5.7

1. Mar 24, 2013
    I'll be synthetic. The game is filled to the brim with entirely gratuitous scripted actions. I hate those. Many scenarios are likewise gratuitously slow. I hate that. Zombies' reactions to attacks reek of brawler games. Tekken wasn't as clumsy though.
    The interface reeks of console design. It's insulting on PC.
    A lightly dressed guy in the opening scenario apparently holds a dozen
    The interface reeks of console design. It's insulting on PC.
    A lightly dressed guy in the opening scenario apparently holds a dozen different guns on him, with negligible amounts of ammo for each. Immersion: zero.

It's amazing how a game which starts so similarly to say, RE3, fails to convey any basic feature which made such an old game fun. You can't feel alone (you're not), you can't feel lost (press the Q key), you can't feel in danger ("Continue?" As if it were Tekken), you don't feel scared. I'll never even try a RE game again after this.
  2. Mar 23, 2013
    I loved Resident Evil 5, and in a way this game is inferior to that in so many ways. Let me start off by talking about the hideous amounts of bugs, crashes, and just bad programming. For a game that took tons of time to port over to PC, you'd think Capcom could have nailed it. Did they care? It looks like they didn't. From the constant frame rate drops, to AMD video card crashes, toI loved Resident Evil 5, and in a way this game is inferior to that in so many ways. Let me start off by talking about the hideous amounts of bugs, crashes, and just bad programming. For a game that took tons of time to port over to PC, you'd think Capcom could have nailed it. Did they care? It looks like they didn't. From the constant frame rate drops, to AMD video card crashes, to the fact you can't mute the voice chat in co-op games (there is a function but it doesn't work), and there is no push to talk button.

The game itself is not a linear game, and in this case I use that term in a bad way. The characters have 5-6 campaign chapters, and really only of them provides any sense of terror. The others seem to be explosion after explosion. What I liked about Resident Evil 5, was there was a storyline, and a mystery. I don't get that with this game at all. Overall, bad programming, a bad port of a generally flawed game. Very disappointed!
  3. Mar 26, 2013
    Sure this isn't Resident Evil anymore, however as much as i dislike some of the changes this franchise had, i still enjoy it a lot and i think this is a big improvement over Resident Evil 5.
    Having played the console version before, i can easily assume that the PC version is easily the best looking version and its perfectly ported. There are things that could have been improved, but still.

I've had a bit of problem getting familiar with the cameras and the gameplay but after a while you'll get along with it.
    The storyline is quite good and i like how you play it with 4 different characters from different points of views.
    The MP is also great, a lot of gamemodes but Mercenaries is so much fun.
    Also the game has Split-Screen in coop and the other game modes to play with your friends.

I gotta say i'm an old school Resident Evil fan, but i liked this game so far, regardless of how much it has changed.
  4. Mar 22, 2013
    Explosions, Quick Time Events, horrible AI. I grieve for the gaming industry, they only try to impress using visual effects and just forget everything that made old video-games really fun. They try to compensate the lack of depth and atmosphere using cutscenes all the time. It just doesn't work for me, it is not a video game anymore just a generic hollywood movie like the Resident EvilExplosions, Quick Time Events, horrible AI. I grieve for the gaming industry, they only try to impress using visual effects and just forget everything that made old video-games really fun. They try to compensate the lack of depth and atmosphere using cutscenes all the time. It just doesn't work for me, it is not a video game anymore just a generic hollywood movie like the Resident Evil movie franchise, a total failure. Expand
  5. Mar 24, 2013
    Poor console port, crappy control, and the game performance is not optimized for PC. Frequent cut scenes just break the atmosphere, and there are creatures that use modern weapons, and fire at you, how come the game has such wonderful creative idea! Further, the frequency of QTE increases drastically compared to resident evil 4 and 5, it seems the game developer never listen to fans'Poor console port, crappy control, and the game performance is not optimized for PC. Frequent cut scenes just break the atmosphere, and there are creatures that use modern weapons, and fire at you, how come the game has such wonderful creative idea! Further, the frequency of QTE increases drastically compared to resident evil 4 and 5, it seems the game developer never listen to fans' complaints in the past. Absolutely zero! Expand
  6. Mar 23, 2013
    It doesn't have nice graphics, everything is so dark, it's not a fun shooter, it's not a horror game, it doesn't really feel like a survivor game either, and playing it feels like work. As a matter of fact, I'd rather go pull an eight hour shift right now than to spend another half hour playing this game. Entertainment value is less than zero. Save yourself $40 and pull a double at yourIt doesn't have nice graphics, everything is so dark, it's not a fun shooter, it's not a horror game, it doesn't really feel like a survivor game either, and playing it feels like work. As a matter of fact, I'd rather go pull an eight hour shift right now than to spend another half hour playing this game. Entertainment value is less than zero. Save yourself $40 and pull a double at your workplace instead. It will be much more enjoyable. Expand
  7. Mar 22, 2013
    Well first of all I will rate this game regardless of what was in their deliveries of yore like action game is a delight from head to toe entertaining from beginning to end in every way, with 4 campaigns and mythical characters that we all know. leon campaign is perfect, it is the closest to the action and horror survivar moderate, chris is pure action but have certain times of retentionWell first of all I will rate this game regardless of what was in their deliveries of yore like action game is a delight from head to toe entertaining from beginning to end in every way, with 4 campaigns and mythical characters that we all know. leon campaign is perfect, it is the closest to the action and horror survivar moderate, chris is pure action but have certain times of retention and so in other campaigns, I've only played 4 hours testing each campaign but is sufficient to realize how the overall game. the perfect narrative is a story quite interesting, the gameplay has some flaws as a bit robotic animation but not serious fits perfectly what I'm playing with mouse and keyboard and am very pleased with the good work of Capcom with the PC port and did well to leave that crap games for windows live as the graphics are almost like those of consoles with some improvements like the softness of the shadows and some highlights filters foremost conclusion for those who have not yet decided to buy the game, try it yourselves see videos on youtube enough to draw their own conclusions from the game itself does not value it for you because someone else says, because everyone has a different view but in my humble analysis so far I've played enough games is recommended for those who likes action survivar combined with horror that not all the time but if you have it and appreciate the game regardless of what was in their deliveries old Expand
  8. Mar 23, 2013
    Gameplay is really fun, but very frustrating at times. You will die A LOT. The camera angles are simply awful at times, and aiming is super cumbersome, even though you're using a mouse. If an enemy is close to you, you're better off unloading a whole magazine then trying to aim for the head, because 9/10 times you will just completely miss even though the crosshair is right on the head.Gameplay is really fun, but very frustrating at times. You will die A LOT. The camera angles are simply awful at times, and aiming is super cumbersome, even though you're using a mouse. If an enemy is close to you, you're better off unloading a whole magazine then trying to aim for the head, because 9/10 times you will just completely miss even though the crosshair is right on the head. Graphics are pretty mediocre, as can be expected from DX9 technology, but the game runs rather poorly on my AMD 1090t and 4gb 2000mhz ram and a 6970 2gb GPU. It bogs down and stutters randomly. Oh and there's plenty of screen tearing too if you disable vsync, which with it enabled, induces input lag. Not a bad game. I just hope they start patching the bugs soon. Expand
  9. Mar 22, 2013
    Back in PSX era Resident Evil was one of my favorite series, and i even like it as an action shooter (i would prefer a horror shooter thu), however there is a lot to love and hate about RE6.At a good side It's amazing coop 4 lengthy campaigns,PC port is fine (way better then for example RE4) and it's sold at lower price.I don't have any problems with mouse+keyboard controls or withBack in PSX era Resident Evil was one of my favorite series, and i even like it as an action shooter (i would prefer a horror shooter thu), however there is a lot to love and hate about RE6.At a good side It's amazing coop 4 lengthy campaigns,PC port is fine (way better then for example RE4) and it's sold at lower price.I don't have any problems with mouse+keyboard controls or with aiming.You can buy upgrades at main menu or after each chapter witch gives some feeling of character progression.The story is stupid fun like always in this series,but if you treat it too serious then it's gonna be terrible.Few things i don't like about RE6 are camera (not a view point but too often it's jumps around),too many QTE and especially graphic in brighter areas.I miss old Resident Evil horror style,but frankly i would miss this coop action as well. Expand
  10. Mar 27, 2013
    I played enough of this game to recommend it to you. There's everything to love and nothing to hate. If we consider the last trilogy, Resident Evil from 4 to 6 this is easily the best of them all, the culmination of the action Capcom offers. You can do all sort of new moves which are awesome, you can slide, dodge, land on your back and shoot from the ground (which can be done when enemiesI played enough of this game to recommend it to you. There's everything to love and nothing to hate. If we consider the last trilogy, Resident Evil from 4 to 6 this is easily the best of them all, the culmination of the action Capcom offers. You can do all sort of new moves which are awesome, you can slide, dodge, land on your back and shoot from the ground (which can be done when enemies drop you too), you can fight in melee with combos or switching to a melee weapon. I really like the fluidity of the game and it's even more fun with a friend. The coop of this game is great, you are not helpless per sé, you can counter enemies' grapples, you can even "stand up" for yourself if you survive long enough in a down state, but, of course, it's a lot easier if there's a team mate helping you out but that may not be always possible due to tactics gone wrong or levels where you have to stay apart for some time.
    There is much to explore, some campaigns have more exploration than others, graphics are really good for my standards (which may be low since I don't really care) and it goes at 60 fps even if the benchmark told me it would go at 20-30. The campaigns are a great idea, different enemies, different characters, different playstyles and it's a hard game too! I play at Professional difficulty, invested 23 hours in the game right now and I'm something as halfway through (I'm doing chapter 3 with Chris now after doing 3 chapters with Jake and Leon). I really can't find anything wrong with this game, it gives me the challenge I seek, the adrenaline, the fear (the fear of dying but there are some jumps too), the gameplay is perfect as I see it, this was much more than I anticipated, I'll definitely play this multiple times. I'm giving it a 10 because as I said before, I can't find much wrong with it and I didn't have such fun with an action game for a while.
  11. Nov 22, 2013
    Crapcom has done it again. Making garbage poorly designed games. This is just a cash grab. Everything about this game is garbage. Gameplay, story, graphics, characters etc.
  12. Dec 7, 2013
    Loved the campaign idea with 4 different stories, and based on that I thought I would be replaying this game over and over as I did RE5. Sadly it did not work out that way. 1 Play through on normal and done.
    This game is TERRIBLE, an absolute embarrassement of the RE series. The RPG element capcom added in RE4 & RE5 was exactly what the series needed, so they totally destroy it with this new stale skill system. I'm sure it looked good on paper being able to switch 3 different sets of skills around, but just doesn't work and it's not fun.

I get that this game was set to be more action packed...but the QTE's are just a total buzzkill. If I wanted to play "track n field" every few minutes, I'd fire my NES up.

When you figure in the bad camera angles, and controls into the mix... you have a pile of hot garbage.
  13. Dec 8, 2013
    Why don't I just watch a movie. This game once again abandons everything that made resident evil 4 such a good game. Sure the graphics are good and the invisible snake fight is pretty awesome but the game is basically everything people hate about call of duty.
  14. Dec 28, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 is not a good game. Perhaps it looks nice and cool, but behind the good graphics is a game with uninteresting and way too long story, no atmosphere how it should be, bad controls and very stupid enemies. I played Resident Evil 5 and it was much better, even without horror, but here the want you to be scared and don't make it.
  15. Jan 6, 2014
    Resident Evil 6 was so bad that I didn't even finished the whole game. It had difficult controls, annoying texture glitches, and bad camera angles. But the story, setting, and character design was pretty good.
  16. Jul 12, 2014
    Oh my God, the QTE!
    Launched the game. Got to first zombie. Dead. Continue. Next QTE. Dead. Continue. Next QTE. Dead Con...
    WHYYYYY???? WHAT FOR?
    R.I.P. Resident Evil.
  17. May 9, 2014
    It's sad. Capcom does not know what they are trying to do. This game is nothing and still everything. The story has plotholes. It's filled with QTE which suck. It's not even remotely scary. But the graphics are good.
    Well Dead Space 1 and 2 are much better then this. Looks like the Survival Horror genre can only be saved by indie developers.
  18. Oct 27, 2013
    I played all the Residents that were released and even if the form changed from pure horror to an action game I still think this is what I was waiting for. I don't understand why this game is getting so much criticism. I had a great time playing campaign in co-op with my friend and I think that they should make more games like this. The only reason i am not giving 10 is the fact that iI played all the Residents that were released and even if the form changed from pure horror to an action game I still think this is what I was waiting for. I don't understand why this game is getting so much criticism. I had a great time playing campaign in co-op with my friend and I think that they should make more games like this. The only reason i am not giving 10 is the fact that i don't like QTE and there is a bit too much of them here :P. Fighting system boss fights are awsome. That's why I would really recommend everyone to play it before reading other comments because i thing this game is really worth buying. Keep up the good work Konami :D Expand
  19. Nov 20, 2013
    I have very mixed feelings with regards to Resident Evil 6; on one side it was a solid action shooter and on the other it was dragged out, lacked any real horror aspect, contained unnecessary amounts of QTE’s and generally held your hand a little to much… The game does look fantastic and it’s very flashy, but the game is built as a series of battle arenas with corridors between them… II have very mixed feelings with regards to Resident Evil 6; on one side it was a solid action shooter and on the other it was dragged out, lacked any real horror aspect, contained unnecessary amounts of QTE’s and generally held your hand a little to much… The game does look fantastic and it’s very flashy, but the game is built as a series of battle arenas with corridors between them… I really do miss the exploration and re-visitation aspect that the games used to have… This game also has four separate campaigns which (too me) all felt to closely tied together meaning you often killed the same bosses from a different perceptive and felt like a easy way to extend the length of there game… It seriously is a jack of all trades and master of none… However, I can recommend this if you want a shooter, but this made all the same mistakes as Resident Evil 5; plus a few more… Expand
  20. Feb 4, 2014
    Although Resident evil had great upper-hand in horror action genre third person shooting from Biohazzard 4 (The most anticipated series of year) to Resident evil 5 with epic game play .. but 6th installment made me very disappointed with no deep story , They need to do some great deal of hardwork on every pillar of Game especially on storyline and characters
  21. Mar 21, 2014
    It is NOT horror,it is an action/shooter game.I am a huge RE fun,it is my favourite game of all time(especially RE and RE3)but this is not RE I love.No puzzles,no object finding,just shott and shoot.Last good RE game was 4th.
  22. Aug 11, 2014
    It's a good game but it has taken steps towards the wrong direction. Too much action oriented, a bad inventory not letting you fix and organize your weapons and items and many campaigns that actually take place the same time ruining the immersion factor. I would definitely prefer one big campaign. Technically the game looks and feels good.
  23. Mar 26, 2014
    I don't understand how these huge developers continue to mess up their games with poor design choices. The overlapping story structure isn't fun. It cheapens the campaigns with repetition that only escalates as you clear them. Why did they ever give up on the exploration/puzzle/supply conservation/equipment upgrading aspects of the series? Everything that was unique about it was junked forI don't understand how these huge developers continue to mess up their games with poor design choices. The overlapping story structure isn't fun. It cheapens the campaigns with repetition that only escalates as you clear them. Why did they ever give up on the exploration/puzzle/supply conservation/equipment upgrading aspects of the series? Everything that was unique about it was junked for a cookie cutter shooter plagued with an endless string of button mashing qtes and about 300 miles of chase scenes. The only RE tradition still intact is the terribly cheesy dialog. Expand
  24. Apr 23, 2014
    As a long time fan of the Resident Evil series this by far destroyed my dreams. This game could not have been less fun to play, its no longer a survival horror game. This is a action adventure game with more quick time events than I care to count. There are multiple stories playing out in this game at the same time. Somehow they all manage to converge on each other in someway or another.As a long time fan of the Resident Evil series this by far destroyed my dreams. This game could not have been less fun to play, its no longer a survival horror game. This is a action adventure game with more quick time events than I care to count. There are multiple stories playing out in this game at the same time. Somehow they all manage to converge on each other in someway or another. Yet somehow the original game in the series started off with zombies and actual scares this game seems to make me laugh more than scare me.

Gameplay: Overall controls are easy to get the hang of and its not a difficult game by any means. It is however a terrible and boring and if you are familiar with the series at all then I don’t know how you can even consider this game worthy of the name Resident Evil. It’s a confusing mess with quick time events and stop and shot tactics that get old very quickly.

Graphics: Game runs smoothly and is up to date on todays graphic engines, isn’t anything you haven’t seen before but it maybe the only saving grace this game has is the fact that it looks decent.

Replay Value: None, beat the game and you will never want to touch it again. That is if your lucky and do manage to play through the entire game!

Overall this game is a complete waste of time and money. Wouldn't even want to play this game if it was free.
  25. Aug 6, 2013
    This game is for the most part lots of fun. The only reason I gave it a mediocre score is that I have never seen a game where the player has so many controls and constraints. You are told when to shoot, where to go, and how to get there. The player has few choices. Likewise, the cut scenes were exremely intrusive and didn't allow me to get into a rhythm. Finally, as one reviewer onThis game is for the most part lots of fun. The only reason I gave it a mediocre score is that I have never seen a game where the player has so many controls and constraints. You are told when to shoot, where to go, and how to get there. The player has few choices. Likewise, the cut scenes were exremely intrusive and didn't allow me to get into a rhythm. Finally, as one reviewer on Steam reported, this game is actually very complex in terms of melee combos and equipping weapons. There is a long learning curve in this game. Overall, I would recommend waiting until the price drops before investing in this game. Expand
  26. Sep 24, 2013
    i am really disappointed with capcom as they ruined my favorite game series ever what happened to resident evil why did it turn from survival horror to third person shooter the story is so shallow gameplay is not good i gave this game so many chances but i never get myself to finish it so repetitive and so insulting for every fan of the series
  27. Oct 14, 2013
    This game could barely be considered a "good try" if amateur developers had put it together. But, when competing with previous versions of the same franchise and the onslaught of new zombie genre successes like Left 4 Dead, it seems insulting.

The controls aren't unintuitive, they are counter intuitive. The story is vague and bland and death occurs due to controller glitch far more often than player mistakes.

Worst for me is that they reduced a once great franchise to a more boring version of Dragon's Lair-They made the whole thing a slightly dolled up, linear, rail-shooter. What's next, midi soundtracks?

There is no excuse for this game.
  28. Oct 17, 2013
    Bullet points:
    +Great graphics and sound
    +One of the lengthiest Resident Evils -poor mechanics (no methodology to killing enemies. Example: takes 3-7 headshots while micromanaging a flimsy reticule to kill a standard zombie) -clumsy controls (you will kick into space often) -loss of control of protagonist (most damage incurred feels "cheap" and unavoidable) Essentially this is a
    Bullet points:
    +Great graphics and sound
    +One of the lengthiest Resident Evils

-clumsy controls (you will kick into space often)

Essentially this is a step back for the series; where as Resident Evil 4 and 5 had horror and action elements, this has almost only action. The best way I can describe it: whether you are playing RE1 on the PS1, or RE5 on the PC, by the end of the game you are far more skilled at dispatching enemies. The cheap hits preclude this skill curve and you will feel no more adept at the end of the game than in your first hour. I can say that this was first Resident Evil that genuinely not fun to play a few hours, which is surprising considering the obvious expense and time it took developing the game.

Capcom; please enlist more play-testers from multiple nationalities if you want to continue this franchise, preferably some who can give you the raw truth as to whether your game is fun or not before pushing it out the door.
  29. Dec 28, 2013
    This game is just bad, it seems Capcom no longer has any clue as to what RE is and what direction the fans want it to go RE4 was a great game but it should have been called something else, ever since that game RE has been a joke and RE6 being the biggest .
    Capcom have already said they will listen to the fans for the next game but I can tell you now they wont RE is dead and the only thing that could bring it back is another remake of the first 3 with survival horror at it core not QTE action or Capcom letting go of the license
  30. Jul 26, 2013
    I gave this game a 1 simply because the graphics are nice and detailed but otherwise I would say it's absolutely terrible and I would not recommend that anyone pay full price for it. Luckily for me a friend of mine gifted it to me over Steam so I didn't waste my hard earned cash on this monstrosity of a game. If you love cinematic cut scene's and Quick Time Events you might like it. II gave this game a 1 simply because the graphics are nice and detailed but otherwise I would say it's absolutely terrible and I would not recommend that anyone pay full price for it. Luckily for me a friend of mine gifted it to me over Steam so I didn't waste my hard earned cash on this monstrosity of a game. If you love cinematic cut scene's and Quick Time Events you might like it. I felt demystified and I sincerely doubt that the developers took the time to imagine themselves in zombie apocalypse situation before they scripted some of the dialogue and events that happen here. The game looks pretty, but like I said it is lacking in so many other ways that I would never suggest this game to any kind of friend. Expand

1. Feb 4, 2014
    Perhaps it's still too experimental and difficult than the sixth entry in a series ought to be, but despite everything, RE6 offers top-tier cinematic action and series-high storytelling. For fans who've yet to try it, the PC version is the right choice.
    If we forget the roots of the franchise, we have ourselves a pretty awesome and addictive 3rd person shooter. [May 2013]
  3. May 21, 2013
    An apocalyptic disappointment that never rises above mediocrity, but often sinks into tedium. [July 2013, p.72]