Reus PC

7.3

1. May 22, 2013
    A deceptively simple looking god game. Capable of being as simplistic or in-depth as you want to play. There are plenty of challenges/achievements to pursue for unlocks that enhance the game. The music is nice, but very short and not as varied, graphics are simple but fitting to the game play/style.

Two main complaints would be the lack of ability to control time(lots of waiting in the later stages of the game) and the inability to effect construction without being severely penalized. Extra content/environments, and a little tweaking of the giants' abilities would serve this game well. But overall a fun experience, especially for the price.
  2. Jun 8, 2013
    Reus is really not a "god game" in the conventional sense. It's more like a real-time puzzle-oriented city builder I guess that's a mouthful, though). The mechanics in the game are pretty well-fleshed-out, and you're sometimes expected to make fairly heavy choices (for example, whether or not to annihilate a civilization to appease another for the sake of "progress," or whether or not toReus is really not a "god game" in the conventional sense. It's more like a real-time puzzle-oriented city builder I guess that's a mouthful, though). The mechanics in the game are pretty well-fleshed-out, and you're sometimes expected to make fairly heavy choices (for example, whether or not to annihilate a civilization to appease another for the sake of "progress," or whether or not to burn militaristic villages to the ground because you were careless or had unfavorably favorable building bonuses dropped on you). However, the game remains fairly cartoony and ultimately a bit shallow, as far as narrative goes. I would've loved to see the devs delve deeper into some of the issues they bring out through mechanics and very limited "story," but this isn't done. The narrative, thus, is ineffective and left by the wayside but that's okay, because it's a casual game with a casual-game pricetag. It's a fun game with enough content to probably get you through a few hours before peaking. For the developer, this game is a diving board, and insofar as creating a fun game and interest in the devs' future work, I can't wait to see what comes next, "god game" or not, and I'm glad they're not going to be just another phone game developer. Expand
  3. Jul 24, 2013
    The learning curve in Reus is nice and smooth since the basic mechanics are quite simple (and nicely explained in the tutorials) but they also scale up really well. You might be a little underwhelmed at first, but by the time you're managing three villages at the same time, trying to figure out the most effective synergies of elements, it gets quite complex and engrossing. The realThe learning curve in Reus is nice and smooth since the basic mechanics are quite simple (and nicely explained in the tutorials) but they also scale up really well. You might be a little underwhelmed at first, but by the time you're managing three villages at the same time, trying to figure out the most effective synergies of elements, it gets quite complex and engrossing. The real strength of the game are the combinations of challenges: this village needs X food and Y tech using at least three plants, but you also want to avoid minerals to unlock a new gameplay element, and so on. It's really fun and surprisingly addictive. Expand
  4. Jul 30, 2013
    A fun game and interesting concept. The campaign mode needs a bit of work, but it is an easy "no commitment" game that you can hop in and out of playing.
  5. Jul 28, 2013
    Saw this during the Steam Sale and said "WTF is this." Rolled the dice and was massively impressed. Basically, you play the part of the planet. You're totally barren and unable to sustain life. You control 4 different giants who all have different abilities. Your goal is to make the world liveable and grow the cities as big as you can (racking up the city and world score). Every city willSaw this during the Steam Sale and said "WTF is this." Rolled the dice and was massively impressed. Basically, you play the part of the planet. You're totally barren and unable to sustain life. You control 4 different giants who all have different abilities. Your goal is to make the world liveable and grow the cities as big as you can (racking up the city and world score). Every city will produce a semi random special work with certain requirements. Upon completion, you get an ambassador to upgrade your giants skills/unlock new abilities. This is the real key to the game as higher level project require much more resources which cannot be obtained without upgrading resources (which start out locked and are unlocked by completing various achievements).

The challenge kicks in late in the game from the greed mechanic. When a city has more than 20 of any unused resource (threshold can be raised/lowered by various things like projects, awe, and danger) they gain greed. Too much greed and they'll start attacking other cities and even your giants. Late game they will start work on projects that give cities up to 500 unused resources (bigger gap faster greed accumulation). Losing a city can massively set back your score and cost you valuable achievements. The game is a balancing act of managing multiple cities and their needs while striving for ambassadors without letting the humans kill each other.

My one complaint comes from the 2 hour game mode (needed to unlock a lot of the high end achievements/resources). If you're really striving for absurd scores to get the best resources unlocked quickly, you spend a ton of time pausing and issuing orders to ensure you're maximizing building in the time limit. This can easily result in 4-5 games that I honestly found far less fun than the 30 & 60 min game modes.
  6. Jul 23, 2013
    Reus is a sim game where you control four giants capable of terraforming the planet to make it a place where human villages can thrive. But, if you give them too much, they may turn against each other or against you. Each time you play, your progress will allow you to build bigger, better things the next time around.

I love these types of sim games, and I've had a ton of fun with Reus.

I love these types of sim games, and I've had a ton of fun with Reus. I love trying to figure out the best way to give my village as much food as possible so they can build the next upgrade in the small amount of space they have. There are many ways to go about playing, and lots of viable strategies. Greed can make the game tough at times, though, because some of the villages will gain greed without provocation and start burning other villages down, which gets annoying at times.

The graphics are simple and colorful, and they do their job well. The sound and music are fine. The game controls fairly well. My biggest criticism against this game is that the tech tree is pretty complex, and there's no way to pull up a map of it inside the game.

If you like sim games or slower-paced strategy games, Reus is definitely worth buying.
  7. Oct 4, 2013
    Honestly, it's a great game for what it is--just don't go in with super high expectations along the lines of 'best god game of all time'. It's an indie game at a cheap price, so don't assume any significant depth like Black & White or Spore. However, it's a fun god-game with a fairly good amount of replay value. Trying to get the unlocks and advancing your villages is satisfying andHonestly, it's a great game for what it is--just don't go in with super high expectations along the lines of 'best god game of all time'. It's an indie game at a cheap price, so don't assume any significant depth like Black & White or Spore. However, it's a fun god-game with a fairly good amount of replay value. Trying to get the unlocks and advancing your villages is satisfying and gives you a sense of purpose. I've already spent many hours trying out different combinations of plants, animals, and minerals with the different gods.

Got it for 5 bucks on a steam sale and I don't regret it for a second.
  8. May 21, 2013
    This is a game you keep playing even if you alreaddy "completed" it. You can allways set your self a new challenge and this is how I hope "Godus" will feel like playing.
    Highly recomend even if you are not the biggest fan of God-simulations. This is worth playing.
    I love the style and gameplay mecanism, but it NEEDS a bigger Planet and more time for the difrent eras
  9. Jul 7, 2014
    Although it does suffer from a lack of content it succeeds in being what it is. A relaxing, well designed and simple game for a cheap price.
    You can't really complain.
  10. Oct 8, 2013
    Reus is part puzzle, part God game. It combines a very nice aesthetic with good gameplay and a good learning curve, though at a certain point the difficulty ramps up and I've found myself stuck.

This game has a lot of depth. You start with four giants and need to manage their abilities to develop cities on your planet. These cities grow depending on the resources you provide give the people fruits, and farming communities will develop. Give them animals and hunting or luxury communities will spring up. If you give the people too many resources at once, they get greedy and might attack nearby settlements or even the gods.

The real fun of Reus comes as you begin to understand some 'ecosystem' intricacies and how they relate to the great projects your settlements begin to develop. Some settlement's great projects even demand the destruction of another settlement, so you have to manage both resources and your people's happiness, while making sure that once a town is destroyed the group that did it won't go on a rampage.

Once these projects are completed you'll get an ambassador that unlocks certain abilities in your gods. Completing a farming project means you get a forest ambassador, for example, which grants benefits to each of the four giants. It's your choice on which giants get which ambassadors, and these choices determine which of the later, larger projects you can complete some require a lot of swamp ambassadors, while others require a few desert, etc.

Reus is difficult, but rewarding. You 'win' by getting in-game achievements based on how many resources your people have in production. It's intuitive enough to get you through the first settings (30- 60-minute worlds), but in longer games you need to be active and constantly improve and expand the resources around the settlements.

The drawbacks are games can be very difficult at the later stages, and it forces the player to really focus on one achievement. When the game is set to last 120 minutes this can get pretty frustrating. Still, the music and graphics are done well, as is the gameplay itself, so it rarely feels like a slog.

I've put in 35 hours so far and paid $10 for it on sale, and I'd be happy paying the full $20 for it. Well worth the price.
  11. Nov 19, 2013
    "Hmmm... another city, colony, or civilization management simulator..." this was the first thought about Reus. Well, that thought turned out to be wrong. I was skeptical at first, but soon enough Reus turned out to be one hell of a pleasant surprise!

While the game might look simplistic, childish or even shallow, because of the colorful visuals and the concept of giants ruling the world, I promise you this is not the case. Being a Civilization series veteran, I'm used to deep and complex games. While Reus might not compare with Civilization 5 or other games on that subject, it definitely provides a sophisticated enough mechanism to keep people like me interested, at least so far.

The idea in the game is to contribute to the development of the colonies by supplying resources and improvements, mainly plants, animals and minerals of different sorts. But in order to unlock the better, more advanced resources and improvements (called "aspects" in-game), you must explore and use the more basic options, or you can't progress and reach the advanced stuff. Needless to say, I guess, that the more advanced your giants are, the bigger and more prosperous colonies they can sustain, support and control. ...yes, control. Sometimes a colony gets greedy and arrogant and attacks your giants, and needs a good kick in the ass. In some cases it's even necessary to destroy a colony, if it looks hopeless.

Also, the humans in the colonies will try and develop projects of different sorts, and you're supposed to help them meet the required criteria (if you want that project to succeed). The trick is to choose the optimal combination of resources to supply to the colony, factoring in the resource's position, its level, and the level of synergy it might or might not have with other resources nearby, plus the project's criteria, of course. So far, most projects need specific amounts of either food, wealth or technology or any combination of them. Some projects, though, will also require one or more unusual conditions, such as winning a war with another colony or having another colony completely destroyed (either by going to war or by "divine intervention").

There are more aspects to the game, some of which I don't fully understand myself yet, but I promise to update if I feel l learn something important enough. For one, you have time limits, both for the "Era" type of game (what I've been playing so far) and for the projects. Obviously, it complicates things.

Anyway, to summarize this this game is way more complex and rewarding than it seems, or at least more than it seemed to me at first. If you like strategy and colony management, get it, definitely worth it!
  12. May 21, 2013
    This is a game that dares to be different. Did it pan out? Yes, very much so! It defines itself as a "god-game", but it's not quite like conventional god games. Where in black and white you could still directly interact with the real world, Reus offers no such option. All interactions with the world are done through controlling your giants (The "Reuzen"). Some people react negatively toThis is a game that dares to be different. Did it pan out? Yes, very much so! It defines itself as a "god-game", but it's not quite like conventional god games. Where in black and white you could still directly interact with the real world, Reus offers no such option. All interactions with the world are done through controlling your giants (The "Reuzen"). Some people react negatively to this difference, but it's actually quite refreshing. This game is not a high action game, but more one of careful planning and discovery. If that's not your thing, this game is not for you.

It's quite clear that a *lot* of time was spent on this by a talented game designer. The mechanics are not quite anything I've come across and are consistent with each other (which, in the era of minigames is a rarity).

All that being said; The graphics are decent, with an excellent distinctive style. The game does feel as if it could work better on a Tablet, but with the current price tag (Low for a PC game, but high for a tablet game) I can understand the decision.

The only problem that I have with the game is that a lot of the options are locked in the first playtroughs of the game. This forces you to play the game over and over again, with only little changes every playtrough. I'd much rather see all the options being open at the start and letting users find all the options by themselves (and there are a *lot* of options!)
  13. May 24, 2013
    i would consider myself a lazy person so i rarely write reviews but when it comes to this game i think the developers deserve it. i just can't understand why on earth there are some guys giving this game a 1/10 rating, coming up with lousy arguments (to shallow, no content)

as a ux-designer i have my very own little issues with this game (zooming is itchy, time-speed-up is missing etc.) but all in all this is a absolute remarkable game (especially considering it's abby game's first)

the art style (despite or even because "just 2D") fits nicely and is unique on can feel the love that has gone into it. game mechanics are good and it's NOT a game you dismiss after 30 mins of playing (and boy i own a lot of these ...)

i especially like the fact that you are never in direct control of any human or what they are going to do next (maybe even go crazy an go out for a god-hunt silly little ignorants :)

for me this a really nice metaphor on real life, and anyone complaining that therefore "this is not a true god game": i dare you to show me where the heck (any) god has directly intervened ever.

normally i would give it a 9/10 (just because of the interface issues) but the +1 is for all the flame-reviews which i think this game has not deserved.
  14. May 19, 2013
    A really fun god game that is quite polished out of the "box" (it is a digital game) which is nice to see as so many games (especially AAA titles) come broken and need lots of fixing. This game is reasonably easy to pick up and hard to master which I like a lot. it has many aspects to it and picks up on the god genre which has not been developed much. For 10 dollars you are going to getA really fun god game that is quite polished out of the "box" (it is a digital game) which is nice to see as so many games (especially AAA titles) come broken and need lots of fixing. This game is reasonably easy to pick up and hard to master which I like a lot. it has many aspects to it and picks up on the god genre which has not been developed much. For 10 dollars you are going to get more fun and a lot more play time than most of the 60 dollar "AAA" titles out there. It seems like for the people who want to keep it simple they can and for the people who want to go more in depth and unlock everything there is enough content to keep most of us going for a while. The devs also said that if they game is popular enough (thus allowing them to work on the game more) they will be adding more to it so I really hope people take the plunge and play this awesome 10 dollar game. It is so crazy how it seems lately that 10 dollar indie games just wipe the floor with 60 dollar "AAA" games.

tl;dr Fun, polished indie game that gives depth and great bang for the buck buy it and have tons of fun!
  15. May 20, 2013
    Really nice game, at first i was a bit sceptical about its depth, but after playing some time i still can't get enough of it. There is always something else to unlock and the later developments are quite challenging.
  16. May 20, 2013
    I've seen few games where you get to be god... This is one of the rare games you get to be a god, It also has some puzzle elements to it which are nice. The game is good if you are patient, But it should be on a mobile device instead of the PC. The game is falling a bit short on things that it could do like adding more giants, more land, more types of people and more options to do things.I've seen few games where you get to be god... This is one of the rare games you get to be a god, It also has some puzzle elements to it which are nice. The game is good if you are patient, But it should be on a mobile device instead of the PC. The game is falling a bit short on things that it could do like adding more giants, more land, more types of people and more options to do things. If they where going to make a second game for the PC They most likely should make it 3D that way it feels more like a game that would be on the PC... But really the only thing I didn't like is the damned desert people, they are crazy greedy and attack everything! Expand
  17. May 22, 2013
    This game is arguably a strategy/puzzle game. The "god" aspect of the game comes from you using four giants to manipulate a world to try and help cities of people accomplish their goals creating buildings which require a certain amount of resources being available to them. The challenge comes by requiring you to use your giants (whose abilities synergise) to make enough resourcesThis game is arguably a strategy/puzzle game. The "god" aspect of the game comes from you using four giants to manipulate a world to try and help cities of people accomplish their goals creating buildings which require a certain amount of resources being available to them. The challenge comes by requiring you to use your giants (whose abilities synergise) to make enough resources available in a limited amount of space and time. This requires planning in placement, and planning in deciding which of your giants get additional abilities upgraded along the way to meet these criteria. Additionally, if you grow your cities too fast, then the inhabitants will become greedy and start trying to destroy neighbouring cities, which usually runs against your objectives. The gameplay is simple to pick up but takes time to learn and master. It may appear superficial and shallow at the beginning but the complexity really starts to stack up as you progress through the game.

The presentation of this game through the art and music is admittedly what drew me into this game and I think that it delivers in this area. The music is laid back and calming (unless cities are trying to destroy each other) and the art style I believe is well suited for what the game is trying to do. Through the art and game mechanics, the game did engage me on an emotional level a lot more than I was expecting it to, however this is something subjective to me and may not hold true for other players.
    The overall sense I got from the game is that the devs genuinely cared about this project and put a lot of effort and soul into it.
    TLDR: A well presented game with original and enjoyable strategy/puzzle mechanics (simple to learn and hard to master) and an art-style that engaged me as a player.
  18. May 21, 2013
    Afraid it would be shallow and bore soon like many other indie games Abbey Games managed to make a challenging and addictive god game that kept me up into the night.

Reus' recipe is daring and innovative; Black & White god creatures, the Settler's supply chain system and FarmVille's farming. Put them in a blender, mix until little is left of those original ingredients and you'll find this low budget shake will be delicious.
  19. May 19, 2013
    This game is a great deal for $9.99. Because the game limits what you can do in the first age, it feels kind of limited. However, once you start unlocking the upgrades, it becoming a lot more obvious the crazy amount of depth there is here. I am looking forward to more from this company.
  20. May 17, 2013
    A really nice polished god games. Were you control four giants and have to help the humans out and sometimes destroy them. The graphic and music has a casual feeling to it, which is not a bad thing, since it fit's the game very well. The game-play starts out small, but just you wait. When you get farther into the game the difficulty will scale as well since new options are added and thereA really nice polished god games. Were you control four giants and have to help the humans out and sometimes destroy them. The graphic and music has a casual feeling to it, which is not a bad thing, since it fit's the game very well. The game-play starts out small, but just you wait. When you get farther into the game the difficulty will scale as well since new options are added and there are more things you will have to control and keep an eye on. And it's just 10$. Expand
  21. May 18, 2013
    Although 2D and cartoony this title literally reinvents genre of god games. Heart and vision of its authors shines courageously through it. That's what I appreciate the most in ANY game.
  22. May 18, 2013
    Would rank 3nd in my funnest indie game played after Minecraft then Don't Starve, Reus, a game where you can control giants to terraform [shape] the planet and help civilisation build up things. You have a 30 minute timer where you can unlock 60 minutes and 120 minutes to gain achievements! There is also a freeplay mode where you can play forever except you won't unlock new achievements.Would rank 3nd in my funnest indie game played after Minecraft then Don't Starve, Reus, a game where you can control giants to terraform [shape] the planet and help civilisation build up things. You have a 30 minute timer where you can unlock 60 minutes and 120 minutes to gain achievements! There is also a freeplay mode where you can play forever except you won't unlock new achievements. All in all I would recommend this game to all is at is very fun to play. Expand
  23. May 19, 2013
    Reus is a true gem of a game. You play as the god of a planet and effectively terriform this world with the help of 4 adorably calm guardians who each take on the aspect of nature. As you do so mankind settles and you and your guardians try to help mankind florish. The mechanics of terraforming are streamlined and sophisticated making it a joy to engage with. However the beauty of the gameReus is a true gem of a game. You play as the god of a planet and effectively terriform this world with the help of 4 adorably calm guardians who each take on the aspect of nature. As you do so mankind settles and you and your guardians try to help mankind florish. The mechanics of terraforming are streamlined and sophisticated making it a joy to engage with. However the beauty of the game is in its styling. Calming music, gentle guardians and the act of growing nature settle you deeply into the role of caretaker of this planet, offering a uniquely soothing gameplay. I'm a big fan. Expand
  24. Feb 3, 2014
    I love this game, I love everything about it, its colors, its gameplay, its menu, the concept... everything. For those of you looking for that indie gem that will captivate you for hours, this is it.
  25. May 21, 2013
    Reus is something very fresh not only because it's trying to revive the godgame genre but also because it unites so much more genres.
    It has parts of Puzzle, Sandbox, Strategy but also Godgame. The graphics were (according to the developer) inspired by Indie-Hit The Binding of Isaac and the music is selfcomposed just for this game and you can really hear that. The sound fits and it improves the atmosphere you have when trying to control these "punny humans" with your neary allmighty giants.
  26. May 18, 2013
    Very good god game! When you start playing, this might look like a simple game: however, Reus has a lot of strategy and depth in it. Makes you want to experiment with the symbioses and transmutations. The art is great and has lots of details the little people and animals are very cute. It's only $9,99 so I recommend to pick it up and try for yourself!
  27. May 19, 2013
    A load of fun, and really calls to my inner child with the giants. :D It feels almost like a dream I might have had. The gameplay is actually quite difficult and i find myself thinking about methods and tricks to get higher prosperity. As you continue to understand the game more and more, it becomes more rewarding. Love it. Stylish, and casual yet rewarding in a way that a brainless gameA load of fun, and really calls to my inner child with the giants. :D It feels almost like a dream I might have had. The gameplay is actually quite difficult and i find myself thinking about methods and tricks to get higher prosperity. As you continue to understand the game more and more, it becomes more rewarding. Love it. Stylish, and casual yet rewarding in a way that a brainless game like Bejeweled, peggle, or Zuma cannot approach. Expand
  28. May 17, 2013
    If you like god games, this is a rare gem. Its casual looks might make you think it's gameplay is equally casual. It's not. Reus sports tremendous depth and will keep you glued to the screen for hours on end. To top all that: it's just 10 bucks! No-brainer.
  29. Jan 12, 2014
    Reus is such a well-designed game! There are three tutorials which go by quickly, teach you everything you need to know about the game without being heavy handed, and are quite fun. Then you're launched into the real game. At first, you can only play 30-minute sessions, but as you play, you unlock the ability to play 60-minute, then 120-minute sessions. Even after the tutorials, there areReus is such a well-designed game! There are three tutorials which go by quickly, teach you everything you need to know about the game without being heavy handed, and are quite fun. Then you're launched into the real game. At first, you can only play 30-minute sessions, but as you play, you unlock the ability to play 60-minute, then 120-minute sessions. Even after the tutorials, there are loads of things to unlock (which you unlock by trying different styles of play) and tons of things to learn. The game is very good about encouraging experimentation. Even the tutorials will say things like, "Experiment with X," so you learn without losing any sense of exploration or control.

The in-game achievements each correspond to a Steam achievement, and they all encourage different play styles. One might be, "End an era with only one village," and another might be, "End the game with six co-existant villages." If you get both of these achievements, you have played two very different games.

It's hard to explain what makes the game so fun. However, I know half the fun is in learning the game for yourself, so I won't try to spoil that for you. If you're looking for a short-ish game with infinite replay value, Reus is for you.
  30. May 26, 2013
    An entertaining god game. I played 22 hours, over one week, playing the game and got all the way to the third level of challenges. The early mix of creation and evolution of the villages is very rewarding. The first level of challenges are easy and the second level of challenges are fun to achieve. I feel that the third level of challenges are just tedious to get to. That's when I stoppedAn entertaining god game. I played 22 hours, over one week, playing the game and got all the way to the third level of challenges. The early mix of creation and evolution of the villages is very rewarding. The first level of challenges are easy and the second level of challenges are fun to achieve. I feel that the third level of challenges are just tedious to get to. That's when I stopped playing. It is definitely worth 9 CAD. The game shows a good amount of potential, so I'm looking forward to a sequel. Expand
  31. May 26, 2013
    I just love the art-style of this game, the Giants and the world (when you zoom in) look very nice, when i was playing the game for a while i learned that it has much more depth then i tought at first. terraforming the planet with your Giants makes it an god/puzzle/management game, the purpose of the game is finding the optimal combination of resources to put in a certain area. TheI just love the art-style of this game, the Giants and the world (when you zoom in) look very nice, when i was playing the game for a while i learned that it has much more depth then i tought at first. terraforming the planet with your Giants makes it an god/puzzle/management game, the purpose of the game is finding the optimal combination of resources to put in a certain area. The different "level's" are just a time-limit (at first 30 min), within this time you have to achieve as many goals as possible, this is my only concern with te game in normally don't like time driven games but after playing Reus for a few ours i certainally gonna play this game much more.

I think Reus is one of indy games with the most value for your money, only €10 to get hours of gameplay!
  32. May 26, 2013
    I never saw entire trailer-after first seconds I had to buy it. Melancholic gameplay and polished audiovideo make atmosphere for wine nights. Game is very simple with few mechanics which are hard to find for first.
  33. Jan 9, 2014
    A very enjoyable puzzle/god game. It manages to blend casual atmosphere and a surprising degree of strategy together seamlessly, while still remaining fun to play. The look and feel of the game is lovely. Reus manages to be both a challenging and relaxing experience simultaneously, and I recommend it highly.
  34. Oct 9, 2014
    Reus is a 2D God game where you control up to 4 Gods. You change the planed to make people settle and build civilisations. If you give a civilisation to much care they will become greedy and attack you or other civilisations. If you care about them to little they won´t progress or die out. It´s a very interesting and aspect of a management game and represents the human nature. Added a veryReus is a 2D God game where you control up to 4 Gods. You change the planed to make people settle and build civilisations. If you give a civilisation to much care they will become greedy and attack you or other civilisations. If you care about them to little they won´t progress or die out. It´s a very interesting and aspect of a management game and represents the human nature. Added a very nice unique Art style and you have a very brilliant looking God Game. Expand
  35. Nov 19, 2013

1. Dec 16, 2013
    An interesting experiment, Reus is more a puzzle than a god-game. That might turn off some genre aficionados, but doesn't make it a bad game, far from it. If you can appreciate its hidden complexity and peculiar mechanics, Reus will definitely capture you.
  2. Aug 16, 2013
    But the world simulation isn't particularly deep either, and juggling resources makes you feel more like a manager than a god. [Oct 2013, p.65]
  3. Aug 6, 2013
    Reus is a math puzzle dressed as a god sim. Do not mistake it for a laid-back economic strategy game - playing Reus is never a relaxing experience. It is too bad that some of the challenges crop up because of the poorly-designed UI.