9.0

1. May 28, 2016
    Improved RTCW:MP with huge modding/map support/community. It's a shame I wasn't able to play it that much in its days of glory, but there are still some servers up if you want to play (and you should want to play).
  2. Jan 11, 2016
    Many an hour has been spent playing this game. It is truly the best multiplayer game I have ever played. The character voices and com system is amazing.
    The missions are great and really build teamwork. Every team needs to have a balance of all roles such as engineers, medics etc.
    Splash Damage have tried to create many a game after this but none of them come near to this freebie!
  3. Jun 25, 2015
    Simply the best Fps i've played since 2003 :) the only negative it's that they should have made a sequel with better graphic to keep the community on this game
  4. Jun 13, 2015
    Wow how much fun is this.
    Be the elite engineer that wins your team the game
    Or the hard working Medic
    Or the hard killing Support and Soldier
    Addictive and thrilling as the clock ticks down....oh and watch the mines
  5. Dec 2, 2014
    This game... no, this masterpiece of gaming ingenuity by far the best FPS out there. Despite the age it still feels extremely smooth and deep. The mechanics and the players compensate for the seemingly old graphics (which still look pretty damn good). It's unexplainable... once you fall in love with this game you will feel the magic. So... what are you waiting for, try it out. It's free,This game... no, this masterpiece of gaming ingenuity by far the best FPS out there. Despite the age it still feels extremely smooth and deep. The mechanics and the players compensate for the seemingly old graphics (which still look pretty damn good). It's unexplainable... once you fall in love with this game you will feel the magic. So... what are you waiting for, try it out. It's free, it's fun and it's easy to install (Just get a PunkBuster key from ETKEY.org after you install the game) Expand
  6. Mar 23, 2014
    Best team based objective shooter in my opinion. Now if we only could get an remake with updated graphics my life would be complete. This game is simple,addicting and fun. Well balanced maps and classes. Its not for the new generation. But to me its has always been the holy grail in gaming.
  7. Mar 2, 2014
    I cannot believe this game was released 11 years ago! 11 years ago and it's still a pretty good game! I can't really find anything wrong with this game, you have plenty to do, the server bugs have all but been worked out and it still looks good, but I must admit that it is starting to show it's age on the graphics side of things.

What made this game really good is that it made team work

What made this game really good is that it made team work a necessity. You had to work together to win, if not you would almost always lose.
  8. Jan 26, 2014
    When the community was alive, this was the best multiplayer I have ever played. The gameplay was super, the voices were funny (Sehr Gut!). You could choose any class you want, way before TF2. There were only two main problems: it was full of cheaters (it seemed to me that also in Punkbuster servers it was so), and many servers modified your game by adding their own skins, which forced meWhen the community was alive, this was the best multiplayer I have ever played. The gameplay was super, the voices were funny (Sehr Gut!). You could choose any class you want, way before TF2. There were only two main problems: it was full of cheaters (it seemed to me that also in Punkbuster servers it was so), and many servers modified your game by adding their own skins, which forced me to delete them everytime. Expand
  9. Aug 24, 2013
    Call of Duty, DotA2, Half Life and other multyplayer games gonna bl0w job Why, just this game make you (really make) play together as a brotherhood. Perfect multiplayer game ever made!
  10. Mar 7, 2013
    Best and most intense multiplayer game I have ever played. What makes this game even more amazing is that it is 100% free to download. It would be cool if someone made a newer version of this game with better graphics but with same mechanics and feel to it.
  11. Jan 16, 2013
    Excellent Game considering this is a Free game. One of the things that really works in favor of this game is that it is pretty customizable (maps, mods, sounds, etc.) and there is a huge community that supports the game.
    I read a negative review about this game.. he posted in 2005. Now it is 2013 and I still consider this game one of my favorites, and i still play it =D. Of course, consider this is a multiplayer - only game, so you need to find a good game server and start learning, there are still several active servers out there. HOWEVER, there is only one condition to play this game: This is not for lazy people (e.g. newbs that never learn anything, that never ever do anything but hiding, that never try, that just don't want to die, that just want to kill and hide all the time, or that just want to increase their score in the score boards ¬¬) this is an Objective based game. Learning how to play the game, increasing your real skills (not XP, i mean real brain skills) and having a lot of fun is UP TO YOU.
  12. Oct 17, 2012
    I still think that the multi-player in this game far exceeds the multiplayer in more modern games. The medic, field ops, and covert ops classes give it a degree of depth that the other FPS games lack in their multi-player.
  13. Sep 1, 2012
    This is one of the most solid and free first person shooters out there, the community is strong, the game as so is great, and the aging doesn't strike really bad, i'm satisfied and i could play this for a while, however, with modern games becoming more close to the "free-to-play" standards it has huge competition and sometimes this competition is bigger and better but there is still aThis is one of the most solid and free first person shooters out there, the community is strong, the game as so is great, and the aging doesn't strike really bad, i'm satisfied and i could play this for a while, however, with modern games becoming more close to the "free-to-play" standards it has huge competition and sometimes this competition is bigger and better but there is still a charm in this game that you wont find elsewhere and thats why i recommend downloading it, plus, it is compatible with Mac and Linux also which I thank the developers for. Download it now. Expand
  14. Aug 23, 2012
    Maybe the best Ego-Shooter ever made. I wish they would make a clean remake :) This game got everything u need. Weapons, Violence, Teamplay, Objectives, Fragging, Clans, and great Community. This is a MUST PLAY Ego Shooter. Also it is free to download.
  15. May 13, 2012
    RtCW: Enemy Territory is a Second World War first person shooter. The players are on either of two teams (axis and allies, of course) - one team has to complete a series of objectives while the other has to stop them. The players pick from different classes - soldier (with superior weaponry), engineer (access to mines and the ability to repair), medic (can heal self and team mates), aRtCW: Enemy Territory is a Second World War first person shooter. The players are on either of two teams (axis and allies, of course) - one team has to complete a series of objectives while the other has to stop them. The players pick from different classes - soldier (with superior weaponry), engineer (access to mines and the ability to repair), medic (can heal self and team mates), a covert ops (silenced weapons and the ability to steal enemy uniforms) and a field ops, who can supply team mates with ammo and deploy artillery strikes. During a campaign (a series of maps) players will get experience in different categories depending on what they are doing and how well they do it. This unlocks better stats, new weaponry and abilities.

The game works very well. The game play is aimed at making team play necessary and this works like a charm. The classes are well balanced and each class gives the player unique options and limitations - the medic for instance can always stay at maximum health, but will be hampered by low ammunition especially early in the game. While there are few negative things to say about this game, in some maps it can become rather boring when one team is significantly weaker than the other and can't get out of their spawn zone. Still a clear 10 in my book - can be recommended to anyone who loves FPS games.
  16. Apr 21, 2011
    Simply the best multiplayer game ever. There isn't ANY word that can say anything similar to how this game is great. Every, single detail of gameplay is excellent. Amazing, classical, BEST!
  17. Apr 20, 2011
    One of the best first-person shooters I've ever played. It has unforgettable atmosphere, great weapons, classes and maps. That's all because it was released as free game and much people could make excellent stuff just for ET. I recommend it even now, though it's quite old.
  18. Jan 3, 2011
    The greatest game of all time! This and its brother, Enemy Territory, are worthy of the highest praise and get a 10/10 from me. Single player is epic, but the multiplayer is really where it's at.
  19. FredrikR
    Dec 6, 2009
    First online game I played. Played it since 2003, and spending countless hours on it.
  20. NateG
    Aug 17, 2009
    I've played them all. All current FPS games, and all old ones. I enjoyed most of them: TF2, Crysis, BF, COD,CS, Quake... None of them lives up to this one. None of them encourages more teamplay and tactical moves than this one. I couldn't find a more fun game than this one since it was released. Best physics best characters, best maps, best voices.
  21. RichardG
    Jan 21, 2009
    One of the baddest experience multiplayer I ever had. The downside is that pro players bragging too much that it will make your head exploded.
  22. CaelIo
    Nov 24, 2008
    The only game I have ever played that kept me coming back for more. I'd still be playing if I could find any decent servers.
  23. Lupus
    Sep 5, 2008
    One of the greatest MFPS of all time. It's more addictive than smoking, (quitted smoking, but not ET, lol) more fun than any other MFPS out there, even today after 6 years. Someone below is playing with bots that can snipe you with a pistol from 1km away, and rated it only 2. Play in the serious servers, with adult players and you can get upgrades normally. I've played COD and One of the greatest MFPS of all time. It's more addictive than smoking, (quitted smoking, but not ET, lol) more fun than any other MFPS out there, even today after 6 years. Someone below is playing with bots that can snipe you with a pistol from 1km away, and rated it only 2. Play in the serious servers, with adult players and you can get upgrades normally. I've played COD and BF series, Quake and Unreals, still none is so addictive. and it's FREE. Expand
  24. FrankD
    Aug 13, 2008
    Excellent game, teamwork is utilized well in the game, and the class based objectives adds that bit of thinking to the game that sets it above most run and gun shooters
  25. TilmanJ
    Aug 10, 2008
    In my opinion this is still the best online - shooter (apart from RtCW, which this is based on), for three reasons: 1) Very little limitations like slow movement, bobbing, recoil, weapon spread, instead you have fast movement and can strafe - jump like in most games with the quake 3 - engine, plus the weapons are very accurate from the hip, while you need three headshots for a kill. Thats In my opinion this is still the best online - shooter (apart from RtCW, which this is based on), for three reasons: 1) Very little limitations like slow movement, bobbing, recoil, weapon spread, instead you have fast movement and can strafe - jump like in most games with the quake 3 - engine, plus the weapons are very accurate from the hip, while you need three headshots for a kill. Thats both very fun and challenging, I prefer it to the simple "point & klick" or "spray & pray" of most modern shooters anytime. Nowhere else will you have such intense close combat duels, when you encounter an equally good player, while fragging n00bs is still more fun then in other shooters, because of the three headshots - thing. This also makes the random factor very small, since one lucky shot will not kill you. 2) The combination of objectives and classes creates a very tight teamplay and intense rounds, when both teams struggle to the last. 3) Infinite diversity, through the combination of the objective - oriented gameplay and thousands of custom maps. In one map you fight your way forward on two rolling trains ("trooptrain"), in another you have to escape with a tank through a bombed town ("xposed"), in a third map both teams fight on a gigantic basketball field and have to try to bring gold - boxes from the middle of the field via a jump - pad into the opponents basket ("golden dunk"). No game with 8 - 12 different gamemodes comes nowhere near that kind of diversity. A shame that for a lot of people "for free" equals "worthless", they don't know what they miss. I play this for four years now, and will play this for two more, by then the new "Wolfenstein" should be out, and if that isn't as good as W:ET, W:ET live might finally succeed W:ET. Gameplay is king, but if you can also have nice(r) graphics along with some other updates... Expand
  26. RyanL.
    Oct 11, 2007
    This game is absolutely amazing when it came out and still now. Baby J. is a complete idiot and needs to put things into perspective, you don't rate a game saying it was good when it came out but not now, you rate it for its release. the fact that so many people still play it proves just how amazing the game is. If there are too many good players on one team ask and usually they will This game is absolutely amazing when it came out and still now. Baby J. is a complete idiot and needs to put things into perspective, you don't rate a game saying it was good when it came out but not now, you rate it for its release. the fact that so many people still play it proves just how amazing the game is. If there are too many good players on one team ask and usually they will shuffle up. the modability and custom maps just add. two of the greatest current mods are True Combat: Elite [Modern CS:S setting total conversion] and NoQuarter [extention to current game with 9 levels to improve by rather than just 4]. If anyone wants a fair view of the game then the vote should be much nearer 9.9 not 9.6 because some idiot gave it a 2. Expand
  27. DanielS.
    Oct 4, 2007
    This game is amazing. I have been playing it ever since it came out and its still as fun as when I started. Because of all the maps and mods it hard to get into, but also make it feel like an entirely new game when you play one of the amazing custom maps.
  28. HubertF.
    Aug 25, 2007
    This is most definatley, the greatest FPS of all time, the only thing that can compete is Halo, but when you compare Longeveity, and Modability, Wolfenstien shines, whilst it might not be the most polished diamond, Free= Heck Yes! I love this game, this game has probably taken about a month of my life away, if you dont play this game, then you should, and if you dont like this game, then This is most definatley, the greatest FPS of all time, the only thing that can compete is Halo, but when you compare Longeveity, and Modability, Wolfenstien shines, whilst it might not be the most polished diamond, Free= Heck Yes! I love this game, this game has probably taken about a month of my life away, if you dont play this game, then you should, and if you dont like this game, then you have a mental disease. Expand
  29. QwertN
    Jun 16, 2007
    Overall this game is pretty good.Sometimes there can be a bit of interruption,hacking constent foul language but generaly the best online multiplayer game I've played.
  30. SaulN.
    Jan 20, 2007
    One of the best games. This game got me into hardcore online gaming and it will always be on my favorite games list!
  31. RyanH.
    Nov 16, 2006
    I stopped playing my Xbox and PS2 to play this and I am addictid to it.
  32. PhilK.
    Mar 26, 2006
    Best multiplayer FPS ever.
  33. JonW.
    Mar 25, 2006
    Absolute best online FPS there is. It's been around for years longer than others, with a huge user base.
  34. FattakinSkywalker
    Jan 10, 2006
    This game should br tried by anyone who enjoys online FPS. Its still rocks as hard as the day it was released. Its innovative and fun, consumes hours of your time and creates great friendhips. Dont worry about the die hard gamers, there are many serves out there that help new players. Just try it, its free!
  35. BabyJ.
    Sep 9, 2005
    Maybe this game was good years ago when it came out, but I can find no way to enjoy this game now as there are too many gameplay mechanics that favour experienced players. I haven't played extensively but I have played enough so that after each map my kills are greater than my deaths. Yet I still find this game frustrating.because on every server there are a few very experienced Maybe this game was good years ago when it came out, but I can find no way to enjoy this game now as there are too many gameplay mechanics that favour experienced players. I haven't played extensively but I have played enough so that after each map my kills are greater than my deaths. Yet I still find this game frustrating.because on every server there are a few very experienced players who make everyone else redundant (they are the ones with a few hundred xp while everyone else has less than 50). In the worst case these players are on the same team and it is only a matter of time before they are killing you repeatedly on the spawn point. There are unintuitive features like you can sniper an enemy from 200 yards with the default machine gun (the manual wrongly claims that they do less damage at long range) and medics have more health than soldiers (plus they regenerate and can heal themselves). Head shots from the default machine gun can kill any class in less than 0.5 seconds and the more you kill the more experience you get (more health, more ammo, less gun recoil, cheaper class powers, can see landmines, etc) - making the elite players even more powerful. Play this over the LAN with other newbies before heading onto the internet as a group, or you'll spend 90% of every game waiting to respawn while wondering if you're even hitting the enemy. Expand
  36. SpeedyJ.
    Apr 3, 2005
    This game is legendary and a lot of the new WW2 fps releases TRY to be too innovative and fail at the fun part, this game achieves the perfect balance between new features and simple, pure fun. Hopefully there will be a sequel (I don't keep my hopes up though).
  37. Gib*Yugo
    Feb 20, 2005
    Best game ever ... I am already in the Gib clan the worlds 2nd best clan and I was best player of the world in 2004 ... and I hope I this year to !
  38. Rageaholic
    Feb 7, 2005
    Free! This game is more fun and offers more hours of fun gameplay than most games you have to buy. Excellent balance and it actually encourages classes to play their roles. Well done!
  39. BigDuck
    Nov 20, 2004
    Perfect game for anyone who likes fast-paced fps games.
  40. BlakeH.
    Oct 2, 2004
    This game is awesome. I suggest it for anyone wo likes fps. I also suggest you to play shrub mod which makes your XP not reset!
  41. MattP.
    Aug 9, 2004
    Perfect, i wish i had broadband!
  42. Raev
    Jul 19, 2004
    Best Multiplayer fps game I ever seen.
  43. TrevorP.
    Jun 30, 2004
    Intense. Play it for long enough and you will be rewarded greatly. Relive what your grandparants and great grandparents had to go through... in a soldiers point of view... German and American...
  44. KaloianK.
    Jun 24, 2004
    This is the best game ever.
  45. RyanT.
    Feb 24, 2004
    This is the best game ever created and thats all there is. I play this game everyday and will continue to until the day I die.
  46. TheTwo
    Feb 17, 2004
    Believe it or not, it's much better than most games that cost money. The gameplay is fast n' furious, and the teams, classes, weapons and objectives are perfectly well balanced. The mod tools are now released, and soon the game will be invaded by new maps and mods, including the nice Urban Terror, which will pass from Quake 3 to this game. What are you waiting for? Try the game, Believe it or not, it's much better than most games that cost money. The gameplay is fast n' furious, and the teams, classes, weapons and objectives are perfectly well balanced. The mod tools are now released, and soon the game will be invaded by new maps and mods, including the nice Urban Terror, which will pass from Quake 3 to this game. What are you waiting for? Try the game, it just will cost you some time :) Expand
  47. CompnertB.
    Dec 19, 2003
    a truly good game .. and some players made new maps... awesome.
  48. WarrenB.
    Dec 16, 2003
    I am used to playing novlogic series of games, and found the gameplay much faster and less lag, and didnt believe at first that it was a free game, very good.
  49. DubravkoR.
    Nov 19, 2003
    I am an addict about this game! OVER AND OUT!
  50. ImaticsSoftwarePublishing
    Nov 13, 2003
    Most addictive and best game on the internet. Just can't get enough of it.
  51. BrandonW.
    Nov 10, 2003
    This game is better than america's army and all the other war games!!!! ;-) Me and all my friends play it together!!
  52. JonB.
    Nov 8, 2003
    Excellent, best game for along time, better the bf1942, i recommend this to any ww2 gamer! good luck and happy huntin!
  53. clay_pigeon
    Nov 5, 2003
    Extremely addictive and fun.
  54. Braineater
    Oct 27, 2003
    this game is good, come join the best clan for this game out there. http://www.138clan.tk is our web site. come help us wipe out all those who oppose us.
  55. [|T_C|]ALiEN
    Oct 24, 2003
    This game is war. If you feel stressed, angry, or just flat out bored, this game's for you. Beware! There are many clans in Enemy Territory! So for newbies, this game would be difficult. But for elite players, such as I and my clan members, this game is a breeze unless we come across another Allied Clan Force, such as the {E} clan. BUt if you don't want a butt spankin', do This game is war. If you feel stressed, angry, or just flat out bored, this game's for you. Beware! There are many clans in Enemy Territory! So for newbies, this game would be difficult. But for elite players, such as I and my clan members, this game is a breeze unless we come across another Allied Clan Force, such as the {E} clan. BUt if you don't want a butt spankin', do not try and even try in waging war against the Axis [|T_C|] clan. So far we have 3, and we are recruiting only the best. Good luck to ya'll, and remember STAY ALIVE!! Great game! Far superior than some cheap ole' Counter Strike. Now that game's for losers and newbies. Expand
  56. XeroG.
    Oct 14, 2003
    I can't say it's the best game ever, cause recently I've felt a little repetitiveness in it. But it's still a great game with the best covert ops I've ever had the pleasure of utilizing.
  57. AkiR.
    Oct 12, 2003
    This is way better that Half Life - Team Fortress and i like it!
  58. Macke
    Oct 7, 2003
    Í hardly doubt you can shoot so many times without killing the person in the reality, so the reality-factor is non. Otherwise, good game! Funny that you can heal yourself with the help of a medic, when your almost dead... hehe
  59. JustinM.
    Aug 29, 2003
    I love this game! Its free to download and play. Its better than other Shooters because you actually have a mission to accomplish and you cant complete a mission by yourself. Its just an Ace game that will keep you playing all night. As a newbie you will find it hard as everyone else knows what they're doing... but if you stick with it and start off being a medic you'll get the I love this game! Its free to download and play. Its better than other Shooters because you actually have a mission to accomplish and you cant complete a mission by yourself. Its just an Ace game that will keep you playing all night. As a newbie you will find it hard as everyone else knows what they're doing... but if you stick with it and start off being a medic you'll get the hang of it. Expand
  60. Spongebobsquarepants
    Aug 3, 2003
    Very nice multiplayer game with objectives and my favorite multiplayer game.
  61. RADUG.
    Aug 1, 2003
    Best game ever !!!!!!
  62. RaMKnoT!BoiKoT!
    Jul 29, 2003
    Yeh blah blah adictive blah blah but!!! the sniper guns!! they neeed to work on that no human has that kind of terrible hand pulse i personaly like to snipe and well :s u kant really do this here u just die and die and die but its great just work on the damn snipers!!!!
  63. Jorda
    Jul 28, 2003
    ROCKS !
    Jul 13, 2003
    Great game very addictive.
  65. SuperiorMutha
    Jul 13, 2003
    Gr8 game. Can't say much about it, just install it and try it. Must return to play it again and again (very highly addictive).
  66. HenrikB.
    Jul 11, 2003
    I like the idea of a really fast shooting game..and i really like the idae that it is FREE ! :-)...i think the graphic is nice ( could be a little better ) the sound is extremly good! and the ping is good..alot of good serveres out there....1 big mistake! they havent made a practice or a single player part so you kinda could learn the game before you go out on the field..big mistake!...butI like the idea of a really fast shooting game..and i really like the idae that it is FREE ! :-)...i think the graphic is nice ( could be a little better ) the sound is extremly good! and the ping is good..alot of good serveres out there....1 big mistake! they havent made a practice or a single player part so you kinda could learn the game before you go out on the field..big mistake!...but after all this game i now play insted of battlefield 1942 and MOH:AA ( medal of honor: allied assult ) and i give it 10..it should have 13 ;) Expand
  67. RyanB.
    Jul 7, 2003
    Next to Return To Castle Wolfenstein, this is the best first person shooter multiplayer game I've played yet. Only 2nd to RTCW because of map limitations. It't not hard to play this game 3 or 4 hours without blinking an eye because it's so captivating. I give it a 10!!!
  68. GUEST
    Jun 19, 2003
    EXCELLENT GAME!!!! WELL WORTH THE PRICE (FREE LOL) LONG MAY IT CONTINUE! LOAD THIS GAME!!!!!!!
  69. TylerDurden
    Jun 15, 2003
    This game is AWESOME, has like aRPG style to it, how u can gain levels and SKILLS, new weapons, ranks etc. as u help ur team in this FPS!!! many new and cool guns, like the mortar and mobile mg42, gfx are good, like RTCW, new cool clases, a SPY class can dress in a enemies uniform quite like TFC's spy....this game is totally better than RTCW and its free, and the campaign 1-3 missionsThis game is AWESOME, has like aRPG style to it, how u can gain levels and SKILLS, new weapons, ranks etc. as u help ur team in this FPS!!! many new and cool guns, like the mortar and mobile mg42, gfx are good, like RTCW, new cool clases, a SPY class can dress in a enemies uniform quite like TFC's spy....this game is totally better than RTCW and its free, and the campaign 1-3 missions are good coz u can keep ur experience/level/new weapons.. and build it when the map switches.....!! Expand
  70. TylerDurden
    Jun 15, 2003
  71. Aug 23, 2012

1. PC Gamer
    Its complicated missions and gameplay mechanics make Enemy somewhat time-consuming for newcomers to pick up, but the benefits are worth the effort. [Sept 2003, p.79]
  2. The first multiplayer game to make me completely abandon "Battlefield." In fact I haven’t played a multiplayer shooter so much since "Quake" and "Tribes."
    The negatives of Enemy Territory are overwhelmed by so many positives in terms of fluidity, solidity, value, graphics (same Wolf coolness but it can look a little old), and good to decent to non-present sound, that it's pretty much undeniable for what it is, free, new, fun.