5.7

1. Mar 22, 2013
    Personally, I was a little rage infused on it's release due to it's inept ability to ensure the game be in full working order. The lack of co-operative play, which was the main attraction for me...and when it was working, has in-game microphone which was “always on”.

The Co-op mode network was enabled when the game was released in North America and the always on microphone has a workaround...which shouldn't need to be used...it reminded me too much of the Dead Island release which were not the fondest of memories.

The graphics of this title are sadly surpassed by it's predecessor due to it's mixed use of, what I would call, moderate (in this day and age) to low quality textures used on certain objects and scenery, which is somewhat strange, since the character models are generally, nicely detailed. Just doesn't give me a feeling of consistency. Don't get me wrong, it's not terrible or anything, it's just not as good as I thought it to be. FoV slider doesn't seem to do much. Controls are somewhat, more awkward with certain tasks personally due to the fact, that there's much more actions to bind (Also considering it's use of Quick-Time Events).

Once all the crap was out the way, I've found the game experience to be very much, both, enjoyable and challenging since I'm playing with a friend on No Hope difficulty...many deaths ensue. My initial cause of concern for this game was perhaps, a frame-rate issue. After running the Biohazard Resident Evil 6 benchmark that was available on the Tools Section of Steam, I had dipped to about 21 fps at certain points...but I realize now, that set of benchmark scenarios aren't emulated in a play-though of the campaigns...perhaps Mercenary mode (which, I've yet to test). It may not be a survival horror like it's early precursors, it's in a step in the right direction..away from Resident Evil 5 with it's dark atmosphere and mandatory jump-scare. Strip the title down to it's core game-play mechanics, and it's actually a decent game.
  2. Mar 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I will summarize for people who don't want to read this entire review, this is the WORST RE game i have ever played in my life. Period. I actually signed up just to write a review about this game. I will start by saying what I liked about this game. The play control is alright and the game runs well and stable for the most part, a fact that is a pleasant surprise for a console port. Additionally my partners always seemed to have HUGE breasts!

What I did not like:
    The plot is terrible, the story line jumps all over the place. The game is filled with a multitude of plot contrivances we call Deus Ex Machina, in order to keep the characters in an unending circle of misfortunate accidents, to refocus your attention away the fact that there is no plot development. Opening doors would often result in an attack and loss of life that is scripted and unavoidable. While walking through a graveyard a flash of lightning would suddenly surround me with undead. While navigating a subway filled with speeding trains, zombies would indeed be killed by them but the ones down the track and around the corner somehow managed to nimbly avoid said train. Why and how are the trains still running you ask? Good question...

Play control KEY MASHING! Ever time a zombie gets a hold of you. On more than one occasion I would press the wrong keys while hitting the correct ones, opening up my inventory. Needless to say this resulted in a loss of life. The knife is by far the most devastating weapon in the game, it is quite normal for zombies to suck back an entire clip of ammunition, all while taking 3 or more to the head. That being said, the melee combat system is clumsy. Zombies crawling on the ground are far more dangerous than the vertical kind, and require much more effort to dispatch unharmed. On one occasion a zombie took to the air to attack me and in dazzling display dexterity and swiftness I turned and filled his face with buckshot! Only to have it grapple attack and begin feasting on my flesh, the moment it was shaken off it fell dead with no more help from myself.

The kicker for this game came when I was forced into a confrontation with a powerful ugly thing that spewed the C-virus in gaseous form from pustules on its abdomen, subsequently infecting every living soul inside the church i was taking refuge in... and even though it took mere seconds to infect and turn a healthy human being into the walking dead, my partner and myself simply took a tiny bit of damage. This added to the fact that the creature in questions needed to be targeted in the head, made evident by the effervescent red diamond floating above its head the entire fight, (good thing Leon got that retinal HUD upgrade). Two levels worth of hoarded ammunition later, and the wonder infector still alive, I quit the game, and registered with Metacritic in an attempt to save anyone who reads this, time, money, heartache, headache, sanity, and a small measure of their soul.

Amph
  3. Mar 29, 2013
    The game play is good but the speed you need for the video séance fen sux I'm31 and I can't keep up it has ruined it for me I cant get any further in the game they have not mad allowances for people on a realistic ability to play.
  4. Mar 23, 2013
    I honestly cannot comprehend all the bad talk this game has received. This is an awesome game. It's very good at what it does and should be rewarded for that. It looks nice, it doesn't have any technical issues at all, and it offers tons of great moments. Some of the design issues are questionable but not major enough to cry over them. Gameplay is very immersive. Buy "Biohazard" 6 (II honestly cannot comprehend all the bad talk this game has received. This is an awesome game. It's very good at what it does and should be rewarded for that. It looks nice, it doesn't have any technical issues at all, and it offers tons of great moments. Some of the design issues are questionable but not major enough to cry over them. Gameplay is very immersive. Buy "Biohazard" 6 (I usually prefer the Japanese name since it reflects better what this game series is about than the american name "Resident Evil").

Yes, it's not an survival horror in a classical sense, and yes, it has some weird issues like for example the fact that you have to conserve ammo, but relying only to melee attacks isn't really a good strategy. Melee attacks are kind of difficult to execute even on a normal difficulty level. You see some zombies down you or kill you instantly in a close combat, even on a normal difficulty and getting healed by a partner isn't always possible. And while it doesn't frustrate me, I could see my console gaming buddies getting extremely irritated by the melee fighting.

Talking about conserving ammo, this game finally finds a nice usage for the fire grenades. In previous games you got lots of ammo, and there really just wasn't hordes of enemies where you'd find usage for napalm. But this game fixes that.

The Windows port of the is well executed and it doesn't have any major technical issues. However the menu structure in the game is bit confusing but not to a point it starts to irritate me.

Just to repeat, THIS GAME DOES NOT SUFFER FROM TECHNICAL ISSUES WHAT SO EVER! The problem the other people have is their ATi/AMD graphics card which have always been very picky about the games they run nicely on. Especially if they haven't updated their ATi/AMD graphics drivers in months! If people would Google, you'd know that every single time a major title comes out, it will not run on an ATi/AMD graphics card without issues, or like in some cases, won't run at all. Go buy nVidia, or Intel, or anything else, and all the games will run just fine. It's not a fault of the game. ATi/AMD have hardware bugs in their graphic cards. They are cheap junk. Stop whining how games like this crash or don't work properly on a ATi/AMD graphics cards. This irritates me to to no end.

Story is much much much closer to Resident Evil 2 & 3 than any other game in this series after them. People about the story don't understand what this game is about, that's for sure. Yeah, it takes cues from some famous zombie movies but I kind of expect to see George A. Romero references in a zombie game. Dialogue is on part with other games in this series so I don't want to bash the funny lines the mysterious characters speak while trying to be mysterious. Voice acting is allright. Visual art is nice and I kind of like the monster design which takes cues from other zombie games and movies.

This game has tons and tons of replay value, and considering it only costs 30€ it has to be one of the best games of the last year. Co-op with your friends is solely worth your money. And unlike certain other games, this has actually the length of a good game with single-player completition taking around 30-32 hours. Which is a great value. The game offers rich enough gameplay, you won't get bored during those hours.

I kind of would have wanted ability to have a shared inventory with your partner like in the previous title, but this way where both have their own stuff is in my opinion better since you can just jump from game to game with unknown people and you're able to play without having to get into the hassle that some jackass won't share any of the ammo with you, or kick you out of the game when you want just few bullets for you gun.

The design is mostly a just a matter of taste, but when it does something to harm the flow of the gameplay, it is a major screw up. And in Biohazard 6 there's one such thing. The four campaigns are split in four chapters. One such chapter usually on a normal gameplay style takes about two hours to complete. Those chapters are divided into sub-chapters which there are usually from 6 to 8 with each sub-chapter taking 15 minutes to complete.

And here's the thing, you cannot save your game just at any point you'd like to save it. And the game just randomly seems to choose that save point being every 2nd or 3rd, I've once encountered even 4th sub-chapter change. And while game does checkpoints constantly, you might play the game for 45 minutes, without encountering a single actual save game point (which is indicated on a screen as a typewriter). And thus if you just leave the game, you'll lose the progress you've done in a sub-chapter no matter how much there is to it. And there's nothing you can do about it.

If Biohazard 7 will get into the production and published, I want it to be something like this. I definitely do what it to be something like this. But with free saving, or checkpoint saves. Thanks for reading!
  5. May 28, 2013
    I really dont understand why people do not enjoy this.

I really liked Resident Evil 5, but I gotta admit that this is way better. It has better camera since RE5, and it has the atmosphere from Resident Evil 2. Also, the knife isn't completely worthless anymore plus you can also do housekicks now to save some ammo. If you like Resident Evil, you should try this. The only
    I really dont understand why people do not enjoy this.

I really liked Resident Evil 5, but I gotta admit that this is way better.

It has better camera since RE5, and it has the atmosphere from Resident Evil 2.

If you like Resident Evil, you should try this.

The only downside is, the graphics are worse than RE5, which actually was quite good looking. But if you can live with that, do not hesitate to grab this.
  6. Apr 16, 2013
    Honestly, I have no idea why everybody is so pissed off at this game. They complain about the camera angles, and the gameplay, it's just I don't see any problems. The only major gripe I have is that YOU CANNOT PAUSE THE GAME! It's very inconvenient, and is very annoying. But thats all the negativity I have for this game.

Gameplay has evolved in the Resident Evil series from clunky

Gameplay has evolved in the Resident Evil series from clunky tank controls and static camera angles to over-the-shoulder action starting with RE 4. That being said, RE 4 was my first introduction to the series, and was my favorite until I played RE 6. 6 gets right all the things that 5 was trying to accomplish (fluid inventory system, smoother and less awkward aiming controls, and less than useless partners) and takes them to the next level. I can say without hesitation that Resident Evil 6 has successfully melded TPS action with survival-horror. There were many times where I was reduced to a sliver of health, and only 3 bullets left in my weapon, and 8 enemies coming towards me, with my partner otherwise occupied with his own battles. These situations got my heart pumping and my adrenalin flowing more effectively than any "horror" elements ever could. Survival-horror is all about managing your ammo and health items effectively in order to survive, and Resident Evil 6 nailed this absolutely perfectly.

As of this writing, I have only completed 2 of the 4 campaigns, and I have already accumulated 15 hours of play time. This is more than I get out of a standard FPS. I completed Crysis 2 and 3 in about 8-10 hours. AvP 2010 took 9 hours. Alan Wake lasted 6 hours. As you can tell, I blow through games rather quickly. Now, look at RE 6. I'm only halfway done with the main campaigns and I have been playing 15 hours. RE 5 only took me 11 hours to finish. If the last two campaigns are as long as the first two, we're looking at 30 hours of gameplay for JUST the first playthrough. After finishing the last 2 campaigns, I intend to play as the other character in each scenario. Thats a total of 60 hours. Then I have Mercenaries mode. Thats about maybe another 14-17 hours. I'd say that RE 6 is more than worth it's $40 price tag. The amount of content Capcom has crammed into this game is absolutely staggering.

Now to address the common complaints. Firstly, the complaints about the camera: It's the exact same configuration as RE 4 and 5. You can switch the dominant hand at will, and it doesn't affect my combat efficiency at all. The menus are at first a bit difficult to navigate, but soon becomes a second nature to operate. The story is pretty much what you would expect from a Resident Evil game. Don't go in expecting storytelling on the level of Mass Effect or Bioshock (the first ones in each of the series). Voice acting is good, but it's not winning any awards any time soon. Areas are linear, but the game encourages venturing off the beaten path to find much needed ammo and health.

I haven't encountered any glitches so far, and the animations are fluid and detailed. Graphics are gorgeous, even on lower settings. And yeah, explosions happen frequently. It's not a game without explosions, so stop complaining that Capcom let Michael Bay have his way with the script.

Another common gripe is the abundance of quick-time events. As far as this goes, I only noticed a healthy dose of QTEs in Leon's story. They were scarce in Chris's story. Don't know about Jake's or Ada's.

My philosophy is "No game deserves a perfect score". Every game has a shortcoming, and no game is flawless. RE 6 is no exception, which is why this title gets a 9.

In short, I love this game. If you are a fan of TPS or survival-horror, you owe it to yourself to pick up a copy of Resident Evil 6. It is MORE than worth its $40 tag.
  7. Apr 25, 2013
    I have played all of the Resident Evil game iterations since I first picked up Re1 on the Sega Saturn and from my stand point I can see where many of the other reviews are coming from. For a long time now the RE franchise has ceased being a survival horror franchise in its core and moved its control over to a more action based play style.
    With RE6 I can see that they were attempting to
    With RE6 I can see that they were attempting to recall what they lost in the earlier years with the use of Leon's Campaign and I did enjoy it. The story and controls were smooth enough for me to pick up and understand off the bat with very little resistance in the way of difficulty. Many of the newer enemies were smart and innovative in my opinion and like RE5.

More was brought to the table for me to enjoy.
  8. May 7, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 is exactly what I assumed where the series was going and I'm happy the creators finally decided whether they wanted an action game or a horror game. I knew they'd pick an action game and I laughed quite a lot at the all over the top sequences scattered throughout. Anyone, which is most, wanted the series to go back to the survival horror aspect, they didn't to most people'sResident Evil 6 is exactly what I assumed where the series was going and I'm happy the creators finally decided whether they wanted an action game or a horror game. I knew they'd pick an action game and I laughed quite a lot at the all over the top sequences scattered throughout. Anyone, which is most, wanted the series to go back to the survival horror aspect, they didn't to most people's grief.
    While it's not what I wanted either, I do love how fluid the combat system is and I do actually love to play the game. If the game didn't have Resident Evil on it I'd probably love it a lot more along with a lot more. Though it takes a huge downturn to see this great series slowly became more "mainstream" so it's less of a horror game and just fully on action, as I keep stating.
    Though I am fine with the game as is. I don't see it as a horror game continuation from my childhood, it's just what this series has turned into and I enjoy it for what it is. I loved the co-op in quite a lot of the game except the extremely shoe-horned in Ada and the Agent co-op. I enjoyed Ada's campaign the way it was and I saw no change needed.
    Resident Evil 6 is a decent game with fluent game play and for that I enjoy it. For the series ever going back to the original survival horror scattered with puzzle I don't have hope for the future of Resident Evil.
  9. Nov 19, 2013
    This game is great if you are RE fan you will love this one. Its like 4 games in one, You can choose 4 campaign. The graphics is good the story great. I don't know why others don't like this game this resident evil is the best of all the episodes.
  10. May 26, 2013
    I give this game a 6,it does feel like a Movie Based game.But sorry to say that Resident Evil 6 are gone too far about Climax-ing the game.First i wanna talk about the positive one,is how the game looks like a movie itself,its really cool when playing with good cutscenes,next the Story,there`s a 4 of them,which takes about 3-5 hour to finish it,pretty cool,and lastly,there`s a 2 playerI give this game a 6,it does feel like a Movie Based game.But sorry to say that Resident Evil 6 are gone too far about Climax-ing the game.First i wanna talk about the positive one,is how the game looks like a movie itself,its really cool when playing with good cutscenes,next the Story,there`s a 4 of them,which takes about 3-5 hour to finish it,pretty cool,and lastly,there`s a 2 player co-op mode,not bad,but awesome for RE6.Well now,the Negative one.The Horror......Where is it!! Its not even horror game at all! Second,Gameplay,sometimes its kinda ok,sometimes it kinda annoying,and the place where you played at,is rather less space than actual game does,like example,playing leon mission Fighting the Boss Fatty first time,fighting on the Small house area,really punishing me so hard,overall for the gameplay,kinda annoying.Third,the controller sucks,complicated as hell.Even on PC keyboard.Lastly,the Cutscenes,way overboard.Way climatic.Way Overused.Way Longer than Gameplay itself.This is a joke for a Resident Evil Fans.I think RE5 and even better than this but the problem is,the game engine on this game was badly optimized on some graphics,for example,Intel HD 4000 can`t even run at all.But I can run RE5,ya kidding me.Now i own NVidia and still looks uglier than RE5. Expand
  11. Jul 1, 2013
    This is a game I felt ashamed to enjoy. Though there are a few open spaces, for most of the game you'll be funneled through corridors and small rooms. Chris's campaign is pretty much a cover shooter. There are gratuitous scripted events. The list goes on. However at the end of it all, this game does a pretty good job of making you feel like a badass, which is FUN! The melee attacks areThis is a game I felt ashamed to enjoy. Though there are a few open spaces, for most of the game you'll be funneled through corridors and small rooms. Chris's campaign is pretty much a cover shooter. There are gratuitous scripted events. The list goes on. However at the end of it all, this game does a pretty good job of making you feel like a badass, which is FUN! The melee attacks are really responsive and well animated. The campaigns progress nicely and the relationship between you and your partner develops very organically to the point where I actually felt like I cared about my AI partner (except for when I let them get do the get walloped to save ammo). Very underrated game IMO! Expand
  12. Mar 24, 2013
    The best game from the series,they have overdone it,it's simply amazing,they added everything the other series lacked,gameplay is outstanding you do what you would do in real life,get on the ground and shooting,graphics are top notch,long and fun campaigns,absolutely no problems with performance on full max setting,runs smooth like a boat in a lake.Lot's of guns,lot's of playableThe best game from the series,they have overdone it,it's simply amazing,they added everything the other series lacked,gameplay is outstanding you do what you would do in real life,get on the ground and shooting,graphics are top notch,long and fun campaigns,absolutely no problems with performance on full max setting,runs smooth like a boat in a lake.Lot's of guns,lot's of playable characters,this game has it all,i simply love it,and to all the negative critics........are you guys for real Some people say game crashes Bad performance Absolutely not,it's on your end guys,don't blame the game.I havent had so much fun in a RE game.This is the game of the year for me.A well deserved 10 Expand
  13. Apr 22, 2013
    Not bad game at all.But still I still asking myself how all main heroes were able to survive through this.
    It's quite stupid,because they're like Supermen,lol.Plot,game-play,heroes,graphics.But because the atmosphere of survival is lost
  14. Oct 21, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 is like buying a lottery ticket, you always regret buying one later. The game franchise started out as when of the best survival horror games on the PS1, but through every game, the quality slowly went downhill (with the exception of the remake on the gamecube). Fans of the original games will be very disappointed in the game. It is a complete run and gun game with littleResident Evil 6 is like buying a lottery ticket, you always regret buying one later. The game franchise started out as when of the best survival horror games on the PS1, but through every game, the quality slowly went downhill (with the exception of the remake on the gamecube). Fans of the original games will be very disappointed in the game. It is a complete run and gun game with little to no strategy, you just turn off your brain and kill zombies and little to no difficulty. The game on the hardest difficulty just increases enemy health and numbers while giving you less ammo, which if you know how to aim (which is really easy on the PC version) is a cakewalk. There is no exploring a location, you just keep moving forward killing zombies. After beating Leon’s campaign I found it very hard to move on. This is the one game that should’ve never been made. Expand
  15. Apr 16, 2013
    Every once in a while a game comes out that EVERYONE seems to about, yet it is a perfectly fine game. This is one of those games.

After playing RE6, I can honestly say, it is a nice game, I really enjoyed it. I found very few wrong with it, Graphics are nice, great co-op, controls are perfect, long action packed rollercoast ride compaign, weapons feel good. Nothing so terrible to warrant these low ratings.

Is the game perfect? of course not, every games has faults, but people are focusing way too much on the negative and blowing it way out of perportion on top of that they are completely ignoring the rest. They put a lot of effort in this game, you see it everywhere, but instead lets focus on Quick time events, or the occasional fixed camera that annoyed you a 2 or 3 times in a 40 hour game.

For the love of god, make up your own mind about this game and stop following this MASSIVE bandwagon of haters. This game is perfectly fine and playable.
  16. May 7, 2014
    this was the most terrifying most hated most stupid most most awful most vs..vs.. its actualy the worst resident evil i ve played in my life in fact its not resident evil its something different..you CrapCom SHOULD give a new name to this game because its not resident evil....! i gave you ZERO point which means nothing
  17. May 16, 2013
    Honestly, this game sounds and looks great from the trailers down to the artwork. But the moment you play it, the game play itself is choppy not to mention the graphics. Tearing and unneeded shadowing appears right in front of you. Even enhancing the brightness levels can ruin the game visually for you. Also you might as well put on subtitles as the sound is very distorted. Even with a 5.1Honestly, this game sounds and looks great from the trailers down to the artwork. But the moment you play it, the game play itself is choppy not to mention the graphics. Tearing and unneeded shadowing appears right in front of you. Even enhancing the brightness levels can ruin the game visually for you. Also you might as well put on subtitles as the sound is very distorted. Even with a 5.1 or enhanced headset, voices are almost nonexistent. The story line has its fair of twist and turns like any other resident evil. Cinematic game play always leave you at the edge of your chair. Good selection of weapons as well. I personally love resident evil and playing this made me think it may be possible that the resident evil franchise is done. Expand
  18. Apr 8, 2013
    i loved bh4 bh5 but not this...

what a button acton QTE game is this? so game resident evil 6

and i dont like moving shot system ..

cant moving shot system it was bh's identity but they throw it and suck it
  19. May 3, 2013
    This is a review of Leon and Chris campaigns, I just couldn't get myself to play the others. I liked the Leon campaign it had kinda that RE horror feel to it. Chris campaign was more action packed so I didn't quite liked it but it was ok I suppose.
  20. Mar 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the better console ports that I have seen, plenty of new features to the game, mostly in primping an customizing your profile though. At the point of writing this, the COOP is playable with occasional drop outs and lag but not enough to ruin the experience. The problem come in with the controls however. They have given you more control of your character, but aiming and shooting are very flaky up close as the camera angle always seems to be jut of, enough to cause you to miss those crucial up close shots consistently enough to make close quarter's fighting a real chore. The zombies have also sen a big overhaul, mainly in the form of new types of zombies, enough to keep fights interesting, especially early on. The second overhaul, zombie moves i one I am not so fond of. Zombies now can leap massive distances and when down on the ground are even more dangerous than their walking variant.
    Overall the game is good but is held back back some basic control problems that really should not plague a game that i so similar to its predecessors which were a joy to play.
  21. Apr 30, 2013
    the game is not like before when it use to be scary and the zombies you have to run away from them most of the time now the game transformed to be like left for dead just keep killing zombies like no tomorrow
  22. Jan 27, 2014
    Awful. Where should i start? The graphics, not suitable for the time it is published. The audio seems ok. The controlling is just pure crap. Capcom did made a game that you cant really control and that is their difficult lever, ergo a fake difficulty because of the lack in programming an intresting combat system. Additional to that, the savepoints are set horrible so that you really haveAwful. Where should i start? The graphics, not suitable for the time it is published. The audio seems ok. The controlling is just pure crap. Capcom did made a game that you cant really control and that is their difficult lever, ergo a fake difficulty because of the lack in programming an intresting combat system. Additional to that, the savepoints are set horrible so that you really have to be in luck to survive and has nothing to do with skill in gameplay. This biohazardpart is the most ugliest Resident Evil of all time. Capcom destroyed this wonderful franchise, please stop making more! Expand
  23. Sep 14, 2014
    After playing such games as Skyrim, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, the entire Crysis series, Fear 1, 2, 3. Deus Ex series, RE6 is not worth the time. If you want to run through a scripted to the 9s game, then knock yourself out. Even the Half Life series feels less scripted. Is there an option to not kick that can, hit that switch, turn on that alarm? nope, script does not allow it. When we wantAfter playing such games as Skyrim, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, the entire Crysis series, Fear 1, 2, 3. Deus Ex series, RE6 is not worth the time. If you want to run through a scripted to the 9s game, then knock yourself out. Even the Half Life series feels less scripted. Is there an option to not kick that can, hit that switch, turn on that alarm? nope, script does not allow it. When we want you the have a zombie fight, your going to get one!

Zombies have axes, but can you pick up one so you don't have to make as much noise or waste ammo? Nope, cause that's not in the script! Can you shoot a body on the floor that will get up as you walk past it? Nope, not in the script, your red dot for aiming blinks out when you aim at their heads before they are active. You vill run zee maze our vay und you vill like it!

Even on normal mode it is easy to run out of ammo. The aiming is useless when a zombie is close. Even when they are 20 feet away shooting at the head can take 2-7 shoots to put it down with the 9mm. First shot half the head is missing, but they are still active? Leon can stab one up through the jaw into the brain and that stops it? Knife through the brain down, missing half the head still going strong?!?!? You can run the game with infinite ammo, but then why have a knife?

Then there are the save points, you can't save where you want, you have to reach the save point. So you have to go back and play the 5-10 minutes of stuff before the big fight.
  24. Mar 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Gameplay 6/10 slightly clunky controls I had to use my Xbox gamepad to get through some irritating dashing segments in chris' and jake's campaign.

Story 5/10 your general resident evil fare, secret evil incorporated wants to destroy the world for some reason, and thinks it's going to be a better place afterwards

Characters 4/10 Leon hates women, women love Leon... Chris wants to be a good soldier but has serious roid rage... Jake is a Merc and is only in it for the money until something in his head makes it personal... Ada is the femme-fatale who you cant figure out if she's good or bad... Sherry and Helena are walking and ass....

Overall it's a decent game, not the best but FAR from the worst, put your brain aside and enjoy it with a friend

oh and the PC version has split screen! SPLIT-SCREEN (do this more developers!)
  25. Sep 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Impressive, with a touch of old school and some new, Resident Evil 6 may be a place of horror and action, depending on which character you relate to more, not to mention the breathtaking cinematographic scenes and perfectly designed to take to realistic, taking everything good in previous installments, discarding bad ideas and adding one of the most stunning and dramatic Horror stories of the moment, besides adding the QTE (quick time event) to revive your survival instincts to get a strategic move to kill your enemy or have the misfortune to get your death.
    Resident Evil 6... my favorite game and I recommend it to you...
  26. May 21, 2013
    though i was excited about this game and played it for more than a lil of 24 hours it was ok..doesn't feel that amazing in some ways but i liked the fact that the story co-op mode is fun, other then that there's really nothing to it.
  27. Jun 18, 2013
    Resident Evil 4 made revolution moving the serie from horror-running to action, and RE5 almost crossed that line between "great" and "just a shooter". Well, RE 6 is all about shooting. User interface is worse than ever, and invisible walls makes the game very linear without even a little hope to turn somewhere... but you just run trough this huge corridor most part of the game.
    But still
    But still it's not as bad as it could be. And having good parents always gives you a point or two.
  28. Oct 13, 2013
    A good action game, has a good thriller and a very creative story with characters meeting during the game, the more reality to the plot, just missed a little more challenge puzzles.
  29. May 1, 2013
    This wasn't the Resident Evil game I wanted, but I've had a lot of fun with it none the less. Trying to GoW/CoD-tardify the RE franchise has been a huge blunder on Capcom's end. Even with that said this is a fully fleshed out experience full of cool modes, multiple campaigns and an interesting albeit off the rails storyline. If you are looking for a good and weird 3rd person sci-fi (IThis wasn't the Resident Evil game I wanted, but I've had a lot of fun with it none the less. Trying to GoW/CoD-tardify the RE franchise has been a huge blunder on Capcom's end. Even with that said this is a fully fleshed out experience full of cool modes, multiple campaigns and an interesting albeit off the rails storyline. If you are looking for a good and weird 3rd person sci-fi (I refuse to call it horror) shooter you could do far worse. I'd suggest waiting for a sale however. Expand
  30. May 7, 2013
    This game has a lot of flaws. Poor level design, the end boss gets recycled for about three times. There´s no Horror at all! The characters are very likeable except for Helena Harper (you will hate that she has a good AI though. The cutscenes are good and they are good but the dialogues are cheesy as hell. The gameplay is good and makes a lot of fun! The only problem is the cover system.This game has a lot of flaws. Poor level design, the end boss gets recycled for about three times. There´s no Horror at all! The characters are very likeable except for Helena Harper (you will hate that she has a good AI though. The cutscenes are good and they are good but the dialogues are cheesy as hell. The gameplay is good and makes a lot of fun! The only problem is the cover system. It doesn´t work. In order to duck and get behind cover you need to press LT and A at the same time and you need to hold them! That´s annyoing, don´t use the cover system its annyoing. In one campaign it´s essential though. In the Chris Campaign. THe graphics are old even on the oc, but at least the models and light effects look decent. The overall length is about 20 to 24 hrs. Four Campaigns, Collectibles, Skill Points, the game tries to take you on a long journey. You think that´s it? Hell, no! The inventory system is you can only take as many items as you have slots, but in the game you get a lot of ammo and your inventory gets full very fast. The game is extremly linear and the puzzles and riddles are for monkeys. The quicktime events are annyoing and many of them are unnecessary or even too easy! What´s left to say? The controls are a lil bit delayed but that´s for the "survival aspect" of this game. It has fully Xbox 360 Support though. The mouse and controller controls are both good and feel good. At all the game feels smooth but it has many holes, it´s like a BMW you like to drive even though the car is old and needs to get repaired. I suggest to buy this game because of it´s fun but only for about 15 bucks. Wait for steam sale or buy it cheap on Amazon. Expand
  31. Sep 19, 2013
    Did i like the old REs? Yes. Do i like them now? No. They were good for their time, when technology didn't allow for a lot more than bad controls, camera, motion capture and terrible voice acting was the norm, but they have aged very badly. Revelations and 6 are the evolution that this franchise needed. No longer does your character move like a tank. No longer does it rely on cheap,Did i like the old REs? Yes. Do i like them now? No. They were good for their time, when technology didn't allow for a lot more than bad controls, camera, motion capture and terrible voice acting was the norm, but they have aged very badly. Revelations and 6 are the evolution that this franchise needed. No longer does your character move like a tank. No longer does it rely on cheap, ineffective horror. It's a full blown action game with great controls, satisfying combat, better writing and voice acting (though it's still nothing special in that area). It's also quite long.. if you don't rush it, it can take you 30 hours to finish all campaigns and then there is still more stuff to do.
    All in all, great fun and the best game in a franchise that really needed to forget its mediocre roots.
  32. Dec 28, 2014
    Another Crapcom effort.

They are writing games for games arcades with a game play style that it is 20 years out of date. If you love Resident Evil, you probably still wont like this. If you saw RE5, just pass this by as the game play is about the same. A lot of press, E, Press this button or that button in line with screen prompts in place of actual game play so they have made the
    Another Crapcom effort.

A lot of press, E, Press this button or that button in line with screen prompts in place of actual game play so they have made the mistake of quite a few other bad games that found their way to console. Did someone tell these devs that console gamers are so lacking in wit that they need to even be told which button to press when instead of actually playing the game?

It has the awful limited field of view that marks a poorly made console port no one bothered to port properly.

It is extremely linear

It lacks an actual game experience behind the "press this key" "press that key". It is a little bit like a 3D version of the very old game Dragons Lair. There is basically no game to play here.

Truly terrible and an example of everything that has created a rift between PC gaming and consoles. indeed it was crap like this which drove many of us to the PC in the first place.

Even mega cheap on steam, this was not worth paying for. Even the act of downloading this game would have been too much investment for the actual game experience provided.
  33. Nov 20, 2013
    is a good game... i have played every single RE game there is, u wont be be disapointed, the gameplay have changed a lot since the first RE game, but is still a fun game...
  34. Oct 12, 2013
    I like the stages and cutscenes but I hate the gameplay. The move is stupid and it's easy to have unnecessary interactions with the objects during battle, which easily leads to death. The camera is sometimes annoying. Some QTEs are irritating. I finished all campaigns once and don't want to play them for the second time. I still give this game a 8/10 just because Biohazard is one of myI like the stages and cutscenes but I hate the gameplay. The move is stupid and it's easy to have unnecessary interactions with the objects during battle, which easily leads to death. The camera is sometimes annoying. Some QTEs are irritating. I finished all campaigns once and don't want to play them for the second time. I still give this game a 8/10 just because Biohazard is one of my favorite game franchises. Expand
  35. Sep 7, 2013
    Residen Evil to seria która przeszła wręcz wszystko. Była serią która rządziła jako świetny survival horror. Była serią która miała swoje wzloty i upadki. Zasłynęła jeszcze bardziej przy bardzo dobrej 4 jak i pogorszyła się przy tracącej klimat 5. Spadła wręcz do zera po wydaniu fatalnego Racoon City i pokazała że coś jeszcze potrafi ukazując Revelations. No i wreszcie nadeszła 6. JużResiden Evil to seria która przeszła wręcz wszystko. Była serią która rządziła jako świetny survival horror. Była serią która miała swoje wzloty i upadki. Zasłynęła jeszcze bardziej przy bardzo dobrej 4 jak i pogorszyła się przy tracącej klimat 5. Spadła wręcz do zera po wydaniu fatalnego Racoon City i pokazała że coś jeszcze potrafi ukazując Revelations. No i wreszcie nadeszła 6. Już przed premierą fani starego RE rzucali obelgami na ten wybryk. Ja jako w pół fan RE muszę przyznać że 6 zaskoczyła mnie. Czemu? Po pierwsze: W porównaniu do 5, jest to o wiele lepszy Resident Evil jak i survival horror. Po drugie: Oceniam głównie kampanię pierwszą. Dziwi mnie to że twórcy wpakowali nam 4 kampanie z czego 1 jest dobra, 1 jest fatalna a pozostałe 2 średnie. Ja skupiam się głównie na pierwszej kampanii. chodź muszę powiedzieć iż gdyby nie było by pozostałych kampanii, wystawił bym większą ocenę. Fabuła. RE pokazywał już wiele ciekawych pomysłów. Brakowało mu jednak tego co zostało pokazane w 6. Wręcz koniec świata. Nareszcie wszyscy dowiedzieli się do czego znany jest "wirus". Nareszcie poczułem że ratuje świat a nie tylko samego siebie. W tym wypadku RE stracił jednak trochę na klimacie, który i tak według mnie odbudowuje się wraz z rozwojem kampanii. Graficznie nie jest to szok, ale da się to wytrzymać. Twórcy ciekawie przedstawili przeciwników(zresztą jak zawsze w serii) do tego modele postaci itp. Zostało zrobione naprawdę dobrze. Twórcy dodali parę dobrych nowych elementów przez co RE przeszedł zmiany(według mnie, potrzebne po tylu częściach), aczkolwiek wielu fanów chyba przez następne parę lat nie zrozumie że RE po prostu potrzebuje zmian. Oczywiście z umiarem, i zrobionych tak aby RE był takim survival horrorem jak chociażby 4.(Przypominam, moja ocena głównie odnosi się do pierwszej kampanii). Moja ocena 8/10 Expand
  36. Oct 12, 2013
    not bad for a game
    but as most of what people have probably said, this isn't a good successor to the resident evil franchise, I LOVED the first 3 and code veronica, this is kinda action oriented, BUT a lot better than RE5
  37. Nov 4, 2013
    I enjoyed this game the story kept me interested right to the end and I ended up playing every campaign. That being said there are some irritating camera angles you have to deal with, and some pointless quick time events, for example pressing a button (does not matter at which time it just needs pressing) does not require a quick time event to do it. That being said I still think this isI enjoyed this game the story kept me interested right to the end and I ended up playing every campaign. That being said there are some irritating camera angles you have to deal with, and some pointless quick time events, for example pressing a button (does not matter at which time it just needs pressing) does not require a quick time event to do it. That being said I still think this is definitely worth playing Expand
  38. Mar 16, 2014
    Great game, I played it only in coop with friend, so idk about SP experience, but coop is too much fun, its awesome, how sometimes, there are different paths for each player. Characters models are very detailed, some textures in levels are not as good, but they are fine. Game has nice variety of enemies, which is pretty cool. All campaigns are different, which is one of the coolest ideas iGreat game, I played it only in coop with friend, so idk about SP experience, but coop is too much fun, its awesome, how sometimes, there are different paths for each player. Characters models are very detailed, some textures in levels are not as good, but they are fine. Game has nice variety of enemies, which is pretty cool. All campaigns are different, which is one of the coolest ideas i seen in games, tho Leons story is most Resident Evilish. Controls are sometimes clunky, but i cant complain, its easy to get used to them. Game story mode has 30 hours of gameplay. IMO its an amazing game, i got it for 6$ and its a steal for such price. Expand
  39. Nov 22, 2013
    This game isn't poopoo! You silly children. Your reviews are poopoo! Play it. Don't smell out click bait reviews and just copy those. This game I admit SHOULD ONLY be played CO-OP Online. Not split screen or solo. The boss battles are sometimes questionable but it wasn't as repetitive as past RE games. (As in shoot in face for 15 seconds, then wait 20 sec then repeat 20 times.) Sure it'sThis game isn't poopoo! You silly children. Your reviews are poopoo! Play it. Don't smell out click bait reviews and just copy those. This game I admit SHOULD ONLY be played CO-OP Online. Not split screen or solo. The boss battles are sometimes questionable but it wasn't as repetitive as past RE games. (As in shoot in face for 15 seconds, then wait 20 sec then repeat 20 times.) Sure it's over the top. But it wasn't as over the top as Wesker just teleporting all over the place, with the only way to possibly beat him is to either A, use a Rocket Launcher; or B, shoot at him constantly for 30 mins. Can not be compared to Resident Evil 4 since the zombiez (T-C-V or whatever virus) virus has gone global not just in a low populated countryside village. And resident Evil 1 was not scarier the only thing scary about that game was graphics, gameplay, voice acting, inventory system, camera angles and the controls. Don't go pulling "oh when that dog jumped through that window, I nearly fell out of my window. (The only reason most people like it is mostly nostalgia.) Gameplay is much improved; doesn't feel like you have played it quite before. UNDERRATED. Expand
  40. Feb 7, 2014
    Dont understand this RE6 whining, i have many friends who play this game and we play 2gether online, its hell of a fun, i dont have anything bad saying bout RE6, good game refreshing to see something new in RE series.
  41. Feb 27, 2014
    If you are a fan of Resident Evil I would definitely say give this a try, it's a good game, it's just nothing at all like the originals. In my opinion the games lost their "evilness" after RE 4, But still a great game, the controls are solid and the story is acceptable.
  42. Oct 15, 2014
    I didn't care for the direction of 4,5,6 but honestly I enjoyed six for the fact they got rid of all the clunky console crutches on the PC. Shooting while moving is honestly a bug plus, smoothe functioning melee a plus.
    Good gfx and sound with a nice cast of voices and characters made this my favorite recent RE. Hope to see more like this but with more actual survival.
  43. Apr 23, 2014
    For people like me who don't care so much about details in graphics or so much about realism and technical stuff,RE6 is a great game,with a very good scenario and a lot of nice action.It is much different than the other REs,but in a quite successful way
  44. Apr 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game and the history of leon median and delayed but the gameplay and good, I liked chris so that the gameplay is not as good as that of Leon jake and the median in all, the story and gameplay and the ada and fantastic, and play with this amazing lady! Expand
  45. Jun 4, 2014
    People keep saying the worst RE, i dont think so... just because it dont keeps the same gameplay? this is the RE story if you dont like it just dont play it anymore and stop complaining :>, very funny to play with friends , co-op or versus, the campaigns are really funny to play on hard mode with friends, and the story is not all that sh.., search more about the game or just play it to thePeople keep saying the worst RE, i dont think so... just because it dont keeps the same gameplay? this is the RE story if you dont like it just dont play it anymore and stop complaining :>, very funny to play with friends , co-op or versus, the campaigns are really funny to play on hard mode with friends, and the story is not all that sh.., search more about the game or just play it to the final before judge it. Expand
  46. Jul 21, 2014
    This game has it all when it comes to true multiplayer experience. CO OP, even on Computer version is a 10 star hit. I've played this game through, and it just keep's getting better. Inter Twined Campaign missions, live's and ongoing troubles at one horrific time period was brilliant. very great game, Best RE since RE4.

10/10, 99META GREAT GAME. You have to be open minded to

10/10, 99META GREAT GAME.

You have to be open minded to give this a real review.
  47. Jan 2, 2015
    This game is just bad; completely unplayable. Camera and controls are horrible. I enjoyed RE4 and RE5 despite being shooters, but RE6 is mediocre.

Stay away from this turd and save your money.
  48. Dec 14, 2014
    I don't know how they let the series slip so far below Resident Evil 5. Here the art, enemies, level design, environments, sound design, and animations are all worse. In order to find items you must use the Genesis scanner which adds a clunky extra step. The situations the game puts you into do not make much sense and don't flow together very well. A lot of times enemies, just keep comingI don't know how they let the series slip so far below Resident Evil 5. Here the art, enemies, level design, environments, sound design, and animations are all worse. In order to find items you must use the Genesis scanner which adds a clunky extra step. The situations the game puts you into do not make much sense and don't flow together very well. A lot of times enemies, just keep coming out of the walls until you kill a certain number. A lot of times you are forced into really stupid situations that don't enhance the game (like Chris breaking his leg). In this game there is not much imagination or artistry. All of the main character models look worse than before. Jill is now very different looking, when in #5 she was perfect. I also think Resident Evil 5s chris looked better. The game is less theatrical and not well imagined. I even think this game is worse than Resident Evil 4 in all areas. I can't quite say why I disliked this, but it just seems like no one working on the project did a job that was excellent. Expand
  49. Apr 3, 2015
    Abysmal piece of **** with no redeeming qualities. **** gamplay which consists of 50% cutscenes and 50% vomit inducing QTEs, **** controls, **** camera, **** inventory, **** skill system, no way to pause the game (which is **** EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS GAME IS **** 0/10 is too **** generous, should be -5/10 as it so bad it makes everything else around it worse. Stay away at all costs!
  50. Sep 22, 2014
    It's an okay console port. No real complaints about that. The graphics are nice, but texture resolution is a bit on the low side and almost every level is really dark, so bump the brightness up if you need to.

Leon's campaign is enjoyable, though it does get monotonous toward the end. The other campaigns aren't worth your time, besides maybe Chris'. RE6 is a mediocre game that

Leon's campaign is enjoyable, though it does get monotonous toward the end.

The other campaigns aren't worth your time, besides maybe Chris'.

RE6 is a mediocre game that doesn't compare very well with its predecessors. A real shame.
  51. Jan 3, 2015
    Literally the worst game I have ever played that I expected to like. I couldn't justify spending time finishing it. Contains every bad design decision ever made packed into one game. The game stands of an example of what not to do when making a game for every possible game-play design decision. It would be a much better use of your time to just watch the game on YouTube if you'reLiterally the worst game I have ever played that I expected to like. I couldn't justify spending time finishing it. Contains every bad design decision ever made packed into one game. The game stands of an example of what not to do when making a game for every possible game-play design decision. It would be a much better use of your time to just watch the game on YouTube if you're desperate to experience this train-wreck.

If you buy this game you will experience:
    Quick Time Events. Thousands of Quick Time Events.
    So much repetition. Sparse checkpoints in areas riddled with instant deaths.
    Forced stealth segments in a non stealth game.
    Enemy invincibility frames for common enemies
    Failure to save in coop on D/C, which will occur regardless of internet quality (I was on LAN).
    Camera grabs during critical game play moments, many times killing you. Movement during critical sequences is often trial and error.
    Coop being unplayable due to said camera grabs focusing on the other character.
    Clunky UI. A combination of mouse and keyboard input is often required even for simple things.
    Inventory management hell, in an otherwise action oriented game.
    Shaky mouse cross-hair with mouse aiming.

This game is more frustrating than fun. If you must play it, do yourself a favor and turn off quick time events. You will find enough other "content" to sate your masochism.
  52. Nov 13, 2014
    The best advice I can give if you are going to play this RE6 is start with the Leon missions. Play the missions in the order they appear, Chris second, and so on. I thought you chose one character and played the whole game with that person and skill set. I chose Ada, and it was incredibly difficult with hardly any ammo. Sheer desperation made me mention how hard it was in a forum, and IThe best advice I can give if you are going to play this RE6 is start with the Leon missions. Play the missions in the order they appear, Chris second, and so on. I thought you chose one character and played the whole game with that person and skill set. I chose Ada, and it was incredibly difficult with hardly any ammo. Sheer desperation made me mention how hard it was in a forum, and I was told start with Leon.

The game is cram packed full of cut-scenes. These can be long or short. The short ones are on average about every two minutes. It constantly pulls control away from the player. It might just be that a the ground rocks, but then you lose control the camera sways, the character wobbles. Then you have to press your control keys again to get it going again. There are parts of the game where it happens less, then there parts when it's non-stop. There are even times when it takes camera angle control from you and expects you to carry on.

Over-all though the controls are bad. It is a constant wrangle to maintain control. When you get to a ledge, you can't just jump up it. You have to wait for it to say 'space', then you can press space and jump up. Nearly everything is controlled in this way throughout. Endless, endless pressing keys.

That brings you onto the quick-time-event. Non-stop weird button mashing that has nothing to do with normal control. It's Ok to an extent, but even the most patient person gets annoyed. You're thinking, "what is that for".

Then onto how difficult it can be. There is one part I recall. 3rd Chris chapter, you have to run across a load of boats and moorings. You have to make it in time. Checkpoints make you repeat it until you get it right. I can not tell you how bad that whole event was. I was screaming. (Not the only time I was screaming in this game either.)

5/10 is generous, but I don't quite think it's a 4/10. It's strong points are that sometimes the combat is great. The sets can be OK, but mostly they are dim lit. The cathedral chapter in the Leon campaign is just epic. If only they had made the whole game like that.

The bosses are just unbelievable annoying. The Leon boss just keeps coming back, and I was sick of the sight of it, and sick of shooting it. Completely stupid method to kill it. I had to search online to find out how. What they have done though is build up the difficulty in each campaign as you get closer to the last. It doesn't feel like built up action. It feels like catastrophic insulting garbage from the developers, and you want blood as compensation. They try to make it a huge experience but falls flat on it's face by kicking you in the teeth non-stop.

Falling over is something that happens a lot with your character. Endless boom, flat on your back. It's noisy a lot. In fact they should have called it - 'Boom, flat on your back'. I honestly don't know if I can finish it. I have given it a good go. RE5 I sold unfinished as well.
  53. Oct 3, 2014
    The problem with this game is, it doesn't feel like a resident evil game. Massive action sequences, dull story, ridiculous enemies.

Resident evil was once king of the survival horror realm; however the only horror you'll find here is in its numerous quick time events and poor excuse for a story, "C-virus cough cough".

Its ultimately tries to be something big but stumbles even bigger.
  54. Dec 16, 2014
    Cons
    - not the best in the series, since it's mostly action oriented, less on the horror side
    - you'll need a controller to enjoy the gameplay experience

Pros
    - it has 4 different campaigns and plenty of content altogether.
    - definitely did worth my 7E on steam
    - graphics are really nice
  55. Jun 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm biased. Resident Evil on PS1 is 1/2 of what started me on gaming in the first place. I loved 1-3, played them through all their secrets. GameCube's RE4 was, I thought, the awesome next step. RE5 didn't feel like RE. I HATED the parasite attached to my character making a solo play impossible because there was no way to kill her off and keep going solo. She also ate resources. Coop play is a fantastic idea but only if it's not required. The landscape also sucked. Chris was also tired. Anyway, onto RE6.

PROS:

THE PARASITE: The co-op critter attached to you can be ignored. It can't die and it doesn't drain your resources. Ignore it and you'll be fine apart from waiting on a few doors to open.

ATMOSPHERE: More of a return to what RE should be, over that RE5 debacle. Each line is different. Leon is kinda standard. Chris is more in tune with RE5 (kill him off already), but limited so it's ok. The Jake line is a newer take that I rather liked, with a different approach to fighting without a gun. Not so much on the puzzles but a step closer to where we need to be.

GAMEPLAY: A little bit of everything. There's a snowmobile chase scene. I didn't think I'd like this, but I did. Defend against a harrowing ambush in a snowy cabin only to escape out the back onto a snowmobile for a refreshing change of pace. Stealth-ish options in the Jake/Sherri sequence. A car chase. With guns. A bit of flying with some shooting. A motorcycle chase, again with guns. All these just feel like a little respite from the shoot and splatter bits, a way to segway into the next bits. The Ada story (played last for storyline sake) is solo and can be somewhat stealthish in parts, though there is co-op available. The way her line was structured is how co-op should be...truly optional.

PERSPECTIVE: They brought back perspective flipping by playing through as different characters. Two flips within 3 storylines...and 3 storylines. Six playthroughs if you like. Weapons exclusive to each character. Motives. Secrets. More of a return from the RE5 crap.

REACTIVE MOBS: Evolving monsters like in RE4. Shoot a mob in the arm, they adapt by growing a super armor arm that they then use to shield themselves almost completely...forcing you to go for an ankleshot unless you have a grenade launcher or some such. Leg shots...similar problems. Head...well, sometimes they sprout a new one. Shotgun blast to the chest....sometimes they blow up into a walking bioexplosive...but you can use these to bomb other mobs. They have snipers too.

INVENTORY: The wheels are nice. Herbs finally get their own special place, with a hotkey for fast eating.

JAKE: Good addition to the traditional eyeroll, Class B horror flick drama of RE.

GODZILLA: Zombie style.

CONS:

BUTTON MASHING: OMFGWHY. WHY? Why do I have to bang on keyboard and mouse with such repetition that my wrist muscles burn and my fingers cramp? There are some escape sequences that require this BS to such a degree that it almost makes me quit and purge the game from my system entirely. (See: Sherri/Jake doors and drill sequence).

CHASE BUTTON MASHING: OMFGWHY kicked up to the tenth power. (See: Chris storyline escape seamonster sequence). This is exacerbated by forced camera flipping which turns your W key from backwards to forwards to sideways in a blink. I played this for 2 hours on fail. Came back again out of stubborness. Got it, but only by rote memorization of key stamps and clicks to the end. Start over to take it another 2 feet, die. Start over again to add yet another 2 feet, die. Rinse/repeat until you know each camera flip and key mash. Like learning Morse Code on the fly and putting it into keyboard/mouse gaming controls. This gameplay fxn needs to be erased. It's tedious instead of challenging. Gamebreaking for many.

HEADSHOTS: Why doesn't a headshot do anything to a typical zombie?

CHRIS: Why isn't he dead yet? From a steroid induced aneurism if nothing else.

DIFFICULTY: Doesn't feel like survival horror, just urban landscape biohorror with guns and much ammunition.
  56. Oct 19, 2014
    What a divisive game. Lets just start with saying, if you dont like QTEs and expect survival horror, you WILL be disappointed. If you like a big Gears of War style action game with tons of epic set pieces and cinematics, and have a friend you can play this with online with voicechat, you will be in for a real treat. Honestly I think this game is a classic in the action genre, and I wouldWhat a divisive game. Lets just start with saying, if you dont like QTEs and expect survival horror, you WILL be disappointed. If you like a big Gears of War style action game with tons of epic set pieces and cinematics, and have a friend you can play this with online with voicechat, you will be in for a real treat. Honestly I think this game is a classic in the action genre, and I would recommend it to anyone. One of the most fun and visually impressive games Ive played in years. Expand
  57. Oct 12, 2014
    I have loved the RE franchise since RE2. I've been a long time fan and was looking forward to playing this game... that is... until I played it. To be fair, the mercenaries mode is still a lot of fun, especially with a (human) partner; but the campaign is largely frustrating and repetitive.

List of Complaints: Some cutscenes occur during a fight and leave you actually getting

List of Complaints:

Some cutscenes occur during a fight and leave you actually getting killed during a scene wherein you cannot control your player.

The random forced camera angles to show you your target destination is a nice touch, but again, it will happen during fight scenes and leave you stranded, unable to keep the enemy in your sights while you're getting shot.

The controls are less intuitive than previous games. While running, the character cannot seem to corner without first running against a wall for several steps. While walking or jogging, the character will often times move in a completely different direction than the direction you are wanting to go for the first several steps.

The computer controlled players hardly ever do what you ask them to do and also let you die quite frequently without helping you. When they do help you, it's with a shot that only gets you back on your feet, there is no way for them to actually heal you. You also can't control what weapon(s) your AI controlled partner uses like in RE5 so they will fight bosses with the weakest weapon possible.

The new in-game menu is way too much for in-flight response.

In all campaigns you will find yourself walking slowly (or swimming) through entire sections of the story, unable to fire weapon, unable to run, it's just filler time, and what seems to be a huge waste of time. It seems that this was done to enhance the "fear factor" of the game. This works fine for the first playthrough but once you have finished a playthrough, these scenes seem arbitrarily long and quite dull, not to mention all too frequent.

The addition of more vehicles would have been a nice touch if the creators could have actually made them more user friendly. However, it seems that the poor controls that plague the characters in this game become exponentially worse with the player controlled vehicles.

Upgrading weapons in this game is far less rewarding for two reasons. 1) even the strongest weapons seem to be somewhat ineffective against even normal enemies, and 2) different campaigns have a lot of different weapons. This was cool at first but if you're a player like me that favors one particular weapon, and then there is an entire campaign in which you cannot use it, this makes for a much less rewarding experience to earn the points to buy the upgrades for your weapon of choice.

RE5 had a few annoying spots during cutscenes where it seemed like you're pushing buttons more than being captivated by the story, but it wasn't terrible. RE6, however, has taken this annoyance to another level and has made it a complete burden. I found that throughout the story (all 4 stories), I was not enjoying the fullness of the story because I was so distracted by pushing buttons that it took away from the richness that should be felt.

Needs to breakup the story line more like RE5 did. Not everyone had 1.5-2 hours per stage to play every day. I made time, but it felt forced, it's not because I wanted to take that long on one level.

Where is the Rocket Launcher for completing the game in under 5 hours? Sure this isn't something that every player enjoys, but when you work hard to get an awesome reward so you can one-hit kill a boss every once in a while, it should feel rewarding. Again, going back to weapon upgrades from earlier, you never quite feel rewarded... at least, not at the level of prior games.

With so much negative, is there any positive? Yes.

The added ability to dodge-roll from enemy attacks is nice.

Some of the new enemies being more difficult is also fun (within reason).

Although some critics complained that the story was too large having 4 campaigns, I felt like it was finally a game returning to the old days when it took longer to beat a good game. Had this game been everything I had hoped it would be, the length to complete it would have been welcomed.

Mercenaries (almost) makes up for the disappointment of the campaign, almost.
  58. Oct 25, 2014
    I could never have played this damn game if I didn't have a friend, my god it's horrendous. Enemies are extremely unfun to fight in every campaign and it only gets worse the further along in whatever story you are playing, the "LOL WE WERENT REALLY DEAD xD" trick the bosses do ad naseum is stupid to the point it's hilarious. I can't believe people keep saying that Leon's campaign is theI could never have played this damn game if I didn't have a friend, my god it's horrendous. Enemies are extremely unfun to fight in every campaign and it only gets worse the further along in whatever story you are playing, the "LOL WE WERENT REALLY DEAD xD" trick the bosses do ad naseum is stupid to the point it's hilarious. I can't believe people keep saying that Leon's campaign is the better one. What the hell? It's just as actiony and crap as the rest of it, except made worse by Leon's absolutely brutally unfunny dialogue and boring partner. At least Shelly x Jake had some fun little chemistry to them, and had some tense moments with the nemesis knockoff.

Anyways, really can't recommend you buy this unless you have a friend with a good sense of humor. You can have fun with this game if you have 0 expectations and laugh at everything it tries to do.
  59. Mar 31, 2015
    I picked this game up for $1 through the weird Steam glitch that happened with the NZ currency changeover, and it's worth every cent. The game itself is HUGE... I mean over 30 hours long, even 60 hours if you decided to play as the second character in each campaign. All four campaigns have their unique play styles: Leon's is relatively like a 'traditional' RE game, while Chris' is moreI picked this game up for $1 through the weird Steam glitch that happened with the NZ currency changeover, and it's worth every cent. The game itself is HUGE... I mean over 30 hours long, even 60 hours if you decided to play as the second character in each campaign. All four campaigns have their unique play styles: Leon's is relatively like a 'traditional' RE game, while Chris' is more like a proper third person shooter with lots of gun toting enemies.

This game also features co op, and let me say it is amazing! You can play 3 out of the 4 campaigns cooperatively, with the exception of the smallest campaign as it follows a single characters and I suspect the developers didn't want to add a random faceless grunt in place of an actual character to stick co-op on this campaign.

Overall, co-op with mates is extremely fun, and the controls feel very fluid, unlike the other RE's where you character does quite often feel like a tank. Graphically, the game looks very nice, even on low settings and the game is very dark and atmospheric. The set pieces and boss battles are nicely made with the exception of a few, and overall I only got bored a few times in the entire 30 hour campaign.

To conclude, I would highly recommend getting Resident Evil 6, although perhaps not at its full price as there are other games of the genre that are better. If you and a friend are going to get it, I probably wouldn't pay more than $40-50.
  60. May 24, 2015
    The game has a great OST, and a great history. is a great game, but there is no horror. In this game we have 4 campaign with totally different histories who let you play co op with your friends, great characters and and many other game modes. I totally recommend, but do not expect scares or horror.
  61. Jul 7, 2015
    I'll keep my self short.

-Lots of confusing and useless quicktime events (seriously, a QTE to help Elena on her feet???) -Bad aiming, with pointer completely off, ALWAYS -Bad controls, half of the keyboard is wasted for dodging -The Action button and the run button are the same button, enjoy climbing stairs up and down over and over because you want to run but instead he climbs back
    I'll keep my self short.

-Bad aiming, with pointer completely off, ALWAYS
    -Bad controls, half of the keyboard is wasted for dodging
    -The Action button and the run button are the same button, enjoy climbing stairs up and down over and over because you want to run but instead he climbs back up/down.
    -Ammo/Healingwares drop/position is unbalanced crap. Sometimes you'll be loaded with ammo with your buddy having none, sometimes you will be completely out in front of a really strong enemy.
    -bossfights are all repetitive with the boss coming back over and over even if you blew him up to the sky 100 times.
    -The skill system is lacking and absolutely NOT rewarding, costs a lot for barely useful skills.
    -There's no weapon upgrade (HUGE LETDOWN)
    -The "secrets" are few and dull.
    -There are an awful lot of "running" stages where your life will depend exclusively on how the AI will behave.
    -Zombies who can barely walk and say *bwgrbhgbh* will be able to fly military choppers like veterans.
    -You'll have your gun ready to fire a bullet straight in Ada's head blowing her damn brain everywhere but *SPOILER* you won't.
    -The invasion mechanic is broken, because it alters the amount of enemies and the player controlled ones aren't just more dangerous but will respawn indefinitely and if you die they'll restart the mission with you like a living nightmare. So if you want to play this piece of **** game, be sure to turn that off.
    -The ending is pointless.
    -the team actions are plain dumb, they're not bad or anything they just look so stupid. You'll often have to lean against a door with your buddy to proceed just to get teleported 10 ft away with a cutscene of a totally random guy opening the door for you will play.
    -The enemy placement is very bad, sometimes there will be enemies shooting you from behind walls or grating that you won't be able to spot.

Overall, the worst resident evil by far. Clunky, very annoying, stupid on so many levels and just uninspired, with trivial plot twists and average cutscenes/acting.

Don't buy unless you won't to get your testicles torn asunder.

1. Feb 4, 2014
    Perhaps it's still too experimental and difficult than the sixth entry in a series ought to be, but despite everything, RE6 offers top-tier cinematic action and series-high storytelling. For fans who've yet to try it, the PC version is the right choice.
    If we forget the roots of the franchise, we have ourselves a pretty awesome and addictive 3rd person shooter. [May 2013]
  3. May 21, 2013
    An apocalyptic disappointment that never rises above mediocrity, but often sinks into tedium. [July 2013, p.72]