7.3

1. Oct 5, 2012
    I'm a hardcore PC gamer and I don't usually confused about the controls. I played it with keyboard and that's a good challenge for me. The graphics are cool but others says it sucks, I admit the cut-scene was low quality and what's important is it's story. The story is enjoyable, the gameplay are great, and the puzzles are challenging too. I don't really give high rating in games but the reason I give it 10 is because it's challenge me as a PC gamer. Expand
  2. Apr 21, 2011
    The port itself was not so great, but with a couple mods (Mouse Aiming, Hi-Res and Improved Textures) It becomes the best version of the game. My main gripe is that the quick time event buttons are numbered actions, instead of the name of the action or a picture of the key it is related to.
  3. Mar 15, 2012
    Use a gamepad and it's instantly as good as it is on consoles. The graphics are slightly better, and with one of the many available texture packs it's much better. The FMV looks terrible but the PC version is the best of this outstanding game.
  4. Apr 17, 2012
    Wow! What an amazing game it is! This game is fantastic. It seems like all I hear on reviews about the PC port is how much it sucks compared to a console, but really it isn't that bad. Sure it might take some getting used to, and the controls are a bit lacking but I learned it and it soon became second nature. That aside, it is one of the greatest games I've ever played. It is very immersive and it's hard to put it down. Expand
  5. sLm
    Oct 17, 2012
    It took me a whole school grade to complete it. It was long, scary, and it took place at Spain XDDD I can't ask for anything else, it's just an awesome game.
  6. Mar 23, 2013
    Dear capcom just do a one good thing in your life and give us a good PC port of RE4!
    Is it to hard to make a new PC port and release it on Steam?
    I think no.
  7. Mar 9, 2013
    When I bought this game about 5 years ago, I did not expect that I will still play it today. Easily one of the best games of the past decade. A lot of people hate the PC version for the controls and the lack of mouse support. For me the controls add the much needed difficulty, that today's games are lacking (few exceptions of course). Mastering the gameplay and completing the story in professional mode for the first time was incredibly rewarding. I can't compare it to other versions, since I haven't played them, but I would still choose the PC version because I think it's the ultimate hardcore gaming experience (since then I played it with a controller too, but I still like to play it with keyboard as well). I also like aspects, like you can't move when you shoot and the realistic aiming. The level design is great, to be able to find the most efficient strategy against the monsters, takes a great deal of patience and trials. Needs a deeper understanding of how they work in their environment and you have to learn exactly where they are come from and how many of them in each level. This way you can learn, which kind of ammunition needs to be saved up for certain parts. The presentation is also great, with the eerie settings, chilling soundtrack and memorable and scary enemies. The story is not really special, but somehow it's very engaging and long too. This is the perfect TPS and a gaming experience that shouldn't be missed. Expand
  8. Aug 4, 2013
    Grafika je slaba kao i kontrole, ali zato priča sa puno zapleta, pravovremenim animacijama, odlično osmišljenim protivnicima, odličnim izborom oružja kao i unaprijeđenje istih.

1. It's a simple port of a console game and as such is best played on a console.
  2. The best bit is that you can experience the whole story again through the eyes of a completely different character, thus unwrapping further details about the plot. This kind of storytelling is not found too often and it was certainly a pleasure to undertake.
  3. This is actually technically inferior to the console versions, and it badly hurts the experience. Just because it works on the PC doesn't make it a PC game - ask for your fiver back, Capcom. [Apr 2007, p.84]