7.3

1. Jun 10, 2013
    the story and environment more than make up for weak combat and platforming mechanics. play it on hard, and enjoy the fluidity of the game, don't expect a huge challenge or massive gameplay innovations. but do expect to get immersed and engaged in the world they've built. a really nice experience.
  2. Jun 6, 2013
    This is a great game. It's not going to win GOTY, but that's fine. If you're not turned off by the idea of a game on rails then Remember Me is a gorgeous, nuanced action/sci-fi video game that will be remembered fondly for its narrative and stunning visuals long after people have gotten over its minor gameplay shortcomings.
  3. Jun 5, 2013
    Clever, thought provoking and full of heart, what Remember Me lacks in innovation, graphical fidelity, and openness it more than makes up for with a stunning setting, incredible visual and audiatory design, and mountains of character. For me, it's a lot like Metro: Last Light. It's not doing anything new, but what it tries to do it does well and that's more than enough to forgive its flaws.
  4. Jun 7, 2013
    *UPDATE!

*UPDATE!

Four days ago I eagerly awaited the release game, and now that it is over I can say without any reserve that this is a game you DO NOT WANT TO MISS. I'll put the ending first for those who don't want to read my entire discourse. I rate "Remember me" as an 8/10, however I've decided to keep my official score as a 10 to help tip the scales. The simple fact is that as valuable as metacritic is, these scores can be the life or death of a game. The same way they can destroy or make a movie, or actor on stage. How many people will skip this game, simply because its not an 8 or higher? "Remember Me" is well crafted, it deserves to be played. DONTNOD Entertainment deserves whatever profits they can get, hopefully enough to encourage more games if not a sequel, which I personally would like to see.

So what games can I compare to "Remember me" to? In my opinion it plays like an assassin's creed warped in a deus ex with a twist (Memories rather than augmentations) The story? Fantastic! Not as good as AC2, or bioshock 1, but better than the ends of either Farcry 3, or deus ex. The combat system was one of genius; and quite frankly something I've been waiting a long time to see. It does have its downfalls eg. the boss battles are repetitive, but unlike AC once I learned this combat system there was never a moment where I had to get my bearings, where combat was too fast, or I was too surrounded. When you add that I was able to, with some restrictions, mold the combos it really puts the player in the action. I stopped worrying about which button at which time and simply enjoyed the game.

Graphics in "Remember me" are a delight to behold. When my computer reported that the game was running in 32bit, and directX 9 I didn't want to believe it. Of course thats the beauty of the unreal engine, from the moment I saw they used it I knew I'd like the game. I do wish they'd used directX 11, I do understand why they didn't but 11 has been out for a while now, and with top end graphic cards now costing half a grand for a single unit.

About the linear qualities of the game. I really do feel this was ultimately the downfall of "Remember Me", and it is why I rate it at 8/10. Below I did list some bugs I experienced, but these were all a minor inconvenience, and could be either limited to my computer or fixed with a patch. Many of the story elements of this game depended on it being linear, I understand that and enjoyed the story. However I believe that there was a lot of wasted potential, especially with the memory remixes in which I wish there was more of. Again I look forward to a sequel.

Errors in "remember me" include: 1) a few subtitle errors, 2) what appear to be some graphical glitches, like a bird stuck in place, and falling through the floor twice. One level appeared all red till I reloaded. 3) The camera is not completely free, it does fight you quite a bit in certain areas.

END OF UPDATE (Original post below)
    I would like to start by stating that I am not an avid video game reviewer, and in fact this is the first I've posting on this website. However, I do like many users look at metacritic scores to "tip the scales" when it comes to buy and judging games. I like many that have already posted, am trying to stop this game from dying before/at release, due to negative/low score. I have only just started this game, and will edit both my score and review later.

To start: The game runs smooth and so far flawless on my system with AMD FX6150, and ATI 6950HD. The music and sounds along with the animation in the menu immediately draw you in. It is clear in just starting it up, like hitman: absolution main menu, that some love went into crafting this game. Options for graphical changes were limited, but in no way hindered either my system, or (from what I can tell) the game in running smoothly.

Upon starting the intro the game loaded extremely fast especially for an HDD, the beginning immediately drew me into the story, my favorite part, and I once again I note care in the games design by a immersive sounds, lighting, sound effects, and small added details to the character's & NPCs clothing, and level design.

This is about as far as I can go so far, but If you read this, I urge you not to go by the current score. I will update this post as I continue to play the game. I am giving it a 10 atm to help balance until I can determine a fair score.
  5. Jun 30, 2013
    Wow! This was a fantastic, emotional journey for me and I loved (almost) every minute of it. There are QTEs and those are the moments I didn't like, but at least you don't die if you fail, just have to try again. The combat is not the focus of this game, although enemies do require a variety of tactics to deal with and I basically had 3 combos I relied on (when I had that many unlocked)Wow! This was a fantastic, emotional journey for me and I loved (almost) every minute of it. There are QTEs and those are the moments I didn't like, but at least you don't die if you fail, just have to try again. The combat is not the focus of this game, although enemies do require a variety of tactics to deal with and I basically had 3 combos I relied on (when I had that many unlocked) reduce cooldown of powers, heal, and do damage. I like that the game introduces new powers and abilities gradually, allowing you time to master them all, and gives hints if you're missing the way to deal with a specific enemy.

All of that is nothing of consequence, though, when you consider the gorgeously realised world and the story that you follow through it. This is the focus of the game and what makes this stand above all others this year so far. I don't care about the best way to click to kill things, what I care about is story crafting and being involved in what is happening at a deeper level. This game delivers in spades and I so hope that another game gets made. What a great vision and slickly executed. Please, if you are unsure of whether to bother with this then DO. Otherwise you will be missing out on a work of art.

It is a shame that this game wasn't better received, even though a lot of the criticism seems to be along the lines of "if only it had done it EVEN better then it would have been fantastic". I loved it. You probably will too, so take a chance!
  6. Jul 10, 2013
    This is very underrated game. I enjoyed this thoroughly despite it's obvious faults. It's fighting style is fluid, it will remind you a bit of batman with other unique abilities and gameplay elements that make it unique. The pacing of the game is solid, I never found myself bored or doing too much of one thing. This is something I dislike about "open world" games. This game is linear andThis is very underrated game. I enjoyed this thoroughly despite it's obvious faults. It's fighting style is fluid, it will remind you a bit of batman with other unique abilities and gameplay elements that make it unique. The pacing of the game is solid, I never found myself bored or doing too much of one thing. This is something I dislike about "open world" games. This game is linear and to the point. The graphics are fantastic on PC but I played it with a controller because I output it to my TV and it felt very comfortable with a controller on the big screen. The sound design and music is top notch, they really went over the top with the glitch style and it works perfectly in this setting where others try and do it and it doesn't fit nearly as well. The story is interesting and unique, you can kind of predict the flow but there's still not a whole lot of games out there that tell a similar story (I can think of a few but I'd rather not spoil it with comparisons).

On the bad side, I experienced a game breaking bug that required me to start from my checkpoint 3 times. A specific combination wasn't triggering the combat to end so it was odd and broke the immersion. There are a few other strange bugs where you weren't able to climb or maneuver correctly. The combat system is enjoyable BUT as many others have mentioned It's a bit disappointing that you can't chain attacks from enemy to enemy. So for example, if you want to do a 5x combo, you have to finish it on a single enemy. If you go up to 3 and then decide to dodge and hit another guy, it starts over. Doesn't feel like you build momentum as well as you should, however the abilities make up for it. The remixing is great, but I almost wish there was more of it. In fact, I wish the game was a few hours longer. It's linear, but almost too linear where you can probably run through the game pretty fast. The good thing is the art is great and every location is different but very cohesive.

As a side note, I got this game for $26 on Green man Gaming and I think it would be well worth $40-50 new. But if it goes on sale and you want to give it a try, I think you'll either really love it or you'll hate it.
  7. Sep 9, 2013
    Truly, I am astounded by these below-average mixed critic scores. There are games which play it safe and rely on conventions which still get around 75 to 80 marks. Then there are games that try to do something new but fail, and these get around 55 to 70 marks. But Remember Me is both unconventional AND good quality. For a genre as diverse as action-adventure, Remember Me makes a very niceTruly, I am astounded by these below-average mixed critic scores. There are games which play it safe and rely on conventions which still get around 75 to 80 marks. Then there are games that try to do something new but fail, and these get around 55 to 70 marks. But Remember Me is both unconventional AND good quality. For a genre as diverse as action-adventure, Remember Me makes a very nice addition. It's what you get if you combine Mirror's Edge with Assassin's Creed and DmC Devil May Cry. It's a third-person platforming combat puzzle game. However, despite what the reviewers say, the game is not disjointed at all. The platforming sections, combat, stealth puzzles and story are interwoven and give the game some variety. The combat consists of punch, kick and dodge. Whilst this may sound repetitive, the key feature is that you are rewarded for using combos, and you can choose how you want to mix and match these rewards from health regen, meter regen or more damage. Whilst it is quite slow and clunky in smaller areas due to the various enemies taking up too much space, it's certainly not as repetitive or broken as some claim it to be. Nowhere near as deep or fluent as Batman Arkham, but still hard-hitting and rhythm based. The platforming is generally very good, with few issues regarding where you can and can't go, because the game shows you where to go at all times. No major camera or controls issues either. Level design could be better given the context of the game, but at least it isn't boring. The memory remixing is a nice feature too, and kinda gives an "Inception" feel to the game. In terms of the story and characters, it's very similar to Mirror's Edge, but feels somewhat more developed and significant. Characters are well-developed and the story comes to a nice conclusion with scope for a sequel. There is a perfect balance between story and gameplay. Graphics on highest settings are very sharp for a DX9 Unreal Engine 3 game but then again, so are DmC and Mirror's Edge. Even though the game isn't too demanding on hardware, I struggled to get anywhere near 50 or 60 frames per second with an i5-3470, Radeon HD 7850 and 8GB RAM. This is no issue though, since the game still plays and looks great without any spikes in framerate. In conclusion, Remember Me doesn't rewrite the rulebook for action-adventure games; nor does it make significant advancements in any particular aspect. But it is a high quality yet different game which definitely deserves more credit than the critics are giving it. Expand
  8. Feb 4, 2014
    +The game has a very good atmosphere,cool soundtracks and gameplay may not be great but it is not bad also.
    +Story is something very new.
    +Game has about 3 Boss fights and they are all awesome especially madame boss fight. + Memory remix and remembrane are the most special thing about this game and they are really interesting. +Awesome looking levels that will make you stop for a while
    +Story is something very new.
    +Awesome looking levels that will make you stop for a while and stare at the environment.
    the bad:
    -it's only 8 chapters so it's quite short.
    -you are caged in levels although some of them look wide as you can see buildings and water around you.
    -only about 2 or 3 puzzles.
    -all the enemies and important characters that you chase have the same face like captain Trace.
  9. Jun 18, 2013
    i totally agree with everything good, that has been said about the game PLUS the fighting system is AWESOME! it does steal from arkhams batman obviously, but it does a good job stealing and even comes with some fresh ideas: check out the kombo-system, that lets you build your own kombos with different effects (damage, healing, cooling time for specials, mulitpicators), then there are thei totally agree with everything good, that has been said about the game PLUS the fighting system is AWESOME! it does steal from arkhams batman obviously, but it does a good job stealing and even comes with some fresh ideas: check out the kombo-system, that lets you build your own kombos with different effects (damage, healing, cooling time for specials, mulitpicators), then there are the special techniques that are ALL usefull and fun. whenever a fight starts you need to check against which kind of enemies you are fighting and really have to make a plan on how to beat them. and the game does a great job in introducing all the possibilities you have and all the varying enemies you are up against.

one little critic, that i haven't read yet: it makes me cry at night, that despite the main story cutscenes there are no dialoges in this game. whats the point in creating such an optically rich enviroment when you don't have the possibility to explore this world and get to know its inhabitants? that's reaaally sad and the only reason i wouldn't score a 10.
  10. Aug 30, 2013
    I really had fun playing Remember Me, and that's what makes a good game in my opinion. The story is great with quiet some unexpected twists and the characters are interesting. Also, i really liked the graphics of the game and the environment of "Neo-Paris". I think they created a great atmosphere there.
    The fighting system, though, is one of the worst ever and i had some trouble getting used to it. The game is also totally linear.
    All in all Remember Me is still a nice experience and really worth playing.
  11. Jun 23, 2013
    So i recently picked it up on steam, aware of the mixed reviews. What i got was a average action adventure, which was not memorable for it's mechanics, after all the freeflow combat was adopted from batman with the only adaptation being the combosystems. Unlike batman however, the combat didn't flow as good, but it was still rewarding enough if you timed it right, and the constant hoppingSo i recently picked it up on steam, aware of the mixed reviews. What i got was a average action adventure, which was not memorable for it's mechanics, after all the freeflow combat was adopted from batman with the only adaptation being the combosystems. Unlike batman however, the combat didn't flow as good, but it was still rewarding enough if you timed it right, and the constant hopping shouldn't break your combatflow (it lets you continue the combo). The combo system is also better than people are giving it credit for, i found it quite intuitive. Platforming could've been done better, but i fear this is a necessary evil due to the relatively narrow/linear area's. I suspect this is the devs first big game, they had limited time and resources and therefore could not create a Tomb Raider('13)-like enviroment. However the design of the levels works, and they help build suspension and build atmosphere, helped by the camera angles and lighting.
    The protagonist is why it scores high in my book. I'm not some drooling fanboy, but i'd like to see more non-male (Marcus Fenix type) Protagonists. Because the game wouldn't have worked without it. And it's shameful to see how contrived the gaming industry is, fearing that the game won't sell if there isn't some MANLY MAN posted on the box cover. No, it will likely not attract the Gears of War crowd...but they have gears of war (and will likely stay there). It will attract a different crowd, people who are interested in atmosphere, immersion, and a catchy story. A crowd that is really underserved at this point. And this is what this game is trying to do, and to a large degree pulls of rather nicely. I hope despite the mixed result the publishers see potential in this game, and won't let it turn into another Beyond Good & Evil. Because that's what this game reminds me off. And what i also love about this game. So my high score is 75% creditted to the game, and 25% for sponsoring new and interesting IP's.
  12. Jul 29, 2013
    Beautiful setting, amazing story. Combat is well above average but the meat of the game is how immersed you'll be in the world of Neo Paris. Forget the payola sucking reviewers wanting another soulless shooter. If you can appreciate games as art and enjoy a good story you'll cherish every moment of this roughly ten hour game. If you're a gamer (and I use the term loosely) who only findsBeautiful setting, amazing story. Combat is well above average but the meat of the game is how immersed you'll be in the world of Neo Paris. Forget the payola sucking reviewers wanting another soulless shooter. If you can appreciate games as art and enjoy a good story you'll cherish every moment of this roughly ten hour game. If you're a gamer (and I use the term loosely) who only finds joy in rushing through games without truely experiencing them? Get out--I mean... you might wanna pass on this. Expand
  13. Jul 16, 2013
    A really underrated game! i really enjoyed this game it is great it has a little flaws but it is still a great game the game has amazing graphics and visuals the environment that you play in is so beautiful and incredibly detailed the sounds in this game are just awesome and it has a decent story as well its flaws are in the game play if i could compare the combat in this game toA really underrated game! i really enjoyed this game it is great it has a little flaws but it is still a great game the game has amazing graphics and visuals the environment that you play in is so beautiful and incredibly detailed the sounds in this game are just awesome and it has a decent story as well its flaws are in the game play if i could compare the combat in this game to another game i would compare it to batman arkham city it is not as great as batman but it is also not that bad you create you're own combos which i find really cool aspect but the camera in the game doesn't help and without targeting system it might get a bit frustrating and it would have been better if it was a bit longer but still a great game that you should give a try Expand
  14. Jun 13, 2013
    This game is a little piece of art itself. After you get through the tutorial (which is pretty well implemented, very immersive) you get in love with the ambientation and the world that the guys from Dontnod Entertainment have created. Ok, the combat system may be not as complex as say Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, etc. But it actually is very fun, the Combo Lab is a really interesting toolThis game is a little piece of art itself. After you get through the tutorial (which is pretty well implemented, very immersive) you get in love with the ambientation and the world that the guys from Dontnod Entertainment have created. Ok, the combat system may be not as complex as say Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, etc. But it actually is very fun, the Combo Lab is a really interesting tool that should be definetly considered for future games of the genre. The level of exploration may be easy and a little linear, but you get to search really well to find all of the easter eggs, and some jumps/animations while doing some platforms are really awesome in my opinion. The levels where you have to remix the memories of a person are simply amazing, again really immersive, you feel completely like playing God.
    But the thing that really impressed me the most was the characters. All of them really polished and created with love. You are going to love Nilin, you are going to love Neo-Paris and you definetly are going to love the soundtrack, which I have to say, it's probably one of the best of the year.

If you like action but you don't consider a "super pro" at the genre, and you like well written stories and emotional characters... believe me, this is your game. You won't be dissapointed.
  15. Jun 18, 2013
    positive aspects: the main reason, i give this game a 10/10 rating, is it´s story and the atmosphere it creates. first of all, i´m a sci-fi-fan, and there aren´t that many really unique sci-fi-games out there. so here we got a game, that presents a setting unlike the usual post-apocalyptic or horror-fps-stuff. the setting and story are really refreshingly new, the art-style of the gamepositive aspects: the main reason, i give this game a 10/10 rating, is it´s story and the atmosphere it creates. first of all, i´m a sci-fi-fan, and there aren´t that many really unique sci-fi-games out there. so here we got a game, that presents a setting unlike the usual post-apocalyptic or horror-fps-stuff. the setting and story are really refreshingly new, the art-style of the game also. you´ve got moments with comic-art, moments with distortion effects, all very nice. finally the story: it´s based on a nice idea, it´s a creative approach, and there are some nice surprises. even though the end is a little bit predictable, it comes to a satisfying end, not leaving questions unanswered or making stupid cliff-hangers to introduce a planned "remember me 2". and that´s more than almost any game can offer i have played in the last couple of years.

neutral: the game is quite short. some people, like me, might find this positive, some people might be disappointed. i think, this game tells it´s story straight forward, and although i enjoyed every second of it, i´m happy, it doesn´t have any unnecessary lengths. it gives you a few days of excitement, and is finished, before it gets repetitive or boring.

negative: sometimes i struggled with the controls. but usually i buy games not sooner than 6 months after release, when the worst bugs have been patched away and things got a little bit polished. so for a 1-week-old release it´s ok, but i hope, till i will give this game a replay, it will have received some patches concerning the controls.
  16. Jun 22, 2013
    This may be one of the best games of this year. It encompasses a limited, yet beautifully thought up environment with fantastic very customizable gameplay and an amazing plot. on PC there are some choices you can recognize that would be much better with a controller, but it makes up for it with more than fantastic graphics (there's this setting I've never seen before called super-sampling.This may be one of the best games of this year. It encompasses a limited, yet beautifully thought up environment with fantastic very customizable gameplay and an amazing plot. on PC there are some choices you can recognize that would be much better with a controller, but it makes up for it with more than fantastic graphics (there's this setting I've never seen before called super-sampling. It makes everything look amazing but it can lower frame rates.)
    overall this game is one that shall hold a place in my heart for many years to come, and I cannot recommend it enough
  17. Aug 13, 2013
    This game deserves more than 7.2, I'd give it a solid 8.5.
    Pros:
    Beautiful graphics
    Interesting background story and plot
    Very good voice acting (especially the main character)
    Strong female protagonist
    Great combat
    Fantastic music

Cons
    Camera angle is a bit hard to control at points
    Encountered a couple of minor bugs

Overall, definitely worth playing hope for a free roam sequel?
  18. Dec 31, 2013
    I like this game very much perhaps its the pastiche of Philip K. Dick and William Gibson themes, reminders of other games like Deus Ex; Remember Me feels like something out of Metal Hurlant with its story, characters and cyberpunk stylings. Nice flourishes like a memory "remixes" are the most fun parts, yet sadly are not capitalized on. Gameplay is something we've all seen before in aI like this game very much perhaps its the pastiche of Philip K. Dick and William Gibson themes, reminders of other games like Deus Ex; Remember Me feels like something out of Metal Hurlant with its story, characters and cyberpunk stylings. Nice flourishes like a memory "remixes" are the most fun parts, yet sadly are not capitalized on. Gameplay is something we've all seen before in a third person brawler; very reminiscent of Rocksteady's Arkham Asylum (Dontnod can hardly be blamed wishing to emulate that game). A linear title, but a pretty one, and quite enjoyable. Expand
  19. Nov 16, 2014
    I picked this game up in a Steam sales because it looked interesting without any expectations and it blew me away! This game was simply the best cyberpunk experience I ever played. Beautiful artful graphics (Neo Paris looks breathtaking), great electro music especially towards the end of the game and an truly awesome story (especially appealing to someone who has own kids). I completed theI picked this game up in a Steam sales because it looked interesting without any expectations and it blew me away! This game was simply the best cyberpunk experience I ever played. Beautiful artful graphics (Neo Paris looks breathtaking), great electro music especially towards the end of the game and an truly awesome story (especially appealing to someone who has own kids). I completed the story in 15 hours and to me this game didn't feel more repetitive than Assassins Creed or the Batman Arkham games. Expand
  20. Jun 25, 2013
    It's impossible to deny that gameplay is hardly engaging, but it's overly easy not to pay any attention to it thanks to the incredibly immersive world and captivating story, both of which blew mind my mind.
  21. Aug 5, 2013
    Good linear story which took me 14h to complete the game (without rushing through). Graphics are well done and create a dense atmosphere. Gameplay is somewhat simple, and not too difficult at normal setting. Mouse and Keyboard controls are precise and well done, so is the camera system. IMHO if you like tomb raider in a scify setting without too much thinking this is for you.
  22. Jun 30, 2013
    Nice mix between Mirror's Edge and Assasins Creed, Also enjoyed the story, the way combos are performed and all the movements that our girl can do! I do anjoyed this game!
  23. Apr 20, 2014
    Let me start off by saying the first 2 hours were horrible. But after that what seems like a crappy Assassin's Creed clone blooms into a beautiful dynamic game. It has a very original 1984 esque story with some of the best character development to date. You can tell the creators really bled themselves dry to create something that will be remembered for decades to come.
  24. Jun 3, 2014
    A terribly underrated game, which was obviously very tightly developed. Amazing setting of Neo-Paris, where the only currency are memories - the juicier, the better. Incredible music, blending instrumental sound with a glitchy electronic vibe. The gameplay is a bit simpler and slightly unrefined, since it all boils down to just having the longest, most varied combo and doing it over andA terribly underrated game, which was obviously very tightly developed. Amazing setting of Neo-Paris, where the only currency are memories - the juicier, the better. Incredible music, blending instrumental sound with a glitchy electronic vibe. The gameplay is a bit simpler and slightly unrefined, since it all boils down to just having the longest, most varied combo and doing it over and over again but the fact that you can customize your own combos is something fresh and interesting.
    The writing could have been better at some points but it can hold it's own.

Overall it's a very good game and it's not just a simple button-masher, it has depth as well.
  25. Jun 13, 2013
    Remember Me it is not a game. It is an experience, an epic experience. Totally worth to take part in it. Great climate, charismatic main character, brilliant music and good gameplay. I wouldn't compare it to any other production. It is a small piece of art.
  26. Jun 10, 2013
    having actually beaten the game and enjoyed it, it's definitely much more linear than Uncharted. it's corridor after corridor after corridor. Uncharted doesn't do that and i've completed 2 & 3.
    It's level design is extremely similar to Enslaved. but Enslaved is far worse. the Linearity also hurts with the game's lack of collectibles.
    unquestionably though this is the second most linear
    unquestionably though this is the second most linear game i've ever played. beautiful graphics, good story, and solid gameplay
  27. Jun 10, 2013
    The story of Remember Me is fascinating. Nilin is not a cliche protagonist with amnesia. She has a true motive, and you will enjoy finding out that motive along with Nilin. Voice acting in this game is superb, and the music used to enhance the atmosphere is mesmerizing. The opening title theme is one of my favorite tracks.

The gameplay for the most part is good. Combat could be a

The gameplay for the most part is good. Combat could be a little more fluid, but it still works. Platforming, stealth, and puzzles break up the monotony of fighting, which is great.

Overall, Remember Me is a different type of title. If you are looking for a change of scenery in a sea of sequels, this is the game for you. Science fiction fans shouldn’t pass this one up either.
  28. Jun 15, 2013
    Pros
    *Love the story and environment design.
    *Memory remix sequences are a blast to play.

Cons
    *Gameplay and save system leaves a lot to be desired.
    *unskippable cutscenes discourages replaying a chapter to hunt for collectibles
    *combat gets repetitive real fast
  29. Jun 17, 2013
    Game had one of the most interesting and well executed plots I've seen in a while. The buildup and twists felt right, and the ending took an interesting turn that still managed to wrap up everything quite well. Also it had just the right amount of closure as well. Soundtrack and art style are absolutely beautiful as well. However, gameplay, as many have probably mentioned, is very weak.Game had one of the most interesting and well executed plots I've seen in a while. The buildup and twists felt right, and the ending took an interesting turn that still managed to wrap up everything quite well. Also it had just the right amount of closure as well. Soundtrack and art style are absolutely beautiful as well. However, gameplay, as many have probably mentioned, is very weak. Repetitive platforming and combat bog down the game. Camera angles are annoying at times too. Also some voice acting was a bit off. Game could have easily been polished gameplay wise; it does feel a bit rushed sadly.

tl:dr version: amazing story, art and OST. Poor gameplay gets in the way. I'd say this is a "let's play" game; in other words you're probably better off watching a good youtuber or what not.
  30. Dec 21, 2014
    One of the best games I've ever played in terms of narrative and gameplay originality. Memory remixing is incredibly genius idea. Artwork and textures display new scenes for futuristic dystopias. I strongly recommend this game for all sci-fi and dystopia fans.

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Remember Me is a competent action game that never really excels. The story is wasted and the platforming is poorly implemented with the rest of the game. Still the combat system is interesting and the framing around memories is at least somewhat original.
    A game with great potential, great setting and great music. However, it's knocked down by its incomplete implementation of the original ideas and its frustrating battle system. [Issue#231]
  3. Jul 8, 2013
    There are a lot of ideas packed into this game but I feel like if they would have cut back on a couple of the concepts to focus more on the story then this could have been a real stand out game. As it is now Remember Me is more appealing when it gets cheaper or if you have absolutely nothing to play.