Return to Castle Wolfenstein PC

8.7

1. WilliamT.
    Nov 9, 2007
    A good plot, many weapons, non-stop action, great multiplayer. The only thing that falls down a bit is the singleplayer. Good at the start, but the fun factor starts to slowly deteriorate after. Worth the time and money.
  2. Dec 20, 2011
    Boring graphics, boring story plot, its makes me wonder if the developers thought the game was boring and out an equal amount of effort into it. If you see Return to Castle Wolfenstein on sale for $5 or $10, it might be worth buying.
  3. Dec 28, 2015
    This is one of those games where the developer had big ideas and tried to re ignite the franchise of the Grandfather of all FPS. Sadly they did not do too well at that aspect. I bought the game way back when it had collectors tins and was actually looking forwards to killing Nazi's in a more up to date game. What a massive disappointment this game was.

The entire plot makes little to no

The entire plot makes little to no sense the sections with zombie's and the traps where more of an annoyance and the stupid Nazi babe's who are in the game who are turned into vile zombies as well are just eye candy the developer clearly at the time was looking at fetish sites that cater for rich and perverted old men who like nothing better than hot girls dressed in the uniforms of a regime that to all intents and purposes a true evil.

I am not saying the game has to be realistic but things such as this are jarring and have no place in the kind of understanding of that regime we have today. It was rushed poorly put together the AI at times is stupid that you feel it's just taking the proverbial and yes there are random guard spawns in areas you cleared if you do not keep your wits about you they will pick you off with ease.

This game is a clear 5 by me why because the developer tried too hard to put the originals ideas into a modern FPS and that won't work. They come from a different era. And making female Nazi's who are sexually attractive is also fairly disturbing.

1. PC Gamer
    It took the core aspects of every good shooter, and made them great. [Jan 2002, p.64]
  2. The graphics are stunning. I can honestly say this one area where this game leaves all the rest in the dust.
    You’ll be glad to know that the flamethrower isn’t the only great weapon at your disposal. The venom, which is a devastatingly powerful chain-gun, is one of the most amazing guns I’ve ever had the pleasure to handle in a video game.