Remember Me PC

7.4

1. Jun 5, 2013
    Design and music are things that save this game. People responsible for programing, design, graphics, mo cap and sound did fantastic job on creating beautiful environment and game world. But the people responsible for the gameplay ruined everything.
    Entire game is a one big tunnel that you run through, that's funny. cause game its advertised with a word "explore". There's no exploring at all. Platforming aspect is reduced to the most basic level possible. Its simply auto-jumping from ledge to ledge, game even shows you the way where to go with annoying arrows.
    Fighting is very simple and bit repetitive but the biggest flaw is that the game is insanely easy. Therese like 5-6 hours of breezing through the game and you're done.

But still i love the design.
  2. Jun 7, 2013
    Remember me is a great story, experience and world, wrapped in mediocre gameplay.

The World and Story are simply beautiful, and made me simply want to explore every part of it. The graphics are beautiful, although there is an odd film grain, which can be removed via some PC Hacks. The combat is... average. It's not bad, but not particularly great either. You can make up your own

The combat is... average. It's not bad, but not particularly great either. You can make up your own combos in the combo lab, but it doesn't really make that much of a difference, and i didn't find myself ever changing them like the game had wanted me to. The gameplay isn't bad though, and I personally don't experience what others are saying about the dodge button not working properly, it works well and dodges things for me.

There are some small annoyances though, but i wouldn't miss the game simply because of these small issues. Give it a chance if you like a good story and a futuristic world.

Not game of the year, but
  3. Jun 11, 2013
    The game is just awesome, detailed world cool music, diverse setting, and most importantly (at least for me) is a very interesting and emotional storyline.
  4. Jun 4, 2013
    $50 for a 6 hour game? The combat get quirky and the levels are highly linear. The story is very flat and has little to no acceleration. It's just not worth the money at all. Perhaps if this were an indie developer pricing their game fairly ($10-20), I could recommend the game. As it stands, Capcom is trying to steal your money and give very little in return.
  5. Jun 6, 2013
    I've played for a few hours now, and I really enjoy this game, except for combat system and interface itself. First off, I've been waiting for it since "memory change" trailer and when I first got to change memory I loved it! But there's not alot of such moments in this game, there's more of combat (And combat system is just dull) and corridor-like gaming with this arrow pointer whichI've played for a few hours now, and I really enjoy this game, except for combat system and interface itself. First off, I've been waiting for it since "memory change" trailer and when I first got to change memory I loved it! But there's not alot of such moments in this game, there's more of combat (And combat system is just dull) and corridor-like gaming with this arrow pointer which shows you where to go, ugh it pissed me off few times already. But the game is good, and I'm glad that purchased it. Expand
  6. Jun 19, 2013
    Remember me is an amazing game for people like me who enjoy story based games. The story is great with couple of twists (don't they all) and the game's linearity helps see the story without spending 30 minutes trying to get to the top of the tower or fighting a boss that doesn't mean anything in the big picture. The feeling that the game left me after finishing it was the feeling that iRemember me is an amazing game for people like me who enjoy story based games. The story is great with couple of twists (don't they all) and the game's linearity helps see the story without spending 30 minutes trying to get to the top of the tower or fighting a boss that doesn't mean anything in the big picture. The feeling that the game left me after finishing it was the feeling that i got after finishing Mass Effect 1 & 2. Awesome storyline and great characters all around. Expand
  7. Jun 5, 2013
    I'm also putting in a 10 because you can really tell this game is gorgeous and the story/concept are very non-generic. I'm also thinking that because it's a little different than Mirror's Edge, people aren't liking the isometric changes.
  8. Jun 4, 2013
    I don't know, why rating this game negative. It's well programmed, nice graphics, a good story i'll follow and at summary, it's a pretty nice game. 1st started the game and thought: Mirrors Edge? Damn, there are some similarities! Sure, no real prarkour, but nice. I really don't miss the weapons the game is based on combos. Well executed, it will make enough damage & to be honest: WeaponsI don't know, why rating this game negative. It's well programmed, nice graphics, a good story i'll follow and at summary, it's a pretty nice game. 1st started the game and thought: Mirrors Edge? Damn, there are some similarities! Sure, no real prarkour, but nice. I really don't miss the weapons the game is based on combos. Well executed, it will make enough damage & to be honest: Weapons you'll find in each 0815 game. Just give it a try it's no mainstream game. Expand
  9. Jun 5, 2013
    To sad the truth, I am not fan of games that have similar fighting mechanic.
    Right now I am about at 30% of game progress and I am absolutely enjoying every minute in this game.
    To sad the truth, I am not fan of games that have similar fighting mechanic.
    Interesting story line, nice soundtrack, nice level design, nice graphic, fighting mechanic is not confusing, just need to use a little of your head. Also absolutely love "memory remix" scenes and how these working.
    Game disadvantages few times camera was crazy, also bad mouse acceleration, but it is not making problems. Also, I don't know is it minus or plus, but I expected open world, which isn't in this game, but feels open and huge.
  10. Jun 6, 2013
    Remember me is very enjoyable game, also the plot so far(im about 40%) is very interesting and the way that rolls out is well played. It may not be an open world game(never claimed to be), it may be linear, but on the other hand it has great atmosphear, well directed cutscenes and very interesting characters. Also the game mechanics are mostly simple(just a bit confusing in the begining)Remember me is very enjoyable game, also the plot so far(im about 40%) is very interesting and the way that rolls out is well played. It may not be an open world game(never claimed to be), it may be linear, but on the other hand it has great atmosphear, well directed cutscenes and very interesting characters. Also the game mechanics are mostly simple(just a bit confusing in the begining) but functional, and i have to state that i loved the "change somebody memories" part of the game. Ok may not the next big game of the decade, but its fun to play and thats something that most of the games luck nowdays. Expand
  11. Jun 10, 2013
    The Good: Graphics are pretty and the story starts out pretty interesting.

The Bad: Everything else. The combat is blatantly stolen from the Arkham games but it's dumbed down immensely and slightly broken. The platforming is horrible and lacks polish, actually the same can be said of all gameplay elements. Camera angles are incredibly annoying as well, sometimes leading to you
    The Good: Graphics are pretty and the story starts out pretty interesting.

The Bad: Everything else.

The combat is blatantly stolen from the Arkham games but it's dumbed down immensely and slightly broken. The platforming is horrible and lacks polish, actually the same can be said of all gameplay elements. Camera angles are incredibly annoying as well, sometimes leading to you getting hit in combat without even knowing what's hitting you.

It's also short, which given that it's basically an interactive movie...that might not be a bad thing. On the hardest difficult I beat it in about half a day.

The story also trails off and just gets weird instead of interesting by the end, which is sad because it's one of the only things the game has going for it.

I suggest you save your money and just watch youtube videos of people playing it if you're interested. You'll get the same value out of it and save a little time and money.
  12. Jun 9, 2013
    Acceptable fighting system, good story, AWESOME panorama, very good graphics, but It felt SO INCREDIBLY LIMITING. Every minute of playing I encountered a door I couldn't open, a ledge I couldn't grapple on, a 30cm box I could jump above, and on and on and on. I liked the concept, but I really couldn't stand the fact that the whole game was made a corridor. Acceptable game nonetheless. TheAcceptable fighting system, good story, AWESOME panorama, very good graphics, but It felt SO INCREDIBLY LIMITING. Every minute of playing I encountered a door I couldn't open, a ledge I couldn't grapple on, a 30cm box I could jump above, and on and on and on. I liked the concept, but I really couldn't stand the fact that the whole game was made a corridor. Acceptable game nonetheless. The Neo Paris panorama was gorgeous, the graphics when maxed out were gorgeous, and the music awesome. If only I didn't feel I was in a very long cage the whole time I played it... Expand
  13. Jul 14, 2013
    When you not feeling ADHD, and u can concentrate -and let something take you and float you, move you. This game is A MA ZING experience. You get to that other world! -rather than rage in Dota LoL or CS -As a guy who plays dota cs over 8 hours a day and studies about other 8 hours, game programming, im telling you- its a game that frees you for a moment and takes you away!
  14. Jun 10, 2013
    Engaging, interesting and nicely put together. The underlying story makes for a slightly linear experience and this is more than compensated for by the feel and fine touches of the overall environment and setting. It is also nice to play a game that is not North American in that the differences in culture and value show through the choices and interactions you have. A little too console inEngaging, interesting and nicely put together. The underlying story makes for a slightly linear experience and this is more than compensated for by the feel and fine touches of the overall environment and setting. It is also nice to play a game that is not North American in that the differences in culture and value show through the choices and interactions you have. A little too console in controls for me and some of the combos are not easy to understand/execute. All said, most enjoyable and I expect to be replaying it over the next while. Expand
  15. Jun 18, 2013
    Remember me is not a game, but a interactive movie! Just a corridor, that the player may wish to follow, and all for a rather average scenario. I dont recommend this game!!!! :s
  16. Jan 6, 2014
    I'm absolutely amazed by this game, i loved the graphics the gameplay, the combat with combos. Without any doubt play it and pick it up.... The soundtrack was an amaze it always kept the feel of it... even tho it has some minuses, just because it was my best gaming experience i will rate it a ten out of ten
  17. Jun 8, 2013
    not a bad game worth playing its not nearly as bad as some of the below 5 points are making it out to be.The story is not bad the fighting mechanics are OK could of been better all in all its average as i said worth playing at least once.
  18. Jun 19, 2013
    Overall I would say that Remember Me is an entertaining sci-fi action game that is flawed in areas and fails to reach it's true potential.

Visually it is a very striking game that avoids being overly stylistic and provides plenty of beautiful environments and high tech eye candy. Unfortunately the scenery is just that, scenery that you look at it in the background as the gameplay is quite linear. This game is much more linear than say the recent release The Last of Us. The gameplay consists of a mix of platforming ala Assassin's Creed and Uncharted but with a lot less freedom to explore. Check that, almost no freedom to explore; there is just the bare minimum of side paths which are very minimal in depth themselves. While I was disappointed that this was not a more open world type of game it did not cause me to quit playing. The story, characters, settings, voice acting and dialogue were all done well enough to keep me immersed in the game.

The combat is akin to fighting games and the ability to more or less make up your own combos (within the scope of the preset combo templates) adds to the customization of the combat. The different categories of hand and foot attacks by way of straight damage/regeneration/power build up/combo modifier adds a layer of strategy to the combo building. The special powers each feel different enough although there were some I didn't use beyond the mandatory tutorial parts. The fights themselves get pretty formulaic however, combat is mostly setup as locked of rooms of enemies that must be defeated to move on. Enemy grouping is fairly patterned as well, with boss fights at the end of most levels. Fortunately, each boss fight feels mostly unique although each individual boss fight follows a fairly standard pattern of attack sequences followed by QTE's to finish off the fight.

The dialogue writing is a bit weak at times, but the characters are interesting enough and the relationships between them develop fairly well throughout the story to make the game as much character driven as it is story and setting driven. The memory remixing is a neat element of the game that while I feel it could have been used a lot more in an open world setting, I do think that this aspect is integrated into the gameplay enough to feel organic to the story and not forced.

This game has the look of a AAA game, but I don't feel it is quite up to the standard of AAA games. The length of the gameplay varies from 6-10 hours on average depending on your play style. Not quite worth the $50 price tag, feels more like it should have cost closer to $30.
  19. Jun 16, 2013
    Remember Me is a special game. You love it or you hate it. No mid point. For me, is one of the best SCIFI games i played in the last months. Great Story, well telled, nothing surprising, but if story still good, it's not a problem. Good hack & slash gameplay, very arcade style, and i realy don't care about 0 exploration on maps, keep in mind'a that a very linear arcade with a very linearRemember Me is a special game. You love it or you hate it. No mid point. For me, is one of the best SCIFI games i played in the last months. Great Story, well telled, nothing surprising, but if story still good, it's not a problem. Good hack & slash gameplay, very arcade style, and i realy don't care about 0 exploration on maps, keep in mind'a that a very linear arcade with a very linear story. Try to think about this game like a good SCIFI movie with interactive combats. In other hand you have the puzzles (simples, that's true) and the remix memories ones. This is a realy good feature of this game and i miss had some more of them. On tecnical side graphics are correct (very well polished ones in most cases) and a amazing sound track. I realy enjoyed this game. But like all things, it's only my subjective opinion. Like i said at begin, you can love this game, or just hate it, but it's a realy good start point for a new studio. Expand
  20. Jun 11, 2013
    Greatly under-rated game. I think too many people have a stick up their ass since the release of Bioshock infinite and other brilliant games. This game isn't perfect, but it does have a great story, visuals and setting. The combat isn't great, however I did find it challenging in parts and enjoyable enough for me to play at least 6 hours straight (I think I spent 9-10 hours completing it).Greatly under-rated game. I think too many people have a stick up their ass since the release of Bioshock infinite and other brilliant games. This game isn't perfect, but it does have a great story, visuals and setting. The combat isn't great, however I did find it challenging in parts and enjoyable enough for me to play at least 6 hours straight (I think I spent 9-10 hours completing it).

I recommend playing this game, however don't play it if you're expecting the next Bioshock Infinite.
  21. Jun 30, 2013
    I really wanted to like this game but I cant. The graphics are good. The music is awesome. The world is fantastic. But the gameplay is a disaster. Linear gameplay is good but what is to much is to much. The fight system is boring and repetitive. The climbing is even more boring then the fighting. Sadly I cant recommend it.
  22. Jul 10, 2013
    Very rarely do you find a game where it would have been better served to be some kind of movie. This is a game you will remember (heh) for quite some time but you won't always think of great things when it comes to this game.

First the good: this is one of the most original new worlds to come along in forever. The subject matter dealt with is wonderful and it's a clever twist on the classic amnesia backdrop. The characters aren't stellar but they move the story along just fine and the ending is wonderful and refreshing. The memory sequences you play movie director on were very fun. I personally have never done something like that so it was refreshing.

Now the bad: pretty much everything that makes this a game is average or below average. The gameplay is terrible, the poor camera got me killed multiple times at the end during combat and the platforming is pretty poor. When games like Assassin's Creed exist that have perfected the running platforming/combat mixture, there's no reason for this kind of piss poor gameplay all around. The boss battles are ok but the tacked on QTE elements added to them just show laziness on the part of the developer. This game is not God of War and QTE's in general are just so overplayed now. Plus there are only 4 of those great memory sequences in the entire game, meaning you'll experience the best part of the game less than a 1/10th of the time you play this game. There needed to be at least 3-4 more of these sequences in the game, especially toward the beginning.

With everything wrong with this game, I'd still highly recommend people playing it for the story. It's very creative and it would be a shame to allow one of the most original universes to come around in a long time be pushed aside just cause of terrible gameplay. I hope they make a sequel, or better yet, a movie along these same subject lines. This story was meant to be watched and not played and the potential for this universe to shine is very attractive. It's just a shame that a great setting and subject matter have to be bogged down by gameplay elements that are very subpar. Wait for this game to go on sale, which it already has at this point, to pick this up but definitely pick this up and play through it. It's a treat, maybe a soggy mess, but it's still a treat.
  23. Jun 9, 2013
    Excellent industrial design, great music and an unusual, interesting history.

-Limited exploration
    -Linear
    -Lack of branching story line
    -Capcom's inevitable marketing practices e.g DLC
    -Very slow start
  24. Jun 14, 2013
    It's a game of hits and misses. The combat system initially presents itself as intuitive and free flowing but soon you realize how run of the mill it really is. The game has a great atmosphere with great colouring and depth but then has you essentially on rails the whole game. Graphically this game is quite impressive on the PC. The movement system is so stuck in the past its disturbing.It's a game of hits and misses. The combat system initially presents itself as intuitive and free flowing but soon you realize how run of the mill it really is. The game has a great atmosphere with great colouring and depth but then has you essentially on rails the whole game. Graphically this game is quite impressive on the PC. The movement system is so stuck in the past its disturbing. At the end of the day this game results simply in pretentious twaddle that is meaningless and for a game that is story heavy this is unforgivable. Expand
  25. Jun 5, 2013
    The best feature of "Remember Me" is undoubtedly memory changing, it's original, creative and the only reason why I won't call this game "boredom"! I'm really surprised that combat is so frustrating, just poor imitation of Arkham Asylum! I expected mush more from this game, but it has potential
  26. Jun 9, 2013
    Beautiful environments and an interesting cyberpunk plot are completely let down by absolutely TERRIBLE GAMEPLAY. It's almost like they didn't do any play testing before release. Such a disappointment.

Can't recommend that anyone buys this unless they enjoy being constantly frustrated by imbecilic controls, ill-placed autosave points, ridiculously slow reloads, unforgiving and repetitive combat, painful QTEs and utterly pointless climbing sections where you basically just follow on-screen instructions.

To the art and story designers my sincerest commiserations, it was a great concept. As for the gameplay devs, you deserve a fate worse than death: you should be forced to play your own game for the rest of time!
  27. Jun 10, 2013
    The platforming starts out with a generic ledge shuffle, but progressively includes more and more tools your spammer can break weak obstacles, tractor objects around to change the puzzle, and yank the energy out of one mechanism so you can dump it into another mechanism in order to advance the puzzle (kind of like carrying around a companion cube, if it was a blaze of glowing lightThe platforming starts out with a generic ledge shuffle, but progressively includes more and more tools your spammer can break weak obstacles, tractor objects around to change the puzzle, and yank the energy out of one mechanism so you can dump it into another mechanism in order to advance the puzzle (kind of like carrying around a companion cube, if it was a blaze of glowing light wrapping your arm that could be fired from a distance). Using stolen memories is incorporated with all of these tools, so the gameplay you get in the second half of the game is far more developed than what you see in the pre-release trailers, which focus on the early levels.

I’ve heard people complaining about how the game shows you what ledge to jump to, and I have to say so does every other game. Usually ledges are lit, colored or textured differently, or they just stand the hell out. Remember Me just uses a different mechanism. The game also tricks the player a few times; when I stop and really look around, I'll see another jump marker that was just off screen that I would have missed had I been simply following prompted jumps, and that other marker leads me to a powerup reward. And some markers fail under you, leaving Nilin to take a tumble a mechanism that isn't used frequently enough for you to come to expect it, which is good.

Loved the combat, gaining moves as rewards for accumulating XP. Once you get a serious arsenal Nilin' will be stringing spectacular movements together into a buttkicking ballet that you can reinvent whenever you want by changing animation and effect (again, this a completely different animal in the second half of the game because you have so many more moves and abilities). Upon replay you can keep all of the moves you purchased in your previous run-through. More advanced enemies keep the difficulty interesting; I particularly like the guards whose electrified armor hurts you when you hit them, and the invisible buggers you have to reveal before you can take them on. You will use every tool you are given.

And of course Nilin and Neo Paris look great, from the classic architecture to the sci fi archologies to the plates of rats the street vendors sell in the slums (I am playing on a powerful PC, so take that into consideration). The beauty is mostly to look at, not interact with, so if the inability to kick cardboard boxes around and stand on tables is a dealbreaker for you, then get used to disappointment.

I was expecting a far worse game based on the reviews I've read, usually in the vein of "It falls short" (falls short of what? Of perfection? Of failure? Falls short of fun? Is it fun? It is fun, by the way). Upon playthrough I found that many statements in those reviews are factually incorrect. I don't mean a difference of opinion, but statements like "the game doesn't do this" when it actually does, as if they wrote the review after playing only an hour of it, or they based their opinion on the pre-release videos. What you see in the early game is just a platform on which the late-game is built. It's a little embarrassing actually, as if all these guys solemnly said "Halo is set on the Pillar of Autumn, and we feel this makes the game fall short".

Dontnod is small and new and they've made a game bigger than themselves. It’s beautiful, it’s fun, and it does powerful things with its ideas. I say get it.
  28. Jun 12, 2013
    "Remember Me" is just not good enough for today's market.
    It looks good but technically it is backward. This affects the poor control, the "invisible" story, hose level, and the narrowness of the level.

Something you can not throw it on the market.
  29. Jul 7, 2014
    When I started the game, I thought: why didn't receive at least 90%. The setting, the design looked great. Later I realized why...
    I was a big fan, in the old days, of the " french touch", they had great creative ideas. The problem was they spent all their fuel into design, and none of it left for the game itself...
    In RM what was missing was the game itself. It is a dumb console port,
    In RM what was missing was the game itself. It is a dumb console port, with dumb console controls not translated into PC, with dumb checkpoint system. It is one of the many games that want to make itself longer by using checkpoints, so you have to do stuff, you already done, again and again. After a while this game became a chore. It gets harder and harder, and if you fail, you can start over (ingame videos included). By the time I got to the Madame boss, I was fed up with the endless buttons smashing, these developers call "fight". Somewhat later I gave up and the story just wasn't interesting enough to torture myself more.
    Remember me had great ideas, really good design, but as a game it fails miserably.
  30. Jan 8, 2014
    A hugely underrated game, this one is a good indication of why a game's worth should not be reduced to a single [metacritic] number.

This game tells a story. A story about a distopia where memories are commodity for desperate junkies, and the rich. It's full of references and quotations from famous literary writers and philosophers (from Balzac to Simone de Beauvoir). This narrative is also very well executed, and enriched with awesome graphics and an extremely fun combat system.

So why the low general score? The only negative issues I've seen target the game's linearity and hance the lack of replayability caused by it. I guess people judge games by their value of being potentially the only game to play for the rest of their lives, nowadays. Bugs are close to nonexistent or too minor to take any notice.

If you're into the concept of memories and a good distopic narrative that tells about it in an artistic manner sounds intriguing, this game is for you.
  31. Jun 26, 2015
    I played this game a few months ago, so some details might have been (thankfully) erased from my memory. But the general impression is still vivid, which is the following:
    The game (first 3 or 4 chapters?) starts very good. There are minor flaws, but no major ones. Interesting story with elaborated background and good pace, actually solid sci-fi. Fight is a bit surprising but not in a bad sense.You can see the effort, care and creativity of the deveopers. Control, graphics - neutral.
    Then it just falls apart. Badly. I think it started with a plot twist where the main character, as a little girl, travels in a car (no spoiler meant, so I don't give details). The scene is so badly written, so out of place and so incredibly irritating that it left me with chin dropped. I though: no worries, anyone can have a bad day, even the writer/developer/whoever. I was ready to forgive (if not forget) and kept playing. But, from then on, the quality plummeted. Understand me well: the story became not only boring but irritating. The characters became completely irrational, so much that I stopped feeling anything at all. The plot twists became predictable, stupid, common place. Moreover, the fight conditions became more and more unfair Checking former comments, ppl complained a lot that fights were easy (I played a few years after publication). Checking other players on youtube, it indeed seemed easy. My guess is that developers tried to fix this in a pretty an upsetting way, f.e. your mobility was reduced after certain actions for a split second, whereas the opponents can hit/kick/shoot you with no problem. Unfair. Disappointing.
    I tried to finish the game... but in the end I just deleted maybe 1 or 2 chapters before the end. I simply decided that I spend no more precious time with something that alernates between boring and upsetting. On the bottomline: 8 for the beginning, but not more than 2 for the rest. Considering my disappointment, I am generous with 4 for the whole.
  32. Jun 5, 2013
    this game is awesome, the graphics, the music, the story, all of them are very engaging. Play yourself this game before listen to angry nerds whit hedonist view of games, you will not regret.
  33. Jun 5, 2013
    The game isn't that bad, the game is worth an an 7 or 8 /10, but i gave it a 10 to help counter the outrageous bad user ratings given before the game was even released, do people even know what a game rated 4 should play like?
  34. Jun 10, 2013
    My cons and pros for this game.

+Atmosphere +Design +Art Direction +Cutscenes +Music +Acting ++++Remixing Memories ++++Puzzles (2 of them but worthy) ++++++ Story +/- Combat - Cutscenes unable to skip (i don't mind but some will) - Some glitches and bugs - Confusing combat combos menu - Combos not really usefull except two maybe. I didn't even make a fourth combo -
    My cons and pros for this game.

+Atmosphere
    +Design
    +Art Direction
    +Cutscenes
    +Music
    +Acting
    ++++Remixing Memories
    ++++Puzzles (2 of them but worthy)
    ++++++ Story

+/- Combat

- Cutscenes unable to skip (i don't mind but some will)
    - Some glitches and bugs
    - Confusing combat combos menu
    - Combos not really usefull except two maybe. I didn't even make a fourth combo
    - Linear level design

So my final thought is. If DONTNOD get a chance to make a sequel they should make the level design more like Mass Effect with side quests. And they should also iron out the game and fix the combat. BUT, i applaud them for the atmosphere, story, setting, music, acting and allround feeling.
    And also, the remixing memories part and the couple riddles are always a welcome plus.

For me it deserves 8.5/10
  35. Jun 7, 2013
    I love the game. It's nice to see something with an intelligent story and innovative gameplay. It also qualifies as speculative science fiction, which can be prophetic.
  36. Jun 7, 2013
    This game is amazing. The science fiction here is better than in most movies. The graphics are good, too. And Neo Paris is the best game environment I've seen in years.

Truly, it's linear. But what is the problem? I think a good game for comparison would be Deus EX Human Revolution. And Remember is much better than DEXHR, which received great reviews. Congrats devs! Thank you Capcom!

Congrats devs! Thank you Capcom! This game is amazing, despite of the reviews.

The best game I played this year so far.
  37. Jan 1, 2014
    I enjoyed this game. The visuals are super. The audio was a bit scary as the cutting-out and repeat in music made me think my machine was having trouble; but no, it is just the way the sound is composed. The customizable combos might be a good idea, but I ended up using the 2-length punch combo all the time. Some boss fights were annoying a bit and had to look up the solution. Remixing wasI enjoyed this game. The visuals are super. The audio was a bit scary as the cutting-out and repeat in music made me think my machine was having trouble; but no, it is just the way the sound is composed. The customizable combos might be a good idea, but I ended up using the 2-length punch combo all the time. Some boss fights were annoying a bit and had to look up the solution. Remixing was fun and I managed to "accidentally" get some extra achievements with them. The story is interesting and the corridor-like gameplay didn't disturb me at all. Some aspects reminded me of Bungie's old action game Oni (2001). I bought it on a sale but was well worth the money. Expand
  38. Jun 4, 2013
    First, I would like to start off by saying that I loved this game. Despite numerous problems with it. Yes, the story is bad, the stiflingly linear level design, and some weird combat mechanics. Really though the game does stand out from all the other mediocre games I've played. The memory remixing sequences are a blast to do, even if they are few and far between. The combat is fun to playFirst, I would like to start off by saying that I loved this game. Despite numerous problems with it. Yes, the story is bad, the stiflingly linear level design, and some weird combat mechanics. Really though the game does stand out from all the other mediocre games I've played. The memory remixing sequences are a blast to do, even if they are few and far between. The combat is fun to play around with 95% of the time. Sometimes however the camera will move to bad positions due to the small environments. Exploration is a little disappointing, but the controls work well for platforming and jumping, sort of like Prince of Persia or Tomb Raider. The game has it's problems no doubt, but I was so amazed at what they did right I couldn't have cared less. Expand
  39. Jun 10, 2013
    Average game. Forces you to stop and start every 2mins for upgrade or plot progression. Rather pointless combo system with no real need for it. Fantastic cyberpunk world. Linear is putting it mildly. Good music. Wait for sales.
  40. Nov 2, 2013
    gave this game a 0/10 rating because i could not play the game because of all the problems i encountered...it was honestly a waste of my money and time. i never got past the skinner leaper as he never appeared no matter how many times i restarted the game, reloaded checkpoints, re installed the game, downloaded the update nothing seems to work.
  41. Jun 5, 2013
    Without a doubt, the most boring game i played in the last 2 years, i got it through steam with a gift card and oh boy was i disappointed..

Its like the game forces you to feel stupid! Its hand holding you the entire game, super easy and so boring i had to read Cracked on the side to i wont feel like i wasted 50$ (which i did) Every (extremely linear) mission is the same. you run

Every (extremely linear) mission is the same. you run climb some bars you fight (very easy fights, i failed to die once on the hardest level) for 2 minutes, rinse and repeat untill boss and then the memory reconstruction (and thats pretty cool tbh, the only cool part in the entire game)

The story could have been great tbh but i got so angry from the gameplay that my mind didnt invest. Furthermore, i HATE monologuing!! This game does it, and allot..

Great game if your a novice player just starting hes first few games and your mind is "flexible".
    godawful boring game if your a seasoned player that is here for the gameplay and story.
  42. Jun 8, 2013
    If you are a PC gamer you will be terribly dissapointed. One of the worst ports ever. Camera glitches, horrendus input lag, worst quality pre-rendered cutscenes I ever seen in like 10 years. Youtube in 360p looks better. Gameplay is boring like hell. Uber linear and corridor like game (forget about exploration). Not worth it's price at all.
  43. Jun 3, 2013
    Regardless of the previewers I think the game has a lot of potential of being a great game. Don't understand why people rate when it isnt even out yet.
  44. Feb 12, 2015
    It's been minutes since I finished this game and this game left me with so many impressions that, for the first time, I felt obligated to write a video game review.

Story/Dialogue/Characters... What seems at the beginning as a classical revenge motivated story line, evolves into a tale of guilt and the importance of confronting your pain, the price we pay to achieve our goals, of our identity and how a single event can drastically alter who you are. Nillin is an outstanding protagonist, her monologue is brilliant from the start, when she trashes inside the coffin her panic and anxiety is palpable, her reunion with her family gave me one of the most emotional experiences I've had in any game... If you love video games that stay with you long after you play it, then you simply cannot miss out this one. I would put it even on the same level with Last of Us, which is longer and overall better written, but was less original and more predictable. Only thing that was bit detracting from experience was some voice acting on english version( Nillin VA is exceptional though) and few characters like Kid X'mas and Madame that felt more like Austin Powers villains, compared to overall tone of this game.
    Graphics/Environment Design/Art Style... simply put this is the best realized cyberpunk and most immersive setting of our close future in any game. Graphics are excellent(although I would have liked an option to remove film grain) but the environmental design is where this game really shines. Robotics and smart technology is everywhere, design of life spaces is completely spot on, transparent floors,etc... You can clearly see, how designers didn't simply rush into this and really investigated what our life in 50 or so years would be like. If you love games with great atmosphere, that pull you to another space and time, then you're in the right place here.
    Gameplay...Overall it feels like simplified version of Assassin's Creed platforming and Arkham series combat with a few ideas of it's own. The movement between environment felt a bit restrictive with a clear follow the marker line, that the game could do without. Combat is less complex with no block or parry feature, but animations are top notch with well executed kill moves and the ability to create your own combos with different effects, which is a nice addition to the genre. You also develop several unique abilities like stealth, AOE stun, control drone etc... to complement pure fighting game. Overall, on the highest difficulty, it was simple but challenging, quite addictive fun without ever becoming frustrating... the only thing I would have liked to see is more agressive AI from common enemies, while allowing Nillin to continue her combos from one to the next.
    Performance and Stability...It runs very smoothly, no FPS drops, crashes,zero bugs... I've encountered only one glitch during platforming that reload fixed and that's just about it. No complaints.
    Final Impression... I expected poorly optimized game and riddled with bugs , or an ending similar Mass Effect style that leaves a sour impression on the overall game, anything to explain how something of this quality was almost unnoticed, but I stil don't get it. RM could definitely use more complexity when it comes to combat or platforming, or allowed us some storyline Deus Ex choices, as well as expanded environments with more alternate paths... but what this game also offers is fantastic atmosphere and amazing environmental design where it's second to none, provocative tale and one of the most unique and engaging protagonists in any game, while adding it's own innovations like combat style customization and memory altering mechanic.
    Trust me on this, this is a game whose only real failure is that it values quality over quantity and substance over form as well as offers unique ideas of it's own to an industry where creative design is of little interest...like Masquerade Bloodlines and similar games, this game has a unique quality that will take years to be recognized.
  45. Jun 7, 2013
    I really liked this game so I'd give it 88/100. The visuals and art style are fantastic on the PC. Even though the game is very linear, I still enjoyed stopping to look at the environment and beautiful designs of rooms. The music is awesome and especially the main theme. Little sound effects like when you successfully pull off a combo are a nice touch as well. The story was actually veryI really liked this game so I'd give it 88/100. The visuals and art style are fantastic on the PC. Even though the game is very linear, I still enjoyed stopping to look at the environment and beautiful designs of rooms. The music is awesome and especially the main theme. Little sound effects like when you successfully pull off a combo are a nice touch as well. The story was actually very interesting. Nilin is a great main character that I cared for. The gameplay is a nice mix and very fun. The combat is different from other games in the genre so it was a breath of fresh air. Once you understand how the timing works and you start creating your own combos from the menu it gets super entertaining. Nilin also has a bunch of really cool abilities to add to the mix during fights against different enemies. People who find this combat too difficult or frustrating are obviously not fans of Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden. Getting around the areas was also well executed with a combination of Nilin's special glove and climbing around like Uncharted. PC optimization is just fine until the very last level where super sampling can easily drop your frame rate. Luckily the scene I'm referring to is very short. Besides for that there are little stutters when the game saves at a checkpoint but that's not very uncommon in games even today.

If Nilin ever gets a sequel...I'm in. Remember you soon.
  46. Oct 3, 2013
    A story with great unique potential, sadly backed up poorly. Fighting and movement feels awkward, and bossfights and many encounters are so monotonic you want to facepalm your self so hard that your brain is all over the wall behind you.
    While the story seemed ok, i never finished the game, after afew hours of playing i simply felt the lacking and repetetive gameplay and odd steering and camera angles, were not worth to go trough to see how the story would actually end. A shame really.
  47. Jun 5, 2013
    This is the best game so far in 2013 both story and gameplay is perfect for me.This game could be better if only Console exclusive imo.Nilin is great character both personality and looking,voice acting is superb, music is great (main menu and xmb menu) other musics is okay.The control is perfect for console version,
    I really hope tis game is not gonna milk like AC,COD. This is a
    I really hope tis game is not gonna milk like AC,COD. This is a masterpiece there is no need sequels.Finally a new game without nudism,XXX scenes,romantic plot and boobfest.This is a true masterpiece.
  48. Jun 4, 2013
    A great start to what hopefully becomes a more fleshed-out series. Although the game's most interesting and fun parts, the memory remixes, only appear a meager 4 times in the game, it's still a fun ride. The customized combat system keeps fighting from becoming stale, and the environment and music create a fantastic atmosphere.

Although it might not be worth the full asking price, not

Although it might not be worth the full asking price, not many games are. Still, Remember Me is a fantastic game that should be enjoyed, short as it may be.
  49. Jun 5, 2013
    Good are graphics, good atmosphere in first couple of levels, than it drops to average. Combat is a direct copy to games like "Sleeping Dogs" but with a twist! You can create your own combos! Which is you just can change the effect of the punches, the combos are fix. Feels dull after a while. You get a couple of special moves which are fun to play around with. The game clocks at 10 hoursGood are graphics, good atmosphere in first couple of levels, than it drops to average. Combat is a direct copy to games like "Sleeping Dogs" but with a twist! You can create your own combos! Which is you just can change the effect of the punches, the combos are fix. Feels dull after a while. You get a couple of special moves which are fun to play around with. The game clocks at 10 hours for me, you can try to find all the secret goodies and push it maybe to 13 hours. Re-playability is bad though seeing as you can't skip any cut- or dialogue scenes. Again for the first couple of levels the game really tries to keep you on your toes, mixing action with slower parts and having the camera pan out to admire the beautiful Neo-Tokyo.. I mean Neo-Paris. But at around mid point the game is doing that less and less, like they didn't give a flying after the first 3 hours of game play. One of the special features of the game are memory sequences where you can remix dramatic memories of character so they change their life style and start doing your bidding. I was pretty confused the whole game if I was the good or bad guy(girl). Those sequences are few and far between though and you don't really have that much input, the game basically tells you what do change, you do it, look how it plays out, the end. And one memory you have to remix twice, so all in all there are 3 memory remix scenes, what a waste. The music is suits the cyberpunk setting, also its affected by your game play sometimes. In one fight for example the music pans out when you get it, gets faster when you do long combos and gets erratic when you go berserk. Doesn't do that in all fights though. The main draw is the story which is not bad, its worth a look. I enjoyed my time with it, especially the main characters ass was in good shape.

TL;DR: Average game play with good atmosphere, graphics and story
  50. Jun 9, 2013
    It is a great game just for the story.
    It is a great game just for the story.
    The combat and some of the mechanics will really annoy you at times as they're not 100% reactive but there are great puzzle segments and a satisfying combat style. I admit I almost quit playing because of one of the remixes i spent 30 mins trying to just change 1 thing (pc controls are terrible for this) so i recommend you grab an xbox controller for those segments.
    For combat, pc controls are tighter and easier than the controller. I also recommend that you make sure you look up your hotkeys so that you know which symbol means which move on boss fights. Nothing is worse than having to do the same bit 30 times not being able to figure out which button to press :)

For those that like lists, here's what this game does well:
    Graphics perfectly optimised, i had no frameloss on highest settings with several programs open on a GTX460. Very impressive visuals.

Story At first, you're trying to get used to this 'Neo Paris' and spend some time working out what it is. Then everything changes. The story becomes more and more intense and builds up to one of the best story finales I have ever experienced.

Music This game has really great music and it responds to your combat experience. As you land combo's, the music becomes more fragmented which gives a great adrenaline pumped experience. In chapters 1-4 the music is very low-key but in 5-8 it becomes a beautiful masterpiece and enhances the story experience greatly.

Puzzle segments I won't spoil them as they are only going to be as much fun the first time... but don't look them up on the internet! Some of these require some thought, but sadly there aren't many of these. Which brings me to...

Memory remixes! This. Is. Great! if only there were more of these, the game would be getting much greater scores. Painfully underused, these segments are original and very fun! ...on an xbox controller. Do not use your mouse and keyboard for these!!

Things the game does badly:

Platforming While the tomb raider assassin's creed style swinging from rooftops is fun, the arrows make it far too easy and there is always only 1 way to go. This feels like you're on a train track and you're just pressing the forward button.

Camera controls The camera is sometimes fixed for no apparent reason in places where you really need it to be free. The combat situations where this happens are often very frustrating and do not give the desire to revisit that situation.
    PC controls are appalling in all but the combat. for whatever reason, looking up requires 1 meter of mouse-mat and the first QTE's button presses are simply confusing as you suddenly need to know what the symbols mean which you may not unless you've checked the hotkey settings.
    Go into the game knowing the what the problems are and how to deal with them and you'll enjoy yourself a lot. It is a masterpiece with a few cracks in places but they can be overlooked as the last 3 chapters are just...wow. just amazing.
  51. Sep 2, 2013
    Beautiful graphics, but the story is ridiculously linear and lacks true feeling. It is best described as a failed ham, trying to feel more dramatic and emotional instead of what it really is a hasty, uninteresting story. Combat is just another beat-em-up type system with a combo "lab" that boils down to varying four types of attacks in each combo. Gorgeous? Yes. Good? No.
  52. Jun 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm quite surprised to see such low user review like that when there's actually only 5 users rated this game and most of them were positive reviews.
    Since I haven't played the game yet. I will rate it according to a video I watched yesterday. Link:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IsdYg40qLY
  53. Jun 9, 2013
    if capcom had made a movie instead of a game, probably i would have loved Remember Me.
    the graphics are good, music is good (i loved the moment in which a robot played the gymnopedie n1), setting is fantastic, story is ok, gameplay SUCK ASS.
    everything is going from A to B following predetermined paths, you can't explore anywhere, combat is boring.
    don't buy it.
  54. Jun 4, 2013
    How long does it take most experienced gamers to figure out whether a new release is worth it or not? Probably an hour? I struggled to play this game for that long. Unfortunately, this game is a huge disappointment. I pre-ordered because the previews looked so interesting, but what a waste of money. What could have been an interesting game has turned into a disaster. Very awkward fightHow long does it take most experienced gamers to figure out whether a new release is worth it or not? Probably an hour? I struggled to play this game for that long. Unfortunately, this game is a huge disappointment. I pre-ordered because the previews looked so interesting, but what a waste of money. What could have been an interesting game has turned into a disaster. Very awkward fight controls which are difficult if not nearly impossible to figure out. Basically no tutorial to help navigate keyboard controls. No theme to the story line except for the fact that the character has had her memory wiped out, but after that the action has morphed into fights with other beings which apparently are zombies with no memories. I just could not continue. Do not waste your money. The user scores and the metacritic scores are definitely accurate. Expand
  55. Jun 4, 2013
    First impressions at about 4 hours in.

THE GOOD Its time for the remix! Ok, best part really is remixing memories. Call me geeky, but when I started moving my mouse in counter-clockwise circles, I got really excited. I really like the look and feel of Neo-Paris. There's a lot of detail that went into the walls, the art, the small touches that I saw in the city. I'm enjoying
    First impressions at about 4 hours in.

THE GOOD

I'm enjoying the little of Nilin's character that is being exposed through monologue. I really wish there was more, and maybe there will be? Also, the voice acting seems to be well done with her, not so much the supporting cast. Finally, I am always thrilled to play female characters, its as though its a rarity.

I like the "Customization" regarding the combos, at least there is something that you get to manage in the game, since there is no inventory or skill tree (in the traditional sense).

Most importantly, there is something about the style and gameplay that hasn't been done before. I can't quite put my finger on what it is exactly, but I will remember "Remember Me" for doing something new.

THE BAD

Sometimes the camera gets all weird because I'm in a corner, and I can't see. Also, I find the controls a little wonky, and from time to time I find myself going in a direction I do not want to be going in.

Everyone and their mom has said this the game is linear, so linear that I hardly have to look at the screen to figure out where I'm going as there is only one way. Also, without the indicators of where to jump, I never would be able to figure out what fence I can and can't jump.

THE UGLY

For me, the worst part of this game, shared the worst part of Tomb Raider (the reboot), and that is timing/specific key presses (aka quicktime event) during fights. I find this extremely jarring and I think I almost broke my keyboard at one point when I couldn't figure out what I should be pressing.

IF WISHES WERE HORSES:

One thing that is strangely lacking is blood. Nilin is getting beat up, she's beating up people, she's falling off of roofs, but no scrapes. I was happy when she fell on her ankle and I thought that maybe she would have a limp as the cutscene indicated, but she didn't.

Also, I want to talk to people, but no one wants to talk to me. Everyone I pass says "sorry, you're not my type" or "i'm waiting for someone" or something about "brushing my hair". In Neo-Paris are unattractive people hot now? If I saw Nilin walking towards me, I probably would ask her to sit with me, not tell her to go away.

I thought this would somehow be more of an adult game. By adult I do not mean sex, I mean a discussion of intellectual ideas. This remixing of memories, or trading of memories is an excellent concept, and I thought we'd be able to explore it more and examine both the good and the bad of this technology.

CONCLUSION

Ultimately, I'm enjoying myself and the gameplay keeps me going.
  56. Jun 18, 2013
    2 bugs on start of the game no menu on start screen, and no mouse pointer, even after fixing first bug. Awesome! Was this game tested? It's not even alpha-level. Why should I waste my precious time to google about bug-fixes? I'm very frustrated and will NEVER buy nothing from DONTNOD they are noobs in game development.
  57. Aug 28, 2013
    Meh. Not the best game I ever played. Not up to expectations. Weird ass gameplay. Umm, what else, not a very interesting story. I gotta give it this. It was a good concept and if they come at the game from a different perspective they might be able to make a sequel. but it would need new characters and plot, and setting.
  58. Dec 30, 2013
    it's a game with good graphics, story and cool interactions with the game, but the PC version of the game is just bad, the camera does go were you want it to go, the game requires a very powerful PC just to run it, the game play is terrible and what's worst is the controls, which doesn't follow what you want it to do or lags before it does it, also the action icon are vague making youit's a game with good graphics, story and cool interactions with the game, but the PC version of the game is just bad, the camera does go were you want it to go, the game requires a very powerful PC just to run it, the game play is terrible and what's worst is the controls, which doesn't follow what you want it to do or lags before it does it, also the action icon are vague making you unsure of what to do, if they fix the controls it might make it a descent game, because it's kind of hard to play the game if you can't control your character. Expand
  59. Jun 8, 2013
    Was really curious and got the game on release date(steam). Really big disappointment. I for once agree with most of the reviews that are giving it an average score. Nice ideas, but not really integrated into immersive and/or enjoyable gameplay. Bosses are either fun, or frustration. Controls for pc were "just done." Pity, it had such potential. The story might have been compelling too,Was really curious and got the game on release date(steam). Really big disappointment. I for once agree with most of the reviews that are giving it an average score. Nice ideas, but not really integrated into immersive and/or enjoyable gameplay. Bosses are either fun, or frustration. Controls for pc were "just done." Pity, it had such potential. The story might have been compelling too, but instead you can just see one cliche after another. I wish well to the developers though. Next time perhaps... Expand
  60. Jun 3, 2013
    it came out on the 3rd for pc. so yeah. research maybe? its good. flawed combat.
  61. Jun 14, 2013
    This game is a of Assassin's Creed and Prototype with a "new" twist; or it can be considered just a same old 3rd person "shooter" with a new storyline (shell).

Graphics just OK on today's standard for a $50 3rd person shooter. Fun to pass-time when you got way too much time, nothing more.
  62. Jan 6, 2014
    I have to give this game 0 points since it's completely unplayable. I'm stuck on the control tutorial, I am being asked to use the mouse/right stick to look around but no mater how much I look the game just wont move on. It's broken therefore ZERO points.
  63. Dec 26, 2013
    *Update* Was upset because I can't play more than 15 min without game turning into a Lag Fest! Game was running more than 45 fps before suddenly dropping down to under 10 fps. Only way was to quit game & restart. Then someone advised me to turn of Supersampling & forced AA through Nvidia's control panel. It worked! I'm now gaming at near max. settings with beautiful graphics running*Update* Was upset because I can't play more than 15 min without game turning into a Lag Fest! Game was running more than 45 fps before suddenly dropping down to under 10 fps. Only way was to quit game & restart. Then someone advised me to turn of Supersampling & forced AA through Nvidia's control panel. It worked! I'm now gaming at near max. settings with beautiful graphics running almost 60 fps. No problem at all! Thus, other than it being a poorly optimized PC port of the console game, the game itself is really pretty. However, there's lots of unrealized potential unable to interact with the gorgeous environment because it is a corridor shooter with a story and a path mapped out in a linear manner i.e. practically no turn left-or-right options. Simply too linear. However, story is not bad, and the memory remixes is refreshing. Combat is ok. Its an overall innovative piece of work. However, you must be able to accept it being a linear action-adventure game. Expand
  64. Mar 1, 2015
    The "hero" in this game is a girl whose only talent is the ability to lie effectively. Although they euphemistically call it "remixing memories", the ethical level of this developers is well defined by their pride about creating a character who use lies to plant hatred between friends to get some personal benefit.

Great art, imbecile programming, criminal control implementation. Without

Great art, imbecile programming, criminal control implementation. Without professional engineers you cannot build a game. No, Scratch doesn't make you an engineer, it just amplify your idiocy and your wrong self perception.
  65. Jun 8, 2013
    I made a mistake pre judging this game in its first two hours. lesson learned. after episode 3, this game is a masterpiece of its own. the music, the atmosphere, the art, its amazing, underrated and not appreciated. the last of us deserves a 10? please, leave that crap out of gaming and give us some more of remember me. must be because its a black female character cause otherwise iI made a mistake pre judging this game in its first two hours. lesson learned. after episode 3, this game is a masterpiece of its own. the music, the atmosphere, the art, its amazing, underrated and not appreciated. the last of us deserves a 10? please, leave that crap out of gaming and give us some more of remember me. must be because its a black female character cause otherwise i dont see why the 6 and belows for this game. Expand
  66. Mar 1, 2016
    You know those games where you feel sorry for the artists and animators of a studio because they've put so much work into a game that looks absolutely fantastic... but has unbelievably terrible gameplay with ridiculous and cliche writing? This is one of those.

An extremely console-ish game with some interesting gameplay ideas - utilized very badly - and ultimately resulting in a frustrating, annoying, and unengaging experience. A lot of potential here has been squandered for style over substance.

Disorienting cameras that are trying - and failing - to give some kind of cinematic experience while breaking all the rules of good cinematography. Platforming that is about as boring as it gets and seems designed simply to show off the profoundly cluttered and illogically laid-out maps. A never-ending tutorial that infuriatingly interrupts combat which requires precise timing and attention.

Even in easy mode, a few hits from the swarms of enemies puts you in a risky state of low health. Forcing you to go through the tedious process of modifying your combo effects to heal yourself or speed up your cooldowns on overload-type attacks. Lacking focus to use these attacks but only have invulnerable enemies left? TOO BAD! It's like this game was never even play-tested.
  67. Mar 20, 2015
    This game has a lot of potential, but fails to excel and realize that potential. The story has an interesting premise, but a lackluster ending; the visual design is excellent, but the graphics fail to do it justice due to low-quality assets, the ability to create your own combos is promising, but the system is too shallow; remixing memories is just a matter of activating a few switchesThis game has a lot of potential, but fails to excel and realize that potential. The story has an interesting premise, but a lackluster ending; the visual design is excellent, but the graphics fail to do it justice due to low-quality assets, the ability to create your own combos is promising, but the system is too shallow; remixing memories is just a matter of activating a few switches dressed up as a game mechanic. Keyboard and mouse controls are adequate, but occasionally have problems, and the camera is not very responsive. Overall, this game is worth a playthrough, but don't expect too much of it. Expand
  68. Jun 8, 2013
    Playing this on the PC is an absolute treat. I have just this minute completed it and wanted to chip in. Remember me is made from a BRAND NEW STUDIO. And the game blew me away. Sure if you want to nitpick it was very combat, then platform/rinse & repeat at times but for their first game they have done an amazing job. I had to Run FRAPS all through the game just to screenshot some of thePlaying this on the PC is an absolute treat. I have just this minute completed it and wanted to chip in. Remember me is made from a BRAND NEW STUDIO. And the game blew me away. Sure if you want to nitpick it was very combat, then platform/rinse & repeat at times but for their first game they have done an amazing job. I had to Run FRAPS all through the game just to screenshot some of the beauty in this game. The sights are amazing to the point where it had me looking through the artwork in the extras menu and screenshotting those for desktop backgrounds!

In the end you have to experience this if you are looking for something new, or a fan of sci-fi Deus Ex type genre.

I hope this gets great sales and a sequel. Brilliant game.
  69. Jun 12, 2013
    İnsteresting idea, nice graphics but gameplay and story cant get me. And the end is nosense for me I dont wanna spoiler with it. But it was horrible i think.
  70. Jul 31, 2013
    What could have been a good game is absolutely ruined by terrible controls. I have seen a lot of crapy console ports but this one takes the cake. On top of that mediocre graphics don't help the game either. Otherwise this game has some innovative game play and is impressive by its futuristic design of the world.
  71. Jun 26, 2013
    This game is a story you can play but you can't interact with it. Has long you are ok with that you wil have a good time. But like so many game nowdays it really is a short game (8 to 10 hours in the hardest difficulty). with all in graphics nothing in game life time. Some pro and con now. It is on many point like mirror edge.

Pro: great original and captivating story. Fun and

Pro: great original and captivating story. Fun and interesting gameplay.
    Con: Really short. You can't decide anything your watching the game and story and just fight for time to time. Linear.

In the end if it was cheaper or with choice to influence and change the story (various ending) or with a longer life time, it would have been a good 8 but considering all these i put a 6.
  72. Jun 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A very good game. Enough fun, very good scenarios, good music, acceptable duration and very good difficulty. Nothing that blow your mind but if you want to play some good this game is perfect. Expand
  73. Jun 24, 2013

Memories make us who we are today, and in losing hers, Nilin, Remember Me‘s lead protagonist, is a bit of a nobody for over half the game. She’s flat, generic, and lacking in any humor, charm, or intrigue. That’s a bit of a problem when you’re introducing a new IP this late into the generation cycle. Palindromic French developer DONTNOD Entertainment have audaciously stepped on their own feet over a number of conditions regarding the games creation, but they persevere in the only way that European games usually can. There’s a lot of love hate ideas in Remember Me, and its pop-philosophic inquiry into the future of Paris is explored through a vibrant and fantastic science fiction world that certainly gives more to love than to hate.

The lead protagonist is dry, although there’s plenty of narrative explaining why, and the game is made on the ageing Unreal 3 engine at a time where gamers are hard to please, and we’re swooning over new architecture and videogame engines. It’s going to take something special to wow us at this juncture. Why would a 3D action platformer set in a science fiction universe, with a generic English protagonist do the job? The answer is simple: Remember Me excels in more places than it falls. It has an exceptional sound track, beautiful art design, and some of the most authentically tantalizing set pieces in any game of late. It’s platforming done right, and that is actually a pretty rare feat.

Welcome to Neo-Paris

DONTNOD have mirrored Japanese fiction in their sticking ‘Neo’ in the front of any city to indicate some kind of cataclysmic event in the past. This time, Paris is flooded (ostensibly due to global warming although this isn’t discussed), and everyone’s all a little too addicted to a Google Glass technology called ‘Sensen’, or the Sensation Engine, which enables the manipulation and distribution of memories between people, systems, etc,. A worst case scenario type deal, the Sensen technology has been abused by a faceless government, who disable or remove peoples memories to such an extent as to render them docile and without identity as a form of punishment. Mindless husks are thus driven mad and driven to the darkest corners of Neo-Paris, whilst those who survive (let’s call them the 1% for and giggles) do so without questioning authority.
    Unhappy with the way the government are abusing Google Glass… I mean… ‘Sensen’, a group of terrorists-but-not-terrorists called ‘Errorists’ (not joking) break Nilin out of jail to once again try to shut down Google… I mean Memorize, the guys behind the brain implant. Doing this is a matter of killing, but more intriguingly, stealing or adjusting the memories of key characters concerned with the development and distribution of the governments and corporations evil deeds. These ‘Errorists’ are humanists, or Luddites, depending on your perspective. However, throwing wooden clogs at loom’s isn’t enough to sufficiently quell the theft and alteration of the cities identity.
    This is science fiction written to appeal to a very broad science fiction demographic, but it’s presented with finesse, class, and rich detail, even if the writing and exposition is a little lackluster. The narrow streets and juxtaposed Neo-Paris and classical Paris are wonderfully rendered, and much of the city even in its new form retains that unmistakable French architecture, famous for making London look architecturally retarded.

There’s always something whizzing past, or chasing you.
    Remember Me is the epitome of ‘streamlined’. What is often said to mean linear retains some of its subtlety here, because whilst Remember Me is about as linear as dry spaghetti, it’s incredibly refined. There’s always a scripted event going on, such as ships swooshing past, or something chasing you down, and Nilin’s repository of tricks and moves does enough to bridge the gap between minimal user input and something more along the lines of an actual videogame. At times Remember Me feels like some perverse AAA version of Temple Run, but the narrative cut-scenes, boss battles, and genuinely interesting combat system remind me that there’s more to it than simply jumping from pretty building A to pretty crane B.
  74. Jul 9, 2013
    Terrible fight mechanics the baddest i've seen in a very long time, general crap game play.

Game doesnt seem bad except for the gameplay itself and the fight mechanics.....
  75. Mar 16, 2014
    Remember me was a game which I lately heard about. When I played I said this is going to be boring and very unpleasant, but I have almost finished it and now I can decide myself. The story is awesome. I have never seen a idea like this, not even in movies, but in RM, sometimes, the purpose of the whole journey is forgotten. The character is great, well built and charming. What's missingRemember me was a game which I lately heard about. When I played I said this is going to be boring and very unpleasant, but I have almost finished it and now I can decide myself. The story is awesome. I have never seen a idea like this, not even in movies, but in RM, sometimes, the purpose of the whole journey is forgotten. The character is great, well built and charming. What's missing for her it's a agressive husband. *joking*. I can say Nilin is the perfect one to finish getting back her memory and to make me ask who was she before this nightmare? The places are cool. A futuristic level at the concept of towns and alleys is not hard to make, not today, and here, the Neo-Paris is great built. What made me say this is one minimal detail which maybe doesn't matter in games who has not a open world: every shop, restaurant has its own interior and the inhabitants are not dead, such as other games, which make the game very nice watching. The gameplay is quite good; where I am talking about the movement, attack and parkour. The movement is very very easy to swallow, of course, for a woman, which is not a bitter pill. The attack is a bit confusing. I don't say about the combat and moves itself, but the combos are very often useless, as you don't know what to do to make one. On PC, QTE ( Quick Time Event(s)) are very decepting, as you have to execute some moves after some images that you do not know what means, and also, as a quick time event, you have to make them in a short time, not in a certain time. On consoles, at this class, the game is better polished. The parkour is neither good or bad, acceptable, as not to lower the grade for the game. You can just grap some edges of of a building, walk along the walls, climb up some stick and run quickly on platform, which does not constitutes a parkour game which also is not.
    All in all, the game is very attractive and nicely playing and I cannot understand why some gave it low grades and under-appreciated it. I give it a 9.
  76. Nov 7, 2015
    At first this is a extremely promising title, but after all, Remember Me is just another repetitive, shallow, uninspiring, painfully boring and forgettable game.
  77. Sep 12, 2014
    I was always interested in this game since I first saw it. It looked like it could have some real potential.
    I then proceeded to forget about the game until I saw it on special offer on Steam. I figured why not and downloaded it. Sadly it doesn't compete with almost any game released in the past 10 years or so.
    The graphics are in dire need of some work, mainly the poor textures and
    The graphics are in dire need of some work, mainly the poor textures and shaders make it look a little dated.
    Sadly it doesn't only fall short there, the gameplay is extremely linear. The game isn't so much a game as a story with a menu screen. You are directed, with no perceivable allowance for exploration, to each objective. Episode 0 is a good indication of that as it sets multiple waypoints just a few metres apart for you to follow. The only control you have is with the "combat" system. You can choose how to beat up some truly terrible AI opponents, as in do you punch or kick them. That's it, but in all fairness they're so stupid that you only need that much choice.
    Platforming sections? Of which there are quite a few, are a poor mans version of tomb raider. No alternate routes, no challenges. Simply follow the only direction you can possibly take.
    Then there are the memory remix parts. Rewind to start and look for blurs, then slow it down and click. Move to next blur and repeat.... yawn. Though clever in concept it's too simple and basic in application.
    The voice acting is pretty good though, I liked the voice acting.
  78. Dec 1, 2015
    Remember Me is an action-filled science fiction game from Dontnod Entertainment. While the graphics, the setting, the theme, and the unique combat mechanics of Remember Me are praiseworthy, progressing thru the middle of the game up to before the end is painfully frustrating, annoying and repetitive.

First of all, fvck the confusing quick time events. Of all the games that I have played, I can say that Remember Me quick time events is painfully annoying and difficult. They should've put normal buttons there instead of those symbols. Second, combat may be unique -- but sometimes enemies are too damn hard and too many making the game really friggin' annoying. Third, game is full of bugs. Fourth, game is smooth on my device but loading screen takes too much time especially when repetitively DYING from this disappointment of a game. Fifth, the game feels too repetitive even with the new mechanics being introduced as the player progresses. Sixth, the collectibles is really ridiculous. The health bar and focus bar should be improved automatically during the game and not by looking for stupid easter eggs! Seventh, shallow story. Just beating people up to stop someone from doing this for whatever reason that only Edge and Nillin knows. Eight, almost emotionless if not totally emotionless voice acting.

Thankfully, if you actually play the game in the easiest mode and just finish the game thru the end, everything will be fine and less frustrating slash repetitive. The ending is good, plot twist is totally unexpected.
  79. May 20, 2016
    The Game as most people before me have said is a great idea for a game it just has that problem of it being poorly implemented. The on of the bosses for the most part unbeatable because the game gives no indication that I'm doing jack to her, and don't say "well you ain't good enough" because I am because I got to that point in the game on hard mode with only 10 deaths so if I can't figureThe Game as most people before me have said is a great idea for a game it just has that problem of it being poorly implemented. The on of the bosses for the most part unbeatable because the game gives no indication that I'm doing jack to her, and don't say "well you ain't good enough" because I am because I got to that point in the game on hard mode with only 10 deaths so if I can't figure out what to do then they've got a serious problem. Expand
  80. Jun 9, 2013
    Unigue and rare beautiful sci-fi masterpeace with deep lore, astonishing attention to every detail and movie-like grapics. A must have for sci-fi heads.
  81. May 27, 2015
    I was initially intrigued by the game's setting and the concept of stealing memories. It's a fresh concept and started off on a good foot. However, as the game went on, the story started to get less and less interesting, filled with a large number of tropes and cliches, and the worst of all, feeling padded with levels that were way longer than they should've been. The game can beI was initially intrigued by the game's setting and the concept of stealing memories. It's a fresh concept and started off on a good foot. However, as the game went on, the story started to get less and less interesting, filled with a large number of tropes and cliches, and the worst of all, feeling padded with levels that were way longer than they should've been. The game can be summarized as a collection of cutscenes connected together by tonnes of climbing, combat, and stealth sections, which often repeated in every single stage.

I enjoyed the combat. It was fun stringing together combos and making each hit in a combo do something, like heal self or reduce the cooldown on skills. Getting a chance to dodge whenever I want, and we've got a very dynamic combat, enhanced even further by fun S-Pressen skills, which act like special abilities, such as a short fury burst, or slowing the enemy reactions, or even making machines turn on their allies and self-destruct.

The boss fights were either love or hate experience for me. I enjoyed some of them, like the Zorn robots, but the ones against some important characters were irritating, because most times they were completely invulnerable to everything but one skill, and unfortunately the skill you needed to use would go on a long cooldown after you use it. Even with the help of cooldown reducing skills, this still dragged out the boss fights way longer than they should've been. To make boss fights even worse, you had to finish each boss off with a series of QTE button presses. If you make a mistake, the boss heals some health and you have to keep fighting them.

Another common gameplay mechanic is the climbing. It's very similar to Assassin's Creed style of climbing around buildings and rooftops, except it's pretty much 100% linear. There are no big cities to explore. You pretty much make your way from one ledge to the next the entire time. At times you'd be forced to do stealth sections, where you must avoid getting seen by drones. These drones could insta-kill you if you got in their field of view, so making one tiny mistake meant an instant game over, and not being able to save whenever you want, you'd often be taken back to the last checkpoint.

Lastly, the game also had rather cool memory remix sections, where you had to alter someone's memory and make them think that what really happened was different. It's an awesome idea and I thought it was great, but there were only 4 such sections in the entire game. Moreover, despite how cool they were, I don't see them being fun the second time round, when you already know what to do.

Overall I was a bit disappointed. The game had a nice premise, a cool setting, and both the visuals and music were nice too, but its gameplay suffered for the most part and got very repetitive very fast, and the story got less interesting in the second half. Because of this, I can't recommend it to most players, but I think some players will enjoy it very much. I'd recommend to get it only when it's heavily discounted.
  82. Jun 10, 2013
    Review #2:
    Review #2:
    The game world is very diverse. In every chapter new things are implemented. The game keeps being refreshing chapter after chapter. Quiet well planned. The enemies are not just basic, with their own skills and stats, but some enemies have co-exists and boost each others powers. This can be seen by a leaper with a red shielding, making invulnerable Or a soldier with 2 leaper slaves which attack first, these leapers have some kind of connection with it's host. This can be seen with the communication line between master and leaper slaves.

During the battle you try to execute the highest combo, thus earning yourself much more 'exp' points to boost your skills. This game is no longer a buton mashing game, can be, but to really enjoy the game you have to try to use combo's.

Just one impressive game.
  83. Jun 15, 2013
    Combat is tight, though the main difficulty comes from managing the order in which you dispatch enemies and maneuvering rather than whether you pull off the combos. The camera is a little loose, you will spend a lot of the combat actively refocusing the camera on the action, the comparison being with the Arkham games and Sleeping Dogs with their much cleverer camera AI. Very immersiveCombat is tight, though the main difficulty comes from managing the order in which you dispatch enemies and maneuvering rather than whether you pull off the combos. The camera is a little loose, you will spend a lot of the combat actively refocusing the camera on the action, the comparison being with the Arkham games and Sleeping Dogs with their much cleverer camera AI. Very immersive story discussing very interesting themes about memories (obviously), power, oligarchy, privatized security and prisons and class warfare in general. Some of these themes are addressed superficially, some are discussed is more depth through gameplay.

The only cliché I have recognized is Nilin’s (protagonist) amnesia, though I’m fine with giving Remember Me a pass for this one as it is used to weave a very interesting story. Quick-Time Events and bosses without life bars need to be culled. I’ve noticed people pointing out the linearity of Remember Me, I’ve also noticed that this wasn’t a complaint of God of War… I don’t think that this is a legitimate gripe since the developers clearly didn’t design any sort of open world and still managed to show the player the future they’ve created. Not every game is sandbox, get over it. 8/10 for consistently satisfying and challenging combat and an interesting story with a believable heroine.
  84. Jun 11, 2013
    This game is in fact a solid 8.0. But I am giving it a 9 since so many reviewers seem to be so polarized.
    Positives: Music, voice acting, soundtrack, graphics, character development and story are superior to most "interactive movies" that I have played.
    Negatives: Game is devoid of choices or freedom. I will say however this is a common sacrifice game developers make for the sake of story. Just know when you buy the game that it is basically an interactive movie progressed by button combinations. Not a game with any RPG elements, choices or freedom.
  85. Nov 4, 2016
    I fall in love with this gem ! :D The main story is very interesting and the story telling is grab and hold my attention through the game to the end. Fighting and dynamic combo system ( you can build and combine your combos the way you wish ) is absolutely positive ! Batman and AC series has far-far weakest fighting mechanics than this game and it can challenge some point in normalI fall in love with this gem ! :D The main story is very interesting and the story telling is grab and hold my attention through the game to the end. Fighting and dynamic combo system ( you can build and combine your combos the way you wish ) is absolutely positive ! Batman and AC series has far-far weakest fighting mechanics than this game and it can challenge some point in normal difficulty too! Neo-Paris is wonderful and has a great atmosphere i wish i have a little bit more room to poke around ! The only thing is bothered me is the camera handling which is very dull sometimes ( but i never died because of it :). Expand
  86. Jun 19, 2013
    The game is simply great. Could take 10/10 if it was multiplayer/coop and with some more memory remixes. It's a great interactive movie, with a storyline so well written that it's impossible to not love it, a great immaginary society based on deprivation of will from people and total control from the high levels of the society. The combat system with combos is really nice, play in the hardThe game is simply great. Could take 10/10 if it was multiplayer/coop and with some more memory remixes. It's a great interactive movie, with a storyline so well written that it's impossible to not love it, a great immaginary society based on deprivation of will from people and total control from the high levels of the society. The combat system with combos is really nice, play in the hard difficulty and you'll have nice and hard fights. Expand
  87. Jul 1, 2013
    I was originally a bit skeptical about this game. And I will say the number one flaw in this game is the combat system is a bit bland and repetitive, and given the beautiful environment you had it would have been nice to be given a bit more of a option to explore around and such. While I do agree this is a lot of like a cinema game where a lot of the time you spend will be watching theI was originally a bit skeptical about this game. And I will say the number one flaw in this game is the combat system is a bit bland and repetitive, and given the beautiful environment you had it would have been nice to be given a bit more of a option to explore around and such. While I do agree this is a lot of like a cinema game where a lot of the time you spend will be watching the story progress through cut-scenes. The actual story itself is something I enjoy watching. I would say you should wait for a steam sale or something of that matter before going out and purchasing it. Expand
  88. Sep 26, 2014
    game is highly underrated blame the reviewer sites for giving mediocre scores it deserves 8.5/10.graphic details in episode 2 is amazing.very good story evoking emotions(makes me remember last of us not as emotional journey as last of us).involves morality,politics in backdrop(makes me remember story of bio shock series) its told in an interesting manner.clunky controls and ridiculous icongame is highly underrated blame the reviewer sites for giving mediocre scores it deserves 8.5/10.graphic details in episode 2 is amazing.very good story evoking emotions(makes me remember last of us not as emotional journey as last of us).involves morality,politics in backdrop(makes me remember story of bio shock series) its told in an interesting manner.clunky controls and ridiculous icon for jumping,after you get hang of it fighting system with combos keeps fights interesting.story telling in form of memories is very good Expand
  89. Aug 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Some games should just be movies and forget the whole gameplay element. Some people have taken this to heart and turned for instance Heavy Rain into a movie by recording and editing a game walkthrough.

Remember Me to me offers perfectly forgettable gameplay inter-spaced by a decent and interesting story. It doesn't get as bad as later Final Fantasy games were you just wished you could murder the guy that keeps tacking on yet more corridors filled with boring enemies but this game is the complete opposite of the early Tomb Raider games, I couldn't tell you their story but still remember some gameplay sections vividly. Just a few hours of later I could tell you about the early game sections of Remember Me but I do remember the story very clearly.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who doesn't want a heavy dose of story with a light touch of gaming. This isn't a Deus Ex (although the story setting is very familiar if more intimate) with lots of exploring and freedom and choices. This is on rails story game where you have the task of getting from A to B, clearing a room of enemies and remixing peoples memories.

And if the last idea has you all excited. Don't. It is an interesting concept but only used a handful of times, is awfully finicky and there is only ONE right solution although you can watch and see what the wrong combo's do.

The combat is forgettabe, a clone of the batman games although thankfully without the annoying habbit of getting killed by a dozen enemies with shotguns.

Good story.
    Average combat.
    On rails platform jumping.

But the story saves a lot... although truth be told, the main story is good, the world itself is pretty sterile. Things happen in it but you never feel connected, the game is actually really devoid of detail and supporting characters.

All in all, I rate it an 8. It is not a master piece but it did amuse me, I liked the story and it just worked, no broken gameplay, no unbeatable bosses. A competent game, play it for a bargain price when you need to waste a few hours with some simple gaming a nice "make you think but not to deeply" story.
  90. Oct 10, 2014
    Absolutely enjoyed this game. It is however cut scene heavy and the game play is slightly repetitive, especially the platforming.

However an absolutely A+ story and setting, well worth the time.
  91. Jun 12, 2013
    I honestly really enjoyed this game. Lets start out with the pros. The environment looks great, i mean really really good. it's nice to see that the game's developers put a lot of time and effort into making Neo-Paris. Next, Nilin is an awesome character, and her voice actor delivers her lines very well. The game's story is also a really cool concept. The Sensen is basically a secondI honestly really enjoyed this game. Lets start out with the pros. The environment looks great, i mean really really good. it's nice to see that the game's developers put a lot of time and effort into making Neo-Paris. Next, Nilin is an awesome character, and her voice actor delivers her lines very well. The game's story is also a really cool concept. The Sensen is basically a second brain you can buy to store memories inside, so as never to forget them. Sounds great, right? Not for long. Amnesia, memory theft and remixing, and the dreaded Leapers are all byproducts of this thing, and it's up to Nilin to stop it. Sounds pretty cool right? Well, it is, and the story should keep you entertained until the end. Now, onto some of the not-so-good stuff. The game's ending is a little, well, predictable. They could've added a little more in my opinion. Secondly, i can guarantee that the combat system will confuse you. I never really understood it honestly, and i doubt you will either. There are also some really cheap deaths, and when i say cheap, i mean really cheap. How was i supposed to know that the security bot would kill me in one shot, or that i couldn't jump down there. Finally, the bugs. No, not the technological parasites that infest the city, i mean glitches in the game's programming. I had to repeat several fights because the game couldn't register that i had killed everyone in the fight. It's the little things such as this that keep the game from being something truly amazing, though it is still a really enjoyable experience, one that i would recommend to anyone who wants some thing refreshing and new to try out. Expand
  92. Jun 20, 2013
    Remember Me for me is the NIER of 2013 with the only exception being the good looking graphics. Both start off pretty slow, but somewhere around the 25/30% mark of the game it completely sucks you in.
    Pros: A very good plot and narrative Rich atmosphere Awesome soundtrack Good looking A very good second half...
    Cons: Game feels a bit like chore in the beginning A bit too much of a
    Cons: Game feels a bit like chore in the beginning A bit too much of a cinematic experience sometimes A semi-good case of inconsistency...
    It's not a near perfect game, but it's absolutely one you should check out just for the experience.
    Remember Me 8.25/10: YEAH!!!
    I really hope we see something again from DONTNOD and their universe
  93. Aug 7, 2014
    Although the combat is somewhat rudimentary and the style of play (and unskippable cut-scenes) limit replayability, the truly brilliant story-line makes this game a must-play. Honestly, the quality of the direction, writing, and score are better than in a lot of major motion pictures. If you have the means (and a 360 pad), definitely check this game out.
  94. Jul 27, 2013
    Remember me is a game which has taken me by surprise. Graphically it is STUNNING at max settings. The fighting does not flow as well as batman or sleeping dogs, however there are some nice custom combos and building up of skills as you progress through the game.

The game is very linear, which is good and bad. The tutorials are good and don't get in the way much. Story is so so but you will be too busy looking at the games scenery to mind too much.

Graphics don't make a good game, they only add to a good game to help make it great. Remember me has it's faults but is not as shallow as some reviews I have seen would make you believe.

I will definitely be recommending it to friends.
  95. Jun 9, 2013
    I think ill definitely remember, remember me because of the game's atmosphere created by its more than top of the line music, and its fighting system which felt similar to one of the most enjoyable fighting systems in a game (arkham city), without being a worst version of it(sleeping dogs) anyone who enjoys a story worth its own Hollywood movie, or a futuristic dystopic atmospheric shouldI think ill definitely remember, remember me because of the game's atmosphere created by its more than top of the line music, and its fighting system which felt similar to one of the most enjoyable fighting systems in a game (arkham city), without being a worst version of it(sleeping dogs) anyone who enjoys a story worth its own Hollywood movie, or a futuristic dystopic atmospheric should definitely get this.

GAMEPLAY: 9/10
    STORY:8/10
    SETTING:10/10
  96. Jul 3, 2013
    I'm about 1/3 of the way through and gotta say, its much better than I expected, I'm really enjoying it. Sure its linear, but thats necessary for storytelling. The gameplay is also nice and fluid, feels like tomb raider, assassins creed 3 and a platform game rolled into one. I like a good storyline, and the ability to manipulate memories in certain scenes is surprisingly fun. I like theI'm about 1/3 of the way through and gotta say, its much better than I expected, I'm really enjoying it. Sure its linear, but thats necessary for storytelling. The gameplay is also nice and fluid, feels like tomb raider, assassins creed 3 and a platform game rolled into one. I like a good storyline, and the ability to manipulate memories in certain scenes is surprisingly fun. I like the main character, feels realistic and human, I like the story, hell, I even like the linear stage to stage process (which I normally don't). Expand
  97. Jun 9, 2013
    I have no idea why no one likes this game. It has a very interesting plot with some great voice actors. The combat for the most part is quite interesting. If you start to get bored you can easily change your combo. The graphics are amazing, one of best I have seen from a pc game.
  98. Jun 12, 2013
    I liked the story that is full of drama. The game's graphics are also very beautiful. But there are some errors: namely, not quite handy camera, and apparently because of the transfer is not quite right with the console, the game many a time stuttering.
  99. Jun 9, 2013
    Definitely one of the games that made me think about future! The last one was deus ex.
    The background and the scenario are very interesting. I wish i can play more interesting games like those one more often !
    For a new studio, this game is really good and i will wait for their future titles. I liked the combo system which can be modified between each combat and make you enjoy doing

I liked the combo system which can be modified between each combat and make you enjoy doing more ultimates :D.

For graphics, i though they were also good, the cut scenes are fabulous !

Ok there are also some issues like the camera positioning is narrow streets, or the difficulty that is very varying.

To conclude EPIC Background, very good game but sometimes bad camera positioning.
  100. Jun 9, 2013
    This game is special linear, graphics are not that great and it's kinda repetitive, but it's one of those games that story and atmosphere just wipe almost all the flaws.Narration is very good and artistic direction really helps the immersion. You need to try it first .If you are able to enjoy the game, you'll know that during the first seconds. If not, then you should be looking for another game

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Remember Me is a competent action game that never really excels. The story is wasted and the platforming is poorly implemented with the rest of the game. Still the combat system is interesting and the framing around memories is at least somewhat original.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 9, 2013
    A game with great potential, great setting and great music. However, it's knocked down by its incomplete implementation of the original ideas and its frustrating battle system. [Issue#231]
  3. Jul 8, 2013
    There are a lot of ideas packed into this game but I feel like if they would have cut back on a couple of the concepts to focus more on the story then this could have been a real stand out game. As it is now Remember Me is more appealing when it gets cheaper or if you have absolutely nothing to play.