3.7

1. May 19, 2012
    This game is not like any prior Resident Evil game. That is to say, this game is enjoyable. Gone is any frustration at a cripple pretty-boy main character who has his feet bolted to the ground as soon as he pulls out a gun. Gone is any frustration at managing a Tetris-esque inventory. Every Resident Evil game should be like this; fun, enjoyable, playable. Even if the desktop versions seems like a port, it is still better than any other game in this series. Buy this game, and if you want to learn the rest of the story, just check the wiki or Youtube. Don't subject yourself to any other Resident Evil Game. Expand
  2. Jun 1, 2012
    This game is awesome. I thought the graphics were great and up to date.This IS a cover based shooter I haven't been stupid enough to run into anything that was not obviously cover. . When you walk into a room a see a bunch of chest high boxes or ledges its obvious what is and is not cover. The AI is plenty stupid, but no more stupid than Left 4 Dead AI or any other game where you have a fairly worthless squad of AI. I don't know what exactly makes people nerd rage so hard about this game... Expand
  3. Oct 2, 2013
    Graphics 08/10 Not really impressive and some animations are a little stiff ... But transcribed the ambiance resident evil 2 which ultimately is what is required ! Sound 04/10 Poor music, very bad and does not really fit the mood of the game. But in the game you can desactivate the music and just use SFX and it's OK ! SFX 09/10 Just really good ! The Story --/20 I do not give a rating because the story we already know what'll happen, so no surprise but we are warned it is Resident Evil 2 !

Gameplay 08/10
    Versatile! It changes abitudes franchise with good ideas such as active and passive special abilities that are well managed, and that really changes the gameplay ...

Lifetime 03/10
    The big downside of the game, once the campaign ended (which is pretty fast) the game was over too much interest over it is almost impossible to find players online That suxx !

Why are u so negative whit this game ?
    You are an FPS fan You dont realy like this game, but i think you must return on your Battlefield fast !
    You are an zombie game player This game is a good game !
    You are a Resident Evil 2 Fan You love this game !

PS My real note of this game is 07/10 but i give 10 cause some others retards give ZERO
  4. Sep 14, 2014
    Racoon city is nice game, just need more missions, i finish game in 1 day...
    Resident evil 3 example finish 200 times (to complete game 100%) but racoon finish in only 1 day, that is bad
  5. May 19, 2012
    This game is hardcore. I can get head shots with my mates and find some of that green herb. Good times. This game may have some glitches but nothing that a pro gamer cannot handle. Get this game gamers.
  6. May 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not perfect at all but also not the disaster console reviews claim it to be. It does so much right on PC:

DX11 HDR Lighting, DX11 tessellation on some boss models. High & Smooth FPS, Detailed environments, revisits iconic locations from Resident Evil2 & 3 games.

Controls are best suited to mouse + KB. Wireless & Wired 360 gamepad's are supported & ok but mouse+kb is more accurate & the game has no aim assist or auto aim so you need to be accurate in places.

Loading times are very fast no more than 5-10 seconds on an SSD.

Sound FX is excellent, Voiceovers are also very good & you will recognise a few familar voices. Music is functional its really background noise but the sound mixing is movie quality overall.

Game is designed to be a 4 player Co-Op experience but the AI is also good enough for solo play its no better/worse than anything else you can always get AI trapped or it does something silly like most games.

You can play the story mode in solo with 3 AI squad mates or public/private with randoms/friends.

SP is around 25 hours long then the various online game modes add about the same again but a lot more if you want to rise to the top of the leaderboards.

There are also lots of weapons/gadgets/upgrades to unlock with the XP you earn in all game modes (it stacks). Saving is via checkpoints which are fast & seamless apart from a small onscreen disk drive icon.

GFWL + SSA keys are the only DRM used here & it has unlimited activations as long as you use the same gamertag it was first registered to (ensure your also using a gamertag from the 35 supported GFWL regions). No DVD check on the retail version either after install the DVD is not needed. You can even copy/paste the default install folder to another PC it will work as long as you use the same gamertag to connect to GFWL servers it will ask onscreen to re-enter the game serial number & that's it the only DRM present here.

If you like Resident Evil/Left 4 Dead then this is the game for you it feels like a hybrid between the two content wise but plays more like Left4Dead than anything else. Its well made & no apparent bugs I could find plus it runs quite smoothly on max DX11 everything so if your a fan of squad action games like L4D series but also like Resident Evil this is a game you will enjoy playing for quite some time.
    It revisits classic locations from Resident Evil2 & 3 so presents some of those earlier games from a different perspective. You cannot interact with anything from the earlier games other than move through the levels surviving the onslaught!! It even has zombie modes similar to COD Black Ops where you get infected & can turn on your squad mates!!!
  7. May 25, 2012
    On my mind Operation Racoon City is much worse than recents games of Resident Evil franchise. But I played with plesure this game. I like this atmosphere, simple story and good action mechanics.
  8. May 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. No one ever said that this game would be like other RE games, it was obvious from the start that it's a multiplayer based spin off. It's not supposed to be survival in classic RE ways, otherwise it would be boring for four players. Still, the game is not easy, especially on hardest difficulty, where the real challenge is. As I notice, many people judge the game by single player, so is wrong, because main potential of this game is multiplayer. It's not the game's fault if people fail to understand that. Expand
  9. Mar 25, 2013
    I have a lot of fun playing this game. As a video game it isn't particularly good in many respects but I'm always returning to this game to indulge in some coop and versus. I've never regretted this purchase since I got it day one. You can get it on the PS Store for 10 euro at the moment and I highly recommend you do.
  10. Apr 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In my opinion this game is underrated, it isn't much like the other resident evil games, such as you don't have any inventory space like you did the in the old ones, you can only carry 1 F.A spray, 1 anti-virus spray and some grenades. But you can get different powers which comes in very useful while, fighting off a tough enemy, a pack of enemies or helping out team mates. What i like about this resident evil is that you can play with three other people, also how the game links in with the storyline of resident evil 2 and 3 as you come across some rather familiar faces. The controls are good as well, i liked using the mouse compared to a gamepad or buttons i had to in resident evil 4. The multiplayer feature is a definite bonus in my opinion, being able to play against other players using different sets of skills i think added +2 on to my rating, the other 6 came from the story line, the weapons, the system of unlocking weapons and skills and the skills themselves. A good game and good gameplay. Expand
  11. Dec 29, 2012
    I almost didn't get this game because of all the bad reviews it got, but I am NOT disappointed with it at all, it feels like the old RE games, but adds a lot of new stuff to the table. It is set around the same time as Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3, it is Umbrella Corporation's attempt to clean up their mess, it is worth your time and is not as bad as people make it out to be.
  12. Jun 19, 2012
    Something every gamer puts great store by is value-for-money. We each have to weigh up the return on our investment in any given game. In this case, I
  13. Oct 27, 2012
    I am rewriting this review because the other review that is in my nickname wasnt me who wrote. Was written for a friend of mine who was in my house and he forgot to log out from my account in my PC and wrote that terrible review.

Well, there are a couple things that YES I agree with him. But not everything. Yes the enemies are like sponge bullets, yes the AI is a little bit below my
    expectations. The game is not all bad, is funny when play with friends. There are some QTes that was unnecessary.

The graphics are pretty meh. The animations when the guys change their mags are poor.

The camera is to far. Looks more like LOST PLANET without the HUGE MONSTERS than anything else.

So I think despite all glitches and all stuff, I thing the game is fair. Not for the price that they are selling. But for 15 bucks that should be fair enough for this. I could give higher grade if this game was for XBOX LIVE or PSN for 15 bucks that's it.

But a spin off with the pretension to be AAA no I don't think so.

7 and I`m being fair!
  14. May 21, 2012
    Yeah it's not that bad, co-op is pretty cool but LOL the game is short like hell. Multiplayer is pretty decent so if you like Zombies get it!
  15. Oct 5, 2014
    Controls are a little clunky, but overall a solid enough game. Good storyline, modest upgrading, and enough weapons to mix it up. Solid 7 for a $5 game
  16. Sep 25, 2012
    Now, I am reviewing this game months after its release, during the first few months it was plagued by mouse movement and graphical problems that Slant six has since patched up. I can run it with very little problems with a GTX430 (though my listing is fair performance). With the qualifier of shaky launch out of the way, Those expecting an atypical Resident evil game need to look elsewhere, this game is not an adventure game which the regular games, being TPS and survival horror, require at the very core of their gameplay. This is an action game, through and through for co-operative, high paced combat. Hardcore LFD-heads may enjoy the change of pace, but familiar shoes this game fills. Controls are a little wonky, but they make sense, and can be made well of over time (takes some getting used to). The fact that they fixed the bugs THEN released DLC shows that Slant six cares about this title, as we would expect from the famous SOCOM developer. The DLC is coming up on Steam as I write this, I may append to this later after i finish playing around with it (1.8 gb worth!) All in all, if you like cooperative action gameplay with character progression, (buy abilities with xp, take 1 of 3 to each mission, and they are useful:), buy new guns with xp too), and don't mind fiddling for a little while with unusual controls, you will find this game has plenty of replay to sink your teeth into. My biggest complaint is that bots can't rez you, making single player in this game frustratingly difficult on any difficulty. AI in general seems to run a little loose, but it's not game-breaking. There is some nice options for versus matches (Umbrella vs. the US Gov't) Get three friends to rock a campaign of this with you for the night, though, and you will have a blast:) I'd give it a 7/10, the game is shaky, but an excellent effort that is still worth your time if this is your genre. Expand
  17. Nov 22, 2013
    This game is good, not great but good. If you expect it to be like any other game in the series, then it's downright terrible and any true Resident Evil fan will hate it. If however, you look at it as an action shooter that takes place in the Resident Evil world but is it's own entity, it's a decent game.
  18. Oct 6, 2012
    Resident Evil has always been primarily for the fans of classic horror surival. Not for fans of shooters, the new Call of Duty. And if the new RE was to go toward the shooter as only the brave game? Well, um, if you do not have to mean a lot for the entire series and has been done by good, why not? It is a pity that the authors probably just depend on hand that they could pull out of this product and not on the injured fans. New RE to match, looks weak, it is boring, heavy and not polished. Is the RE fans, and for fans of shooters, this game is not good. If you do not play over the network, your only companions-BOTS overwhelm the game. The game in general is not addictive gameplay as the previous section, but despite what the authors say, if you want to know everything, and you also get the pathetic part. The game can be played, but most are not receiving special benefits from it to the fans have been terribly hurt. My rating- 5/10 Expand
  19. May 21, 2012
    My second approach... Score: Graphics - 7/10, Multiplayer 6,5/10, Sound & Music 6/10, Gameplay & Story 5/10, Technically & control 4,5/10, overall 5,5/10. Well, this game is not that bad really, but as Resident Evil game is poor. If you want TPP shooter/action/''little'' horror game, go and buy it, but if you want ''more'' Resident Evil game - just wait for RE6.
  20. Oct 30, 2013
    So many little issues its kind of hard to list them all, but nothing game breaking. Just enough of them and just annoying enough to kill the potential here. I knew this wasnt your average resident evil when I got it, but was really intrigued by the prospect of something a little different from this franchise. But still even after playing this game with the fixes, the game still feels like it was shoved out the door without the time it needed for proper development. I can only imagine that this must have felt like a hot mess at release.
    Regardless I was just sort of disappointed even after picking this one up on a steam sale. Bottom line its just ok.... nothing special and not one I could recommend to anyone but not terrible either.Just a title you could take a pass on and not miss a thing, or pick up and wonder how the hell they justified pricing it at anything over 15 or 20 bucks.
  21. Oct 16, 2012
    Well, Resident Evil games are slowly losing their touch and this game is solid proof of that. The game is just like any average 3rd person shooter, but with zombies and the name "Resident Evil" in the title. Really disapointing. The only good thing about it is that you're going to have some good fun slaying zombies with your friends. It's really sad to see such a bad resident evil game.
  22. Apr 8, 2013
    If it wasn't for Heroes Multiplayer mode this game would be an absolute failure. The campaign was by far the most boring thing i have ever played. It would have been more interesting to play as the actual main characters. Controls are alright but it was difficult to adapt to and finally the amount of lag and sudden freeze in the game angers me A LOT! Waste of money and time.
  23. Oct 19, 2013
    Jesus Christ. What a mess. The game is just barely average. It's full of glitches, the A.I is horrendous and the hit damage on enemies seems to be random (I've emptied a whole clip of an assault rifle into a Lickers head and it didn't die, but then but 4-5 bullets of a silenced pistol into another and killed it). And you have to do a lot of grinding to get the good guns. But it's not all bad. The gun selection is great, and I like all the characters abilities. The gameplay also feels so much more natural when compared to previous Resident Evils. But really, nothing can stop this game from being just like Brink, a bucket of good ideas that were just slapped together to meet a deadline. Expand
  24. Oct 10, 2013
    I'm giving this game 5 out of 10 because despite it's many flaws it's not entirely broken. Let's start with the good. This game can be very fun when played with several friends because it really does encourage teamwork. It's also the just about the only way to beat the game the AI is so bad. Plus the game looks good and chopping through hordes of zombies with melee is fun to. The bad in this game is glaring from the terrible AI, spongy enemies that absorb bullets, generic third person shooter mechanics and fairly non-threatening zombies. This game isn't the worst game ever but between the hype and its namesake one can't help but be underwhelmed. Expand
  25. Mar 17, 2014
    I love the franchise of Resident Evil, each game, obviously. I don't know, I delayed playing this game a lot, just saying it will be a chaos, but it was just a bit different than I thought. I didn't understand why, at the beggining, I face a monster and then it disappear and I will never see him. Why ? What was his purpose? Also, the movement is weird, not so good. The graphics are okai, but not so nice for 2012. I don't know, I didn't like the gameplay; if you drop down, you can't go back. If there appear many creatures, you have a limited space to move and survive. The most I liked is that Raccoon City is the single RE with real zombies. The comrades are useless and if you die, they cannot revive you. Why ? You're the single good piece in the game. Rare times they heal you, rare times they defend you... They are for nothing. I didn't play the multiplayer, to confirm that if there you can be resurrected, but it's weird. They cannot do something special. I said the movement, the gameplay, now the plot. I didn't understand it at all. I don't know why you can kill Leon ( I have to mention that the game is happening between RE 2 an 3 ) and in the RE 4 you play as him. Something's not linking. Anyway, the characters are good and you can choose what you like, which is a good thing. The last thing I didn't like is that the game ends suddenly, after you have to kill or defend Leon, and that totally decepted me. All in all, is a playable game, and in my opinion, it's from 5 up. From me, 5. Expand
  26. Jun 17, 2012
    This game is a failure. It could be much better with it's great background. When I shoot, I don't feel i'm using a gun. I see there are many skills the squad can use; but i think half of them are useless. Movement of this game is bad as well. Lucky I finished this game at my friend's house, didn't spend money on it.
  27. LBC
    Oct 31, 2013
    Operation Raccoon City is a game that should be great, but just isn't. Playing as Umbrella Operatives? Aw yeah! Zombie-infested multiplayer matches? Sign me up! These are awesome concepts that are poorly executed. What we have here is another run of the mill class-based third person shooter. Glitches and awkward deaths are plentiful.
  28. Jul 28, 2013
    I don't like this game very much. It seems that no one likes this game very much. And I can see why. This game isn't resident evil, it;s the unwanted bastard of resident evil. However I do like playing as people in gas masks. They have blue eyes, and I like that. The A.I is stupid. When I play games with my friends, I think they're stupid, and they think I'm stupid. But the A.i here is very stupid and offers no real support when you need it most. When you're playing a game like this, you really do need support. You can play with friends however. And I thought resident evil games were supposed to be scary. This one wasn't. I hope this review hs convinced you not to buy the game. Expand
  29. Apr 27, 2013
    Now I'll be fair and say there's some good things about the game. Graphic is ok, it's nice to see that there's a new approach on the RE universe where you play as the enemy trying to kill the heroes, and it's nice that the game has multiple characters to choose from with different abilities. One problem though. The game itself is BROKEN. Cover system don't work at all, the way you aim your weapon is so inaccurate it keeps on flying to directions you don't want to pick, every enemy in the game takes 30 bullets to kill, even when you shoot them in the head, you can get stuck on a low object, and the enemy AI, especially the bossfights, are terrible. They run and run without hitting you most of the time, and it takes 100 bullets to get them down. So while you fight regular enemies that takes 30 bullets, you also have to kill bosses with 100 bullets, even though you only have 180 bullets in total for regular assault rifles so you have to either find an ammo crate or use your secondary assault rifle, if you have any bullets left in that one. That's frustrating as hell. The game plays like SOCOM with zombies. I mean it'll be a decent game if the enemies don't take that much hit to kill and their AI is competent, I will rate it higher if it's like that, but nope. Stay away from this game. Buy RE6 instead which is one of the best third person shooter game I have ever played which I already play 200 hours into. Operation Raccoon City should be avoided at all cost. It's not worth $10 or even $5 to play this mess of a game. Expand
  30. Jun 22, 2012
    One by one review. The Graphic is good enough to please your eyes. The Story is somewhat fair. The AI is deadly terrible, both friends and foes, you can HARDLY heal (and antivirus-ing) your AI teammates (They will move around away from you), The Control is good EXCEPT for the "throwing body to the ground" action (which annoyingly put you down when you're running to get herbs) & the "auto wall-cover", which is ridiculously stick you to a wall when you get near, and SLOWING you (while you're trying to get out of firing line strafing, most often case).The Weapon option is quite broad. The Character active skills are disturbing (You can get three, but only one may be brought to the battle). The Bugs & Glitches are almost in every corner of the map, very bad game polishing before release. Overall: Bad, or Worse (Considering this a long way out-of-RE usual standard) Expand
  31. May 5, 2013
    Capcom have let themselves down in a big way. The game looked extremely rushed and badly made in every way. The sound bug on the PC is the worse I've seen in ages since Tom Clancy's Vegas 2.

You start the first level and half way through the sound stops, but you can't restart the game because you have to restart the level.

Get Resident Evil 6 and avoid this bad attempt at a MP game
  32. Aug 31, 2013
    Bugs? OMG TOO MUCH BUGS! A.I? Not so good I see. Graphics? Up to date. Gameplay? Very bad. Story? You ruined it Capcom you really did. Overall: Bad don't even think about making a new game in the RE series.
  33. Jul 15, 2014
    This is the worst Resident Evil game EVER !!!
    CAPCOM badly hurt RE serial with this one :/
    One of the worst games i have played for a long time

Do not buy this crap !!!
  34. Jun 10, 2012
    This game is very fun to play specially in co-op. The graphics are very good too and I like the story. However, this game was really not ready to be released on PC yet because it is buggy as hell. I run a very mean gaming PC and even this game causes me to get less than 20fps in certain areas, also a very big problem is that there is a bug that causes my sound to cut in a out constantly... How could they have missed that? Plus on the elevator level there you fight the fire boss... after defeating him the elevator will go backwards causing you and your friends to be stuck and unable to progress... Plus the human AI is annoying accurate with their guns. Once all bug issues are addressed I am sure this game would be very fun to play because it is! By why charge $50 for a buggy mess! Don't Developers care to make good games anymore? Also this is another one of those games with day 1 DLCs. Stuff stripped straight from the original game and tossed out for more money when they have not even addressed the bugs in this game! Expand
  35. ewm
    Jan 4, 2013
    This is not a game, and a bonus mode resident evil revelations!!!!!!! Rough schedule and facial animation and a lot of bugs!!!!!!!!!!This not resident evil!!!!!!!!!
  36. Sep 26, 2012
    honestly guys this game is god awful i don't care that it wasn't going to be like the other games if it was any good then fine but its one of the worst games i have played for a long time.You can finish the game in about 2 hours.Any one sticking up for this insult needs their heads tested.Do not buy it maybe if it was £5 then it might be worth it.
  37. Jun 6, 2012
    I"ve played Resident Evil 5 on PC and it was a great game so I preordered this game in excitement. Boy was I severely disappointed the first time I played this game. The story line is near non-existent, and the game overall quality makes it seem like this should have been released in 2000, not 2012.

Here are some of my issues:

1) Graphics are substandard. I don't place that much
    importance on a game's graphics if the game is fun, but these graphics are noticeably bad. The animations are probably even worse. Overall the graphics detract from an already bad game.

2) The gameplay is just not fun. For instance getting a headshot on an enemy doesn't guarantee a kill. What is the point of aiming? The actual boss fights utilise tired mechanics and sometimes restrict control options. 3) Bugs galore. The game on PC at least was not tested well, and there are so many bugs. The main one is the sound bug that makes the music/sound effects go off and on. It got to the point my friend and I would have to give sound-effects to each other over vent as both of our sound would go off at unexpectedly different times.

A major disappointment considering Capcom should be a quality game producer. I wish I really didn't spend any money on this game. I really don't see how any of these things can be fixed reliably in a patch other than the sound glitch.
  38. Aug 16, 2013
    This game stands to be 1 of 3 games I reviewed without finishing. This game is by far the WORST port I have ever seen. Not just in the control and menu scheme, which feels like awful, but in the graphics optimization. I run games like Farcry 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim on maxed out settings but can't run this game at reasonable frames on the lowest and ugliest settings.
    The performance of
    this port is not just unacceptable, it's actually rather painful. If this game was rated purely on its port quality, the developers would be on the same level as Stellar Stone...Yeah, I said it. Expand
  39. Apr 27, 2013
    I was pretty excited when Steam notified me that Resident Evil: Raccoon City Complete Pack went on sale. What I didn't realize was why it went on sale. After purchasing the game on Steam(without checking the metascore) I started playing with the expectation of a great cinematic storyline and details in the gameplay like Resident Evil: Outbreak (PS2), Resident Evil 4 (PS2 and PC), and Resident Evil 5 (PC). Like everyone, I was disappointed because it lacked a storyline and the gameplay "sucked". When you try shooting at the zombies/spec ops the AI would always run in front of you thus causing damage to themselves and making you heal them(where you can't get them close enough to heal multiple team mates at once). When you're under attack they're 1)already at the door to the next segment or 2)too slow in coming to your aid. I'm sure multiplayer may be a different story, but my interest in the game didn't last long enough to get to multiplayer. Both the storyline and AI intelligence has taken two steps back from previous Resident Evil games. I just hope Capcom will redeem themselves in an uncoming Resident Evil 7 where the singleplayer has an actual cinematic storyline with better AI. Expand

1. Jul 12, 2012
    A Weskered development gives us the Wong game. Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City is evil in the wrong sense. [Sept 2012, p.70]
  2. Jun 28, 2012
    And yet again, the only bright spot in a game about zombies is a CG promo that has nothing in common with the actual gameplay.
    Absolutely useless addition to Resident Evil series throws away almost everything that made this series famous. The solo campaign is almost unplayable and multiplayer isn't any better. [June 2012]