5.7

1. Dec 5, 2013
    All that Resident Evil has best been simply discarded in this horrible game (horrible in the worst sense there). It really is the worst game in the franchise. An ambitious project of a game that abandons all backgrounds deserve the total contempt of fans. The only things that this game has to Resident evil are names of people (Chris, Leon, Sherry, Ada) and zombies.
  2. Dec 8, 2013
    Why don't I just watch a movie. This game once again abandons everything that made resident evil 4 such a good game. Sure the graphics are good and the invisible snake fight is pretty awesome but the game is basically everything people hate about call of duty.
  3. May 7, 2014
    this was the most terrifying most hated most stupid most most awful most vs..vs.. its actualy the worst resident evil i ve played in my life in fact its not resident evil its something different..you CrapCom SHOULD give a new name to this game because its not resident evil....! i gave you ZERO point which means nothing
  4. Mar 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the better console ports that I have seen, plenty of new features to the game, mostly in primping an customizing your profile though. At the point of writing this, the COOP is playable with occasional drop outs and lag but not enough to ruin the experience. The problem come in with the controls however. They have given you more control of your character, but aiming and shooting are very flaky up close as the camera angle always seems to be jut of, enough to cause you to miss those crucial up close shots consistently enough to make close quarter's fighting a real chore. The zombies have also sen a big overhaul, mainly in the form of new types of zombies, enough to keep fights interesting, especially early on. The second overhaul, zombie moves i one I am not so fond of. Zombies now can leap massive distances and when down on the ground are even more dangerous than their walking variant.
    Overall the game is good but is held back back some basic control problems that really should not plague a game that i so similar to its predecessors which were a joy to play.
  5. May 1, 2013
    This wasn't the Resident Evil game I wanted, but I've had a lot of fun with it none the less. Trying to GoW/CoD-tardify the RE franchise has been a huge blunder on Capcom's end. Even with that said this is a fully fleshed out experience full of cool modes, multiple campaigns and an interesting albeit off the rails storyline. If you are looking for a good and weird 3rd person sci-fi (I refuse to call it horror) shooter you could do far worse. I'd suggest waiting for a sale however. Expand
  6. Sep 19, 2013
    Did i like the old REs? Yes. Do i like them now? No. They were good for their time, when technology didn't allow for a lot more than bad controls, camera, motion capture and terrible voice acting was the norm, but they have aged very badly. Revelations and 6 are the evolution that this franchise needed. No longer does your character move like a tank. No longer does it rely on cheap, ineffective horror. It's a full blown action game with great controls, satisfying combat, better writing and voice acting (though it's still nothing special in that area). It's also quite long.. if you don't rush it, it can take you 30 hours to finish all campaigns and then there is still more stuff to do.
    All in all, great fun and the best game in a franchise that really needed to forget its mediocre roots.
  7. May 21, 2013
    though i was excited about this game and played it for more than a lil of 24 hours it was ok..doesn't feel that amazing in some ways but i liked the fact that the story co-op mode is fun, other then that there's really nothing to it.
  8. Dec 28, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 is not a good game. Perhaps it looks nice and cool, but behind the good graphics is a game with uninteresting and way too long story, no atmosphere how it should be, bad controls and very stupid enemies. I played Resident Evil 5 and it was much better, even without horror, but here the want you to be scared and don't make it.
  9. May 7, 2013
    This game has a lot of flaws. Poor level design, the end boss gets recycled for about three times. There´s no Horror at all! The characters are very likeable except for Helena Harper (you will hate that she has a good AI though. The cutscenes are good and they are good but the dialogues are cheesy as hell. The gameplay is good and makes a lot of fun! The only problem is the cover system. It doesn´t work. In order to duck and get behind cover you need to press LT and A at the same time and you need to hold them! That´s annyoing, don´t use the cover system its annyoing. In one campaign it´s essential though. In the Chris Campaign. THe graphics are old even on the oc, but at least the models and light effects look decent. The overall length is about 20 to 24 hrs. Four Campaigns, Collectibles, Skill Points, the game tries to take you on a long journey. You think that´s it? Hell, no! The inventory system is you can only take as many items as you have slots, but in the game you get a lot of ammo and your inventory gets full very fast. The game is extremly linear and the puzzles and riddles are for monkeys. The quicktime events are annyoing and many of them are unnecessary or even too easy! What´s left to say? The controls are a lil bit delayed but that´s for the "survival aspect" of this game. It has fully Xbox 360 Support though. The mouse and controller controls are both good and feel good. At all the game feels smooth but it has many holes, it´s like a BMW you like to drive even though the car is old and needs to get repaired. I suggest to buy this game because of it´s fun but only for about 15 bucks. Wait for steam sale or buy it cheap on Amazon. Expand
  10. Jan 6, 2014
    Resident Evil 6 was so bad that I didn't even finished the whole game. It had difficult controls, annoying texture glitches, and bad camera angles. But the story, setting, and character design was pretty good.
  11. Jun 7, 2013
    Frustrating controls especially during chase scenes, frustrating quick time events, and enemies that just get more and more ridiculous as the game progresses.
  12. Apr 30, 2013
    the game is not like before when it use to be scary and the zombies you have to run away from them most of the time now the game transformed to be like left for dead just keep killing zombies like no tomorrow
  13. Jun 18, 2013
    Resident Evil 4 made revolution moving the serie from horror-running to action, and RE5 almost crossed that line between "great" and "just a shooter". Well, RE 6 is all about shooting. User interface is worse than ever, and invisible walls makes the game very linear without even a little hope to turn somewhere... but you just run trough this huge corridor most part of the game.
    But still
    it's not as bad as it could be. And having good parents always gives you a point or two. Expand
  14. Jul 12, 2014
    Oh my God, the QTE!
    Launched the game. Got to first zombie. Dead. Continue. Next QTE. Dead. Continue. Next QTE. Dead Con...
    WHYYYYY???? WHAT FOR?
    R.I.P. Resident Evil.
  15. Jul 1, 2013
    This is a game I felt ashamed to enjoy. Though there are a few open spaces, for most of the game you'll be funneled through corridors and small rooms. Chris's campaign is pretty much a cover shooter. There are gratuitous scripted events. The list goes on. However at the end of it all, this game does a pretty good job of making you feel like a badass, which is FUN! The melee attacks are really responsive and well animated. The campaigns progress nicely and the relationship between you and your partner develops very organically to the point where I actually felt like I cared about my AI partner (except for when I let them get do the get walloped to save ammo). Very underrated game IMO! Expand
  16. Jan 27, 2014
    Awful. Where should i start? The graphics, not suitable for the time it is published. The audio seems ok. The controlling is just pure crap. Capcom did made a game that you cant really control and that is their difficult lever, ergo a fake difficulty because of the lack in programming an intresting combat system. Additional to that, the savepoints are set horrible so that you really have to be in luck to survive and has nothing to do with skill in gameplay. This biohazardpart is the most ugliest Resident Evil of all time. Capcom destroyed this wonderful franchise, please stop making more! Expand
  17. May 9, 2014
    It's sad. Capcom does not know what they are trying to do. This game is nothing and still everything. The story has plotholes. It's filled with QTE which suck. It's not even remotely scary. But the graphics are good.
    Well Dead Space 1 and 2 are much better then this. Looks like the Survival Horror genre can only be saved by indie developers.
  18. Oct 13, 2013
    A good action game, has a good thriller and a very creative story with characters meeting during the game, the more reality to the plot, just missed a little more challenge puzzles.
  19. Oct 27, 2013
    I played all the Residents that were released and even if the form changed from pure horror to an action game I still think this is what I was waiting for. I don't understand why this game is getting so much criticism. I had a great time playing campaign in co-op with my friend and I think that they should make more games like this. The only reason i am not giving 10 is the fact that i don't like QTE and there is a bit too much of them here :P. Fighting system boss fights are awsome. That's why I would really recommend everyone to play it before reading other comments because i thing this game is really worth buying. Keep up the good work Konami :D Expand
  20. Nov 19, 2013
    This game is great if you are RE fan you will love this one. Its like 4 games in one, You can choose 4 campaign. The graphics is good the story great. I don't know why others don't like this game this resident evil is the best of all the episodes.
  21. Nov 20, 2013
    I have very mixed feelings with regards to Resident Evil 6; on one side it was a solid action shooter and on the other it was dragged out, lacked any real horror aspect, contained unnecessary amounts of QTE’s and generally held your hand a little to much… The game does look fantastic and it’s very flashy, but the game is built as a series of battle arenas with corridors between them… I really do miss the exploration and re-visitation aspect that the games used to have… This game also has four separate campaigns which (too me) all felt to closely tied together meaning you often killed the same bosses from a different perceptive and felt like a easy way to extend the length of there game… It seriously is a jack of all trades and master of none… However, I can recommend this if you want a shooter, but this made all the same mistakes as Resident Evil 5; plus a few more… Expand
  22. Feb 4, 2014
    Although Resident evil had great upper-hand in horror action genre third person shooting from Biohazzard 4 (The most anticipated series of year) to Resident evil 5 with epic game play .. but 6th installment made me very disappointed with no deep story , They need to do some great deal of hardwork on every pillar of Game especially on storyline and characters
  23. Mar 21, 2014
    It is NOT horror,it is an action/shooter game.I am a huge RE fun,it is my favourite game of all time(especially RE and RE3)but this is not RE I love.No puzzles,no object finding,just shott and shoot.Last good RE game was 4th.
  24. Aug 11, 2014
    It's a good game but it has taken steps towards the wrong direction. Too much action oriented, a bad inventory not letting you fix and organize your weapons and items and many campaigns that actually take place the same time ruining the immersion factor. I would definitely prefer one big campaign. Technically the game looks and feels good.
  25. Mar 26, 2014
    I don't understand how these huge developers continue to mess up their games with poor design choices. The overlapping story structure isn't fun. It cheapens the campaigns with repetition that only escalates as you clear them. Why did they ever give up on the exploration/puzzle/supply conservation/equipment upgrading aspects of the series? Everything that was unique about it was junked for a cookie cutter shooter plagued with an endless string of button mashing qtes and about 300 miles of chase scenes. The only RE tradition still intact is the terribly cheesy dialog. Expand
  26. Apr 23, 2014
    As a long time fan of the Resident Evil series this by far destroyed my dreams. This game could not have been less fun to play, its no longer a survival horror game. This is a action adventure game with more quick time events than I care to count. There are multiple stories playing out in this game at the same time. Somehow they all manage to converge on each other in someway or another. Yet somehow the original game in the series started off with zombies and actual scares this game seems to make me laugh more than scare me.

Gameplay: Overall controls are easy to get the hang of and its not a difficult game by any means. It is however a terrible and boring and if you are familiar with the series at all then I don’t know how you can even consider this game worthy of the name Resident Evil. It’s a confusing mess with quick time events and stop and shot tactics that get old very quickly.

Graphics: Game runs smoothly and is up to date on todays graphic engines, isn’t anything you haven’t seen before but it maybe the only saving grace this game has is the fact that it looks decent.

Replay Value: None, beat the game and you will never want to touch it again. That is if your lucky and do manage to play through the entire game!

Overall this game is a complete waste of time and money. Wouldn't even want to play this game if it was free.
  27. Jun 3, 2014
    I'll be synthetic. The game is filled to the brim with entirely gratuitous scripted actions. I hate those. Many scenarios are likewise gratuitously slow. I hate that. Zombies' reactions to attacks reek of brawler games. Tekken wasn't as clumsy though.
    The interface reeks of console design. It's insulting on PC.
    A lightly dressed guy in the opening scenario apparently holds a dozen
    different guns on him, with negligible amounts of ammo for each. Immersion: zero.

It's amazing how a game which starts so similarly to say, RE3, fails to convey any basic feature which made such an old game fun. You can't feel alone (you're not), you can't feel lost (press the Q key), you can't feel in danger ("Continue?" As if it were Tekken), you don't feel scared. I'll never even try a RE game again after this.
  28. Jun 22, 2014
    How CLOSE TO THE SCREEN DO YOU WANNA BE!!!!!!!!!! such a joke.The game would be a good game but the dude takes up half of the screen what the hell? Resident evil 5 was much better at least that was playable.
  29. May 26, 2013
    I give this game a 6,it does feel like a Movie Based game.But sorry to say that Resident Evil 6 are gone too far about Climax-ing the game.First i wanna talk about the positive one,is how the game looks like a movie itself,its really cool when playing with good cutscenes,next the Story,there`s a 4 of them,which takes about 3-5 hour to finish it,pretty cool,and lastly,there`s a 2 player co-op mode,not bad,but awesome for RE6.Well now,the Negative one.The Horror......Where is it!! Its not even horror game at all! Second,Gameplay,sometimes its kinda ok,sometimes it kinda annoying,and the place where you played at,is rather less space than actual game does,like example,playing leon mission Fighting the Boss Fatty first time,fighting on the Small house area,really punishing me so hard,overall for the gameplay,kinda annoying.Third,the controller sucks,complicated as hell.Even on PC keyboard.Lastly,the Cutscenes,way overboard.Way climatic.Way Overused.Way Longer than Gameplay itself.This is a joke for a Resident Evil Fans.I think RE5 and even better than this but the problem is,the game engine on this game was badly optimized on some graphics,for example,Intel HD 4000 can`t even run at all.But I can run RE5,ya kidding me.Now i own NVidia and still looks uglier than RE5. Expand
  30. Sep 22, 2014
    It's an okay console port. No real complaints about that. The graphics are nice, but texture resolution is a bit on the low side and almost every level is really dark, so bump the brightness up if you need to. Leon's campaign is enjoyable, though it does get monotonous toward the end. The other campaigns aren't worth your time, besides maybe Chris'. RE6 is a mediocre game that doesn't compare very well with its predecessors. A real shame. Expand
  31. Nov 20, 2013
    is a good game... i have played every single RE game there is, u wont be be disapointed, the gameplay have changed a lot since the first RE game, but is still a fun game...
  32. Oct 12, 2013
    I like the stages and cutscenes but I hate the gameplay. The move is stupid and it's easy to have unnecessary interactions with the objects during battle, which easily leads to death. The camera is sometimes annoying. Some QTEs are irritating. I finished all campaigns once and don't want to play them for the second time. I still give this game a 8/10 just because Biohazard is one of my favorite game franchises. Expand
  33. Oct 3, 2014
    The problem with this game is, it doesn't feel like a resident evil game. Massive action sequences, dull story, ridiculous enemies.

Resident evil was once king of the survival horror realm; however the only horror you'll find here is in its numerous quick time events and poor excuse for a story, "C-virus cough cough".

Its ultimately tries to be something big but stumbles even bigger.
  34. Sep 7, 2013
    Residen Evil to seria która przeszła wręcz wszystko. Była serią która rządziła jako świetny survival horror. Była serią która miała swoje wzloty i upadki. Zasłynęła jeszcze bardziej przy bardzo dobrej 4 jak i pogorszyła się przy tracącej klimat 5. Spadła wręcz do zera po wydaniu fatalnego Racoon City i pokazała że coś jeszcze potrafi ukazując Revelations. No i wreszcie nadeszła 6. Już przed premierą fani starego RE rzucali obelgami na ten wybryk. Ja jako w pół fan RE muszę przyznać że 6 zaskoczyła mnie. Czemu? Po pierwsze: W porównaniu do 5, jest to o wiele lepszy Resident Evil jak i survival horror. Po drugie: Oceniam głównie kampanię pierwszą. Dziwi mnie to że twórcy wpakowali nam 4 kampanie z czego 1 jest dobra, 1 jest fatalna a pozostałe 2 średnie. Ja skupiam się głównie na pierwszej kampanii. chodź muszę powiedzieć iż gdyby nie było by pozostałych kampanii, wystawił bym większą ocenę. Fabuła. RE pokazywał już wiele ciekawych pomysłów. Brakowało mu jednak tego co zostało pokazane w 6. Wręcz koniec świata. Nareszcie wszyscy dowiedzieli się do czego znany jest "wirus". Nareszcie poczułem że ratuje świat a nie tylko samego siebie. W tym wypadku RE stracił jednak trochę na klimacie, który i tak według mnie odbudowuje się wraz z rozwojem kampanii. Graficznie nie jest to szok, ale da się to wytrzymać. Twórcy ciekawie przedstawili przeciwników(zresztą jak zawsze w serii) do tego modele postaci itp. Zostało zrobione naprawdę dobrze. Twórcy dodali parę dobrych nowych elementów przez co RE przeszedł zmiany(według mnie, potrzebne po tylu częściach), aczkolwiek wielu fanów chyba przez następne parę lat nie zrozumie że RE po prostu potrzebuje zmian. Oczywiście z umiarem, i zrobionych tak aby RE był takim survival horrorem jak chociażby 4.(Przypominam, moja ocena głównie odnosi się do pierwszej kampanii). Moja ocena 8/10 Expand
  35. Oct 12, 2013
    not bad for a game
    but as most of what people have probably said, this isn't a good successor to the resident evil franchise, I LOVED the first 3 and code veronica, this is kinda action oriented, BUT a lot better than RE5
  36. Nov 4, 2013
    I enjoyed this game the story kept me interested right to the end and I ended up playing every campaign. That being said there are some irritating camera angles you have to deal with, and some pointless quick time events, for example pressing a button (does not matter at which time it just needs pressing) does not require a quick time event to do it. That being said I still think this is definitely worth playing Expand
  37. Mar 16, 2014
    Great game, I played it only in coop with friend, so idk about SP experience, but coop is too much fun, its awesome, how sometimes, there are different paths for each player. Characters models are very detailed, some textures in levels are not as good, but they are fine. Game has nice variety of enemies, which is pretty cool. All campaigns are different, which is one of the coolest ideas i seen in games, tho Leons story is most Resident Evilish. Controls are sometimes clunky, but i cant complain, its easy to get used to them. Game story mode has 30 hours of gameplay. IMO its an amazing game, i got it for 6$ and its a steal for such price. Expand
  38. Nov 22, 2013
    This game isn't poopoo! You silly children. Your reviews are poopoo! Play it. Don't smell out click bait reviews and just copy those. This game I admit SHOULD ONLY be played CO-OP Online. Not split screen or solo. The boss battles are sometimes questionable but it wasn't as repetitive as past RE games. (As in shoot in face for 15 seconds, then wait 20 sec then repeat 20 times.) Sure it's over the top. But it wasn't as over the top as Wesker just teleporting all over the place, with the only way to possibly beat him is to either A, use a Rocket Launcher; or B, shoot at him constantly for 30 mins. Can not be compared to Resident Evil 4 since the zombiez (T-C-V or whatever virus) virus has gone global not just in a low populated countryside village. And resident Evil 1 was not scarier the only thing scary about that game was graphics, gameplay, voice acting, inventory system, camera angles and the controls. Don't go pulling "oh when that dog jumped through that window, I nearly fell out of my window. (The only reason most people like it is mostly nostalgia.) Gameplay is much improved; doesn't feel like you have played it quite before. UNDERRATED. Expand
  39. Feb 7, 2014
    Dont understand this RE6 whining, i have many friends who play this game and we play 2gether online, its hell of a fun, i dont have anything bad saying bout RE6, good game refreshing to see something new in RE series.
  40. Feb 27, 2014
    If you are a fan of Resident Evil I would definitely say give this a try, it's a good game, it's just nothing at all like the originals. In my opinion the games lost their "evilness" after RE 4, But still a great game, the controls are solid and the story is acceptable.
  41. Oct 15, 2014
    I didn't care for the direction of 4,5,6 but honestly I enjoyed six for the fact they got rid of all the clunky console crutches on the PC. Shooting while moving is honestly a bug plus, smoothe functioning melee a plus.
    Good gfx and sound with a nice cast of voices and characters made this my favorite recent RE. Hope to see more like this but with more actual survival.
  42. Aug 26, 2014
    I wanted to love this game, I truly did... But, I used to be a RE Fan, then i took a QTE in the knee...

I loved the hell out of the series before this game, i still play my PSX copy of RE:DC and RE 2, I play Raccoon city somewhat regularly, because i love the atmosphere, feel, and the story of the game... But this Abomination we know as Resident Evil 6... Does not deserve to be called a
    Game, It should be called a torture device, Where someone invites their friend who does not know better, For some "Co-Op".

-The good:

-Graphics: 7/10 are not as good as you would think, but they get their job done, and are not overly polished Except the ice, and snow (after a certain snow mobile chase) which sometimes looks like polished marble or "desert glass"

-Sounds: I would rate them 7/10. They are good, but they could be better, especially some of the weapon sounds... just sound odd.

-Atmosphere of the game,6/10 (Jake and sherry 9/10). the campaign with jake and sherry, has a nice atmosphere, and i think they nailed it with that one.... the others, not so much.

Now the bad....

The controls: Are just awfull, and most of the time you get screwed over by them, not to mention, you do not have the freedom of opting out from key combinations, you have to have some Combined keys in bindings, othervise the game snarles at you and tells you "some keys have not been configured" and does not let you get out of the bindings menu until they are -.-

QTE: I like a good QTE here and there.... But when they shovel them down your throat at the same pace as you goble minutes for game time.... That is just too much. Not to mention alot of the QTE's and action scenes, have elements which you have no control over, which end up killing you, either due to crappy level design, or bad camera angle, or colliding with your partner.... Yeah, even when running, you touch your partner = you get slowed down a bit -.-

Weapon and inventory system; Just fugly, cant say anything else about, you have to experience it yourself...

The skill point system: not only is it reduntant(you in no way need to have skills to beat the campaigns)
    You wount be able to acces most of the skills during your first 2 campaigns anyway, Take for example Melee skill upgrade, level one takes 11K skill points, does not sound that much, except the character you want to use it with, jake, hes campaign will be about 50% done when you get that... Yeah, level 2 takes 22500 points if i remember correctly, Yeah... Get the point?

The physics of the game; This is the one have the most grief with, Imagine a hole, You see it, You step closer, you get to 2-3 meters from the hole... And you get an animation that shows you falling down to it -.- that is basically the physics of this game in a nutshell... Anything even slightly dangerous looking, assume it is alive, and has telekinetic vortex or something that sucks you in if you go anywhere near. Oh and holes and ledges, assume they are blackholes during the action sequences.

Last but not least, The stupid combat system: Unless you take the combat block upgrade... You are out of stamina after 5-7 melee moves -.- this is especially annoying with jakes campaign, since he has some awesome moves :( like a piledriver.

If you are a resident evil fan, Dont play this game, unless you are into Masochism
  43. Apr 23, 2014
    For people like me who don't care so much about details in graphics or so much about realism and technical stuff,RE6 is a great game,with a very good scenario and a lot of nice action.It is much different than the other REs,but in a quite successful way
  44. Apr 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game and the history of leon median and delayed but the gameplay and good, I liked chris so that the gameplay is not as good as that of Leon jake and the median in all, the story and gameplay and the ada and fantastic, and play with this amazing lady! Expand
  45. Jun 4, 2014
    People keep saying the worst RE, i dont think so... just because it dont keeps the same gameplay? this is the RE story if you dont like it just dont play it anymore and stop complaining :>, very funny to play with friends , co-op or versus, the campaigns are really funny to play on hard mode with friends, and the story is not all that sh.., search more about the game or just play it to the final before judge it. Expand
  46. Jun 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm biased. Resident Evil on PS1 is 1/2 of what started me on gaming in the first place. I loved 1-3, played them through all their secrets. GameCube's RE4 was, I thought, the awesome next step. RE5 didn't feel like RE. I HATED the parasite attached to my character making a solo play impossible because there was no way to kill her off and keep going solo. She also ate resources. Coop play is a fantastic idea but only if it's not required. The landscape also sucked. Chris was also tired. Anyway, onto RE6.

PROS:

THE PARASITE: The co-op critter attached to you can be ignored. It can't die and it doesn't drain your resources. Ignore it and you'll be fine apart from waiting on a few doors to open.

ATMOSPHERE: More of a return to what RE should be, over that RE5 debacle. Each line is different. Leon is kinda standard. Chris is more in tune with RE5 (kill him off already), but limited so it's ok. The Jake line is a newer take that I rather liked, with a different approach to fighting without a gun. Not so much on the puzzles but a step closer to where we need to be.

GAMEPLAY: A little bit of everything. There's a snowmobile chase scene. I didn't think I'd like this, but I did. Defend against a harrowing ambush in a snowy cabin only to escape out the back onto a snowmobile for a refreshing change of pace. Stealth-ish options in the Jake/Sherri sequence. A car chase. With guns. A bit of flying with some shooting. A motorcycle chase, again with guns. All these just feel like a little respite from the shoot and splatter bits, a way to segway into the next bits. The Ada story (played last for storyline sake) is solo and can be somewhat stealthish in parts, though there is co-op available. The way her line was structured is how co-op should be...truly optional.

PERSPECTIVE: They brought back perspective flipping by playing through as different characters. Two flips within 3 storylines...and 3 storylines. Six playthroughs if you like. Weapons exclusive to each character. Motives. Secrets. More of a return from the RE5 crap.

REACTIVE MOBS: Evolving monsters like in RE4. Shoot a mob in the arm, they adapt by growing a super armor arm that they then use to shield themselves almost completely...forcing you to go for an ankleshot unless you have a grenade launcher or some such. Leg shots...similar problems. Head...well, sometimes they sprout a new one. Shotgun blast to the chest....sometimes they blow up into a walking bioexplosive...but you can use these to bomb other mobs. They have snipers too.

INVENTORY: The wheels are nice. Herbs finally get their own special place, with a hotkey for fast eating.

JAKE: Good addition to the traditional eyeroll, Class B horror flick drama of RE.

GODZILLA: Zombie style.

CONS:

BUTTON MASHING: OMFGWHY. WHY? Why do I have to bang on keyboard and mouse with such repetition that my wrist muscles burn and my fingers cramp? There are some escape sequences that require this BS to such a degree that it almost makes me quit and purge the game from my system entirely. (See: Sherri/Jake doors and drill sequence).

CHASE BUTTON MASHING: OMFGWHY kicked up to the tenth power. (See: Chris storyline escape seamonster sequence). This is exacerbated by forced camera flipping which turns your W key from backwards to forwards to sideways in a blink. I played this for 2 hours on fail. Came back again out of stubborness. Got it, but only by rote memorization of key stamps and clicks to the end. Start over to take it another 2 feet, die. Start over again to add yet another 2 feet, die. Rinse/repeat until you know each camera flip and key mash. Like learning Morse Code on the fly and putting it into keyboard/mouse gaming controls. This gameplay fxn needs to be erased. It's tedious instead of challenging. Gamebreaking for many.

HEADSHOTS: Why doesn't a headshot do anything to a typical zombie?

CHRIS: Why isn't he dead yet? From a steroid induced aneurism if nothing else.

DIFFICULTY: Doesn't feel like survival horror, just urban landscape biohorror with guns and much ammunition.
  47. Jul 21, 2014
    This game has it all when it comes to true multiplayer experience. CO OP, even on Computer version is a 10 star hit. I've played this game through, and it just keep's getting better. Inter Twined Campaign missions, live's and ongoing troubles at one horrific time period was brilliant. very great game, Best RE since RE4.

10/10, 99META GREAT GAME.

You have to be open minded to
    give this a real review. Expand
  48. Oct 19, 2014
    What a divisive game. Lets just start with saying, if you dont like QTEs and expect survival horror, you WILL be disappointed. If you like a big Gears of War style action game with tons of epic set pieces and cinematics, and have a friend you can play this with online with voicechat, you will be in for a real treat. Honestly I think this game is a classic in the action genre, and I would recommend it to anyone. One of the most fun and visually impressive games Ive played in years. Expand
  49. Sep 14, 2014
    After playing such games as Skyrim, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, the entire Crysis series, Fear 1, 2, 3. Deus Ex series, RE6 is not worth the time. If you want to run through a scripted to the 9s game, then knock yourself out. Even the Half Life series feels less scripted. Is there an option to not kick that can, hit that switch, turn on that alarm? nope, script does not allow it. When we want you the have a zombie fight, your going to get one!

Zombies have axes, but can you pick up one so you don't have to make as much noise or waste ammo? Nope, cause that's not in the script! Can you shoot a body on the floor that will get up as you walk past it? Nope, not in the script, your red dot for aiming blinks out when you aim at their heads before they are active. You vill run zee maze our vay und you vill like it!

Even on normal mode it is easy to run out of ammo. The aiming is useless when a zombie is close. Even when they are 20 feet away shooting at the head can take 2-7 shoots to put it down with the 9mm. First shot half the head is missing, but they are still active? Leon can stab one up through the jaw into the brain and that stops it? Knife through the brain down, missing half the head still going strong?!?!? You can run the game with infinite ammo, but then why have a knife?

Then there are the save points, you can't save where you want, you have to reach the save point. So you have to go back and play the 5-10 minutes of stuff before the big fight.
  50. Oct 12, 2014
    I have loved the RE franchise since RE2. I've been a long time fan and was looking forward to playing this game... that is... until I played it. To be fair, the mercenaries mode is still a lot of fun, especially with a (human) partner; but the campaign is largely frustrating and repetitive.

List of Complaints:

Some cutscenes occur during a fight and leave you actually getting
    killed during a scene wherein you cannot control your player.

The random forced camera angles to show you your target destination is a nice touch, but again, it will happen during fight scenes and leave you stranded, unable to keep the enemy in your sights while you're getting shot.

The controls are less intuitive than previous games. While running, the character cannot seem to corner without first running against a wall for several steps. While walking or jogging, the character will often times move in a completely different direction than the direction you are wanting to go for the first several steps.

The computer controlled players hardly ever do what you ask them to do and also let you die quite frequently without helping you. When they do help you, it's with a shot that only gets you back on your feet, there is no way for them to actually heal you. You also can't control what weapon(s) your AI controlled partner uses like in RE5 so they will fight bosses with the weakest weapon possible.

The new in-game menu is way too much for in-flight response.

In all campaigns you will find yourself walking slowly (or swimming) through entire sections of the story, unable to fire weapon, unable to run, it's just filler time, and what seems to be a huge waste of time. It seems that this was done to enhance the "fear factor" of the game. This works fine for the first playthrough but once you have finished a playthrough, these scenes seem arbitrarily long and quite dull, not to mention all too frequent.

The addition of more vehicles would have been a nice touch if the creators could have actually made them more user friendly. However, it seems that the poor controls that plague the characters in this game become exponentially worse with the player controlled vehicles.

Upgrading weapons in this game is far less rewarding for two reasons. 1) even the strongest weapons seem to be somewhat ineffective against even normal enemies, and 2) different campaigns have a lot of different weapons. This was cool at first but if you're a player like me that favors one particular weapon, and then there is an entire campaign in which you cannot use it, this makes for a much less rewarding experience to earn the points to buy the upgrades for your weapon of choice.

RE5 had a few annoying spots during cutscenes where it seemed like you're pushing buttons more than being captivated by the story, but it wasn't terrible. RE6, however, has taken this annoyance to another level and has made it a complete burden. I found that throughout the story (all 4 stories), I was not enjoying the fullness of the story because I was so distracted by pushing buttons that it took away from the richness that should be felt.

Needs to breakup the story line more like RE5 did. Not everyone had 1.5-2 hours per stage to play every day. I made time, but it felt forced, it's not because I wanted to take that long on one level.

Where is the Rocket Launcher for completing the game in under 5 hours? Sure this isn't something that every player enjoys, but when you work hard to get an awesome reward so you can one-hit kill a boss every once in a while, it should feel rewarding. Again, going back to weapon upgrades from earlier, you never quite feel rewarded... at least, not at the level of prior games.

With so much negative, is there any positive? Yes.

The added ability to dodge-roll from enemy attacks is nice.

Some of the new enemies being more difficult is also fun (within reason).

Although some critics complained that the story was too large having 4 campaigns, I felt like it was finally a game returning to the old days when it took longer to beat a good game. Had this game been everything I had hoped it would be, the length to complete it would have been welcomed.

Mercenaries (almost) makes up for the disappointment of the campaign, almost.

1. Feb 4, 2014
    Perhaps it's still too experimental and difficult than the sixth entry in a series ought to be, but despite everything, RE6 offers top-tier cinematic action and series-high storytelling. For fans who've yet to try it, the PC version is the right choice.
    If we forget the roots of the franchise, we have ourselves a pretty awesome and addictive 3rd person shooter. [May 2013]
  3. May 21, 2013
    An apocalyptic disappointment that never rises above mediocrity, but often sinks into tedium. [July 2013, p.72]