7.3

1. Jun 10, 2013
    the story and environment more than make up for weak combat and platforming mechanics. play it on hard, and enjoy the fluidity of the game, don't expect a huge challenge or massive gameplay innovations. but do expect to get immersed and engaged in the world they've built. a really nice experience.
  2. Jun 6, 2013
    This is a great game. It's not going to win GOTY, but that's fine. If you're not turned off by the idea of a game on rails then Remember Me is a gorgeous, nuanced action/sci-fi video game that will be remembered fondly for its narrative and stunning visuals long after people have gotten over its minor gameplay shortcomings.
  3. Jun 5, 2013
    Clever, thought provoking and full of heart, what Remember Me lacks in innovation, graphical fidelity, and openness it more than makes up for with a stunning setting, incredible visual and audiatory design, and mountains of character. For me, it's a lot like Metro: Last Light. It's not doing anything new, but what it tries to do it does well and that's more than enough to forgive its flaws.
  4. Jun 7, 2013
    *UPDATE!

*UPDATE!

Four days ago I eagerly awaited the release game, and now that it is over I can say without any reserve that this is a game you DO NOT WANT TO MISS. I'll put the ending first for those who don't want to read my entire discourse. I rate "Remember me" as an 8/10, however I've decided to keep my official score as a 10 to help tip the scales. The simple fact is that as valuable as metacritic is, these scores can be the life or death of a game. The same way they can destroy or make a movie, or actor on stage. How many people will skip this game, simply because its not an 8 or higher? "Remember Me" is well crafted, it deserves to be played. DONTNOD Entertainment deserves whatever profits they can get, hopefully enough to encourage more games if not a sequel, which I personally would like to see.

So what games can I compare to "Remember me" to? In my opinion it plays like an assassin's creed warped in a deus ex with a twist (Memories rather than augmentations) The story? Fantastic! Not as good as AC2, or bioshock 1, but better than the ends of either Farcry 3, or deus ex. The combat system was one of genius; and quite frankly something I've been waiting a long time to see. It does have its downfalls eg. the boss battles are repetitive, but unlike AC once I learned this combat system there was never a moment where I had to get my bearings, where combat was too fast, or I was too surrounded. When you add that I was able to, with some restrictions, mold the combos it really puts the player in the action. I stopped worrying about which button at which time and simply enjoyed the game.

Graphics in "Remember me" are a delight to behold. When my computer reported that the game was running in 32bit, and directX 9 I didn't want to believe it. Of course thats the beauty of the unreal engine, from the moment I saw they used it I knew I'd like the game. I do wish they'd used directX 11, I do understand why they didn't but 11 has been out for a while now, and with top end graphic cards now costing half a grand for a single unit.

About the linear qualities of the game. I really do feel this was ultimately the downfall of "Remember Me", and it is why I rate it at 8/10. Below I did list some bugs I experienced, but these were all a minor inconvenience, and could be either limited to my computer or fixed with a patch. Many of the story elements of this game depended on it being linear, I understand that and enjoyed the story. However I believe that there was a lot of wasted potential, especially with the memory remixes in which I wish there was more of. Again I look forward to a sequel.

Errors in "remember me" include: 1) a few subtitle errors, 2) what appear to be some graphical glitches, like a bird stuck in place, and falling through the floor twice. One level appeared all red till I reloaded. 3) The camera is not completely free, it does fight you quite a bit in certain areas.

END OF UPDATE (Original post below)
    I would like to start by stating that I am not an avid video game reviewer, and in fact this is the first I've posting on this website. However, I do like many users look at metacritic scores to "tip the scales" when it comes to buy and judging games. I like many that have already posted, am trying to stop this game from dying before/at release, due to negative/low score. I have only just started this game, and will edit both my score and review later.

To start: The game runs smooth and so far flawless on my system with AMD FX6150, and ATI 6950HD. The music and sounds along with the animation in the menu immediately draw you in. It is clear in just starting it up, like hitman: absolution main menu, that some love went into crafting this game. Options for graphical changes were limited, but in no way hindered either my system, or (from what I can tell) the game in running smoothly.

Upon starting the intro the game loaded extremely fast especially for an HDD, the beginning immediately drew me into the story, my favorite part, and I once again I note care in the games design by a immersive sounds, lighting, sound effects, and small added details to the character's & NPCs clothing, and level design.

This is about as far as I can go so far, but If you read this, I urge you not to go by the current score. I will update this post as I continue to play the game. I am giving it a 10 atm to help balance until I can determine a fair score.
  5. Jun 30, 2013
    Wow! This was a fantastic, emotional journey for me and I loved (almost) every minute of it. There are QTEs and those are the moments I didn't like, but at least you don't die if you fail, just have to try again. The combat is not the focus of this game, although enemies do require a variety of tactics to deal with and I basically had 3 combos I relied on (when I had that many unlocked)Wow! This was a fantastic, emotional journey for me and I loved (almost) every minute of it. There are QTEs and those are the moments I didn't like, but at least you don't die if you fail, just have to try again. The combat is not the focus of this game, although enemies do require a variety of tactics to deal with and I basically had 3 combos I relied on (when I had that many unlocked) reduce cooldown of powers, heal, and do damage. I like that the game introduces new powers and abilities gradually, allowing you time to master them all, and gives hints if you're missing the way to deal with a specific enemy.

All of that is nothing of consequence, though, when you consider the gorgeously realised world and the story that you follow through it. This is the focus of the game and what makes this stand above all others this year so far. I don't care about the best way to click to kill things, what I care about is story crafting and being involved in what is happening at a deeper level. This game delivers in spades and I so hope that another game gets made. What a great vision and slickly executed. Please, if you are unsure of whether to bother with this then DO. Otherwise you will be missing out on a work of art.

It is a shame that this game wasn't better received, even though a lot of the criticism seems to be along the lines of "if only it had done it EVEN better then it would have been fantastic". I loved it. You probably will too, so take a chance!
  6. Jun 18, 2013
    i totally agree with everything good, that has been said about the game PLUS the fighting system is AWESOME! it does steal from arkhams batman obviously, but it does a good job stealing and even comes with some fresh ideas: check out the kombo-system, that lets you build your own kombos with different effects (damage, healing, cooling time for specials, mulitpicators), then there are thei totally agree with everything good, that has been said about the game PLUS the fighting system is AWESOME! it does steal from arkhams batman obviously, but it does a good job stealing and even comes with some fresh ideas: check out the kombo-system, that lets you build your own kombos with different effects (damage, healing, cooling time for specials, mulitpicators), then there are the special techniques that are ALL usefull and fun. whenever a fight starts you need to check against which kind of enemies you are fighting and really have to make a plan on how to beat them. and the game does a great job in introducing all the possibilities you have and all the varying enemies you are up against.

one little critic, that i haven't read yet: it makes me cry at night, that despite the main story cutscenes there are no dialoges in this game. whats the point in creating such an optically rich enviroment when you don't have the possibility to explore this world and get to know its inhabitants? that's reaaally sad and the only reason i wouldn't score a 10.
  7. Jun 13, 2013
    This game is a little piece of art itself. After you get through the tutorial (which is pretty well implemented, very immersive) you get in love with the ambientation and the world that the guys from Dontnod Entertainment have created. Ok, the combat system may be not as complex as say Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, etc. But it actually is very fun, the Combo Lab is a really interesting toolThis game is a little piece of art itself. After you get through the tutorial (which is pretty well implemented, very immersive) you get in love with the ambientation and the world that the guys from Dontnod Entertainment have created. Ok, the combat system may be not as complex as say Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, etc. But it actually is very fun, the Combo Lab is a really interesting tool that should be definetly considered for future games of the genre. The level of exploration may be easy and a little linear, but you get to search really well to find all of the easter eggs, and some jumps/animations while doing some platforms are really awesome in my opinion. The levels where you have to remix the memories of a person are simply amazing, again really immersive, you feel completely like playing God.
    But the thing that really impressed me the most was the characters. All of them really polished and created with love. You are going to love Nilin, you are going to love Neo-Paris and you definetly are going to love the soundtrack, which I have to say, it's probably one of the best of the year.

If you like action but you don't consider a "super pro" at the genre, and you like well written stories and emotional characters... believe me, this is your game. You won't be dissapointed.
  8. Jun 18, 2013
    positive aspects: the main reason, i give this game a 10/10 rating, is it´s story and the atmosphere it creates. first of all, i´m a sci-fi-fan, and there aren´t that many really unique sci-fi-games out there. so here we got a game, that presents a setting unlike the usual post-apocalyptic or horror-fps-stuff. the setting and story are really refreshingly new, the art-style of the gamepositive aspects: the main reason, i give this game a 10/10 rating, is it´s story and the atmosphere it creates. first of all, i´m a sci-fi-fan, and there aren´t that many really unique sci-fi-games out there. so here we got a game, that presents a setting unlike the usual post-apocalyptic or horror-fps-stuff. the setting and story are really refreshingly new, the art-style of the game also. you´ve got moments with comic-art, moments with distortion effects, all very nice. finally the story: it´s based on a nice idea, it´s a creative approach, and there are some nice surprises. even though the end is a little bit predictable, it comes to a satisfying end, not leaving questions unanswered or making stupid cliff-hangers to introduce a planned "remember me 2". and that´s more than almost any game can offer i have played in the last couple of years.

neutral: the game is quite short. some people, like me, might find this positive, some people might be disappointed. i think, this game tells it´s story straight forward, and although i enjoyed every second of it, i´m happy, it doesn´t have any unnecessary lengths. it gives you a few days of excitement, and is finished, before it gets repetitive or boring.

negative: sometimes i struggled with the controls. but usually i buy games not sooner than 6 months after release, when the worst bugs have been patched away and things got a little bit polished. so for a 1-week-old release it´s ok, but i hope, till i will give this game a replay, it will have received some patches concerning the controls.
  9. Jun 22, 2013
    This may be one of the best games of this year. It encompasses a limited, yet beautifully thought up environment with fantastic very customizable gameplay and an amazing plot. on PC there are some choices you can recognize that would be much better with a controller, but it makes up for it with more than fantastic graphics (there's this setting I've never seen before called super-sampling.This may be one of the best games of this year. It encompasses a limited, yet beautifully thought up environment with fantastic very customizable gameplay and an amazing plot. on PC there are some choices you can recognize that would be much better with a controller, but it makes up for it with more than fantastic graphics (there's this setting I've never seen before called super-sampling. It makes everything look amazing but it can lower frame rates.)
    overall this game is one that shall hold a place in my heart for many years to come, and I cannot recommend it enough
  10. Jun 23, 2013
    So i recently picked it up on steam, aware of the mixed reviews. What i got was a average action adventure, which was not memorable for it's mechanics, after all the freeflow combat was adopted from batman with the only adaptation being the combosystems. Unlike batman however, the combat didn't flow as good, but it was still rewarding enough if you timed it right, and the constant hoppingSo i recently picked it up on steam, aware of the mixed reviews. What i got was a average action adventure, which was not memorable for it's mechanics, after all the freeflow combat was adopted from batman with the only adaptation being the combosystems. Unlike batman however, the combat didn't flow as good, but it was still rewarding enough if you timed it right, and the constant hopping shouldn't break your combatflow (it lets you continue the combo). The combo system is also better than people are giving it credit for, i found it quite intuitive. Platforming could've been done better, but i fear this is a necessary evil due to the relatively narrow/linear area's. I suspect this is the devs first big game, they had limited time and resources and therefore could not create a Tomb Raider('13)-like enviroment. However the design of the levels works, and they help build suspension and build atmosphere, helped by the camera angles and lighting.
    The protagonist is why it scores high in my book. I'm not some drooling fanboy, but i'd like to see more non-male (Marcus Fenix type) Protagonists. Because the game wouldn't have worked without it. And it's shameful to see how contrived the gaming industry is, fearing that the game won't sell if there isn't some MANLY MAN posted on the box cover. No, it will likely not attract the Gears of War crowd...but they have gears of war (and will likely stay there). It will attract a different crowd, people who are interested in atmosphere, immersion, and a catchy story. A crowd that is really underserved at this point. And this is what this game is trying to do, and to a large degree pulls of rather nicely. I hope despite the mixed result the publishers see potential in this game, and won't let it turn into another Beyond Good & Evil. Because that's what this game reminds me off. And what i also love about this game. So my high score is 75% creditted to the game, and 25% for sponsoring new and interesting IP's.
  11. Jul 29, 2013
    Beautiful setting, amazing story. Combat is well above average but the meat of the game is how immersed you'll be in the world of Neo Paris. Forget the payola sucking reviewers wanting another soulless shooter. If you can appreciate games as art and enjoy a good story you'll cherish every moment of this roughly ten hour game. If you're a gamer (and I use the term loosely) who only findsBeautiful setting, amazing story. Combat is well above average but the meat of the game is how immersed you'll be in the world of Neo Paris. Forget the payola sucking reviewers wanting another soulless shooter. If you can appreciate games as art and enjoy a good story you'll cherish every moment of this roughly ten hour game. If you're a gamer (and I use the term loosely) who only finds joy in rushing through games without truely experiencing them? Get out--I mean... you might wanna pass on this. Expand
  12. Aug 13, 2013
    This game deserves more than 7.2, I'd give it a solid 8.5.
    Pros:
    Beautiful graphics
    Interesting background story and plot
    Very good voice acting (especially the main character)
    Strong female protagonist
    Great combat
    Fantastic music

Cons
    Camera angle is a bit hard to control at points
    Encountered a couple of minor bugs

Overall, definitely worth playing hope for a free roam sequel?
  13. Jun 10, 2013
    having actually beaten the game and enjoyed it, it's definitely much more linear than Uncharted. it's corridor after corridor after corridor. Uncharted doesn't do that and i've completed 2 & 3.
    It's level design is extremely similar to Enslaved. but Enslaved is far worse. the Linearity also hurts with the game's lack of collectibles.
    unquestionably though this is the second most linear
    unquestionably though this is the second most linear game i've ever played. beautiful graphics, good story, and solid gameplay
  14. Jun 13, 2013
    Remember Me it is not a game. It is an experience, an epic experience. Totally worth to take part in it. Great climate, charismatic main character, brilliant music and good gameplay. I wouldn't compare it to any other production. It is a small piece of art.
  15. Jun 25, 2013
    It's impossible to deny that gameplay is hardly engaging, but it's overly easy not to pay any attention to it thanks to the incredibly immersive world and captivating story, both of which blew mind my mind.
  16. Jun 30, 2013
    Nice mix between Mirror's Edge and Assasins Creed, Also enjoyed the story, the way combos are performed and all the movements that our girl can do! I do anjoyed this game!
  17. Apr 20, 2014
    One of the most overlooked games of its year, possibly due to the misguided advertising. I played this game without having no prior knowledge of its existence and boy oh boy, was I in for a surprise. This game is definitely ahead of its time and I was really amazed by how overlooked this gem was. Capcom really went above and beyond with this one. The funny thing is though, it's not thatOne of the most overlooked games of its year, possibly due to the misguided advertising. I played this game without having no prior knowledge of its existence and boy oh boy, was I in for a surprise. This game is definitely ahead of its time and I was really amazed by how overlooked this gem was. Capcom really went above and beyond with this one. The funny thing is though, it's not that the game introduces some new element to gaming but that it uses a familiar game formula so brilliantly! It's the perfect example of what happens when game developers take their time when making a game. Asides from the awesome graphics, the gameplay mechanics are great and the storyline is awesome! It definitely raises your standards in gaming if not done right. That is, IF done right. This was meant to be an immersive game so quality headphones, a comfortable seat and a 360 controller are a must (after owning a strong rig of course). Expand
  18. Apr 20, 2014
    Let me start off by saying the first 2 hours were horrible. But after that what seems like a crappy Assassin's Creed clone blooms into a beautiful dynamic game. It has a very original 1984 esque story with some of the best character development to date. You can tell the creators really bled themselves dry to create something that will be remembered for decades to come.
  19. Jun 3, 2014
    A terribly underrated game, which was obviously very tightly developed. Amazing setting of Neo-Paris, where the only currency are memories - the juicier, the better. Incredible music, blending instrumental sound with a glitchy electronic vibe. The gameplay is a bit simpler and slightly unrefined, since it all boils down to just having the longest, most varied combo and doing it over andA terribly underrated game, which was obviously very tightly developed. Amazing setting of Neo-Paris, where the only currency are memories - the juicier, the better. Incredible music, blending instrumental sound with a glitchy electronic vibe. The gameplay is a bit simpler and slightly unrefined, since it all boils down to just having the longest, most varied combo and doing it over and over again but the fact that you can customize your own combos is something fresh and interesting.
    The writing could have been better at some points but it can hold it's own.

Overall it's a very good game and it's not just a simple button-masher, it has depth as well.
  20. Nov 14, 2014
    I do not understand **** ratings people give this amazing game. The story is very good, the graphics are of the highest level, the soundtrack is one of the best I've enjoyed in any game before, well fitted perfectly in the turns of history. If it's a linear game, and is perhaps the only reasonable criticism I've read, but is not it true that "The Last Of Us" is linear and has 10/10 in overI do not understand **** ratings people give this amazing game. The story is very good, the graphics are of the highest level, the soundtrack is one of the best I've enjoyed in any game before, well fitted perfectly in the turns of history. If it's a linear game, and is perhaps the only reasonable criticism I've read, but is not it true that "The Last Of Us" is linear and has 10/10 in over 200 publications as long and wide the world?

"Remember Me" is like a good glass of wine. Not everyone likes it, but everybody should be able to recognize the work involved in running a job of this exquisite quality.

The Spanish translation is a little bad sync with the mouth movements of the characters, but it is somewhat understandable given the differences in the oral articulation and existing sentences in French and Castilian. Evidently motion capture is based on models that spoke French, but not overlook it an outstanding job.

If you like intense stories and twists in the story lines, plus futuristic scenarios this is your game. I say that not many titles in the video game market at the height of "Remember Me"
  21. Nov 16, 2014
    I picked this game up in a Steam sales because it looked interesting without any expectations and it blew me away! This game was simply the best cyberpunk experience I ever played. Beautiful artful graphics (Neo Paris looks breathtaking), great electro music especially towards the end of the game and an truly awesome story (especially appealing to someone who has own kids). I completed theI picked this game up in a Steam sales because it looked interesting without any expectations and it blew me away! This game was simply the best cyberpunk experience I ever played. Beautiful artful graphics (Neo Paris looks breathtaking), great electro music especially towards the end of the game and an truly awesome story (especially appealing to someone who has own kids). I completed the story in 15 hours and to me this game didn't feel more repetitive than Assassins Creed or the Batman Arkham games. Expand
  22. Dec 21, 2014
    One of the best games I've ever played in terms of narrative and gameplay originality. Memory remixing is incredibly genius idea. Artwork and textures display new scenes for futuristic dystopias. I strongly recommend this game for all sci-fi and dystopia fans.
  23. Feb 12, 2015
    It's been minutes since I finished this game and this game left me with so many impressions that, for the first time, I felt obligated to write a video game review.

Story/Dialogue/Characters... What seems at the beginning as a classical revenge motivated story line, evolves into a tale of guilt and the importance of confronting your pain, the price we pay to achieve our goals, of our identity and how a single event can drastically alter who you are. Nillin is an outstanding protagonist, her monologue is brilliant from the start, when she trashes inside the coffin her panic and anxiety is palpable, her reunion with her family gave me one of the most emotional experiences I've had in any game... If you love video games that stay with you long after you play it, then you simply cannot miss out this one. I would put it even on the same level with Last of Us, which is longer and overall better written, but was less original and more predictable. Only thing that was bit detracting from experience was some voice acting on english version( Nillin VA is exceptional though) and few characters like Kid X'mas and Madame that felt more like Austin Powers villains, compared to overall tone of this game.
    Graphics/Environment Design/Art Style... simply put this is the best realized cyberpunk and most immersive setting of our close future in any game. Graphics are excellent(although I would have liked an option to remove film grain) but the environmental design is where this game really shines. Robotics and smart technology is everywhere, design of life spaces is completely spot on, transparent floors,etc... You can clearly see, how designers didn't simply rush into this and really investigated what our life in 50 or so years would be like. If you love games with great atmosphere, that pull you to another space and time, then you're in the right place here.
    Gameplay...Overall it feels like simplified version of Assassin's Creed platforming and Arkham series combat with a few ideas of it's own. The movement between environment felt a bit restrictive with a clear follow the marker line, that the game could do without. Combat is less complex with no block or parry feature, but animations are top notch with well executed kill moves and the ability to create your own combos with different effects, which is a nice addition to the genre. You also develop several unique abilities like stealth, AOE stun, control drone etc... to complement pure fighting game. Overall, on the highest difficulty, it was simple but challenging, quite addictive fun without ever becoming frustrating... the only thing I would have liked to see is more agressive AI from common enemies, while allowing Nillin to continue her combos from one to the next.
    Performance and Stability...It runs very smoothly, no FPS drops, crashes,zero bugs... I've encountered only one glitch during platforming that reload fixed and that's just about it. No complaints.
    Final Impression... I expected poorly optimized game and riddled with bugs , or an ending similar Mass Effect style that leaves a sour impression on the overall game, anything to explain how something of this quality was almost unnoticed, but I stil don't get it. RM could definitely use more complexity when it comes to combat or platforming, or allowed us some storyline Deus Ex choices, as well as expanded environments with more alternate paths... but what this game also offers is fantastic atmosphere and amazing environmental design where it's second to none, provocative tale and one of the most unique and engaging protagonists in any game, while adding it's own innovations like combat style customization and memory altering mechanic.
    Trust me on this, this is a game whose only real failure is that it values quality over quantity and substance over form as well as offers unique ideas of it's own to an industry where creative design is of little interest...like Masquerade Bloodlines and similar games, this game has a unique quality that will take years to be recognized.
  24. Jul 11, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game. It has great graphics and stunning environments, great music, and I loved the sci-fi plot. Definitely nice to have an interesting new plot. The game play is alright. The memory remix is a welcome mechanic, and really fits in well with the game. It's linear, but it fits with Remember Me's story. The combat isn't overly challenging (I played on normal) but some ofI really enjoyed this game. It has great graphics and stunning environments, great music, and I loved the sci-fi plot. Definitely nice to have an interesting new plot. The game play is alright. The memory remix is a welcome mechanic, and really fits in well with the game. It's linear, but it fits with Remember Me's story. The combat isn't overly challenging (I played on normal) but some of the fights are interesting. The story and visual/environmental design absolutely are the strong points of Remember Me. If you like sci-fi at all, you won't want to miss this it's a lot of fun. I look forward to whatever Dontnod makes next. Expand
  25. Jun 4, 2013
    Remember Me is an awesome game. It’s sometimes frustrating with it's difficulty, but it also transports you to an amazing world with striking designs, a deep culture, and interesting characters. The game might rely a little too heavily on “been there, done that” elements of play, but when it breaks from the norm and it does so often it hands players power and a sense of freedom inRemember Me is an awesome game. It’s sometimes frustrating with it's difficulty, but it also transports you to an amazing world with striking designs, a deep culture, and interesting characters. The game might rely a little too heavily on “been there, done that” elements of play, but when it breaks from the norm and it does so often it hands players power and a sense of freedom in experimentation. Expand
  26. Jun 11, 2013
    Remember me offers one of the best stories in a console/PC game, stunning graphics and a very believable futuristic world. The story is by far the best asset in the game, yet the story unfolds with nearly no player-choices. It provides something close to an interactive movie in the same way as select Naughty Dog games or Ubisoft games. Like a movie, you cannot influence the end, you justRemember me offers one of the best stories in a console/PC game, stunning graphics and a very believable futuristic world. The story is by far the best asset in the game, yet the story unfolds with nearly no player-choices. It provides something close to an interactive movie in the same way as select Naughty Dog games or Ubisoft games. Like a movie, you cannot influence the end, you just discover it while the story moves forward. In my humble opinion, the fact that the world is realistic and Nilin shares thoughts and views with you makes the whole much more compelling.

But lets set the expectations right. If you are looking for freedom of choice, non-linear story. Something like GTA or Saint Row, then this game is not for you. It is closer to a Tomb Raider, Uncharted or Assassin Creed 2.

On the gameplay, as it seems to be a recurring critique:

If I would have to make a mixed review of the gameplay, it would be that it starts too basic and scales up in complexity slowly. Yet, once you are in Episode 4+, faced a couple of Boss and groups of enemies need to be dealt with more care. When you start to have a full arsenal of powers and multiple combos, especially in Memory Hunter mode; then you get the full potential of the gameplay.

But the full potential only comes 4+ hours into the game. That's maybe something DONTNOD should have thought about. The gameplay is not a revolution, but it is better then Assassin Creed or AC2. Even more interesting than Tomb Raider from a combat perspective, even if weaker from a platform gameplay perspective.

Imho, there is a lot of potential for improvement. But it is a first game in a new setting. The augmented reality implementation is very nice. The fact you can recognize Paris places and settings is awesome too. The memory hack principle may need refinement in order to be slightly less time consuming, yet it works fine.
  27. Jun 29, 2013
    This game is just awesome. Since it was available to pre-purchase it, I couldn't wait to hold this game in my hands.
    Now, that I've played it a couple of hours I can say it again. This game is absolutely worthly to play.
    It contains a great story, great music and a pretty well gameplay. Of course, it's not perfect. The camera-handling with the controller (it's terrible on the PC with
    It contains a great story, great music and a pretty well gameplay.
    Of course, it's not perfect. The camera-handling with the controller (it's terrible on the PC with keyboard and mouse for my taste, with controller it's way more likely to handle) could be better here and there. The terrain where you could go in the game could be a little bit bigger, but that's all I can criticise. Otherwise this game shows that you can make a great game even as your first game of the studio (DONTNOD Entertainment) and without those damn fire-weapons and stuff like that (which is now in about 70% of the new game-IPs) just with a great character design and a cool fighting-system.
    It shows some great new ways to play a game, and I really hope that the harsh critic of some guys here and the not that good sales of the game won't ruin a sequel to this, which fixes the critic-points of the first game and shows an even better experience for the player. If Remember Me 2 will come, I'll buy it. Definentaly.
  28. Jul 16, 2013
    WOW. Most amazing game. So deep and emotional. Big Kudos to the developers. This game is a real piece of art and will be remembered forever.

The mechanics could need some work, that is true. But if the outcome is this impressive I don't care for a little clumsiness.

It's such a shame that the usual reviewer seems to be to stupid to 'get' this game. This is an instant classic.
  29. Oct 19, 2013
    Awesome and smart "Johnny Mnemonic"-like story with sweet graphics, tasty platformer parts and smashing combats what do you need more to remember and love the game? I really satisfied with it. THX Dontnod.
  30. Oct 27, 2013
    it seems i only give my vote to highly underrated games (see my other reviews), but i just can´t help to see the injustice brought by the official critics to what i would call a gem of a game. if you are into cyberpunk, like dark and complex storylines and can live with a few (really only a few) flaws, then let me recommend this game: awesome graphics, nice gameplay, intriguing storyline,it seems i only give my vote to highly underrated games (see my other reviews), but i just can´t help to see the injustice brought by the official critics to what i would call a gem of a game. if you are into cyberpunk, like dark and complex storylines and can live with a few (really only a few) flaws, then let me recommend this game: awesome graphics, nice gameplay, intriguing storyline, great art direction as well as the music. overall well done. especially for the first title of a studio. well done, dontnod! Expand

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Remember Me is a competent action game that never really excels. The story is wasted and the platforming is poorly implemented with the rest of the game. Still the combat system is interesting and the framing around memories is at least somewhat original.
    A game with great potential, great setting and great music. However, it's knocked down by its incomplete implementation of the original ideas and its frustrating battle system. [Issue#231]
  3. Jul 8, 2013
    There are a lot of ideas packed into this game but I feel like if they would have cut back on a couple of the concepts to focus more on the story then this could have been a real stand out game. As it is now Remember Me is more appealing when it gets cheaper or if you have absolutely nothing to play.