7.4

1. Nov 28, 2011
    This game is amazing. This game is the definition of a horror game, in my opinion. The story line is well-written, and the voice acting is much better than that of the previous games. This game deserves a 10, but I give it a 7. The reason being is that it does not make for a good PC port. The controls are very hard to play on, and the aiming system is flawed. Aside from this, though it does the horror genre and the Resident Evil series proud. This one is worth picking up and playing! Expand
  2. Oct 5, 2012
    I'm a hardcore PC gamer and I don't usually confused about the controls. I played it with keyboard and that's a good challenge for me. The graphics are cool but others says it sucks, I admit the cut-scene was low quality and what's important is it's story. The story is enjoyable, the gameplay are great, and the puzzles are challenging too. I don't really give high rating in games but the reason I give it 10 is because it's challenge me as a PC gamer. Expand
  3. Apr 21, 2011
    The port itself was not so great, but with a couple mods (Mouse Aiming, Hi-Res and Improved Textures) It becomes the best version of the game. My main gripe is that the quick time event buttons are numbered actions, instead of the name of the action or a picture of the key it is related to.
  4. Jan 18, 2012
    Peut-etre un dès meilleur jeu de zombi que j'ai jouer, mais surement pas les meilleur graphismes cependant améliorer depuis le patch 2.0 , seulement 30 FPS ça pique les yeux.
    je conseille fortement d'avoir une manette PC car pour les combinaisons de touche il est difficile de les trouver du premier coup
  5. Mar 15, 2012
    Use a gamepad and it's instantly as good as it is on consoles. The graphics are slightly better, and with one of the many available texture packs it's much better. The FMV looks terrible but the PC version is the best of this outstanding game.
  6. Apr 17, 2012
    Wow! What an amazing game it is! This game is fantastic. It seems like all I hear on reviews about the PC port is how much it sucks compared to a console, but really it isn't that bad. Sure it might take some getting used to, and the controls are a bit lacking but I learned it and it soon became second nature. That aside, it is one of the greatest games I've ever played. It is very immersive and it's hard to put it down. Expand
  7. sLm
    Oct 17, 2012
    It took me a whole school grade to complete it. It was long, scary, and it took place at Spain XDDD I can't ask for anything else, it's just an awesome game.
  8. Mar 23, 2013
    Dear capcom just do a one good thing in your life and give us a good PC port of RE4!
    Is it to hard to make a new PC port and release it on Steam?
    I think no.
  9. Mar 9, 2013
    When I bought this game about 5 years ago, I did not expect that I will still play it today. Easily one of the best games of the past decade. A lot of people hate the PC version for the controls and the lack of mouse support. For me the controls add the much needed difficulty, that today's games are lacking (few exceptions of course). Mastering the gameplay and completing the story in professional mode for the first time was incredibly rewarding. I can't compare it to other versions, since I haven't played them, but I would still choose the PC version because I think it's the ultimate hardcore gaming experience (since then I played it with a controller too, but I still like to play it with keyboard as well). I also like aspects, like you can't move when you shoot and the realistic aiming. The level design is great, to be able to find the most efficient strategy against the monsters, takes a great deal of patience and trials. Needs a deeper understanding of how they work in their environment and you have to learn exactly where they are come from and how many of them in each level. This way you can learn, which kind of ammunition needs to be saved up for certain parts. The presentation is also great, with the eerie settings, chilling soundtrack and memorable and scary enemies. The story is not really special, but somehow it's very engaging and long too. This is the perfect TPS and a gaming experience that shouldn't be missed. Expand
  10. Aug 4, 2013
    Grafika je slaba kao i kontrole, ali zato priča sa puno zapleta, pravovremenim animacijama, odlično osmišljenim protivnicima, odličnim izborom oružja kao i unaprijeđenje istih.
  11. Dec 4, 2011
    this game is fun and great but got harmed by a controller zombies,Controller was a painful and i should waste my money for a controller.And i didn`t see any changes between PS2 and PC,it was same thing.Graphics and videos was still Low Detail....And i think consider this game was a lousy port.
  12. Mar 14, 2012
    Overrated, boring game that fully discrases the name of resident evil. Capcom took there fans and took a complete dookie on there face and smeared it around! This is a terrible game. Its not even an RE GAME! WOW! Its got Leon And Ada... Woopty doo, its still not worthy of bearing the name Resident Evil 4. Resident Evil 4 should of been something completely different. This is stupid. Buy Resident Evil Outbreak, Resident Evil Code veronica, or Resident evil Operation Raccoon City INstead! Expand
  13. Aug 17, 2012
    I didn't play the console versions, but this one is OK. Resident Evil 4 on PC haves fancy graphics, but the controls are complicated. Resident Evil 4 on PC, is just like copying the Gamecube version, and putting in the PC, with the same controls tutorial, where in PC the controls are showed from Gamecube controls. Still, fun and addictive. 69 out of 100
  14. Feb 12, 2013
    the story involves you playing as leon kennedy, some might remember from resident evil 2. it basically involves you investigating a mysterious new virus that spread in europe and the president's daughter of the usa, gets kidnapped. gameplay controls are not that good to be honest. feels really blocky, but the aiming is okay. lots of crazed zombies to fight, they are faster moving than resident evil 3 and require better control. music and graphics are solid, it definitely looks like a port from ps2 but its still solid. no support for 360 controller so using a keyboard and mouse can be problematic at times for console ported games. Expand
  15. Nov 17, 2013
    This is where RE series started to go wrong changing from a survival horror into a action shooter. Still ignoring the RE in the title its still a very fun game to play.
  16. Sep 13, 2014
    RE 1 and 2 were clearly major hits that propelled the series into almost countless novels, comic books, movies, merchandise and of course all the spin-off games. Once the series made it to RE2, Capcom of course released RE 3, which wasn't hated... but it was boring. Which is probably the worst insult you can give to a video game. At least if you hate something you are mad because you wanted something else or something more. It was clear to Capcom that just using the original formula of survival horror wasn't going to work for RE4. This is where everything changed for the series, and quite dramatically, not minor.

It was the first time ammo conservation was too easy, especially for a seasoned RE player. The voice acting in this one was quite bad, considering how it was their first triple A release. The Spanish characters speak using some generic English accent and often say 'bloke', which is an Australian term. According to Americans, all people outside of America (Capcom's translation team) are a conglomerate of random things merely outside of America.I get that the voice acting in RE1 was horrible, but the funding was very low and it was a game from 1996, not 2005.

The game was far from scary as it was trying too hard to entertain. Seeing "zombies" place traps and pick up chainsaws turned the initial (and anticipated) opening experience from bread and butter zombie fighting to just silly, over-the-top, juvenile attempts at horror. As the game progressed on, it shifted into an even worse, bad, pre-juvenille Halloween scare-show that your parents would take you to. Every monster was trying too hard to scare you, and that just defeated the purpose immediately. What made the originally RE games scary was the remote feeling of being left behind with zombies, not on some kind of freak show where monsters from every bad 80's movie keep calling you over to look at them like an attention starved drama queen.

And the I think the worst insult I can give this game is that it was BORING. I couldn't bring myself to play it after 10 hours or so. Capcom just took a giant dookie on this game, and copied the same crap that Konami was doing for Resident Evil ("epic" boss fights against giants, cinema like cut scenes which make no sense in a survival horror game). It was Capcom's all out attempt to re-make a game that was amazing when it first came out and when challanged with making something new and good again they failed both times. First with RE:3, which was just a boring, hastily put together copy of RE:2, and then with RE:4 which was just a re-done franchise and almost near copy of every generic PS2 action game.

1. It's a simple port of a console game and as such is best played on a console.
  2. The best bit is that you can experience the whole story again through the eyes of a completely different character, thus unwrapping further details about the plot. This kind of storytelling is not found too often and it was certainly a pleasure to undertake.
  3. This is actually technically inferior to the console versions, and it badly hurts the experience. Just because it works on the PC doesn't make it a PC game - ask for your fiver back, Capcom. [Apr 2007, p.84]