7.3

1. Jun 9, 2013
    Acceptable fighting system, good story, AWESOME panorama, very good graphics, but It felt SO INCREDIBLY LIMITING. Every minute of playing I encountered a door I couldn't open, a ledge I couldn't grapple on, a 30cm box I could jump above, and on and on and on. I liked the concept, but I really couldn't stand the fact that the whole game was made a corridor. Acceptable game nonetheless. TheAcceptable fighting system, good story, AWESOME panorama, very good graphics, but It felt SO INCREDIBLY LIMITING. Every minute of playing I encountered a door I couldn't open, a ledge I couldn't grapple on, a 30cm box I could jump above, and on and on and on. I liked the concept, but I really couldn't stand the fact that the whole game was made a corridor. Acceptable game nonetheless. The Neo Paris panorama was gorgeous, the graphics when maxed out were gorgeous, and the music awesome. If only I didn't feel I was in a very long cage the whole time I played it... Expand
  2. Jan 26, 2014
    How could a game so wonderful get such terrible reviews? How could a game that I'd consider one of the best ever made get seen so poorly? Every aspect of this game, every single facet, is amazing -- the world, the characters, the flow of the combat. I will never understand, and will lament for quite a while, that this game may never get its proper recognition -- but I can say here and now,How could a game so wonderful get such terrible reviews? How could a game that I'd consider one of the best ever made get seen so poorly? Every aspect of this game, every single facet, is amazing -- the world, the characters, the flow of the combat. I will never understand, and will lament for quite a while, that this game may never get its proper recognition -- but I can say here and now, do yourself a favor: play Remember Me. Expand
  3. Jun 11, 2013
    The game's solid story, great visuals and interesting ideas are let down by poor execution. The rooftop action doesn't pass muster in a post-Assassins Creed world, and the innovative combo system doesn't stop the combat from being a button-masher.
  4. Jul 10, 2013
    This is very underrated game. I enjoyed this thoroughly despite it's obvious faults. It's fighting style is fluid, it will remind you a bit of batman with other unique abilities and gameplay elements that make it unique. The pacing of the game is solid, I never found myself bored or doing too much of one thing. This is something I dislike about "open world" games. This game is linear andThis is very underrated game. I enjoyed this thoroughly despite it's obvious faults. It's fighting style is fluid, it will remind you a bit of batman with other unique abilities and gameplay elements that make it unique. The pacing of the game is solid, I never found myself bored or doing too much of one thing. This is something I dislike about "open world" games. This game is linear and to the point. The graphics are fantastic on PC but I played it with a controller because I output it to my TV and it felt very comfortable with a controller on the big screen. The sound design and music is top notch, they really went over the top with the glitch style and it works perfectly in this setting where others try and do it and it doesn't fit nearly as well. The story is interesting and unique, you can kind of predict the flow but there's still not a whole lot of games out there that tell a similar story (I can think of a few but I'd rather not spoil it with comparisons).

On the bad side, I experienced a game breaking bug that required me to start from my checkpoint 3 times. A specific combination wasn't triggering the combat to end so it was odd and broke the immersion. There are a few other strange bugs where you weren't able to climb or maneuver correctly. The combat system is enjoyable BUT as many others have mentioned It's a bit disappointing that you can't chain attacks from enemy to enemy. So for example, if you want to do a 5x combo, you have to finish it on a single enemy. If you go up to 3 and then decide to dodge and hit another guy, it starts over. Doesn't feel like you build momentum as well as you should, however the abilities make up for it. The remixing is great, but I almost wish there was more of it. In fact, I wish the game was a few hours longer. It's linear, but almost too linear where you can probably run through the game pretty fast. The good thing is the art is great and every location is different but very cohesive.

As a side note, I got this game for $26 on Green man Gaming and I think it would be well worth $40-50 new. But if it goes on sale and you want to give it a try, I think you'll either really love it or you'll hate it.
  5. Jun 6, 2013
    Great graphics, great music, interesting story, TERRIBLE GAMEPLAY.

Great graphics, great music, interesting story, TERRIBLE GAMEPLAY.

Remember Me is another "interactive movie" where you're forced to watch cutscenes between every fight and, when you actually get to play the game, it's actually pretty crap. Fights are just monotonous button spamming, the platforming gets stale in the first chapter, and you're so often bombarded with cutscenes that even walking along a street becomes a tedious experience.

The one unique element of the game, remixing memories, is interesting, but only seems to happen once every hour of frustrating gameplay.
  6. Jun 5, 2013
    Game need just to be polished in some aspects. Capcom sould give more money to these guys, it is seen that the budget was too low.
    But is good stuff.
    I liked it
    Try it.
  7. Jun 9, 2013
    Unigue and rare beautiful sci-fi masterpeace with deep lore, astonishing attention to every detail and movie-like grapics. A must have for sci-fi heads.
  8. Dec 26, 2013
    *Update* Was upset because I can't play more than 15 min without game turning into a Lag Fest! Game was running more than 45 fps before suddenly dropping down to under 10 fps. Only way was to quit game & restart. Then someone advised me to turn of Supersampling & forced AA through Nvidia's control panel. It worked! I'm now gaming at near max. settings with beautiful graphics running*Update* Was upset because I can't play more than 15 min without game turning into a Lag Fest! Game was running more than 45 fps before suddenly dropping down to under 10 fps. Only way was to quit game & restart. Then someone advised me to turn of Supersampling & forced AA through Nvidia's control panel. It worked! I'm now gaming at near max. settings with beautiful graphics running almost 60 fps. No problem at all! Thus, other than it being a poorly optimized PC port of the console game, the game itself is really pretty. However, there's lots of unrealized potential unable to interact with the gorgeous environment because it is a corridor shooter with a story and a path mapped out in a linear manner i.e. practically no turn left-or-right options. Simply too linear. However, story is not bad, and the memory remixes is refreshing. Combat is ok. Its an overall innovative piece of work. However, you must be able to accept it being a linear action-adventure game. Expand
  9. Jun 4, 2013
    I don't know, why rating this game negative. It's well programmed, nice graphics, a good story i'll follow and at summary, it's a pretty nice game. 1st started the game and thought: Mirrors Edge? Damn, there are some similarities! Sure, no real prarkour, but nice. I really don't miss the weapons the game is based on combos. Well executed, it will make enough damage & to be honest: WeaponsI don't know, why rating this game negative. It's well programmed, nice graphics, a good story i'll follow and at summary, it's a pretty nice game. 1st started the game and thought: Mirrors Edge? Damn, there are some similarities! Sure, no real prarkour, but nice. I really don't miss the weapons the game is based on combos. Well executed, it will make enough damage & to be honest: Weapons you'll find in each 0815 game. Just give it a try it's no mainstream game. Expand
  10. Jun 5, 2013
    The game isn't that bad, the game is worth an an 7 or 8 /10, but i gave it a 10 to help counter the outrageous bad user ratings given before the game was even released, do people even know what a game rated 4 should play like?
  11. Jun 14, 2013
    This game is a of Assassin's Creed and Prototype with a "new" twist; or it can be considered just a same old 3rd person "shooter" with a new storyline (shell).

Graphics just OK on today's standard for a $50 3rd person shooter. Fun to pass-time when you got way too much time, nothing more.
  12. Jun 6, 2013
    I've played for a few hours now, and I really enjoy this game, except for combat system and interface itself. First off, I've been waiting for it since "memory change" trailer and when I first got to change memory I loved it! But there's not alot of such moments in this game, there's more of combat (And combat system is just dull) and corridor-like gaming with this arrow pointer whichI've played for a few hours now, and I really enjoy this game, except for combat system and interface itself. First off, I've been waiting for it since "memory change" trailer and when I first got to change memory I loved it! But there's not alot of such moments in this game, there's more of combat (And combat system is just dull) and corridor-like gaming with this arrow pointer which shows you where to go, ugh it pissed me off few times already. But the game is good, and I'm glad that purchased it. Expand
  13. Jun 10, 2013
    If I had to bring up why this game is disappointing it is that I want to play in Neo Paris it is an amassing world artistically stunning and dripping with unique style as well as a decent story and absolutely fantastic music.

The problem is the combat is dull and repetitive, the world is a corridor, the platforming is both annoying and blatantly obvious as to what you must do. None of the "game parts of this game work well but the IP is still good. It is a game I did not like yet want a sequel of as a different genre or with a completely overhauled combat system and no platforming.

Make it a Witcher style RPG as that game never shined in combat though it fairs better than Remember me. Perhaps make the Presen Combo lab to where it has a real tangible effect and more than 4 combos. Simply open the stunning world that is keeping my from giving this a negative review score as the part oft his game where there is no combat are the only memorable parts as the world just looks so fantastic. Any of these you make this a massive IP but for now it is something to put in your steam Watch list and pick it up on sale.
  14. Jun 8, 2013
    I made a mistake pre judging this game in its first two hours. lesson learned. after episode 3, this game is a masterpiece of its own. the music, the atmosphere, the art, its amazing, underrated and not appreciated. the last of us deserves a 10? please, leave that crap out of gaming and give us some more of remember me. must be because its a black female character cause otherwise iI made a mistake pre judging this game in its first two hours. lesson learned. after episode 3, this game is a masterpiece of its own. the music, the atmosphere, the art, its amazing, underrated and not appreciated. the last of us deserves a 10? please, leave that crap out of gaming and give us some more of remember me. must be because its a black female character cause otherwise i dont see why the 6 and belows for this game. Expand
  15. Jun 4, 2013
    First impressions at about 4 hours in.

THE GOOD Its time for the remix! Ok, best part really is remixing memories. Call me geeky, but when I started moving my mouse in counter-clockwise circles, I got really excited. I really like the look and feel of Neo-Paris. There's a lot of detail that went into the walls, the art, the small touches that I saw in the city. I'm enjoying
    First impressions at about 4 hours in.

THE GOOD

I'm enjoying the little of Nilin's character that is being exposed through monologue. I really wish there was more, and maybe there will be? Also, the voice acting seems to be well done with her, not so much the supporting cast. Finally, I am always thrilled to play female characters, its as though its a rarity.

I like the "Customization" regarding the combos, at least there is something that you get to manage in the game, since there is no inventory or skill tree (in the traditional sense).

Most importantly, there is something about the style and gameplay that hasn't been done before. I can't quite put my finger on what it is exactly, but I will remember "Remember Me" for doing something new.

THE BAD

Sometimes the camera gets all weird because I'm in a corner, and I can't see. Also, I find the controls a little wonky, and from time to time I find myself going in a direction I do not want to be going in.

Everyone and their mom has said this the game is linear, so linear that I hardly have to look at the screen to figure out where I'm going as there is only one way. Also, without the indicators of where to jump, I never would be able to figure out what fence I can and can't jump.

THE UGLY

For me, the worst part of this game, shared the worst part of Tomb Raider (the reboot), and that is timing/specific key presses (aka quicktime event) during fights. I find this extremely jarring and I think I almost broke my keyboard at one point when I couldn't figure out what I should be pressing.

IF WISHES WERE HORSES:

One thing that is strangely lacking is blood. Nilin is getting beat up, she's beating up people, she's falling off of roofs, but no scrapes. I was happy when she fell on her ankle and I thought that maybe she would have a limp as the cutscene indicated, but she didn't.

Also, I want to talk to people, but no one wants to talk to me. Everyone I pass says "sorry, you're not my type" or "i'm waiting for someone" or something about "brushing my hair". In Neo-Paris are unattractive people hot now? If I saw Nilin walking towards me, I probably would ask her to sit with me, not tell her to go away.

I thought this would somehow be more of an adult game. By adult I do not mean sex, I mean a discussion of intellectual ideas. This remixing of memories, or trading of memories is an excellent concept, and I thought we'd be able to explore it more and examine both the good and the bad of this technology.

CONCLUSION

Ultimately, I'm enjoying myself and the gameplay keeps me going.
  16. Jun 14, 2013
    Beautiful game, I really liked the story, its characters, especially Nilin (The main character). And of course, i loved the incredible dystopian ambience in Paris.

I wish it was open world to explore the beautiful city, but it turned out to be linear, which is not all bad because it allows you to concentrate on the story without deviating in other variants. The mechanics of combat

The mechanics of combat can be frustrating at first, but after some time and practice, it turns out to be easy and intuitive with combos really easy to execute, and the possibility of causing damage with special powers.

The game is not very long, but does very well with its 8 chapters.
    This is another of those games that hopefully will have a sequel. It was a nice surprise and it is a very solid game. A job well done in this one.
  17. Jun 23, 2013
    So i recently picked it up on steam, aware of the mixed reviews. What i got was a average action adventure, which was not memorable for it's mechanics, after all the freeflow combat was adopted from batman with the only adaptation being the combosystems. Unlike batman however, the combat didn't flow as good, but it was still rewarding enough if you timed it right, and the constant hoppingSo i recently picked it up on steam, aware of the mixed reviews. What i got was a average action adventure, which was not memorable for it's mechanics, after all the freeflow combat was adopted from batman with the only adaptation being the combosystems. Unlike batman however, the combat didn't flow as good, but it was still rewarding enough if you timed it right, and the constant hopping shouldn't break your combatflow (it lets you continue the combo). The combo system is also better than people are giving it credit for, i found it quite intuitive. Platforming could've been done better, but i fear this is a necessary evil due to the relatively narrow/linear area's. I suspect this is the devs first big game, they had limited time and resources and therefore could not create a Tomb Raider('13)-like enviroment. However the design of the levels works, and they help build suspension and build atmosphere, helped by the camera angles and lighting.
    The protagonist is why it scores high in my book. I'm not some drooling fanboy, but i'd like to see more non-male (Marcus Fenix type) Protagonists. Because the game wouldn't have worked without it. And it's shameful to see how contrived the gaming industry is, fearing that the game won't sell if there isn't some MANLY MAN posted on the box cover. No, it will likely not attract the Gears of War crowd...but they have gears of war (and will likely stay there). It will attract a different crowd, people who are interested in atmosphere, immersion, and a catchy story. A crowd that is really underserved at this point. And this is what this game is trying to do, and to a large degree pulls of rather nicely. I hope despite the mixed result the publishers see potential in this game, and won't let it turn into another Beyond Good & Evil. Because that's what this game reminds me off. And what i also love about this game. So my high score is 75% creditted to the game, and 25% for sponsoring new and interesting IP's.
  18. Jun 3, 2013
    Funny how there already are User Scores for the PC version when it has not even been released yet. The earliest unlock will be 14 hours from now on, with most of the world having to wait around 3 more days.

The game is a Steamworks title, so nobody aside from professional reviewers could have played it yet, and there exists no pirated version at this point either. Hence all the

Hence all the current votes are absolute bogus. Just food for thought.

As for the game itself, I'll be playing (and rating) it once it is actually out. For the time being I will rate it at the critic average, but will adjust it accordingly once I have made up my own mind.
  19. Jul 16, 2013
    WOW. Most amazing game. So deep and emotional. Big Kudos to the developers. This game is a real piece of art and will be remembered forever.

The mechanics could need some work, that is true. But if the outcome is this impressive I don't care for a little clumsiness.

It's such a shame that the usual reviewer seems to be to stupid to 'get' this game. This is an instant classic.
  20. Jun 8, 2013
    not a bad game worth playing its not nearly as bad as some of the below 5 points are making it out to be.The story is not bad the fighting mechanics are OK could of been better all in all its average as i said worth playing at least once.
  21. Jun 6, 2013
    As the credits roll on this 11 hour journey, I’m pleasantly surprised to see such a great title come out of a brand new studio. The team at DONTNOD Entertainment have brought something unique to the table, giving us not only beautiful graphics and incredible sound, but also a new combat approach wrapped around a very engaging storyline
  22. Jun 19, 2013
    It's such a shame that they wasted a lot of the potential on this title. First let me start with the positives. I liked the graphics and the atmospheric scenery. The voiceacting, especially on Nilin is nothing short of superb. I like the fact that you can customize your combos. The memory remixes are fun and a unique game mechanic. The soundtrack is great too. Now to the negative partsIt's such a shame that they wasted a lot of the potential on this title. First let me start with the positives. I liked the graphics and the atmospheric scenery. The voiceacting, especially on Nilin is nothing short of superb. I like the fact that you can customize your combos. The memory remixes are fun and a unique game mechanic. The soundtrack is great too. Now to the negative parts about the game. It is rather short, I finished the game within 9 hours. While the setting is beautiful the linear corridor levelsdesign leaves absolutely 0 room for exploration. The fights are predictable and monotone. The last third of the game feels artificially dragged out. You can not interact with any NPC within the game, not even a line of text. The climbing feels unnessecary and extremely dumbed down as orange arrows will constantly tell you where exactly to go. The game constantly interrupts the gameflow with tutorial like messages that can't be disabled and even on the hardest difficulty setting the game felt like a breeze. Most bossfights are simply blunt and tedious and boring. The most interesting part of the game the memory remixes are too few and too easy. There is only 1 solution in all of them, (eg when you need to kill someone), it would have been nice to have more interactive objects and several different solutions but the way they did it, it's only 1 single solution possible which leads them to be nothing else then trial and error. Overall this game had a lot of potential but the monotonous fighting system combined with the extreme linearity and the short usage of the games biggest innovative gameplay (memory remix) resulted in a barely average gaming experience. I would recommend giving this game a try at a sales price but can't recommend for full price unfortunately. It isn't a bad game, it's a mediocre experience with many up and downsides. At 50-75% off I would recommend the purchase for a decent experience. Expand
  23. Jun 19, 2013
    Overall I would say that Remember Me is an entertaining sci-fi action game that is flawed in areas and fails to reach it's true potential.

Visually it is a very striking game that avoids being overly stylistic and provides plenty of beautiful environments and high tech eye candy. Unfortunately the scenery is just that, scenery that you look at it in the background as the gameplay is quite linear. This game is much more linear than say the recent release The Last of Us. The gameplay consists of a mix of platforming ala Assassin's Creed and Uncharted but with a lot less freedom to explore. Check that, almost no freedom to explore; there is just the bare minimum of side paths which are very minimal in depth themselves. While I was disappointed that this was not a more open world type of game it did not cause me to quit playing. The story, characters, settings, voice acting and dialogue were all done well enough to keep me immersed in the game.

The combat is akin to fighting games and the ability to more or less make up your own combos (within the scope of the preset combo templates) adds to the customization of the combat. The different categories of hand and foot attacks by way of straight damage/regeneration/power build up/combo modifier adds a layer of strategy to the combo building. The special powers each feel different enough although there were some I didn't use beyond the mandatory tutorial parts. The fights themselves get pretty formulaic however, combat is mostly setup as locked of rooms of enemies that must be defeated to move on. Enemy grouping is fairly patterned as well, with boss fights at the end of most levels. Fortunately, each boss fight feels mostly unique although each individual boss fight follows a fairly standard pattern of attack sequences followed by QTE's to finish off the fight.

The dialogue writing is a bit weak at times, but the characters are interesting enough and the relationships between them develop fairly well throughout the story to make the game as much character driven as it is story and setting driven. The memory remixing is a neat element of the game that while I feel it could have been used a lot more in an open world setting, I do think that this aspect is integrated into the gameplay enough to feel organic to the story and not forced.

This game has the look of a AAA game, but I don't feel it is quite up to the standard of AAA games. The length of the gameplay varies from 6-10 hours on average depending on your play style. Not quite worth the $50 price tag, feels more like it should have cost closer to $30.
  24. Jul 30, 2013
    Almost there. The proportions of various gameplay mechanics (combat, puzzles, platforming) are good, however there's not enough of the flagship feature memory remixing. You do it only like 5 times in the game and it accounts for less than 10% of the play time. I really wish they put in more of that. Also, I was hoping to see a living city with lots of environment interaction, talking NPCsAlmost there. The proportions of various gameplay mechanics (combat, puzzles, platforming) are good, however there's not enough of the flagship feature memory remixing. You do it only like 5 times in the game and it accounts for less than 10% of the play time. I really wish they put in more of that. Also, I was hoping to see a living city with lots of environment interaction, talking NPCs and performing various tasks, but the game is totally linear and the surroundings are just a backdrop. Expand
  25. Jun 16, 2013
    Remember Me is a special game. You love it or you hate it. No mid point. For me, is one of the best SCIFI games i played in the last months. Great Story, well telled, nothing surprising, but if story still good, it's not a problem. Good hack & slash gameplay, very arcade style, and i realy don't care about 0 exploration on maps, keep in mind'a that a very linear arcade with a very linearRemember Me is a special game. You love it or you hate it. No mid point. For me, is one of the best SCIFI games i played in the last months. Great Story, well telled, nothing surprising, but if story still good, it's not a problem. Good hack & slash gameplay, very arcade style, and i realy don't care about 0 exploration on maps, keep in mind'a that a very linear arcade with a very linear story. Try to think about this game like a good SCIFI movie with interactive combats. In other hand you have the puzzles (simples, that's true) and the remix memories ones. This is a realy good feature of this game and i miss had some more of them. On tecnical side graphics are correct (very well polished ones in most cases) and a amazing sound track. I realy enjoyed this game. But like all things, it's only my subjective opinion. Like i said at begin, you can love this game, or just hate it, but it's a realy good start point for a new studio. Expand
  26. Dec 31, 2013
    I like this game very much perhaps its the pastiche of Philip K. Dick and William Gibson themes, reminders of other games like Deus Ex; Remember Me feels like something out of Metal Hurlant with its story, characters and cyberpunk stylings. Nice flourishes like a memory "remixes" are the most fun parts, yet sadly are not capitalized on. Gameplay is something we've all seen before in aI like this game very much perhaps its the pastiche of Philip K. Dick and William Gibson themes, reminders of other games like Deus Ex; Remember Me feels like something out of Metal Hurlant with its story, characters and cyberpunk stylings. Nice flourishes like a memory "remixes" are the most fun parts, yet sadly are not capitalized on. Gameplay is something we've all seen before in a third person brawler; very reminiscent of Rocksteady's Arkham Asylum (Dontnod can hardly be blamed wishing to emulate that game). A linear title, but a pretty one, and quite enjoyable. Expand
  27. Nov 16, 2014
    I picked this game up in a Steam sales because it looked interesting without any expectations and it blew me away! This game was simply the best cyberpunk experience I ever played. Beautiful artful graphics (Neo Paris looks breathtaking), great electro music especially towards the end of the game and an truly awesome story (especially appealing to someone who has own kids). I completed theI picked this game up in a Steam sales because it looked interesting without any expectations and it blew me away! This game was simply the best cyberpunk experience I ever played. Beautiful artful graphics (Neo Paris looks breathtaking), great electro music especially towards the end of the game and an truly awesome story (especially appealing to someone who has own kids). I completed the story in 15 hours and to me this game didn't feel more repetitive than Assassins Creed or the Batman Arkham games. Expand
  28. Jun 17, 2013
    Awesome game. Enjoyed the adventure from the begining to the end. The atmosphere is awesome, music is fantastic. Art is outstanding. Models are wonderful. I mean.. if you dont like or you dont understand Art will not like the game
  29. Sep 9, 2013
    Truly, I am astounded by these below-average mixed critic scores. There are games which play it safe and rely on conventions which still get around 75 to 80 marks. Then there are games that try to do something new but fail, and these get around 55 to 70 marks. But Remember Me is both unconventional AND good quality. For a genre as diverse as action-adventure, Remember Me makes a very niceTruly, I am astounded by these below-average mixed critic scores. There are games which play it safe and rely on conventions which still get around 75 to 80 marks. Then there are games that try to do something new but fail, and these get around 55 to 70 marks. But Remember Me is both unconventional AND good quality. For a genre as diverse as action-adventure, Remember Me makes a very nice addition. It's what you get if you combine Mirror's Edge with Assassin's Creed and DmC Devil May Cry. It's a third-person platforming combat puzzle game. However, despite what the reviewers say, the game is not disjointed at all. The platforming sections, combat, stealth puzzles and story are interwoven and give the game some variety. The combat consists of punch, kick and dodge. Whilst this may sound repetitive, the key feature is that you are rewarded for using combos, and you can choose how you want to mix and match these rewards from health regen, meter regen or more damage. Whilst it is quite slow and clunky in smaller areas due to the various enemies taking up too much space, it's certainly not as repetitive or broken as some claim it to be. Nowhere near as deep or fluent as Batman Arkham, but still hard-hitting and rhythm based. The platforming is generally very good, with few issues regarding where you can and can't go, because the game shows you where to go at all times. No major camera or controls issues either. Level design could be better given the context of the game, but at least it isn't boring. The memory remixing is a nice feature too, and kinda gives an "Inception" feel to the game. In terms of the story and characters, it's very similar to Mirror's Edge, but feels somewhat more developed and significant. Characters are well-developed and the story comes to a nice conclusion with scope for a sequel. There is a perfect balance between story and gameplay. Graphics on highest settings are very sharp for a DX9 Unreal Engine 3 game but then again, so are DmC and Mirror's Edge. Even though the game isn't too demanding on hardware, I struggled to get anywhere near 50 or 60 frames per second with an i5-3470, Radeon HD 7850 and 8GB RAM. This is no issue though, since the game still plays and looks great without any spikes in framerate. In conclusion, Remember Me doesn't rewrite the rulebook for action-adventure games; nor does it make significant advancements in any particular aspect. But it is a high quality yet different game which definitely deserves more credit than the critics are giving it. Expand
  30. Jun 11, 2013
    Greatly under-rated game. I think too many people have a stick up their ass since the release of Bioshock infinite and other brilliant games. This game isn't perfect, but it does have a great story, visuals and setting. The combat isn't great, however I did find it challenging in parts and enjoyable enough for me to play at least 6 hours straight (I think I spent 9-10 hours completing it).Greatly under-rated game. I think too many people have a stick up their ass since the release of Bioshock infinite and other brilliant games. This game isn't perfect, but it does have a great story, visuals and setting. The combat isn't great, however I did find it challenging in parts and enjoyable enough for me to play at least 6 hours straight (I think I spent 9-10 hours completing it).

I recommend playing this game, however don't play it if you're expecting the next Bioshock Infinite.
  31. Jul 9, 2013
    imagine a mix of mirrors edge, tomb raider, street fighter, with the graphics of unreal tournament 3. thats basically what it is.

but not in a bad way. i had a lot of fun playing this, seriously. the game includes so many new ideas, a good story and an incredible use of the unreal engine. leveldesing, especially the later stages, the reflections, the light effect and details

but not in a bad way.
    i had a lot of fun playing this, seriously.

leveldesing, especially the later stages, the reflections, the light effect and details simply amazing.

the music and sounds are matching, the controls are simple.
    i point that out because some noobs in the forums complain about "hard controls and weird camera angle". i call this the camera is just moving like at tomb raider, or else.

the only thing i didnt like were the enemies, there could have been more different ones, and i would like to have a litte more open world feeling.
    the game also bugs sometimes when you alt+tab while its running.

all together its a great game and shouldnt be missing in your collection.
  32. Jun 8, 2013
    Playing this on the PC is an absolute treat. I have just this minute completed it and wanted to chip in. Remember me is made from a BRAND NEW STUDIO. And the game blew me away. Sure if you want to nitpick it was very combat, then platform/rinse & repeat at times but for their first game they have done an amazing job. I had to Run FRAPS all through the game just to screenshot some of thePlaying this on the PC is an absolute treat. I have just this minute completed it and wanted to chip in. Remember me is made from a BRAND NEW STUDIO. And the game blew me away. Sure if you want to nitpick it was very combat, then platform/rinse & repeat at times but for their first game they have done an amazing job. I had to Run FRAPS all through the game just to screenshot some of the beauty in this game. The sights are amazing to the point where it had me looking through the artwork in the extras menu and screenshotting those for desktop backgrounds!

In the end you have to experience this if you are looking for something new, or a fan of sci-fi Deus Ex type genre.

I hope this gets great sales and a sequel. Brilliant game.
  33. Jun 7, 2013
    I really liked this game so I'd give it 88/100. The visuals and art style are fantastic on the PC. Even though the game is very linear, I still enjoyed stopping to look at the environment and beautiful designs of rooms. The music is awesome and especially the main theme. Little sound effects like when you successfully pull off a combo are a nice touch as well. The story was actually veryI really liked this game so I'd give it 88/100. The visuals and art style are fantastic on the PC. Even though the game is very linear, I still enjoyed stopping to look at the environment and beautiful designs of rooms. The music is awesome and especially the main theme. Little sound effects like when you successfully pull off a combo are a nice touch as well. The story was actually very interesting. Nilin is a great main character that I cared for. The gameplay is a nice mix and very fun. The combat is different from other games in the genre so it was a breath of fresh air. Once you understand how the timing works and you start creating your own combos from the menu it gets super entertaining. Nilin also has a bunch of really cool abilities to add to the mix during fights against different enemies. People who find this combat too difficult or frustrating are obviously not fans of Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden. Getting around the areas was also well executed with a combination of Nilin's special glove and climbing around like Uncharted. PC optimization is just fine until the very last level where super sampling can easily drop your frame rate. Luckily the scene I'm referring to is very short. Besides for that there are little stutters when the game saves at a checkpoint but that's not very uncommon in games even today.

If Nilin ever gets a sequel...I'm in. Remember you soon.
  34. Feb 4, 2014
    +The game has a very good atmosphere,cool soundtracks and gameplay may not be great but it is not bad also.
    +Story is something very new.
    +Game has about 3 Boss fights and they are all awesome especially madame boss fight. + Memory remix and remembrane are the most special thing about this game and they are really interesting. +Awesome looking levels that will make you stop for a while
    +Story is something very new.
    +Awesome looking levels that will make you stop for a while and stare at the environment.
    the bad:
    -it's only 8 chapters so it's quite short.
    -you are caged in levels although some of them look wide as you can see buildings and water around you.
    -only about 2 or 3 puzzles.
    -all the enemies and important characters that you chase have the same face like captain Trace.
  35. Jun 30, 2013
    Wow! This was a fantastic, emotional journey for me and I loved (almost) every minute of it. There are QTEs and those are the moments I didn't like, but at least you don't die if you fail, just have to try again. The combat is not the focus of this game, although enemies do require a variety of tactics to deal with and I basically had 3 combos I relied on (when I had that many unlocked)Wow! This was a fantastic, emotional journey for me and I loved (almost) every minute of it. There are QTEs and those are the moments I didn't like, but at least you don't die if you fail, just have to try again. The combat is not the focus of this game, although enemies do require a variety of tactics to deal with and I basically had 3 combos I relied on (when I had that many unlocked) reduce cooldown of powers, heal, and do damage. I like that the game introduces new powers and abilities gradually, allowing you time to master them all, and gives hints if you're missing the way to deal with a specific enemy.

All of that is nothing of consequence, though, when you consider the gorgeously realised world and the story that you follow through it. This is the focus of the game and what makes this stand above all others this year so far. I don't care about the best way to click to kill things, what I care about is story crafting and being involved in what is happening at a deeper level. This game delivers in spades and I so hope that another game gets made. What a great vision and slickly executed. Please, if you are unsure of whether to bother with this then DO. Otherwise you will be missing out on a work of art.

It is a shame that this game wasn't better received, even though a lot of the criticism seems to be along the lines of "if only it had done it EVEN better then it would have been fantastic". I loved it. You probably will too, so take a chance!
  36. Oct 19, 2013
    Awesome and smart "Johnny Mnemonic"-like story with sweet graphics, tasty platformer parts and smashing combats what do you need more to remember and love the game? I really satisfied with it. THX Dontnod.
  37. Jun 30, 2013
    I really wanted to like this game but I cant. The graphics are good. The music is awesome. The world is fantastic. But the gameplay is a disaster. Linear gameplay is good but what is to much is to much. The fight system is boring and repetitive. The climbing is even more boring then the fighting. Sadly I cant recommend it.
  38. Jul 10, 2013
    Very rarely do you find a game where it would have been better served to be some kind of movie. This is a game you will remember (heh) for quite some time but you won't always think of great things when it comes to this game.

First the good: this is one of the most original new worlds to come along in forever. The subject matter dealt with is wonderful and it's a clever twist on the classic amnesia backdrop. The characters aren't stellar but they move the story along just fine and the ending is wonderful and refreshing. The memory sequences you play movie director on were very fun. I personally have never done something like that so it was refreshing.

Now the bad: pretty much everything that makes this a game is average or below average. The gameplay is terrible, the poor camera got me killed multiple times at the end during combat and the platforming is pretty poor. When games like Assassin's Creed exist that have perfected the running platforming/combat mixture, there's no reason for this kind of piss poor gameplay all around. The boss battles are ok but the tacked on QTE elements added to them just show laziness on the part of the developer. This game is not God of War and QTE's in general are just so overplayed now. Plus there are only 4 of those great memory sequences in the entire game, meaning you'll experience the best part of the game less than a 1/10th of the time you play this game. There needed to be at least 3-4 more of these sequences in the game, especially toward the beginning.

With everything wrong with this game, I'd still highly recommend people playing it for the story. It's very creative and it would be a shame to allow one of the most original universes to come around in a long time be pushed aside just cause of terrible gameplay. I hope they make a sequel, or better yet, a movie along these same subject lines. This story was meant to be watched and not played and the potential for this universe to shine is very attractive. It's just a shame that a great setting and subject matter have to be bogged down by gameplay elements that are very subpar. Wait for this game to go on sale, which it already has at this point, to pick this up but definitely pick this up and play through it. It's a treat, maybe a soggy mess, but it's still a treat.
  39. Jun 10, 2013
    Review #2:
    Review #2:
    The game world is very diverse. In every chapter new things are implemented. The game keeps being refreshing chapter after chapter. Quiet well planned. The enemies are not just basic, with their own skills and stats, but some enemies have co-exists and boost each others powers. This can be seen by a leaper with a red shielding, making invulnerable Or a soldier with 2 leaper slaves which attack first, these leapers have some kind of connection with it's host. This can be seen with the communication line between master and leaper slaves.

During the battle you try to execute the highest combo, thus earning yourself much more 'exp' points to boost your skills. This game is no longer a buton mashing game, can be, but to really enjoy the game you have to try to use combo's.

Just one impressive game.
  40. Jul 5, 2013
    It is a very, very beautiful and sexy game, with a lot of artistic sense in it. Everybody who has been in free-climbing (as a sport or adventure) can see big influence from that thanks.
    On the other side it could benefit from the better fighting with more strategic ideas in it not just a hysteric left-right mouse buttons pressing added by the space bar and WASD keys... You know, to have a feeling you were smart at the end of the fighting scene, not just that you have quick fingers. After 11 hours of play still do not understand combos what to use and how.
    In any way, didn't regret buying it. Would recommend to everybody with inclination to SF. Graphics is one of the best ever.
  41. Jun 25, 2013
    It's impossible to deny that gameplay is hardly engaging, but it's overly easy not to pay any attention to it thanks to the incredibly immersive world and captivating story, both of which blew mind my mind.
  42. Jun 9, 2013
    After a playthrough on Normal difficulty.

Pros - I found combat to be quick, reactive, and fun. There was enough strategy and tactics to keep it interesting throughout my play. - The art, ambiance, and setting were inspired. The world was well crafted, the levels varied and pretty, it just all came together beautifully. More than willing to explore the world again, was a treat a
    After a playthrough on Normal difficulty.

Pros

- The art, ambiance, and setting were inspired. The world was well crafted, the levels varied and pretty, it just all came together beautifully. More than willing to explore the world again, was a treat a travel.

- The music. A joy to listen to. Energetic and custom made for every punch and footstep.

- Nilin. Well voiced, well acted, well done.

Cons

- The story. The premise is intriguing and thought provoking, to be sure. It started out so good, it had me hooked. But then it rushed head first off a cliff, diving down into a bottomless pit. After the literal world building, getting the travel and combat mechanics working, and making Nilin a decent protagonist, it seems they just didn't have time to flesh out the story to an appreciable degree.

-The supporting cast. Besides Nilin and Edge, everyone else just seemed like a plot device to further the story. No growth, no serious interaction, just there to push the story along then disappearing. Made exploring such a lovely world feel like a cheap amusement park. Such a let down.

- The controls and camera angle. Nitpicking on controls. I fell to my death a LOT because of pressing wrong buttons while hanging off an edge. I got used to it eventually. Trying to move stuff with the Junk Spammer was a painfully slow process, though, during certain scenes. And the camera.. did not want me looking up at all during any part of the game, even when it was almost required. Quite frustrating.

Final thoughts

Frustrating controls and lackluster story aside, exploring the beautiful and vibrant looking world of Neo-Paris was a pleasure. I had fun climbing and kick-boxing my way through the baddies and puzzles presented to me. Nilin was well crafted and a great choice for the setting.

Now that you guys have the game working and have proven you can make a couple awesome characters, expand/flesh out/make a better story. It felt far too rush and slapped together the farther one gets into the game.
  43. Jun 5, 2013
    Clever, thought provoking and full of heart, what Remember Me lacks in innovation, graphical fidelity, and openness it more than makes up for with a stunning setting, incredible visual and audiatory design, and mountains of character. For me, it's a lot like Metro: Last Light. It's not doing anything new, but what it tries to do it does well and that's more than enough to forgive its flaws.
  44. Aug 5, 2013
    Good linear story which took me 14h to complete the game (without rushing through). Graphics are well done and create a dense atmosphere. Gameplay is somewhat simple, and not too difficult at normal setting. Mouse and Keyboard controls are precise and well done, so is the camera system. IMHO if you like tomb raider in a scify setting without too much thinking this is for you.
  45. Jun 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm quite surprised to see such low user review like that when there's actually only 5 users rated this game and most of them were positive reviews.
    Since I haven't played the game yet. I will rate it according to a video I watched yesterday. Link:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IsdYg40qLY
  46. Jun 6, 2013
    This is a great game. It's not going to win GOTY, but that's fine. If you're not turned off by the idea of a game on rails then Remember Me is a gorgeous, nuanced action/sci-fi video game that will be remembered fondly for its narrative and stunning visuals long after people have gotten over its minor gameplay shortcomings.
  47. Jun 15, 2013
    Combat is tight, though the main difficulty comes from managing the order in which you dispatch enemies and maneuvering rather than whether you pull off the combos. The camera is a little loose, you will spend a lot of the combat actively refocusing the camera on the action, the comparison being with the Arkham games and Sleeping Dogs with their much cleverer camera AI. Very immersiveCombat is tight, though the main difficulty comes from managing the order in which you dispatch enemies and maneuvering rather than whether you pull off the combos. The camera is a little loose, you will spend a lot of the combat actively refocusing the camera on the action, the comparison being with the Arkham games and Sleeping Dogs with their much cleverer camera AI. Very immersive story discussing very interesting themes about memories (obviously), power, oligarchy, privatized security and prisons and class warfare in general. Some of these themes are addressed superficially, some are discussed is more depth through gameplay.

The only cliché I have recognized is Nilin’s (protagonist) amnesia, though I’m fine with giving Remember Me a pass for this one as it is used to weave a very interesting story. Quick-Time Events and bosses without life bars need to be culled. I’ve noticed people pointing out the linearity of Remember Me, I’ve also noticed that this wasn’t a complaint of God of War… I don’t think that this is a legitimate gripe since the developers clearly didn’t design any sort of open world and still managed to show the player the future they’ve created. Not every game is sandbox, get over it. 8/10 for consistently satisfying and challenging combat and an interesting story with a believable heroine.
  48. Jun 9, 2013
    What really stands out for me in Remember Me is the artdesign, which is really top-notch! They really got that future setting spot on and filled it with love for detail. Everything from the lead character, enemies, sorroundings is designed to look cool and i often catched myself just looking around and exploring all the details. The artdesign simply fits. Exploring falls a bit shortWhat really stands out for me in Remember Me is the artdesign, which is really top-notch! They really got that future setting spot on and filled it with love for detail. Everything from the lead character, enemies, sorroundings is designed to look cool and i often catched myself just looking around and exploring all the details. The artdesign simply fits. Exploring falls a bit short though, the game is strictly linear with no alternative routes to your objective, alternative routes usually lead to the collectable goodies, which make your character stronger.

I have to give kudos to the developers to give the lead role to a female character, and she is a very stylish chick, her outfit is really slick and i loved how they put extra effort into her animations. Nilin has idle animations and constantly checks her sorroundings while running, you can even walk if you feel like it. I had the impression that they borrowed a few ideas from other games.

Combat system has a punch and a kick and consists of premade button sequences, which you unlock on the course of the game and then you can customize those with specialized attacks, to fit your style. Attacks can be: Damage, Regenerative, Cooldown-reducing and Booster which boost the previous attack in the chain. The combo menu might be a bit confusing at the start, but once you experiment a little bit you get the hang of it quickly. Nilin also has some ultimates which give her an edge in combat and are at some points necessary to progress through the fight.

Another nice feature is Nilin's special ability to alter memories of other people, while very interesting to explore all the possible outcomes, there is only 1 correct solution and i was hoping there are more sequences like this, but overall you cannot use this power very often in the game. Imo a lost opportunity.

The story of the game is straight forward and is definitely something new and interesting. The game is supported with an excellent soundtrack, which really underlines the dystopian athmopshere of the world.

Final Verdict: Overall i really enjoyed the game, the visuals are absolutely gorgeous and the combat system is interesting, but can get repetetive, but the game always throws interesting enemy compositions at you. My major negative points are: 1) The linearity, there is little exploring or alternative routes. 2) The memory remix sequences fall a bit short. 3) Filmgrain, which you can't disable via option and have to use texmod modificatrion to get rid of. This is personal preference, but i really hate filmgrain in games.

My score of 7/10 is not just copied from the critic reviews, imo this score really fits for this game, it's a "GOOD" Game with untouched potential. I can definitely give a clear recommendation for this game and i really hope that the developers and Capcom consider additional content or even a sequel to it, it would be definitely worth it!
  49. Jun 4, 2013
    Remember Me is an awesome game. It’s sometimes frustrating with it's difficulty, but it also transports you to an amazing world with striking designs, a deep culture, and interesting characters. The game might rely a little too heavily on “been there, done that” elements of play, but when it breaks from the norm and it does so often it hands players power and a sense of freedom inRemember Me is an awesome game. It’s sometimes frustrating with it's difficulty, but it also transports you to an amazing world with striking designs, a deep culture, and interesting characters. The game might rely a little too heavily on “been there, done that” elements of play, but when it breaks from the norm and it does so often it hands players power and a sense of freedom in experimentation. Expand
  50. Jun 9, 2013
    Excellent industrial design, great music and an unusual, interesting history.

-Limited exploration
    -Linear
    -Lack of branching story line
    -Capcom's inevitable marketing practices e.g DLC
    -Very slow start
  51. Jul 11, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game. It has great graphics and stunning environments, great music, and I loved the sci-fi plot. Definitely nice to have an interesting new plot. The game play is alright. The memory remix is a welcome mechanic, and really fits in well with the game. It's linear, but it fits with Remember Me's story. The combat isn't overly challenging (I played on normal) but some ofI really enjoyed this game. It has great graphics and stunning environments, great music, and I loved the sci-fi plot. Definitely nice to have an interesting new plot. The game play is alright. The memory remix is a welcome mechanic, and really fits in well with the game. It's linear, but it fits with Remember Me's story. The combat isn't overly challenging (I played on normal) but some of the fights are interesting. The story and visual/environmental design absolutely are the strong points of Remember Me. If you like sci-fi at all, you won't want to miss this it's a lot of fun. I look forward to whatever Dontnod makes next. Expand
  52. Jun 30, 2013
    Nice mix between Mirror's Edge and Assasins Creed, Also enjoyed the story, the way combos are performed and all the movements that our girl can do! I do anjoyed this game!
  53. Jun 4, 2013
    $50 for a 6 hour game? The combat get quirky and the levels are highly linear. The story is very flat and has little to no acceleration. It's just not worth the money at all. Perhaps if this were an indie developer pricing their game fairly ($10-20), I could recommend the game. As it stands, Capcom is trying to steal your money and give very little in return.
  54. Jul 29, 2013
    Beautiful setting, amazing story. Combat is well above average but the meat of the game is how immersed you'll be in the world of Neo Paris. Forget the payola sucking reviewers wanting another soulless shooter. If you can appreciate games as art and enjoy a good story you'll cherish every moment of this roughly ten hour game. If you're a gamer (and I use the term loosely) who only findsBeautiful setting, amazing story. Combat is well above average but the meat of the game is how immersed you'll be in the world of Neo Paris. Forget the payola sucking reviewers wanting another soulless shooter. If you can appreciate games as art and enjoy a good story you'll cherish every moment of this roughly ten hour game. If you're a gamer (and I use the term loosely) who only finds joy in rushing through games without truely experiencing them? Get out--I mean... you might wanna pass on this. Expand
  55. Apr 20, 2014
    Let me start off by saying the first 2 hours were horrible. But after that what seems like a crappy Assassin's Creed clone blooms into a beautiful dynamic game. It has a very original 1984 esque story with some of the best character development to date. You can tell the creators really bled themselves dry to create something that will be remembered for decades to come.
  56. Jun 9, 2013
    I don't get why people are complaining about the combat? If you read watched anything about the combat, it's basically another button mashing game. I knew what I was going into before I bought it. To me, it has more flexible combat due to combos. You can't button mash X constantly. You actually have to land combos. It's a fun combat system in all honestly. I love the idea of being able toI don't get why people are complaining about the combat? If you read watched anything about the combat, it's basically another button mashing game. I knew what I was going into before I bought it. To me, it has more flexible combat due to combos. You can't button mash X constantly. You actually have to land combos. It's a fun combat system in all honestly. I love the idea of being able to have different combos. Do I need high DPS? 4 damage Presence (the items you put into combos) then a double Presence at the end that double the entire combo. Do I need fast healing? Swap out all those Presences for healing ones with a double at the end. I can change combos on the fly. It's wonderful.

I'm only into Episode 3 I think. Not far. But I love the setting. I love the stealing memories and remixing memories. And using the memories to find collectable is interesting, very easy, but still fun at the same time. Story is pretty good. Original, different, etc.

I got this game for $35 through Groupon. Would recommend it if you like Batman:AA Batman: AC. Will update when I finish the game.
  57. Jun 8, 2013
    This game is almost a gem. It has unique very interesting cyberpunk world, good, sometimes even great visuals and pretty fresh gameplay.
    But there is a flaws. Combat reminds a Batman: Arkham games, but it far less polished and so less interesting. Combo system is fun, but it's too flat, it feels like some concept, or prototype. Acrobatic part of the game feels boring. Some character animations looks not as good as in other modern AAA-games. Camera works bad. And most sad thing main feature of this game memory remixing episodes. It is a great idea, and ot looks awesome. But it almost unplayable, and things that player should do in this episodes are uninteresting and always doubtful.
  58. Jun 14, 2013
    It's a game of hits and misses. The combat system initially presents itself as intuitive and free flowing but soon you realize how run of the mill it really is. The game has a great atmosphere with great colouring and depth but then has you essentially on rails the whole game. Graphically this game is quite impressive on the PC. The movement system is so stuck in the past its disturbing.It's a game of hits and misses. The combat system initially presents itself as intuitive and free flowing but soon you realize how run of the mill it really is. The game has a great atmosphere with great colouring and depth but then has you essentially on rails the whole game. Graphically this game is quite impressive on the PC. The movement system is so stuck in the past its disturbing. At the end of the day this game results simply in pretentious twaddle that is meaningless and for a game that is story heavy this is unforgivable. Expand
  59. Jun 12, 2013
    İnsteresting idea, nice graphics but gameplay and story cant get me. And the end is nosense for me I dont wanna spoiler with it. But it was horrible i think.
  60. Jun 11, 2013
    This game is in fact a solid 8.0. But I am giving it a 9 since so many reviewers seem to be so polarized.
    Positives: Music, voice acting, soundtrack, graphics, character development and story are superior to most "interactive movies" that I have played.
    Negatives: Game is devoid of choices or freedom. I will say however this is a common sacrifice game developers make for the sake of story. Just know when you buy the game that it is basically an interactive movie progressed by button combinations. Not a game with any RPG elements, choices or freedom.
  61. Jun 5, 2013
    this game is awesome, the graphics, the music, the story, all of them are very engaging. Play yourself this game before listen to angry nerds whit hedonist view of games, you will not regret.
  62. Mar 19, 2014
    Unskippable cutscenes. Incomprehensible QTEs. Bizarre mouse and keyboard controls. Awkward combat. Broken combo system. Constant crashes to desktop.
  63. Jun 4, 2013
    I will admit I was excited for this game. I felt it would have been a create mix between Assassin's Creed (for the climbing and going after high valued targets seemed to be indicative of this), Batman Arkham Asylum/City (the fighting style seemed to resemble this), and Deus Ex: Human Revolution (for the futuristic aspect and the environment interaction with the HUD).Before I begin into theI will admit I was excited for this game. I felt it would have been a create mix between Assassin's Creed (for the climbing and going after high valued targets seemed to be indicative of this), Batman Arkham Asylum/City (the fighting style seemed to resemble this), and Deus Ex: Human Revolution (for the futuristic aspect and the environment interaction with the HUD).Before I begin into the negatives of this game, let me point to some of the more positive of the game.

-The voice acting is wonderful. Whenever the first cut scene played, it truly bought into the story of the three people who told the viewer of how wonderful the memory technology was and the elderly woman's story and voice acting made me feel as if that was a real person.
    -The story created a desire for me to go forward and find out what was around the corner. Although the names Capcom gives some of their characters breaks the illusion of this game being a game about survival, sabotage, kickin' in faces, and being public enemy number one.
    -Being able to create your own combos was such an interesting ideal that it warrants being a positive; however, the execution was a bit underwhelming.
    -Remixing memories was such an enjoyable trail-and-error aspect.

Now that I have got that out of the way. Here are some of the things I felt (and you may feel) made the game lesser than what it could have been.

-It leads you by the hand... Forcibly. I played on the hardest difficulty (Memory Hunter) and was still bombarded with an icon that tells me where to go when I am climbing with no discernible way to turn this off. It is as if it did not even trust you find your way, to make your own mistakes when climbing to a location, or Capcom felt that did not do a good enough job on some of the camera angles that they felt that it would be necessary to put an icon at every ledge you should go to.
    -Do you like the thrill of exploring (even in linear games) and finding upgrades for yourself? It is as if the game thinks you have around two brains cells and gives you an image of where an upgrade (for health and focus) is NEARBY. I can understand that they wanted to stick with the whole memory idea and this was another way of introducing their idea, but if you are anything like me, I prefer to make my own mistakes and explore to find collectibles without assistance even if I look in some of the most inane spots to achieve this, you will not enjoy this feature.An apt comparison is Metro Last Light. It took me 12 hours to beat a 7 to 8 hour game because the game created a desire for me to go an explore. I saw buildings in the distance or rooms away from where my OPTIONAL objective locator told me was the right way to go and thought to myself "Is ammo in there? What about another weapon? Journal entry?"
    -I would have loved for an OPTIONAL breadcumb device like in Dead Space to show me where I should be going beyond climbing up. In Dead Space and Metro games bringing up that device caused me to want to explore. I would see "Hey, I need to go here. There is a strong chance that I might not be able to return to this area, so let me explore the other doors." However, in Remember Me, the game although forcibly shows you where to go when climbing, it does not allow to check where your current objective is. There has been multiple times where I have forgone exploring another doorway because I thought it may be where I should go. Turns out it was not and whenever I went through the other doorway, I could not return to the previous location.

The game was alright, but not worth the $50. I would really wait until the game is on sale.
  64. Jul 24, 2013
    This game deserves a MUCH higher rating than it has. It's not a 66. I'm thoroughly enjoying this game. The combat system fights like batman, but you also get to select how each strike in a combo effects your situation. Some strikes can heal you, some can reduce cooldown timers, some add more damage. Ignore the metacritic rating. Watch the gameplay videos. If you think you might like itThis game deserves a MUCH higher rating than it has. It's not a 66. I'm thoroughly enjoying this game. The combat system fights like batman, but you also get to select how each strike in a combo effects your situation. Some strikes can heal you, some can reduce cooldown timers, some add more damage. Ignore the metacritic rating. Watch the gameplay videos. If you think you might like it from that, then play. Expand
  65. Jun 4, 2013
    It's really a shame when game with so much potential falls short. There are a lot of great elements within this game but all of them (except of graphics and music probably) made in a wrong fashion. They made an interesting world you want to explore, but they denied you that and put you in a narrow corridor. They tried to do some fighting in Batman style. While i like that idea but againIt's really a shame when game with so much potential falls short. There are a lot of great elements within this game but all of them (except of graphics and music probably) made in a wrong fashion. They made an interesting world you want to explore, but they denied you that and put you in a narrow corridor. They tried to do some fighting in Batman style. While i like that idea but again they made it wrong. Fighting system in this game is the most stupid thing i ever saw. I like all that climbing in Tomb Rider or Uncharted, but they manage to do something stupid in my opinion even with that. Yeap, huge arrow that tells you where to go. No, i don't want that! I want to figure that myself. And memory remixes? It's a great idea, it's innovative (well, not like we never saw ideas like that before, but that's not a common thing for sure) and so on, but why they used it only a few times?
    This game looks magnificent on paper but in reality it's kind of mediocre. That's a shame. Also i have to point our that AAA games now gave a tendency to became shorter and shorter. As already been mentioned here you can beat this game in 5-6 hours.
  66. Jun 19, 2013
    The game is simply great. Could take 10/10 if it was multiplayer/coop and with some more memory remixes. It's a great interactive movie, with a storyline so well written that it's impossible to not love it, a great immaginary society based on deprivation of will from people and total control from the high levels of the society. The combat system with combos is really nice, play in the hardThe game is simply great. Could take 10/10 if it was multiplayer/coop and with some more memory remixes. It's a great interactive movie, with a storyline so well written that it's impossible to not love it, a great immaginary society based on deprivation of will from people and total control from the high levels of the society. The combat system with combos is really nice, play in the hard difficulty and you'll have nice and hard fights. Expand
  67. Jan 1, 2014
    I enjoyed this game. The visuals are super. The audio was a bit scary as the cutting-out and repeat in music made me think my machine was having trouble; but no, it is just the way the sound is composed. The customizable combos might be a good idea, but I ended up using the 2-length punch combo all the time. Some boss fights were annoying a bit and had to look up the solution. Remixing wasI enjoyed this game. The visuals are super. The audio was a bit scary as the cutting-out and repeat in music made me think my machine was having trouble; but no, it is just the way the sound is composed. The customizable combos might be a good idea, but I ended up using the 2-length punch combo all the time. Some boss fights were annoying a bit and had to look up the solution. Remixing was fun and I managed to "accidentally" get some extra achievements with them. The story is interesting and the corridor-like gameplay didn't disturb me at all. Some aspects reminded me of Bungie's old action game Oni (2001). I bought it on a sale but was well worth the money. Expand
  68. Jun 5, 2013
    Without a doubt, the most boring game i played in the last 2 years, i got it through steam with a gift card and oh boy was i disappointed..

Its like the game forces you to feel stupid! Its hand holding you the entire game, super easy and so boring i had to read Cracked on the side to i wont feel like i wasted 50$ (which i did) Every (extremely linear) mission is the same. you run

Every (extremely linear) mission is the same. you run climb some bars you fight (very easy fights, i failed to die once on the hardest level) for 2 minutes, rinse and repeat untill boss and then the memory reconstruction (and thats pretty cool tbh, the only cool part in the entire game)

The story could have been great tbh but i got so angry from the gameplay that my mind didnt invest. Furthermore, i HATE monologuing!! This game does it, and allot..

Great game if your a novice player just starting hes first few games and your mind is "flexible".
    godawful boring game if your a seasoned player that is here for the gameplay and story.
  69. Jun 5, 2013
    To sad the truth, I am not fan of games that have similar fighting mechanic.
    Right now I am about at 30% of game progress and I am absolutely enjoying every minute in this game.
    To sad the truth, I am not fan of games that have similar fighting mechanic.
    Interesting story line, nice soundtrack, nice level design, nice graphic, fighting mechanic is not confusing, just need to use a little of your head. Also absolutely love "memory remix" scenes and how these working.
    Game disadvantages few times camera was crazy, also bad mouse acceleration, but it is not making problems. Also, I don't know is it minus or plus, but I expected open world, which isn't in this game, but feels open and huge.
  70. Jun 8, 2013
    This game is a gem that is likely to remain under-rated due to the simple fact it is not a game style or a setting that will be appreciated by everyone.

Most critic reviews have complained about the game being 'linear' and having a 'constricted; level design; both, while true, are in no way a deciding factor in whether a game is good or not; heck Bioshock Infinite was linear and yet is probably one of the best games of this decade.

Remember me has a memorable setting and lead; an excellent soundtrack, an intuitive combat system and most importantly is not another 'me too' FPS/TPS with guns and bulky dudes. It also is NOT an easy game, we seem to get more and more of those these days as all games try to tend to a larger audience.

The visuals in particular are breathtaking, particularly on the PC with Supersampling ON.

If you are a fan of sci-fi cyberpunk you should not miss this one; it is well worth your $60
  71. Jul 1, 2013
    I was originally a bit skeptical about this game. And I will say the number one flaw in this game is the combat system is a bit bland and repetitive, and given the beautiful environment you had it would have been nice to be given a bit more of a option to explore around and such. While I do agree this is a lot of like a cinema game where a lot of the time you spend will be watching theI was originally a bit skeptical about this game. And I will say the number one flaw in this game is the combat system is a bit bland and repetitive, and given the beautiful environment you had it would have been nice to be given a bit more of a option to explore around and such. While I do agree this is a lot of like a cinema game where a lot of the time you spend will be watching the story progress through cut-scenes. The actual story itself is something I enjoy watching. I would say you should wait for a steam sale or something of that matter before going out and purchasing it. Expand
  72. Jun 8, 2013
    Was really curious and got the game on release date(steam). Really big disappointment. I for once agree with most of the reviews that are giving it an average score. Nice ideas, but not really integrated into immersive and/or enjoyable gameplay. Bosses are either fun, or frustration. Controls for pc were "just done." Pity, it had such potential. The story might have been compelling too,Was really curious and got the game on release date(steam). Really big disappointment. I for once agree with most of the reviews that are giving it an average score. Nice ideas, but not really integrated into immersive and/or enjoyable gameplay. Bosses are either fun, or frustration. Controls for pc were "just done." Pity, it had such potential. The story might have been compelling too, but instead you can just see one cliche after another. I wish well to the developers though. Next time perhaps... Expand
  73. Sep 26, 2014
    game is highly underrated blame the reviewer sites for giving mediocre scores it deserves 8.5/10.graphic details in episode 2 is amazing.very good story evoking emotions(makes me remember last of us not as emotional journey as last of us).involves morality,politics in backdrop(makes me remember story of bio shock series) its told in an interesting manner.clunky controls and ridiculous icongame is highly underrated blame the reviewer sites for giving mediocre scores it deserves 8.5/10.graphic details in episode 2 is amazing.very good story evoking emotions(makes me remember last of us not as emotional journey as last of us).involves morality,politics in backdrop(makes me remember story of bio shock series) its told in an interesting manner.clunky controls and ridiculous icon for jumping,after you get hang of it fighting system with combos keeps fights interesting.story telling in form of memories is very good Expand
  74. Jun 18, 2013
    A game of remarkable beauty, intriguing storyline, and so much potential just crushed by its own boring gameplay. This game is definitely worth the playthru, but sadly doesn't live up to the level of expectations it easily could have. Emphasizing the games uniqueness such as memory remixing, deep storytelling, or exploring of their vast, stunning, gritty world would have made this gem aA game of remarkable beauty, intriguing storyline, and so much potential just crushed by its own boring gameplay. This game is definitely worth the playthru, but sadly doesn't live up to the level of expectations it easily could have. Emphasizing the games uniqueness such as memory remixing, deep storytelling, or exploring of their vast, stunning, gritty world would have made this gem a diamond. Instead, because of the stale fisticuffs gameplay that has been tried a billion times before, and an emphasis on forcing players to travel through linear corridors like Final Fantasy XIII, you have a scuffed piece of silver: still nice to look at, but nothing special.

All it needed was a little polish and a little extra care to go that extra mile and be truly unique. This, sadly, was not given.
  75. Aug 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Some games should just be movies and forget the whole gameplay element. Some people have taken this to heart and turned for instance Heavy Rain into a movie by recording and editing a game walkthrough.

Remember Me to me offers perfectly forgettable gameplay inter-spaced by a decent and interesting story. It doesn't get as bad as later Final Fantasy games were you just wished you could murder the guy that keeps tacking on yet more corridors filled with boring enemies but this game is the complete opposite of the early Tomb Raider games, I couldn't tell you their story but still remember some gameplay sections vividly. Just a few hours of later I could tell you about the early game sections of Remember Me but I do remember the story very clearly.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who doesn't want a heavy dose of story with a light touch of gaming. This isn't a Deus Ex (although the story setting is very familiar if more intimate) with lots of exploring and freedom and choices. This is on rails story game where you have the task of getting from A to B, clearing a room of enemies and remixing peoples memories.

And if the last idea has you all excited. Don't. It is an interesting concept but only used a handful of times, is awfully finicky and there is only ONE right solution although you can watch and see what the wrong combo's do.

The combat is forgettabe, a clone of the batman games although thankfully without the annoying habbit of getting killed by a dozen enemies with shotguns.

Good story.
    Average combat.
    On rails platform jumping.

But the story saves a lot... although truth be told, the main story is good, the world itself is pretty sterile. Things happen in it but you never feel connected, the game is actually really devoid of detail and supporting characters.

All in all, I rate it an 8. It is not a master piece but it did amuse me, I liked the story and it just worked, no broken gameplay, no unbeatable bosses. A competent game, play it for a bargain price when you need to waste a few hours with some simple gaming a nice "make you think but not to deeply" story.
  76. Jun 21, 2013
    An interesting game, that is pretty much you can say at this moment. Remember Me has potential and is a good start of a new IP, and a good start from a new developer.

The unique thing about this game is the atmosphere of where everything is going to take place: Neo-Paris in 2084. It doesn't give me the traditional sci-fi feeling, more a post-apocalypse feeling somehow (probably because some regions in Neo-Paris are abandoned and are now the area of living for the Leapers, some kind of mutated humans). I never felt the same thing for an atmosphere in a game, Remember Me is truly unique, especially because there is an awesome soundtrack.

Other pro's are the combo's: You can create your own combo's and choose what advantages you want. While you play, you will collect items, that will include Intel about Neo-Paris, about the people you will meet or unlock Art Work and 3D models.

Unfortunatly, there are some cons as well: Camera is a bit clumsy, no decent targeting system in combat, and (normal) fights can take ages. Graphics are mmkay, not that great. Completing the story will take you only about 4-6 hours, not that long in other words.

Remember Me won't be the greatest game of this year, but it won't be the worse either. It is, however, the best debut of the year. Dontnod has proven they're gameworthy, and I can't wait to see what they will make in the future.
  77. Jul 29, 2013
    Excellent art work and GUI design in combination with stupid combat system, non-existent gameplay, corridor-like levels and annoying cutscenes.
    After you've watched all the endless (but very nice looking) cutscenes, they give you 30 seconds to run forward a bit, then show another cutscene, another 30 secs, and another cutscene. The designer just doesn't let you play and keeps interrupting you with the cutscenes. It feels more like a movie than a game.
    There is no mouse control in any of the menus which is very annoying when you attempt to configure all those combos.
    The scenery is extremely detailed and looks as if you do lots of things, go to all kind of directions and places, but all of this is just fake. It's non-interactive, there is only one ledge to jump to, only one way to go.
    Stupid, pointless and worthless game where so many art assets are just wasted. Cmon, I just don't understand how you managers can have so little respect for the artists whom you force to illustrate the garbage you are producing.
  78. Oct 10, 2014
    Absolutely enjoyed this game. It is however cut scene heavy and the game play is slightly repetitive, especially the platforming.

However an absolutely A+ story and setting, well worth the time.
  79. Jun 12, 2013
    I honestly really enjoyed this game. Lets start out with the pros. The environment looks great, i mean really really good. it's nice to see that the game's developers put a lot of time and effort into making Neo-Paris. Next, Nilin is an awesome character, and her voice actor delivers her lines very well. The game's story is also a really cool concept. The Sensen is basically a secondI honestly really enjoyed this game. Lets start out with the pros. The environment looks great, i mean really really good. it's nice to see that the game's developers put a lot of time and effort into making Neo-Paris. Next, Nilin is an awesome character, and her voice actor delivers her lines very well. The game's story is also a really cool concept. The Sensen is basically a second brain you can buy to store memories inside, so as never to forget them. Sounds great, right? Not for long. Amnesia, memory theft and remixing, and the dreaded Leapers are all byproducts of this thing, and it's up to Nilin to stop it. Sounds pretty cool right? Well, it is, and the story should keep you entertained until the end. Now, onto some of the not-so-good stuff. The game's ending is a little, well, predictable. They could've added a little more in my opinion. Secondly, i can guarantee that the combat system will confuse you. I never really understood it honestly, and i doubt you will either. There are also some really cheap deaths, and when i say cheap, i mean really cheap. How was i supposed to know that the security bot would kill me in one shot, or that i couldn't jump down there. Finally, the bugs. No, not the technological parasites that infest the city, i mean glitches in the game's programming. I had to repeat several fights because the game couldn't register that i had killed everyone in the fight. It's the little things such as this that keep the game from being something truly amazing, though it is still a really enjoyable experience, one that i would recommend to anyone who wants some thing refreshing and new to try out. Expand
  80. Jun 20, 2013
    Remember Me for me is the NIER of 2013 with the only exception being the good looking graphics. Both start off pretty slow, but somewhere around the 25/30% mark of the game it completely sucks you in.
    Pros: A very good plot and narrative Rich atmosphere Awesome soundtrack Good looking A very good second half...
    Cons: Game feels a bit like chore in the beginning A bit too much of a
    Cons: Game feels a bit like chore in the beginning A bit too much of a cinematic experience sometimes A semi-good case of inconsistency...
    It's not a near perfect game, but it's absolutely one you should check out just for the experience.
    Remember Me 8.25/10: YEAH!!!
    I really hope we see something again from DONTNOD and their universe
  81. Sep 22, 2013
    A visit to Neo-Paris 2084 itself is worth playing this game. It has good action and puzzles, great storytelling, and an absolutely amazing setting. The environment and the methods that require use of the remixer glove to navigate make me think that this is what Hydrophobia Prophecy, a different game from a defunct indie developer, should have been.

'Remember Me' takes place in a

'Remember Me' takes place in a beautiful futuristic city, with a little cyberpunk slum thrown into the mix. You play as Nilin, a wicked-awesome memory hunter that starts off with her memory being wiped, and goes on an adventure to get her memories back and take down a corrupt system. To help along theway, she has a glove that does everything from opening doors and moving objects (similar to Kate's keytool in Hydrophobia), to taking down enemies like a cannon, and ultimately steal/remix memories.

The climbing and navigating challenges were fun, and there's also a very unique puzzle system, which exists in this game here; remixing memories at major points in the game were pieces of art themselves! However, these were used rarely (only on key characters), but I suppose the writers wanted to emphasize that this was a power not to be abused by the heroine. Still, I wouldn't have minded if they added one or two more events along the way.

The story is interesting and tight, avoiding inconsequential side-quests that don't contribute to anything, and instead opt to let you see the amazing sights around you while pursuing your objectives.

There are several QTEs, which I found a little annoying, but the combo system they have is entertaining and allows for interesting combat. I would really like to see whatever improvements DONTNOD might have planned if we're ever fortunate enough to see Neo-Paris again.

Meanwhile, go and play this game!
  82. Oct 3, 2013
    A story with great unique potential, sadly backed up poorly. Fighting and movement feels awkward, and bossfights and many encounters are so monotonic you want to facepalm your self so hard that your brain is all over the wall behind you.
    While the story seemed ok, i never finished the game, after afew hours of playing i simply felt the lacking and repetetive gameplay and odd steering and camera angles, were not worth to go trough to see how the story would actually end. A shame really.
  83. Jun 4, 2013
    How long does it take most experienced gamers to figure out whether a new release is worth it or not? Probably an hour? I struggled to play this game for that long. Unfortunately, this game is a huge disappointment. I pre-ordered because the previews looked so interesting, but what a waste of money. What could have been an interesting game has turned into a disaster. Very awkward fightHow long does it take most experienced gamers to figure out whether a new release is worth it or not? Probably an hour? I struggled to play this game for that long. Unfortunately, this game is a huge disappointment. I pre-ordered because the previews looked so interesting, but what a waste of money. What could have been an interesting game has turned into a disaster. Very awkward fight controls which are difficult if not nearly impossible to figure out. Basically no tutorial to help navigate keyboard controls. No theme to the story line except for the fact that the character has had her memory wiped out, but after that the action has morphed into fights with other beings which apparently are zombies with no memories. I just could not continue. Do not waste your money. The user scores and the metacritic scores are definitely accurate. Expand
  84. Jun 7, 2013
    I love the game. It's nice to see something with an intelligent story and innovative gameplay. It also qualifies as speculative science fiction, which can be prophetic.
  85. Aug 7, 2014
    Although the combat is somewhat rudimentary and the style of play (and unskippable cut-scenes) limit replayability, the truly brilliant story-line makes this game a must-play. Honestly, the quality of the direction, writing, and score are better than in a lot of major motion pictures. If you have the means (and a 360 pad), definitely check this game out.
  86. Jul 27, 2013
    Remember me is a game which has taken me by surprise. Graphically it is STUNNING at max settings. The fighting does not flow as well as batman or sleeping dogs, however there are some nice custom combos and building up of skills as you progress through the game.

The game is very linear, which is good and bad. The tutorials are good and don't get in the way much. Story is so so but you will be too busy looking at the games scenery to mind too much.

Graphics don't make a good game, they only add to a good game to help make it great. Remember me has it's faults but is not as shallow as some reviews I have seen would make you believe.

I will definitely be recommending it to friends.
  87. Jul 13, 2013
    remember me is great game that has few miss steps that take it from greatness. its also not as deep as it should have been. remember mes world is amazing!!!! theres a great artstyle and architecture. the world is full with cool robots and inventions. the game has cool technology, especially the sensen, which shows you cool things on your journey. the game has a great concept, but it couldremember me is great game that has few miss steps that take it from greatness. its also not as deep as it should have been. remember mes world is amazing!!!! theres a great artstyle and architecture. the world is full with cool robots and inventions. the game has cool technology, especially the sensen, which shows you cool things on your journey. the game has a great concept, but it could have been taken even further the use of the concept in the game is still awesome) the games music is also pretty good and sound design is great. most of the voice acting is good, though some of it was a bit bad. the same can be said for the writing. most of the writing was good though a bit was dumb. the games camera angles are really cool and are used masterfully. i did have few problems when getting close to walls but its nothing major. the world also has cool and interesting notes and collectibles to find. the combat system is great though towards the end it gets a bit repetetive its not really bad). the combo lab is great feauture and i hope other games use it as well. memory remixes are also pretty fun and i hope to see more of them in the future. the games platforming is a bit problematic. the game is just inconsistent to what ledges you can use. this makes the platforming kind of dumb. also a problem is what the w,a,s,d keys do when platforming. they just change all the time and its a bit frustrating. the game also has few invisible walls and i encountered few audio glitches. also the locking system is a bit annoying. the game is linear, which isnt a bad thing, and thats just the king of game it is. if you dont like linear games, then dont get it, but you cant complain about the kind of game it is!!

overall a great game! its concept and interesting world are awesome, and if you like action games that are linear you should definetly get this!!!!!
  88. Jun 5, 2013
    "Remember Me" is a sci-fi story set in a believable world with an equally believable plot that offers quite a lot of fun, but stiff climbing controls, wonky camera positions and awkward combat make this game fall short to its expectations.
  89. Jun 4, 2013
    Punch-sponge enemies, stretched fights, idiotic stuff (healing strikes wut?), climbing, badly placed checkpoints, QTE, unskipable cutscenes, uninspiring plot, total linearity.
  90. Jun 9, 2013
    I think ill definitely remember, remember me because of the game's atmosphere created by its more than top of the line music, and its fighting system which felt similar to one of the most enjoyable fighting systems in a game (arkham city), without being a worst version of it(sleeping dogs) anyone who enjoys a story worth its own Hollywood movie, or a futuristic dystopic atmospheric shouldI think ill definitely remember, remember me because of the game's atmosphere created by its more than top of the line music, and its fighting system which felt similar to one of the most enjoyable fighting systems in a game (arkham city), without being a worst version of it(sleeping dogs) anyone who enjoys a story worth its own Hollywood movie, or a futuristic dystopic atmospheric should definitely get this.

GAMEPLAY: 9/10
    STORY:8/10
    SETTING:10/10
  91. Jun 7, 2013
    This game is amazing. The science fiction here is better than in most movies. The graphics are good, too. And Neo Paris is the best game environment I've seen in years.

Truly, it's linear. But what is the problem? I think a good game for comparison would be Deus EX Human Revolution. And Remember is much better than DEXHR, which received great reviews. Congrats devs! Thank you Capcom!

Congrats devs! Thank you Capcom! This game is amazing, despite of the reviews.

The best game I played this year so far.
  92. Jun 4, 2013
    Polaris1020 8 Remember Me is destined to be overlooked, which is sad. One thing is for sure: It is a true underrated gem.

I'm about mid-way in the game, and it is a fantastic and hypnotic game, captivating me with it's beautiful and heavily detailed world. The setting is the first thing you'll notice; vivid, unconventional colors blot this world, and it is a feast for the eyes.

Combat works and plays out like Batman, but not quite as fluid. The ability to change up your combos makes for a refreshing experience each time. Enemies are can be quite tough in numbers--especially when they differ in types, forcing you to use different tactics for various enemies. Button mashing won't get you very far.

The platforming and exploration are the weakest links, as they are far too scripted. You never get a sense that you're in immediate danger from scaling walls. And exploration is so linear, so confined, which is a shame considering Neo-Paris is a major sight to behold.

Memory Remixes are the star of Remember Me, setting it apart from other action/adventure games. Basically, you can hack into peoples memories and alter things, changing the outcome of their behavior. It's fun to mess around and experiment. Not to mention, the memory remixes give great insight into Nilin's character; you really get a sense that she is conflicted with the ethics of what she is doing, which, in my opinion, makes her a very human character to which we can relate.

The story... I won't elaborate about it. You really need to experience it for yourself because it will blow you away. Some of the writing is awful, though. But most of it works.

Overall, fantastic game. The story and lore are the strongest aspects. The game play is, for the most part, solid. Remember Me gets an 8/10 for me.
  93. Jul 3, 2013
    I'm about 1/3 of the way through and gotta say, its much better than I expected, I'm really enjoying it. Sure its linear, but thats necessary for storytelling. The gameplay is also nice and fluid, feels like tomb raider, assassins creed 3 and a platform game rolled into one. I like a good storyline, and the ability to manipulate memories in certain scenes is surprisingly fun. I like theI'm about 1/3 of the way through and gotta say, its much better than I expected, I'm really enjoying it. Sure its linear, but thats necessary for storytelling. The gameplay is also nice and fluid, feels like tomb raider, assassins creed 3 and a platform game rolled into one. I like a good storyline, and the ability to manipulate memories in certain scenes is surprisingly fun. I like the main character, feels realistic and human, I like the story, hell, I even like the linear stage to stage process (which I normally don't). Expand
  94. Jun 8, 2013
    Overall the game has a very good story and some interesting mechanics, however it falls short in the combat system. The combat system revolves around performing combinations and avoiding attacks and little along the lines of strategy or skill. As long as you can hit the dodge button in time you will not get hit at all. Also the world is fairly interesting but you barely get to explore it,Overall the game has a very good story and some interesting mechanics, however it falls short in the combat system. The combat system revolves around performing combinations and avoiding attacks and little along the lines of strategy or skill. As long as you can hit the dodge button in time you will not get hit at all. Also the world is fairly interesting but you barely get to explore it, you are funneled along a route with little incentive to actually explore. The collectibles in this game will get you more health, which is unnecessary, or it gets you more focus, which allows you to use your more powerful skills.

Beyond that the story line is great and the underlying concepts are sound. If they had done more along the lines of remixing memories beyond the 4 times you get to do it in-game it would have boosted the game a little higher.
  95. Jun 3, 2014
    A terribly underrated game, which was obviously very tightly developed. Amazing setting of Neo-Paris, where the only currency are memories - the juicier, the better. Incredible music, blending instrumental sound with a glitchy electronic vibe. The gameplay is a bit simpler and slightly unrefined, since it all boils down to just having the longest, most varied combo and doing it over andA terribly underrated game, which was obviously very tightly developed. Amazing setting of Neo-Paris, where the only currency are memories - the juicier, the better. Incredible music, blending instrumental sound with a glitchy electronic vibe. The gameplay is a bit simpler and slightly unrefined, since it all boils down to just having the longest, most varied combo and doing it over and over again but the fact that you can customize your own combos is something fresh and interesting.
    The writing could have been better at some points but it can hold it's own.

Overall it's a very good game and it's not just a simple button-masher, it has depth as well.
  96. Jun 5, 2013
    I'm also putting in a 10 because you can really tell this game is gorgeous and the story/concept are very non-generic. I'm also thinking that because it's a little different than Mirror's Edge, people aren't liking the isometric changes.
  97. Jul 16, 2013
    A really underrated game! i really enjoyed this game it is great it has a little flaws but it is still a great game the game has amazing graphics and visuals the environment that you play in is so beautiful and incredibly detailed the sounds in this game are just awesome and it has a decent story as well its flaws are in the game play if i could compare the combat in this game toA really underrated game! i really enjoyed this game it is great it has a little flaws but it is still a great game the game has amazing graphics and visuals the environment that you play in is so beautiful and incredibly detailed the sounds in this game are just awesome and it has a decent story as well its flaws are in the game play if i could compare the combat in this game to another game i would compare it to batman arkham city it is not as great as batman but it is also not that bad you create you're own combos which i find really cool aspect but the camera in the game doesn't help and without targeting system it might get a bit frustrating and it would have been better if it was a bit longer but still a great game that you should give a try Expand
  98. Aug 16, 2013
    Super Spiel jeder Cent war es wert!
    Super Story!
    Und Gute Grafik!
    Gute Musik!
    Gameplay ist in Ordnung!
    Macht Super Spaß das Spiel noch mal zu Zocken
  99. Jul 14, 2013
    When you not feeling ADHD, and u can concentrate -and let something take you and float you, move you. This game is A MA ZING experience. You get to that other world! -rather than rage in Dota LoL or CS -As a guy who plays dota cs over 8 hours a day and studies about other 8 hours, game programming, im telling you- its a game that frees you for a moment and takes you away!
  100. Jun 8, 2013
    Overall, a decent game that dabbles into an exciting world but ultimately doesn't reach the level you hope for. Wait for it to go on sale.

Pros: - Excellent setting giving an authentic feel - Perfect music complimenting the game - 'Memory remixes' are the most fun aspect of the game Cons: - Limited interaction between yourself and the world - 'Newbie' tips preventing exploration

Pros:
    - Excellent setting giving an authentic feel
    - Perfect music complimenting the game
    - 'Memory remixes' are the most fun aspect of the game

Cons:
    - Limited interaction between yourself and the world
    - 'Newbie' tips preventing exploration
    - Repetitive combat
    - Very few 'memory remixes'
  101. Jun 9, 2013

GAMEPLAY: 9/10
    STORY:8/10
    SETTING:10/10

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Remember Me is a competent action game that never really excels. The story is wasted and the platforming is poorly implemented with the rest of the game. Still the combat system is interesting and the framing around memories is at least somewhat original.
    A game with great potential, great setting and great music. However, it's knocked down by its incomplete implementation of the original ideas and its frustrating battle system. [Issue#231]
  3. Jul 8, 2013
    There are a lot of ideas packed into this game but I feel like if they would have cut back on a couple of the concepts to focus more on the story then this could have been a real stand out game. As it is now Remember Me is more appealing when it gets cheaper or if you have absolutely nothing to play.