5.3

1. Sep 25, 2013
    For $10 of less, this game is a steal. Its unlike anything I've ever played, its easy to understand yet engrossing, its fun and gun-heavy, its strategic but not to the point of frustration...
    I honestly don't understand the other reviewers problems when viewed through a $10 lens the controls aren't bad at all for the PC... the building phase only takes a few minutes, and its easy to
    re-arrange pieces in the building phase... I got this game for less than $5 on a Humble Bundle, and its was a STEAL for that price. I would still be recommending it to friends for $10 and over.
    Its original, fun, engrossing, addictive... what more could you ask for from a game???
  2. AWG
    Jul 30, 2013
    User menruisan nailed it pretty well: "Rigonauts" is not a bad game but playing it on a PC is very annoying since controls are optimized for a mobile touch screen.
  3. Aug 8, 2012
    The game reminded me of the old flash game "Fantastic Contraption," which was addicting at the time, so I was quite excited about rigonauts when I saw the trailer. The game is a bit fun and addicting. Build your vessel, place your guns, and watch it go battle with other vessels. It's a game of trial and error. You will often have to modify, or even scrap and start anew, your vessel until you find just the right structure and combination of guns to defeat your opponent. This is best done by targeting your enemy's weak points and covering your own. The physics in the game brings some additional challenge: trying to keep your vessel balancd on the terrain and during destruction in battle, as well as crippling your opponent at certain weak points.

I would give this game an 8-9 if it were an iOS game... but this is a PC port. The idea of building the vessel is fun, but it is really time consuming when there are no hot keys. The game is played with only the left mouse click and I think tab shifts view. click(menu), click(add), click(move), click(rotate), click(delete). And sometimes the pop up menu hovers over the other piece which is kind of annoying. Keep in mind, I haven't been to the late stages so I haven't been able to build any thing complex yet. I hope they will address this in future updates otherwise, I will have to say it's not worth the 9.99USD that I paid. I'm still really addicted to it, but dam there's so much clicking, it's painful.
  4. Aug 8, 2012

1. Oct 5, 2012
    The core principles are engaging and there's a lot of superficial entertainment--I still smile at the way my crew, the trusty Rigonauts, continue pummeling the remains of my defeated, white-flag-waving opponent while I review the "level complete" summary--but it's missing the mission variety that would coax out the engineering potential Rigonauts should have. [Dec 2012, p.67]
  2. Sep 3, 2012
    It doesn't have the best execution and it probably costs too much, but there ought to be room in everyone's life for at least one slapstick physics puzzler, and if you're in the right mood then perhaps Rigonauts can be your Bridge Builder.
  3. Aug 28, 2012
    Rigonauts has an interesting concept but never really manages to make a good game out of it. The lack of polish makes the game feel very unfinished and the cumbersome controls along with lack of information and unpredictable physics make the gameplay frustrating.