5.7

1. Mar 24, 2013
    I'll be synthetic. The game is filled to the brim with entirely gratuitous scripted actions. I hate those. Many scenarios are likewise gratuitously slow. I hate that. Zombies' reactions to attacks reek of brawler games. Tekken wasn't as clumsy though.
    The interface reeks of console design. It's insulting on PC.
    A lightly dressed guy in the opening scenario apparently holds a dozen
    different guns on him, with negligible amounts of ammo for each. Immersion: zero.

It's amazing how a game which starts so similarly to say, RE3, fails to convey any basic feature which made such an old game fun. You can't feel alone (you're not), you can't feel lost (press the Q key), you can't feel in danger ("Continue?" As if it were Tekken), you don't feel scared. I'll never even try a RE game again after this.
  2. Mar 27, 2013
    I played enough of this game to recommend it to you. There's everything to love and nothing to hate. If we consider the last trilogy, Resident Evil from 4 to 6 this is easily the best of them all, the culmination of the action Capcom offers. You can do all sort of new moves which are awesome, you can slide, dodge, land on your back and shoot from the ground (which can be done when enemies drop you too), you can fight in melee with combos or switching to a melee weapon. I really like the fluidity of the game and it's even more fun with a friend. The coop of this game is great, you are not helpless per sé, you can counter enemies' grapples, you can even "stand up" for yourself if you survive long enough in a down state, but, of course, it's a lot easier if there's a team mate helping you out but that may not be always possible due to tactics gone wrong or levels where you have to stay apart for some time.
    There is much to explore, some campaigns have more exploration than others, graphics are really good for my standards (which may be low since I don't really care) and it goes at 60 fps even if the benchmark told me it would go at 20-30. The campaigns are a great idea, different enemies, different characters, different playstyles and it's a hard game too! I play at Professional difficulty, invested 23 hours in the game right now and I'm something as halfway through (I'm doing chapter 3 with Chris now after doing 3 chapters with Jake and Leon). I really can't find anything wrong with this game, it gives me the challenge I seek, the adrenaline, the fear (the fear of dying but there are some jumps too), the gameplay is perfect as I see it, this was much more than I anticipated, I'll definitely play this multiple times. I'm giving it a 10 because as I said before, I can't find much wrong with it and I didn't have such fun with an action game for a while.
  3. Mar 22, 2013
    Well first of all I will rate this game regardless of what was in their deliveries of yore like action game is a delight from head to toe entertaining from beginning to end in every way, with 4 campaigns and mythical characters that we all know. leon campaign is perfect, it is the closest to the action and horror survivar moderate, chris is pure action but have certain times of retention and so in other campaigns, I've only played 4 hours testing each campaign but is sufficient to realize how the overall game. the perfect narrative is a story quite interesting, the gameplay has some flaws as a bit robotic animation but not serious fits perfectly what I'm playing with mouse and keyboard and am very pleased with the good work of Capcom with the PC port and did well to leave that crap games for windows live as the graphics are almost like those of consoles with some improvements like the softness of the shadows and some highlights filters foremost conclusion for those who have not yet decided to buy the game, try it yourselves see videos on youtube enough to draw their own conclusions from the game itself does not value it for you because someone else says, because everyone has a different view but in my humble analysis so far I've played enough games is recommended for those who likes action survivar combined with horror that not all the time but if you have it and appreciate the game regardless of what was in their deliveries old Expand
  4. Mar 22, 2013
    Explosions, Quick Time Events, horrible AI. I grieve for the gaming industry, they only try to impress using visual effects and just forget everything that made old video-games really fun. They try to compensate the lack of depth and atmosphere using cutscenes all the time. It just doesn't work for me, it is not a video game anymore just a generic hollywood movie like the Resident Evil movie franchise, a total failure. Expand
  5. Mar 23, 2013
    Gameplay is really fun, but very frustrating at times. You will die A LOT. The camera angles are simply awful at times, and aiming is super cumbersome, even though you're using a mouse. If an enemy is close to you, you're better off unloading a whole magazine then trying to aim for the head, because 9/10 times you will just completely miss even though the crosshair is right on the head. Graphics are pretty mediocre, as can be expected from DX9 technology, but the game runs rather poorly on my AMD 1090t and 4gb 2000mhz ram and a 6970 2gb GPU. It bogs down and stutters randomly. Oh and there's plenty of screen tearing too if you disable vsync, which with it enabled, induces input lag. Not a bad game. I just hope they start patching the bugs soon. Expand
  6. Mar 22, 2013
    Back in PSX era Resident Evil was one of my favorite series, and i even like it as an action shooter (i would prefer a horror shooter thu), however there is a lot to love and hate about RE6.At a good side It's amazing coop 4 lengthy campaigns,PC port is fine (way better then for example RE4) and it's sold at lower price.I don't have any problems with mouse+keyboard controls or with aiming.You can buy upgrades at main menu or after each chapter witch gives some feeling of character progression.The story is stupid fun like always in this series,but if you treat it too serious then it's gonna be terrible.Few things i don't like about RE6 are camera (not a view point but too often it's jumps around),too many QTE and especially graphic in brighter areas.I miss old Resident Evil horror style,but frankly i would miss this coop action as well. Expand
  7. Mar 26, 2013
    Sure this isn't Resident Evil anymore, however as much as i dislike some of the changes this franchise had, i still enjoy it a lot and i think this is a big improvement over Resident Evil 5.
    Having played the console version before, i can easily assume that the PC version is easily the best looking version and its perfectly ported. There are things that could have been improved, but
    still.

I've had a bit of problem getting familiar with the cameras and the gameplay but after a while you'll get along with it.
    The storyline is quite good and i like how you play it with 4 different characters from different points of views.
    The MP is also great, a lot of gamemodes but Mercenaries is so much fun.
    Also the game has Split-Screen in coop and the other game modes to play with your friends.

I gotta say i'm an old school Resident Evil fan, but i liked this game so far, regardless of how much it has changed.
  8. Mar 23, 2013
    I loved Resident Evil 5, and in a way this game is inferior to that in so many ways. Let me start off by talking about the hideous amounts of bugs, crashes, and just bad programming. For a game that took tons of time to port over to PC, you'd think Capcom could have nailed it. Did they care? It looks like they didn't. From the constant frame rate drops, to AMD video card crashes, to the fact you can't mute the voice chat in co-op games (there is a function but it doesn't work), and there is no push to talk button.

The game itself is not a linear game, and in this case I use that term in a bad way. The characters have 5-6 campaign chapters, and really only of them provides any sense of terror. The others seem to be explosion after explosion. What I liked about Resident Evil 5, was there was a storyline, and a mystery. I don't get that with this game at all. Overall, bad programming, a bad port of a generally flawed game. Very disappointed!
  9. Mar 24, 2013
    Poor console port, crappy control, and the game performance is not optimized for PC. Frequent cut scenes just break the atmosphere, and there are creatures that use modern weapons, and fire at you, how come the game has such wonderful creative idea! Further, the frequency of QTE increases drastically compared to resident evil 4 and 5, it seems the game developer never listen to fans' complaints in the past. Absolutely zero! Expand
  10. Mar 23, 2013
    It doesn't have nice graphics, everything is so dark, it's not a fun shooter, it's not a horror game, it doesn't really feel like a survivor game either, and playing it feels like work. As a matter of fact, I'd rather go pull an eight hour shift right now than to spend another half hour playing this game. Entertainment value is less than zero. Save yourself $40 and pull a double at your workplace instead. It will be much more enjoyable. Expand
  11. Mar 23, 2013
    Now pro tip before I begin: Before you play the game, go to camera mode in settings and there will be 3 different camera options. Starting from the default camera field of view, set the numbers in this order 15 0 0 Or 10 10 Whatever. This will help improve the game's camera angle. And also here's the skills you have to purchase to help beat the game, but it's up to you cause this is how I play it: Melee, Firearm and Increase item drop. Max up those two and you will be the ultimate badass. If you play offline or with an ai partner, it's important to buy the first aid skill, where your partner will always heal you after you are in last stand mode. Again, leveling that thing up will increase the chances of survival.

Lastly each characters are separated into different timelines, so Leon's first campaign will take place 6 months after Jake's campaign and so on, so I'll give out the recommended chapters for you guys so the story will connect well: Start with Chris's chapter 1 till 2, then Jump to Jake's chapter 1 till 2. Afterwards it's up to you if you want to start Leon's chapter first or continue either with Chris or Jake. Not Ada's campaign though, that one's after the other 3 is completed. Now onto the game.

Suffice to say i see people just mocking the game by giving it a low score, but that's an utterly unfair and completely biased review of the game as it offers so much. I mean sure if you'll hate it if you love RE so much that you want it to return to horror form, but there's already RE Revelations released in the same year 8 months before it to compensate for the lack of horror, and there's it's going to be released in May 2013 in consoles. So why not just treat RE6 as it's own game instead of what you want it to be? Don't be biased and don't be a dick about it, especially the spammers who gives the game a 0 and 1.

I don't get the other reviewers who just put 1 score for the entire game. There's 4 campaigns in total and each are different in style with a total of 25 to 30 hours to complete once. This is a great deal of a game where every campaign is like it's own game. So I will review the game accordingly with each campaign and I will include the average length of the game with a description of how it plays out, and also the qte in the game so you people can watch out during each.

Leon: 8-10 hours and it feels a lot like RE2. QTEs in chapter 1, 3-5 but it's just easy button press of spacebar or a if you're using the xbox controller. The fourth mission has one that's super quick after a very scary "run as fast as you can" scenario with one of the most disgusting monsters in RE, so watch out. Overall Leon's campaign is 90.

Chris: 5-6 hours and it feels like either Gears of War or RE5 with a badass twist in the end. Though it is generic, if you play RE5 you will feel right at home. Surprisingly there's no QTE in this campaign but it's replaced with slow motion shootouts, except if you count the hanging from a ledge minigame in the first mission as QTE but that's it. Overall it's 75.

Jake: 5-6 hours and it feels like Uncharted RE3 with that Ustanak. The final boss is so awesome I pump my fist to the air and clap because it's so satisfying. Beware though, there's a super quick QTE in chapter 1 in the end, qte's in chapter 2 and 5. Chapter 3 is one of my favorite part of the whole game because it's straight up beat em up with a bunch of enemies in the first minute of the mission. Overall it's 85.

Ada: 3-4 hours. This campaign is normally unlocked after you finish the game with the 3 other characters, but now it's unlocked immediately. I recommend playing this campaign the last. This campaign is like her campaign in RE4 in that it intersects with the other characters...... except this time if you play during a campaign where you intersect with someone else, for example Jake or Leon, you'll be able to jump into a human player and help them. It's awesome. Unfortunately there's one annoying QTE section in Chapter 3 where you have to do 4 QTE's at once or else you will die. Overall it's 80.

There you go, my review of the game. It's an awesome game to be had and a great deal, considering you get 30 hours the other extra modes like mercenaries and agent hunt mode where you play as the enemy to kill other human players in the game.
  12. Mar 22, 2013
    RE6 has very cinematic atmosphere, good graphics for a console title, and very nice gore effects when shooting zombies. that sums up the positives.
    Quicktime events and always changing keys for them will frustrate you to no end. You will die a lot because it will not be clear what button to press in time. Maybe this can be levied with using an X360 controller.
    The aiming is utter and
    complete BS. You will either take literally up to 10 seconds to line up one headshot or misfire when you spray before your aim is aligned, your choice. There are better ways to make shooters harder. Messing up your aim by giving you a handicap that a bottle of wine straight up would give you is not a good way to make a shooter more challenging... overall very bad gameplay mechanics and design.
    I'm still oughta check the aim issue with a x360 controller, but, ya know, KB+mouse is supposed to be... yeah... DEAD accurate as opposed to washy analog controls... game designers orz
  13. Mar 26, 2013
    Good video game. Though it needs lots of patches to improve its graphics and game play. Better than the previous Resident evil. well, I'm not sure.
  14. Mar 24, 2013
    Sadly, a huge disappointment. Huge RE fan here, but this is just intolerable. Porting job to PC is pretty decent, but the fundamental gameplay is just not fun. I suffered through half of Leon's dumb but kinda-ok gameplay-wise campaign and through two chapters of the 3rd person Call of Duty mod that is Chris's campaign and then just gave up. Writing and plot are just missing, even RE5 made more sense. Characters and dialogue are bland and annoying as hell too. Gameplay, especially with Chris, is absolutely terrible. Leon is kinda ok, only the levels are mostly boring. No weapon upgrades, costumes in the retail game, mostly horrible gameplay. Sorry, Capcom, but just... no. Expand
  15. Mar 23, 2013
    First I have to say that lately we seem to be waiting for a game to come out just say how bad it is. Whether you be a Skyrim with over 15 million copies sold. As a Dead Space 3. It's all ****

And I would like people to think that there are people, and not the companies but the designers, engineers, etc. Passed between three and four years developing a game for your squeeze two buttons
    on the couch in your home. And at least deserve respect. There are also games that are pure crap. But throughout all this evil that seems excessive this witch hunt. Because the only thing we get is that eventually companies start to think that is not worth more games out. And it is very sad that after getting so much ended.

A bit of judgment and personality please.
    Before you judge, try to investigate and get informed and not be guided by the criterion of a comment in a forum.

I played all the RE from PS1 to RE6. And people say that because there is nothing RE 1 is that they have criteria with pixelated graphics, to minecraft, dokier errors and system approach shots that were shooting at the head and the bullet was gonna take the ass.
    To say nothing of the RE.Code Veronica with the "novelty of the puzzle" in a time where every game with puzzles ranging (Tom Raider, Soul Reaver ...).

And this game even though people say it's bad offers a lot of versatility to the game system of each. Want survival? Want to go kill hordes LFD2 type? You have 5 campaigns, extras, unlockable secrets, weapon upgrades, online co-op mode and split screen, stunning graphics, amount of weaponry. The AI ​​of the game will give you more of a headache. And above a script that will keep you on edge from the start, both veterans and rookies.

But let's see now may be a Survival as a Left, a DE3, that if you get infinite bullets and god mode, with easy difficulty that half to 3 loads you fart. You may strive Capcom ...

But it seems that if you do not have the system of Call of Dutty everything is ****
    As for my opinion about this saga died when he lost the essence of 3 apartir becoming a Deathmatch without rhyme or reason. But that's another story.

The RE6 has innovated a lot compared to other editions.
    Have improved targeting system and added coverage.
    You can shoot while walking, which in previous games could not. Both the keyboard-mouse game as the game controller (and play with a Logitech RP2) is very elaborate and is silky smooth.
    The companion AI is consistent and reacts 90% on time and as you play.
    They have added many improvements to the character, from improving targeted to less damage, more items etc
    There are still very many extras on maps, porcierto, immense, for those who like to explore.
    Enemies with good AI, flank, cover, looking holes where the group break defense etc
    And so much more but I will not describe here the whole game. Whoever you play it more, and see who brings the same impressions that I have played if previous editions.

People think that just looks at the graphics, and I say that RE6 not have good graphics, because it does, and more than one PC touch him run (also quite sure) the minimum to play, but, what I use that to my character is ass see smoke when pulling a fart, or oscillation of the hair (hair hair) while walking, or drawing of the fingerprints on the hands, if after 2 days I have the game on the shelf?
    Guion and less graphic. Because games as renowned as Dishonored, Hitman, Dead Space 3, DMCry etc. In 3 days and 3-4 hours playing I finish them. Why? Because of the installation 15GB 10GB are for graphics and so on to the content ..
    So in essence asking for more games and less hollywood. Because companies do what people ask for, and to see HD content, I go to the movies, or I see one in my Blueray DVD with a 60 "screen.

CONCLUSION:

But all are unique and resident evil with its essence, not by enemies but by the characters in the series, Leo, Chris, Helen, Sherry etc. These are characters that have a history, if you've played previous games, like home already, and have his personality and his half soul.

Resident Evil is not always true that good games out, I think the worst and all agree, the Racoon City, which took him out for people to take off his overalls while diseñavan Resident 6, but it is better to have finger in the ass before sending him to sell but did not remember such Tomb Raider Anniversary? Painkiller, postcard or Call of Duty: Black Ops II

RE6 has had a very good reception, but people are hurt by the incident in Racoon. And that Capcom knows. And you see, it shows that it has played all the cards in this game. To save the franchise.
    But as I say, if you spend the game on easy mode with infinite bullets and put god mode and by mod or cheat No essence of the game that can bring these characters. Why make this game a walk between aisles.
  16. Mar 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm playing this trough with a good friend of mine so this might shifted the review a bit more upwards. Then again I have no idea how does it feel to play it alone it was obviously made for co-op. It has a certain atmosphere I think (certain campaigns a lot more horrorish at least at start), but generally it's an action game with Michael Bay explosions everywhere. The plotline is enjoyable the multi layered interliked campaigns are all a plus. However sometimes the story is just plain STUPID. As a little spoiler: I don't know how on EARTH can a guy who survived SEVERAL zombie apocalypse already can think of getting into an elevator with TWO obviously infected person is a good idea. Even at the end he doesn't put a bullet into the head like he should. These and small stupid obvious plot holes try to ruin the fun a bit time to time. Another mixed thing is the graphics. Some thing looks absolutely stunning (like the main character's texture, the lighting and the shadows sometimes), while others look downright HORRENDOUS (pixelated objects mainly). I personally don't have issues with the QTEs. They are better than in RE5 anyway. On a completely personal note I kinda miss Sheva. Heck maybe Jill too. Anyway since it still has a plethora of recurring characters it's not that bad. All in all for some weird reason it is a very entertaining game if you have someone to play with. Also it isn't overpriced at all so I kind of hope they will keep making more in the future. Just maybe try to tune up the weak points a bit... Expand
  17. Apr 1, 2013
    Time for a new review. I will preface this by saying firstly that I never liked the RE series. As with 99% of video games, the idea is a pale rip-off of a book or movie infected with the most ridiculous plot twits and lame attempts at sap-filled dialogue. HOWEVER, on top of that, the horrible controls/gameplay of the first 3 RE games were as frustrating as trying to move a retarded American WW2 tank (which sucked compared to the Germans) in tight corridors where you never knew where exactly you would ignite a collision box.

ANYWAYS, then came along re4, with again God-awful plot and bad guys but a great atmosphere (at least the first half) and great gameplay/surprise moments. Since then I have followed the series. RE5 was a disaster of laughable proportions. But I chipped in and bought RE6.

RE6 is a movie where you ride in. Regardless of what you do, the game is the same, it is linear, and lots of quick time events. BUT, if you know this going INTO the game, then you know not to be disappointed!!! It is a fun movie that finds all new ways to jump the shark (or nuke the fridge) with over the top ways to try to kill you or blow things up and so on. This game is again a new departure for the series, and as is often the case- horror game series only stay horror games if they were finite and short. Once everyone becomes familiar with the game, the fan base becomes broader, it is very hard for the company to feel compelled to shrink the game and return to its horror 'roots.' Although I would be hard pressed to ever call the first few RE games horror, since they were campy as hell and stupid-predictable.

They seem to have ripped many ideas from other genres, and game titles such as l4d- in fact I would think that is the direction they want to go into from here on. I would not be surprised if they had more crossovers in future titles after the l4d2 crossover coming out soon (capcom versus steam anyone?). But all these parodies and rip-offs work, and the good guys are good and the bad guys are really bad and they take different styles of RE gameplay and separate them in the different missions- Leons is more horror, Jake is more combat survival, and so on.

Finally, the side games- agent hunt is silly as monster control is very very awkward and dare I say a little frustrating. COOP!!!! Super kudos to the game for allowing LOCAL COOP!!!! A tremendous boon, making the PC once again feel more dominant than the consoles for the graphics, HDMI cable or wireless support to my big screen tv and keyboard controller support. Not to mention the fact that all the added content got unlocked since we all pre-ordered the dam thing :D :D...

All in all, I support this game, it is a fun movie ride, takes a long time to finish, and since I do not sit here for hours playing games at a time, this game will last me a long time before I get bored.
  18. Mar 23, 2013
    Its a Very Visual Game sure it May not have all the Aspects we wanted from this game and capcom is Gonna make mistakes Yes i know its Re they made a lot of improvements from re5 and in my option i like that a lot and all the past characters return its not just focused on one person and they kept the co-op feature and that you can be a Zombie on another players game that's awesome that means i can Troll the heck out of my Brother :P that's gonna be fun but of course who wouldn't troll there bro even through they ruined the horror aspect to this re but comparing it to Cod just wow and some People complain about horrible ai the ironic part is the ai is a lot better then the last who kept getting stuck on walls and edges and hoards all the ammo im looking at you re5! and quick time events Please they make the game fun and make you more alert and the multi is fun i mean im a hunter the bane of re1 :D paybacks a beep hehe but Please give the game a chance i have and i enjoy every bit of it and im waiting to see what will Capcom think of Next Expand
  19. Mar 28, 2013
    Resident evil isn't a bad game. It does many things fairly well, the zombies look and act like zombies. The lighting and atmosphere are dark and oppressive. Then come the "escort quests", in the prologue and first chapter alone there are 2 escort quests. But I could have dealt with that. The graphics aren't to bad, though I was saddened at the lack of effort on certain textures (i'm looking at you papers that are omnipresent and grainy). But I could have dealt with that to. The camera controls just somehow don't feel right giving the character a feeling of being perpetually dizzy when aiming. But that again I could have dealt with. The default keyboard and mouse control scheme is horrific (Z S D X for movement? really?) but that can be rebound without to much of a hassle. The clincher for me is the quick time events. They are legion, without fail every time that I was grappled by a zombie (which was often since i'm not particularly good at RE games) there were 1-2 (yes 2) quick time events(QTE) to get the zombie off and that I can not deal with. I appreciate the cinematic qualities of a QTE and they have their place in games, such as the end of a major boss fight, but not every single flipping time a zombie gets close. For me that just comes across as busywork and a lack of creativity on the part of the developers. I would rather play a game where if I so much as get touched by a zombie I die than have QTE's constantly bombarding me.

The sound the sound quality is pretty nice as are some of the atmospheric animations (like the character wincing at a surprise lighting crack outside). Sadly however the game is nigh unplayable for me due to the depth of my hatred of the terrible practice that is QTE's they ruin any possibility of fun for me they occur with such regularity.

If QTE's and a slightly wonky control scheme don't bug you you'll probably have a really good time with the game the atmosphere is by far the best in the business. If however either of those things is a deal-breaker for you then save your money and pick up Left for Dead 2 if you don't already have it.
  20. Mar 24, 2013
    To-Long-Didn't-Read: Resident 6 PC May have problems, but It is a varied and enjoyable experience for fans of the action-oriented takes of RE4 and RE5. For the most enjoyable experience, play on veteran or professional.

I don't really understand why this game gets sh** on so much. I've been a fan of the Resident evil series since its inception, and have had to grit my teeth along with
    the rest of the fans through the movies and games like Raccoon City. Resident evil 6 may be flawed, but the PC version is a true successor to RE5, let me explain. Many people's main complaints about RE6 are the bad AI, the muddy graphics, or that it is a poor console port Anyone who has played RE5 will recently will recall just how bad the AI was in that game. Playing on single player would mean that you would have to call Sheva 5 or 6 times to get her to help you open doors or do objectives, she would constant get knocked down or held in place, and he would knock you down with her attack reaction. The zombie AI in 5 also was terrible, where J'avo would climb up things and then immediate jump off in order to attack you, or they would get stuck inside each other because they wouldn't understand where to go. In RE6, I feel like I never have to worry about my AI partner, and the enemy AI always keeps me on my toes(on Professional difficulty) with their new running leaps and ground grabs, and large numbers of regular zombie actually feel threatening. Though the graphics/ textures may be muddy at times even on the highest settings, the shaders and effects are great. and the underwater effects in Ada's campaign may be some of the best I've ever seen in a video game. That being said, there's not much of a graphical change from consoles to the PC version. Whats also important to realize though, is that Capcom has tried very hard to rectify their mistakes from the console versions, and has added tons of new options that will help tweak the game play to your preferences.

The story is in a similar vain to the RE5 story, where it's mostly action, lost of Quick-time, and some exploration. This time around, there are 4 campaigns, and though they may be shorter than RE5's full campaign, they keep the action varied and prevent it from becoming stale. Unfortunately, the action-oriented nature of the campaign seems to confuse some players, as if they forgot how much action/Quick-time that RE5 brought to the table.

The difficulty this time around has really increased. I vividly remember RE5's Professional difficulty being somewhat of a pushover, with zombie's movements and attacks being perfectly telegraphed and predictable. This time, Professional mode really increases the survival horror feel, as being grabbed or missing a dodge can spell death for your character. As mentioned before, zombies have new attacks like running jumps and crawling grabs, and the special zombies can ruin your day quite easily.

All and all, the game is the next evolution of the RE series, which in my opinion is a great installment (we should be thankful they didn't continue to go the Raccoon City route). The new crossover instances and Agent attack modes can be fun, and are great ideas that I hope they continue with in the next installment.
  21. Mar 23, 2013
    I honestly cannot comprehend all the bad talk this game has received. This is an awesome game. It's very good at what it does and should be rewarded for that. It looks nice, it doesn't have any technical issues at all, and it offers tons of great moments. Some of the design issues are questionable but not major enough to cry over them. Gameplay is very immersive. Buy "Biohazard" 6 (I usually prefer the Japanese name since it reflects better what this game series is about than the american name "Resident Evil").

Yes, it's not an survival horror in a classical sense, and yes, it has some weird issues like for example the fact that you have to conserve ammo, but relying only to melee attacks isn't really a good strategy. Melee attacks are kind of difficult to execute even on a normal difficulty level. You see some zombies down you or kill you instantly in a close combat, even on a normal difficulty and getting healed by a partner isn't always possible. And while it doesn't frustrate me, I could see my console gaming buddies getting extremely irritated by the melee fighting.

Talking about conserving ammo, this game finally finds a nice usage for the fire grenades. In previous games you got lots of ammo, and there really just wasn't hordes of enemies where you'd find usage for napalm. But this game fixes that.

The Windows port of the is well executed and it doesn't have any major technical issues. However the menu structure in the game is bit confusing but not to a point it starts to irritate me.

Just to repeat, THIS GAME DOES NOT SUFFER FROM TECHNICAL ISSUES WHAT SO EVER! The problem the other people have is their ATi/AMD graphics card which have always been very picky about the games they run nicely on. Especially if they haven't updated their ATi/AMD graphics drivers in months! If people would Google, you'd know that every single time a major title comes out, it will not run on an ATi/AMD graphics card without issues, or like in some cases, won't run at all. Go buy nVidia, or Intel, or anything else, and all the games will run just fine. It's not a fault of the game. ATi/AMD have hardware bugs in their graphic cards. They are cheap junk. Stop whining how games like this crash or don't work properly on a ATi/AMD graphics cards. This irritates me to to no end.

Story is much much much closer to Resident Evil 2 & 3 than any other game in this series after them. People about the story don't understand what this game is about, that's for sure. Yeah, it takes cues from some famous zombie movies but I kind of expect to see George A. Romero references in a zombie game. Dialogue is on part with other games in this series so I don't want to bash the funny lines the mysterious characters speak while trying to be mysterious. Voice acting is allright. Visual art is nice and I kind of like the monster design which takes cues from other zombie games and movies.

This game has tons and tons of replay value, and considering it only costs 30€ it has to be one of the best games of the last year. Co-op with your friends is solely worth your money. And unlike certain other games, this has actually the length of a good game with single-player completition taking around 30-32 hours. Which is a great value. The game offers rich enough gameplay, you won't get bored during those hours.

I kind of would have wanted ability to have a shared inventory with your partner like in the previous title, but this way where both have their own stuff is in my opinion better since you can just jump from game to game with unknown people and you're able to play without having to get into the hassle that some jackass won't share any of the ammo with you, or kick you out of the game when you want just few bullets for you gun.

The design is mostly a just a matter of taste, but when it does something to harm the flow of the gameplay, it is a major screw up. And in Biohazard 6 there's one such thing. The four campaigns are split in four chapters. One such chapter usually on a normal gameplay style takes about two hours to complete. Those chapters are divided into sub-chapters which there are usually from 6 to 8 with each sub-chapter taking 15 minutes to complete.

And here's the thing, you cannot save your game just at any point you'd like to save it. And the game just randomly seems to choose that save point being every 2nd or 3rd, I've once encountered even 4th sub-chapter change. And while game does checkpoints constantly, you might play the game for 45 minutes, without encountering a single actual save game point (which is indicated on a screen as a typewriter). And thus if you just leave the game, you'll lose the progress you've done in a sub-chapter no matter how much there is to it. And there's nothing you can do about it.

If Biohazard 7 will get into the production and published, I want it to be something like this. I definitely do what it to be something like this. But with free saving, or checkpoint saves. Thanks for reading!
  22. Mar 27, 2013
    Wtf guys? are you serious? The game is just great! As for AMD problems i got to tell you that I run the game on AMD video card and it runs perfectly! Not a single crash! (@sagaopc check your GPU m8)
    The game is really good and I love it. The Campaign in the game is very good and I had a great time playing all of them. The Multiplayer is pretty good but it need a push-to-talk button (that
    why its 9/10 for me).
    For all of you that want a horror game then don't ask for a new game set in future... ask for a game set in the past! Its not like RE when they didn't know what was going on or the virus was in early stages, the BOW are evolved and there is a WAR, an all-out BOW attack for cut the crap about the horror element.
    I got to tell you that I loved it too and I miss it but the game and the story has evolved... the virus has evolved... its not that scary but dangerous.
    The game is totally worth buying (at least on PC as its the only version of RE6 I have played)
  23. Mar 27, 2013
    Not funny, not scary, not a good shooter game (aim is terrible), what i miss more from the old resident evil? the fact that you had to explore a manor, a city or an old castle this is just a straight road whit no enigma on it. No on e else miss the room with trap? or the key needed to open secret room in the police station?... this R.E. is just not a R.E. at all
  24. Mar 29, 2013
    This port is good not great but good, some quicktime events are somewhat bad and horrible but other than that its an awsome game, it has 1 or 2 scenes camera angles wich are horrible i wont say wich dont want any spoilers other than that solid port chapters are long gameplay is great windows version...)and the story is enjoyable pretty varied and enjoyable play/experience also the mercenaries no mercy its uber.

After 75+ hrs so far finishing 56% of the game im still playing it, only departament its really lacking its the graphics they could add higher resolution patches and fix those 2 broken camera angles in chriss chapter 5, and the cameras in some scenes and chapter other than that pretty solid one of the best RE iv played since 1999.
  25. Mar 22, 2013
    Personally, I was a little rage infused on it's release due to it's inept ability to ensure the game be in full working order. The lack of co-operative play, which was the main attraction for me...and when it was working, has in-game microphone which was “always on”.

The Co-op mode network was enabled when the game was released in North America and the always on microphone has a
    workaround...which shouldn't need to be used...it reminded me too much of the Dead Island release which were not the fondest of memories.

The graphics of this title are sadly surpassed by it's predecessor due to it's mixed use of, what I would call, moderate (in this day and age) to low quality textures used on certain objects and scenery, which is somewhat strange, since the character models are generally, nicely detailed. Just doesn't give me a feeling of consistency. Don't get me wrong, it's not terrible or anything, it's just not as good as I thought it to be. FoV slider doesn't seem to do much. Controls are somewhat, more awkward with certain tasks personally due to the fact, that there's much more actions to bind (Also considering it's use of Quick-Time Events).

Once all the crap was out the way, I've found the game experience to be very much, both, enjoyable and challenging since I'm playing with a friend on No Hope difficulty...many deaths ensue. My initial cause of concern for this game was perhaps, a frame-rate issue. After running the Biohazard Resident Evil 6 benchmark that was available on the Tools Section of Steam, I had dipped to about 21 fps at certain points...but I realize now, that set of benchmark scenarios aren't emulated in a play-though of the campaigns...perhaps Mercenary mode (which, I've yet to test). It may not be a survival horror like it's early precursors, it's in a step in the right direction..away from Resident Evil 5 with it's dark atmosphere and mandatory jump-scare. Strip the title down to it's core game-play mechanics, and it's actually a decent game.
  26. Apr 12, 2013
    Yes I know that the control and camera are so terrible but If you can get over it and try to enjoy the story you will see that it is a amazing game. Especially I have to admit that Ada and Sherry both are so beautiful
  27. Mar 28, 2013
    This is not resident evil, just a shooter and a below decent one. All the elements are gone, no scary scenes and just feels plain sloppy and lame from beginning to end. I have played all the resident evil games from 1-5 (including zero) and this is the worst one from the series, even worse than operation raccoon city. And I'm talking about the gameplay, not the graphics. I could replay a game forever its fun no matter how bad the graphics are, but if its not then why bother. What is the point of having a beautiful cake if you can't eat it. Expand
  28. Apr 1, 2013
    This game is so full of play time and fun for 40 bucks i cant express how satisfied i am, but i will try.. 4 co op campaigns 5 chapters each all contain hours of fun game play. For the die hard resident evil lovers you can even go back and play as the other character for a very different experience. players get split up every now and then to handle other objectives. this is a great game! cant believe its only got a 7.1 meta!!! come on you guys are really kissin Bioshock butt with a 9.6 and for 60 bucks and another 20 for dlc after they lied about and released Bioshock 1 again in "3D" that never worked and 2 was suppose to as well. They never paid for that mess up and now they are completely unaccountable?! come on gamers... they should be ashamed. RE6 offers soo much for so little. hats off to Cap com and RE6! Expand
  29. May 29, 2013
    In my opinion, this is the most underrated game released in the past year. I don't see any fault with it excluding the nigh impossible boss battles, though a good challenge is healthy!). The stories are deep and occasionally a little emotional, all of the endings are epic and you see the course of the game through the eyes of 7 playable characters (Leon, my personal fave, Helena, Chris, Piers, Jake, Sherry {Yes, you can finally play as her!} and, in the secret campaign, Ada). Resident Evil 6 is among the best games released in the past year and I don't see why it has received such crappy reviews! Expand
  30. Mar 22, 2013
    This game seems awesome, i liked most the other resident evils, even during their evolution from horror to comedic shooters. But this is unplayable for me, only because of the camera angle and controls, the controls are incredibly awkward with no chance to chance some of the stuff to mouse button keys, thats fine, ill get use to it. But mix these bad controls with a camera that constantly spins this way and that way, jumps from angle to angle.

Let me give you a example, playing as ada, im runing through the sub, i jump up to kick a enemy, i juck, kick him, the camera switches from one angle to other, now i turn around cause i got a mass following behind him, camera switches around again throwing off what should of been a fluid action. I died as a result of a enemy running up on me and i couldnt quite adjust just right to fire on him.

I plan on uninstalling it cause the camera jittering coupled with goofy controls only because it gives me a headache, if it wasnt for that id probably suffer through it.

(just another example, i was trying to figure out how to equip the pipebomb arrows, i assumed it was a secondary ammo, i hit a few of the generic keys, nothing worked, went into the options to look it up, i saw a command that sounded like it would do just what i was after, so i hit G, it only switched from sub machine gun to crossbow.....i still have no idea how to switch ammos out).

Just to show you where im coming from, im not a cowadooty kid, i stopped when it lost its way after united offense.

Games a easy 8/10, but with my issues id throw it as a 5 or 6.

1. Feb 4, 2014
    Perhaps it's still too experimental and difficult than the sixth entry in a series ought to be, but despite everything, RE6 offers top-tier cinematic action and series-high storytelling. For fans who've yet to try it, the PC version is the right choice.
    If we forget the roots of the franchise, we have ourselves a pretty awesome and addictive 3rd person shooter. [May 2013]
  3. May 21, 2013
    An apocalyptic disappointment that never rises above mediocrity, but often sinks into tedium. [July 2013, p.72]