Richard & Alice PC

6.8

1. Nov 19, 2013
    Richard & Alice has a great mature plot but the short game length, basic puzzles and primitive graphics holds the game back. Definitely worth a look if you can get it cheap though and another good example of the AGS engine's capabilities.
  2. Mar 8, 2015
    Richard and Alice is quite an unique game that I'm very happy to have played. In the game, the planet has been introduced to a second ice age. Snowing is constant. People form gangs. People loot, kill and rob. We follow the story of Richard and Alice, two people who are trapped in jail and who want to escape. The gameplay consists of either controlling Richard during the escape, and AliceRichard and Alice is quite an unique game that I'm very happy to have played. In the game, the planet has been introduced to a second ice age. Snowing is constant. People form gangs. People loot, kill and rob. We follow the story of Richard and Alice, two people who are trapped in jail and who want to escape. The gameplay consists of either controlling Richard during the escape, and Alice during her flashbacks of her backstory and her son, Barney.
    Some people believe that the graphics are primitive, but in my opinion, I kinda enjoy the pixelated, simplistic look. I thought that the puzzles were decent enough. And plus, there are five available different endings to discover! What's more intriguing is that a single tiny difference in the way you play can totally change the outcome. It also comes with some emotional baggage!
    To summarize, Richard and Alice is a great game everybody should try. It's unique and despite short-length, it surely delivers a great story. Too bad people are so negative about this game.

1. Oct 2, 2014
    In a game that brings a little of the very best of retro point and click gaming nostalgia and also some of it's worst, only a decent narrative and a big plot twist can save Richard and Alice from a far worse fate than living in an ice world.
  2. Jul 7, 2014
    There's some strong writing in Richard & Alice, and a little bit of intrigue in the way the story's various threads wind their way back together. But when the game fails to convince us of its own high stakes, its Cormac McCarthyism loses its gloomy appeal.
  3. Jun 3, 2014
    Anybody interested in games with a narrative focus simply must give Richard & Alice a shot.