8.0

1. Apr 22, 2014
    The game is simply endless levels of bad guys coming at you that require shooting to death, or in some cases karate kicking or blowing up. The story is clichéd drivel, involving the Illuminati (Los Illuminados) and some zombie type infection-plague, with occasional references to Umbrella. I know this is considered a great classic, but playing for the first time in 2014, it takes a while toThe game is simply endless levels of bad guys coming at you that require shooting to death, or in some cases karate kicking or blowing up. The story is clichéd drivel, involving the Illuminati (Los Illuminados) and some zombie type infection-plague, with occasional references to Umbrella. I know this is considered a great classic, but playing for the first time in 2014, it takes a while to get used to. The controls and over-shoulder camera view are not very satisfying. Effectively the game is just about grinding and blasting your way from one environment to the next, in the search of an important young woman who has been kidnapped by some shady people – comical villains really. There are some puzzles along the way, but the boss fights are more challenging … According to my Steam stats I killed almost 900 enemies and it took over 16 hours to complete. That’s a lot of shooting. I may be in the minority here, but I actually remember enjoying RE5 more than this one. That being said, the game provides incredibly good value for money. According to my calculations each enemy I killed cost me 1.7p, based on 886 enemies taken care of, from an outlay of £15. I also died 92 times, apparently, so that’s 16p per death!
    Some comments on the port – I have never seen the original version or the previous PC version/s, so cannot compare. Yes I experienced a few annoyances, not just related to the controls. However, I never had any issues that impacted on my game experience other than a serious slow-down in FPS that happened sporadically. If we had better viewing angles and camera controls, this would have made a big difference.
  2. Mar 1, 2014
    It isn't worse! I just think Capcom and I have very different ideas of what a "re-texture" is. It looks like it's running through a dolphin emulator! I barely see any updates in the graphics besides a higher resolution. The mouse aiming is not 1 to 1, raw mouse input; your mouse is emulating a joystick. You are at the mercy of your sensitivity settings. this isn't news to a console gamer,It isn't worse! I just think Capcom and I have very different ideas of what a "re-texture" is. It looks like it's running through a dolphin emulator! I barely see any updates in the graphics besides a higher resolution. The mouse aiming is not 1 to 1, raw mouse input; your mouse is emulating a joystick. You are at the mercy of your sensitivity settings. this isn't news to a console gamer, but when your mouse is off the desk before you were able to turn as much as you wanted . . . not a good thing. Don't even get me started on user interface and keyboard-only menu navigation - "backspace," "delete" & "Page down" is how they want you to arrange your suitcase (which they don't tell you) out of ALL the keys on a keyboard. Why not just use the keys I've BEEN using? Expand
  3. Mar 2, 2014
    Apologized for my bad English but man, I hate this port so much (just like the 2007 port). First, 60 fps is a Joke, it bug as hell and auto slow down your game. Second, the control with mouse and keyboard is stupid, when you reload ammo you need to Aim first then press R, why don't just press R like in Resident Evil 5, and when you use the knife you can control the camera with keyboard butApologized for my bad English but man, I hate this port so much (just like the 2007 port). First, 60 fps is a Joke, it bug as hell and auto slow down your game. Second, the control with mouse and keyboard is stupid, when you reload ammo you need to Aim first then press R, why don't just press R like in Resident Evil 5, and when you use the knife you can control the camera with keyboard but with mouse, and the camera is always auto turn around like f*cking annoying. Third, the HD texture is not good for me, the color is 16bit, graphic overal suck but you know what, it require a super PC that can handle Farcry 3 (max setting) to run this game at 60fps (not always stable). And last is the cutscenes, it good to know that this time they know how make cutscence that really is in-game graphic, not clip, yeah, I was exciting at first, but then when i saw the opening and the seperate ways cutscenes, I know I was wrong, cause it still use the PS2 clips with res 518*336, no AA and color is 8bit. Overal, this is a big disapointed for me, but for anyone else who ever play this, it will be a good memory. Expand
  4. Mar 2, 2014
    This is a good HD Edition game. In true fact: It uses Wii/PS3/Xbox360 edition version. Gameplay is same but graphics are totally different and nice. But the only program is that, they sometimes cause graphical issues and some cutscenes still use the old crappy PC version.
  5. Oct 7, 2015
    Another crappy port. They didnt learn much from the first pc port. The game itself is good. It does have flaws.
    But what kills this is its not made for the pc in mind. Not to mention the crashes even on the 1.06 version. And im sure they will never fix it.
  6. Jun 8, 2014
    The game is fun but the controls are just awful. This game was released in 2005 for PC, right? Well, there is simply no excuse for the awkward control system, none.
  7. May 1, 2014
    This is the best RE ever and it's inumerous qualities have been discussed since it's launch on Game Cube. It deserved a 10/10 back then, hands down. But almost 10 years later, only a complete remake would guarantee such high score. This is not what you'll get here, though. Far from it.

But... This is the best PC version, so I can't give it less than 7.
  8. Dec 12, 2014
    They've done what we've all asked for but very poorly, Better than the first PC port by a mile, but still better to play the original on the consoles. That is all I have to say...
  9. Apr 12, 2016
    Como juego después de jugarlo solo puedo decir que es muy bueno, me gusta el 5 y el 6, el 4 está muy bien (es la jugabilidad del 5, basicamente)

En lo técnico, es en mi opinión justillo, porque aunque sea 'hd' la mejora sobre la cversión original de gamecube o wii, es muy leve. Mejor se ve, sí, pero muy poco mejor.

La puntuación si es "alta" es porque el juego es bueno.

1. May 14, 2014
    Sadly the final score has to be lower than originally expected, at least until the developers can fix the issues. Resident Evil 4: Ultimate HD Edition is essentially the great PC version we've been waiting for all these years, it is priced quite reasonably and, under normal conditions, I would recommend the game wholeheartedly to fans of the series and newcomers alike, but not until all the bugs have been squashed. Until then, keep your money in your pockets.
  2. Apr 29, 2014
    If you haven’t played Resident Evil 4, it’s still absolutely worth playing. It’s a definite classic that stands along with the likes of Half Life 2 as one of the best games of its generation.
  3. Apr 24, 2014
    Resident Evil 4 is still one of the best games ever made, but less-than-ideal mouse and keyboard controls and a barely noticeable texture upgrade keep this PC port from being the ultimate version of this masterpiece that it could have been.