5.7

1. Mar 23, 2013
    Gameplay is really fun, but very frustrating at times. You will die A LOT. The camera angles are simply awful at times, and aiming is super cumbersome, even though you're using a mouse. If an enemy is close to you, you're better off unloading a whole magazine then trying to aim for the head, because 9/10 times you will just completely miss even though the crosshair is right on the head.Gameplay is really fun, but very frustrating at times. You will die A LOT. The camera angles are simply awful at times, and aiming is super cumbersome, even though you're using a mouse. If an enemy is close to you, you're better off unloading a whole magazine then trying to aim for the head, because 9/10 times you will just completely miss even though the crosshair is right on the head. Graphics are pretty mediocre, as can be expected from DX9 technology, but the game runs rather poorly on my AMD 1090t and 4gb 2000mhz ram and a 6970 2gb GPU. It bogs down and stutters randomly. Oh and there's plenty of screen tearing too if you disable vsync, which with it enabled, induces input lag. Not a bad game. I just hope they start patching the bugs soon. Expand
  2. Dec 28, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 is not a good game. Perhaps it looks nice and cool, but behind the good graphics is a game with uninteresting and way too long story, no atmosphere how it should be, bad controls and very stupid enemies. I played Resident Evil 5 and it was much better, even without horror, but here the want you to be scared and don't make it.
  3. Nov 20, 2013
    I have very mixed feelings with regards to Resident Evil 6; on one side it was a solid action shooter and on the other it was dragged out, lacked any real horror aspect, contained unnecessary amounts of QTE’s and generally held your hand a little to much… The game does look fantastic and it’s very flashy, but the game is built as a series of battle arenas with corridors between them… II have very mixed feelings with regards to Resident Evil 6; on one side it was a solid action shooter and on the other it was dragged out, lacked any real horror aspect, contained unnecessary amounts of QTE’s and generally held your hand a little to much… The game does look fantastic and it’s very flashy, but the game is built as a series of battle arenas with corridors between them… I really do miss the exploration and re-visitation aspect that the games used to have… This game also has four separate campaigns which (too me) all felt to closely tied together meaning you often killed the same bosses from a different perceptive and felt like a easy way to extend the length of there game… It seriously is a jack of all trades and master of none… However, I can recommend this if you want a shooter, but this made all the same mistakes as Resident Evil 5; plus a few more… Expand
  4. Feb 4, 2014
    Although Resident evil had great upper-hand in horror action genre third person shooting from Biohazzard 4 (The most anticipated series of year) to Resident evil 5 with epic game play .. but 6th installment made me very disappointed with no deep story , They need to do some great deal of hardwork on every pillar of Game especially on storyline and characters
  5. Mar 21, 2014
    It is NOT horror,it is an action/shooter game.I am a huge RE fun,it is my favourite game of all time(especially RE and RE3)but this is not RE I love.No puzzles,no object finding,just shott and shoot.Last good RE game was 4th.
  6. Aug 11, 2014
    It's a good game but it has taken steps towards the wrong direction. Too much action oriented, a bad inventory not letting you fix and organize your weapons and items and many campaigns that actually take place the same time ruining the immersion factor. I would definitely prefer one big campaign. Technically the game looks and feels good.
  7. Mar 26, 2014
    I don't understand how these huge developers continue to mess up their games with poor design choices. The overlapping story structure isn't fun. It cheapens the campaigns with repetition that only escalates as you clear them. Why did they ever give up on the exploration/puzzle/supply conservation/equipment upgrading aspects of the series? Everything that was unique about it was junked forI don't understand how these huge developers continue to mess up their games with poor design choices. The overlapping story structure isn't fun. It cheapens the campaigns with repetition that only escalates as you clear them. Why did they ever give up on the exploration/puzzle/supply conservation/equipment upgrading aspects of the series? Everything that was unique about it was junked for a cookie cutter shooter plagued with an endless string of button mashing qtes and about 300 miles of chase scenes. The only RE tradition still intact is the terribly cheesy dialog. Expand
  8. Aug 6, 2013
    This game is for the most part lots of fun. The only reason I gave it a mediocre score is that I have never seen a game where the player has so many controls and constraints. You are told when to shoot, where to go, and how to get there. The player has few choices. Likewise, the cut scenes were exremely intrusive and didn't allow me to get into a rhythm. Finally, as one reviewer onThis game is for the most part lots of fun. The only reason I gave it a mediocre score is that I have never seen a game where the player has so many controls and constraints. You are told when to shoot, where to go, and how to get there. The player has few choices. Likewise, the cut scenes were exremely intrusive and didn't allow me to get into a rhythm. Finally, as one reviewer on Steam reported, this game is actually very complex in terms of melee combos and equipping weapons. There is a long learning curve in this game. Overall, I would recommend waiting until the price drops before investing in this game. Expand
  9. Sep 24, 2013
    i am really disappointed with capcom as they ruined my favorite game series ever what happened to resident evil why did it turn from survival horror to third person shooter the story is so shallow gameplay is not good i gave this game so many chances but i never get myself to finish it so repetitive and so insulting for every fan of the series
  10. AWG
    Aug 12, 2013
    Not really what I was expecting. I thought I had to fight infects in a set of very creepy and somewhere scary scenarios but this game was neither creepy nor scary (at least, in the first two hours, then I dropped it). All you have to do is watch unoriginal cut-scenes (I'm not against cut-scenes and I like to enjoy well-done... but those from this game aren't good at all) and basically doNot really what I was expecting. I thought I had to fight infects in a set of very creepy and somewhere scary scenarios but this game was neither creepy nor scary (at least, in the first two hours, then I dropped it). All you have to do is watch unoriginal cut-scenes (I'm not against cut-scenes and I like to enjoy well-done... but those from this game aren't good at all) and basically do what the game tell you to do, when it tell you. Pretty dull. Also, too many characters: who wants to be a lady if there's no Jill choice? Mediocre. Expand
  11. Mar 26, 2013
    Good video game. Though it needs lots of patches to improve its graphics and game play. Better than the previous Resident evil. well, I'm not sure.
  12. Mar 22, 2013
    RE6 has very cinematic atmosphere, good graphics for a console title, and very nice gore effects when shooting zombies. that sums up the positives.
    Quicktime events and always changing keys for them will frustrate you to no end. You will die a lot because it will not be clear what button to press in time. Maybe this can be levied with using an X360 controller.
    The aiming is utter and
    The aiming is utter and complete BS. You will either take literally up to 10 seconds to line up one headshot or misfire when you spray before your aim is aligned, your choice. There are better ways to make shooters harder. Messing up your aim by giving you a handicap that a bottle of wine straight up would give you is not a good way to make a shooter more challenging... overall very bad gameplay mechanics and design.
    I'm still oughta check the aim issue with a x360 controller, but, ya know, KB+mouse is supposed to be... yeah... DEAD accurate as opposed to washy analog controls... game designers orz
  13. Apr 26, 2013
    This is no longer resident evil. sure, the shooter part of the game is fun, the graphics and character models are great.

but when it comes to chase scenes, inventory management, STORY... it becomes not so great. especially the camera in chase scenes.

there's also... too many QTE segments.
  14. Jun 7, 2013
    Frustrating controls especially during chase scenes, frustrating quick time events, and enemies that just get more and more ridiculous as the game progresses.
  15. PFA
    Mar 25, 2013
    The most upsetting thing about RE 6 is that, for some reason that is beyond me, it decided to ignore some of the better mechanics of RE 5 PC and reworked something that just did not need reworking. It is also below par graphically and features some of the worst examples of driving in recent video game history.

Other than that, I recommend it for the fun coop side of it all, which might

Other than that, I recommend it for the fun coop side of it all, which might have undermined "the horror", had there been any left to start with. RE 6 features perhaps too much silliness to be a truly memorable entry in the RE universe, yet as a whole it still works well enough to provide a good time.
  16. Mar 22, 2013
    This game seems awesome, i liked most the other resident evils, even during their evolution from horror to comedic shooters. But this is unplayable for me, only because of the camera angle and controls, the controls are incredibly awkward with no chance to chance some of the stuff to mouse button keys, thats fine, ill get use to it. But mix these bad controls with a camera that constantlyThis game seems awesome, i liked most the other resident evils, even during their evolution from horror to comedic shooters. But this is unplayable for me, only because of the camera angle and controls, the controls are incredibly awkward with no chance to chance some of the stuff to mouse button keys, thats fine, ill get use to it. But mix these bad controls with a camera that constantly spins this way and that way, jumps from angle to angle.

Let me give you a example, playing as ada, im runing through the sub, i jump up to kick a enemy, i juck, kick him, the camera switches from one angle to other, now i turn around cause i got a mass following behind him, camera switches around again throwing off what should of been a fluid action. I died as a result of a enemy running up on me and i couldnt quite adjust just right to fire on him.

I plan on uninstalling it cause the camera jittering coupled with goofy controls only because it gives me a headache, if it wasnt for that id probably suffer through it.

(just another example, i was trying to figure out how to equip the pipebomb arrows, i assumed it was a secondary ammo, i hit a few of the generic keys, nothing worked, went into the options to look it up, i saw a command that sounded like it would do just what i was after, so i hit G, it only switched from sub machine gun to crossbow.....i still have no idea how to switch ammos out).

Just to show you where im coming from, im not a cowadooty kid, i stopped when it lost its way after united offense.

Games a easy 8/10, but with my issues id throw it as a 5 or 6.
  17. Apr 16, 2013
    1 campaign gives you 6-7 hours to play, and with 4 campaigns available, you can beat this game over 23 hours i think

i recommend you to play this game with partner, play alone (single player) in this game is too easy since your partner AI is invicible

Graphic is good, but too many graphic glitches i found in this game, and tons of bug even after updating your game version
  18. May 7, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 is exactly what I assumed where the series was going and I'm happy the creators finally decided whether they wanted an action game or a horror game. I knew they'd pick an action game and I laughed quite a lot at the all over the top sequences scattered throughout. Anyone, which is most, wanted the series to go back to the survival horror aspect, they didn't to most people'sResident Evil 6 is exactly what I assumed where the series was going and I'm happy the creators finally decided whether they wanted an action game or a horror game. I knew they'd pick an action game and I laughed quite a lot at the all over the top sequences scattered throughout. Anyone, which is most, wanted the series to go back to the survival horror aspect, they didn't to most people's grief.
    While it's not what I wanted either, I do love how fluid the combat system is and I do actually love to play the game. If the game didn't have Resident Evil on it I'd probably love it a lot more along with a lot more. Though it takes a huge downturn to see this great series slowly became more "mainstream" so it's less of a horror game and just fully on action, as I keep stating.
    Though I am fine with the game as is. I don't see it as a horror game continuation from my childhood, it's just what this series has turned into and I enjoy it for what it is. I loved the co-op in quite a lot of the game except the extremely shoe-horned in Ada and the Agent co-op. I enjoyed Ada's campaign the way it was and I saw no change needed.
    Resident Evil 6 is a decent game with fluent game play and for that I enjoy it. For the series ever going back to the original survival horror scattered with puzzle I don't have hope for the future of Resident Evil.
  19. May 26, 2013
    I give this game a 6,it does feel like a Movie Based game.But sorry to say that Resident Evil 6 are gone too far about Climax-ing the game.First i wanna talk about the positive one,is how the game looks like a movie itself,its really cool when playing with good cutscenes,next the Story,there`s a 4 of them,which takes about 3-5 hour to finish it,pretty cool,and lastly,there`s a 2 playerI give this game a 6,it does feel like a Movie Based game.But sorry to say that Resident Evil 6 are gone too far about Climax-ing the game.First i wanna talk about the positive one,is how the game looks like a movie itself,its really cool when playing with good cutscenes,next the Story,there`s a 4 of them,which takes about 3-5 hour to finish it,pretty cool,and lastly,there`s a 2 player co-op mode,not bad,but awesome for RE6.Well now,the Negative one.The Horror......Where is it!! Its not even horror game at all! Second,Gameplay,sometimes its kinda ok,sometimes it kinda annoying,and the place where you played at,is rather less space than actual game does,like example,playing leon mission Fighting the Boss Fatty first time,fighting on the Small house area,really punishing me so hard,overall for the gameplay,kinda annoying.Third,the controller sucks,complicated as hell.Even on PC keyboard.Lastly,the Cutscenes,way overboard.Way climatic.Way Overused.Way Longer than Gameplay itself.This is a joke for a Resident Evil Fans.I think RE5 and even better than this but the problem is,the game engine on this game was badly optimized on some graphics,for example,Intel HD 4000 can`t even run at all.But I can run RE5,ya kidding me.Now i own NVidia and still looks uglier than RE5. Expand
  20. May 3, 2013
    This is a review of Leon and Chris campaigns, I just couldn't get myself to play the others. I liked the Leon campaign it had kinda that RE horror feel to it. Chris campaign was more action packed so I didn't quite liked it but it was ok I suppose.
  21. Mar 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the better console ports that I have seen, plenty of new features to the game, mostly in primping an customizing your profile though. At the point of writing this, the COOP is playable with occasional drop outs and lag but not enough to ruin the experience. The problem come in with the controls however. They have given you more control of your character, but aiming and shooting are very flaky up close as the camera angle always seems to be jut of, enough to cause you to miss those crucial up close shots consistently enough to make close quarter's fighting a real chore. The zombies have also sen a big overhaul, mainly in the form of new types of zombies, enough to keep fights interesting, especially early on. The second overhaul, zombie moves i one I am not so fond of. Zombies now can leap massive distances and when down on the ground are even more dangerous than their walking variant.
    Overall the game is good but is held back back some basic control problems that really should not plague a game that i so similar to its predecessors which were a joy to play.
  22. Apr 30, 2013
    the game is not like before when it use to be scary and the zombies you have to run away from them most of the time now the game transformed to be like left for dead just keep killing zombies like no tomorrow
  23. Mar 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Gameplay 6/10 slightly clunky controls I had to use my Xbox gamepad to get through some irritating dashing segments in chris' and jake's campaign.

Story 5/10 your general resident evil fare, secret evil incorporated wants to destroy the world for some reason, and thinks it's going to be a better place afterwards

Characters 4/10 Leon hates women, women love Leon... Chris wants to be a good soldier but has serious roid rage... Jake is a Merc and is only in it for the money until something in his head makes it personal... Ada is the femme-fatale who you cant figure out if she's good or bad... Sherry and Helena are walking and ass....

Overall it's a decent game, not the best but FAR from the worst, put your brain aside and enjoy it with a friend

oh and the PC version has split screen! SPLIT-SCREEN (do this more developers!)
  24. May 21, 2013
    though i was excited about this game and played it for more than a lil of 24 hours it was ok..doesn't feel that amazing in some ways but i liked the fact that the story co-op mode is fun, other then that there's really nothing to it.
  25. Jun 18, 2013
    Resident Evil 4 made revolution moving the serie from horror-running to action, and RE5 almost crossed that line between "great" and "just a shooter". Well, RE 6 is all about shooting. User interface is worse than ever, and invisible walls makes the game very linear without even a little hope to turn somewhere... but you just run trough this huge corridor most part of the game.
    But still
    But still it's not as bad as it could be. And having good parents always gives you a point or two.
  26. May 1, 2013
    This wasn't the Resident Evil game I wanted, but I've had a lot of fun with it none the less. Trying to GoW/CoD-tardify the RE franchise has been a huge blunder on Capcom's end. Even with that said this is a fully fleshed out experience full of cool modes, multiple campaigns and an interesting albeit off the rails storyline. If you are looking for a good and weird 3rd person sci-fi (IThis wasn't the Resident Evil game I wanted, but I've had a lot of fun with it none the less. Trying to GoW/CoD-tardify the RE franchise has been a huge blunder on Capcom's end. Even with that said this is a fully fleshed out experience full of cool modes, multiple campaigns and an interesting albeit off the rails storyline. If you are looking for a good and weird 3rd person sci-fi (I refuse to call it horror) shooter you could do far worse. I'd suggest waiting for a sale however. Expand
  27. May 7, 2013
    This game has a lot of flaws. Poor level design, the end boss gets recycled for about three times. There´s no Horror at all! The characters are very likeable except for Helena Harper (you will hate that she has a good AI though. The cutscenes are good and they are good but the dialogues are cheesy as hell. The gameplay is good and makes a lot of fun! The only problem is the cover system.This game has a lot of flaws. Poor level design, the end boss gets recycled for about three times. There´s no Horror at all! The characters are very likeable except for Helena Harper (you will hate that she has a good AI though. The cutscenes are good and they are good but the dialogues are cheesy as hell. The gameplay is good and makes a lot of fun! The only problem is the cover system. It doesn´t work. In order to duck and get behind cover you need to press LT and A at the same time and you need to hold them! That´s annyoing, don´t use the cover system its annyoing. In one campaign it´s essential though. In the Chris Campaign. THe graphics are old even on the oc, but at least the models and light effects look decent. The overall length is about 20 to 24 hrs. Four Campaigns, Collectibles, Skill Points, the game tries to take you on a long journey. You think that´s it? Hell, no! The inventory system is you can only take as many items as you have slots, but in the game you get a lot of ammo and your inventory gets full very fast. The game is extremly linear and the puzzles and riddles are for monkeys. The quicktime events are annyoing and many of them are unnecessary or even too easy! What´s left to say? The controls are a lil bit delayed but that´s for the "survival aspect" of this game. It has fully Xbox 360 Support though. The mouse and controller controls are both good and feel good. At all the game feels smooth but it has many holes, it´s like a BMW you like to drive even though the car is old and needs to get repaired. I suggest to buy this game because of it´s fun but only for about 15 bucks. Wait for steam sale or buy it cheap on Amazon. Expand
  28. Oct 12, 2013
    not bad for a game
    but as most of what people have probably said, this isn't a good successor to the resident evil franchise, I LOVED the first 3 and code veronica, this is kinda action oriented, BUT a lot better than RE5
  29. Feb 27, 2014
    If you are a fan of Resident Evil I would definitely say give this a try, it's a good game, it's just nothing at all like the originals. In my opinion the games lost their "evilness" after RE 4, But still a great game, the controls are solid and the story is acceptable.
  30. Apr 23, 2014
    For people like me who don't care so much about details in graphics or so much about realism and technical stuff,RE6 is a great game,with a very good scenario and a lot of nice action.It is much different than the other REs,but in a quite successful way
  31. Apr 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game and the history of leon median and delayed but the gameplay and good, I liked chris so that the gameplay is not as good as that of Leon jake and the median in all, the story and gameplay and the ada and fantastic, and play with this amazing lady! Expand
  32. Dec 14, 2014
    I don't know how they let the series slip so far below Resident Evil 5. Here the art, enemies, level design, environments, sound design, and animations are all worse. In order to find items you must use the Genesis scanner which adds a clunky extra step. The situations the game puts you into do not make much sense and don't flow together very well. A lot of times enemies, just keep comingI don't know how they let the series slip so far below Resident Evil 5. Here the art, enemies, level design, environments, sound design, and animations are all worse. In order to find items you must use the Genesis scanner which adds a clunky extra step. The situations the game puts you into do not make much sense and don't flow together very well. A lot of times enemies, just keep coming out of the walls until you kill a certain number. A lot of times you are forced into really stupid situations that don't enhance the game (like Chris breaking his leg). In this game there is not much imagination or artistry. All of the main character models look worse than before. Jill is now very different looking, when in #5 she was perfect. I also think Resident Evil 5s chris looked better. The game is less theatrical and not well imagined. I even think this game is worse than Resident Evil 4 in all areas. I can't quite say why I disliked this, but it just seems like no one working on the project did a job that was excellent. Expand
  33. Sep 22, 2014
    It's an okay console port. No real complaints about that. The graphics are nice, but texture resolution is a bit on the low side and almost every level is really dark, so bump the brightness up if you need to.

Leon's campaign is enjoyable, though it does get monotonous toward the end. The other campaigns aren't worth your time, besides maybe Chris'. RE6 is a mediocre game that

Leon's campaign is enjoyable, though it does get monotonous toward the end.

The other campaigns aren't worth your time, besides maybe Chris'.

RE6 is a mediocre game that doesn't compare very well with its predecessors. A real shame.
  34. Nov 13, 2014
    The best advice I can give if you are going to play this RE6 is start with the Leon missions. Play the missions in the order they appear, Chris second, and so on. I thought you chose one character and played the whole game with that person and skill set. I chose Ada, and it was incredibly difficult with hardly any ammo. Sheer desperation made me mention how hard it was in a forum, and IThe best advice I can give if you are going to play this RE6 is start with the Leon missions. Play the missions in the order they appear, Chris second, and so on. I thought you chose one character and played the whole game with that person and skill set. I chose Ada, and it was incredibly difficult with hardly any ammo. Sheer desperation made me mention how hard it was in a forum, and I was told start with Leon.

The game is cram packed full of cut-scenes. These can be long or short. The short ones are on average about every two minutes. It constantly pulls control away from the player. It might just be that a the ground rocks, but then you lose control the camera sways, the character wobbles. Then you have to press your control keys again to get it going again. There are parts of the game where it happens less, then there parts when it's non-stop. There are even times when it takes camera angle control from you and expects you to carry on.

Over-all though the controls are bad. It is a constant wrangle to maintain control. When you get to a ledge, you can't just jump up it. You have to wait for it to say 'space', then you can press space and jump up. Nearly everything is controlled in this way throughout. Endless, endless pressing keys.

That brings you onto the quick-time-event. Non-stop weird button mashing that has nothing to do with normal control. It's Ok to an extent, but even the most patient person gets annoyed. You're thinking, "what is that for".

Then onto how difficult it can be. There is one part I recall. 3rd Chris chapter, you have to run across a load of boats and moorings. You have to make it in time. Checkpoints make you repeat it until you get it right. I can not tell you how bad that whole event was. I was screaming. (Not the only time I was screaming in this game either.)

5/10 is generous, but I don't quite think it's a 4/10. It's strong points are that sometimes the combat is great. The sets can be OK, but mostly they are dim lit. The cathedral chapter in the Leon campaign is just epic. If only they had made the whole game like that.

The bosses are just unbelievable annoying. The Leon boss just keeps coming back, and I was sick of the sight of it, and sick of shooting it. Completely stupid method to kill it. I had to search online to find out how. What they have done though is build up the difficulty in each campaign as you get closer to the last. It doesn't feel like built up action. It feels like catastrophic insulting garbage from the developers, and you want blood as compensation. They try to make it a huge experience but falls flat on it's face by kicking you in the teeth non-stop.

Falling over is something that happens a lot with your character. Endless boom, flat on your back. It's noisy a lot. In fact they should have called it - 'Boom, flat on your back'. I honestly don't know if I can finish it. I have given it a good go. RE5 I sold unfinished as well.
  35. Jun 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm biased. Resident Evil on PS1 is 1/2 of what started me on gaming in the first place. I loved 1-3, played them through all their secrets. GameCube's RE4 was, I thought, the awesome next step. RE5 didn't feel like RE. I HATED the parasite attached to my character making a solo play impossible because there was no way to kill her off and keep going solo. She also ate resources. Coop play is a fantastic idea but only if it's not required. The landscape also sucked. Chris was also tired. Anyway, onto RE6.

PROS:

THE PARASITE: The co-op critter attached to you can be ignored. It can't die and it doesn't drain your resources. Ignore it and you'll be fine apart from waiting on a few doors to open.

ATMOSPHERE: More of a return to what RE should be, over that RE5 debacle. Each line is different. Leon is kinda standard. Chris is more in tune with RE5 (kill him off already), but limited so it's ok. The Jake line is a newer take that I rather liked, with a different approach to fighting without a gun. Not so much on the puzzles but a step closer to where we need to be.

GAMEPLAY: A little bit of everything. There's a snowmobile chase scene. I didn't think I'd like this, but I did. Defend against a harrowing ambush in a snowy cabin only to escape out the back onto a snowmobile for a refreshing change of pace. Stealth-ish options in the Jake/Sherri sequence. A car chase. With guns. A bit of flying with some shooting. A motorcycle chase, again with guns. All these just feel like a little respite from the shoot and splatter bits, a way to segway into the next bits. The Ada story (played last for storyline sake) is solo and can be somewhat stealthish in parts, though there is co-op available. The way her line was structured is how co-op should be...truly optional.

PERSPECTIVE: They brought back perspective flipping by playing through as different characters. Two flips within 3 storylines...and 3 storylines. Six playthroughs if you like. Weapons exclusive to each character. Motives. Secrets. More of a return from the RE5 crap.

REACTIVE MOBS: Evolving monsters like in RE4. Shoot a mob in the arm, they adapt by growing a super armor arm that they then use to shield themselves almost completely...forcing you to go for an ankleshot unless you have a grenade launcher or some such. Leg shots...similar problems. Head...well, sometimes they sprout a new one. Shotgun blast to the chest....sometimes they blow up into a walking bioexplosive...but you can use these to bomb other mobs. They have snipers too.

INVENTORY: The wheels are nice. Herbs finally get their own special place, with a hotkey for fast eating.

JAKE: Good addition to the traditional eyeroll, Class B horror flick drama of RE.

GODZILLA: Zombie style.

CONS:

BUTTON MASHING: OMFGWHY. WHY? Why do I have to bang on keyboard and mouse with such repetition that my wrist muscles burn and my fingers cramp? There are some escape sequences that require this BS to such a degree that it almost makes me quit and purge the game from my system entirely. (See: Sherri/Jake doors and drill sequence).

CHASE BUTTON MASHING: OMFGWHY kicked up to the tenth power. (See: Chris storyline escape seamonster sequence). This is exacerbated by forced camera flipping which turns your W key from backwards to forwards to sideways in a blink. I played this for 2 hours on fail. Came back again out of stubborness. Got it, but only by rote memorization of key stamps and clicks to the end. Start over to take it another 2 feet, die. Start over again to add yet another 2 feet, die. Rinse/repeat until you know each camera flip and key mash. Like learning Morse Code on the fly and putting it into keyboard/mouse gaming controls. This gameplay fxn needs to be erased. It's tedious instead of challenging. Gamebreaking for many.

HEADSHOTS: Why doesn't a headshot do anything to a typical zombie?

CHRIS: Why isn't he dead yet? From a steroid induced aneurism if nothing else.

DIFFICULTY: Doesn't feel like survival horror, just urban landscape biohorror with guns and much ammunition.
  36. Jul 26, 2013
    I gave this game a 1 simply because the graphics are nice and detailed but otherwise I would say it's absolutely terrible and I would not recommend that anyone pay full price for it. Luckily for me a friend of mine gifted it to me over Steam so I didn't waste my hard earned cash on this monstrosity of a game. If you love cinematic cut scene's and Quick Time Events you might like it. II gave this game a 1 simply because the graphics are nice and detailed but otherwise I would say it's absolutely terrible and I would not recommend that anyone pay full price for it. Luckily for me a friend of mine gifted it to me over Steam so I didn't waste my hard earned cash on this monstrosity of a game. If you love cinematic cut scene's and Quick Time Events you might like it. I felt demystified and I sincerely doubt that the developers took the time to imagine themselves in zombie apocalypse situation before they scripted some of the dialogue and events that happen here. The game looks pretty, but like I said it is lacking in so many other ways that I would never suggest this game to any kind of friend. Collapse

1. Feb 4, 2014
    Perhaps it's still too experimental and difficult than the sixth entry in a series ought to be, but despite everything, RE6 offers top-tier cinematic action and series-high storytelling. For fans who've yet to try it, the PC version is the right choice.
    If we forget the roots of the franchise, we have ourselves a pretty awesome and addictive 3rd person shooter. [May 2013]
  3. May 21, 2013
    An apocalyptic disappointment that never rises above mediocrity, but often sinks into tedium. [July 2013, p.72]