7.3

1. Sep 9, 2013
    Truly, I am astounded by these below-average mixed critic scores. There are games which play it safe and rely on conventions which still get around 75 to 80 marks. Then there are games that try to do something new but fail, and these get around 55 to 70 marks. But Remember Me is both unconventional AND good quality. For a genre as diverse as action-adventure, Remember Me makes a very niceTruly, I am astounded by these below-average mixed critic scores. There are games which play it safe and rely on conventions which still get around 75 to 80 marks. Then there are games that try to do something new but fail, and these get around 55 to 70 marks. But Remember Me is both unconventional AND good quality. For a genre as diverse as action-adventure, Remember Me makes a very nice addition. It's what you get if you combine Mirror's Edge with Assassin's Creed and DmC Devil May Cry. It's a third-person platforming combat puzzle game. However, despite what the reviewers say, the game is not disjointed at all. The platforming sections, combat, stealth puzzles and story are interwoven and give the game some variety. The combat consists of punch, kick and dodge. Whilst this may sound repetitive, the key feature is that you are rewarded for using combos, and you can choose how you want to mix and match these rewards from health regen, meter regen or more damage. Whilst it is quite slow and clunky in smaller areas due to the various enemies taking up too much space, it's certainly not as repetitive or broken as some claim it to be. Nowhere near as deep or fluent as Batman Arkham, but still hard-hitting and rhythm based. The platforming is generally very good, with few issues regarding where you can and can't go, because the game shows you where to go at all times. No major camera or controls issues either. Level design could be better given the context of the game, but at least it isn't boring. The memory remixing is a nice feature too, and kinda gives an "Inception" feel to the game. In terms of the story and characters, it's very similar to Mirror's Edge, but feels somewhat more developed and significant. Characters are well-developed and the story comes to a nice conclusion with scope for a sequel. There is a perfect balance between story and gameplay. Graphics on highest settings are very sharp for a DX9 Unreal Engine 3 game but then again, so are DmC and Mirror's Edge. Even though the game isn't too demanding on hardware, I struggled to get anywhere near 50 or 60 frames per second with an i5-3470, Radeon HD 7850 and 8GB RAM. This is no issue though, since the game still plays and looks great without any spikes in framerate. In conclusion, Remember Me doesn't rewrite the rulebook for action-adventure games; nor does it make significant advancements in any particular aspect. But it is a high quality yet different game which definitely deserves more credit than the critics are giving it. Expand
  2. Dec 31, 2013
    I like this game very much perhaps its the pastiche of Philip K. Dick and William Gibson themes, reminders of other games like Deus Ex; Remember Me feels like something out of Metal Hurlant with its story, characters and cyberpunk stylings. Nice flourishes like a memory "remixes" are the most fun parts, yet sadly are not capitalized on. Gameplay is something we've all seen before in aI like this game very much perhaps its the pastiche of Philip K. Dick and William Gibson themes, reminders of other games like Deus Ex; Remember Me feels like something out of Metal Hurlant with its story, characters and cyberpunk stylings. Nice flourishes like a memory "remixes" are the most fun parts, yet sadly are not capitalized on. Gameplay is something we've all seen before in a third person brawler; very reminiscent of Rocksteady's Arkham Asylum (Dontnod can hardly be blamed wishing to emulate that game). A linear title, but a pretty one, and quite enjoyable. Expand
  3. Jul 16, 2013
    A really underrated game! i really enjoyed this game it is great it has a little flaws but it is still a great game the game has amazing graphics and visuals the environment that you play in is so beautiful and incredibly detailed the sounds in this game are just awesome and it has a decent story as well its flaws are in the game play if i could compare the combat in this game toA really underrated game! i really enjoyed this game it is great it has a little flaws but it is still a great game the game has amazing graphics and visuals the environment that you play in is so beautiful and incredibly detailed the sounds in this game are just awesome and it has a decent story as well its flaws are in the game play if i could compare the combat in this game to another game i would compare it to batman arkham city it is not as great as batman but it is also not that bad you create you're own combos which i find really cool aspect but the camera in the game doesn't help and without targeting system it might get a bit frustrating and it would have been better if it was a bit longer but still a great game that you should give a try Expand
  4. Oct 10, 2014
    Absolutely enjoyed this game. It is however cut scene heavy and the game play is slightly repetitive, especially the platforming.

However an absolutely A+ story and setting, well worth the time.
  5. Jan 1, 2014
    I enjoyed this game. The visuals are super. The audio was a bit scary as the cutting-out and repeat in music made me think my machine was having trouble; but no, it is just the way the sound is composed. The customizable combos might be a good idea, but I ended up using the 2-length punch combo all the time. Some boss fights were annoying a bit and had to look up the solution. Remixing wasI enjoyed this game. The visuals are super. The audio was a bit scary as the cutting-out and repeat in music made me think my machine was having trouble; but no, it is just the way the sound is composed. The customizable combos might be a good idea, but I ended up using the 2-length punch combo all the time. Some boss fights were annoying a bit and had to look up the solution. Remixing was fun and I managed to "accidentally" get some extra achievements with them. The story is interesting and the corridor-like gameplay didn't disturb me at all. Some aspects reminded me of Bungie's old action game Oni (2001). I bought it on a sale but was well worth the money. Expand
  6. Jun 14, 2013
    Beautiful game, I really liked the story, its characters, especially Nilin (The main character). And of course, i loved the incredible dystopian ambience in Paris.

I wish it was open world to explore the beautiful city, but it turned out to be linear, which is not all bad because it allows you to concentrate on the story without deviating in other variants. The mechanics of combat

The mechanics of combat can be frustrating at first, but after some time and practice, it turns out to be easy and intuitive with combos really easy to execute, and the possibility of causing damage with special powers.

The game is not very long, but does very well with its 8 chapters.
    This is another of those games that hopefully will have a sequel. It was a nice surprise and it is a very solid game. A job well done in this one.
  7. Dec 16, 2014
    Remember Me very clearly borrows ideas from Assassin’s Creed, Tomb Raider and Batman’s Arkham series, but manages to do so in a fun & creative way. I’d not say it is worth the release price of $60, but I got it cheap during a Steam sale and don’t regret the purchase at all.

Combat will initially feel a little too much like the Arkham series. Stick with it, however, and it turns into something unique. As you level up, you gain access to different types of combos and different types of attacks. One type is pure damage, one shortens your special attack cooldown, and one type heals you. It is more than button spamming, as you will have to remember the exact order of strikes to press to carry out the correct type of combo. If you need to do big damage, repeatedly doing a health combo will get you nowhere. The biggest payoffs come the further along you get in a combo, as well, so you will need to be able to fight without getting constantly hit or you’ll have a bad time.

Remember Me manages to mix things up just enough, and is just the right length, so the combat doesn’t get too repetitive. There are a few stealth-like areas as well as some puzzles and collectibles to find. The climbing & parkour bits are decent, but best of all are the memory remix sections. This comes when the protagonist has to alter someone else’s memory. It’s highly enjoyable to figure out the correct combination of changes to meet your goal as well as see how changes can alter the memory in ways you didn’t intend.

The music, atmosphere and design are all done very well, too. You feel like you are in a dystopian future Paris.

As for the drawbacks, I think Remember Me could have used a little more RPG to it. Some skill trees, weapons or something. There are a few enemies that require some of your specific special attacks to defeat and that’s about the only time you will use them. The rest of the time you can skate by with regular combos, and once you get used to the system, fights get pretty easy.

Secondly, the story ultimately left me cold. It was pretty good and the concept was intriguing but I never felt invested in any of the characters. I kept waiting for some big twist or reveal and it never quite happens. There is a sort-of twist near the end but nothing I found to be such a big deal.

Third, there are quick time events. Not a lot, but they are there and usually pop up during boss fights. I loathe QTEs and want them to go away very badly. Nuff said.

Finally, I would have liked to see something more done with the memory remix sections. There are just enough of them to leave you wanting more.

Overall, though, Remember Me is a solid single player experience. It is not a must-play title, but if you’re looking for something brief and engaging at a discount price, this is it.
  8. Mar 16, 2014
    Remember me was a game which I lately heard about. When I played I said this is going to be boring and very unpleasant, but I have almost finished it and now I can decide myself. The story is awesome. I have never seen a idea like this, not even in movies, but in RM, sometimes, the purpose of the whole journey is forgotten. The character is great, well built and charming. What's missingRemember me was a game which I lately heard about. When I played I said this is going to be boring and very unpleasant, but I have almost finished it and now I can decide myself. The story is awesome. I have never seen a idea like this, not even in movies, but in RM, sometimes, the purpose of the whole journey is forgotten. The character is great, well built and charming. What's missing for her it's a agressive husband. *joking*. I can say Nilin is the perfect one to finish getting back her memory and to make me ask who was she before this nightmare? The places are cool. A futuristic level at the concept of towns and alleys is not hard to make, not today, and here, the Neo-Paris is great built. What made me say this is one minimal detail which maybe doesn't matter in games who has not a open world: every shop, restaurant has its own interior and the inhabitants are not dead, such as other games, which make the game very nice watching. The gameplay is quite good; where I am talking about the movement, attack and parkour. The movement is very very easy to swallow, of course, for a woman, which is not a bitter pill. The attack is a bit confusing. I don't say about the combat and moves itself, but the combos are very often useless, as you don't know what to do to make one. On PC, QTE ( Quick Time Event(s)) are very decepting, as you have to execute some moves after some images that you do not know what means, and also, as a quick time event, you have to make them in a short time, not in a certain time. On consoles, at this class, the game is better polished. The parkour is neither good or bad, acceptable, as not to lower the grade for the game. You can just grap some edges of of a building, walk along the walls, climb up some stick and run quickly on platform, which does not constitutes a parkour game which also is not.
    All in all, the game is very attractive and nicely playing and I cannot understand why some gave it low grades and under-appreciated it. I give it a 9.
  9. Jul 14, 2013
    When you not feeling ADHD, and u can concentrate -and let something take you and float you, move you. This game is A MA ZING experience. You get to that other world! -rather than rage in Dota LoL or CS -As a guy who plays dota cs over 8 hours a day and studies about other 8 hours, game programming, im telling you- its a game that frees you for a moment and takes you away!
  10. Oct 20, 2014
    This game could of easily of been a 10/10 if it wasn't for some of it's issues. First the good. The story is a great cyberpunk tale and the environment of Neo Paris is beautiful. The music is one that you will want to continue listening well after the game ends. The combat system is fun and allows you to design your own combos. And the puzzles in this game are actually puzzles unlikeThis game could of easily of been a 10/10 if it wasn't for some of it's issues. First the good. The story is a great cyberpunk tale and the environment of Neo Paris is beautiful. The music is one that you will want to continue listening well after the game ends. The combat system is fun and allows you to design your own combos. And the puzzles in this game are actually puzzles unlike other games that ditched the concept of having puzzles in them. *cough cough* Resident Evil *cough*

Now the bad, Quick time events are a **** in this game. Sometimes they don't show up correctly and will make you lose a boss fight. The camera extremely annoying in the combat and the auto aim feels clunky.

Like I said if it wasn't for the bad, all the good would of made this game a 10/10. Still if you are a fan of cyberpunk, this game is a must buy. If you don't care too much about cyberpunk, the game might not be able to hold you.
  11. Oct 19, 2013
    Awesome and smart "Johnny Mnemonic"-like story with sweet graphics, tasty platformer parts and smashing combats what do you need more to remember and love the game? I really satisfied with it. THX Dontnod.
  12. Jul 16, 2013
    WOW. Most amazing game. So deep and emotional. Big Kudos to the developers. This game is a real piece of art and will be remembered forever.

The mechanics could need some work, that is true. But if the outcome is this impressive I don't care for a little clumsiness.

It's such a shame that the usual reviewer seems to be to stupid to 'get' this game. This is an instant classic.
  13. Jun 8, 2013
    I made a mistake pre judging this game in its first two hours. lesson learned. after episode 3, this game is a masterpiece of its own. the music, the atmosphere, the art, its amazing, underrated and not appreciated. the last of us deserves a 10? please, leave that crap out of gaming and give us some more of remember me. must be because its a black female character cause otherwise iI made a mistake pre judging this game in its first two hours. lesson learned. after episode 3, this game is a masterpiece of its own. the music, the atmosphere, the art, its amazing, underrated and not appreciated. the last of us deserves a 10? please, leave that crap out of gaming and give us some more of remember me. must be because its a black female character cause otherwise i dont see why the 6 and belows for this game. Expand
  14. Dec 26, 2013
    *Update* Was upset because I can't play more than 15 min without game turning into a Lag Fest! Game was running more than 45 fps before suddenly dropping down to under 10 fps. Only way was to quit game & restart. Then someone advised me to turn of Supersampling & forced AA through Nvidia's control panel. It worked! I'm now gaming at near max. settings with beautiful graphics running*Update* Was upset because I can't play more than 15 min without game turning into a Lag Fest! Game was running more than 45 fps before suddenly dropping down to under 10 fps. Only way was to quit game & restart. Then someone advised me to turn of Supersampling & forced AA through Nvidia's control panel. It worked! I'm now gaming at near max. settings with beautiful graphics running almost 60 fps. No problem at all! Thus, other than it being a poorly optimized PC port of the console game, the game itself is really pretty. However, there's lots of unrealized potential unable to interact with the gorgeous environment because it is a corridor shooter with a story and a path mapped out in a linear manner i.e. practically no turn left-or-right options. Simply too linear. However, story is not bad, and the memory remixes is refreshing. Combat is ok. Its an overall innovative piece of work. However, you must be able to accept it being a linear action-adventure game. Expand
  15. Jun 13, 2013
    Remember Me it is not a game. It is an experience, an epic experience. Totally worth to take part in it. Great climate, charismatic main character, brilliant music and good gameplay. I wouldn't compare it to any other production. It is a small piece of art.
  16. Jul 9, 2013
    imagine a mix of mirrors edge, tomb raider, street fighter, with the graphics of unreal tournament 3. thats basically what it is.

but not in a bad way. i had a lot of fun playing this, seriously. the game includes so many new ideas, a good story and an incredible use of the unreal engine. leveldesing, especially the later stages, the reflections, the light effect and details

but not in a bad way.
    i had a lot of fun playing this, seriously.

leveldesing, especially the later stages, the reflections, the light effect and details simply amazing.

the music and sounds are matching, the controls are simple.
    i point that out because some noobs in the forums complain about "hard controls and weird camera angle". i call this the camera is just moving like at tomb raider, or else.

the only thing i didnt like were the enemies, there could have been more different ones, and i would like to have a litte more open world feeling.
    the game also bugs sometimes when you alt+tab while its running.

all together its a great game and shouldnt be missing in your collection.
  17. Aug 7, 2014
    Although the combat is somewhat rudimentary and the style of play (and unskippable cut-scenes) limit replayability, the truly brilliant story-line makes this game a must-play. Honestly, the quality of the direction, writing, and score are better than in a lot of major motion pictures. If you have the means (and a 360 pad), definitely check this game out.
  18. Nov 16, 2014
    I picked this game up in a Steam sales because it looked interesting without any expectations and it blew me away! This game was simply the best cyberpunk experience I ever played. Beautiful artful graphics (Neo Paris looks breathtaking), great electro music especially towards the end of the game and an truly awesome story (especially appealing to someone who has own kids). I completed theI picked this game up in a Steam sales because it looked interesting without any expectations and it blew me away! This game was simply the best cyberpunk experience I ever played. Beautiful artful graphics (Neo Paris looks breathtaking), great electro music especially towards the end of the game and an truly awesome story (especially appealing to someone who has own kids). I completed the story in 15 hours and to me this game didn't feel more repetitive than Assassins Creed or the Batman Arkham games. Expand
  19. Jun 11, 2013
    Greatly under-rated game. I think too many people have a stick up their ass since the release of Bioshock infinite and other brilliant games. This game isn't perfect, but it does have a great story, visuals and setting. The combat isn't great, however I did find it challenging in parts and enjoyable enough for me to play at least 6 hours straight (I think I spent 9-10 hours completing it).Greatly under-rated game. I think too many people have a stick up their ass since the release of Bioshock infinite and other brilliant games. This game isn't perfect, but it does have a great story, visuals and setting. The combat isn't great, however I did find it challenging in parts and enjoyable enough for me to play at least 6 hours straight (I think I spent 9-10 hours completing it).

I recommend playing this game, however don't play it if you're expecting the next Bioshock Infinite.
  20. Aug 29, 2014
    Well, like some other guy here, I don't believe this game deserves a 10 (would give it 710 or even 8), but I think that this game is highly underrated! So I gave it a 10 in order to balance things a little. (The metascore and critics reviews give the wrong impression, in my opinion.
    First of all - I must say this loud and clear, this game deserves to be played! You really should play it!

When I first played it, I was shocked by the not-too-good reception of the game and later on I figured out what was wrong about it.
    You can summarize what's wrong like this - this game could be, and promised to be, something big, different, innovative, even revolutionary- in terms of gameplay. It seems as if it even intended to do so, but didn't fully succeed.

What makes this game look so interesting is the fact that you're being a memory hunter. Messing with people's memories is not a concept often explored in common video games. The one extraordinary feature which raise this game above many others is the memory remixing - you'll have to remix people's memories in order to change their views, thoughts and actions. Sounds amazing, isn't it? And indeed, the few times you'll be doing this in the game are rather cool and exciting, even though it felt like the mechanics of the remixes was a bit too simple, it still felt really good. But as I said, you'll only be doing this a couple of times. Four actually, throughout the entire game, which isn't totally satisfying and makes you want more of it.
    What else will you do that's related to memories? Well, you're gonna steal some, replay some, and kill some, but it's all done with a few buttons' clicks and not in a very interesting way. And what else will you do? Well, you'll kick your enemies' butts. And climb. You'll also jump a bit, but you're gonna climb a lot.

And in Remember Me... it just isn't enough.
    The game is not very long, yet it might feel like you're playing forever, as the game gets more and more tedious in time when you feel like you fight horde after horde of enemies with cutscenes in between. The fighting isn't that interesting, and is generally easy, except for some parts in the game where it's not. But that's only because of the controls, which at first seemed fine to me, but somehow from the middle of the game and on I just felt like it all became too clunky and Nilin's movements didn't always have much to do with the buttons I pressed on the keyboard.

The platforming is not that interesting as well. It only gets long and repetitive in time. The only thing that makes it good is the gorgeous graphics and surroundings which I'll speak of later, and the somewhat-artistic camera angles which change and flow smoothly. But still, as I said, it gets long and repetitive, especially when you don't have much freedom of choice about where to go, and not even the illusion of it. There's almost always only one single path to follow, you can never wander too much, and many times when you do the game would quickly suggest you the 'correct' path or action that has to be done. That makes the game even easier, and makes you feel like you just follow a trail of cutsceneshordes of enemies at times.

So, yeah, gameplay-wise, the game is not necessarily brilliant. But now let's talk about the good stuff, which far outweigh the disappointing gameplay.

Remember Me is very much story-driven. It's purely a science fiction kind of story and yet it revolves around humanity and its mind, their memories and their urge to change or guard them. It isn't the deepest tale to be told but it has its insightful moments, and its a very personal and at times heart-touching.
    The cutscenes and dialogues which transfer the story are very well done, never too long and never too short, usually very interesting, and with very good and professional voice acting (Note: the game is fully dubbed in English, French, Italian, German, which is very cool!).
    The graphics looked absolutely amazing, and without requiring a super-high-tech-machine (Bought my computer in 2010, even back then it didn't have the best specs possible. The game worked very nicely on my machine on High graphic settings). The world of Neo-Paris seemed very wide and detailed, colorful and alive, with my only complaint about it is that the game won't let you explore the environment much - as I said earlier, it's very linear and many obstacles would make you walk in a specific one way instead of exploring the world around you which seems so interesting and eye-catching.
    The soundtrack of the game is beautiful, combining symphonic and electronic tracks together (trust me, it's good!) which integrate brilliantly with the game and battle sequences.
    The collectibles are nice, not too hard to find usually, but gives you some interesting information to read about the peoplesurroundings around you.

In short(VERY short)- Amazing storytelling which absolutely overshadows disappointing gameplay (the memory remixes totally worth it, though)
  21. Jun 20, 2013
    Remember Me for me is the NIER of 2013 with the only exception being the good looking graphics. Both start off pretty slow, but somewhere around the 25/30% mark of the game it completely sucks you in.
    Pros: A very good plot and narrative Rich atmosphere Awesome soundtrack Good looking A very good second half...
    Cons: Game feels a bit like chore in the beginning A bit too much of a
    Cons: Game feels a bit like chore in the beginning A bit too much of a cinematic experience sometimes A semi-good case of inconsistency...
    It's not a near perfect game, but it's absolutely one you should check out just for the experience.
    Remember Me 8.25/10: YEAH!!!
    I really hope we see something again from DONTNOD and their universe
  22. Feb 4, 2014
    +The game has a very good atmosphere,cool soundtracks and gameplay may not be great but it is not bad also.
    +Story is something very new.
    +Game has about 3 Boss fights and they are all awesome especially madame boss fight. + Memory remix and remembrane are the most special thing about this game and they are really interesting. +Awesome looking levels that will make you stop for a while
    +Story is something very new.
    +Awesome looking levels that will make you stop for a while and stare at the environment.
    the bad:
    -it's only 8 chapters so it's quite short.
    -you are caged in levels although some of them look wide as you can see buildings and water around you.
    -only about 2 or 3 puzzles.
    -all the enemies and important characters that you chase have the same face like captain Trace.
  23. Jun 5, 2013
    Clever, thought provoking and full of heart, what Remember Me lacks in innovation, graphical fidelity, and openness it more than makes up for with a stunning setting, incredible visual and audiatory design, and mountains of character. For me, it's a lot like Metro: Last Light. It's not doing anything new, but what it tries to do it does well and that's more than enough to forgive its flaws.
  24. Jul 24, 2013
    This game deserves a MUCH higher rating than it has. It's not a 66. I'm thoroughly enjoying this game. The combat system fights like batman, but you also get to select how each strike in a combo effects your situation. Some strikes can heal you, some can reduce cooldown timers, some add more damage. Ignore the metacritic rating. Watch the gameplay videos. If you think you might like itThis game deserves a MUCH higher rating than it has. It's not a 66. I'm thoroughly enjoying this game. The combat system fights like batman, but you also get to select how each strike in a combo effects your situation. Some strikes can heal you, some can reduce cooldown timers, some add more damage. Ignore the metacritic rating. Watch the gameplay videos. If you think you might like it from that, then play. Expand
  25. Jun 7, 2013
    I love the game. It's nice to see something with an intelligent story and innovative gameplay. It also qualifies as speculative science fiction, which can be prophetic.
  26. Jun 23, 2013
    The only reason I'm giving this game a 10/10 is beacuase I feel the current scoring does not accurately reflect the state of the game at present time. Remember Me is one of the most refreshing gaming experiences I have had in a while.

That said, many people like to complain about the combat, for me the combat was just fine. It was fluid & provided a good customization system for your combos, I only wish it wasn't only limited to four. And since when did linearity become such a bad thing, it is absurd how we declare games as bad if they don't offer Skyrim levels of exploration. I don't want Skryim in my Remember Me. Skyrim was a terrible game that doesn't deserve any of the praise that is currently has. Everything about it was bland & uninspiring. My taxes are too damn high!
  27. Jun 4, 2013
    First, I would like to start off by saying that I loved this game. Despite numerous problems with it. Yes, the story is bad, the stiflingly linear level design, and some weird combat mechanics. Really though the game does stand out from all the other mediocre games I've played. The memory remixing sequences are a blast to do, even if they are few and far between. The combat is fun to playFirst, I would like to start off by saying that I loved this game. Despite numerous problems with it. Yes, the story is bad, the stiflingly linear level design, and some weird combat mechanics. Really though the game does stand out from all the other mediocre games I've played. The memory remixing sequences are a blast to do, even if they are few and far between. The combat is fun to play around with 95% of the time. Sometimes however the camera will move to bad positions due to the small environments. Exploration is a little disappointing, but the controls work well for platforming and jumping, sort of like Prince of Persia or Tomb Raider. The game has it's problems no doubt, but I was so amazed at what they did right I couldn't have cared less. Expand
  28. Nov 3, 2014
    It's sad to see these uniquely styled games buried by the likes of the mainstream AAA gaming industry and whatever the charts say for the executives that make all of these decisions.
    It's an action game with a brilliant art style and unique take on the beat em up genre. The story is captivating and the world around is a brilliant mix of near future renaissance and totalitarian utopia.
    Though the game is not without its flaws, the combat can be a bit frustrating at times and the linearity of the game feel a bit out of place, since it feels as though this game should have been open world. If ever there is a sequel though unlikely it seems, I hope they implement an open world as I would love to explore everything this setting has to offer!
    I really hope to see more games like this one that don't follow the trends of today's industry... sadly publishers just want to go where the money is, not where the art is.
  29. Jun 15, 2013
    Combat is tight, though the main difficulty comes from managing the order in which you dispatch enemies and maneuvering rather than whether you pull off the combos. The camera is a little loose, you will spend a lot of the combat actively refocusing the camera on the action, the comparison being with the Arkham games and Sleeping Dogs with their much cleverer camera AI. Very immersiveCombat is tight, though the main difficulty comes from managing the order in which you dispatch enemies and maneuvering rather than whether you pull off the combos. The camera is a little loose, you will spend a lot of the combat actively refocusing the camera on the action, the comparison being with the Arkham games and Sleeping Dogs with their much cleverer camera AI. Very immersive story discussing very interesting themes about memories (obviously), power, oligarchy, privatized security and prisons and class warfare in general. Some of these themes are addressed superficially, some are discussed is more depth through gameplay.

The only cliché I have recognized is Nilin’s (protagonist) amnesia, though I’m fine with giving Remember Me a pass for this one as it is used to weave a very interesting story. Quick-Time Events and bosses without life bars need to be culled. I’ve noticed people pointing out the linearity of Remember Me, I’ve also noticed that this wasn’t a complaint of God of War… I don’t think that this is a legitimate gripe since the developers clearly didn’t design any sort of open world and still managed to show the player the future they’ve created. Not every game is sandbox, get over it. 8/10 for consistently satisfying and challenging combat and an interesting story with a believable heroine.
  30. Jun 9, 2013
    Excellent industrial design, great music and an unusual, interesting history.

-Limited exploration
    -Linear
    -Lack of branching story line
    -Capcom's inevitable marketing practices e.g DLC
    -Very slow start
  31. Apr 20, 2014
    Let me start off by saying the first 2 hours were horrible. But after that what seems like a crappy Assassin's Creed clone blooms into a beautiful dynamic game. It has a very original 1984 esque story with some of the best character development to date. You can tell the creators really bled themselves dry to create something that will be remembered for decades to come.
  32. Oct 27, 2013
    it seems i only give my vote to highly underrated games (see my other reviews), but i just can´t help to see the injustice brought by the official critics to what i would call a gem of a game. if you are into cyberpunk, like dark and complex storylines and can live with a few (really only a few) flaws, then let me recommend this game: awesome graphics, nice gameplay, intriguing storyline,it seems i only give my vote to highly underrated games (see my other reviews), but i just can´t help to see the injustice brought by the official critics to what i would call a gem of a game. if you are into cyberpunk, like dark and complex storylines and can live with a few (really only a few) flaws, then let me recommend this game: awesome graphics, nice gameplay, intriguing storyline, great art direction as well as the music. overall well done. especially for the first title of a studio. well done, dontnod! Expand
  33. May 17, 2015
    The love child between Bioshock, Inception, and Mirror's Edge. I would highly recommend it for anyone with a bit of money and a half a day to burn.

Pros: Pretty graphics, solid voice acting, smooth controls, fun combat/progression, neat ideas and setting, and a memorable story. Given the premise, I went in afraid that the game was going to constantly go "Hah, everything you know is a lie" and call it plot. The developers resisted the urge, and stuck to an engaging core narrative that remained delightfully easy to follow.

Cons: I did have to hit the internet to figure out one core game mechanic (the difference between punching and kicking in a combo). Also the story is 100% linear, so the player needs to go in with the understanding that they are button-mashing (or elegantly combo-ing) their way through a movie, and not playing a Mass Effect or similar title. The jumping puzzle/problem solving requires more patience than thought, but the character looks so cool jumping all about that it's not a big problem.
  34. Jun 10, 2013
    Review #2:
    Review #2:
    The game world is very diverse. In every chapter new things are implemented. The game keeps being refreshing chapter after chapter. Quiet well planned. The enemies are not just basic, with their own skills and stats, but some enemies have co-exists and boost each others powers. This can be seen by a leaper with a red shielding, making invulnerable Or a soldier with 2 leaper slaves which attack first, these leapers have some kind of connection with it's host. This can be seen with the communication line between master and leaper slaves.

During the battle you try to execute the highest combo, thus earning yourself much more 'exp' points to boost your skills. This game is no longer a buton mashing game, can be, but to really enjoy the game you have to try to use combo's.

Just one impressive game.
  35. Jul 5, 2013
    It is a very, very beautiful and sexy game, with a lot of artistic sense in it. Everybody who has been in free-climbing (as a sport or adventure) can see big influence from that thanks.
    On the other side it could benefit from the better fighting with more strategic ideas in it not just a hysteric left-right mouse buttons pressing added by the space bar and WASD keys... You know, to have a feeling you were smart at the end of the fighting scene, not just that you have quick fingers. After 11 hours of play still do not understand combos what to use and how.
    In any way, didn't regret buying it. Would recommend to everybody with inclination to SF. Graphics is one of the best ever.
  36. Jun 6, 2013
    This is a great game. It's not going to win GOTY, but that's fine. If you're not turned off by the idea of a game on rails then Remember Me is a gorgeous, nuanced action/sci-fi video game that will be remembered fondly for its narrative and stunning visuals long after people have gotten over its minor gameplay shortcomings.
  37. Jun 4, 2013
    Remember Me is an awesome game. It’s sometimes frustrating with it's difficulty, but it also transports you to an amazing world with striking designs, a deep culture, and interesting characters. The game might rely a little too heavily on “been there, done that” elements of play, but when it breaks from the norm and it does so often it hands players power and a sense of freedom inRemember Me is an awesome game. It’s sometimes frustrating with it's difficulty, but it also transports you to an amazing world with striking designs, a deep culture, and interesting characters. The game might rely a little too heavily on “been there, done that” elements of play, but when it breaks from the norm and it does so often it hands players power and a sense of freedom in experimentation. Expand
  38. Jul 10, 2013
    This is very underrated game. I enjoyed this thoroughly despite it's obvious faults. It's fighting style is fluid, it will remind you a bit of batman with other unique abilities and gameplay elements that make it unique. The pacing of the game is solid, I never found myself bored or doing too much of one thing. This is something I dislike about "open world" games. This game is linear andThis is very underrated game. I enjoyed this thoroughly despite it's obvious faults. It's fighting style is fluid, it will remind you a bit of batman with other unique abilities and gameplay elements that make it unique. The pacing of the game is solid, I never found myself bored or doing too much of one thing. This is something I dislike about "open world" games. This game is linear and to the point. The graphics are fantastic on PC but I played it with a controller because I output it to my TV and it felt very comfortable with a controller on the big screen. The sound design and music is top notch, they really went over the top with the glitch style and it works perfectly in this setting where others try and do it and it doesn't fit nearly as well. The story is interesting and unique, you can kind of predict the flow but there's still not a whole lot of games out there that tell a similar story (I can think of a few but I'd rather not spoil it with comparisons).

On the bad side, I experienced a game breaking bug that required me to start from my checkpoint 3 times. A specific combination wasn't triggering the combat to end so it was odd and broke the immersion. There are a few other strange bugs where you weren't able to climb or maneuver correctly. The combat system is enjoyable BUT as many others have mentioned It's a bit disappointing that you can't chain attacks from enemy to enemy. So for example, if you want to do a 5x combo, you have to finish it on a single enemy. If you go up to 3 and then decide to dodge and hit another guy, it starts over. Doesn't feel like you build momentum as well as you should, however the abilities make up for it. The remixing is great, but I almost wish there was more of it. In fact, I wish the game was a few hours longer. It's linear, but almost too linear where you can probably run through the game pretty fast. The good thing is the art is great and every location is different but very cohesive.

As a side note, I got this game for $26 on Green man Gaming and I think it would be well worth $40-50 new. But if it goes on sale and you want to give it a try, I think you'll either really love it or you'll hate it.
  39. Jul 11, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game. It has great graphics and stunning environments, great music, and I loved the sci-fi plot. Definitely nice to have an interesting new plot. The game play is alright. The memory remix is a welcome mechanic, and really fits in well with the game. It's linear, but it fits with Remember Me's story. The combat isn't overly challenging (I played on normal) but some ofI really enjoyed this game. It has great graphics and stunning environments, great music, and I loved the sci-fi plot. Definitely nice to have an interesting new plot. The game play is alright. The memory remix is a welcome mechanic, and really fits in well with the game. It's linear, but it fits with Remember Me's story. The combat isn't overly challenging (I played on normal) but some of the fights are interesting. The story and visual/environmental design absolutely are the strong points of Remember Me. If you like sci-fi at all, you won't want to miss this it's a lot of fun. I look forward to whatever Dontnod makes next. Expand
  40. Jun 8, 2013
    This game is a gem that is likely to remain under-rated due to the simple fact it is not a game style or a setting that will be appreciated by everyone.

Most critic reviews have complained about the game being 'linear' and having a 'constricted; level design; both, while true, are in no way a deciding factor in whether a game is good or not; heck Bioshock Infinite was linear and yet is probably one of the best games of this decade.

Remember me has a memorable setting and lead; an excellent soundtrack, an intuitive combat system and most importantly is not another 'me too' FPS/TPS with guns and bulky dudes. It also is NOT an easy game, we seem to get more and more of those these days as all games try to tend to a larger audience.

The visuals in particular are breathtaking, particularly on the PC with Supersampling ON.

If you are a fan of sci-fi cyberpunk you should not miss this one; it is well worth your $60
  41. Jun 5, 2013
    The game isn't that bad, the game is worth an an 7 or 8 /10, but i gave it a 10 to help counter the outrageous bad user ratings given before the game was even released, do people even know what a game rated 4 should play like?
  42. Mar 26, 2014
    This game is highly underrated. The story kept me interested, the combat was really fun, boss battles wer entertaining. Voice acting was pretty good (Edge was kind of crappy), but really I don't think this game deserves the crap I've read about it. People are too critical.
  43. Apr 11, 2015
    Applaud DONTNOD for the scope of their ambition. Whilst they fall short of a great game, there is still a good game here. In particular the setting, characters and atmosphere are great.
    In particular the music and the lighting were very well done.
    The downfall is the clunky combat system, which can sometimes feel like a chore as you try to progress through the story. Game rates a 7 out
    In particular the music and the lighting were very well done.
    Game rates a 7 out of ten & +1 for ambition.
    Overall I look forward to a slicker, more fleshed out offering from DONTNOD in the future - I certainly think they are on the right path going forward.
  44. Jun 17, 2013
    Awesome game. Enjoyed the adventure from the begining to the end. The atmosphere is awesome, music is fantastic. Art is outstanding. Models are wonderful. I mean.. if you dont like or you dont understand Art will not like the game
  45. Jul 27, 2013
    Remember me is a game which has taken me by surprise. Graphically it is STUNNING at max settings. The fighting does not flow as well as batman or sleeping dogs, however there are some nice custom combos and building up of skills as you progress through the game.

The game is very linear, which is good and bad. The tutorials are good and don't get in the way much. Story is so so but you will be too busy looking at the games scenery to mind too much.

Graphics don't make a good game, they only add to a good game to help make it great. Remember me has it's faults but is not as shallow as some reviews I have seen would make you believe.

I will definitely be recommending it to friends.
  46. Jun 4, 2013
    Polaris1020 8 Remember Me is destined to be overlooked, which is sad. One thing is for sure: It is a true underrated gem.

I'm about mid-way in the game, and it is a fantastic and hypnotic game, captivating me with it's beautiful and heavily detailed world. The setting is the first thing you'll notice; vivid, unconventional colors blot this world, and it is a feast for the eyes.

Combat works and plays out like Batman, but not quite as fluid. The ability to change up your combos makes for a refreshing experience each time. Enemies are can be quite tough in numbers--especially when they differ in types, forcing you to use different tactics for various enemies. Button mashing won't get you very far.

The platforming and exploration are the weakest links, as they are far too scripted. You never get a sense that you're in immediate danger from scaling walls. And exploration is so linear, so confined, which is a shame considering Neo-Paris is a major sight to behold.

Memory Remixes are the star of Remember Me, setting it apart from other action/adventure games. Basically, you can hack into peoples memories and alter things, changing the outcome of their behavior. It's fun to mess around and experiment. Not to mention, the memory remixes give great insight into Nilin's character; you really get a sense that she is conflicted with the ethics of what she is doing, which, in my opinion, makes her a very human character to which we can relate.

The story... I won't elaborate about it. You really need to experience it for yourself because it will blow you away. Some of the writing is awful, though. But most of it works.

Overall, fantastic game. The story and lore are the strongest aspects. The game play is, for the most part, solid. Remember Me gets an 8/10 for me.
  47. Jun 5, 2013
    I'm also putting in a 10 because you can really tell this game is gorgeous and the story/concept are very non-generic. I'm also thinking that because it's a little different than Mirror's Edge, people aren't liking the isometric changes.
  48. Jan 8, 2014
    A hugely underrated game, this one is a good indication of why a game's worth should not be reduced to a single [metacritic] number.

This game tells a story. A story about a distopia where memories are commodity for desperate junkies, and the rich. It's full of references and quotations from famous literary writers and philosophers (from Balzac to Simone de Beauvoir). This narrative is also very well executed, and enriched with awesome graphics and an extremely fun combat system.

So why the low general score? The only negative issues I've seen target the game's linearity and hance the lack of replayability caused by it. I guess people judge games by their value of being potentially the only game to play for the rest of their lives, nowadays. Bugs are close to nonexistent or too minor to take any notice.

If you're into the concept of memories and a good distopic narrative that tells about it in an artistic manner sounds intriguing, this game is for you.
  49. Jan 26, 2014
    How could a game so wonderful get such terrible reviews? How could a game that I'd consider one of the best ever made get seen so poorly? Every aspect of this game, every single facet, is amazing -- the world, the characters, the flow of the combat. I will never understand, and will lament for quite a while, that this game may never get its proper recognition -- but I can say here and now,How could a game so wonderful get such terrible reviews? How could a game that I'd consider one of the best ever made get seen so poorly? Every aspect of this game, every single facet, is amazing -- the world, the characters, the flow of the combat. I will never understand, and will lament for quite a while, that this game may never get its proper recognition -- but I can say here and now, do yourself a favor: play Remember Me. Expand
  50. Jun 6, 2013
    As the credits roll on this 11 hour journey, I’m pleasantly surprised to see such a great title come out of a brand new studio. The team at DONTNOD Entertainment have brought something unique to the table, giving us not only beautiful graphics and incredible sound, but also a new combat approach wrapped around a very engaging storyline
  51. Jun 9, 2013
    I think ill definitely remember, remember me because of the game's atmosphere created by its more than top of the line music, and its fighting system which felt similar to one of the most enjoyable fighting systems in a game (arkham city), without being a worst version of it(sleeping dogs) anyone who enjoys a story worth its own Hollywood movie, or a futuristic dystopic atmospheric shouldI think ill definitely remember, remember me because of the game's atmosphere created by its more than top of the line music, and its fighting system which felt similar to one of the most enjoyable fighting systems in a game (arkham city), without being a worst version of it(sleeping dogs) anyone who enjoys a story worth its own Hollywood movie, or a futuristic dystopic atmospheric should definitely get this.

GAMEPLAY: 9/10
    STORY:8/10
    SETTING:10/10
  52. Jun 9, 2013
    I have no idea why no one likes this game. It has a very interesting plot with some great voice actors. The combat for the most part is quite interesting. If you start to get bored you can easily change your combo. The graphics are amazing, one of best I have seen from a pc game.
  53. Jun 10, 2013
    having actually beaten the game and enjoyed it, it's definitely much more linear than Uncharted. it's corridor after corridor after corridor. Uncharted doesn't do that and i've completed 2 & 3.
    It's level design is extremely similar to Enslaved. but Enslaved is far worse. the Linearity also hurts with the game's lack of collectibles.
    unquestionably though this is the second most linear
    unquestionably though this is the second most linear game i've ever played. beautiful graphics, good story, and solid gameplay
  54. Feb 12, 2015
    It's been minutes since I finished this game and this game left me with so many impressions that, for the first time, I felt obligated to write a video game review.

Story/Dialogue/Characters... What seems at the beginning as a classical revenge motivated story line, evolves into a tale of guilt and the importance of confronting your pain, the price we pay to achieve our goals, of our identity and how a single event can drastically alter who you are. Nillin is an outstanding protagonist, her monologue is brilliant from the start, when she trashes inside the coffin her panic and anxiety is palpable, her reunion with her family gave me one of the most emotional experiences I've had in any game... If you love video games that stay with you long after you play it, then you simply cannot miss out this one. I would put it even on the same level with Last of Us, which is longer and overall better written, but was less original and more predictable. Only thing that was bit detracting from experience was some voice acting on english version( Nillin VA is exceptional though) and few characters like Kid X'mas and Madame that felt more like Austin Powers villains, compared to overall tone of this game.
    Graphics/Environment Design/Art Style... simply put this is the best realized cyberpunk and most immersive setting of our close future in any game. Graphics are excellent(although I would have liked an option to remove film grain) but the environmental design is where this game really shines. Robotics and smart technology is everywhere, design of life spaces is completely spot on, transparent floors,etc... You can clearly see, how designers didn't simply rush into this and really investigated what our life in 50 or so years would be like. If you love games with great atmosphere, that pull you to another space and time, then you're in the right place here.
    Gameplay...Overall it feels like simplified version of Assassin's Creed platforming and Arkham series combat with a few ideas of it's own. The movement between environment felt a bit restrictive with a clear follow the marker line, that the game could do without. Combat is less complex with no block or parry feature, but animations are top notch with well executed kill moves and the ability to create your own combos with different effects, which is a nice addition to the genre. You also develop several unique abilities like stealth, AOE stun, control drone etc... to complement pure fighting game. Overall, on the highest difficulty, it was simple but challenging, quite addictive fun without ever becoming frustrating... the only thing I would have liked to see is more agressive AI from common enemies, while allowing Nillin to continue her combos from one to the next.
    Performance and Stability...It runs very smoothly, no FPS drops, crashes,zero bugs... I've encountered only one glitch during platforming that reload fixed and that's just about it. No complaints.
    Final Impression... I expected poorly optimized game and riddled with bugs , or an ending similar Mass Effect style that leaves a sour impression on the overall game, anything to explain how something of this quality was almost unnoticed, but I stil don't get it. RM could definitely use more complexity when it comes to combat or platforming, or allowed us some storyline Deus Ex choices, as well as expanded environments with more alternate paths... but what this game also offers is fantastic atmosphere and amazing environmental design where it's second to none, provocative tale and one of the most unique and engaging protagonists in any game, while adding it's own innovations like combat style customization and memory altering mechanic.
    Trust me on this, this is a game whose only real failure is that it values quality over quantity and substance over form as well as offers unique ideas of it's own to an industry where creative design is of little interest...like Masquerade Bloodlines and similar games, this game has a unique quality that will take years to be recognized.
  55. Jun 4, 2013
    I don't know, why rating this game negative. It's well programmed, nice graphics, a good story i'll follow and at summary, it's a pretty nice game. 1st started the game and thought: Mirrors Edge? Damn, there are some similarities! Sure, no real prarkour, but nice. I really don't miss the weapons the game is based on combos. Well executed, it will make enough damage & to be honest: WeaponsI don't know, why rating this game negative. It's well programmed, nice graphics, a good story i'll follow and at summary, it's a pretty nice game. 1st started the game and thought: Mirrors Edge? Damn, there are some similarities! Sure, no real prarkour, but nice. I really don't miss the weapons the game is based on combos. Well executed, it will make enough damage & to be honest: Weapons you'll find in each 0815 game. Just give it a try it's no mainstream game. Expand
  56. Jun 30, 2013
    Wow! This was a fantastic, emotional journey for me and I loved (almost) every minute of it. There are QTEs and those are the moments I didn't like, but at least you don't die if you fail, just have to try again. The combat is not the focus of this game, although enemies do require a variety of tactics to deal with and I basically had 3 combos I relied on (when I had that many unlocked)Wow! This was a fantastic, emotional journey for me and I loved (almost) every minute of it. There are QTEs and those are the moments I didn't like, but at least you don't die if you fail, just have to try again. The combat is not the focus of this game, although enemies do require a variety of tactics to deal with and I basically had 3 combos I relied on (when I had that many unlocked) reduce cooldown of powers, heal, and do damage. I like that the game introduces new powers and abilities gradually, allowing you time to master them all, and gives hints if you're missing the way to deal with a specific enemy.

All of that is nothing of consequence, though, when you consider the gorgeously realised world and the story that you follow through it. This is the focus of the game and what makes this stand above all others this year so far. I don't care about the best way to click to kill things, what I care about is story crafting and being involved in what is happening at a deeper level. This game delivers in spades and I so hope that another game gets made. What a great vision and slickly executed. Please, if you are unsure of whether to bother with this then DO. Otherwise you will be missing out on a work of art.

It is a shame that this game wasn't better received, even though a lot of the criticism seems to be along the lines of "if only it had done it EVEN better then it would have been fantastic". I loved it. You probably will too, so take a chance!
  57. Sep 22, 2013
    A visit to Neo-Paris 2084 itself is worth playing this game. It has good action and puzzles, great storytelling, and an absolutely amazing setting. The environment and the methods that require use of the remixer glove to navigate make me think that this is what Hydrophobia Prophecy, a different game from a defunct indie developer, should have been.

'Remember Me' takes place in a

'Remember Me' takes place in a beautiful futuristic city, with a little cyberpunk slum thrown into the mix. You play as Nilin, a wicked-awesome memory hunter that starts off with her memory being wiped, and goes on an adventure to get her memories back and take down a corrupt system. To help along theway, she has a glove that does everything from opening doors and moving objects (similar to Kate's keytool in Hydrophobia), to taking down enemies like a cannon, and ultimately steal/remix memories.

The climbing and navigating challenges were fun, and there's also a very unique puzzle system, which exists in this game here; remixing memories at major points in the game were pieces of art themselves! However, these were used rarely (only on key characters), but I suppose the writers wanted to emphasize that this was a power not to be abused by the heroine. Still, I wouldn't have minded if they added one or two more events along the way.

The story is interesting and tight, avoiding inconsequential side-quests that don't contribute to anything, and instead opt to let you see the amazing sights around you while pursuing your objectives.

There are several QTEs, which I found a little annoying, but the combo system they have is entertaining and allows for interesting combat. I would really like to see whatever improvements DONTNOD might have planned if we're ever fortunate enough to see Neo-Paris again.

Meanwhile, go and play this game!
  58. Jun 3, 2014
    A terribly underrated game, which was obviously very tightly developed. Amazing setting of Neo-Paris, where the only currency are memories - the juicier, the better. Incredible music, blending instrumental sound with a glitchy electronic vibe. The gameplay is a bit simpler and slightly unrefined, since it all boils down to just having the longest, most varied combo and doing it over andA terribly underrated game, which was obviously very tightly developed. Amazing setting of Neo-Paris, where the only currency are memories - the juicier, the better. Incredible music, blending instrumental sound with a glitchy electronic vibe. The gameplay is a bit simpler and slightly unrefined, since it all boils down to just having the longest, most varied combo and doing it over and over again but the fact that you can customize your own combos is something fresh and interesting.
    The writing could have been better at some points but it can hold it's own.

Overall it's a very good game and it's not just a simple button-masher, it has depth as well.
  59. Jun 9, 2013
    Just finished Remember Me. Damn.. what a game. I still can't believe the reception for it has been so lackluster. The game has it's faults, but giving this game a score of anything below a 6? Really?
  60. Jun 9, 2013
    I actually really like this game. The combos could be a little more freeflow, but overall it's great, but that's the problem, Dontnod actually made an interesting game world,but didnt expand on it. If it was a bigger game, not open world, but like in the same way Dark Souls is laid out, or like Deus Ex, and lets us have more freedom, put stealth and more memory abilities, like making themI actually really like this game. The combos could be a little more freeflow, but overall it's great, but that's the problem, Dontnod actually made an interesting game world,but didnt expand on it. If it was a bigger game, not open world, but like in the same way Dark Souls is laid out, or like Deus Ex, and lets us have more freedom, put stealth and more memory abilities, like making them forget how to fire a gun ir something and it would've been amazing Expand
  61. Jun 9, 2013
    I've been watching Remember Me for a while and when it came out I got it the second day after release. My first thoughts were beautiful graphics and it gave me that Mirrors Edge, Total Recall, iRobot feel right away, which isn't a bad thing at all. Im always looking for games that are different and unique, I've been playing games from atari 2600 til now and everything in between and thoughI've been watching Remember Me for a while and when it came out I got it the second day after release. My first thoughts were beautiful graphics and it gave me that Mirrors Edge, Total Recall, iRobot feel right away, which isn't a bad thing at all. Im always looking for games that are different and unique, I've been playing games from atari 2600 til now and everything in between and though this might not be the best game its surely freshing and nice to play something a little different and new. I won't spoil anything so I'll keep it short

1.Graphics 9.5/10
    2.Gameplay 8.0/10
    3.Combat system 8.5/10
    4.Fun factor 9.0/10
    5.Music 10/10

Pros: The highlights of the game are the music and the memory remixes, where u play through memoires and alter different things about it to change the out come, its all real time FWD: Pause, Play, RWD type and I've never seen anything like it.

Cons: The only down fall this games has to me is that its not open world, not even close, but thats not enough to keep people from playing it and if they continue the series thats something they can improve on making a good game a great game.

Looking for something new and different try it at least.
  62. Jun 9, 2013
    Like some have said the game feels a mix of Tomb Raider/Prince Of Persia/Assassins Creed/Uncharted though unlike Lara this character fights well with or without weapons. The controls for the combat system get some getting used to but after a few fights it gets pretty easy to do and with the navigation help getting lost is hardly possible. The graphics are astounding especially when you doLike some have said the game feels a mix of Tomb Raider/Prince Of Persia/Assassins Creed/Uncharted though unlike Lara this character fights well with or without weapons. The controls for the combat system get some getting used to but after a few fights it gets pretty easy to do and with the navigation help getting lost is hardly possible. The graphics are astounding especially when you do jobs and are leaping from buildings or climbing across the walls half the time it's almost hard to tell the difference when you're in a cutscene and when you're playing. The voices for the characters is pretty good though there are one or two that didn't quite fit still that doesn't hurt the gameplay. Unlike RE5&6 which sadly were somewhat disappointing for me this game will have you playing for hours without knowing it. Expand
  63. Jun 9, 2013
    I made the title to make it clear that this is a very solid campaign game. I generally play multiplayer games i.e. Battlefield 3, but we all know that those types of games are made mainly for the multiplayer, leaving the campaign pretty poor. Remember Me went for an all-out campaign game and it shows. This is a very detailed game and the team that put this together did an astonishing job.I made the title to make it clear that this is a very solid campaign game. I generally play multiplayer games i.e. Battlefield 3, but we all know that those types of games are made mainly for the multiplayer, leaving the campaign pretty poor. Remember Me went for an all-out campaign game and it shows. This is a very detailed game and the team that put this together did an astonishing job. The music, sound effects, the neo look are all great, but the story in this game is outstanding. The story behind Nilin will suck you in and you will look forward to when you can continue the journey in getting your memory back each time you have to quit the game.

As others have said you set up your combo moves which at first your hands will hurt just getting the combos pulled off. Once you get used to it it will be a little more fluid as the game notifies you when you have to hit either "Y" or "X" depending on whether your set up is for damage, self-healing, or cool down. Some enemies are tougher than others and at the end of Episode 2 I actually had to change the difficulty to the lowest setting to defeat the boss. That's another plus, being able to change the difficulty in order to prevent you from getting frustrated. Again, the story is so good that you will want to beat the heck out of foes in order to find out what's next.

If you are looking for a multiplayer game then pass on this one. If you are looking for a very solid campaign game that just sucks you in then do yourself a favor and pick this game up. Although, this game may be overlooked as I would have missed it if it wasn't for a recommendation from Amazon. I'm really glad this game found me and I think you will too.
  64. Jun 10, 2013
    Simply put, Remember Me is one of the most stunning games to come in a long time. Beautiful visuals, a gripping soundtrack, and a well-designed protagonist unlike any other, make for a fantastic experience that will draw you in from the very start.

The soundtrack especially is one of the hallmarks of the game. It has a REZ-like quality to it. During combat, music has a sort of techno style, with a beat that seems to fluctuate depending on how well you fight. String enough combos together, and the speed of the music picks up and flows. Take a hit however, and the music appears to grind to a halt as you recover. Add this to the innovative, albeit underdeveloped, combo crafting system, and the solid feel that combat has in general, and it makes for a wonderful fighting system that will have you looking forward to every encounter with the residents of Neo Paris.

Nilin herself is a fantastic character. She seems more real than other protagonists in almost every way. Nilin is possessing of a rather exotic look, and coupled with a fantastic voice actor she immediately becomes appealing from the very start. The developers seem to have taken a clue from the recent Tomb Raider as well. Nilin walks and runs in a very life-like manner. She glances around at various people and objects that she passes, looks behind her every now and then as she runs, and holds her arm up to shield her face from the heat of flames in the event that you encounter them. Such elements serve to bring the character to life in a more engaging manner.

Remember Me is not without flaws however. The combat system, though solid and innovative, feels like a missed opportunity. The combo lab allows the player to create a number of combos from four different varieties of moves, thus giving the player a measure of control over how combat plays out. However, the system might leave the player with a feeling as if there should have been a few more move types to work with, and perhaps a couple more combo strings to customize. In terms of length, some players may also feel that the story is rather short at an estimated 7-10 hours. It is worth noting however that quality over quantity is a mantra to live by, and Remember Me should not be overlooked simply because of its length.

The story itself is best left as a surprise, to be discovered by the individual, but altogether these aforementioned elements of the game make for a fantastic, engaging experience. The game can only be compared to the likes of Enslaved and Okami, more art than anything else. While some may feel that Remember Me is more on the side of art and doesn't quite step over the border to the side of gaming, it is nevertheless a wonderful experience that should not be missed for any reason.
  65. Jun 10, 2013
    My cons and pros for this game.

+Atmosphere +Design +Art Direction +Cutscenes +Music +Acting ++++Remixing Memories ++++Puzzles (2 of them but worthy) ++++++ Story +/- Combat - Cutscenes unable to skip (i don't mind but some will) - Some glitches and bugs - Confusing combat combos menu - Combos not really usefull except two maybe. I didn't even make a fourth combo -
    My cons and pros for this game.

+Atmosphere
    +Design
    +Art Direction
    +Cutscenes
    +Music
    +Acting
    ++++Remixing Memories
    ++++Puzzles (2 of them but worthy)
    ++++++ Story

+/- Combat

- Cutscenes unable to skip (i don't mind but some will)
    - Some glitches and bugs
    - Confusing combat combos menu
    - Combos not really usefull except two maybe. I didn't even make a fourth combo
    - Linear level design

So my final thought is. If DONTNOD get a chance to make a sequel they should make the level design more like Mass Effect with side quests. And they should also iron out the game and fix the combat. BUT, i applaud them for the atmosphere, story, setting, music, acting and allround feeling.
    And also, the remixing memories part and the couple riddles are always a welcome plus.

For me it deserves 8.5/10
  66. Jun 10, 2013
    The platforming starts out with a generic ledge shuffle, but progressively includes more and more tools your spammer can break weak obstacles, tractor objects around to change the puzzle, and yank the energy out of one mechanism so you can dump it into another mechanism in order to advance the puzzle (kind of like carrying around a companion cube, if it was a blaze of glowing lightThe platforming starts out with a generic ledge shuffle, but progressively includes more and more tools your spammer can break weak obstacles, tractor objects around to change the puzzle, and yank the energy out of one mechanism so you can dump it into another mechanism in order to advance the puzzle (kind of like carrying around a companion cube, if it was a blaze of glowing light wrapping your arm that could be fired from a distance). Using stolen memories is incorporated with all of these tools, so the gameplay you get in the second half of the game is far more developed than what you see in the pre-release trailers, which focus on the early levels.

I’ve heard people complaining about how the game shows you what ledge to jump to, and I have to say so does every other game. Usually ledges are lit, colored or textured differently, or they just stand the hell out. Remember Me just uses a different mechanism. The game also tricks the player a few times; when I stop and really look around, I'll see another jump marker that was just off screen that I would have missed had I been simply following prompted jumps, and that other marker leads me to a powerup reward. And some markers fail under you, leaving Nilin to take a tumble a mechanism that isn't used frequently enough for you to come to expect it, which is good.

Loved the combat, gaining moves as rewards for accumulating XP. Once you get a serious arsenal Nilin' will be stringing spectacular movements together into a buttkicking ballet that you can reinvent whenever you want by changing animation and effect (again, this a completely different animal in the second half of the game because you have so many more moves and abilities). Upon replay you can keep all of the moves you purchased in your previous run-through. More advanced enemies keep the difficulty interesting; I particularly like the guards whose electrified armor hurts you when you hit them, and the invisible buggers you have to reveal before you can take them on. You will use every tool you are given.

And of course Nilin and Neo Paris look great, from the classic architecture to the sci fi archologies to the plates of rats the street vendors sell in the slums (I am playing on a powerful PC, so take that into consideration). The beauty is mostly to look at, not interact with, so if the inability to kick cardboard boxes around and stand on tables is a dealbreaker for you, then get used to disappointment.

I was expecting a far worse game based on the reviews I've read, usually in the vein of "It falls short" (falls short of what? Of perfection? Of failure? Falls short of fun? Is it fun? It is fun, by the way). Upon playthrough I found that many statements in those reviews are factually incorrect. I don't mean a difference of opinion, but statements like "the game doesn't do this" when it actually does, as if they wrote the review after playing only an hour of it, or they based their opinion on the pre-release videos. What you see in the early game is just a platform on which the late-game is built. It's a little embarrassing actually, as if all these guys solemnly said "Halo is set on the Pillar of Autumn, and we feel this makes the game fall short".

Dontnod is small and new and they've made a game bigger than themselves. It’s beautiful, it’s fun, and it does powerful things with its ideas. I say get it.
  67. Jun 5, 2013
    Game need just to be polished in some aspects. Capcom sould give more money to these guys, it is seen that the budget was too low.
    But is good stuff.
    I liked it
    Try it.
  68. Jun 9, 2013
    Unigue and rare beautiful sci-fi masterpeace with deep lore, astonishing attention to every detail and movie-like grapics. A must have for sci-fi heads.
  69. Jun 23, 2013
    So i recently picked it up on steam, aware of the mixed reviews. What i got was a average action adventure, which was not memorable for it's mechanics, after all the freeflow combat was adopted from batman with the only adaptation being the combosystems. Unlike batman however, the combat didn't flow as good, but it was still rewarding enough if you timed it right, and the constant hoppingSo i recently picked it up on steam, aware of the mixed reviews. What i got was a average action adventure, which was not memorable for it's mechanics, after all the freeflow combat was adopted from batman with the only adaptation being the combosystems. Unlike batman however, the combat didn't flow as good, but it was still rewarding enough if you timed it right, and the constant hopping shouldn't break your combatflow (it lets you continue the combo). The combo system is also better than people are giving it credit for, i found it quite intuitive. Platforming could've been done better, but i fear this is a necessary evil due to the relatively narrow/linear area's. I suspect this is the devs first big game, they had limited time and resources and therefore could not create a Tomb Raider('13)-like enviroment. However the design of the levels works, and they help build suspension and build atmosphere, helped by the camera angles and lighting.
    The protagonist is why it scores high in my book. I'm not some drooling fanboy, but i'd like to see more non-male (Marcus Fenix type) Protagonists. Because the game wouldn't have worked without it. And it's shameful to see how contrived the gaming industry is, fearing that the game won't sell if there isn't some MANLY MAN posted on the box cover. No, it will likely not attract the Gears of War crowd...but they have gears of war (and will likely stay there). It will attract a different crowd, people who are interested in atmosphere, immersion, and a catchy story. A crowd that is really underserved at this point. And this is what this game is trying to do, and to a large degree pulls of rather nicely. I hope despite the mixed result the publishers see potential in this game, and won't let it turn into another Beyond Good & Evil. Because that's what this game reminds me off. And what i also love about this game. So my high score is 75% creditted to the game, and 25% for sponsoring new and interesting IP's.
  70. Jun 8, 2013
    Playing this on the PC is an absolute treat. I have just this minute completed it and wanted to chip in. Remember me is made from a BRAND NEW STUDIO. And the game blew me away. Sure if you want to nitpick it was very combat, then platform/rinse & repeat at times but for their first game they have done an amazing job. I had to Run FRAPS all through the game just to screenshot some of thePlaying this on the PC is an absolute treat. I have just this minute completed it and wanted to chip in. Remember me is made from a BRAND NEW STUDIO. And the game blew me away. Sure if you want to nitpick it was very combat, then platform/rinse & repeat at times but for their first game they have done an amazing job. I had to Run FRAPS all through the game just to screenshot some of the beauty in this game. The sights are amazing to the point where it had me looking through the artwork in the extras menu and screenshotting those for desktop backgrounds!

In the end you have to experience this if you are looking for something new, or a fan of sci-fi Deus Ex type genre.

I hope this gets great sales and a sequel. Brilliant game.
  71. Jun 7, 2013
    I really liked this game so I'd give it 88/100. The visuals and art style are fantastic on the PC. Even though the game is very linear, I still enjoyed stopping to look at the environment and beautiful designs of rooms. The music is awesome and especially the main theme. Little sound effects like when you successfully pull off a combo are a nice touch as well. The story was actually veryI really liked this game so I'd give it 88/100. The visuals and art style are fantastic on the PC. Even though the game is very linear, I still enjoyed stopping to look at the environment and beautiful designs of rooms. The music is awesome and especially the main theme. Little sound effects like when you successfully pull off a combo are a nice touch as well. The story was actually very interesting. Nilin is a great main character that I cared for. The gameplay is a nice mix and very fun. The combat is different from other games in the genre so it was a breath of fresh air. Once you understand how the timing works and you start creating your own combos from the menu it gets super entertaining. Nilin also has a bunch of really cool abilities to add to the mix during fights against different enemies. People who find this combat too difficult or frustrating are obviously not fans of Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden. Getting around the areas was also well executed with a combination of Nilin's special glove and climbing around like Uncharted. PC optimization is just fine until the very last level where super sampling can easily drop your frame rate. Luckily the scene I'm referring to is very short. Besides for that there are little stutters when the game saves at a checkpoint but that's not very uncommon in games even today.

If Nilin ever gets a sequel...I'm in. Remember you soon.
  72. Jun 25, 2013
    It's impossible to deny that gameplay is hardly engaging, but it's overly easy not to pay any attention to it thanks to the incredibly immersive world and captivating story, both of which blew mind my mind.
  73. Jul 29, 2013
    Beautiful setting, amazing story. Combat is well above average but the meat of the game is how immersed you'll be in the world of Neo Paris. Forget the payola sucking reviewers wanting another soulless shooter. If you can appreciate games as art and enjoy a good story you'll cherish every moment of this roughly ten hour game. If you're a gamer (and I use the term loosely) who only findsBeautiful setting, amazing story. Combat is well above average but the meat of the game is how immersed you'll be in the world of Neo Paris. Forget the payola sucking reviewers wanting another soulless shooter. If you can appreciate games as art and enjoy a good story you'll cherish every moment of this roughly ten hour game. If you're a gamer (and I use the term loosely) who only finds joy in rushing through games without truely experiencing them? Get out--I mean... you might wanna pass on this. Expand
  74. Jun 11, 2013
    This game is in fact a solid 8.0. But I am giving it a 9 since so many reviewers seem to be so polarized.
    Positives: Music, voice acting, soundtrack, graphics, character development and story are superior to most "interactive movies" that I have played.
    Negatives: Game is devoid of choices or freedom. I will say however this is a common sacrifice game developers make for the sake of story. Just know when you buy the game that it is basically an interactive movie progressed by button combinations. Not a game with any RPG elements, choices or freedom.
  75. Jun 5, 2013
    this game is awesome, the graphics, the music, the story, all of them are very engaging. Play yourself this game before listen to angry nerds whit hedonist view of games, you will not regret.
  76. Jun 19, 2013
    The game is simply great. Could take 10/10 if it was multiplayer/coop and with some more memory remixes. It's a great interactive movie, with a storyline so well written that it's impossible to not love it, a great immaginary society based on deprivation of will from people and total control from the high levels of the society. The combat system with combos is really nice, play in the hardThe game is simply great. Could take 10/10 if it was multiplayer/coop and with some more memory remixes. It's a great interactive movie, with a storyline so well written that it's impossible to not love it, a great immaginary society based on deprivation of will from people and total control from the high levels of the society. The combat system with combos is really nice, play in the hard difficulty and you'll have nice and hard fights. Expand
  77. Aug 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Some games should just be movies and forget the whole gameplay element. Some people have taken this to heart and turned for instance Heavy Rain into a movie by recording and editing a game walkthrough.

Remember Me to me offers perfectly forgettable gameplay inter-spaced by a decent and interesting story. It doesn't get as bad as later Final Fantasy games were you just wished you could murder the guy that keeps tacking on yet more corridors filled with boring enemies but this game is the complete opposite of the early Tomb Raider games, I couldn't tell you their story but still remember some gameplay sections vividly. Just a few hours of later I could tell you about the early game sections of Remember Me but I do remember the story very clearly.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who doesn't want a heavy dose of story with a light touch of gaming. This isn't a Deus Ex (although the story setting is very familiar if more intimate) with lots of exploring and freedom and choices. This is on rails story game where you have the task of getting from A to B, clearing a room of enemies and remixing peoples memories.

And if the last idea has you all excited. Don't. It is an interesting concept but only used a handful of times, is awfully finicky and there is only ONE right solution although you can watch and see what the wrong combo's do.

The combat is forgettabe, a clone of the batman games although thankfully without the annoying habbit of getting killed by a dozen enemies with shotguns.

Good story.
    Average combat.
    On rails platform jumping.

But the story saves a lot... although truth be told, the main story is good, the world itself is pretty sterile. Things happen in it but you never feel connected, the game is actually really devoid of detail and supporting characters.

All in all, I rate it an 8. It is not a master piece but it did amuse me, I liked the story and it just worked, no broken gameplay, no unbeatable bosses. A competent game, play it for a bargain price when you need to waste a few hours with some simple gaming a nice "make you think but not to deeply" story.
  78. Jun 12, 2013
    I honestly really enjoyed this game. Lets start out with the pros. The environment looks great, i mean really really good. it's nice to see that the game's developers put a lot of time and effort into making Neo-Paris. Next, Nilin is an awesome character, and her voice actor delivers her lines very well. The game's story is also a really cool concept. The Sensen is basically a secondI honestly really enjoyed this game. Lets start out with the pros. The environment looks great, i mean really really good. it's nice to see that the game's developers put a lot of time and effort into making Neo-Paris. Next, Nilin is an awesome character, and her voice actor delivers her lines very well. The game's story is also a really cool concept. The Sensen is basically a second brain you can buy to store memories inside, so as never to forget them. Sounds great, right? Not for long. Amnesia, memory theft and remixing, and the dreaded Leapers are all byproducts of this thing, and it's up to Nilin to stop it. Sounds pretty cool right? Well, it is, and the story should keep you entertained until the end. Now, onto some of the not-so-good stuff. The game's ending is a little, well, predictable. They could've added a little more in my opinion. Secondly, i can guarantee that the combat system will confuse you. I never really understood it honestly, and i doubt you will either. There are also some really cheap deaths, and when i say cheap, i mean really cheap. How was i supposed to know that the security bot would kill me in one shot, or that i couldn't jump down there. Finally, the bugs. No, not the technological parasites that infest the city, i mean glitches in the game's programming. I had to repeat several fights because the game couldn't register that i had killed everyone in the fight. It's the little things such as this that keep the game from being something truly amazing, though it is still a really enjoyable experience, one that i would recommend to anyone who wants some thing refreshing and new to try out. Expand
  79. Jul 3, 2013
    I'm about 1/3 of the way through and gotta say, its much better than I expected, I'm really enjoying it. Sure its linear, but thats necessary for storytelling. The gameplay is also nice and fluid, feels like tomb raider, assassins creed 3 and a platform game rolled into one. I like a good storyline, and the ability to manipulate memories in certain scenes is surprisingly fun. I like theI'm about 1/3 of the way through and gotta say, its much better than I expected, I'm really enjoying it. Sure its linear, but thats necessary for storytelling. The gameplay is also nice and fluid, feels like tomb raider, assassins creed 3 and a platform game rolled into one. I like a good storyline, and the ability to manipulate memories in certain scenes is surprisingly fun. I like the main character, feels realistic and human, I like the story, hell, I even like the linear stage to stage process (which I normally don't). Expand
  80. Jun 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Story and world are overall very engaging. Presented both fast pace and slow take it slow when it's supposed to be fast and you DIE, take it fast when it's supposed to be slow and you miss out on the beauty and the world. The game even helps you pay attention to the little things; if you walk up to a window or a newsflash, the camera will fill the screen and the audio will adjust to focus. It's fairly clear when the game is supposed to be fast and when it's supposed to be slow, there's a lot of hand-holding throughout the game. Inherently there are signs and markers everywhere justified in-world by the SenSen, but there's also a lot of popups that hint what you're supposed to do.

That being said, there managed to be some [gameplay] portions weren't very clear so immersion was broken as I reloaded to checkpoint six or seven times attempting to figure out the correct pattern. Certain lethal mechanics will happen without notice and chances are you won't get them right the first time. As it contrasts so highly with most of the rest of the hand-holding, I can't help but see those unclear points as a design choice. A choice which I can understand since the absence makes things feel more urgent, butt a choice don't entirely agree with. Might end up being a controls problem though.

On linearity, game actually pulls it over on you a couple of times. As there is no custom save setting, often it starts to feel like there's only one thing to do, then it hits you that there was some other thing two paths, one to some bonus and one to the next checkpoint, and you don't know which is which. No hard feelings here though, as I don't agree with the convention that the player should always be able to backtrack. Felt like there was constant motion in the presentation. (Except when the previously mentioned lethal mechanics happen.)

Fighting is pretty fun once you have enough moves to fill up three combos, and/or when you have enough focus to execute multiple specials. Before that, it's somewhat monotonous. Simple, not the best, but mostly fun nonetheless.

Collectibles get linearly more difficult. Puzzles I'm not sure if they're supposed to get easier or harder some of them I figured out instantly, others I had to attempt several times to figure it out. Some enemy types create great difficulty initially, then are reasonable once you figure them out. Other enemy types seem like just decoration or space-takers. The way reinforcements file in is pretty comical and could probably have been done better.

For the most part I got used to the music by the end, so it didn't seem too amazing (I blazed through it in one go), but when I first heard it it was amazing. I am sure it will be amazing again when I do another playthrough.

>>>SPOILERS >>>
    Biggest disappointment was in characters. Most characters are simply temporary, and are less like people more like events. I forgot Olga existed by the end of the game. Random bounty hunter shows up after you get the glove, then becomes your friend, and then serves as your taxi two times and that's it. There are ways to temporarily introduce characters well; Frank and Alexia were fine and they had even less screentime than Olga. But most NAMED characters just aren't presented in this way and don't seem to matter, they seem like plot devices and only plot devices. Governor of Bastille I remember as some boss with a powerful cane. Xmas Kid as a buff guy with gold teeth. Tommy as some resident. There are some human connections, but there doesn't seem to be enough. I should not feel more intimate with a certain random enemy type. "Remember You Soon", well, I am more likely to remember Maggie.
  81. Jun 7, 2013
    This is really an obligatory "review" to tip scales, as some others are doing, to the positive side of things.

I generally don't hold general opinions with any merit at all in the first place, but this is one game I can't allow to stay so low when it's so well done. I suppose this is proof that user-generated ratings really are crap. I believe some people should rethink how saying 4 out of 5 portions of the game design are great, with one being personally distasteful, yet giving the game a 5> is justified or even remotely rational. I can understand some people's qualms about linearity, QTEs, and general interruptions to the game, but I also understand those aren't very objective or sensible complaints. QTEs? Dialogue? Linearity? Are these really bad in a game that's aimed to be story-centric and immersing? I don't believe so. I would be speaking out of my ass if I said the gameplay was intuitive as a whole, but see, that doesn't make it unoriginal. Does it come up with a grand new scheme ideas and elements we've never seen before? As a whole, no. It has some elements that are original, but others aren't. Does that make it unoriginal, mundane, and copy-paste, though? Absolutely not. Originality is not black and white, and you should feel bad if you believe it is.

Overall, though, this is a game that most people probably won't enjoy. Why? Because we're being spoiled with massively open worlds, rail-shooters, etc. A fraction of people will like this game, and an even smaller fraction will truly understand the passion behind it and how great it is.
  82. Jun 9, 2013
    This is one of those times where I didn't listen to major reviewers, and I'm very glad I didn't considering how awesome this game turned out. My only gripe is that the game is too short--I didn't want it to end. The camera can be weird at some points as well. Other than that the game is good. Great combat, addictive soundtrack, good pacing, and perfect blend of cinematics and gameplay.This is one of those times where I didn't listen to major reviewers, and I'm very glad I didn't considering how awesome this game turned out. My only gripe is that the game is too short--I didn't want it to end. The camera can be weird at some points as well. Other than that the game is good. Great combat, addictive soundtrack, good pacing, and perfect blend of cinematics and gameplay. It's like batman and uncharted had a baby. Expand
  83. Jun 9, 2013
    Setting is great. There's a few nits (like how in Neo-paris, everybody is british) but it captures a cyberpunk like feel without being the bleak grey landscape occasionally spiced up. The game world seems artifically claustrophobic though, and I found myself guessing when I was going to be ambushed pretty accurately by following this rule "large room..must be a fight scene". BackgroundSetting is great. There's a few nits (like how in Neo-paris, everybody is british) but it captures a cyberpunk like feel without being the bleak grey landscape occasionally spiced up. The game world seems artifically claustrophobic though, and I found myself guessing when I was going to be ambushed pretty accurately by following this rule "large room..must be a fight scene". Background music reminds me of blade runner, so it had a great ambience to it without being distracting.

Platforming: I didn't mind it, but there was a schizophrenic feel to it. for a game that spends a lot of time showing me exactly where to jump and move (via orange arrows pointing each step of the way) there were a number of twitchplay jumps that felt like they were put in just to irritate people. Early in the game, walkthrough tutorials are provided for very very basic puzzles (drop a wall between you and the drone so it cant see you!) while later QTE style chase sequences will probably require you to just die and reload a couple of times to get the pattern. This is not an Open world assassins creed type game, you are on rails. Not a bad thing, but something you should expect.

fighting: the combos give a lot of customizing, but if you're just a button masher you're going to make the fights harder on yourself than they need to be. There is a very specific flow and timing to combat, so regardless of what order you press your 2 buttons for combos, you'll need to master the identical combat timing for your 3 button combo that your 8 sequence combo will take. The combat sequences themselves are pretty run of the mill, with the boss character Madame being especially annoying if you don't have your combo timing down.

Remixing- this was my favorite part of the game, and while I can see how unfeasible it would be to end EVERY encounter with it, I sure wanted more control of using it, more potential targets for using it and even some more consequence and outcomes. Everything else in this game is something I could get in a different game, but the remixing is the truly distinct part. I played through a number of hours just waiting to use this mechanic and to see if it really mattered to the outcome. Nope, linear.

Story -is pretty good. There's a beginning a middle and ending. There is foreshadowing and misdirection. There is a twist beyond some sort of total recall swipe. Edge is a bit of a cliche, but most of the characters have something ditinct going for them.

Replayability- out of the box I don't know if Im going to bother with another playthrough for 'perfect remixes'. If DLC comes out that beefs up the memory remixing aspect of the game I can see myself going back in, but it's otherwise pretty linear.
  84. Jun 9, 2013
    There are two components to a story that absolutely hook me for the ride: 1)I have to want to develop an empathy with the character and, 2) obviously, the story. Despite the tragic frustration and borderline insult of not being allowed to explore the wonderfully sculpted world the game is framed within (it's incredibly well done, which makes the inability to explore the huuuuuuuge #1 conThere are two components to a story that absolutely hook me for the ride: 1)I have to want to develop an empathy with the character and, 2) obviously, the story. Despite the tragic frustration and borderline insult of not being allowed to explore the wonderfully sculpted world the game is framed within (it's incredibly well done, which makes the inability to explore the huuuuuuuge #1 con on this game)and the eventual tedium of being told by little jittering arrows where to go at every leap and turn, those two personal requirements of mine were handily and, to me, very satisfyingly met.

Nilin is great...for me, the voice acting was so deftly maneuvered with inflection and emotion I couldn't help but become deeply involved in the character and her progression in reclaiming her past. I also found her deliberation of the objectives and motive set to her by the character Edge to be refreshing; if she would not have been at least suspicious or questioning of the instructions and directives set to her by an unknown agent, I would have been at least dubious of her mission and subsequent actions and, therefore, less willing to buy into the story. Knowing she was conflicted allowed a bit of personal insight and empathy with the character in the sense of what was unfolding.

And I have to maybe sidestep a bit on my second requirement: the story itself was, maybe, just ok (perhaps a tad better), but the concept behind the storyline is what I view as still worthy of high marks. The groundwork and foundation of the context of the story was provocative and well-conceived, all the while being quite believable. The ability to manipulate memory was, to me, the most underutilized and most cathartic element to the game but, ya know, with as magnificent as the limited time was in this aspect, I think it must have taken a considerable amount of time to piece together the x's and o's to make this work so I suppose I can see why there wasn't wall-to-wall memory re-writes. Altogether though, the concept was very much appreciated in this land of rampant point-and-shoot fps for a guy who, while he enjoys some time in that certain genre of games, really aches for something different and substantive. And, hey, for me, Remember Me has got it.

If DONTNOD can take some constructive critisism on their effort here, I really really really hope they consider employing some of it into a very soon-to-be-released follow-up. I would be very eager...so just do it, ok?
  85. Jun 9, 2013
    The look, story and concepts are amazing. The platforming is a little clunky, but pretty fun when you are moving fast. The combat system is rhythm based and it works, with patience. It voice acting is hit and miss. It's great getting new IP's and I hope this one sells well so we get a sequel. Much like the improvements from Assassin's Creed 1 to 2 (The first game was great but flawed, andThe look, story and concepts are amazing. The platforming is a little clunky, but pretty fun when you are moving fast. The combat system is rhythm based and it works, with patience. It voice acting is hit and miss. It's great getting new IP's and I hope this one sells well so we get a sequel. Much like the improvements from Assassin's Creed 1 to 2 (The first game was great but flawed, and 2 fixed all the mistakes.), I can imagine the sequel coming out on Next-Gen machines and being a must-buy.

I consider this a must buy if you are a fan of something beautiful and different than the shooty games.

The parts that needed polish are not enough to detract from what feels like a new sci-fi epic, reminiscent of Blade Runner and other Philip K. Dick stories, and 1984. I give it 5 breath-of-fresh-air Stars.
  86. Jun 9, 2013
    What seems to be common from many reviews is the expectations that many people had going into the game, and either finished disappointed, or didn't finish at all. I will say that though Capcom's Remember Me isn't the best game ever, probably not even close, it is a unique experience in more ways than one, keeping my attention throughout the game.

Pros: Visuals This game is

Pros:

Visuals This game is beautiful. Every piece of the world and each character is incredibly detailed. The graphics do not make the game, but Capcom puts it to good use with one of the last new IPs of the current generation. The atmosphere of Neo-Paris is gorgeous, between the slums and the high end side, each area has it's own unique style, and probably one downside is that you don't get to explore Neo-Paris more than you do.

Combat Though not the strongest portion of the game, it's concept works, and works well. The meat of the combat system is creating your own combos. Now this doesn't mean you spend hours in a menu configuring buttons trying to come up with the best attacks. There are actually four preset button combinations, each consisting of either Square or Triangle (or X & Y for the Xbox 360). Along with that, there are four different modifiers called "Pressens", which allows you to power up each press of the button. The more experience you gain throughout the game, the more Pressens you unlock, allowing you to mix and match different types of modifiers within a single combo. For example: The most simple combo is Square, Square, Square. While the first press cannot be modified, the next two can, with modifiers such as stronger attacks or regaining health with each successful hit. Included with the combos are what's called "S-Pressens", which are power ups that help you gain a slight edge. These add a bit more strategy for when you face the tougher enemies.

Remixing Memories Possibly the best part of the game. These portions allow your character Nilin to jump into somebody's memory, alter certain portions of said memory, and force them to remember something that didn't actually happen. The general idea of remixing memories is to manipulate someone into either having regrets, changing what they believe in, or completely forgetting a life-altering event. Though there aren't too many of these sequences, each moment is fun and makes you think. Each remix gives you a certain objective, and you must alter some or all options in order to get the result you want. Very cool concept in my opinion, though would loved to have seen more.

Plot I won't spoil anything, but the story was interesting, unique, something different than the usual zombie outbreaks or military operations or what have you. It's an idea that was thought out, and used effectively.

Cons:

Voice Acting The only thing that doesn't drive the story as great as it could is the voice acting. Many games have that one "voice in your head" guide that tells you what to do and where to go. This is no exception, and like other games, this voice gets annoying along the way. Other characters just don't seem to fit in with the personalities that the game sets for them. This doesn't go for every character, fortunately, just enough to want to tell a few people to hush every once in a while.

General gameplay When you're not fighting or remixing, you're running, pressing, or climbing. The latter isn't too eventful. Platforming in this game is far from great.

Story length/Replayability It's a short game, and understandably so given the plot. Without a multiplayer portion in the game, Remember Me gives a great campaign experience, though not too much of one. And that's it. You may want to replay it to retrieve missing collectibles to learn more about the history of the city and the organizations involved. But the story is linear at best. Unless you're looking to get your platinum trophy, you may be trading in the game days after you begin playing.

Completion The great story is hindered by it's flat ending. There's a moment where I'm left wondering about certain characters you met earlier in the game and if they achieved what they really wanted.

Overall: I think this will be a sleeper hit. The concepts are unique, the visuals are gorgeous, and there are little things throughout the game that made me appreciate the design of the world and the characters. I personally do not believe it deserved IGN's 5.9 rating, and it's not 9 or 10 worthy. But it's a hell of a game and a pretty incredible experience. I recommend giving it a try, even if you decide to wait til it's on sale or the price drops. Or rent it. Whichever you prefer. Go with your gut!
  87. Jun 9, 2013
    Now I'll admit this game popped up on my radar in a bit of peer pressure as some friends really loved the look of it but the first gameplay shown didn't have me sold. But they a few days later another gameplay was released involving a helicopter fight of sorts that's when i started my own love for it. It was passed up by many gaming companies for its female protagonist which i think isNow I'll admit this game popped up on my radar in a bit of peer pressure as some friends really loved the look of it but the first gameplay shown didn't have me sold. But they a few days later another gameplay was released involving a helicopter fight of sorts that's when i started my own love for it. It was passed up by many gaming companies for its female protagonist which i think is quite a silly reason. Now the gameplay is a bit linear(keeps it from a perfect score cause i really want to explore this world more, but i cant bring it down to 8 or 7 just because of that because they DID introduce a world i want to explore and my own enviousness of the world shouldn't affect the game it's self) Now the story is solid.

If had to I'd give it a 8-5 to 8-7 if there was a story graph above on this rating thing. I say 8ish because it is a bit of a obvious scifi title and the story is a bit deep ya kinda have to be open to sci fi in general to really appreciate i as such I've graded accordingly so that linear, fighting gamers will know what they get into when considering it. The combo building is a bit blah at first but i really liked it and as someone who loves remember combos as it makes me feel like im learning stuff mid-gameplay amount my own memory skills. As a fan of the open world genre of games it IS a bummer that i cant do that here. The fighting combo remembering makes me remember how Sleeping Dogs caught me by surprise as a great game as well. I feel like a bad-A$$ beating people up as Nilin

Sounds are just top notch, the voice acting is about at English dub anime levels where they sound they could fit the character well but a part of you thinks they could have played it a little less or in some cases a bit more dramatic. Nilin's actress is top notch i will say. Now the game sounds are also great i often play with headphones to not to annoy a tenant i share a wall with and i was thoroughly enthralled with the game and fully immersed.

Now lasting appeal does get an 8 as that its about an 8 hour campaign that once again is very straight forward. But the game is still a great addition to my collection and i will have something to trophy hunt on till i get The Last Of Us in 10 days. The graphics are beautiful and i didn't notice many graphics bugs and if there were any they certainly didn't catch my eye or ruin the game.

Now full-disclosure I WAS spurred to do this because the so many reviews about this(IGN specificly god how i dislike them) were just so unfair so it may be closer to a 4 to 4 and a half but there are no halves and even 4 seemed like a dumbed down score. Honestly i preordered this read reviews last and was like OH GOD I made I HUGE mistake. Then i got it today, started playing it and had NO clue why this was was happening the game is so good and so great. The reviews had me believing that it was horrid filth with its bads far outweighing the good and thats just not true. All and all I really suggest you play this game please don't let the big name game reviews be the ones you go to for your game news. Trust yourself and trust your instincts I think you'll be pleasently surprised, I know I was
  88. Jun 9, 2013
    First Impressions are a big thing to me with games. In the first ten minutes of it this game immediately hooks you as you feel like you're really thrown into Nilins' situation. (main character)
    I only got to play it for about 45 minutes this morning but from what I can tell, the game play is very much a cross between the new Tomb Raider and Prince of Persia.
    The fighting system is rather
    The fighting system is rather unique in itself, as a dodge can break up a combo that was being executed, and the combos themselves are ones YOU make up and program in, as opposed to having to memorize them.
    As far as graphics and sound go, I'd absolutely say a 10 on both in my opinion. They're smooth and sleek with a LOT going on in the background on most levels.

In the end if you like a game where you can scale walls and buildings like Tomb Raider, have a fighting system like Prince of Persia where you can actively dodge, and a badass story line where social media gets way out of hand, you'll definitely enjoy this.
  89. Jun 9, 2013
    Remember Me is an action/melee/platformer in every sense of the word. I've had a fun time playing this game and thought I'd break down my thoughts of why this is so.

Combat: I really like the customization feature of being able to select different moves (Pressens) with different benefits (power, regen, chain, and cooldown) and pick what combos are most comfortable for you personally as a player to pull off. You will learn additional moves as you go along, however the way this is done here is far from rpg-style gameplay; so do not expect that going in. You cannot button mash your combos as the game requires that you properly time yourself from one hit to the next. This, I think, has lead to a perception that the controls are unresponsive because the timing window from one hit to the next is very small. But, once I got the rhythm of a combo down I rarely had a problem finishing it. You fight a lot of multiple enemies, placed in arena-like portions of the map. Enemies tend to group up and their attacks will break your combos, so it is important that you plan ahead, gain space on individual enemies, dodge, and look for vulnerable openings. Sometimes, this is easier said than done as some enemies can leap from walls, block attacks, and so forth. If you just jump into a big group and start swinging or get yourself cornered, you'll get floored pretty quickly on any difficulty. Your special S-Pressens and your arm-mounted Spammer can also be great assets in the right situations; allowing you to turn robots on their masters and stun enemies for periods of time. All in all, the combat requires you to pay attention, be creative, memorize the rhythm of your combos, and think.

The World: NeoParis is an atmospheric and beautiful place. It really is a sight for the eyes. Familiar Parisian landmarks and architecture are spread throughout a world of flying drones, cables, slums, and futuristic skyscrapers. It is, unfortunately, linear. Not a great deal of open-world happens here. However, your objectives are always clear and helpful orange arrows give you tips on where to leap or climb to next. The game does hold your hand when it comes to directions and some gamers may feel it insults their intelligence which I can completely respect. I found the directional prompts useful largely because I didn't want to spend forever hanging from a pipe wondering where to go or what to do next. The non-enemy, non-essential NPCS do not interact with you very much. Some are busy in conversation with other NPCs, others talk to themselves, and some will give you a "I don't have time to chat" in one version or another. As long as you don't have a strong desire to be a social butterfly with NPCs, this means very little.

Collectibles: Like them or hate them, there are a few different collectibles to find in the game. Some, like the Mnemist Memories, give you information and backstory. Others, like SAT Patches, boost your health after every group of five that you find (which you'll occasionally get hints for via holo-screens). Despite being a linear game, collectibles are cleverly hidden around piles of trash, in building crannies, and sometimes behind shutters that you can open with your Spammer. I personally love to find stuff so having multiple collectibles was a great experience for me.

Voice Acting/Characters: Overall, not bad. The only hiccups I noticed is that Nilin's lips don't always sync properly when talking to Edge over the comm in her ear. The dialogue itself wasn't Shakespearean, but it was pretty well done, clearly heard, conveyed believable emotion for the most part, and suited it's purpose. Nilin is the only person in the game that really gets fleshed out as a character, but the devs did a nice job of making her a complex individual that is both driven yet also conflicted. It doesn't help of course that she has lost her memory right from the get-go and has to slowly work it back; forcing her to question herself and her decisions particularly during cutscenes.

Memory Remixing: This is a truely unique feature. You are able, at set parts of the game, to change the events recorded in someone's memory....or even accidentally glitch-out their memory. It basically works like a puzzle: You have to find the right things to change in the right order to get the desired result and complete your objective. Though you don't get these opportunities often enough, as has been one of the recurring criticisms, it's a very enjoyable part of the experience.

Achievements: If you're an achievement getter, prepare to be challenged. As a forewarning, snagging all of the achievements does require multiple play-throughs. But for the size of a game like this, it's not all that taxing.
  90. Jun 10, 2013
    Remember Me from Dontnod Entertainment is the french developers first game, and I can say with certainty that Dontnod will become a leader in innovating games.

Non spoiler story: Remember Me is a fantastic game set in the Cyberpunk theme of Neo-Paris, a city built after a European Union Civil War in 2066. Humanity has become addicted to a new form of technology that allows the

Non spoiler story:

Remember Me is a fantastic game set in the Cyberpunk theme of Neo-Paris, a city built after a European Union Civil War in 2066. Humanity has become addicted to a new form of technology that allows the sharing and downloading of memories.

You play as a woman with a form of amnesia that if I explained more would ruin the story. Suffice to say that a lot of people want you dead.

Gameplay:

Gameplay reminds me of the Tomb Raider without guns, along with great memory based puzzles. Before you think "boring" and stop reading you should know that the memories are other peoples. You have the ability to alter a persons memories in a genius puzzle that lets you tryout different outcomes to what could have happened and warping your targets perception if his or her own reality. You can only do this a few times during the story which is a shame but it makes a great change of pace from the combat.

Combat:

Speaking of combat, you can unlock moves during the game and arrange them in any order you like giving you that ability to make your own combos! Enemies are varied and will keep you on your toes as you try to figure out how to best them.

As you go on other abilities become available and give you more puzzling and can also play a role in combat, but as I try to write spoiler free reviews I'll leave that up to you to discover!

No toilet breaks!:

If you have a day sick in bed (like me) you will beat it in a day but you can't stop playing to do so.

Graphics and sound:

With the exception of one hard boss fight that has some repetition, the voice acting is well enough for the characters, with the best acting going to the main character. It is a beautiful game to look at from the grimy under city to the richer upper city and small extras in the environment really bring out the immersion.

Out of Ten:

Graphics 9

Sound 8

Gameplay 9

Collectibles 7

Over all 9.5
  91. Jun 10, 2013
    The story of Remember Me is fascinating. Nilin is not a cliche protagonist with amnesia. She has a true motive, and you will enjoy finding out that motive along with Nilin. Voice acting in this game is superb, and the music used to enhance the atmosphere is mesmerizing. The opening title theme is one of my favorite tracks.

The gameplay for the most part is good. Combat could be a

The gameplay for the most part is good. Combat could be a little more fluid, but it still works. Platforming, stealth, and puzzles break up the monotony of fighting, which is great.

Overall, Remember Me is a different type of title. If you are looking for a change of scenery in a sea of sequels, this is the game for you. Science fiction fans shouldn’t pass this one up either.
  92. Jun 10, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game. It is a good console-kind of an action. The best thing in this game is definitely the story. After just finishing blockbusters like Crysis 3 and Battlefield 3 (a bit late on this one), the story of Remember Me really made an impact on me. At least I can tell you what it was about after a few days pass (unlike the other 2 games I just finished).

The idea it is

The idea it is focused around is pretty interesting and somelike of the movie Inception but instead of dreams, the focus here is on memories. The graphics are exceptional and the sound is good enough to keep you immersed in the story. The city it is based in is called Neo-Paris and is very interesting and beautiful (I played it on 3D and it was very rewarding). The story keeps revealing twists so you don't want to stop playing because it keeps tingling your curiosity even though the unvarying battles and jump and run gameplay are a bit simple. Good thing they are not long enough to bore you.

The gameplay itself is nothing new with the exception of the combos. Fighting is pretty straightforward with one button for dodge, and 2 buttons for 2 attacks. The attacks can be linked in pre-made by you combos in which every hit gives you some boost (dmg, heal, etc.) Battles are really easy with the small variety of common enemies and a few bosses which are also as easy. The other part of the gameplay is running,jumping and climbing on some edges and stuff in the city which is extremely easy. You have a pointing arrow thing which shows you exactly where you have to jump or go in every moment so very little time is lost in wondering. This is the biggest con for this game. It is very very linear. It is a pity having such a beautiful environment as Neo Paris and not being able to roam even a little in it.

CONCLUSION:

My conclusion is that in such times of blockbusters, that awe you with graphics and constant action gameplay but are totally lacking any kind of story, a game like this is rewarding your brains and curiosity. Since the gameplay is really simple and easy I almost saw it like a movie just to satisfy my curiosity in the story, and was left with a rewarding feeling after I finished it.
  93. Jun 10, 2013
    Engaging, interesting and nicely put together. The underlying story makes for a slightly linear experience and this is more than compensated for by the feel and fine touches of the overall environment and setting. It is also nice to play a game that is not North American in that the differences in culture and value show through the choices and interactions you have. A little too console inEngaging, interesting and nicely put together. The underlying story makes for a slightly linear experience and this is more than compensated for by the feel and fine touches of the overall environment and setting. It is also nice to play a game that is not North American in that the differences in culture and value show through the choices and interactions you have. A little too console in controls for me and some of the combos are not easy to understand/execute. All said, most enjoyable and I expect to be replaying it over the next while. Expand
  94. Jun 30, 2013
    Nice mix between Mirror's Edge and Assasins Creed, Also enjoyed the story, the way combos are performed and all the movements that our girl can do! I do anjoyed this game!
  95. Jun 5, 2013
    To sad the truth, I am not fan of games that have similar fighting mechanic.
    Right now I am about at 30% of game progress and I am absolutely enjoying every minute in this game.
    To sad the truth, I am not fan of games that have similar fighting mechanic.
    Interesting story line, nice soundtrack, nice level design, nice graphic, fighting mechanic is not confusing, just need to use a little of your head. Also absolutely love "memory remix" scenes and how these working.
    Game disadvantages few times camera was crazy, also bad mouse acceleration, but it is not making problems. Also, I don't know is it minus or plus, but I expected open world, which isn't in this game, but feels open and huge.
  96. Jun 7, 2013
    This game is amazing. The science fiction here is better than in most movies. The graphics are good, too. And Neo Paris is the best game environment I've seen in years.

Truly, it's linear. But what is the problem? I think a good game for comparison would be Deus EX Human Revolution. And Remember is much better than DEXHR, which received great reviews. Congrats devs! Thank you Capcom!

Congrats devs! Thank you Capcom! This game is amazing, despite of the reviews.

The best game I played this year so far.
  97. Jun 8, 2013
    Overall the game has a very good story and some interesting mechanics, however it falls short in the combat system. The combat system revolves around performing combinations and avoiding attacks and little along the lines of strategy or skill. As long as you can hit the dodge button in time you will not get hit at all. Also the world is fairly interesting but you barely get to explore it,Overall the game has a very good story and some interesting mechanics, however it falls short in the combat system. The combat system revolves around performing combinations and avoiding attacks and little along the lines of strategy or skill. As long as you can hit the dodge button in time you will not get hit at all. Also the world is fairly interesting but you barely get to explore it, you are funneled along a route with little incentive to actually explore. The collectibles in this game will get you more health, which is unnecessary, or it gets you more focus, which allows you to use your more powerful skills.

Beyond that the story line is great and the underlying concepts are sound. If they had done more along the lines of remixing memories beyond the 4 times you get to do it in-game it would have boosted the game a little higher.
  98. Jun 8, 2013
    Great plot and world. Too little time to show it. Perfect combat system, bad camera management and not polished tutirial. The game can make you worry for characters, but they are outnumbered by faceless enemies. So it's just 8.
  99. Jun 6, 2013
    Remember me is very enjoyable game, also the plot so far(im about 40%) is very interesting and the way that rolls out is well played. It may not be an open world game(never claimed to be), it may be linear, but on the other hand it has great atmosphear, well directed cutscenes and very interesting characters. Also the game mechanics are mostly simple(just a bit confusing in the begining)Remember me is very enjoyable game, also the plot so far(im about 40%) is very interesting and the way that rolls out is well played. It may not be an open world game(never claimed to be), it may be linear, but on the other hand it has great atmosphear, well directed cutscenes and very interesting characters. Also the game mechanics are mostly simple(just a bit confusing in the begining) but functional, and i have to state that i loved the "change somebody memories" part of the game. Ok may not the next big game of the decade, but its fun to play and thats something that most of the games luck nowdays. Expand
  100. Jun 10, 2013
    the story and environment more than make up for weak combat and platforming mechanics. play it on hard, and enjoy the fluidity of the game, don't expect a huge challenge or massive gameplay innovations. but do expect to get immersed and engaged in the world they've built. a really nice experience.

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Remember Me is a competent action game that never really excels. The story is wasted and the platforming is poorly implemented with the rest of the game. Still the combat system is interesting and the framing around memories is at least somewhat original.
    A game with great potential, great setting and great music. However, it's knocked down by its incomplete implementation of the original ideas and its frustrating battle system. [Issue#231]
  3. Jul 8, 2013
    There are a lot of ideas packed into this game but I feel like if they would have cut back on a couple of the concepts to focus more on the story then this could have been a real stand out game. As it is now Remember Me is more appealing when it gets cheaper or if you have absolutely nothing to play.