 10, 2013
    Review #2:
    Review #2:
    The game world is very diverse. In every chapter new things are implemented. The game keeps being refreshing chapter after chapter. Quiet well planned. The enemies are not just basic, with their own skills and stats, but some enemies have co-exists and boost each others powers. This can be seen by a leaper with a red shielding, making invulnerable Or a soldier with 2 leaper slaves which attack first, these leapers have some kind of connection with it's host. This can be seen with the communication line between master and leaper slaves.

During the battle you try to execute the highest combo, thus earning yourself much more 'exp' points to boost your skills. This game is no longer a buton mashing game, can be, but to really enjoy the game you have to try to use combo's.

Just one impressive game.
  95. Jun 15, 2013
    Combat is tight, though the main difficulty comes from managing the order in which you dispatch enemies and maneuvering rather than whether you pull off the combos. The camera is a little loose, you will spend a lot of the combat actively refocusing the camera on the action, the comparison being with the Arkham games and Sleeping Dogs with their much cleverer camera AI. Very immersiveCombat is tight, though the main difficulty comes from managing the order in which you dispatch enemies and maneuvering rather than whether you pull off the combos. The camera is a little loose, you will spend a lot of the combat actively refocusing the camera on the action, the comparison being with the Arkham games and Sleeping Dogs with their much cleverer camera AI. Very immersive story discussing very interesting themes about memories (obviously), power, oligarchy, privatized security and prisons and class warfare in general. Some of these themes are addressed superficially, some are discussed is more depth through gameplay.

The only cliché I have recognized is Nilin’s (protagonist) amnesia, though I’m fine with giving Remember Me a pass for this one as it is used to weave a very interesting story. Quick-Time Events and bosses without life bars need to be culled. I’ve noticed people pointing out the linearity of Remember Me, I’ve also noticed that this wasn’t a complaint of God of War… I don’t think that this is a legitimate gripe since the developers clearly didn’t design any sort of open world and still managed to show the player the future they’ve created. Not every game is sandbox, get over it. 8/10 for consistently satisfying and challenging combat and an interesting story with a believable heroine.
  96. Jun 9, 2013
    I don't get why people are complaining about the combat? If you read watched anything about the combat, it's basically another button mashing game. I knew what I was going into before I bought it. To me, it has more flexible combat due to combos. You can't button mash X constantly. You actually have to land combos. It's a fun combat system in all honestly. I love the idea of being able toI don't get why people are complaining about the combat? If you read watched anything about the combat, it's basically another button mashing game. I knew what I was going into before I bought it. To me, it has more flexible combat due to combos. You can't button mash X constantly. You actually have to land combos. It's a fun combat system in all honestly. I love the idea of being able to have different combos. Do I need high DPS? 4 damage Presence (the items you put into combos) then a double Presence at the end that double the entire combo. Do I need fast healing? Swap out all those Presences for healing ones with a double at the end. I can change combos on the fly. It's wonderful.

I'm only into Episode 3 I think. Not far. But I love the setting. I love the stealing memories and remixing memories. And using the memories to find collectable is interesting, very easy, but still fun at the same time. Story is pretty good. Original, different, etc.

I got this game for $35 through Groupon. Would recommend it if you like Batman:AA Batman: AC. Will update when I finish the game.
  97. Jun 11, 2013
    This game is in fact a solid 8.0. But I am giving it a 9 since so many reviewers seem to be so polarized.
    Positives: Music, voice acting, soundtrack, graphics, character development and story are superior to most "interactive movies" that I have played.
    Negatives: Game is devoid of choices or freedom. I will say however this is a common sacrifice game developers make for the sake of story. Just know when you buy the game that it is basically an interactive movie progressed by button combinations. Not a game with any RPG elements, choices or freedom.
  98. Jun 19, 2013
    The game is simply great. Could take 10/10 if it was multiplayer/coop and with some more memory remixes. It's a great interactive movie, with a storyline so well written that it's impossible to not love it, a great immaginary society based on deprivation of will from people and total control from the high levels of the society. The combat system with combos is really nice, play in the hardThe game is simply great. Could take 10/10 if it was multiplayer/coop and with some more memory remixes. It's a great interactive movie, with a storyline so well written that it's impossible to not love it, a great immaginary society based on deprivation of will from people and total control from the high levels of the society. The combat system with combos is really nice, play in the hard difficulty and you'll have nice and hard fights. Expand
  99. May 17, 2015
    The love child between Bioshock, Inception, and Mirror's Edge. I would highly recommend it for anyone with a bit of money and a half a day to burn.

Pros: Pretty graphics, solid voice acting, smooth controls, fun combat/progression, neat ideas and setting, and a memorable story. Given the premise, I went in afraid that the game was going to constantly go "Hah, everything you know is a lie" and call it plot. The developers resisted the urge, and stuck to an engaging core narrative that remained delightfully easy to follow.

Cons: I did have to hit the internet to figure out one core game mechanic (the difference between punching and kicking in a combo). Also the story is 100% linear, so the player needs to go in with the understanding that they are button-mashing (or elegantly combo-ing) their way through a movie, and not playing a Mass Effect or similar title. The jumping puzzle/problem solving requires more patience than thought, but the character looks so cool jumping all about that it's not a big problem.
  100. Sep 26, 2014
    game is highly underrated blame the reviewer sites for giving mediocre scores it deserves 8.5/10.graphic details in episode 2 is amazing.very good story evoking emotions(makes me remember last of us not as emotional journey as last of us).involves morality,politics in backdrop(makes me remember story of bio shock series) its told in an interesting manner.clunky controls and ridiculous icongame is highly underrated blame the reviewer sites for giving mediocre scores it deserves 8.5/10.graphic details in episode 2 is amazing.very good story evoking emotions(makes me remember last of us not as emotional journey as last of us).involves morality,politics in backdrop(makes me remember story of bio shock series) its told in an interesting manner.clunky controls and ridiculous icon for jumping,after you get hang of it fighting system with combos keeps fights interesting.story telling in form of memories is very good Expand
  101. Jul 9, 2013

but not in a bad way.
    i had a lot of fun playing this, seriously.

the music and sounds are matching, the controls are simple.

the game also bugs sometimes when you alt+tab while its running.

all together its a great game and shouldnt be missing in your collection.

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Remember Me is a competent action game that never really excels. The story is wasted and the platforming is poorly implemented with the rest of the game. Still the combat system is interesting and the framing around memories is at least somewhat original.
    A game with great potential, great setting and great music. However, it's knocked down by its incomplete implementation of the original ideas and its frustrating battle system. [Issue#231]
  3. Jul 8, 2013
    There are a lot of ideas packed into this game but I feel like if they would have cut back on a couple of the concepts to focus more on the story then this could have been a real stand out game. As it is now Remember Me is more appealing when it gets cheaper or if you have absolutely nothing to play.