7.3

1. Mar 1, 2011
    Excellent and extremely diverse class system. The world isn't stale like you find in many other MMOs. I've routinely had a goal in mind and been pulled into the world events. I am a casual player and I like it a lot more than WoW. I always hate to make that comparison, but it needs to be made. The only downside I can specify right now is that the server gets laggy during largerExcellent and extremely diverse class system. The world isn't stale like you find in many other MMOs. I've routinely had a goal in mind and been pulled into the world events. I am a casual player and I like it a lot more than WoW. I always hate to make that comparison, but it needs to be made. The only downside I can specify right now is that the server gets laggy during larger events. However, I suppose this will be refined as this game develops. There are a lot of people playing which is a plus and most seem to really like the game. I'd also like to state that the game seems to be quite a bit more challenging on the PvE side of the fence which I personally like. Overall this game is quite impressive. A must buy for any MMO fan. Expand
  2. Mar 1, 2011
    Rift is an excellent first mmo for anyone and a nice relief for WoW veterans. the class system is creative and lets you make a ton of different combinations. the rifts are a nice touch and to tell you the truth i didnt think i would care much for them. the rifts add a sense of urgency and unity in the community and offer decent rewards. the graphics in and outside of rifts areRift is an excellent first mmo for anyone and a nice relief for WoW veterans. the class system is creative and lets you make a ton of different combinations. the rifts are a nice touch and to tell you the truth i didnt think i would care much for them. the rifts add a sense of urgency and unity in the community and offer decent rewards. the graphics in and outside of rifts are just short of top notch. extremely tiny bits of lags but other than that no technical problems to speak of. I highly recommend this game to anyone who wants all the good of a traditional mmo with a twist for fun Expand
  3. Mar 1, 2011
    Yes, this game is a lot like Everquest, World of Warcraft and Warhammer--but in a good way. It takes the best of those games and combines them into a highly-polished package. The multi-soul system is an improvement on WoW's talent tree; rifts themselves are an improvement on WAR's public quests. It has its completely unique features as well; rifts can spawn zone-wide invasions whichYes, this game is a lot like Everquest, World of Warcraft and Warhammer--but in a good way. It takes the best of those games and combines them into a highly-polished package. The multi-soul system is an improvement on WoW's talent tree; rifts themselves are an improvement on WAR's public quests. It has its completely unique features as well; rifts can spawn zone-wide invasions which require players to fight off hordes of monsters from other planes. Above all, though, Rift is polished to a level above any MMO released in years. All of the features you expect are here, and they're all well-executed. There's an auction house; public grouping; guilds (with advancement); even twitter integration. The client is stable and performs well, even during zone-wide invasions with hundreds of nearby players and monsters. The servers have been extremely stable during beta and head-start.

Not everyone is going to love Rift or abandon their current MMO. But if you're tired of WoW or disappointed by Warhammer, there's a good chance Rift has what you're looking for.
  4. Mar 1, 2011
    I have been playing Rift since its head-start, and I must admit that I've had the best first week experience ever. Servers have been smooth. Updates were done when necessary, addressing issues reported as soon as possible. Leveling has been interesting, although traditional and linear. Graphics look great even on my old computer. Quite a lot of people are playing it, so no shortage ofI have been playing Rift since its head-start, and I must admit that I've had the best first week experience ever. Servers have been smooth. Updates were done when necessary, addressing issues reported as soon as possible. Leveling has been interesting, although traditional and linear. Graphics look great even on my old computer. Quite a lot of people are playing it, so no shortage of players. However, three things really stood out. First, the whole class system is truly a work of genius. I love how I can mix and match my souls to experiment with different specs. There is no cookie-cutter build, and the strength of a character is determined by the skills of a player, not by whether she or he avidly followed someone else's guideline. Two, there's always something to do in the game. The game is so dynamic, having rifts and invasions all over different zones, not to mention Warfronts (PvP Battleground), challenging instances, and raids (which I've not been able to try yet). You have the sense of actually getting involved in this imaginary world. Third, last but not least, it is fun. It's difficult to pinpoint and state exactly why it is fun, but, trust me, it is so much fun. The game definitely has great and lasting value for its price, so I suggest you run into Rift and try it out now. Expand
  5. Mar 1, 2011
    Best game I've played since World of Warcraft came out. I would recommend this game to anyone that enjoys MMO's. It may not be he most original game but it takes the best aspects from other games such as wow, eq2, and warhammer and tries to improve upon it while adding it's own twist on things.
  6. Mar 1, 2011
    I can't stop playing. I'm afraid I'll lose my job! Seriously, this is pretty fantastic. The rifts and invasions are the most fun I've had in practically any other MMO I've played. GREAT co-op! Beautiful, addicting, easy to play, AWESOME! Play this game or else you'll always suck.
  7. Mar 1, 2011
    A great game with smoothest launch of any mmo ive ever played, There is a ton of content to do in the game and being able to participate in zone wide rift invasions is amazing simply one of the best mmo's since wow
  8. Mar 1, 2011
    Played in Beta and headstart. So far this game is best MMO out there in my opinion. Trying out different souls is fun.. I have been doing mostly warfronts, fighting rifts and dungeons. It is nonstop action. Lots of people to group with. Game has just launched, but everything is working smoothly. The questing does not feel like grinding, there is a good mix of stuff to do. The graphics arePlayed in Beta and headstart. So far this game is best MMO out there in my opinion. Trying out different souls is fun.. I have been doing mostly warfronts, fighting rifts and dungeons. It is nonstop action. Lots of people to group with. Game has just launched, but everything is working smoothly. The questing does not feel like grinding, there is a good mix of stuff to do. The graphics are amazing. I've tried 3 different specs for healing on my cleric already and they are all different but fun in their own way. I got the digital deluxe one with the ingame items. It includes a bigger bag and a cool, double-headed turtle mount which you can use as soon as you get near a mailbox, can't remember exactly, but like level 9 maybe. It makes getting around a lot easier so get that one if you can. Expand
  9. Mar 28, 2014
    Average MMO, yet highly likable and polished.

I first played RIFT at beta and early release before going back to my regular MMO of the time. I've been without a regular MMO and despite waiting for elder scrolls, most of my friends are on RIFT. In short, RIFT was 'something to do'. However. RIFT has the unique advantage of having an entirely original world, base, and story. At first
    Average MMO, yet highly likable and polished.

RIFT has the unique advantage of having an entirely original world, base, and story. At first glance the game world doesn't have the glamour and lore of a game such as LOTRO or SWTOR, but RIFT doesn't lack in quality.

The content is very versatile and available from level 1 to cap. Low level instances are fun, higher level players can scale down to do content. The main concept of the game, the rifts, are random and open. As hordes of monsters enter the landscape, a global quest, shared by all appears for that area. Players have to defeat invaders and aid each other to close the rifts and defeat the bosses. Not only is this fun, it has the ingenious advantage of encouraging group play without being forced or non existent.

The thing that impressed me the most this second time round of trying RIFT was the number of players in the starting and low level areas, in short, they are packed. Other games are devoid of players upto cap level areas, RIFT is populated throughout and the level scaling plays a great part in this.

The character skill trees are extensive and work well, there is plenty of choice for building the role you want.

The RIFT store is accessible by a small icon among the usual cluster of buttons for various menus you expect to see on the UI, it is not forced in anyway and functional. The reason I mention the store is for the way it entirely prevents gold selling. Players can buy a barter item for points which typically sells for a large amount of in game currency, not exactly my cup of tea however no gold sellers is a plus for an MMO.

RIFT is well worth playing, and free to play.
  10. Dec 30, 2013
    I actually have really enjoyed this game. It offers a lot of different ways to level up and group up with people to keep the action going. The class combinations allows for a lot of customization and for a F2P game I haven't found any handicaps for playing free.
  11. Jan 28, 2014
    This is a great MMO. If you are not questing, you are fighting to close Rifts with easily joinable public raid groups. If you’re not closing Rifts, you are fighting pitch-battles against Rift armies trying to get a foothold in the world. If you are not fighting Rift armies you are fighting against Rift force fortresses that have been constructed by unchecked armies that emerged fromThis is a great MMO. If you are not questing, you are fighting to close Rifts with easily joinable public raid groups. If you’re not closing Rifts, you are fighting pitch-battles against Rift armies trying to get a foothold in the world. If you are not fighting Rift armies you are fighting against Rift force fortresses that have been constructed by unchecked armies that emerged from unchecked Rifts. The world actually changes and progresses in response to play action or inaction. Love it! The crafting system is amazing, the professions keep you busy and the graphics are fantastic. Seriously, no other MMO has every kept me so engaged for so long. I just took out Patron Status (I am now a subscriber) and a game needs to be very good for me to do that. Also, it’s quite cheap and flexible. A month costs less than $12AU. Really worth checking out. Head and shoulders above other MMOs and I have played many. Oh, and it’s finished. Yep, it’s a working game in which I have been forced to endure 0 (zero) bugs. I am still trying to finish the first FlashPoint in Star Wars Old Republic due to an end mission crash more than a year after trying the game and here is a fully tested and functional MMO. This game is what professionalism is all about. The Help Desk got back to me regarding an account question (my fault) in less than two hours, the community is amazingly helpful and the game is just plain fun. Get this game. Get it now. :) Expand
  12. Apr 17, 2014
    is the best game mmorpg I've played, the gameplay is pretty good and is a bit addictive. very very good. recommend ,Rift is visually stunning, beautiful textures and effects. Revolutionary game play. This takes the best of other MMOs and makes it its own in a unique and fluid way. I've been with this game since day one of closed beta. Do not let WoW humpers fool you!
  13. Dec 15, 2013
    Rift's class system is amazing. The interface, the graphics, everything technical in this game is smooth and well designed. The only thing that's not so is the writing and quests. They handle f2p really well in this game too. It's well worth playing.
  14. Nov 14, 2013
    I have been playing this game since Beta. I took a long break, tried SWG, played MWO and dodged into and out of Planetside and a few other games over the years. The interesting thing is that SWG players were excited that they often had 200 players on at one time. I have seen RIFT remain a solid game throughout, despite ups and downs. The content is constantly refreshed, and they haven'tI have been playing this game since Beta. I took a long break, tried SWG, played MWO and dodged into and out of Planetside and a few other games over the years. The interesting thing is that SWG players were excited that they often had 200 players on at one time. I have seen RIFT remain a solid game throughout, despite ups and downs. The content is constantly refreshed, and they haven't trashed the game like WOW did when they "destroyed" the game. I never got into it after they "destroyed" it. I had 5 level 60 characters over there I abandoned because I didn't like the abrupt change in the game world. It wasn't interesting or enjoyable. Rift destroys parts of it's world all the time with the Rifts. This is a better way because you can still have the familiar which makes you feel like you are home, while still having threat, change, and fast group sessions all in one. Expand
  15. Jan 4, 2012
    Coming from EQ, DAoC, Warhammer, and WoW, this game seems to be a mixture of the best features from all of those games blended into one. The graphics look great on any system, but if you have a high-end rig, it really looks beautiful. It has been awhile since a MMO has sucked me in like RIFT has. I highly recommend it to gaming vets and newcomers alike. Give it a chance, you might like it.
  16. Mar 1, 2011
    This has quickly become my favorite MMO ever. It has: a gorgeous world that sucks you right in, interesting but not too daunting lore, very diverse and customizable class system, tons of bonus achievements...i could go on. I just recently completed the first group instance, and it was a blast! I love everything about this game so far. If you even remotely enjoy playing MMO games, thenThis has quickly become my favorite MMO ever. It has: a gorgeous world that sucks you right in, interesting but not too daunting lore, very diverse and customizable class system, tons of bonus achievements...i could go on. I just recently completed the first group instance, and it was a blast! I love everything about this game so far. If you even remotely enjoy playing MMO games, then this game is for you. Expand
  17. Mar 16, 2011
    Hand's down the best MMO at launch since WoW, speaking of WoW if you love it but now hate it take a vacation from Azeroth and come on down. after talking to a lot about the Cata launch this just may be the bigger change of pace you need with no hit to quality. it all feels familiar yet different. While far more drastic that Coke Vs Pepsi it is easily a matter of taste between the 2.Hand's down the best MMO at launch since WoW, speaking of WoW if you love it but now hate it take a vacation from Azeroth and come on down. after talking to a lot about the Cata launch this just may be the bigger change of pace you need with no hit to quality. it all feels familiar yet different. While far more drastic that Coke Vs Pepsi it is easily a matter of taste between the 2. Overall the game is nicely balanced both in terms of what you can do and what you charter can be an has potential for improvement. Expand
  18. Mar 2, 2011
    First things first. People need to understand that Rift is a very traditional MMORPG. If you played WoW, Everquest 2, or Warhammer, than Rift will feel very familiar to you. But is that necessarily a bad thing? In the case of Rift? Not at all. I'm not a professional game critic, so I'm not going to dive in to every aspect of the game. But, I will let you know right now that one of theFirst things first. People need to understand that Rift is a very traditional MMORPG. If you played WoW, Everquest 2, or Warhammer, than Rift will feel very familiar to you. But is that necessarily a bad thing? In the case of Rift? Not at all. I'm not a professional game critic, so I'm not going to dive in to every aspect of the game. But, I will let you know right now that one of the aspects really that shine in Rift, would be the classes. There are four primary classes, Mage, Warrior, Rogue, and Cleric. Don't let the number four fool you, because technically Rift has thirty-six classes. Let me explain. Each class that you choose has 9 skill trees (souls). Each class can choose three of those souls to shove skill points in to. So lets say you're playing a Warrior, and you're going to be soloing quite a bit. Maybe you'll want a companion? You can choose the Beastmaster soul. Well, you got a pet now, but maybe you also want to be a dual weapon specialist and dish out lots of damage, you can choose the Paragon soul as well. Well, maybe you want to buff your weapons with elemental power. Then go ahead and pick the Riftblade soul as well.

So basically you're a dual wielding warrior with fire swords and a pet. And that's basically how it works. But remember there are still 6 other souls to work with, and one of them is specifically dedicated to the PvPer.
  19. Mar 1, 2011
    I played lots of mmos in my gaming years, but boy I was really impressed by this one. Game itself is total ripoff from everything you saw in every mmorpg you can think of, but these guys took only the best things, improved them in lots of ways, and wrap them together in fabulous package. Public quests, superior auction house, excellent PvP and dungeons, tons of action (youll never getI played lots of mmos in my gaming years, but boy I was really impressed by this one. Game itself is total ripoff from everything you saw in every mmorpg you can think of, but these guys took only the best things, improved them in lots of ways, and wrap them together in fabulous package. Public quests, superior auction house, excellent PvP and dungeons, tons of action (youll never get bored here), you name it, rift got it. Best polished and bugfree mmo game I ever played on launch day. If you liked any mmorpg out there ever, buy this one, you wont be dissapointed. Expand
  20. Mar 1, 2011
    It looks good, it feels great. Very smooth launch so far, great zones and the rift system is engaging and highly immersive. Will it kill WoW? Who cares, WoW needs decent competition and Rift is a great contender.

Rift doesn't pretend to reinvent anything, it takes the best bits from other games and rolls them into a great iteration of the fantasy MMO genre. Kudos to Trion, great job!
  21. Mar 6, 2011
    Loving this game. Whilst many of the mechanics are standard MMO mechanics (and let me be clear, most MMOs since Meridian have had similar mechanics (Everquest, UO, EQ2, etc.) the game is still very fun. The rifts add a fantastic dynamic and I find that I spend half my time running around defeating them and still leveling to boot. Definitely worth a pick up, but do us all a favour andLoving this game. Whilst many of the mechanics are standard MMO mechanics (and let me be clear, most MMOs since Meridian have had similar mechanics (Everquest, UO, EQ2, etc.) the game is still very fun. The rifts add a fantastic dynamic and I find that I spend half my time running around defeating them and still leveling to boot. Definitely worth a pick up, but do us all a favour and play till at least level 20 before you decide it's not for you. As you progress in the game and explore the souls you realize how (in good ways) it differs from WoW. Expand
  22. Mar 4, 2011
    As per many RPG's, get past the mundane starting zones and you will find this is a quality MMO. Yes it is a blatant rip-off of WoW, but there are enough differences to keep it seperate. I must say, I was disappointed for the first day I played, loved it the second day, now I am thoroughly enjoying myself. Be patient and give it a go and you will find yourself hooked.
  23. Mar 5, 2011
    Incredible and fully featured MMO...finally!!

Incredible and fully featured MMO...finally!!

After years of half finished, buggy, broken MMO games we have the next step in MMO gaming. What WoW was to Everquest Rift is to WoW. It's incredibly polished with loads and loads of content. It unique, fun, thrilling dynamic Rift system that can take over town hubs and the like if you don't stop it and an amazing class system allowing you to create the class of your dreams. Highly recommended.
  24. Mar 1, 2011
    Since I pre-ordered the digital collectors edition on Steam I was able to play since the beginning of headstart. I really enjoy the game and have played pretty much the whole weekend with only small breaks. I love the graphics and I love the fact that the game is accessible for newcomers to the MMORPG genre. I have not played MMOs before, but I find the community is helpful if I haveSince I pre-ordered the digital collectors edition on Steam I was able to play since the beginning of headstart. I really enjoy the game and have played pretty much the whole weekend with only small breaks. I love the graphics and I love the fact that the game is accessible for newcomers to the MMORPG genre. I have not played MMOs before, but I find the community is helpful if I have questions in the game (who came up with all those abbreviations?? e.g. "Mage with CC LFG").
    I already recommended the game to a couple of my friends!
  25. Mar 2, 2011
    Great great game. The environments in the game are fantastic, especially in the dungeons! Rifts are engaging and fun, and the UI is easy to get used to/customize. The Class/Soul system is super flexible and pretty much anything you decide to try ends up working out fairly well.

I took one point off for some rough animations, no guild bank system, and fairly bland/streamlined questing. Eventually one these MMO's/RPG's are going to have to revolutionize the way we do questing!

All that really matters is I'm almost to level 31 on my Cleric and the game is beyond fun and I can't stop playing! I have a nice collection of my leveling journey in my Steam screenshot gallery located here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/holyliaison/screenshots/?tab=all
  26. Mar 4, 2011
    Excellent game with new gameplay features. The rift system is really fun, especially how it integrates while leveling. The game looks great and polished, which is a big plus for a game just released. The class system is a lot of fun as well and a fresh mix to the same class tier system in every MMO.
  27. Mar 5, 2011
    A uniquely polished game. It combines all the great elements from previous MMO's and creates a solid experience. Spiritual successor to EQ2? I think so! Trion's well poised to become a common name amongst gamers.
  28. Mar 2, 2011
    I have been playing MMOs for over a decade now and I wanted to address a couple of the negative reviewers: 1. For the person who thinks this is a dumbed down version of WoW, he couldn't be more wrong. Instead of one talent tree, you get three, the crafting system is silimar to WoW, but it has some options in it to make the items much more usable at your level. The UI system is one ofI have been playing MMOs for over a decade now and I wanted to address a couple of the negative reviewers: 1. For the person who thinks this is a dumbed down version of WoW, he couldn't be more wrong. Instead of one talent tree, you get three, the crafting system is silimar to WoW, but it has some options in it to make the items much more usable at your level. The UI system is one of the best that I have ever seen. It's very easily customizable and you can easily tailor it to your tastes.
    2. For the guy who complains about questing, leveling up, dungeons, raids and rifts... its an MMO!! That is what these games are played for! Holy crap, if you are going to complain about that, play a different game!

Seriously though, I've been playing World of Warcraft since its release and if there was ever a true WoW killer, this game is it. I picked it up very easily without even having to look at a manual and was instantly impressed by the spit and polish Trion Worlds put into their product. I highly recommend this game for anyone who is tired of playing World of Warcraft and wants something new.
  29. Mar 5, 2011
    I admit, when I first started playing Rift in Beta 4 I wasn't too terribly impressed. Sure, the graphics were pretty good but the combat didn't really set my world on fire. But things have improved considerably since then and I'm now an active purchaser/subscriber. I've played WoW since 2004 and while it's too early to tell if Rift is a "better" game, I will say that it's certainly oneI admit, when I first started playing Rift in Beta 4 I wasn't too terribly impressed. Sure, the graphics were pretty good but the combat didn't really set my world on fire. But things have improved considerably since then and I'm now an active purchaser/subscriber. I've played WoW since 2004 and while it's too early to tell if Rift is a "better" game, I will say that it's certainly one of the first new MMOs to come along that feels complete with tons of stuff to do. The world is new and gorgeous, combat IS a lot of fun once you start gaining abilities, the soul system rocks, and the rift invasions are a ton of fun. My initial impressions of the rifts/invasions were that they might be gimmicky -- but they've yet to become a bore or tiresome. As others have yet, the quest system isn't anything amazing, but the rifts really do help break up the monotony of leveling. In fact, I would say it hasn't been monotonous at all!

Rift is an excellent game. For anyone to rate this game below a 7 hasn't really played it for any length of time OR is desperately wanting a next-gen MMO (which this isn't-- just an evolution of what we're familiar with). If you are a new player to WoW I would say you'd probably be happier staying with that. But if you're like me and have played WoW for years and have grown tired of its "same ol same ol'", then give Rift a try. I think you'll definitely enjoy your time in Telara.
  30. Mar 1, 2011
    I already recommended the game to a couple of my friends!

1. Nov 29, 2011
    There have been obvious comparisons made to WoW, with some even going as far as calling it a clone. But what makes Rift so special is that it goes out of its way to avoid falling into the same traps as the many that have fallen before it. It avoids the painful, mindnumbing grind, makes incremental patches everyday and listens intently to its rapidly growing community.
    It's true that the soul trees offer outstanding flexibility for character development and the rifts bring a welcome sense of insecurity into Telara's everyday life, but for some players this simply might not be enough.
  3. Jun 28, 2011
    Rift offers a really polished MMO experience but looks and feels much like a mix of many good MMOs like World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings Online and Warhammer Online.