5.7

1. Mar 27, 2013
    I played enough of this game to recommend it to you. There's everything to love and nothing to hate. If we consider the last trilogy, Resident Evil from 4 to 6 this is easily the best of them all, the culmination of the action Capcom offers. You can do all sort of new moves which are awesome, you can slide, dodge, land on your back and shoot from the ground (which can be done when enemies drop you too), you can fight in melee with combos or switching to a melee weapon. I really like the fluidity of the game and it's even more fun with a friend. The coop of this game is great, you are not helpless per sé, you can counter enemies' grapples, you can even "stand up" for yourself if you survive long enough in a down state, but, of course, it's a lot easier if there's a team mate helping you out but that may not be always possible due to tactics gone wrong or levels where you have to stay apart for some time.
    There is much to explore, some campaigns have more exploration than others, graphics are really good for my standards (which may be low since I don't really care) and it goes at 60 fps even if the benchmark told me it would go at 20-30. The campaigns are a great idea, different enemies, different characters, different playstyles and it's a hard game too! I play at Professional difficulty, invested 23 hours in the game right now and I'm something as halfway through (I'm doing chapter 3 with Chris now after doing 3 chapters with Jake and Leon). I really can't find anything wrong with this game, it gives me the challenge I seek, the adrenaline, the fear (the fear of dying but there are some jumps too), the gameplay is perfect as I see it, this was much more than I anticipated, I'll definitely play this multiple times. I'm giving it a 10 because as I said before, I can't find much wrong with it and I didn't have such fun with an action game for a while.
  2. Mar 22, 2013
    Well first of all I will rate this game regardless of what was in their deliveries of yore like action game is a delight from head to toe entertaining from beginning to end in every way, with 4 campaigns and mythical characters that we all know. leon campaign is perfect, it is the closest to the action and horror survivar moderate, chris is pure action but have certain times of retention and so in other campaigns, I've only played 4 hours testing each campaign but is sufficient to realize how the overall game. the perfect narrative is a story quite interesting, the gameplay has some flaws as a bit robotic animation but not serious fits perfectly what I'm playing with mouse and keyboard and am very pleased with the good work of Capcom with the PC port and did well to leave that crap games for windows live as the graphics are almost like those of consoles with some improvements like the softness of the shadows and some highlights filters foremost conclusion for those who have not yet decided to buy the game, try it yourselves see videos on youtube enough to draw their own conclusions from the game itself does not value it for you because someone else says, because everyone has a different view but in my humble analysis so far I've played enough games is recommended for those who likes action survivar combined with horror that not all the time but if you have it and appreciate the game regardless of what was in their deliveries old Expand
  3. Mar 23, 2013
    Now pro tip before I begin: Before you play the game, go to camera mode in settings and there will be 3 different camera options. Starting from the default camera field of view, set the numbers in this order 15 0 0 Or 10 10 Whatever. This will help improve the game's camera angle. And also here's the skills you have to purchase to help beat the game, but it's up to you cause this is how I play it: Melee, Firearm and Increase item drop. Max up those two and you will be the ultimate badass. If you play offline or with an ai partner, it's important to buy the first aid skill, where your partner will always heal you after you are in last stand mode. Again, leveling that thing up will increase the chances of survival.

Lastly each characters are separated into different timelines, so Leon's first campaign will take place 6 months after Jake's campaign and so on, so I'll give out the recommended chapters for you guys so the story will connect well: Start with Chris's chapter 1 till 2, then Jump to Jake's chapter 1 till 2. Afterwards it's up to you if you want to start Leon's chapter first or continue either with Chris or Jake. Not Ada's campaign though, that one's after the other 3 is completed. Now onto the game.

Suffice to say i see people just mocking the game by giving it a low score, but that's an utterly unfair and completely biased review of the game as it offers so much. I mean sure if you'll hate it if you love RE so much that you want it to return to horror form, but there's already RE Revelations released in the same year 8 months before it to compensate for the lack of horror, and there's it's going to be released in May 2013 in consoles. So why not just treat RE6 as it's own game instead of what you want it to be? Don't be biased and don't be a dick about it, especially the spammers who gives the game a 0 and 1.

I don't get the other reviewers who just put 1 score for the entire game. There's 4 campaigns in total and each are different in style with a total of 25 to 30 hours to complete once. This is a great deal of a game where every campaign is like it's own game. So I will review the game accordingly with each campaign and I will include the average length of the game with a description of how it plays out, and also the qte in the game so you people can watch out during each.

Leon: 8-10 hours and it feels a lot like RE2. QTEs in chapter 1, 3-5 but it's just easy button press of spacebar or a if you're using the xbox controller. The fourth mission has one that's super quick after a very scary "run as fast as you can" scenario with one of the most disgusting monsters in RE, so watch out. Overall Leon's campaign is 90.

Chris: 5-6 hours and it feels like either Gears of War or RE5 with a badass twist in the end. Though it is generic, if you play RE5 you will feel right at home. Surprisingly there's no QTE in this campaign but it's replaced with slow motion shootouts, except if you count the hanging from a ledge minigame in the first mission as QTE but that's it. Overall it's 75.

Jake: 5-6 hours and it feels like Uncharted RE3 with that Ustanak. The final boss is so awesome I pump my fist to the air and clap because it's so satisfying. Beware though, there's a super quick QTE in chapter 1 in the end, qte's in chapter 2 and 5. Chapter 3 is one of my favorite part of the whole game because it's straight up beat em up with a bunch of enemies in the first minute of the mission. Overall it's 85.

Ada: 3-4 hours. This campaign is normally unlocked after you finish the game with the 3 other characters, but now it's unlocked immediately. I recommend playing this campaign the last. This campaign is like her campaign in RE4 in that it intersects with the other characters...... except this time if you play during a campaign where you intersect with someone else, for example Jake or Leon, you'll be able to jump into a human player and help them. It's awesome. Unfortunately there's one annoying QTE section in Chapter 3 where you have to do 4 QTE's at once or else you will die. Overall it's 80.

There you go, my review of the game. It's an awesome game to be had and a great deal, considering you get 30 hours the other extra modes like mercenaries and agent hunt mode where you play as the enemy to kill other human players in the game.
  4. Mar 23, 2013
    First I have to say that lately we seem to be waiting for a game to come out just say how bad it is. Whether you be a Skyrim with over 15 million copies sold. As a Dead Space 3. It's all ****

And I would like people to think that there are people, and not the companies but the designers, engineers, etc. Passed between three and four years developing a game for your squeeze two buttons
    on the couch in your home. And at least deserve respect. There are also games that are pure crap. But throughout all this evil that seems excessive this witch hunt. Because the only thing we get is that eventually companies start to think that is not worth more games out. And it is very sad that after getting so much ended.

A bit of judgment and personality please.
    Before you judge, try to investigate and get informed and not be guided by the criterion of a comment in a forum.

I played all the RE from PS1 to RE6. And people say that because there is nothing RE 1 is that they have criteria with pixelated graphics, to minecraft, dokier errors and system approach shots that were shooting at the head and the bullet was gonna take the ass.
    To say nothing of the RE.Code Veronica with the "novelty of the puzzle" in a time where every game with puzzles ranging (Tom Raider, Soul Reaver ...).

And this game even though people say it's bad offers a lot of versatility to the game system of each. Want survival? Want to go kill hordes LFD2 type? You have 5 campaigns, extras, unlockable secrets, weapon upgrades, online co-op mode and split screen, stunning graphics, amount of weaponry. The AI ​​of the game will give you more of a headache. And above a script that will keep you on edge from the start, both veterans and rookies.

But let's see now may be a Survival as a Left, a DE3, that if you get infinite bullets and god mode, with easy difficulty that half to 3 loads you fart. You may strive Capcom ...

But it seems that if you do not have the system of Call of Dutty everything is ****
    As for my opinion about this saga died when he lost the essence of 3 apartir becoming a Deathmatch without rhyme or reason. But that's another story.

The RE6 has innovated a lot compared to other editions.
    Have improved targeting system and added coverage.
    You can shoot while walking, which in previous games could not. Both the keyboard-mouse game as the game controller (and play with a Logitech RP2) is very elaborate and is silky smooth.
    The companion AI is consistent and reacts 90% on time and as you play.
    They have added many improvements to the character, from improving targeted to less damage, more items etc
    There are still very many extras on maps, porcierto, immense, for those who like to explore.
    Enemies with good AI, flank, cover, looking holes where the group break defense etc
    And so much more but I will not describe here the whole game. Whoever you play it more, and see who brings the same impressions that I have played if previous editions.

People think that just looks at the graphics, and I say that RE6 not have good graphics, because it does, and more than one PC touch him run (also quite sure) the minimum to play, but, what I use that to my character is ass see smoke when pulling a fart, or oscillation of the hair (hair hair) while walking, or drawing of the fingerprints on the hands, if after 2 days I have the game on the shelf?
    Guion and less graphic. Because games as renowned as Dishonored, Hitman, Dead Space 3, DMCry etc. In 3 days and 3-4 hours playing I finish them. Why? Because of the installation 15GB 10GB are for graphics and so on to the content ..
    So in essence asking for more games and less hollywood. Because companies do what people ask for, and to see HD content, I go to the movies, or I see one in my Blueray DVD with a 60 "screen.

CONCLUSION:

But all are unique and resident evil with its essence, not by enemies but by the characters in the series, Leo, Chris, Helen, Sherry etc. These are characters that have a history, if you've played previous games, like home already, and have his personality and his half soul.

Resident Evil is not always true that good games out, I think the worst and all agree, the Racoon City, which took him out for people to take off his overalls while diseñavan Resident 6, but it is better to have finger in the ass before sending him to sell but did not remember such Tomb Raider Anniversary? Painkiller, postcard or Call of Duty: Black Ops II

RE6 has had a very good reception, but people are hurt by the incident in Racoon. And that Capcom knows. And you see, it shows that it has played all the cards in this game. To save the franchise.
    But as I say, if you spend the game on easy mode with infinite bullets and put god mode and by mod or cheat No essence of the game that can bring these characters. Why make this game a walk between aisles.
  5. Mar 23, 2013
    Its a Very Visual Game sure it May not have all the Aspects we wanted from this game and capcom is Gonna make mistakes Yes i know its Re they made a lot of improvements from re5 and in my option i like that a lot and all the past characters return its not just focused on one person and they kept the co-op feature and that you can be a Zombie on another players game that's awesome that means i can Troll the heck out of my Brother :P that's gonna be fun but of course who wouldn't troll there bro even through they ruined the horror aspect to this re but comparing it to Cod just wow and some People complain about horrible ai the ironic part is the ai is a lot better then the last who kept getting stuck on walls and edges and hoards all the ammo im looking at you re5! and quick time events Please they make the game fun and make you more alert and the multi is fun i mean im a hunter the bane of re1 :D paybacks a beep hehe but Please give the game a chance i have and i enjoy every bit of it and im waiting to see what will Capcom think of Next Expand
  6. Mar 24, 2013
    To-Long-Didn't-Read: Resident 6 PC May have problems, but It is a varied and enjoyable experience for fans of the action-oriented takes of RE4 and RE5. For the most enjoyable experience, play on veteran or professional.

I don't really understand why this game gets sh** on so much. I've been a fan of the Resident evil series since its inception, and have had to grit my teeth along with
    the rest of the fans through the movies and games like Raccoon City. Resident evil 6 may be flawed, but the PC version is a true successor to RE5, let me explain. Many people's main complaints about RE6 are the bad AI, the muddy graphics, or that it is a poor console port Anyone who has played RE5 will recently will recall just how bad the AI was in that game. Playing on single player would mean that you would have to call Sheva 5 or 6 times to get her to help you open doors or do objectives, she would constant get knocked down or held in place, and he would knock you down with her attack reaction. The zombie AI in 5 also was terrible, where J'avo would climb up things and then immediate jump off in order to attack you, or they would get stuck inside each other because they wouldn't understand where to go. In RE6, I feel like I never have to worry about my AI partner, and the enemy AI always keeps me on my toes(on Professional difficulty) with their new running leaps and ground grabs, and large numbers of regular zombie actually feel threatening. Though the graphics/ textures may be muddy at times even on the highest settings, the shaders and effects are great. and the underwater effects in Ada's campaign may be some of the best I've ever seen in a video game. That being said, there's not much of a graphical change from consoles to the PC version. Whats also important to realize though, is that Capcom has tried very hard to rectify their mistakes from the console versions, and has added tons of new options that will help tweak the game play to your preferences.

The story is in a similar vain to the RE5 story, where it's mostly action, lost of Quick-time, and some exploration. This time around, there are 4 campaigns, and though they may be shorter than RE5's full campaign, they keep the action varied and prevent it from becoming stale. Unfortunately, the action-oriented nature of the campaign seems to confuse some players, as if they forgot how much action/Quick-time that RE5 brought to the table.

The difficulty this time around has really increased. I vividly remember RE5's Professional difficulty being somewhat of a pushover, with zombie's movements and attacks being perfectly telegraphed and predictable. This time, Professional mode really increases the survival horror feel, as being grabbed or missing a dodge can spell death for your character. As mentioned before, zombies have new attacks like running jumps and crawling grabs, and the special zombies can ruin your day quite easily.

All and all, the game is the next evolution of the RE series, which in my opinion is a great installment (we should be thankful they didn't continue to go the Raccoon City route). The new crossover instances and Agent attack modes can be fun, and are great ideas that I hope they continue with in the next installment.
  7. Mar 23, 2013
    I honestly cannot comprehend all the bad talk this game has received. This is an awesome game. It's very good at what it does and should be rewarded for that. It looks nice, it doesn't have any technical issues at all, and it offers tons of great moments. Some of the design issues are questionable but not major enough to cry over them. Gameplay is very immersive. Buy "Biohazard" 6 (I usually prefer the Japanese name since it reflects better what this game series is about than the american name "Resident Evil").

Yes, it's not an survival horror in a classical sense, and yes, it has some weird issues like for example the fact that you have to conserve ammo, but relying only to melee attacks isn't really a good strategy. Melee attacks are kind of difficult to execute even on a normal difficulty level. You see some zombies down you or kill you instantly in a close combat, even on a normal difficulty and getting healed by a partner isn't always possible. And while it doesn't frustrate me, I could see my console gaming buddies getting extremely irritated by the melee fighting.

Talking about conserving ammo, this game finally finds a nice usage for the fire grenades. In previous games you got lots of ammo, and there really just wasn't hordes of enemies where you'd find usage for napalm. But this game fixes that.

The Windows port of the is well executed and it doesn't have any major technical issues. However the menu structure in the game is bit confusing but not to a point it starts to irritate me.

Just to repeat, THIS GAME DOES NOT SUFFER FROM TECHNICAL ISSUES WHAT SO EVER! The problem the other people have is their ATi/AMD graphics card which have always been very picky about the games they run nicely on. Especially if they haven't updated their ATi/AMD graphics drivers in months! If people would Google, you'd know that every single time a major title comes out, it will not run on an ATi/AMD graphics card without issues, or like in some cases, won't run at all. Go buy nVidia, or Intel, or anything else, and all the games will run just fine. It's not a fault of the game. ATi/AMD have hardware bugs in their graphic cards. They are cheap junk. Stop whining how games like this crash or don't work properly on a ATi/AMD graphics cards. This irritates me to to no end.

Story is much much much closer to Resident Evil 2 & 3 than any other game in this series after them. People about the story don't understand what this game is about, that's for sure. Yeah, it takes cues from some famous zombie movies but I kind of expect to see George A. Romero references in a zombie game. Dialogue is on part with other games in this series so I don't want to bash the funny lines the mysterious characters speak while trying to be mysterious. Voice acting is allright. Visual art is nice and I kind of like the monster design which takes cues from other zombie games and movies.

This game has tons and tons of replay value, and considering it only costs 30€ it has to be one of the best games of the last year. Co-op with your friends is solely worth your money. And unlike certain other games, this has actually the length of a good game with single-player completition taking around 30-32 hours. Which is a great value. The game offers rich enough gameplay, you won't get bored during those hours.

I kind of would have wanted ability to have a shared inventory with your partner like in the previous title, but this way where both have their own stuff is in my opinion better since you can just jump from game to game with unknown people and you're able to play without having to get into the hassle that some jackass won't share any of the ammo with you, or kick you out of the game when you want just few bullets for you gun.

The design is mostly a just a matter of taste, but when it does something to harm the flow of the gameplay, it is a major screw up. And in Biohazard 6 there's one such thing. The four campaigns are split in four chapters. One such chapter usually on a normal gameplay style takes about two hours to complete. Those chapters are divided into sub-chapters which there are usually from 6 to 8 with each sub-chapter taking 15 minutes to complete.

And here's the thing, you cannot save your game just at any point you'd like to save it. And the game just randomly seems to choose that save point being every 2nd or 3rd, I've once encountered even 4th sub-chapter change. And while game does checkpoints constantly, you might play the game for 45 minutes, without encountering a single actual save game point (which is indicated on a screen as a typewriter). And thus if you just leave the game, you'll lose the progress you've done in a sub-chapter no matter how much there is to it. And there's nothing you can do about it.

If Biohazard 7 will get into the production and published, I want it to be something like this. I definitely do what it to be something like this. But with free saving, or checkpoint saves. Thanks for reading!
  8. Mar 27, 2013
    Wtf guys? are you serious? The game is just great! As for AMD problems i got to tell you that I run the game on AMD video card and it runs perfectly! Not a single crash! (@sagaopc check your GPU m8)
    The game is really good and I love it. The Campaign in the game is very good and I had a great time playing all of them. The Multiplayer is pretty good but it need a push-to-talk button (that
    why its 9/10 for me).
    For all of you that want a horror game then don't ask for a new game set in future... ask for a game set in the past! Its not like RE when they didn't know what was going on or the virus was in early stages, the BOW are evolved and there is a WAR, an all-out BOW attack for cut the crap about the horror element.
    I got to tell you that I loved it too and I miss it but the game and the story has evolved... the virus has evolved... its not that scary but dangerous.
    The game is totally worth buying (at least on PC as its the only version of RE6 I have played)
  9. Mar 29, 2013
    This port is good not great but good, some quicktime events are somewhat bad and horrible but other than that its an awsome game, it has 1 or 2 scenes camera angles wich are horrible i wont say wich dont want any spoilers other than that solid port chapters are long gameplay is great windows version...)and the story is enjoyable pretty varied and enjoyable play/experience also the mercenaries no mercy its uber.

After 75+ hrs so far finishing 56% of the game im still playing it, only departament its really lacking its the graphics they could add higher resolution patches and fix those 2 broken camera angles in chriss chapter 5, and the cameras in some scenes and chapter other than that pretty solid one of the best RE iv played since 1999.
  10. Apr 12, 2013
    Yes I know that the control and camera are so terrible but If you can get over it and try to enjoy the story you will see that it is a amazing game. Especially I have to admit that Ada and Sherry both are so beautiful
  11. Apr 1, 2013
    This game is so full of play time and fun for 40 bucks i cant express how satisfied i am, but i will try.. 4 co op campaigns 5 chapters each all contain hours of fun game play. For the die hard resident evil lovers you can even go back and play as the other character for a very different experience. players get split up every now and then to handle other objectives. this is a great game! cant believe its only got a 7.1 meta!!! come on you guys are really kissin Bioshock butt with a 9.6 and for 60 bucks and another 20 for dlc after they lied about and released Bioshock 1 again in "3D" that never worked and 2 was suppose to as well. They never paid for that mess up and now they are completely unaccountable?! come on gamers... they should be ashamed. RE6 offers soo much for so little. hats off to Cap com and RE6! Expand
  12. May 29, 2013
    In my opinion, this is the most underrated game released in the past year. I don't see any fault with it excluding the nigh impossible boss battles, though a good challenge is healthy!). The stories are deep and occasionally a little emotional, all of the endings are epic and you see the course of the game through the eyes of 7 playable characters (Leon, my personal fave, Helena, Chris, Piers, Jake, Sherry {Yes, you can finally play as her!} and, in the secret campaign, Ada). Resident Evil 6 is among the best games released in the past year and I don't see why it has received such crappy reviews! Expand
  13. Mar 24, 2013
    The best game from the series,they have overdone it,it's simply amazing,they added everything the other series lacked,gameplay is outstanding you do what you would do in real life,get on the ground and shooting,graphics are top notch,long and fun campaigns,absolutely no problems with performance on full max setting,runs smooth like a boat in a lake.Lot's of guns,lot's of playable characters,this game has it all,i simply love it,and to all the negative critics........are you guys for real Some people say game crashes Bad performance Absolutely not,it's on your end guys,don't blame the game.I havent had so much fun in a RE game.This is the game of the year for me.A well deserved 10 Expand
  14. Mar 26, 2013
    I disagree with al negative Reviews, they all trolling!!! They worked a lot for that game and its really really funny, and each campaign is different and gives much variety to the game, nice grafics i miss Dx10 o DX11 options, I played that game without any problem, works very fine and no bugs or crashes, the campaign Its much better and original than a COD, very very better....( people the problem is your PC, stop looking for porn in internet....) Expand
  15. Apr 1, 2013
    I saw a lot of negative response to Re6, i felt sad. I already spent 40 hours in this game now and It was a very nice experience to me. The difficulty level is great, i need to figure out how to avoid enemies attack and give them a counterattack. What make those guy felt so bad? I think they were wrong
  16. Apr 6, 2013
    Very underrated, if you enjoyed RE5, you will get loads out of this. Great Coop, Splitscreen and Online with Mercenaries available from the go and tonnes of longevity in the multiple campaigns.

Shot itself in the foot with a bad demo, a dodgy prelude and pre-patch bad camera, (which now has a completly adjustable field of view.)
  17. Mar 29, 2013
    I gave it a 10 (IMO it deserves 8,maybe 7+ but leaning towards 8) just to even out the bombing on this game,think God at least some people had the the common sense to give a rating after actually playing the game. This game has extreme value,a lot of content for a considerably smaller than usual price, f.e. you have 3 campaigns and each lasts longer than quite a few latest releases (every campaign was longer for me than Bioshock Infinite,though I played on veteran or professional difficulty,can't remember). It's very entertaining,especially if you play in coop,even with a random mate. While every RE fan would wish this would be a survival horror,it's not,it has some atmosphere and scarce ammo,but that's about it. That said,if you like shooting,I found the game shooting mechanics to be very satisfying,even though there's a small camera lock at the start of aiming.That should be enough of praises,though there are a few more things I could point out. On the other side,environmental textures are very bad,sometimes even on RE4 level,most noticeably in Chris's campaign. Believe me,they're terrible. The game is a bit too fast paced to get immersed,it's not Devil May Cry (the earlier ones,not that crappy "reboot"), but it's really fast and there aren't enough places where you can take a break,explore a bit,like in RE5. Enemies are seemingly neverending,while with the zombies it creates a pretty dense atmosphere,with the Javo mutants it just pissess you off. Yes,there are zombies,and very well done at that,in Leon's campaign(oh and mutants,pretty much enemies in his story remind me of the first RE's) ,proving you CAN make a zombie game without those running wannabe zombies. Plot is on the the usual Resident Evil level,meaning it's idiotic,naive and plain stupid,though there are less corny lines when compared to RE5,at least it seemed like that to me.
    Music at a few sequences gets incredibly dull,but in general it's not bad,it's just average. All in all,I definitely recommend buying this game,just don't buy it blindfolded,check it out if one of your mates has it,it might be just up your alley or it might be the complete opposite. For me,this one comes right after RE4 and RE2 as the best in the series (I do not count 1,cause it's a bit different game: D)
  18. Mar 24, 2013
    This game is very good. I've been playing 6 hours in a row now and can't understand why people give i 1/10 etc. I have just played the Leon champign but so far so good. One thing disappointed me, that's is horror is gone.
  19. Apr 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. [English Review] Well this game not struck me but when I found out I had split screen told me SOLD! but not only in split screen pc that is very rare but also are three campaigns for Resident Evil fans a campaign that tilts to survival horror, another Action Adventure those which already inclined films lately in RE and the military which is very reminiscent of the last deliveries in few words a complete set! for the PC version but on consoles is more of the same.

[Spanish Review]Bueno este juegos no me llamaba la atención pero cuando me entere que tenia pantalla partida me dije VENDIDO!!! pero no solo la pantalla partida en pc que es muy poco común si no que también son tres campañas para fanáticos del Resident Evil que una campaña se inclina al survival horror, otra a Acción/Aventura las cual ya se inclino últimamente en las películas del RE y la Bélica la cual recuerda mucho a las ultimas entregas en pocas palabra un juego completo! para la version pc pero en consolas es mas de lo mismo.
  20. Apr 8, 2013
    Well this was certainly the surprise of 2013. I had been closely following the reviews from both critics and users alike when this released on console late last year and the polarizing views made me think this was going to be worse than RE5 (which I can't say appealed to me as much as RE4 did). When the game launched on Steam at $39.99 it was a done deal. Having completed the game I am still trying to understand the backlash. I did not play the first 3 games in the series which I hear focused more on survival horror so I don't carry that baggage along with me and neither am I a CoD fanboy (I could not be bothered with that mindless crap) but I felt as an over the shoulder 3rd person action adventure with horror elements, RE6 succeeded admirably. If I have one complaint it would be the chase scene with Chris and Piers trying to avoid the HAOS as they escape the B.O.W. That was painful as the animations triggered by button presses were often the reason we (my co-op partner and myself) were dying and we died a lot during this part which was not fun. Other than that the game has been an off-rails-experience and with 4 lengthy campaigns you really are getting your monies worth and with a solid co-op partner that has your back, it was one of the most exhilarating experiences ever. Yes you could argue there is an abundance of QTE's, yes the game is like a Michael Bay version of Resident Evil but despite all this it was still a far more thrilling game than Bioshock Infinite (which I got at the same time as RE6). Well worth the money and time invested. Expand
  21. Aug 6, 2013
    People are angry when they play the same thing over and over again with no changes and innovations.
    ...and people are angry when developers try to do something different and new. I loved the storytelling, different campaigns and the game did not bore me.
    I would give this game 7-8/10, but because people are acting like this is something awful, I will give it a ten.

for converting this game to PC. Expand
  22. Apr 2, 2013
    Can't deny that if you compare it with previous games there's stuff left to be desired but by itself playing it is a great experience. My favorite character is Ada, and it was great to be able to play so many characters. Gameplay itself is 7/10 I'd say, but everything added together, I was playing non-stop and still will for unlocks.
  23. Apr 2, 2013
    After playing through Leon's story on the console, I knew what pros and cons to expect from the PC version. Capcom delivered excellently! If you didn't like RE6 on console, you probably won't like it on PC, but If you liked it on console, you'll really like it on PC. 60 fps and HD resolution is a no-brainer to have! HD is a must for local co-op. The kbm controls work pretty well, snappy response even with vsync. One gripe I have is the misleading brightness adjust screen. The "6" is visible on any level and it's pointless to play without it cranked up to at least 35 cause it's too dark in most places. The lights become washed out at that level but it's worth it to see everything. RE6/Bio6 is a great addition to the series, but 4 is still my all-time favorite. The inventory and merchant was a genius idea in 4 and I wish one of them will make a return in a later game. Expand
  24. Apr 17, 2013
    I played video games since i was really young, about 10 years from now.. Played thousands of games in different platform...PC, PS3, Gameboy, GBA, PSP... Resident evil6, i'm gonna say, it's a fantastic game, i give my score 10/10, i am so into it, i haven't have this feeling since WoW and Vindictus long ago.
    Graphics, tell u this, it's above average 2012 for sure, in PC version, Nvidia
    users, use ur nvidia inspector well then u will c the how well the graphic can be! WILL SURPRISE U!
    Sound and themes are very good, some of the soundtracks are very touching.
    Design & interface, i have been playing RE games since 4 years ago, once i login to the game, I felt it is very Resident evil... It is well designed.
    Story, Japanese type of story, it's more like a game and fantasy, it's very encouraging.
    Control, Camera, once u get used to it, it's awesome feeling.
  25. May 22, 2013
    Very Amazing game. This is better than Resident Evil 6. I have this one in PS3, XBOX360 and PC version and I played RE 6 over 100 times. It was fun time whenever i played it.

This game consists of 4 different scenarios and in each campaign, you have different experience of survival horror.

Leon Almost same as classic Resident Evil. (RE 2, 3 and Outbreak 1 & 2.) Creepy zombie horror.

Chris Like CALL OF DUTY BIO-WARFARE. If you like RE 5, you might also like this campaign.
    Jake RE3 Nemesis RE 4. Because the chaser 'Ustanak' constantly chase you (like RE 3), it scare you...
    Ada Classic RE meets sneaking. It's like Separate Ways in RE4.

Especially I like Leon and Ada campaign most. Those are true RESIDENT EVIL, i think!
  26. May 23, 2013
    1.QTE比想像中的少,不過突然的組合讓人措手不及。 2.單一長度的不同腳色章節就差不多已經是一般射擊遊戲的2/3長度了,全部玩過才能了解整個事件始末。 3.道具欄太少,後期只能捨棄一些彈藥補給,雖然彈藥用不完。 4.雙人同樂能獲得良好遊戲體驗,雖然最多能同時四人,但不怎麼實用,有點可惜 5.貼圖太爛,場景太暗,讓我以為我在玩黑暗靈魂,其他還有些模型消失的問題,不過不影響完整遊戲體驗 6.殭屍沒辦法一槍暴頭了,有點難打,反擊技設定不錯,但我不太會抓時機 7.整體遊戲體驗不錯
  27. Apr 22, 2013
    Not bad game at all.But still I still asking myself how all main heroes were able to survive through this.
    It's quite stupid,because they're like Supermen,lol.Plot,game-play,heroes,graphics.But because the atmosphere of survival is lost
  28. May 28, 2013
    I really dont understand why people do not enjoy this. I really liked Resident Evil 5, but I gotta admit that this is way better. It has better camera since RE5, and it has the atmosphere from Resident Evil 2. Also, the knife isn't completely worthless anymore plus you can also do housekicks now to save some ammo. If you like Resident Evil, you should try this. The only downside is, the graphics are worse than RE5, which actually was quite good looking. But if you can live with that, do not hesitate to grab this. Expand
  29. Apr 11, 2013
    Es un juegazo, tiene diferentes campañas que se van mezclando en una misma linea argumental. La historia es impresionante, esta vez han preferido contarte la historia en vez de encontrarte notitas y leerlas durante el juego.
    La verdad es que la historia está muy muy bien, la aparición de tantos personajes y alusiones al pasado son la leche.

En cuanto al gameplay, tiene el mejor
    gameplay de la saga sin duda, con muchísimas posibilidades, el movimiento es fluido, está muy bien optimizado para Pc y está muy logrado el sistema de apuntar.
    Puedes cambiar las cámara de la espalda y aumentar tu rango de visión (fov). Cabe destacar que la posibilidad para jugar a pantalla partida se agradece mucho, así como poder jugar cooperativo online.

Muy grande por parte de Valve regalarnos los personajes de Left 4 dead 2 jugables para el modo Mercenarios Sin piedad, y gracias Capcom por no cobrarnos por ello, los DLC gratis son siempre bienvenidos.

Finalmente es un juego que es muy recomendable para jugadores nuevos, o jugadores clásicos de RE.

Podríamos decir que la campaña de Leon es la más fiel a los Resident Evil Clásicos, más zombies normales (no soldados mutantes), y luego especiales y puzzles.

En cambio tenemos la de Chris Redfield, más enfocada a la acción en plan Gears Of War con tus soldados, escenarios de día, etc.

Luego tenemos un poco la mezcla de Jake, con más toques de aventura. Y la campaña de Ada impresionante, muchos toques de sigilo e infiltración.

Lo recomiendo muchísimo, no le doy un 10 porque me parece que se han pasado con lo de "Caza de agentes" y no tienen un sistema para controlar el VoIP. La gente entra a als partidas con el microfono abierto y los altavoces a tope, y se escuchan ecos terribles que arruinan la experiencia de juego, lo dicho.

Gracias Capcom por el regalo.
  30. Apr 16, 2013
    Honestly, I have no idea why everybody is so pissed off at this game. They complain about the camera angles, and the gameplay, it's just I don't see any problems. The only major gripe I have is that YOU CANNOT PAUSE THE GAME! It's very inconvenient, and is very annoying. But thats all the negativity I have for this game.

Gameplay has evolved in the Resident Evil series from clunky
    tank controls and static camera angles to over-the-shoulder action starting with RE 4. That being said, RE 4 was my first introduction to the series, and was my favorite until I played RE 6. 6 gets right all the things that 5 was trying to accomplish (fluid inventory system, smoother and less awkward aiming controls, and less than useless partners) and takes them to the next level. I can say without hesitation that Resident Evil 6 has successfully melded TPS action with survival-horror. There were many times where I was reduced to a sliver of health, and only 3 bullets left in my weapon, and 8 enemies coming towards me, with my partner otherwise occupied with his own battles. These situations got my heart pumping and my adrenalin flowing more effectively than any "horror" elements ever could. Survival-horror is all about managing your ammo and health items effectively in order to survive, and Resident Evil 6 nailed this absolutely perfectly.

As of this writing, I have only completed 2 of the 4 campaigns, and I have already accumulated 15 hours of play time. This is more than I get out of a standard FPS. I completed Crysis 2 and 3 in about 8-10 hours. AvP 2010 took 9 hours. Alan Wake lasted 6 hours. As you can tell, I blow through games rather quickly. Now, look at RE 6. I'm only halfway done with the main campaigns and I have been playing 15 hours. RE 5 only took me 11 hours to finish. If the last two campaigns are as long as the first two, we're looking at 30 hours of gameplay for JUST the first playthrough. After finishing the last 2 campaigns, I intend to play as the other character in each scenario. Thats a total of 60 hours. Then I have Mercenaries mode. Thats about maybe another 14-17 hours. I'd say that RE 6 is more than worth it's $40 price tag. The amount of content Capcom has crammed into this game is absolutely staggering.

Now to address the common complaints. Firstly, the complaints about the camera: It's the exact same configuration as RE 4 and 5. You can switch the dominant hand at will, and it doesn't affect my combat efficiency at all. The menus are at first a bit difficult to navigate, but soon becomes a second nature to operate. The story is pretty much what you would expect from a Resident Evil game. Don't go in expecting storytelling on the level of Mass Effect or Bioshock (the first ones in each of the series). Voice acting is good, but it's not winning any awards any time soon. Areas are linear, but the game encourages venturing off the beaten path to find much needed ammo and health.

I haven't encountered any glitches so far, and the animations are fluid and detailed. Graphics are gorgeous, even on lower settings. And yeah, explosions happen frequently. It's not a game without explosions, so stop complaining that Capcom let Michael Bay have his way with the script.

Another common gripe is the abundance of quick-time events. As far as this goes, I only noticed a healthy dose of QTEs in Leon's story. They were scarce in Chris's story. Don't know about Jake's or Ada's.

My philosophy is "No game deserves a perfect score". Every game has a shortcoming, and no game is flawless. RE 6 is no exception, which is why this title gets a 9.

In short, I love this game. If you are a fan of TPS or survival-horror, you owe it to yourself to pick up a copy of Resident Evil 6. It is MORE than worth its $40 tag.
  31. Jul 27, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 was a great experience to me i hope Re 7 will be just like this. but now i just pissed that they decide to reboot (i dont know where) the franchise thanks to fanboys (damn you to hell fanboys.)
  32. Aug 21, 2013
    The game is awesome! It exceeded all my expectations. I don't get why people consider this game to be poor. Hey, where on Earth in 2013 you can find such pc game with split screen mode? I completed all campaigns with my friend and this is fantastic. You share your pills, shells, give up everything to bring your dying friend back to life, give him a boost to get to hard-to-reach places. I like the story line. There were moments when I shed some tears. Every campaign is special. My favourite is Jake and Sherry. All chapters are absolutely different. And you can't complete it without cooperated work with your partner. Expand
  33. Apr 16, 2013
    Every once in a while a game comes out that EVERYONE seems to about, yet it is a perfectly fine game. This is one of those games.

After playing RE6, I can honestly say, it is a nice game, I really enjoyed it. I found very few wrong with it, Graphics are nice, great co-op, controls are perfect, long action packed rollercoast ride compaign, weapons feel good. Nothing so terrible to
    warrant these low ratings.

Is the game perfect? of course not, every games has faults, but people are focusing way too much on the negative and blowing it way out of perportion on top of that they are completely ignoring the rest. They put a lot of effort in this game, you see it everywhere, but instead lets focus on Quick time events, or the occasional fixed camera that annoyed you a 2 or 3 times in a 40 hour game.

For the love of god, make up your own mind about this game and stop following this MASSIVE bandwagon of haters. This game is perfectly fine and playable.
  34. Sep 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Impressive, with a touch of old school and some new, Resident Evil 6 may be a place of horror and action, depending on which character you relate to more, not to mention the breathtaking cinematographic scenes and perfectly designed to take to realistic, taking everything good in previous installments, discarding bad ideas and adding one of the most stunning and dramatic Horror stories of the moment, besides adding the QTE (quick time event) to revive your survival instincts to get a strategic move to kill your enemy or have the misfortune to get your death.
    Resident Evil 6... my favorite game and I recommend it to you...
  35. Nov 19, 2013
    This game is great if you are RE fan you will love this one. Its like 4 games in one, You can choose 4 campaign. The graphics is good the story great. I don't know why others don't like this game this resident evil is the best of all the episodes.
  36. Sep 19, 2013
    Did i like the old REs? Yes. Do i like them now? No. They were good for their time, when technology didn't allow for a lot more than bad controls, camera, motion capture and terrible voice acting was the norm, but they have aged very badly. Revelations and 6 are the evolution that this franchise needed. No longer does your character move like a tank. No longer does it rely on cheap, ineffective horror. It's a full blown action game with great controls, satisfying combat, better writing and voice acting (though it's still nothing special in that area). It's also quite long.. if you don't rush it, it can take you 30 hours to finish all campaigns and then there is still more stuff to do.
    All in all, great fun and the best game in a franchise that really needed to forget its mediocre roots.
  37. Oct 13, 2013
    A good action game, has a good thriller and a very creative story with characters meeting during the game, the more reality to the plot, just missed a little more challenge puzzles.
  38. Oct 27, 2013
    I played all the Residents that were released and even if the form changed from pure horror to an action game I still think this is what I was waiting for. I don't understand why this game is getting so much criticism. I had a great time playing campaign in co-op with my friend and I think that they should make more games like this. The only reason i am not giving 10 is the fact that i don't like QTE and there is a bit too much of them here :P. Fighting system boss fights are awsome. That's why I would really recommend everyone to play it before reading other comments because i thing this game is really worth buying. Keep up the good work Konami :D Expand
  39. Mar 16, 2014
    Great game, I played it only in coop with friend, so idk about SP experience, but coop is too much fun, its awesome, how sometimes, there are different paths for each player. Characters models are very detailed, some textures in levels are not as good, but they are fine. Game has nice variety of enemies, which is pretty cool. All campaigns are different, which is one of the coolest ideas i seen in games, tho Leons story is most Resident Evilish. Controls are sometimes clunky, but i cant complain, its easy to get used to them. Game story mode has 30 hours of gameplay. IMO its an amazing game, i got it for 6$ and its a steal for such price. Expand
  40. Nov 22, 2013
    This game isn't poopoo! You silly children. Your reviews are poopoo! Play it. Don't smell out click bait reviews and just copy those. This game I admit SHOULD ONLY be played CO-OP Online. Not split screen or solo. The boss battles are sometimes questionable but it wasn't as repetitive as past RE games. (As in shoot in face for 15 seconds, then wait 20 sec then repeat 20 times.) Sure it's over the top. But it wasn't as over the top as Wesker just teleporting all over the place, with the only way to possibly beat him is to either A, use a Rocket Launcher; or B, shoot at him constantly for 30 mins. Can not be compared to Resident Evil 4 since the zombiez (T-C-V or whatever virus) virus has gone global not just in a low populated countryside village. And resident Evil 1 was not scarier the only thing scary about that game was graphics, gameplay, voice acting, inventory system, camera angles and the controls. Don't go pulling "oh when that dog jumped through that window, I nearly fell out of my window. (The only reason most people like it is mostly nostalgia.) Gameplay is much improved; doesn't feel like you have played it quite before. UNDERRATED. Expand
  41. Feb 7, 2014
    Dont understand this RE6 whining, i have many friends who play this game and we play 2gether online, its hell of a fun, i dont have anything bad saying bout RE6, good game refreshing to see something new in RE series.
  42. Oct 15, 2014
    I didn't care for the direction of 4,5,6 but honestly I enjoyed six for the fact they got rid of all the clunky console crutches on the PC. Shooting while moving is honestly a bug plus, smoothe functioning melee a plus.
    Good gfx and sound with a nice cast of voices and characters made this my favorite recent RE. Hope to see more like this but with more actual survival.
  43. Apr 23, 2014
    For people like me who don't care so much about details in graphics or so much about realism and technical stuff,RE6 is a great game,with a very good scenario and a lot of nice action.It is much different than the other REs,but in a quite successful way
  44. Jun 4, 2014
    People keep saying the worst RE, i dont think so... just because it dont keeps the same gameplay? this is the RE story if you dont like it just dont play it anymore and stop complaining :>, very funny to play with friends , co-op or versus, the campaigns are really funny to play on hard mode with friends, and the story is not all that sh.., search more about the game or just play it to the final before judge it. Expand
  45. Jul 21, 2014
    This game has it all when it comes to true multiplayer experience. CO OP, even on Computer version is a 10 star hit. I've played this game through, and it just keep's getting better. Inter Twined Campaign missions, live's and ongoing troubles at one horrific time period was brilliant. very great game, Best RE since RE4.

10/10, 99META GREAT GAME.

You have to be open minded to
    give this a real review. Expand
  46. Oct 19, 2014
    What a divisive game. Lets just start with saying, if you dont like QTEs and expect survival horror, you WILL be disappointed. If you like a big Gears of War style action game with tons of epic set pieces and cinematics, and have a friend you can play this with online with voicechat, you will be in for a real treat. Honestly I think this game is a classic in the action genre, and I would recommend it to anyone. One of the most fun and visually impressive games Ive played in years. Expand
  47. Apr 16, 2013

Gameplay has evolved in the Resident Evil series from clunky

1. Feb 4, 2014
    Perhaps it's still too experimental and difficult than the sixth entry in a series ought to be, but despite everything, RE6 offers top-tier cinematic action and series-high storytelling. For fans who've yet to try it, the PC version is the right choice.
    If we forget the roots of the franchise, we have ourselves a pretty awesome and addictive 3rd person shooter. [May 2013]
  3. May 21, 2013
    An apocalyptic disappointment that never rises above mediocrity, but often sinks into tedium. [July 2013, p.72]