Remember Me PC

7.4

1. Jun 3, 2013
    Regardless of the previewers I think the game has a lot of potential of being a great game. Don't understand why people rate when it isnt even out yet.
  2. Jun 7, 2013
    *UPDATE!

*UPDATE!

Four days ago I eagerly awaited the release game, and now that it is over I can say without any reserve that this is a game you DO NOT WANT TO MISS. I'll put the ending first for those who don't want to read my entire discourse. I rate "Remember me" as an 8/10, however I've decided to keep my official score as a 10 to help tip the scales. The simple fact is that as valuable as metacritic is, these scores can be the life or death of a game. The same way they can destroy or make a movie, or actor on stage. How many people will skip this game, simply because its not an 8 or higher? "Remember Me" is well crafted, it deserves to be played. DONTNOD Entertainment deserves whatever profits they can get, hopefully enough to encourage more games if not a sequel, which I personally would like to see.

So what games can I compare to "Remember me" to? In my opinion it plays like an assassin's creed warped in a deus ex with a twist (Memories rather than augmentations) The story? Fantastic! Not as good as AC2, or bioshock 1, but better than the ends of either Farcry 3, or deus ex. The combat system was one of genius; and quite frankly something I've been waiting a long time to see. It does have its downfalls eg. the boss battles are repetitive, but unlike AC once I learned this combat system there was never a moment where I had to get my bearings, where combat was too fast, or I was too surrounded. When you add that I was able to, with some restrictions, mold the combos it really puts the player in the action. I stopped worrying about which button at which time and simply enjoyed the game.

Graphics in "Remember me" are a delight to behold. When my computer reported that the game was running in 32bit, and directX 9 I didn't want to believe it. Of course thats the beauty of the unreal engine, from the moment I saw they used it I knew I'd like the game. I do wish they'd used directX 11, I do understand why they didn't but 11 has been out for a while now, and with top end graphic cards now costing half a grand for a single unit.

About the linear qualities of the game. I really do feel this was ultimately the downfall of "Remember Me", and it is why I rate it at 8/10. Below I did list some bugs I experienced, but these were all a minor inconvenience, and could be either limited to my computer or fixed with a patch. Many of the story elements of this game depended on it being linear, I understand that and enjoyed the story. However I believe that there was a lot of wasted potential, especially with the memory remixes in which I wish there was more of. Again I look forward to a sequel.

Errors in "remember me" include: 1) a few subtitle errors, 2) what appear to be some graphical glitches, like a bird stuck in place, and falling through the floor twice. One level appeared all red till I reloaded. 3) The camera is not completely free, it does fight you quite a bit in certain areas.

END OF UPDATE (Original post below)
    I would like to start by stating that I am not an avid video game reviewer, and in fact this is the first I've posting on this website. However, I do like many users look at metacritic scores to "tip the scales" when it comes to buy and judging games. I like many that have already posted, am trying to stop this game from dying before/at release, due to negative/low score. I have only just started this game, and will edit both my score and review later.

To start: The game runs smooth and so far flawless on my system with AMD FX6150, and ATI 6950HD. The music and sounds along with the animation in the menu immediately draw you in. It is clear in just starting it up, like hitman: absolution main menu, that some love went into crafting this game. Options for graphical changes were limited, but in no way hindered either my system, or (from what I can tell) the game in running smoothly.

Upon starting the intro the game loaded extremely fast especially for an HDD, the beginning immediately drew me into the story, my favorite part, and I once again I note care in the games design by a immersive sounds, lighting, sound effects, and small added details to the character's & NPCs clothing, and level design.

This is about as far as I can go so far, but If you read this, I urge you not to go by the current score. I will update this post as I continue to play the game. I am giving it a 10 atm to help balance until I can determine a fair score.
  3. Jun 5, 2013
    I'm also putting in a 10 because you can really tell this game is gorgeous and the story/concept are very non-generic. I'm also thinking that because it's a little different than Mirror's Edge, people aren't liking the isometric changes.
  4. Jun 5, 2013
    The game isn't that bad, the game is worth an an 7 or 8 /10, but i gave it a 10 to help counter the outrageous bad user ratings given before the game was even released, do people even know what a game rated 4 should play like?
  5. Jun 5, 2013
    this game is awesome, the graphics, the music, the story, all of them are very engaging. Play yourself this game before listen to angry nerds whit hedonist view of games, you will not regret.
  6. Jun 6, 2013
    As the credits roll on this 11 hour journey, I’m pleasantly surprised to see such a great title come out of a brand new studio. The team at DONTNOD Entertainment have brought something unique to the table, giving us not only beautiful graphics and incredible sound, but also a new combat approach wrapped around a very engaging storyline
  7. Jun 7, 2013
    I love the game. It's nice to see something with an intelligent story and innovative gameplay. It also qualifies as speculative science fiction, which can be prophetic.
  8. Jun 7, 2013
    This game is amazing. The science fiction here is better than in most movies. The graphics are good, too. And Neo Paris is the best game environment I've seen in years.

Truly, it's linear. But what is the problem? I think a good game for comparison would be Deus EX Human Revolution. And Remember is much better than DEXHR, which received great reviews. Congrats devs! Thank you Capcom!

Congrats devs! Thank you Capcom! This game is amazing, despite of the reviews.

The best game I played this year so far.
  9. Jun 8, 2013
    Before I start, i'd like to state that the game is good, it's not a 10/10 at best i'd rate it 7.5/10 however due to checking reviews before buying the game, and then deciding to ignore the large proportion of which are negative against the game and go out and buy it anyway, i feel it has a lot of undeserved criticism, hence the review.

There are 3 basic game play styles of this game:

There are 3 basic game play styles of this game: Assassins creed style climbing system, Capcom's usual fighting system in a hack and slash sorta way, and finally a Lara croft puzzle exploration system. Broken down it doesn't sound inspiring and hell some are issue's with linearity with the game, don't go expecting another Dishonored with branching stories and several layers of exploration, its not what your going to get.

This however from my view was never meant to be the strength of the game, or what even intrigued me in the first place. When I first watched the trailer what amazed me was the concept, the story line is unique, its original and its fresh. This coupled with visual style of mirrors edge and background visuals that I would say rival Deux Ex: Human Revolutions...which if you haven't played that game, are stunning, well and truly.

The story-line will keep you interested throughout the game which in my opinion was of an acceptable length, there are 3-4 collectibles 3 of which are upgrades e.g health and 1 take a codex role of providing additional information. If you look for these then the game time will definitely be much longer as there around 50 of each to find.

The user interface is simple and easy to understand, i was using an xbox 360 controller to play the game and found that the controls where relatively easy to cope with, however spikes in difficulty were present in boss fights. They are a b***h when compared to the average enemies.

The greatest asset to the game however, is most certainly the memory remix, its worth playing the game purely for this one feature and it's something i haven't seen pulled off in any other game, if built upon in sequels this mechanic could be one of the greatest pieces of game play on the market.

Overall this game will entertain you for sure, its no game of the year, however, i feel if they have an option of a sequel, then they could build certainly on the existing material and that may be a GOTY contender, but it would require a vast improvement in basic game-play i.e exploration. I'd recommend this once the price drops to mid £20's but its well worth picking up and playing :)

+ Visuals/Graphics
    +Concept
    +Combat
    +Story line
    +Originality
    +Refreshing original player character (doesn't fall into stereotypes)

-Limited exploration
    -Linear
    -Lack of branching story line
    -Capcom's inevitable marketing practices e.g DLC
    -Very slow start (Have to get to at least episode 3)
  10. Jun 9, 2013
    Definitely one of the games that made me think about future! The last one was deus ex.
    The background and the scenario are very interesting. I wish i can play more interesting games like those one more often !
    For a new studio, this game is really good and i will wait for their future titles. I liked the combo system which can be modified between each combat and make you enjoy doing

I liked the combo system which can be modified between each combat and make you enjoy doing more ultimates :D.

For graphics, i though they were also good, the cut scenes are fabulous !

Ok there are also some issues like the camera positioning is narrow streets, or the difficulty that is very varying.

To conclude EPIC Background, very good game but sometimes bad camera positioning.
  11. Jun 9, 2013
    Excellent industrial design, great music and an unusual, interesting history.

-Limited exploration
    -Linear
    -Lack of branching story line
    -Capcom's inevitable marketing practices e.g DLC
    -Very slow start
  12. Jun 9, 2013
    Unigue and rare beautiful sci-fi masterpeace with deep lore, astonishing attention to every detail and movie-like grapics. A must have for sci-fi heads.
  13. Jun 9, 2013
    I've been watching Remember Me for a while and when it came out I got it the second day after release. My first thoughts were beautiful graphics and it gave me that Mirrors Edge, Total Recall, iRobot feel right away, which isn't a bad thing at all. Im always looking for games that are different and unique, I've been playing games from atari 2600 til now and everything in between and thoughI've been watching Remember Me for a while and when it came out I got it the second day after release. My first thoughts were beautiful graphics and it gave me that Mirrors Edge, Total Recall, iRobot feel right away, which isn't a bad thing at all. Im always looking for games that are different and unique, I've been playing games from atari 2600 til now and everything in between and though this might not be the best game its surely freshing and nice to play something a little different and new. I won't spoil anything so I'll keep it short

1.Graphics 9.5/10
    2.Gameplay 8.0/10
    3.Combat system 8.5/10
    4.Fun factor 9.0/10
    5.Music 10/10

Pros: The highlights of the game are the music and the memory remixes, where u play through memoires and alter different things about it to change the out come, its all real time FWD: Pause, Play, RWD type and I've never seen anything like it.

Cons: The only down fall this games has to me is that its not open world, not even close, but thats not enough to keep people from playing it and if they continue the series thats something they can improve on making a good game a great game.

Looking for something new and different try it at least.
  14. Jun 9, 2013
    There are two components to a story that absolutely hook me for the ride: 1)I have to want to develop an empathy with the character and, 2) obviously, the story. Despite the tragic frustration and borderline insult of not being allowed to explore the wonderfully sculpted world the game is framed within (it's incredibly well done, which makes the inability to explore the huuuuuuuge #1 conThere are two components to a story that absolutely hook me for the ride: 1)I have to want to develop an empathy with the character and, 2) obviously, the story. Despite the tragic frustration and borderline insult of not being allowed to explore the wonderfully sculpted world the game is framed within (it's incredibly well done, which makes the inability to explore the huuuuuuuge #1 con on this game)and the eventual tedium of being told by little jittering arrows where to go at every leap and turn, those two personal requirements of mine were handily and, to me, very satisfyingly met.

Nilin is great...for me, the voice acting was so deftly maneuvered with inflection and emotion I couldn't help but become deeply involved in the character and her progression in reclaiming her past. I also found her deliberation of the objectives and motive set to her by the character Edge to be refreshing; if she would not have been at least suspicious or questioning of the instructions and directives set to her by an unknown agent, I would have been at least dubious of her mission and subsequent actions and, therefore, less willing to buy into the story. Knowing she was conflicted allowed a bit of personal insight and empathy with the character in the sense of what was unfolding.

And I have to maybe sidestep a bit on my second requirement: the story itself was, maybe, just ok (perhaps a tad better), but the concept behind the storyline is what I view as still worthy of high marks. The groundwork and foundation of the context of the story was provocative and well-conceived, all the while being quite believable. The ability to manipulate memory was, to me, the most underutilized and most cathartic element to the game but, ya know, with as magnificent as the limited time was in this aspect, I think it must have taken a considerable amount of time to piece together the x's and o's to make this work so I suppose I can see why there wasn't wall-to-wall memory re-writes. Altogether though, the concept was very much appreciated in this land of rampant point-and-shoot fps for a guy who, while he enjoys some time in that certain genre of games, really aches for something different and substantive. And, hey, for me, Remember Me has got it.

If DONTNOD can take some constructive critisism on their effort here, I really really really hope they consider employing some of it into a very soon-to-be-released follow-up. I would be very eager...so just do it, ok?
  15. Jun 9, 2013
    What seems to be common from many reviews is the expectations that many people had going into the game, and either finished disappointed, or didn't finish at all. I will say that though Capcom's Remember Me isn't the best game ever, probably not even close, it is a unique experience in more ways than one, keeping my attention throughout the game.

Pros: Visuals This game is

Pros:

Visuals This game is beautiful. Every piece of the world and each character is incredibly detailed. The graphics do not make the game, but Capcom puts it to good use with one of the last new IPs of the current generation. The atmosphere of Neo-Paris is gorgeous, between the slums and the high end side, each area has it's own unique style, and probably one downside is that you don't get to explore Neo-Paris more than you do.

Combat Though not the strongest portion of the game, it's concept works, and works well. The meat of the combat system is creating your own combos. Now this doesn't mean you spend hours in a menu configuring buttons trying to come up with the best attacks. There are actually four preset button combinations, each consisting of either Square or Triangle (or X & Y for the Xbox 360). Along with that, there are four different modifiers called "Pressens", which allows you to power up each press of the button. The more experience you gain throughout the game, the more Pressens you unlock, allowing you to mix and match different types of modifiers within a single combo. For example: The most simple combo is Square, Square, Square. While the first press cannot be modified, the next two can, with modifiers such as stronger attacks or regaining health with each successful hit. Included with the combos are what's called "S-Pressens", which are power ups that help you gain a slight edge. These add a bit more strategy for when you face the tougher enemies.

Remixing Memories Possibly the best part of the game. These portions allow your character Nilin to jump into somebody's memory, alter certain portions of said memory, and force them to remember something that didn't actually happen. The general idea of remixing memories is to manipulate someone into either having regrets, changing what they believe in, or completely forgetting a life-altering event. Though there aren't too many of these sequences, each moment is fun and makes you think. Each remix gives you a certain objective, and you must alter some or all options in order to get the result you want. Very cool concept in my opinion, though would loved to have seen more.

Plot I won't spoil anything, but the story was interesting, unique, something different than the usual zombie outbreaks or military operations or what have you. It's an idea that was thought out, and used effectively.

Cons:

Voice Acting The only thing that doesn't drive the story as great as it could is the voice acting. Many games have that one "voice in your head" guide that tells you what to do and where to go. This is no exception, and like other games, this voice gets annoying along the way. Other characters just don't seem to fit in with the personalities that the game sets for them. This doesn't go for every character, fortunately, just enough to want to tell a few people to hush every once in a while.

General gameplay When you're not fighting or remixing, you're running, pressing, or climbing. The latter isn't too eventful. Platforming in this game is far from great.

Story length/Replayability It's a short game, and understandably so given the plot. Without a multiplayer portion in the game, Remember Me gives a great campaign experience, though not too much of one. And that's it. You may want to replay it to retrieve missing collectibles to learn more about the history of the city and the organizations involved. But the story is linear at best. Unless you're looking to get your platinum trophy, you may be trading in the game days after you begin playing.

Completion The great story is hindered by it's flat ending. There's a moment where I'm left wondering about certain characters you met earlier in the game and if they achieved what they really wanted.

Overall: I think this will be a sleeper hit. The concepts are unique, the visuals are gorgeous, and there are little things throughout the game that made me appreciate the design of the world and the characters. I personally do not believe it deserved IGN's 5.9 rating, and it's not 9 or 10 worthy. But it's a hell of a game and a pretty incredible experience. I recommend giving it a try, even if you decide to wait til it's on sale or the price drops. Or rent it. Whichever you prefer. Go with your gut!
  16. Jun 9, 2013
    Remember Me is an action/melee/platformer in every sense of the word. I've had a fun time playing this game and thought I'd break down my thoughts of why this is so.

Combat: I really like the customization feature of being able to select different moves (Pressens) with different benefits (power, regen, chain, and cooldown) and pick what combos are most comfortable for you personally as a player to pull off. You will learn additional moves as you go along, however the way this is done here is far from rpg-style gameplay; so do not expect that going in. You cannot button mash your combos as the game requires that you properly time yourself from one hit to the next. This, I think, has lead to a perception that the controls are unresponsive because the timing window from one hit to the next is very small. But, once I got the rhythm of a combo down I rarely had a problem finishing it. You fight a lot of multiple enemies, placed in arena-like portions of the map. Enemies tend to group up and their attacks will break your combos, so it is important that you plan ahead, gain space on individual enemies, dodge, and look for vulnerable openings. Sometimes, this is easier said than done as some enemies can leap from walls, block attacks, and so forth. If you just jump into a big group and start swinging or get yourself cornered, you'll get floored pretty quickly on any difficulty. Your special S-Pressens and your arm-mounted Spammer can also be great assets in the right situations; allowing you to turn robots on their masters and stun enemies for periods of time. All in all, the combat requires you to pay attention, be creative, memorize the rhythm of your combos, and think.

The World: NeoParis is an atmospheric and beautiful place. It really is a sight for the eyes. Familiar Parisian landmarks and architecture are spread throughout a world of flying drones, cables, slums, and futuristic skyscrapers. It is, unfortunately, linear. Not a great deal of open-world happens here. However, your objectives are always clear and helpful orange arrows give you tips on where to leap or climb to next. The game does hold your hand when it comes to directions and some gamers may feel it insults their intelligence which I can completely respect. I found the directional prompts useful largely because I didn't want to spend forever hanging from a pipe wondering where to go or what to do next. The non-enemy, non-essential NPCS do not interact with you very much. Some are busy in conversation with other NPCs, others talk to themselves, and some will give you a "I don't have time to chat" in one version or another. As long as you don't have a strong desire to be a social butterfly with NPCs, this means very little.

Collectibles: Like them or hate them, there are a few different collectibles to find in the game. Some, like the Mnemist Memories, give you information and backstory. Others, like SAT Patches, boost your health after every group of five that you find (which you'll occasionally get hints for via holo-screens). Despite being a linear game, collectibles are cleverly hidden around piles of trash, in building crannies, and sometimes behind shutters that you can open with your Spammer. I personally love to find stuff so having multiple collectibles was a great experience for me.

Voice Acting/Characters: Overall, not bad. The only hiccups I noticed is that Nilin's lips don't always sync properly when talking to Edge over the comm in her ear. The dialogue itself wasn't Shakespearean, but it was pretty well done, clearly heard, conveyed believable emotion for the most part, and suited it's purpose. Nilin is the only person in the game that really gets fleshed out as a character, but the devs did a nice job of making her a complex individual that is both driven yet also conflicted. It doesn't help of course that she has lost her memory right from the get-go and has to slowly work it back; forcing her to question herself and her decisions particularly during cutscenes.

Memory Remixing: This is a truely unique feature. You are able, at set parts of the game, to change the events recorded in someone's memory....or even accidentally glitch-out their memory. It basically works like a puzzle: You have to find the right things to change in the right order to get the desired result and complete your objective. Though you don't get these opportunities often enough, as has been one of the recurring criticisms, it's a very enjoyable part of the experience.

Achievements: If you're an achievement getter, prepare to be challenged. As a forewarning, snagging all of the achievements does require multiple play-throughs. But for the size of a game like this, it's not all that taxing.
  17. Jun 11, 2013
    The game is just awesome, detailed world cool music, diverse setting, and most importantly (at least for me) is a very interesting and emotional storyline.
  18. Jun 11, 2013
    Remember me offers one of the best stories in a console/PC game, stunning graphics and a very believable futuristic world. The story is by far the best asset in the game, yet the story unfolds with nearly no player-choices. It provides something close to an interactive movie in the same way as select Naughty Dog games or Ubisoft games. Like a movie, you cannot influence the end, you justRemember me offers one of the best stories in a console/PC game, stunning graphics and a very believable futuristic world. The story is by far the best asset in the game, yet the story unfolds with nearly no player-choices. It provides something close to an interactive movie in the same way as select Naughty Dog games or Ubisoft games. Like a movie, you cannot influence the end, you just discover it while the story moves forward. In my humble opinion, the fact that the world is realistic and Nilin shares thoughts and views with you makes the whole much more compelling.

But lets set the expectations right. If you are looking for freedom of choice, non-linear story. Something like GTA or Saint Row, then this game is not for you. It is closer to a Tomb Raider, Uncharted or Assassin Creed 2.

On the gameplay, as it seems to be a recurring critique:

If I would have to make a mixed review of the gameplay, it would be that it starts too basic and scales up in complexity slowly. Yet, once you are in Episode 4+, faced a couple of Boss and groups of enemies need to be dealt with more care. When you start to have a full arsenal of powers and multiple combos, especially in Memory Hunter mode; then you get the full potential of the gameplay.

But the full potential only comes 4+ hours into the game. That's maybe something DONTNOD should have thought about. The gameplay is not a revolution, but it is better then Assassin Creed or AC2. Even more interesting than Tomb Raider from a combat perspective, even if weaker from a platform gameplay perspective.

Imho, there is a lot of potential for improvement. But it is a first game in a new setting. The augmented reality implementation is very nice. The fact you can recognize Paris places and settings is awesome too. The memory hack principle may need refinement in order to be slightly less time consuming, yet it works fine.
  19. Jun 13, 2013
    This game is a little piece of art itself. After you get through the tutorial (which is pretty well implemented, very immersive) you get in love with the ambientation and the world that the guys from Dontnod Entertainment have created. Ok, the combat system may be not as complex as say Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, etc. But it actually is very fun, the Combo Lab is a really interesting toolThis game is a little piece of art itself. After you get through the tutorial (which is pretty well implemented, very immersive) you get in love with the ambientation and the world that the guys from Dontnod Entertainment have created. Ok, the combat system may be not as complex as say Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, etc. But it actually is very fun, the Combo Lab is a really interesting tool that should be definetly considered for future games of the genre. The level of exploration may be easy and a little linear, but you get to search really well to find all of the easter eggs, and some jumps/animations while doing some platforms are really awesome in my opinion. The levels where you have to remix the memories of a person are simply amazing, again really immersive, you feel completely like playing God.
    But the thing that really impressed me the most was the characters. All of them really polished and created with love. You are going to love Nilin, you are going to love Neo-Paris and you definetly are going to love the soundtrack, which I have to say, it's probably one of the best of the year.

If you like action but you don't consider a "super pro" at the genre, and you like well written stories and emotional characters... believe me, this is your game. You won't be dissapointed.
  20. Jun 15, 2013
    Really enjoyed playing this game. It has a great story and setting, which constantly kept me excited.
    Great characters and beautiful graphics. Definitely a game that I would replay and recommend
  21. Jun 17, 2013
    Awesome game. Enjoyed the adventure from the begining to the end. The atmosphere is awesome, music is fantastic. Art is outstanding. Models are wonderful. I mean.. if you dont like or you dont understand Art will not like the game
  22. Jun 18, 2013
    positive aspects: the main reason, i give this game a 10/10 rating, is it´s story and the atmosphere it creates. first of all, i´m a sci-fi-fan, and there aren´t that many really unique sci-fi-games out there. so here we got a game, that presents a setting unlike the usual post-apocalyptic or horror-fps-stuff. the setting and story are really refreshingly new, the art-style of the gamepositive aspects: the main reason, i give this game a 10/10 rating, is it´s story and the atmosphere it creates. first of all, i´m a sci-fi-fan, and there aren´t that many really unique sci-fi-games out there. so here we got a game, that presents a setting unlike the usual post-apocalyptic or horror-fps-stuff. the setting and story are really refreshingly new, the art-style of the game also. you´ve got moments with comic-art, moments with distortion effects, all very nice. finally the story: it´s based on a nice idea, it´s a creative approach, and there are some nice surprises. even though the end is a little bit predictable, it comes to a satisfying end, not leaving questions unanswered or making stupid cliff-hangers to introduce a planned "remember me 2". and that´s more than almost any game can offer i have played in the last couple of years.

neutral: the game is quite short. some people, like me, might find this positive, some people might be disappointed. i think, this game tells it´s story straight forward, and although i enjoyed every second of it, i´m happy, it doesn´t have any unnecessary lengths. it gives you a few days of excitement, and is finished, before it gets repetitive or boring.

negative: sometimes i struggled with the controls. but usually i buy games not sooner than 6 months after release, when the worst bugs have been patched away and things got a little bit polished. so for a 1-week-old release it´s ok, but i hope, till i will give this game a replay, it will have received some patches concerning the controls.
  23. Jun 22, 2013
    This may be one of the best games of this year. It encompasses a limited, yet beautifully thought up environment with fantastic very customizable gameplay and an amazing plot. on PC there are some choices you can recognize that would be much better with a controller, but it makes up for it with more than fantastic graphics (there's this setting I've never seen before called super-sampling.This may be one of the best games of this year. It encompasses a limited, yet beautifully thought up environment with fantastic very customizable gameplay and an amazing plot. on PC there are some choices you can recognize that would be much better with a controller, but it makes up for it with more than fantastic graphics (there's this setting I've never seen before called super-sampling. It makes everything look amazing but it can lower frame rates.)
    overall this game is one that shall hold a place in my heart for many years to come, and I cannot recommend it enough
  24. Jun 23, 2013
    So i recently picked it up on steam, aware of the mixed reviews. What i got was a average action adventure, which was not memorable for it's mechanics, after all the freeflow combat was adopted from batman with the only adaptation being the combosystems. Unlike batman however, the combat didn't flow as good, but it was still rewarding enough if you timed it right, and the constant hoppingSo i recently picked it up on steam, aware of the mixed reviews. What i got was a average action adventure, which was not memorable for it's mechanics, after all the freeflow combat was adopted from batman with the only adaptation being the combosystems. Unlike batman however, the combat didn't flow as good, but it was still rewarding enough if you timed it right, and the constant hopping shouldn't break your combatflow (it lets you continue the combo). The combo system is also better than people are giving it credit for, i found it quite intuitive. Platforming could've been done better, but i fear this is a necessary evil due to the relatively narrow/linear area's. I suspect this is the devs first big game, they had limited time and resources and therefore could not create a Tomb Raider('13)-like enviroment. However the design of the levels works, and they help build suspension and build atmosphere, helped by the camera angles and lighting.
    The protagonist is why it scores high in my book. I'm not some drooling fanboy, but i'd like to see more non-male (Marcus Fenix type) Protagonists. Because the game wouldn't have worked without it. And it's shameful to see how contrived the gaming industry is, fearing that the game won't sell if there isn't some MANLY MAN posted on the box cover. No, it will likely not attract the Gears of War crowd...but they have gears of war (and will likely stay there). It will attract a different crowd, people who are interested in atmosphere, immersion, and a catchy story. A crowd that is really underserved at this point. And this is what this game is trying to do, and to a large degree pulls of rather nicely. I hope despite the mixed result the publishers see potential in this game, and won't let it turn into another Beyond Good & Evil. Because that's what this game reminds me off. And what i also love about this game. So my high score is 75% creditted to the game, and 25% for sponsoring new and interesting IP's.
  25. Jun 23, 2013
    The only reason I'm giving this game a 10/10 is beacuase I feel the current scoring does not accurately reflect the state of the game at present time. Remember Me is one of the most refreshing gaming experiences I have had in a while.

That said, many people like to complain about the combat, for me the combat was just fine. It was fluid & provided a good customization system for your combos, I only wish it wasn't only limited to four. And since when did linearity become such a bad thing, it is absurd how we declare games as bad if they don't offer Skyrim levels of exploration. I don't want Skryim in my Remember Me. Skyrim was a terrible game that doesn't deserve any of the praise that is currently has. Everything about it was bland & uninspiring. My taxes are too damn high!
  26. Jun 25, 2013
    It's impossible to deny that gameplay is hardly engaging, but it's overly easy not to pay any attention to it thanks to the incredibly immersive world and captivating story, both of which blew mind my mind.
  27. Jun 30, 2013
    Nice mix between Mirror's Edge and Assasins Creed, Also enjoyed the story, the way combos are performed and all the movements that our girl can do! I do anjoyed this game!
  28. Jul 11, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game. It has great graphics and stunning environments, great music, and I loved the sci-fi plot. Definitely nice to have an interesting new plot. The game play is alright. The memory remix is a welcome mechanic, and really fits in well with the game. It's linear, but it fits with Remember Me's story. The combat isn't overly challenging (I played on normal) but some ofI really enjoyed this game. It has great graphics and stunning environments, great music, and I loved the sci-fi plot. Definitely nice to have an interesting new plot. The game play is alright. The memory remix is a welcome mechanic, and really fits in well with the game. It's linear, but it fits with Remember Me's story. The combat isn't overly challenging (I played on normal) but some of the fights are interesting. The story and visual/environmental design absolutely are the strong points of Remember Me. If you like sci-fi at all, you won't want to miss this it's a lot of fun. I look forward to whatever Dontnod makes next. Expand
  29. Jul 14, 2013
    When you not feeling ADHD, and u can concentrate -and let something take you and float you, move you. This game is A MA ZING experience. You get to that other world! -rather than rage in Dota LoL or CS -As a guy who plays dota cs over 8 hours a day and studies about other 8 hours, game programming, im telling you- its a game that frees you for a moment and takes you away!
  30. Jul 16, 2013
    WOW. Most amazing game. So deep and emotional. Big Kudos to the developers. This game is a real piece of art and will be remembered forever.

The mechanics could need some work, that is true. But if the outcome is this impressive I don't care for a little clumsiness.

It's such a shame that the usual reviewer seems to be to stupid to 'get' this game. This is an instant classic.

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Remember Me is a competent action game that never really excels. The story is wasted and the platforming is poorly implemented with the rest of the game. Still the combat system is interesting and the framing around memories is at least somewhat original.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 9, 2013
    A game with great potential, great setting and great music. However, it's knocked down by its incomplete implementation of the original ideas and its frustrating battle system. [Issue#231]
  3. Jul 8, 2013
    There are a lot of ideas packed into this game but I feel like if they would have cut back on a couple of the concepts to focus more on the story then this could have been a real stand out game. As it is now Remember Me is more appealing when it gets cheaper or if you have absolutely nothing to play.